PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Camby meeting with Miami Heat on Saturday

All Net
07-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Marcus Camby (per Houston Chronicle) will meet with Heat on Saturday. He's interested only in the $3 million exception, not vet minimum.

Guessing the backup option if ray decides to stay in Boston?

SilkkTheShocker
07-06-2012, 03:41 PM
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Faptastrophe
07-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Guessing the backup option if ray decides to stay in Boston?
I heard that Jordan Hill is a backup plan if Ray doesn't sign.

/edit: nvm..

"The Heat also has contacted representation for Lakers center/power forward Jordan Hill and likely would pursue him, among others, if Allen passes on Miami’s offer.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/06/2883813/miami-heat-awaits-ray-allen.html#storylink=cpy "

StateOfMind12
07-06-2012, 03:43 PM
It would make it even more funny if both Allen and Camby go to Boston which I honestly hope because it would make the Heat-Celtics series/games way more competitive.

BallsOut
07-06-2012, 03:46 PM
It would make it even more funny if both Allen and Camby go to Boston which I honestly hope because it would make the Heat-Celtics series/games way more competitive.

Not likely unless Camby is obtained through sign and trade with Houston. Celtics already used their MLE and are over the cap with all recent signings.

Kurosawa0
07-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Ray probably stays in Boston. The only way he took less money is if he was truly done with playing for the Celtics. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Camby would be a nice fit for Miami as well. Not as big of a get as Allen, but he does fill a bigger need.

All Net
07-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Be very surprised if Miami didn't get one of ray or camby

If Miami offer camby the mini MLE would he really say no and head back to Houston? Seems he is meeting Knicks next not sure why

Kiddlovesnets
07-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Thought the Heat would be going for Greg Oden, but well Camby is a safer pick.

Kurosawa0
07-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Be very surprised if Miami didn't get one of ray or camby

If Miami offer camby the mini MLE would he really say no and head back to Houston? Seems he is meeting Knicks next not sure why

The Knicks could only offer near the minimum, right? Didn't they use up most of their mid on Jason Kidd?

Kurosawa0
07-06-2012, 03:59 PM

They still could I suppose. Just probably not high on their list of priorities.

All Net
07-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Rashard Lewis' meeting w/the Heat is Sunday, not Saturday. Hasn't ruled out anything, but would naturally prefer mid-level. Other suitors.

Miami would be idiots to offer their mini MLE to Lewis.

BallsOut
07-06-2012, 04:01 PM
The Knicks could only offer near the minimum, right? Didn't they use up most of their mid on Jason Kidd?

Yep. Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and Miami are the only ones who have MLE to offer.

Kurosawa0
07-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Miami would be idiots to offer their mini MLE to Lewis.

Yeah, you can't even be sure that Lewis can still play.

Nash
07-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Camby/Lewis if Ray doesn't work. Seems like a good plan B to me.

EnoughSaid
07-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Here's to hopefully having it all worked out. Pat and 'Zo are the masters at this.

Cangri
07-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Yeah, you can't even be sure that Lewis can still play.
Didn't this guy become sht after he got caught using steroids?

Raz
07-06-2012, 04:12 PM

Google: 'Grantland' 'Greg Oden'

Read the first article that pops up. You will discover that he is taking the year off to rehab.

ProfessorMurder
07-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Didn't this guy become sht after he got caught using steroids?

Those weren't even real steroids. It was DHEA, slightly ups your testosterone and it's in many supplements and things over the counter.

Mr. Incredible
07-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Is there a chance Miami could land Allen & Camby?

MeLO MvP 15
07-06-2012, 04:40 PM
It's yet to be seen. The Kidd acquisition could still be a sign and trade for scraps. And if it's not, we have un-guaranteed deals, TD and cash to give Houston for a sign and trade.

Nash
07-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Probably not. Ray gets the 3m and Camby has to obviously accept the min vet which I guess he won't.

And if they do end up getting Allen and Camby they could probably end up by landing Rashard too since he won't get anything above min vet.

Whatever happens they will end up getting Allen or Ray for the 3m + Lewis for min vet.

Sounds good to me since they're basically replacing non contributors in Juwan, Curry and Harris.

Freedom Kid7
07-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Well it's about time Miami gets a legit Center

DaSeba5
07-06-2012, 04:43 PM
If we get Allen and Camby.... wow! Maybe they can convince him to take the vet min, but I doubt it.

