PDA

View Full Version : Josh Smith, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul

Droid101
07-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Danny Ferry just trolled the league in one day. Don't be mad!

[quote]We knew when the Atlanta Hawks hired Danny Ferry as their general manager that it would mark a wholesale change in the way this franchise did business, but nobody expected the change to be this drastic, this fast.

With two landmark moves in a period of hours today that wiped nearly $90 million off the payroll, the Hawks went from a franchise that considered losing in the second round of the playoffs to be the pinnacle of human achievement to being one that could matter -- I mean really, truly matter -- for the first time since Dominique Wilkins was making nightly highlight films.

For those who just crawled out from under a rock, the Hawks first sent Joe Johnson to New Jersey for the expiring contracts of Jordan Farmar, Johan Petro, Jordan Williams Anthony Morrow and DeShawn Stevenson (who will have a non-guaranteed multi-year deal, per sign-and-trade rule requirements, but is effectively an expiring contract). The Hawks then traded Marvin Williams to Utah for the expiring contract of Devin Harris. Farmar will be bought out for $1.5 million, Harris may be re-routed someplace else, and Petro will be given Pape Sy's former jersey just to see if anyone can tell the difference.

That's the summary, but let's zoom out to the big picture. I'm not sure anybody has put together all the dots on this, but consider the following:

Reverend Hoops
07-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Danny Ferry stylin' on dem pros.

Levity
07-02-2012, 10:36 PM
give them a couple wings who could shoot the 3 ball and play D and miami could kiss number 2,3,4,5,6,7 goodbye

RazorBaLade
07-02-2012, 10:37 PM
See mitch. This is the kind of possibility that arises if you aren't a fat pu ssy

Zodiac
07-02-2012, 10:40 PM
I wonder if Atlanta could get Howard and CP3 while keeping Horford and Teague.

We know Horford has a very team friendly contract and it could set the table for deals for Howard, Smith, and CP3 if they all decided to come.

Then slot Teague at the 2 (Yea I know it's not his natural position, but Hinrich did a good job at the 2 last year in he's a PG) Teague and CP3 would be the best defensive back court in the league.

Smoove at 3 would be interesting, he's athletic enough to cover decent and >decent SFs, Lebron and Melo would abuse him but then when they get into the paint they would have to deal with Horford and Howard.

Droid101
Sorry, didn't include source: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/hawksmoves_120702/nba-atlanta-hawks-remake-future-one-momentous-day

marion706
jaw-dropping to think this was all done in less than 48hours

Fiasco
07-02-2012, 10:43 PM
LOL @ the idea of CP3 leaving max money in LA to play in Atlanta

hawksdogsbraves
Ferry is so amazing!

Who the hell would score on a Smith/Howard front court? Imagine how many alley oops CP3 would throw! Atl-Mia rivalry would be the best in basketball!

fsvr54
Teague >> CP3

Droid101
07-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Yeah. Because no player has ever done that before!!

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/lebron-james-decision.jpg

Any owner >>>>> Donald Sterling

Sterling's racism should be news (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jones/060810)

Fiasco
07-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Yeah. Because no player has ever done that before!!

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/lebron-james-decision.jpg

That was before the new CBA.

hawksdogsbraves
07-02-2012, 10:45 PM

It's not like the Clippers are LA's team anyway

Also it's not like the Clippers will ever win a championship even if CP3 stays. At some point you've got to worry about your legacy and not just being the face of the little sister franchise.

TMT
07-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Dwight and CP3 won't be heading to Atlanta, IMO. Sorry optimistic Atlanta fans.

But Ferry is definitely making positive steps. That team was so awfully constructed, it's good to see them finally blow it up.

Richesly
07-02-2012, 10:46 PM
That was before the new CBA.

Are you hawk hater?

EBUKU OKAFOR, PLEASE PROVIDE FIASCO WITH DANNY FERRY.

Reverend Hoops
07-02-2012, 10:48 PM
It would be interesting for Ferry to form his own super team to compete against Lebron's. Very ironic.

Great facts to back up your statement. *waits for LOL its the Hawks*

Hotlantadude81
07-02-2012, 10:49 PM
People need to get serious. This isn't going to happen.

TMT
It would be interesting for Ferry to form his own super team to compete against Lebron's. Very ironic.

