PDA

View Full Version : Clippers sign Jamal Crawford & Chauncey Billups

Rowe
07-05-2012, 01:55 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-clippers-guards-20120705,0,1951283.story

TylerOO
07-05-2012, 01:57 PM
They also cancelled visit with Ray. Looks like Miami or Boston

DaSeba5
07-05-2012, 01:58 PM
That ends the Ray Allen to LA Clippers talk.

Fiasco
i hate my life

CelticBaller
Poster Nash on why Allen will sign with the Clippers

Why?

- They can offer him more money than Miami.
- They can offer him a starting spot, which he wants.
- It won't be a controversial switch if he goes to Clippers. Going to Miami has been painted as the "dark side" and shit. Its safer and far away from Boston. No bad PR.
- Its Los Angeles. With New York easily the two most attractive places to be in the United States.
- Good team with a guy like CP3 and others like Blake and Butler and with an actual shot of going all the way. And with him on the team, their chances go up very quickly.
- And lastly, if he wins, it won't be because he ring chased on Lebron, Wade and Bosh's back. If Clippers wins he will be recognized for it..

maybeshewill13
i hate my life
:lol

chazzy
07-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Wonder why they gave up on Ray/Lee so soon

DaSeba5

:oldlol: :applause:

AMISTILLILL
I figured Ray to Clippers was a bit of a pipe dream for some... seems like a big move for a guy who has expressed his reservations toward uprooting family for another cross-country move.

Solid signings, nonetheless. Crawford is a bit of an inefficient knucklehead but so was Nick Young to some degree. With vets like Billups and Paul in the back court, they can absorb the potential hit from a player of the JR Smith variety.

All Net
07-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Maybe Ray has told him he wants to go to Miami?

Fiasco
07-05-2012, 02:01 PM

because they have no idea what theyre doing

Nash
07-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Well, they didn't really give him the chance to pick them now did they? :D

El Kabong
You'd have to figure they jumped on Crawford because Allen told them he wouldn't be signing with them, although it is the Clippers, so maybe they just forgot the check first or something.

BallsOut
I figured Ray to Clippers was a bit of a pipe dream for some... seems like a big move for a guy who has expressed his reservations toward uprooting family for another cross-country move.

Solid signings, nonetheless. Crawford is a bit of an inefficient knucklehead but so was Nick Young to some degree. With vets like Billups and Paul in the back court, they can absorb the potential hit from a player of the JR Smith variety.

When you think about it, Billups and Crawford are very similar players. Billups just prefers to do it from behind the 3pt line, Crawford anywhere. But Billups has the ring, so its okay for him to chuck. :oldlol:

Kingwillball
I have a feeling with if U connect the Pieces Allen Told Clips He is Signing Elsewhere ( Miami or Boston but most likely Miami with all the hints Lebron and Wade have been dropping on Twitter)so Clips wasted no time jumping on Crawford and resigning Billips which are both Good moves for them.

LA_Showtime
07-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Parity is parody.

TeamLAC
07-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Inconsistent player with no defense. :(

BlackVVaves
07-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Wtf are the Clippers doing? Ray Ray and Courtney Lee out there, and you reel in....

Crawford?

:facepalm

qrich
07-05-2012, 02:05 PM
I'll take it. Not my first choice but hey, Crawford is instant offense and Billups was big last year. Hopefully they keep Sushi now or S&T him.

Fiasco
07-05-2012, 02:06 PM

sounds like someone we knew mo williams cough

Levity
so where's courtney lee's next stop? resign with houston?

Fiasco
I'll take it. Not my first choice but hey, Crawford is instant offense and Billups was big last year. Hopefully they keep Sushi now or S&T him.
if they dont keeo young i riot

chazzy
Lee would've been ideal. Still desperately lacking a wing defender

Fiasco
07-05-2012, 02:07 PM
so where's courtney lee's next stop? resign with houston?

mle clippers :coleman:

StackzUp
07-05-2012, 02:09 PM
That ends their quest for Ray Allen I asume. Good pick ups.

MJ(Mean John)
I don't know why clips fans are trippin.

Billups is a big time vet for the clutch and inspirational baller.

While Jamal, can be a headache, Crawford is a cold blooded bad motherf.ucker.

He brings to the clippers a guy who can consistently create his own shot especially with the game on the line against a tough defense. IMO something they lacked.

Never really bought the cp3 closer talk. He might be a good player in the clutch but a guy who could get his in the final moments against tough D on the road?

Naw. Give me Jamal Crawford!

Fiasco
Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher

Source: teams still w/ a shot at Mayo (Mavs, Rockets, Pacers, Clippers, Knicks and Suns) + Kaman (Mavs, Pacers, Spurs, Kings and Jazz)

WHAT IS THIS FRONT OFFICE DOING? JESUS CHRIST

CelticBaller
07-05-2012, 02:10 PM
I feel the same about the celtics :banghead:

D-Rose
07-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Solid moves for the Clippers, not sold on Crawford, but the next best at their price range after Ray.

AMISTILLILL
07-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Reports indicate that Boston is in the mix for signing Nick Young.

TeamLAC
sounds like someone we knew mo williams cough
Mo Williams v2 :facepalm

Fiasco
Solid moves for the Clippers, not sold on Crawford, but the next best at their price range after Ray.

they could have had lee

we dont have a gm

wtf is this

qrich

With the MLE gone and still a shot at Mayo, I'd take it, though I'd prefer Sushi over Mayo, as proven this last playoffs.

I want a better backup big than Hollins, I feel Leslie can be the backup 2guard next year and do well. Good wingspan, great athleticism, no reason why Leslie can't develop into a premier defender at the two.

S&T Sushi to Boston for TPE and 2nd.

CelticBaller
07-05-2012, 02:13 PM
With Kaman out there we are trying sign another wing? :lol

Good bye Allen :cry:

TeamLAC
07-05-2012, 02:15 PM
With the MLE gone and still a shot at Mayo, I'd take it, though I'd prefer Sushi over Mayo, as proven this last playoffs.

I want a better backup big than Hollins, I feel Leslie can be the backup 2guard next year and do well. Good wingspan, great athleticism, no reason why Leslie can't develop into a premier defender at the two.
OMG Nick in the playoffs = :applause: If Young's gone, I eat my dog for dinner.

Fiasco
07-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Guard Jamal Crawford's deal done and he will get a four-year, $25 million deal (with bonuses) from Clippers, sources told Yahoo!

.................................................. ...................

AMISTILLILL
07-05-2012, 02:17 PM
S&T Sushi to Boston for TPE and 2nd.
I'd pull the trigger if I was Ainge. The team isn't really in a position to deplete what little skeleton of a roster they currently have. Only available pieces would be Bradley and JaJuan Johnson, and I'm not parting with Avery. :D

Signing Jason Terry, Nick Young and hopefully getting Camby would be a great off-season for Boston. They patch up their biggest weakness (rebounding) with the addition of Camby into the starting lineup and get a HUGE jolt of offense from Terry and Young. The guard rotation of Rondo/Bradley/Terry/Young is formidable as hell.

BlackVVaves
07-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Crawford is Mo Williams, without the efficiency.

Barely a 40% shooter in his career, and a 34% shooter from three.

While Mo has typically been a 45% shooter from the field and 40% shooter from three.

Fiasco, Clippersfan. Help me understand this move :wtf:

Billups is a good signing though. If for anything, morale, as CP3 was adamant about his return.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-05-2012, 02:19 PM

Yep.

AMISTILLILL
07-05-2012, 02:19 PM
With Kaman out there we are trying sign another wing? :lol

Good bye Allen :cry:
Kaman's going to get paid. With the market value on available free agent centers being at a laughable high, somebody who missed out on the Dwight/Hibbert sweepstakes will throw him a stupid offer. I think it'll be Mavericks, to be honest.

SCdac
07-05-2012, 02:20 PM
2013 champions

EnoughSaid
07-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Very nice. Now Miami is the only team meeting with Ray. :cheers:

qrich
07-05-2012, 02:22 PM
I'd pull the trigger if I was Ainge. The team isn't really in a position to deplete what little skeleton of a roster they currently have. Only available pieces would be Bradley and JaJuan Johnson, and I'm not parting with Avery. :D

Signing Jason Terry, Nick Young and hopefully getting Camby would be a great off-season for Boston. They patch up their biggest weakness (rebounding) with the addition of Camby into the starting lineup and get a HUGE jolt of offense from Terry and Young. The guard rotation of Rondo/Bradley/Terry/Young is formidable as hell.

I'd do it just to give the Clippers a tpe at about 4.6 million to use, I couldn't care less about the 2nd. I'd love to get the rights to Melo but that most likely isn't plausible. I want to keep Sushi, but if he has to go, might as well get a TPE.

OMG Nick in the playoffs = :applause: If Young's gone, I eat my dog for dinner.

Will miss Sushi for sure.

At 6'5, Crawford gives the Clippers better size at the two guard while still being a solid threat from range.

Isn't the greatest move, but isn't the worst either. 3 years/15.7 mil with bonuses that can get that up to 25 will make him work harder.

Fiasco
07-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Crawford is Mo Williams, without the efficiency.

Barely a 40% shooter in his career, and a 34% shooter from three.

While Mo has typically been a 45% shooter from the field and 40% shooter from three.

Billups is a good signing though. If for anything, morale, as CP3 was adamant about his return.

You're not supposed to understand this move, because it doesn't make any sense. We needed a wing defender so we went out and got two undersized guards that can't defend. It's not already bad enough that we're probably not resigning Nick Young (who was HUGE for us in the playoffs), but that we're losing out on Lee too.

People wonder why I'm an asshole? It's because of shit like this that makes me drink Jack @ 11:23 in the morning.

DuMa
07-05-2012, 02:24 PM
4 yrs? horrible signing

Fiasco
07-05-2012, 02:24 PM
We don't even have a ****ing General Manager. This is ridiculous.

Kingwillball
07-05-2012, 02:25 PM

Crazy How Boston seems to have an Endless Pool of $ to play with.. I guess there Big 3 Are not getting the same amount of $ as Miami's big 3 thus they have plenty of $ left over for Role players. Anyway, Camby and your Boy Shuttlesworth Sign with Miami and it is Curtains for the rest of the League again.

CelticBaller
07-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Crazy How Boston seems to have an Endless Pool of $ to play with.. I guess there Big 3 Are not getting the same amount of $ as Miami's big 3 thus they have plenty of $ left over for Role players. Anyway, Camby and your Boy Shuttlesworth Sign with Miami and it is Curtains for the rest of the League again.
If MIA sign Allen Camby wont take a paycut :oldlol:

ProfessorMurder
07-05-2012, 02:27 PM
I don't know why people still want Kaman... Dude's been garbage since his all star year.