All Net
07-06-2012, 04:47 PM

Source says chance Miami could sign Ray Allen with $3 million exception and then seek to get Marcus Camby in sign-and-trade with Houston

Seems unlikely tho

H E A T
07-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Potentially could be a huge get for the Heat

Kiddlovesnets
07-06-2012, 04:57 PM

Read the first article that pops up. You will discover that he is taking the year off to rehab.

Well I thought he had been rehabbing since 2011?
:roll:

Anyway if hes doing this with the Suns training staff, he is likely to return to his former self. Not the dominant C, but at least that 8/7 guy he used to be.

WockaVodka
07-06-2012, 04:58 PM
It looks like one or the other at this point.

InfiniteBaskets
07-06-2012, 05:06 PM
The fact that Allen has not been reported to have agreed to any deal with Miami yet leads me to believe he'll be re-signing with Boston.

It is telling that Ray hasn't been able to commit to either team sooner. I wonder what's going through his mind. Either take more money and play with the team you've been playing on or take less and play for a more stacked team. What else is there to ponder?

Faptastrophe
07-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
NYK and MIA leaders in comp to land HOU C Marcus Camby with either $3m mini mid or Sign-N-Trade, source tells Y! SA,DAL, HOU also interested.

DaSeba5
07-06-2012, 05:11 PM
NYK and MIA leaders in comp to land HOU C Marcus Camby with either $3m mini mid or Sign-N-Trade, source tells Y! SA,DAL, HOU also interested.

:rockon:

H E A T
07-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Perfect

niko
07-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Perfect for the Knicks maybe.

BallsOut
07-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Perfect for the Knicks maybe.

Knicks used MLE on Kidd. What can they offer in a S&T?

Nash
07-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Miami could offer the Philly 1st round pick, I guess thats a start.

mentallooser
07-06-2012, 06:08 PM

Wow, that really makes me wanna root for him.

All Net
07-06-2012, 10:39 PM
@christomasson

Source says Houston would consider sign-and-trade with any team for Marcus Camby if Rockets like what they could get back. Miami Heat in mix

Another source says Rockets could be enticed by Heat in sign-and-trade for Camby with draft picks and/or veteran who could mentor young guys

spiegel
07-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Who is th vet we would like?. Haslem? Miami aint giving him up whatsoever? Plus we have enough PF's as it is. A 1st round pick would be a great trade for us though.

pmj
07-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Who is th vet we would like?. Haslem? Miami aint giving him up whatsoever? Plus we have enough PF's as it is. A 1st round pick would be a great trade for us though.

Heat has Philly's 1st next year, and then just include a filler.

PJR
07-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Miami is going to trade Joel Anthony and a first round pick for Marus Camby.

You heard it here first.

DuMa
07-07-2012, 12:00 AM
not joel :mad:

StateOfMind12
07-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Incredibly reliable source! :bowdown:
The official Miami Heat twitter and many other reliable sources are re-tweeting it so I hope it wasn't too sarcastic.

How much can the Knicks offer Camby? If they need to do S&T, it wouldn't surprise me if the Rockets tell them to screw off considering how they're going to match Lin's offer.

swi7ch
07-07-2012, 12:24 AM
This is a done deal as soon as he heard RayRay is coming to MIA.

Patrick Chewing
07-07-2012, 12:26 AM
Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB

Word is #Knicks in the Lead for Camby http://www.theknicksblog.com/2012/07/07/word-is-knicks-in-the-lead-for-camby/

Derka
07-07-2012, 12:30 AM
Pay attention, Ray. Don't think Riley won't deal you in a heartbeat.

Kurosawa0
07-07-2012, 12:35 AM
I can't believe that another team would trade for Joel Anthony, but Morey would get another pick out of it...

Sounds like a move he'd make. :lol

PJR
07-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Pay attention, Ray. Don't think Riley won't deal you in a heartbeat.

:oldlol: Oh please. Pat Riley is not going to trade Ray Allen on a 3 million dollar per year contract. It's incredible value for the greatest pure shooter to ever play, and someone who's going to help his organization collect a few more rings.

One thing we do know, Danny Ainge DID try to trade Ray. And he got burned in the end. :confusedshrug:

PJR
07-07-2012, 12:40 AM
I can't believe that another team would trade for Joel Anthony, but Morey would get another pick out of it...