Great facts to back up your statement. *waits for LOL its the Hawks*

What facts do you want? Should I call up CP3 and Dwight and ask them for their opinions on the matter? :confusedshrug: By the way for future reference, IMO = in my opinion.

:facepalm

Fiasco
Are you hawk hater?

EBUKU OKAFOR, PLEASE PROVIDE FIASCO WITH DANNY FERRY.

No, I'm just not retarded.

CLTHornets4eva

But Ferry is definitely making positive steps. That team was so awfully constructed, it's good to see them finally blow it up.

There arent many places they could both go. Remember how much CP3 and Dwight wanted to play together? That makes much more sense than Deron and Dwight in my opinion. Remember JSmoove and Ammo are friends with Dwight too.

If they wait for 2013 offseason:

Dwight
Horford
Smith
Morrow
CP3

Bench: Teague.

:rockon: Better than the Heat

I always wondered why the city of Atlanta couldn't attract top shelf FA's. I think they can now :)

Richesly
07-02-2012, 10:50 PM
People need to get serious. This isn't going to happen.

You still being negative?

Can you go be a Knicks fan?

Hotlantadude81
07-02-2012, 10:50 PM

If you look anything like the dude in your avatar then you probably are.

Fiasco
07-02-2012, 10:51 PM

He married a goddess with that face. What have you done with your life?

RaininTwos
07-02-2012, 10:52 PM
That would be amazing for the league.

Josh Smith and Dwight would make up one of the best rim protecting duo's in NBA History. Anything weak around the rim will be smacked outta there.

CP3 on the break with Dwight and Smoove trailing:eek: :eek: :eek: :bowdown:

Richesly
07-02-2012, 10:52 PM

Fiasco, gonna have to ask you to stop.

Only I mess with Hotlanta.

TMT
07-02-2012, 10:53 PM
There arent many places they could both go. Remember how much CP3 and Dwight wanted to play together? That makes much more sense than Deron and Dwight in my opinion. Remember JSmoove and Ammo are friends with Dwight too.

If they wait for 2013 offseason:

Dwight
Horford
Smith
Morrow
CP3

Bench: Teague.

:rockon: Better than the Heat

I always wondered why the city of Atlanta couldn't attract top shelf FA's. I think they can now :)

CP3 would have to leave max money on the table and leave LA.
Smoove would have to make Dwight instantly fall in love with Atlanta, rather than another big market he could bolt off to.

If Paul and Dwight want to play together that bad it makes more sense that CP3 would try to recruit him to the Clips instead of both of them departing for a new city. It just doesn't make a lot of sense.

bmulls
07-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Not gonna happen, Dwight is going to Dallas to play with Deron :pimp:

2 super teams in 1 conference would be lame, we need a western conference super power.

Hotlantadude81
07-02-2012, 10:54 PM

Some women are extremely dumb. See Rhianna for proof.

Zodiac
07-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Not gonna happen, Dwight is going to Dallas to play with Deron :pimp:

2 super teams in 1 conference would be lame, we need a western conference super power.
The western conf has had about 5 different super-powers and have one currently blossoming.

Droid101
07-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Smoove would have to make Dwight instantly fall in love with Atlanta,
Dwight Howard was born and raised in Atlanta Georgia. Not much of a stretch there.

Richesly
07-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Some women are extremely dumb. See Rhianna for proof.

Where you reside in Georgia? You should come to Atlanta and we can go clubbin', and if you ain't older than 18(which I'm sure you are), I'll take you to chucky cheese and we can shoot some hoops.

KyrieTheFuture
07-02-2012, 10:58 PM
At this rate why have more than 8 teams in the league?

Droid101
07-02-2012, 10:59 PM
At this rate why have more than 8 teams in the league?
Why don't the Cavs clear all their cap space to sign three near-max players?

RaininTwos
07-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Atlanta would be great for Dwight, he'd be home with a long time friend, in a major market with a budding film industry. He'd have access to a lot of opportunities on and off the court in the Atl.

I don't see why he would go to LA to play with a broken down Kobe anyways, that never made sense to me. Now if someone how joined the Clipps with CP3 and BG still on the roster, I could see that.

Brooklyn is out of the question.

I haven't heard anything about Chicago being a possible destination. I don't even know what kind of package they could put together for him or how how they could clear space for him either. Boozer isn't going anywhere lol.