Fiasco
07-05-2012, 02:28 PM
This is going to be Blake all year, watching Crawford play.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4aq8mIB4F1qcmnsoo2_1280.png

D-Rose
07-05-2012, 02:28 PM
I don't know why people still want Kaman... Dude's been garbage since his all star year.
7 ft. tall baby, all day er day.

qrich
07-05-2012, 02:30 PM

Legit 7 footer. Big offensive repertoire due to being ambidextrous. Can post up, face up, hit from mid range. Good at boxing out. Lack of big men in the league.

AMISTILLILL
07-05-2012, 02:31 PM
With Ray and KG's initial contracts/extensions off the books, a considerable chunk of change was freed up. Something in the ball park of $30 million, give or take. KG resigning for essentially half of what he made in the final year of his contract was a big boost for the Celtics' ability to pay incoming free agents.

I wouldn't be totally convinced Ray and Camby come to Miami, with Camby leaning toward staying with Houston and whatnot. Ray is a possibility, and I wish him well.

CelticBaller
07-05-2012, 02:33 PM
being a 7 footer that can score in the post, I'd rather have him at C than KG

colorz
07-05-2012, 02:38 PM
I love bringing Billups back...but I don't like Crawford on this team at all.

LA_Showtime
07-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Crawford's a gamer but they should have pushed for Ray Allen. That guy is a proven winner and is a much better fit alongside Paul and Griffin.

StateOfMind12
07-05-2012, 02:41 PM
If I was the Clippers, I would have wanted Lee and Ray before Crawford. Is Crawford even that much different from Nick Young? I suppose Crawford can create off the dribble better than Young can but they're essentially the same.

Thechosen1
07-05-2012, 02:42 PM
goodbye chris paul

Fiasco
07-05-2012, 02:43 PM
If I was the Clippers, I would have wanted Lee and Ray before Crawford. Is Crawford even that much different from Nick Young? I suppose Crawford can create off the dribble better than Young can but they're essentially the same.

Nick Young actually plays defense. That is the key difference.

qrich
07-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Nick Young actually plays defense. That is the key difference.

And showed willingness to take a backseat

BlackVVaves
07-05-2012, 02:46 PM

Except Young performed well in the playoffs.

Crawford? His FG% drops from 40% to 35% in the playoffs.

:facepalm

Fiasco
07-05-2012, 02:49 PM
And showed willingness to take a backseat

http://static.bbmp3.com/smilies/dead.gif

only god can save us now

sacredcow
07-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Enjoy watching Crawford shoot your team into defeat. He made me :banghead: too many times last season.

roffie
07-05-2012, 03:05 PM

thissss.. wasn't he shooting like 35% last season? lols

FireDavidKahn
07-05-2012, 03:16 PM
25 million for Crawford?:biggums:

Derka
07-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Good luck with Jamal, Clips fans.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 03:19 PM
CP3/Bledsoe/Billups/Crawford is still the best backcourt in the NBA. People need to stop crying and being dramatic. Contract is 1-2 years too long but before criticizing let's see how the damn guy plays/fits. He will for the first time ever be playing with two all stars who both command nonstop doubles. I'll bet anybody here that his shooting percentages go up at least 5 percent from deep and the field.

My only complaint is that deal should have been 3 years tops, preferably 2. Obviously the Clippers got strong indications that Allen was signing with Heat or they wouldn't have made this decision and canceled with Allen. Also Lee was never realistic. The reason there is zero buzz about Lee and the Clippers right now for one main reason.

He wants more money than Clippers can offer.

hawkfan
07-05-2012, 03:22 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-clippers-guards-20120705,0,1951283.story

Dude, change your avatar - everytime I see it, I think of clippersfan86.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 03:25 PM

I'm already in your dreams so what's the problem? Btw guys.. another thing to note when you guys call him a less efficient Mo Williams is he's getting paid 40 percent less than Mo was. CP3 will make this guy so much better. Wouldn't be surprised if he put up 16 ppg on 42+ percent from the field, 38+ percent from deep this year.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 03:27 PM
CP3/Bledsoe/Billups/Crawford is still the best backcourt in the NBA.

Stopped right there.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BlackVVaves
07-05-2012, 03:29 PM
CP3/Bledsoe/Billups/Crawford is still the best backcourt in the NBA. People need to stop crying and being dramatic. Contract is 1-2 years too long but before criticizing let's see how the damn guy plays/fits. He will for the first time ever be playing with two all stars who both command nonstop doubles. I'll bet anybody here that his shooting percentages go up at least 5 percent from deep and the field.

My only complaint is that deal should have been 3 years tops, preferably 2. Obviously the Clippers got strong indications that Allen was signing with Heat or they wouldn't have made this decision and canceled with Allen. Also Lee was never realistic. The reason there is zero buzz about Lee and the Clippers right now for one main reason.

He wants more money than Clippers can offer.

He played with Hortford and Joe Johnson, two All Stars.

No, those two are not better than Griffin and CP3. Buy he played with other talented players in his career. Still didn't stop him from being a chucker, it's not going to stop him now.

I'm sorry, I just don't think this is a good signing. But, that's what the season is for. To wait and see.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Stopped right there.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post another teams backcourt which has two starting caliber PG's and two starting caliber SG's. Before you say Bledsoe can't start remember he started for 25 games in his rookie year and did a good job (besides turnovers).

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 03:31 PM
He played with Hortford and Joe Johnson, two All Stars.

No, those two are not better than Griffin and CP3. Buy he played with other talented players in his career. Still didn't stop him from being a chucker, it's not going to stop him now.

I'm sorry, I just don't think this is a good signing. But, that's what the season is for. To wait and see.

Sorry but not even comparable. I have yet to see JJ or Horford command doubles. Griffin and CP3 get doubled almost every time down the floor. Just wait and you'll see.

AMISTILLILL
07-05-2012, 03:31 PM
If Boston retains Ray Allen, Rondo/Allen/Bradley/Terry is easily the best back court in the NBA.

Boston probably doesn't resign Ray though, so they'll have to settle for second or third. :D

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 03:33 PM
If Boston retains Ray Allen, Rondo/Allen/Bradley/Terry is easily the best back court in the NBA.

Boston probably doesn't resign Ray though, so they'll have to settle for second or third. :D

True.... but outside of Boston with Ray... you'll be hard pressed to find a deeper, more deadly backcourt and that's how it was last season too.

colorz
07-05-2012, 03:34 PM

I thought that was just me :oldlol:

colorz
07-05-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm just kind of mad we didn't give Allen a chance. Unless he said he wasn't coming....

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm just kind of mad we didn't give Allen a chance. Unless he said he wasn't coming....

That's what the speculation is. There is ZERO reason to cancel with Allen unless he told the Clippers he's not interested. I'm pretty sure the Heat impressed him big time today and at least his agent had class to inform the Clippers. This was plan C for the Clippers and Crawford will have a bounce back year next to CP3+Griffin mark my words.

Odom+Crawford being added at the cost of Mo+Young will help a ton. Clippers still have the BAE as well which they will use on a center..

Keelyus
07-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Good riddance J-Cross, have fun destroying LA

Yours truly,

Blazer fan

MichaelCheazley
07-05-2012, 03:43 PM
if they dont keeo young i riot
Arent u from vancouver or bc at least. Hmmm....

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 03:44 PM
BTW guys ESPN+LA Times is reporting 3 year deal, not 4.

Edit: 3 year deal with 4th year team option... not bad.

Raz
07-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Well, they didn't really give him the chance to pick them now did they? :D

You are so wrong. Let's see you bowdown. Ray is Boston bound

HylianNightmare
07-05-2012, 04:47 PM
**** the clippers man

Freedom Kid7
07-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Provided Chauncey doesn't get injured again, I'd imagine the Clippers would end up around the middle of the playoff road (4th or so). Granted, they now have a competent 2 guard so who knows what can happen now. Maybe they can make a deeper playoff run.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Provided Chauncey doesn't get injured again, I'd imagine the Clippers would end up around the middle of the playoff road (4th or so). Granted, they now have a competent 2 guard so who knows what can happen now. Maybe they can make a deeper playoff run.

They finished 1 game behind 3 and you think they will again be below a 3 seed with the improvements and development of our players? Not top mention the chemistry that the team will get from finally having a training camp+summer league. I predict top 3 seed without question. Probably 2 or 3 seed after OKC. I think Spurs drop to 4 seed next year.

33teeth
07-05-2012, 05:33 PM
That's what the speculation is. There is ZERO reason to cancel with Allen unless he told the Clippers he's not interested. I'm pretty sure the Heat impressed him big time today and at least his agent had class to inform the Clippers. This was plan C for the Clippers and Crawford will have a bounce back year next to CP3+Griffin mark my words.

Odom+Crawford being added at the cost of Mo+Young will help a ton. Clippers still have the BAE as well which they will use on a center..

Dude's been in the league 13 years. He is who he is. If he changes, it's only because he's getting older and slower. If you're lucky, he'll decide to chill out, move without the ball and wait for open shots off CP3 passes. Odds of that happening? Near zero.

Shade8780
07-05-2012, 05:33 PM
:dancin Come to Boston Ray Ray

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Dude's been in the league 13 years. He is who he is. If he changes, it's only because he's getting older and slower. If you're lucky, he'll decide to chill out, move without the ball and wait for open shots off CP3 passes. Odds of that happening? Near zero.

:oldlol: have you ever watched or played basketball before? Serious question. You don't see how a guy who's a skill player and only 32 can have a more efficient year when he has a pass first PG slashing, drawing defenses and creating... and a soon to be elite big man kicking out passes out of double and triple teams? Crawford has spent his career having to create his own shot which obviously hurts efficiency. It's an easy paycheck to catch open shots from CP3+Griffin and fire away.

Fiasco
07-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Arent u from vancouver or bc at least. Hmmm....

I'm glad you got the connection.

Only CF would defend this signing lol

martycrane
07-05-2012, 05:42 PM

man i gotta say i dont understand these moves for the clippers. they had a good cap situation and a couple big time superstars it could have been a chance to really make some good moves, instead they go n get lamar odom n jamal crawford n billups? none of those moves gonna make clippers a contender at all, odom sucks now and his only use for the lakers was bein a ball handler big man/point forward cause they didnt have a true pg but chris paul dominate the ball for the clips what good is lamar odom? hes not a pick n roll guy or a spot up shooter, he's very bad iq he got lucky he fit so well on the lakers cause i think in general hes very overrated. billups chucks too much and is old theres no difference between him and randy foye and crawford is just a waste of a contract they already have butler foye bledsoe n now billups n now crawford? they shoulda just had cp3 n ray allen start and then blesoe and foye/butler back them up they dont need all those other low iq/old players.

witout neil olshay there its back to sterling pinching pennies and his personal bean counter andy roeser making crappy moves im not gnona be surprised if chris paul realizes you just cant change the clippers and leaves after next year, for a minute it looked like things could change but eventually you gotta realize its the clippers and its donald sterling, they never gonna be a first class squad.

qrich
07-05-2012, 05:46 PM

They were 19-9 and 2nd in the West when Billups got hurt, iirc. With him healthy, an improved bench (Odom, Hollins alongside improvements by Bledsoe and Thompkins, adding Crawford, hoping Gomes finds his game and the long shot of Leslie improving) andthe starters building chemistry, Blake working with the Dream, chemistry being built, Jordan working to refine his game. Yet, they remain basically the same seed when no other squads have made dramatic changes sans the Lakers.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 05:48 PM
They were 19-9 and 2nd in the West when Billups got hurt, iirc. With him healthy, an improved bench (Odom, Hollins alongside improvements by Bledsoe and Thompkins, adding Crawford, hoping Gomes finds his game and the long shot of Leslie improving) andthe starters building chemistry, Blake working with the Dream, chemistry being built, Jordan working to refine his game. Yet, they remain basically the same seed when no other squads have made dramatic changes sans the Lakers.