Sounds like a move he'd make. :lol

Morey loves collecting first round picks and doing absolutely nothing with them. :lol

Derka
07-07-2012, 01:29 AM
:oldlol: Oh please. Pat Riley is not going to trade Ray Allen on a 3 million dollar per year contract. It's incredible value for the greatest pure shooter to ever play, and someone who's going to help his organization collect a few more rings.

One thing we do know, Danny Ainge DID try to trade Ray. And he got burned in the end. :confusedshrug:

Tell yourself that. Pat cares for naught but winning. Loyalty and words don't hoist championship banners. If he has a chance to make the Heat even slightly better at the cost of Ray Allen, he isn't going to hesitate.

livinglegend
07-07-2012, 01:30 AM
And Lewis is also meeting with Miami Sunday.

EnoughSaid
07-07-2012, 01:34 AM
If the Heat manage to get Allen, Camby, and Lewis, it will be AMAZING. Probably much more than they could have hoped for.

Depth chart if it happens and Miller retires:

Chalmers/Cole
Wade/Allen/Harris
LeBron/Battier/Jones
Bosh/Haslem/Lewis
Camby/Turiaf/Pittman

:bowdown:

All Net
07-07-2012, 03:47 AM
The official Miami Heat twitter and many other reliable sources are re-tweeting it so I hope it wasn't too sarcastic.

How much can the Knicks offer Camby? If they need to do S&T, it wouldn't surprise me if the Rockets tell them to screw off considering how they're going to match Lin's offer.

Doesn't look like a bad source. Could totally see that happening if Miami adds in a pick

Lebron23
07-07-2012, 03:51 AM
Camby will be the Miami Heat's best Center since Shaq.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

TylerOO
07-07-2012, 04:04 AM
If the Heat manage to get Allen, Camby, and Lewis, it will be AMAZING. Probably much more than they could have hoped for.

Chalmers/Cole
Wade/Allen/Harris
LeBron/Battier/Jones
Bosh/Haslem/Lewis
Camby/Turiaf/Pittman

Pretty sure we didn't give an offer to Harris. I think he's a FA

francesco totti
07-07-2012, 04:54 AM
camby for joel anthony + the pick they got from philadelphia.

Nash
07-07-2012, 08:11 AM
So Camby can either choose being a starter for the best team in the league and reserve to nobody or join Knicks and be reserve to Chandler?

Hmm, tough decision. You can either join Miami, great weather and very good chance of getting that ring as a starter or New York, the best damn city in the world where Camby is still appreciated.

r15mohd
07-07-2012, 08:16 AM
So Camby can either choose being a starter for the best team in the league and reserve to nobody or join Knicks and be reserve to Chandler?

Hmm, tough decision. You can either join Miami, great weather and very good chance of getting that ring as a starter or New York, the best damn city in the world where Camby is still appreciated.

Really depends on his priorities...is he that adamant about gettin a ring or more for th money??? With the teams he's narrowed his choices down to, you'd think he cared for the money more.

Anyhoo...put him in the room with Rile's and Mourning, I'm sure they'll sway him to South Beach. :applause:

SacJB Shady
07-07-2012, 08:23 AM

Chalmers/Cole
Wade/Allen/Harris
LeBron/Battier/Jones
Bosh/Haslem/Lewis
Camby/Turiaf/Pittman

wow....... I might even put camby on the bench, just to balance it out.

Nash
07-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Do Miami have a 2nd round pick to offer?

Faptastrophe
07-07-2012, 09:09 AM

Chalmers/Cole
Wade/Allen/Harris
LeBron/Battier/Jones
Bosh/Haslem/Lewis
Camby/Turiaf/Pittman

The sad thing is that Jones will probably also retire..

InfiniteBaskets
07-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Camby will be the Miami Heat's best Center since Shaq.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I'd say Jermaine O'Neal comes close to what Camby brings to the table, as well as pre-career ending injury Zo.

Unforgiven
07-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Miami is a no brainier from a perspective of minutes and playing a larger role/contributing to a potential championship team.

The other major factor is whether the money is an issue.

I just don't see why he wouldn't sign there.

Although things like pride and other unknown personal factors contribute.