Knicks and Heat aren't going to go after him.

So it's down to Dallas or Atlanta in terms of major cities in the league with big time talent.

Either or would be interesting, don't know where would end up.

Hotlantadude81
07-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Dwight Howard was born and raised in Atlanta Georgia. Not much of a stretch there.

They can probably pull of a trade for Dwight... But I very much doubt he will stay while they also get Chris Paul. Although it's worth noting that Paul did want to play in Atlanta at one time.

Richesly
07-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Can I come too? I'm 18 but i love chucky cheese :rockon: :rockon: :pimp:

You gotta put Fiasco in his place, first. He dissin' the Hawks. Ferry wanna show him up.

Only Hotlanta can diss the Hawks.

TMT
07-02-2012, 11:03 PM
You gotta put Fiasco in his place, first. He dissin' the Hawks. Ferry wanna show him up.

Can you blame him? They've been a pretty irrelevant basketball franchise for a good while now. It's about time they got a Spurs program based guy in there to get things straight. :pimp:

Ebuka_Okafor
07-02-2012, 11:04 PM

Look here tough guy DONT EVER mess with the Hawks. The only thing I love more than Danny Ferry is Emeka Okafor. Watch your back. Ferry is gonna bring Dwight and CP3 to Atlanta then restructure Okafor's deal so he can fit on the hawks :bowdown: :bowdown:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-W7-a1Hfg6zI/T_Iqbm_WDxI/AAAAAAAAbig/W6KK-SGaV3I/s510/danny_ferry_061312-thumb-510x345-14213.jpg

Kevin_Garnett_5
07-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Wait, do Hawks fans really believe they're getting Howard and Paul? :roll:

Droid101
07-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Wait, do Celtics fans really think they're getting Garnett and Allen? :roll:

Sound familiar?

Richesly
07-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Another reason why I can't stand the Celtics.

Have fun being irrelevant for 568.3m years, while we winning championships.

:lebroncry:

Richesly
07-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Look here tough guy DONT EVER mess with the Hawks. The only thing I love more than Danny Ferry is Emeka Okafor. Watch your back. Ferry is gonna bring Dwight and CP3 to Atlanta then restructure Okafor's deal so he can fit on the hawks :bowdown: :bowdown:

Get the UMAD pic on his ass!

No Evans!
07-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Can we calm down just a little. I'm just excited about seeing Ivan Johnson and DeShawn Stevenson on the same team.

TMT
07-02-2012, 11:07 PM
The pro-Atlanta people in this thread are starting to make as much sense as bandwaggon Heat fans in their arguments... Seriously guys, the scenario you are proposing is extremely unlikely. Relax.

Droid101
07-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Can we calm down just a little. I'm just excited about seeing Ivan Johnson and DeShawn Stevenson on the same team.
More or less hood than when Allen Iverson and JR Smith were on the Nuggets? :oldlol:

Hotlantadude81
07-02-2012, 11:09 PM
The pro-Atlanta people in this thread are starting to make as much sense as bandwaggon Heat fans in their arguments... Seriously guys, the scenario you are proposing is extremely unlikely. Relax.

They can probably land Howard... Getting him to stay and getting Chris Paul is another matter.

Ebuka_Okafor
Get the UMAD pic on his ass!

:cheers:

Zodiac
Ivan Johnson and ScubaShawn Stevenson going go off on a fool

Kevin_Garnett_5
Wait, do Celtics fans really think they're getting Garnett and Allen? :roll:

Sound familiar?
Nope, not at all. The Allen trade came out of nowhere and Boston was one of the frontrunners for KG the entire time.

Richesly
07-02-2012, 11:10 PM
They can probably land Howard... Getting him to stay and getting Chris Paul is another matter.

We going clubbing?

Kevin_Garnett_5
07-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Another reason why I can't stand the Celtics.

Have fun being irrelevant for 568.3m years, while we winning championships.

:lebroncry:
:roll:

Zodiac
07-02-2012, 11:12 PM
All insane backup team

PG-Stephon Marbury
SG- ScubaShawn Stevenson
SF- Metta World Peace
PF- Ivan Johnson
C- Ben Wallace/Chris Andersen.

Richesly
07-02-2012, 11:13 PM
:roll:

Hawks are heading into a better direction then the Celtics.