ISH logic :applause: .

WillyJakk
07-05-2012, 05:52 PM
25 million for Crawford?:biggums:

My thoughts exactly.

That guy is one of the worst ever, his production has never equaled success imo.

Terrible terrible signing.

Clips shoulda just rocked w/ Billups and went for C Lee or
Mayo.

Anyone but Crawford or Young.

33teeth
07-05-2012, 05:52 PM
:oldlol: have you ever watched or played basketball before? Serious question. You don't see how a guy who's a skill player and only 32 can have a more efficient year when he has a pass first PG slashing, drawing defenses and creating... and a soon to be elite big man kicking out passes out of double and triple teams? Crawford has spent his career having to create his own shot which obviously hurts efficiency. It's an easy paycheck to catch open shots from CP3+Griffin and fire away.

I've been watching basketball since before you crawled out of your Momma's tattered, scab covered loins.

I seriously question Crawford's ability or willingness to play the way you are describing. He "creates shots" when there's not really a shot to create or a reason to create one. I hope he can do it. I don't hate the Clippers and I don't hate Crawford. To your point, he has always played with teams lacking true distributing PG's and many with some chuckers... but he's as guilty as anyone in the league of being a chucker. I just think it's a bad fit and that you're a bit delusional by all buy guaranteeing a "bounce back" year in his 14th season.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 05:56 PM
I've been watching basketball since before you crawled out of your Momma's tattered, scab covered loins.

I seriously question Crawford's ability or willingness to play the way you are describing. He "creates shots" when there's not really a shot to create or a reason to create one. I hope he can do it. I don't hate the Clippers and I don't hate Crawford. To your point, he has always played with teams lacking true distributing PG's and many with some chuckers... but he's as guilty as anyone in the league of being a chucker. I just think it's a bad fit and that you're a bit delusional by all buy guaranteeing a "bounce back" year in his 14th season.

As I'm telling everybody else... how about you just wait and see and stop making assumptions and using them to badmouth what another team did? This is far from the "clearly terrible" signing you guys are making it out to be. It's a C option signing. Not great but definitely solid.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 05:58 PM
@EricPincus: Re: Jamal Crawford and Clippers - He wants to be there. CP3 wants him there. He's happy to take the role starting or off the bench. The team already put in a lot of work to the ball rolling before Courtney Lee became unrestricted.

It's so easy to get cute and pull back on Crawford when you're already basically at a yes - and then chase Lee who may be a better role playing fit - but very decent chance you lose out on both. And Ray was never a lock to LAC

martycrane
07-05-2012, 05:58 PM

:roll: odom and hollins? thomkins? crawford? gomes? leslie? billups?

homes thats a big time list of guys who are washed up, overrated, or lifetime scrubs.

u must be a serious clipper fans if you done convince yourself thats a squad. cp3 and blake got nobody around them. if blake was dwight howard it might be all good but he aint that good. he nice im not rippin blake but come on man. you might as well have cp3 and lamarcus alridge with a team full of scrubs and convince someone its a contender. hell naw

edit bledsoe is a baller too but the clippers got worse man. they coulda got better but their managers are a shit show.

33teeth
07-05-2012, 05:59 PM
As I'm telling everybody else... how about you just wait and see and stop making assumptions and using them to badmouth what another team did? This is far from the "clearly terrible" signing you guys are making it out to be. It's a C option signing. Not great but definitely solid.

Hold on there. You're the one saying he WILL have a bounce back year (as if that would actually be a great thing) and prognosticating that he's going to play unselfish ball and knock down open 3's.

The rest of us are pointing out that YOU should wait and see. Odds are, you're wrong as we have 13 years of data to suggest that is NOT the game Crawford knows how to play.

So. There's that.

WillyJakk
07-05-2012, 06:01 PM

4 years/ $25M for a bad decision making, bad shot taking 32 YEAR OLD SG is the very definition of terrible, no 2 ways around it.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 06:04 PM
4 years/ $25M for a bad decision making, bad shot taking 32 YEAR OLD SG is the very definition of terrible, no 2 ways around it.

It's 3 years/15 mill with a 4th year TEAM option. Very different.

martycrane
07-05-2012, 06:07 PM
You don't think rationally. Any feel-good piece about the Clippers changes your perspective. I would rather have lost out on all 3 guys and brought back the people that make SENSE for this team , aka Nick Young, Reggie Evans, and possibly Kenyon Martin because this team isn't getting past the 1st round with that backcourt.

they definitely shoulda brought back reggie evans i cant believe they didnt, son balled hard for them last year and nick young too was a good fit as he gettin more mature. if you could added ray allen and shard lewis on the cheap then theyd be in business.

:oldlol: odom crawford and billups. clippers just tryin to make it look like theyre tryin, they couldnt put that much thought n effort into the offseason and decided those were good moves. sterling dontgive a shit.

clippers comin off the biggest season inthe franchise and have a worst offseason possible what a damn shame, there fans deserve better but they never gonna get it.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 06:08 PM
I know that we rehired our lame duck coach who is also somehow our general manger now (let's not get in to the fact that this is shades of Dunleavy). I know our coach has no idea what our weaknesses are when he makes statements like "We need more shooters", and then goes and signs Crawford [because remember, we don't have a general manager right now--just 3 guys who are on Sterling's payroll], who shot a wonderful %.384 from the field last year to a 4 year contract that ends when he's 36.

He is an taller, less effecient Mo Williams that plays no defense. We used our MLE on him instead of someone like Courtney Lee, who answers 2/3 of our weaknesses at wing. Let's not forget the fact that Nick Young was discarded for nothing in all of this.

I do blame CP3. He's practically setting the steps up for him to leave next year, leaving us with an aging core and Blake Griffin, who can already see where this miserable franchise is headed.

You don't think rationally. Any feel-good piece about the Clippers changes your perspective. I would rather have lost out on all 3 guys and brought back the people that make SENSE for this team , aka Nick Young, Reggie Evans, and possibly Kenyon Martin because this team isn't getting past the 1st round with that backcourt.

That Hoopsworld article came our 2 hours after I've been trying to get people to chill out so has nothing to do with me being swayed by this. Nick Young wasn't an option. Clippers 4.3 mill a year wasn't enough for him despite being the hometown team apparently because all reports have said he wants more than that.

I just don't see why rather than blame the players, you automatically target the front office without knowing the story :confusedshrug: . I'm all for saying they blew it when it comes to coaching/GM decisions but with players it's far more complicated. If Lee let the Clippers know he wanted to be here like Crawford did... he would be here. Reports have him wanting more than Clippers could afford.

Allen as I said was a player the Clippers have tried to trade for TWICE in the last two seasons and obviously covet him. If the Clippers felt they still had a chance at him I highly doubt they ink Crawford and cancel with Ray. I'll bet anything that it comes out in next couple days that Allen turned Clippers down and you'll feel guilty for jumping the gun on the front office.

Crawford was a C option and given the circumstances I have nothing to complain about. Crawford+healthy Billups>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Foye and Young PERIOD. Our guard rotation should be stronger this year with the emergence of Bledsoe as well. Then you factor in all the stuff Qrich mentioned and there is nothing to be this upset about.

I'm not celebrating this signing but I'm slightly above neutral on it. It's SOLID not GOOD or GREAT.

WillyJakk
07-05-2012, 06:11 PM
It's 3 years/15 mill with a 4th year TEAM option. Very different.

$5M per for 3 seasons which would make him 34 going into yr 3 for a guy who takes the term shooting guard far too literally is still bad.

He is what he is, not gonna change.

Guys woulda been better off going for a younger guy who still could be molded by a Chauncey Billups or Chris Paul for what the Clips need.

Jamal is just gonna be a shooter, that's all, you guys need a decent shooter but excellent defender on the perimeter to go along w/ Bledsoe.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 06:13 PM
$5M per for 3 seasons which would make him 34 going into yr 3 for a guy who takes the term shooting guard far too literally is still bad.

He is what he is, not gonna change.

Guys woulda been better off going for a younger guy who still could be molded by a Chauncey Billups or Chris Paul for what the Clips need.

Jamal is just gonna be a shooter, that's all, you guys need a decent shooter but excellent defender on the perimeter to go along w/ Bledsoe.

So which ones were available that were affordable and wanted to go to the Clippers. Just tell me one :confusedshrug:. You expect a franchise just learning to stand to pull things out of their ass when no other team in the NBA could do it in this situation either?

Draz
07-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Billiups over Allen? Loool wow

WillyJakk
07-05-2012, 06:26 PM
So which ones were available that were affordable and wanted to go to the Clippers. Just tell me one :confusedshrug:. You expect a franchise just learning to stand to pull things out of their ass when no other team in the NBA could do it in this situation either?

Dude I'm not even a Clippers fan and know Nick Young (bad choice), OJ Mayo (decent), Courtney Lee (nice fit), JR Smith (Knicks likely decent fit), Kirk Hinrich (plays both G positions, really nice fit), Ray Allen (Celtics or Heat likely GREAT FIT), and Jamal Crawford were all available and you guys chose Crawford.

Jamal Crawford for 4yrs/ $25M :facepalm

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Dude I'm not even a Clippers fan and know Nick Young (bad choice), OJ Mayo (decent), Courtney Lee (nice fit), JR Smith (Knicks likely decent fit), Kirk Hinrich (plays both G positions, really nice fit), Ray Allen (Celtics or Heat likely GREAT FIT), and Jamal Crawford were all available and you guys chose Crawford.

Again.... you're wrong bud. NOT A SINGLE player you listed.. showed a desire to come here that we know of. Allen did supposedly but apparently that fell through. So all you're doing is speculating on what they should have done and criticizing them without facts. The only better players than Crawford you mentioned are Allen, Lee and Mayo.

qrich
07-05-2012, 06:37 PM
:roll: odom and hollins? thomkins? crawford? gomes? leslie? billups?

homes thats a big time list of guys who are washed up, overrated, or lifetime scrubs.

u must be a serious clipper fans if you done convince yourself thats a squad. cp3 and blake got nobody around them. if blake was dwight howard it might be all good but he aint that good. he nice im not rippin blake but come on man. you might as well have cp3 and lamarcus alridge with a team full of scrubs and convince someone its a contender. hell naw

edit bledsoe is a baller too but the clippers got worse man. they coulda got better but their managers are a shit show.

compare that bench to mo williams, bledsoe, martin, gomes, evans, rook leslie, rook thompkins an tell me it isnt a superior unit.