Nash
07-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Miami should give them Joel Anthony and then replace him with this guy who has exactly the same skill set as Joel. All time shot block leader in college:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNoAwyoRMNE

TMT
07-07-2012, 11:42 AM
If ya'll get Camby for the minimum too I will be pissed. :oldlol:

chips93
07-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Miami should give them Joel Anthony and then replace him with this guy who has exactly the same skill set as Joel. All time shot block leader in college:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNoAwyoRMNE

varnardo can barely get on the court, despite the gaping hole the heat have at center, hes not much of an asset

JellyBean
07-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Dang. If Miami signs Camby for less than the what others are paying, they are going to be the clear favorites to win again.

Nash
07-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Chris Tomasson

Here's how source described what Marcus Camby to go through today in Miami: "He's going to get the Ray Allen treatment.'' The Heat wined and dined Allen during a Thursday visit and the free agent decided the next day to join Miami. Camby is visiting Miami as a free agent. Heat could work out a sign-and-trade deal with the Rockets for Camby.

Don Pat Riley is at it again. The rest of the teams might as well cancel their meetings with Camby. :lol

chosen_one6
07-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Tell yourself that. Pat cares for naught but winning. Loyalty and words don't hoist championship banners. If he has a chance to make the Heat even slightly better at the cost of Ray Allen, he isn't going to hesitate.

Just like how Danny Ainge tried to trade Rondo and Ray too right? :facepalm

EnoughSaid
07-07-2012, 02:13 PM
If Pat ends up convincing Shard and Camby, then is without a doubt the GOAT GM. :bowdown:

CelticBaller
07-07-2012, 02:13 PM
its a business idiot :oldlol:

chosen_one6
07-07-2012, 02:15 PM
its a business idiot :oldlol:

No s*** sherlock :rolleyes: . But your fellow Celtic fan Derka over there was trying to make it seem like Pat Riley is a shark when his own team's GM is the same way.

I swear some people don't even read entire posts on this forum :facepalm

CelticBaller
07-07-2012, 02:17 PM
No s*** sherlock :rolleyes: . But your fellow Celtic fan Derka over there was trying to make it seem like Pat Riley is a shark when his own team's GM is the same way.

I swear some people don't even read entire posts on this forum :facepalm
He posted that because you guys act like Riley himself wouldn't trade him

Damn you should read more :oldlol:

chosen_one6
07-07-2012, 02:26 PM
He posted that because you guys act like Riley himself wouldn't trade him

Damn you should read more :oldlol:

"You guys"? I'm not one of the idiot bandwagon fans. Please don't group me with them :D

Shepseskaf
07-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Don Pat Riley is at it again.
Its 'Don Riley'. Luca will visit you, if you get it wrong again.

Derka
07-07-2012, 03:04 PM

No true Boston fan faults Danny for exploring his options when they were offered...its Pat and Danny's job to do this. That Ray Allen gets all Lamar Odom about it is unfortunate, but it is what it is. He wants to get whiny about it, that's his business.

But people running around here saying Pat is all about loyalty and family or whatever...complete bullshit. These guys are about winning. Ray Allen at $3 million per season is going to have A LOT of people calling at the trade deadline.

chosen_one6
07-07-2012, 03:06 PM
No true Boston fan faults Danny for exploring his options when they were offered...its Pat and Danny's job to do this. That Ray Allen gets all Lamar Odom about it is unfortunate, but it is what it is. He wants to get whiny about it, that's his business.

But people running around here saying Pat is all about loyalty and family or whatever...complete bullshit. These guys are about winning. Ray Allen at $3 million per season is going to have A LOT of people calling at the trade deadline.

I completely agree with this sentiment.

NumberSix
07-07-2012, 03:07 PM
:hammertime: Getcha MAD on:hammertime:

Nash
07-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Its all about risks and decisions and Ainge trying to trade Ray came back and bit him in the ass.

Clippersfan86
07-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Clippers now in on it, setting up meeting with Camby. One of my favorite Clippers EVER. Dude needs to come back and said he never wanted to leave here after the Clippers traded him. He's still a mentor for Griffin+DJ. If Clippers can somehow add him for the 2 mill BAE WCF is a lock. Deepest team in NBA.

NumberSix
07-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Clippers now in on it, setting up meeting with Camby. One of my favorite Clippers EVER. Dude needs to come back and said he never wanted to leave here after the Clippers traded him. He's still a mentor for Griffin+DJ. If Clippers can somehow add him for the 2 mill BAE WCF is a lock. Deepest team in NBA.
Who are "the clippers"? :confusedshrug:

niko
07-08-2012, 01:36 PM
:coleman:
No way. S and T or gtfo.