WillyJakk
07-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Again.... you're wrong bud. NOT A SINGLE player you listed.. showed a desire to come here that we know of. Allen did supposedly but apparently that fell through. So all you're doing is speculating on what they should have done and criticizing them without facts. The only better players than Crawford you mentioned are Allen, Lee and Mayo.

OK, now flip that.

Did the team show a desire to want any of those other players listed or did they just say "Hey, we can't get Ray cause he may go to MIA or stay in BOS so let's just bring back Chauncey and get Crawford to replace Williams"?

That's about what it looks like to me.

Kirk Hinrich for instance isn't being linked to ANY teams right now and all the dude does is exactly what you guys SHOULD need and he wasn't even a thought for the Clips.

Shall we really continue this song and dance?

Levity
07-05-2012, 06:46 PM

im sure oj would have taken 4 years / $24 mil. but maybe he didnt want to play with the clips after the play offs, or maybe the clips mgmt made a hasty decision and didnt even reach out to oj.

Maniak
07-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Still won't win a ring :D

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 06:48 PM
im sure oj would have taken 4 years / $24 mil. but maybe he didnt want to play with the clips after the play offs, or maybe the clips mgmt made a hasty decision and didnt even reach out to oj.

Mayo's made some negative comments about the Clippers... and doesn't seem to like our team. I'm going to guess it's more his choice rather than the Clippers having zero interest.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 06:52 PM
OK, now flip that.

Did the team show a desire to want any of those other players listed or did they just say "Hey, we can't get Ray cause he may go to MIA or stay in BOS so let's just bring back Chauncey and get Crawford to replace Williams"?

That's about what it looks like to me.

Kirk Hinrich for instance isn't being linked to ANY teams right now and all the dude does is exactly what you guys SHOULD need and he wasn't even a thought for the Clips.

Shall we really continue this song and dance?

I'm really sorry but Hinrich is a terrible fit as a starting SG. He just put up 6.6 ppg last year and is 31 years old himself. He's NOT exactly what the team needs so there goes that theory. Give me the proven 14+ ppg scorer over the 6 ppg scorer who's the same age and is even smaller. Sure he's a scrappier defender and a little more efficient but he's a worse player. He gets ZERO minutes at PG with Bledsoe+CP3 unless they get injured.

As I said.. given the fact that the Clippers have tried to trade for Allen twice, scheduled a meeting this week and covet him so much in general I highly doubt it was some spur of the moment panic decision. I'm willing to bet that Allen or his agent pulled out with the Clippers. As I said I expect more details this week.

BlackVVaves
07-05-2012, 06:58 PM
I know that we rehired our lame duck coach who is also somehow our general manger now (let's not get in to the fact that this is shades of Dunleavy). I know our coach has no idea what our weaknesses are when he makes statements like "We need more shooters", and then goes and signs Crawford [because remember, we don't have a general manager right now--just 3 guys who are on Sterling's payroll], who shot a wonderful %.384 from the field last year to a 4 year contract that ends when he's 36.

He is an taller, less effecient Mo Williams that plays no defense. We used our MLE on him instead of someone like Courtney Lee, who answers 2/3 of our weaknesses at wing. Let's not forget the fact that Nick Young was discarded for nothing in all of this.

I do blame CP3. He's practically setting the steps up for him to leave next year, leaving us with an aging core and Blake Griffin, who can already see where this miserable franchise is headed.

Yikes. Never seen you this pissed off Fiasco :eek:

I agree with your sentiments though. Clippers not only brought back an incompetent coach when the likes of Jerry Sloan and Stan Van Gundys were out there just waiting for calls, then they allow him to be the new acting GM.

Leading to the trading of Mo for Odom, then signing a less efficient version of Mo who doesn't understand the term "defense."

I don't know. It very well may work out, and if it does :applause:

But it does seem like better moves could have been made. The big "IF" surrounding Odom particularly is pretty resounding. Like you said, I'd rather have brought back the guys that just finished a pretty good run together.

qrich
07-05-2012, 07:04 PM
This signing doesnt mean young is gone for sure, i havent seen him in real heavy discussions with any team and the clips can still offer him 4.6 mil annually. If not retain Young, they can use him in a s&t and get a tpe or another piece in return, which Id be just as fine with. People can dislike Crawful and all that, which I also do, but with CP wanting him to be here along with him, like Lamar, wanting to be a Clipper, i see him doing all he can to help the side out. i wouldve preferred lee, allen, sushi but no point in crying over spoiled milk.

hope james singleton is next too

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 07:16 PM
This signing doesnt mean young is gone for sure, i havent seen him in real heavy discussions with any team and the clips can still offer him 4.6 mil annually. If not retain Young, they can use him in a s&t and get a tpe or another piece in return, which Id be just as fine with. People can dislike Crawful and all that, which I also do, but with CP wanting him to be here along with him, like Lamar, wanting to be a Clipper, i see him doing all he can to help the side out. i wouldve preferred lee, allen, sushi but no point in crying over spoiled milk.

hope james singleton is next too

:cheers: :applause:

devin112
07-05-2012, 07:33 PM

Celtics and Rockets own Allen's and Lee's bird rights, they can sign them more then the 5 the Clippers are offering. So money wise, Clippers don't stand a great chance. If Allen's going to chase championships then he'll go to the heats.

martycrane
07-05-2012, 08:03 PM
compare that bench to mo williams, bledsoe, martin, gomes, evans, rook leslie, rook thompkins an tell me it isnt a superior unit.

man if i remember mo will was in te runnin for 6 man of the yr wit harden til he was hurt, ken martin and evans were really big for the clippers in the playoffs. Odom n crawford are low iq players comin from there worst career yrs and chaunce was old n slow alrdy before he tore his akilees. Who cares bout whoever leslie and tomkins are, they are scrubs that play garbage mins.

they shoulda kept mo and let big shot go, keep evans n martin n young, pushed hard to add allen n shard, theyd be back wit more continuaty n resolve n better shooting. Instead they ditch mo wil, young, martin, evans and sign billups, odom and crawford. Two dummies wit no heart and a geriatric. same ol clippers b

UtahJazzFan88
07-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Crawford doesn't help the Clippers one bit. Might as well have given Nick Young that money.

Billups was a nice resign though.

Fiasco
07-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Crawford's clutch stats in 11-12: Last 10 secs, 1poss: 1-for-6, 1 TO; Last 30 secs, 1poss: 2-for-7, 1 TO; Last Min +/1 5pts: 7-for-19, 2 TOs

https://twitter.com/kevinarnovitz/status/221039228149182465

good bye that stupid theory

ODEN>DURANT
07-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Crawford is one of the worst guys to have on your team in the league. I was happy when the Blazers signed him last season, but he turned out to be much worse than what I thought he is. Guy thinks he is prime Kobe.

raprap
07-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Young Sushi deserves that money. :coleman:

Will Billups be a starter though? He should just come off the bench. They will never contend with a 6'3 sg.

Al Thornton
07-05-2012, 10:55 PM
man if i remember mo will was in te runnin for 6 man of the yr wit harden til he was hurt, ken martin and evans were really big for the clippers in the playoffs. Odom n crawford are low iq players comin from there worst career yrs and chaunce was old n slow alrdy before he tore his akilees. Who cares bout whoever leslie and tomkins are, they are scrubs that play garbage mins.

they shoulda kept mo and let big shot go, keep evans n martin n young, pushed hard to add allen n shard, theyd be back wit more continuaty n resolve n better shooting. Instead they ditch mo wil, young, martin, evans and sign billups, odom and crawford. Two dummies wit no heart and a geriatric. same ol clippers b

he was never in the running, harrington was the only one close for any time, but harden was still way ahead of him. clippers played their best post billups basketball while mo williams was injured. i don't know if crawford can play much better defense but at least he has some decent height. having a big man who can score and create plays will be really nice. that trade was definitely good for this team.

if they end up keeping young then this offseason will be a success. allen would have been better than crawford, but it seems he doesn't want to play here.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Thornton is right and people need to realize the Clippers still have the means to retain Young and if they do.. there isn't a more loaded squad from top to bottom in the NBA. Clippers bench would run many starting units off the floor.

Bledsoe
Crawford
Young
Odom
Hollins

Clippersfan86
07-05-2012, 11:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDRUP8Pzf6U

I think his clutch shooting, ability to get to the line where he's been the best in the NBA at hitting them, his ability to create shots are going to help more than people think. Good luck trapping CP3 now. All teams had to do to guard Foye was rotate out on his shots. With Crawford he can break you down and get to the rim or get to the pull up jumper at will.

bluechox2
07-05-2012, 11:48 PM
they already had nick young... probably wants more veteran help

is nick young gone?

sacredcow
07-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Crawford will dribble for 20 seconds and then penetrate, forcing up a bad shot most nights.

martycrane
07-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Thornton is right and people need to realize the Clippers still have the means to retain Young and if they do.. there isn't a more loaded squad from top to bottom in the NBA. Clippers bench would run many starting units off the floor.

Bledsoe
Crawford
Young
Odom
Hollins

right now if you look at the forum this is the time of year when everyone thinks its their teams year. everyone thinks their teams roster is on paper the best there is, time will tell but when the season happens many teams will either suck or underperform.

the only ppl who thinkthese moves are good inthis thread are clippers fans. everyone else who is unbias thinks they comlpetely dropped the ball. i guess the avg fan just isnt reasonable when it comes to his own fav team, just the way sports is i guess. but this was a shitty offseason for the clippers. sorry.

Ol Dirty Bastard
07-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Dont like this signing at all. Talking about Crawford.

If they keep Nick Young then I'll feel better but Jamal Crawford?!
Isnt dude 32, 33 years old? WTF?

EoJ
07-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Good riddance. Jamal is a negative to any team.

Al Thornton
07-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Good riddance. Jamal is a negative to any team.

this the ideal situation for him, when he is the best guard on a team like he was in portland, things are obviously gonna be really shitty.

WillyJakk
07-06-2012, 12:50 AM
I'm really sorry but Hinrich is a terrible fit as a starting SG. He just put up 6.6 ppg last year and is 31 years old himself. He's NOT exactly what the team needs so there goes that theory. Give me the proven 14+ ppg scorer over the 6 ppg scorer who's the same age and is even smaller. Sure he's a scrappier defender and a little more efficient but he's a worse player. He gets ZERO minutes at PG with Bledsoe+CP3 unless they get injured.

As I said.. given the fact that the Clippers have tried to trade for Allen twice, scheduled a meeting this week and covet him so much in general I highly doubt it was some spur of the moment panic decision. I'm willing to bet that Allen or his agent pulled out with the Clippers. As I said I expect more details this week.

Billups as the Clips starting guard was amazing for you guys so how the heck do you think Kirk (in theory) would come in and start?

He's been the very definition of what a team guy is, he'll come off the bench, play D, guard opposing 2's (and 1's) and will actually run the offense instead of what Jamal will do "Fire Away!"

I guess the music is still playing in our little song and dance, shall we continue?

Clippersfan86
07-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Billups as the Clips starting guard was amazing for you guys so how the heck do you think Kirk (in theory) would come in and start?

He's been the very definition of what a team guy is, he'll come off the bench, play D, guard opposing 2's (and 1's) and will actually run the offense instead of what Jamal will do "Fire Away!"

I guess the music is still playing in our little song and dance, shall we continue?

Sure.. continue telling me why a 6 ppg PG would be a great starting SG. He doesn't have the intangibles of Billups not the scoring ability. Not to mention Billups is a big 220 pound guard who won't get muscled around like Hinrich.

Clippersfan86
07-06-2012, 01:19 AM
this the ideal situation for him, when he is the best guard on a team like he was in portland, things are obviously gonna be really shitty.

Don't forget they were playing the guy at PG a lot. If a team is decimated and he's forced to try to be THE man obviously it's going to hurt a guy more suitable to be a 3rd or 4th option. Bounce back year will happen, mark my words. People talk shit about every player the Clippers get yet if any other team gets these players it's "OMG they are going to be dangerous!". Last year people badmouthed the Clippers signings of Evans, Kmart, Billups, Butler and the trade for Young and all 5 players had huge moments and contributed greatly at different points in the season.

WillyJakk
07-06-2012, 01:37 AM
Sure.. continue telling me why a 6 ppg PG would be a great starting SG. He doesn't have the intangibles of Billups not the scoring ability. Not to mention Billups is a big 220 pound guard who won't get muscled around like Hinrich.

I can tell reading comprehension is not a strong point for you considering your response to my last post.

"Who the eff said Kirk Hinrich would start over Billups?"

:biggums:

spiegel
07-06-2012, 01:41 AM
Crawford is'nt that bad, but 6.25 million a year is seriously overpaying him.

Clippersfan86
07-06-2012, 01:51 AM
I can tell reading comprehension is not a strong point for you considering your response to my last post.

"Who the eff said Kirk Hinrich would start over Billups?"

:biggums:

Okay even worse. You're saying as a bench scorer and backup two Hinrich is a better option than Crawford. I'm done arguing with you man :oldlol: .

Clippersfan86
07-06-2012, 01:53 AM
Crawford is'nt that bad, but 6.25 million a year is seriously overpaying him.

Okay... his final two years I heard tonight in a podcast aren't even guaranteed. It's two years guaranteed, 3rd year and 4th year the pay is based on incentives and not guaranteed. More we find out, better this deal sounds. He has to really perform excellent to even get the full contract.

qrich
07-06-2012, 01:55 AM
id take quinton ross, fred jones, chris douglas-roberts, carlos delfino, patty mills, cj miles, guillermo diaz, quentin richardson, jason richardson, ronnie price, cuttino mobley, jason hart, rick brunson, yuta tabuse, doug overton, mike taylor, richie frahm, etc. all over kirk hinrich starting at shooting guard. i dont understand the capt kirk infatuation personally and gimme craw over him.

i do hope clips can keep sushi, if not him, bringing in ross or delfino would be just as amazing, mainly delfino. goms, 2nd, sofo for delfino.

Clippersfan86
07-06-2012, 02:03 AM
Funny thing is people keep saying how good of a 3 point shooter Randy Foye was last year starting at 2... and how Crawford will drop off but look at Foye's averages. Prior to last year where he was lights out he shot 33 percent over two seasons (though before that he was better). Then CP3 gets added to the team and that percentage jumps to a great 38.5 percent. As I said CP3's penetration is obviously going to improve Crawford's shooting big time, not to mention the doubles Blake gets.

I expect 42-43 percent from the field and 36+ percent from deep this year from Crawford because it's going to be a shooting drill for him.

WillyJakk
07-06-2012, 02:48 AM
I can't wait for Jamal Crawford to jack up and brick what he thinks are good shots and watch the Clippers slowly lose every single lead that the starters will work so hard to get, then as his sub goes to the scorers table, Crawford will hit a 3 to give the Clippers the lead again as he tricks you guys giving you the false impression that him making that game leading 3 actually made an impact on the game, therefore justifying the signing of a 32 yr old chucking idiot.

Maybe he'll at least do that behind the back crossover that'll lead to a Blake dunk getting you guys to believe he can also be a playmaker.

:coleman:

qrich
07-06-2012, 02:59 AM
[QUOTE]

Clippersfan86
07-06-2012, 03:01 AM
I can't wait for Jamal Crawford to jack up and brick what he thinks are good shots and watch the Clippers slowly lose every single lead that the starters will work so hard to get, then as his sub goes to the scorers table, Crawford will hit a 3 to give the Clippers the lead again as he tricks you guys giving you the false impression that him making that game leading 3 actually made an impact on the game, therefore justifying the signing of a 32 yr old chucking idiot.

Maybe he'll at least do that behind the back crossover that'll lead to a Blake dunk getting you guys to believe he can also be a playmaker.

:coleman:

The fact that Magic fans are taking shots at the Clippers decisions right now is downright funny.

WillyJakk
07-06-2012, 03:19 AM
The fact that Magic fans are taking shots at the Clippers decisions right now is downright funny.

I'm an equal opportunist, if you read some of the sh*t I talk about our incompetent FO (at least former FO and dumbass coach) you'd see that.

I'm keeping it real and you know it.

You yourself know deep down Crawford is a sh*tty player and you'd rather have Young but you're looking at it wrong cause you wanna be all bright eyed and bushy tailed about your team.

You fell into the "Crawford replacing Mo Williams" trap just like Sterling wants you fans to do.

Hopefully that contract is on some Mission Impossible sh*t and self destructs as soon as Crawford signs it so you guys can get outta that agreement.

Clippersfan86
07-06-2012, 03:29 AM
I'm an equal opportunist, if you read some of the sh*t I talk about our incompetent FO (at least former FO and dumbass coach) you'd see that.

I'm keeping it real and you know it.

You yourself know deep down Crawford is a sh*tty player and you'd rather have Young but you're looking at it wrong cause you wanna be all bright eyed and bushy tailed about your team.

You fell into the "Crawford replacing Mo Williams" trap just like Sterling wants you fans to do.

Hopefully that contract is on some Mission Impossible sh*t and self destructs as soon as Crawford signs it so you guys can get outta that agreement.

Shitty players win 6th man of the year two years ago? Shitty players average over 17 ppg over the last 8 years? How about you stick to facts and don't worry about other teams. I'm all for saying he can be trigger happy and is not efficient etc.. but when you start labeling players as shitty and bashing a front office when you have no clue what's happening behind closed doors, you're out of line. Even if you were a Clippers fan I'd tell you the same thing.

Canelo_Griffin
07-06-2012, 03:30 AM
id take quinton ross, fred jones, chris douglas-roberts, carlos delfino, patty mills, cj miles, guillermo diaz, quentin richardson, jason richardson, ronnie price, cuttino mobley, jason hart, rick brunson, yuta tabuse, doug overton, mike taylor, richie frahm, etc. all over kirk hinrich starting at shooting guard. i dont understand the capt kirk infatuation personally and gimme craw over him.

i do hope clips can keep sushi, if not him, bringing in ross or delfino would be just as amazing, mainly delfino. goms, 2nd, sofo for delfino.

:applause:

WillyJakk
07-06-2012, 03:38 AM
Shitty players win 6th man of the year two years ago? Shitty players average over 17 ppg over the last 8 years? How about you stick to facts and don't worry about other teams. I'm all for saying he can be trigger happy and is not efficient etc.. but when you start labeling players as shitty and bashing a front office when you have no clue what's happening behind closed doors, you're out of line. Even if you were a Clippers fan I'd tell you the same thing.

Last point I'll make is this:

Jamal Crawford, good individual player, sh*tty team player.

We'll agree to disagree cause at the end of the day he's officially on your team and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Clippersfan86
07-06-2012, 03:41 AM

We'll agree to disagree cause at the end of the day he's officially on your team and there's nothing that can be done about it.

I just don't see the point of bashing before I see it. People said Young was a selfish, low IQ chucker who didn't play D and I didn't see that at all. He was a team first guy, very willing to pass and take a backseat to our starts and played very solid defense with the Clippers. I don't let reputation stop me from giving every Clippers player a fair shot.

blablabla
07-06-2012, 03:49 AM
4 years 25 million for jamal crawford:oldlol:
could've had oj or lee for that money

qrich
07-06-2012, 03:50 AM

Is that not the same thing that was and is said about Nick Young? Yet, it would have been so much better to keep him for what reason exactly?

Oh, and by the way, Crawford has the exact opposite approach as I already posted:

“The team that signs me this next season is getting a team-first guy, a good locker room guy, a competitor,” Crawford said via email. “Someone who will do whatever it takes, and can get you 17 to 20 points a game whether starting or coming off the bench.”

Its 3/15, year 4 is a full team option. Rest of the amount is nothing but incentives. Year 3 is partially guaranteed.

Clippersfan86
07-06-2012, 03:50 AM

Last two years are incentive based, team options.

senelcoolidge
07-06-2012, 05:12 AM
4th quarters facing CP3, Billups, Griffin, Odom, and Crawford will be scary for opposing teams. All of these guys can make big time plays when it counts.

Clippersfan86
07-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Exactly what I thought. Young bailed for more money. 6 mill, Clippers couldn't even come close. He's taking a 1 year deal so he can yet again test market for 3rd year in a row and get a longer deal. If his heart was truly in LA would he have taken a 1.5 million price cut total?

Rnbizzle
07-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Yeah Ray Allen is definitely going to South Beach now, with the Jet in Boston taking up his minutes.

unbreakable
07-06-2012, 05:04 PM
:sleeping

chauncey hurts the clips more than he helps them... less touches and control for chris paul..

1st round exit.

Al Thornton
07-06-2012, 07:22 PM

chauncey hurts the clips more than he helps them... less touches and control for chris paul..

1st round exit.

u definitely did not watch the billups clippers at all last season.

Darius
07-07-2012, 12:09 AM
hate this signing of crawford.

can't understand why when they could have went after ray ray or courtney lee.

Clippersfan86
07-07-2012, 12:10 AM
hate this signing of crawford.

can't understand why when they could have went after ray ray or courtney lee.

Ralph Lawler: Now we know why Clippers cancelled Ray Allen visit and jumped at chance to sign Jamal Crawford. (4 yrs-2 fully guaranteed).

As I said... Clippers were obviously told by Allen or his agent that he was signing with Miami or they wouldn't have suddenly withdrawn. It doesn't even make sense otherwise. Of course though people prefer to just say "Same Ol Clippers" or bag on the front office before knowing the story.

Darius
07-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Ralph Lawler: Now we know why Clippers cancelled Ray Allen visit and jumped at chance to sign Jamal Crawford. (4 yrs-2 fully guaranteed).

As I said... Clippers were obviously told by Allen or his agent that he was signing with Miami or they wouldn't have suddenly withdrawn. It doesn't even make sense otherwise. Of course though people prefer to just say "Same Ol Clippers" or bag on the front office before knowing the story.

We dont have an experienced GM in the front office right now.

Crawfords Agent may very well have played hard ball and said "sign my guy by Thurs or he's gone", knowing the Clips were meeting with Ray Allen Friday.

Roeser might have crumbled under the pressure.

Clippersfan86
07-07-2012, 12:44 AM

Crawfords Agent may very well have played hard ball and said "sign my guy by Thurs or he's gone", knowing the Clips were meeting with Ray Allen Friday.

Sure but based on what we know of how free agency usually works.. a team that has a decent shot at a very good player doesn't suddenly drop off followed by that player signing with another team the very next day unless they knew he was gone. That's more logical than your scenario honestly.

BTW Crawford WANTED to be here bad and many have verified that. With Ray's pride and championship proven pedigree I doubt he would have been as happy to be a CLIPPER which is important long term. We want guys who WANT to be here badly rather than settle.

Tonight Jamal had this to say.

"Whats it like to be a Clipper?": Surreal..can't even lie to u..could be special for us!

Let's give this guy a chance before we piss on him. If he fu**s up I'll bag on him too but I'm giving him a shot.

qrich
07-07-2012, 01:55 AM

Roeser crumbles under every situation. I hate the guy more than Sterling. He's been the President of Basketball Operations for ages and, in my opinion, is equally responsible for the Clippers being atrocious.

I've already stated my opinion on this move and will keep it the same.

Clippersfan86
07-07-2012, 02:39 AM
2 years guaranteed, last two years team options is a very good deal on the Clippers part and I'm sorry but anybody who criticizes it blindly is an idiot, Clippers fan or not. People were crying about a 4 year deal and just as I expected it was a case of people falsely expecting the worst.

This is why you don't bash something before you know what it is. Nobody of Crawford's caliber was coming for 2 years guaranteed. Lee is unavailable obviously (involved in ZERO rumors, may even stay with Rockets). Allen was blown away by Miami and Clippers knew that chase was over. Clippers got the next best thing.

TeamLAC
07-07-2012, 03:08 AM

1st round exit.
Whew I almost took this post seriously. That was a close one. :no:

senelcoolidge
07-07-2012, 05:34 AM
Now that you think about it, it was not a horrible signing. It's only 2 guaranteed years. Paul wanted Crawford. Crawford is an upgrade over Nick Young. Better shooter, better passer, gets to the line more..etc. It's not as horrible as it seems. If only the Clippers had a more defensive minded coach. They still need to get a back up big..I heard they may sign Hollins ( a stiff ). Why not go for a big that can bang inside a little, like an Aaron Gray. They also need a back up 3.

DKLaker
07-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Very good signings by the Clippers....unlike the very dumb Odom deal.

Clippersfan86
07-07-2012, 01:25 PM
@LarryCoon as I understand Clippers made aware they were lower on priority list re: Ray (Allen)

Looks like I knew what I was talking about. Damn it feels good. Truth hurts some people. For once... just once maybe the Clippers weren't to blame? The most entertaining part to me is in general anything the Clippers do sucks or is overrated but if another team signs Jamal Crawford and trades for Odom they would be getting endless praise.

Clippersfan86
07-08-2012, 12:23 PM
J Crawford interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rkC-IKL7LU&feature=youtu.be&a

LA_Showtime
07-08-2012, 12:25 PM
@LarryCoon as I understand Clippers made aware they were lower on priority list re: Ray (Allen)

Looks like I knew what I was talking about. Damn it feels good. Truth hurts some people. For once... just once maybe the Clippers weren't to blame? The most entertaining part to me is in general anything the Clippers do sucks or is overrated but if another team signs Jamal Crawford and trades for Odom they would be getting endless praise.

I wouldn't expect much out of Odom. I love the guy but he's been declining for the past 2-3 years now--yes, even though he won Sixth Man of the Year two years ago--and it wouldn't surprise me if he only played marginally better than he did last season. It's not that he isn't talented, he is, but he's not a good fit on the Clippers.

Fiasco
07-08-2012, 12:30 PM

So the Clippers had no faith in their ability to sell Allen on the team? I'm thoroughly shocked, even though we still don't have a manager. You're missing the point entirely.

I wonder why they decided to bail and go with the low efficiency chucker.

A washed-up Odom and aging Crawford is not a good off-season, I'm sorry.

Clippersfan86
07-08-2012, 12:32 PM
So the Clippers had no faith in their ability to sell Allen on the team? I'm thoroughly shocked, even though we still don't have a manager. You're missing the point entirely.

I wonder why they decided to bail and go with the low efficiency chucker.

A washed-up Odom and aging Crawford is not a good off-season, I'm sorry.

Time will tell. Team now pursuing Camby. As it is.. I feel we've improved and adding Camby= finals aspirations. Deepest team in NBA if you have a BENCH of Bledsoe, Crawford, Odom and Camby. Hell that's a solid STARTING line up.

bluechox2
07-08-2012, 12:59 PM
crawford doesnt like sharing this thread with billups

1~Gibson~1
07-08-2012, 06:49 PM
LA Clippers 2013 CHAMPS!

Suckafree
07-08-2012, 07:12 PM
J Crawford interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rkC-IKL7LU&feature=youtu.be&a

Guy seems like he has a really good attitude towards the whole situation. His stint with the Hawks showed how productive he can be in a winning enviroment. Lamar/Crawford/Bledsoe is a really solid starting point for this clippers bench. Another 6'10 + big that can bang would really sure that bench up though. But there really isn't anybody on the market, someone like Robin lopez would be nice but i'd imagine he would be rather expensive.

Is K-mart still signed on for this year?

Clippersfan86
07-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Guy seems like he has a really good attitude towards the whole situation. His stint with the Hawks showed how productive he can be in a winning enviroment. Lamar/Crawford/Bledsoe is a really solid starting point for this clippers bench. Another 6'10 + big that can bang would really sure that bench up though. But there really isn't anybody on the market, someone like Robin lopez would be nice but i'd imagine he would be rather expensive.

Is K-mart still signed on for this year?

Kmart is gone. They are going after Camby or Ryan Hollins for a backup center. They have the 2 mill bi annual exception to use and they are completely tapped out cap wise.

Darius
07-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Kmart is gone. They are going after Camby or Ryan Hollins for a backup center. They have the 2 mill bi annual exception to use and they are completely tapped out cap wise.

lol @ camby or hollins.

That's like I'm having Filet Mignon or Hamburger for dinner.

Clippersfan86
07-08-2012, 11:39 PM
lol @ camby or hollins.

That's like I'm having Filet Mignon or Hamburger for dinner.

:oldlol: I feel you but Camby is a long shot probably because Clippers are getting involved a couple days late and it seems like Houston+Camby want to go S&T route. They will likely ask for Bledsoe. If they will take expiring Gomes though? GET ER DONE!!! :oldlol:

Ol Dirty Bastard
07-08-2012, 11:47 PM
From that interview with Crawford, it seems like he seems humble about the whole situation of being a clipper. Good sign of things to come?
I sure hope so.

Now to get a damn center....

Clippersfan86
07-08-2012, 11:58 PM
From that interview with Crawford, it seems like he seems humble about the whole situation of being a clipper. Good sign of things to come?
I sure hope so.

More importantly he understood the make up of the team and was shooting off the roles of other players. So it sounds like he knew where exactly he can fit and is willing to do anything to help team... including coming off bench. He's always been considered a humble, team first guy though off the court. His playstyle doesn't match that so people are quick to assume he's a selfish ass.

qrich
07-09-2012, 12:06 AM
I sure hope so.

Plus Paul wanted Crawford, need to keep him happy.

Clippers can offer Camby the BAE, or the Aminu TPE in a S&T. It was also reported that the Rockets like Foye, so maybe some sort of double sign and trade could go down?

Clippersfan86
07-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Plus Paul wanted Crawford, need to keep him happy.

Clippers can offer Camby the BAE, or the Aminu TPE in a S&T. It was also reported that the Rockets like Foye, so maybe some sort of double sign and trade could go down?

Mind blown... :eek: :eek: . Doubt ST.

G-train
07-09-2012, 12:35 AM
I don't understand what the Clippers are doing, they seem desperate to me and like they don't have a plan.

Crawford/Butler/Billups/Odom will decline this season some more.
Jordan shouldn't have been matched.

I honestly foresee Paul leaving after this season, then Griffin after that.

I don't want to type that as I feel for the Clippers fans, but blame Sterling probably as he is the common denominator.

Clippersfan86
07-09-2012, 12:59 AM
I don't understand what the Clippers are doing, they seem desperate to me and like they don't have a plan.

I don't want to type that as I feel for the Clippers fans, but blame Sterling probably as he is the common denominator.

Griffin will have his chance when he's 29 because he's already agreed to terms for the 5 year extension which doesn't include this upcoming season of his rookie deal. So your prediction from last year has been proven wrong of course :facepalm . As for Paul... HE is the one who pushed the front office to get Crawford the most. If he bails because of that decision than I don't want his ass here anyways :no: .

Nevermind the fact that he had his choice of SF's last offseason and told Neil to go after Butler. Then he also told the Clippers NOT to trade Bledsoe in the trade for him. THEN he told the Clippers to match DJ. Basically the roster as constructed are a creation of CP3's recent choices. If you think giving him what he asks for will make him leave then he's surely not like any other star in the NBA.

colorz
07-09-2012, 01:16 AM

CP3 wanted Crawford, Butler and wanted us to bring back Billups.

He also wanted to play with DJ because he thought he was a lot like Chandler, so we matched the offer, not to mention he's Blake Griffin's best friend.

Blake also already agreed to the 5 year extension and I really can't see him leaving.

The FO has done everything to keep CP3 happy. We'll be able to offer him more money and an extra year next summer I believe, but if he leaves than there's nothing they can do about it. :confusedshrug:

Ol Dirty Bastard
07-09-2012, 01:18 AM
I can't see this squad declining too much.
Butler went through a horrible stretch during Feb & March but made up for it in the closing weeks of the season and by playing with an injury in the playoffs.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Can't really say what type of play LA will get from Odom but I can't believe it will be anything like his time in Dallas.

Really the only concern I have is the lack of a center and solid #2-#3.
Butler at the 3 but who can back him up? Crawford? Gomes?:no:

DeAndre is also a huge disappointment. Watching him versus the Spurs was awful. And versus Memphis he had no role at all other than jumping for the tip off.

G-train
07-09-2012, 01:25 AM
Griffin will have his chance when he's 29 because he's already agreed to terms for the 5 year extension which doesn't include this upcoming season of his rookie deal. So your prediction from last year has been proven wrong of course :facepalm . As for Paul... HE is the one who pushed the front office to get Crawford the most. If he bails because of that decision than I don't want his ass here anyways :no: .

Nevermind the fact that he had his choice of SF's last offseason and told Neil to go after Butler. Then he also told the Clippers NOT to trade Bledsoe in the trade for him. THEN he told the Clippers to match DJ. Basically the roster as constructed are a creation of CP3's recent choices. If you think giving him what he asks for will make him leave then he's surely not like any other star in the NBA.

Griffin hasn't signed anything.
And if he does on July 11th, that doesnt mean he wont demand a trade later.
Also if a player is your GM, you are truly screwed.
I also dont remember predicting that Blake would leave, I might have, but unless I see a link I don't remember it. And he might yet leave anyway.

I don't hate the Clippers. I just use bball IQ to try to workout what they are doing. Not much has made sense, and if they had a good GM they would have used their cash better to complement Paul and Griffin, who basically will have to drag these old dudes through the second half of the season and playoffs.

Chauncey's achilles popped just by moving under no pressure. He is old. Butler has been injury prone all career, and started to wear down last season again. Crawford is not the player he was, and his quickness will deteriorate. Odom was cooked last season, and is now a year older.

And the biggest thing for me is that they haven't upgraded defensively. You need to defend at an elite level to truly contend. They dont have the guys to do it.

A good GM would know better than Paul. Not even Kobe effects decisions like that. Only bad management would allow that.
A good GM would support Paul and Griffin with role players that have speed, length and defensive ability. Preferably mid 20's in age. Instead they load up with offensive players that dont defend well and/or are old.

In their offence, Crawf/Billups/Odom will be mostly spot up shooters that then provide little D. Paul has the ball alot, and everything will and should run through him and Griffin. How does those players help that? How does that improve chemistry?

It might all come together for them, but I don't see it.

G-train
07-09-2012, 01:26 AM
The FO has done everything to keep CP3 happy.

A mistake. They should do what will help the team win a title.

Clippersfan86
07-09-2012, 01:33 AM
I also dont remember predicting that Blake would leave, I might have, but unless I see a link I don't remember it. And he might yet leave anyway.

I don't hate the Clippers. I just use bball IQ to try to workout what they are doing. Not much has made sense, and if they had a good GM they would have used their cash better to complement Paul and Griffin, who basically will have to drag these old dudes through the second half of the season and playoffs.

Chauncey's achilles popped just by moving under no pressure. He is old. Butler has been injury prone all career, and started to wear down last season again. Crawford is not the player he was, and his quickness will deteriorate. Odom was cooked last season, and is now a year older.

And the biggest thing for me is that they haven't upgraded defensively. You need to defend at an elite level to truly contend. They dont have the guys to do it.

A good GM would know better than Paul. Not even Kobe effects decisions like that. Only bad management would allow that.
A good GM would support Paul and Griffin with role players that have speed, length and defensive ability. Preferably mid 20's in age. Instead they load up with offensive players that dont defend well and/or are old.

In their offence, Crawf/Billups/Odom will be mostly spot up shooters that then provide little D. Paul has the ball alot, and everything will and should run through him and Griffin. How does those players help that? How does that improve chemistry?

Simply having a full training camp+summer+more experience together should improve the defense big time. You don't need a team filled with elite defenders to be a good defense. CP3 was arguably the best defensive PG in the game last year. Bledsoe proved himself to be as good of a perimeter defender as anybody in the league in the playoffs (I've been saying it for a year).

DeAndre is a low IQ defender but he still has huge defensive impact nonetheless and is better than most centers defensively. Butler did a very nice job on some of the top SF's this year and I'd categorize him as a "solid" defender. Not to mention Griffin's defense improved marginally and should keep improving. My point is that the defensive struggles of this team have NOTHING to due with personnel but rather poor chemistry and coaching. More time to gel will jump the defense as will better defensive coaching. Clippers will have to add a new defensive coordinator before season starts and that can change a lot of this. Remember 2nd half of season Clippers were a top 10 defense and regularly obliterated teams in 4th quarters defensively. Holding the top offense in the NBA OKC to literally 2 or 3 field goal in the entire 4th quarter for example in their final meeting of the season.

I DO in fact remember you not only saying Griffin was gone but saying last year Clippers wouldn't do jack, both of which were wrong. Clippers with Billups were the top offense in the NBA and finished 4th. So don't worry about their offense. If they get a decent backup center they are the deepest team in the NBA as it stands. No other team has a more talented 8-9 man rotation right now. Maybe they won't fit as well as they could but raw talent is there.

Old teams win titles. In fact never has a "young" team won the NBA championship. Clippers have a GREAT mix of veterans and youth right now which is what you'll find on every finals team ever pretty much. BTW LOL at you thinking Griffin and his agent agreeing to terms for the max deal is going to pull out of a 90 million dollar extension at the last second for his first big contract. Joke is on you if you believe that dude.

colorz
07-09-2012, 01:34 AM
A mistake. They should do what will help the team win a title.

Who else could they have signed this summer?

Ray Allen was not definitely not coming here, Courtney Lee was to expensive, so Crawford was the next best thing.

And Crawford's contract isn't bad, it's only 2 years guaranteed and the last 2 years are a team option.

If you watched the Clippers, you could see that Billups did more than just on the court. His presence on the bench did wonders for this team.

They are also probably going to sign like Ryan Hollins I think so the team looks good next year.

Paul/Bledsoe
Crawford/Billups
Butler/Gomes
Griffin/Odom
Jordan/Hollins

Barring any major injuries, I can see them with at least a chance at the WCF.

Richard
07-09-2012, 01:39 AM

:no: CP3 didn't choose Butler as his choice for Clipper SF. Caron Butler agreed to term with Clips Dec 08 and CP3 was acquired Dec 14. Just lettin' you know...

colorz
07-09-2012, 01:40 AM
[QUOTE=Richard

Clippersfan86
07-09-2012, 01:40 AM
:no: CP3 didn't choose Butler as his choice for Clipper SF. Caron Butler agreed to term with Clips Dec 08 and CP3 was acquired Dec 14. Just lettin' you know...

Wrong. Later on details came out that the trade was being negotiated for months. When the deal was getting closer to actually happening Neil asked CP3 which SF CP3 wanted out of a group of guys and he said Butler. More proof is that Butler said that he knew CP3 was coming and that influenced his decision to pick the Clippers.

Clippersfan86
07-09-2012, 01:41 AM
NO gave permission for CP3 to talk to the Clippers, and he wanted Butler.

This is what happens when people boxscore/news watch and aren't fans of the team. They can't possibly know details like this :oldlol: :cheers: .

colorz
07-09-2012, 01:42 AM
This is what happens when people boxscore/news watch and aren't fans of the team. They can't possibly know details like this :oldlol: :cheers: .

:cheers:

G-train
07-09-2012, 01:48 AM
I DO in fact remember you not only saying Griffin was gone but saying last year Clippers wouldn't do jack, both of which were wrong.

Everything I said about the Clippers was qualified with other statements, and nothing I said was proven false.

I made a number of statements about them prior to the Paul trade. I did not think they would be stupid enough to give up a young core for a guy with 1 year left and a player option, but they were.

Everything I said will come to light to the blind within 2-3 seasons.
I am a basketball sage.

Clippersfan86
07-09-2012, 01:50 AM
Everything I said about the Clippers was qualified with other statements, and nothing I said was proven false.

I made a number of statements about them prior to the Paul trade. I did not think they would be stupid enough to give up a young core for a guy with 1 year left and a player option, but they were.

Everything I said will come to light to the blind within 2-3 seasons.
I am a basketball sage.

Yup... the same guy that's trying to force his current team not to match his extension. Exactly the kind of guy Clippers need! Nevermind that he was injured all year and the Hornets were bad enough to get the top pick in the draft. Clippers fans are DEVASTATED from this trade :roll: .

We'll see how stupid it is when Chris Paul re-signs next summer.

Clippersfan86
07-09-2012, 01:57 AM
My point is you say the Clippers have no plan but sometimes the plan doesn't work out. They wanted Allen and Lee and couldn't get them so they "settled" for Crawford on a two year guaranteed deal. Nothing to bitch about. Odom for Williams? No brainer. Odom fills a big need with loss of Kmart+Evans and Williams was holding Bledsoe back.

Clippers are now shopping for another center which is exactly what we need. So basically while the Clippers offseason hasn't been particularly good it also hasn't been a train wreck like you and others are making it out to be. Let's see which GM, Defensive Coordinator and center they get before we thrash their moves. Clippers can't win with you people. If they don't spend it's "same ol Clippers" if they overspend it's "same ol Clippers". Basically nothing they do is right in the eyes of people. If another team signed Jamal Crawford they would be getting praised for picking up a very talented and deadly 6th man.

colorz
07-09-2012, 02:11 AM
CF86, have you heard if Crawford will be starting or coming off the bench?

G-train
07-09-2012, 02:18 AM
My point is you say the Clippers have no plan but sometimes the plan doesn't work out. They wanted Allen and Lee and couldn't get them so they "settled" for Crawford on a two year guaranteed deal. Nothing to bitch about. Odom for Williams? No brainer. Odom fills a big need with loss of Kmart+Evans and Williams was holding Bledsoe back.

Clippers are now shopping for another center which is exactly what we need. So basically while the Clippers offseason hasn't been particularly good it also hasn't been a train wreck like you and others are making it out to be. Let's see which GM, Defensive Coordinator and center they get before we thrash their moves. Clippers can't win with you people. If they don't spend it's "same ol Clippers" if they overspend it's "same ol Clippers". Basically nothing they do is right in the eyes of people. If another team signed Jamal Crawford they would be getting praised for picking up a very talented and deadly 6th man.

False, I don't see much value in Crawford for any winner.
Clippers prior to offseason:

Paul
?
Butler
Griffin
Odom

Jordan
Bledsoe
Gomes

I would bring jordan off the bench as a defensive spark and energy player, regardless of his contract.
I'm gonna include the Odom trade, even though I wouldn't have done it, but I think he was always going to play there. I would definitely play him with the starters, the league isnt big and Odom is an excellent rebounder at the 5. Doesnt look nice on paper but I believe it would be effective.
I then would have targetted 2 or 3 guys like:
Gerald Green, Dominic McGuire, Ben Wallace, Tolliver, AntRand, Jared Jeffries, Sam Young, Shannon Brown, Donte Greene

...to fill gaps at whoever signed for low price/vet minimums.
I wouldn't have gone with the old guys. They just suck so bad at everything except offence and there is risk of injury and deterioration.

Clippersfan86
07-09-2012, 02:26 AM

Paul
?
Butler
Griffin
Odom

Jordan
Bledsoe
Gomes

I would bring jordan off the bench as a defensive spark and energy player, regardless of his contract.
I'm gonna include the Odom trade, even though I wouldn't have done it, but I think he was always going to play there. I would definitely play him with the starters, the league isnt big and Odom is an excellent rebounder at the 5. Doesnt look nice on paper but I believe it would be effective.
Gerald Green, Dominic McGuire, Ben Wallace, Tolliver, AntRand, Jared Jeffries, Sam Young, Shannon Brown, Donte Greene

I wouldn't have gone with the old guys. They just suck so bad at everything except offence and there is risk of injury and deterioration.

Odom is a capable defender... Billups played very passable D last year and as I said Butler has always been a solid defender. None of them outside of Crawford are "terrible" at defense. The guys you criticized them for not getting for minimum you're assuming those players asked to be here.

It's a two way street bud. Players have to want to come here for it to happen. Besides if they did want to be here who's to say Clippers won't try for any of them for minimum? Roster is pretty loaded and it will be hard to find minutes besides the center and small forward spot. I don't see any minimum contract SF's that would make a big impact and that have expressed interest to be here. If one comes up I'm sure the Clippers will pursue them.

CP3/Bledsoe
Billups/Crawford
Butler/Free agent minimum (Gomes will be amnestied)
Griffin/Odom/Thompkins
DeAndre Jordan/Ryan Hollins?

qrich
07-09-2012, 03:35 AM
CF86, have you heard if Crawford will be starting or coming off the bench?

He'll start until Billups is ready to start there.

Doesnt look nice on paper but I believe it would be effective.

Wallace has retired. Jeffries is crap and no better than Gomes or James Singleton. I'd take Mike Taylor and Fred Jones over Shannon Brown. Greene is also no better than Gomes and I'd also take Gomes over McGuire.

Basically, the only guys on that list that I would actually like are Green and Young, rest are crap and aren't much of an upgrade over anything.

Plus, they are guys Clippers can still sign with the BAE, use one of their THREE tpes to acquire, or sign for the minimum.

Clippersfan86
07-09-2012, 03:38 AM
What Q Rich said. Crawfish will start till Billups is back. If he kills it though it will be him keeping the starting job.

Al Thornton
07-09-2012, 03:41 AM

Paul
?
Butler
Griffin
Odom

Jordan
Bledsoe
Gomes

fck this post is really stupid, like not even worthy of response other than damn this shit is stupid.

senelcoolidge
07-09-2012, 05:00 AM
The Clippers have serious depth unlike that other Los Angeles team that is paper thin. If one guy has a bad stretch you have 5-7 other guys that can play well.

Clippersfan86
01-06-2013, 04:21 PM
I went toe to toe with half of ISH and prevailed once again. Jamal Crawford is having the most efficient year of his career just like I thought he would. People wanted to talk about him being 32 but with a skill based game it makes no difference. Never played with a PG like this.

ESPN Insider article to follow:

Is it possible for a player to have been in the NBA for 13 years and still seem as if he just came out of nowhere?

Meet Jamal Crawford.

Well, nowhere might be a bit of a stretch. He has actually put together a remarkably unique career: He's one of four players who has scored 50 points with three different teams, is the NBA's career leader in four-point plays, won the Sixth Man Award and is the 2000 draft's career leading scorer.

But his lack of postseason hoops -- just 23 career playoff games -- has had a way of removing Crawford from our line of sight. This season, however, Crawford is making the league take notice by doing things he has never done before in the NBA.

Crawford's 16.3 points per game is ninth best of his 13-year career but he has never fit better with a collection of players than he does with the Los Angeles Clippers, who are allowing him to play some of the most efficient basketball of his career.

"This is the best team I've ever been on and it's made me a better player," says Crawford. "I'm right in the middle of a deep, talented group of guys who know what they're doing."

Crawford has unexpectedly become one of the best offseason pickups. And for a number of reasons, big and small, he has been a revelation. I enlisted the help of the Clippers' super sub to break down why he's having one of the best seasons of his career.

The Chris Paul Effect
Upon hearing the news that Chris Paul had been traded to the Clippers, Blake Griffin jubilantly and quite famously declared, "It's going to be Lob City." And boy, it has been. The Clippers lead the NBA in alley-oop dunks for the second year in a row and have become must-see hoops TV. But highlights aside, some players who play below the rim have actually benefited much more from Paul than their airborne brethren.

Crawford is one of them.

Paul's impact on Crawford can't be understated. This season a career-best 56 percent of Crawford's field goals are assisted. His previous high was 44 percent in 2011. Paul quickly learned Crawford's comfort zones -- curling off picks for 16-foot jumpers (he's shooting a career-tying-best 52.4 from 10-15 feet) and corner 3s (a career-high 36.7 percent of his 3s are assisted).

"I've never played with someone like him," says Crawford. "He makes the game easy for me."

Crawford's praise of his running mate is effusive and with good reason. Paul's acumen and unselfishness have helped Crawford excel all over the floor. Because Paul is a constant threat to drive, he draws in help defenders, allowing Crawford to find plenty of driving lanes. And he has made the most of them; he's hitting a career-high 71.7 percent of his shots at the rim.

Crawford has played nearly half his minutes with Paul on the court this season (487 with, 474 without). And partly due to Paul's intimate knowledge of Crawford's tendencies, the shooting guard ranks fourth in plus/minus overall. Only Kevin Durant, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker have a better plus/minus. The highest Crawford has ever finished is 45th in his Sixth Man Award-winning season of 2009-10.

He's in the perfect role
Crawford has played many roles in his 13-year career. It began in Chicago, where his coaches wanted to develop him as a big point guard who could score in bunches. But after the Bulls drafted Duke point guard and national player of the year Jay Williams the following season, Crawford temporarily shifted to shooting guard so the two could play together. A motorcycle accident in June 2003 ended Williams' career; Chicago then drafted Kirk Hinrich as their point guard of the future and Crawford eventually found his true calling off the ball. During his four-year stint with the Knicks as a volume shooter, Crawford was primarily a go-to-first option.

In 2007-08, he scored a career-high 20.6 points per game but many came on isolation plays that stunted the already ragged Knicks offense. Just 41 percent of his shots were assisted and Crawford's big numbers rarely translated to wins. In Atlanta. he reinvented himself by coming off the bench and becoming one of the league's most dangerous subs, ultimately winning Sixth Man Award in 2010.

Now in Los Angeles, Crawford is playing something of a hybrid of his New York and Atlanta roles. He's the first man off the bench but is expected to contribute heavily as a fourth-quarter closer and take big shots when needed.

It's a role tailor-made for his shake-and-bake, quick-release skill set.

And he has delivered admirably. Among players with 15 or more games, he ranks third in fourth-quarter scoring average (6.6), behind Bryant (7.9) and Durant (7.4), and ahead of Carmelo Anthony (5.. Highly regarded closer Paul ranks just 59th with 3.6. This season, in a more controlled offensive structure, his looks come within the flow of the offense and ultimately do more damage. Last season he registered just 16 20-point games. He already has 13. The Clippers are 10-3 in those games.

While head coach Vinny Del Negro has shrewdly started the unspectacular but steady Willie Green at shooting guard, Crawford is called upon to do the heavy lifting when it actually counts. Crawford ranks No. 1 in the NBA in fourth-quarter minutes and has been on the floor in the closing minutes of virtually every close game this season.

Unlike some of Crawford's past coaches, Del Negro has encouraged Crawford to exploit his ability to create shots with the dribble when he's on the floor with the second unit. "Sometimes I'll look over to the bench and he'll just tell me to go," explains Crawford. All in all, his coaches and teammates have conspired to put him in as comfortable a situation as possible.

"I've always been a natural scorer, so this role works with my mentality," he says.

He fits like a glove
Get in where you fit in. Crawford has tried to do that with varying success in his NBA career. Even when he put up quality numbers, the teams he played on sometimes lacked chemistry and balance. In a few stops along the way, his style of play simply didn't fit.

In basketball parlance "fit" is a close cousin of "role." They normally go hand in hand; one generally can't exist without the other.

General managers will tell you fit is almost as essential to success as talent is. Coaches want players who fit into their system and fit well with players around them. Many a player has had his fortunes determined by how well he fit in with the team that drafted, traded for or acquired him through free agency.

Despite his explosive ability to score in numerous situations, Crawford never quite fit as a go-to-first option and now takes comfort in the fact that playing alongside two All-Stars has drawn defensive attention away from him, allowing him to score in bunches without dominating. But more important, it has given Crawford a better appreciation for the shots he's getting.

"I don't think I need the freedom to shoot 20 shots a game," he explains. "I think I need to be in an environment where I'm getting 12-13 shots. It forces you to be more efficient because your touches are limited. Now for me each touch is more valuable."

With the Clippers he has plugged in beautifully among a collection of experienced veterans, young athletes, a blossoming star forward and the game's best point guard. All this has led Crawford to lose his tendency to force the action and put up shots when a quality look doesn't exist.

"When you're surrounded by so much talent, you feel like you don't have to force things," he says. "I feel so much more relaxed, like I can just go out and play."

A game built to endure
"I'd be the first to tell you if I lost a step," says Crawford with a chuckle, "and the truth is I haven't."

It seems as though the 32-year-old Crawford has access to some sort of fountain of youth that most players would give their shooting hand to take a sip from. Crawford came into the NBA at a wiry 175 pounds; over the years he gradually put on 20 pounds of muscle while fending off unwanted body fat by playing basketball nearly every day in the offseason.

Crawford believes the early arc of his career has led directly to his fresh legs at a point in his career when most players are slowing down.

He played just two years of high school ball and 17 total games in college. In his first two NBA seasons, he played a combined 84 games as a result of an ACL injury. He didn't make the playoffs until his 10th season. All that limited wear and tear on his body.

"I didn't get normal minutes my first couple years in the league," he says. "When I was younger I was mad about it, but I think it saved my body."

He also ices down daily -- even on days off -- going so far as to soak in a cold tub at home. That his game was never built on athleticism means he hasn't had to adjust his approach because of declining ability. The result is a player who still has the quickness and ballhandling skills he came into the league with, but has the benefit of 13 years' experience and the savvy that comes with it. That combination has given the Clippers a surprise weapon that has them firmly in the title chase.

"It's funny how it has all come together," says Crawford. "I feel like I'm hitting my prime."

At just the right time.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8813196/nba-jamal-crawford-found-place-clippers-maybe-sixth-man-year-award

Clippersfan86
01-06-2013, 04:24 PM

:biggums: :applause:

O_City_Thunder
01-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Dat Clippersfan86