TMT
07-02-2012, 11:13 PM

What trade assets exactly do they have to land Howard? I mean this seriously, I want to know what they can package together to offer Orlando.

Horford + Teague + ??? + picks?

TMT
07-02-2012, 11:14 PM

What makes you say that when you just turned Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams into Devin Harris and garbage/buyouts? You guys haven't made any significant moves. Clearing up cap space doesn't automatically mean stars are coming. :facepalm

Kevin_Garnett_5
07-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Debatable. Either way, it's irrelevant. Last I checked this thread has nothing to do with the Celtics.

Nash
07-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Forget about CP3, but Howard looks promising. They could rent him for a year and hope home pride convinces him to stay.

Hotlantadude81
07-02-2012, 11:21 PM
What trade assets exactly do they have to land Howard? I mean this seriously, I want to know what they can package together to offer Orlando.

Horford + Teague + ??? + picks?

I'm sure they will offer Hordford/Teague and 2 first rounders. People are probably going to assume that they would rather have Bynum... And they might, but I think it's becoming well known that he is a knuckle head and a very fragile player to boot. That's a pretty good package for a team looking to rebuild. I know Horf was hurt this past season, but there is a good chance Bynum will end up an injury prone player and a bonehead.

CLTHornets4eva
07-02-2012, 11:22 PM

Don't know who marco Jaric is?:confusedshrug:

TMT
07-02-2012, 11:23 PM
I'm sure they will offer Hordford/Teague and 2 first rounders. People are probably going to assume that they would rather have Bynum... And they might, but I think it's becoming well known that he is a knuckle head and a very fragile player to boot. That's a pretty good package for a team looking to rebuild. I know Horf was hurt this past season, but there is a good chance Bynum will end up an injury prone player and a bonehead.

It's just hard to believe that this is even one of the top deals they could receive. Now that they don't have to worry about Dwight to Brooklyn, every team that wants him will basically be a 1 year rental. I'm sure there will be a handful of more enticing packages on the table.

Hotlantadude81
07-02-2012, 11:26 PM

Yes, I do. I was just having some fun with the guy.

Story Up
07-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Paul, Eric Gordon, Ariza, Smith and Howard

Offer Teague, Horford and picks for Gordon and Ariza.
BOOM

Hotlantadude81
07-02-2012, 11:28 PM
It's just hard to believe that this is even one of the top deals they could receive. Now that they don't have to worry about Dwight to Brooklyn, every team that wants him will basically be a 1 year rental. I'm sure there will be a handful of more enticing packages on the table.

Maybe it depends on how much Horford is valued. Many think he has been misused and and can be a really good player. Maybe Orlando thinks Teague can be really good (I don't think he will get much better). Remember he played pretty well against Rose in the playoffs a few years ago. Plus two draft picks. That's 4 potential young pieces.

sacredcow
07-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Even with a team that good, the arena would still be 1/4 empty like it always is.

RIP CITY
07-02-2012, 11:51 PM
While I agree with most that it is very unlikely, I also believe it shouldn't be. What I mean by that is, if I were Dwight Howard, I would love the idea and it's a better option than going to Brooklyn or Dallas IMO. He could call CP3 right now, say hold off on that extension with the Clippers and become a FA with me in the offseason, we'll go to ATL with Josh Smith and be contenders. He goes home, gets two stars to play with him and gets to play with two of his best friends (Morrow, Smith).

It probably won't happen but it makes alot of sense for all parties IMO.

Fiasco
07-03-2012, 12:03 AM

Yes, I do. I was just having some fun with the guy.

You realize Marko Jaric is a God on Earth?

Levity
07-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Paul, Eric Gordon, Ariza, Smith and Howard

Offer Teague, Horford and picks for Gordon and Ariza.
BOOM

but who convinces the wizards to give ariza back to NO, first? :D

MisterAmazing
07-03-2012, 12:19 AM
Danny Ferry just trolled the league in one day. Don't be mad!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-W7-a1Hfg6zI/T_Iqbm_WDxI/AAAAAAAAbig/W6KK-SGaV3I/s510/danny_ferry_061312-thumb-510x345-14213.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120323002233/central/images/f/fe/Mother-of-god-meme.jpg

Kiddlovesnets
07-03-2012, 03:12 AM
Well it is the former Cavs manager Danny Ferry, you've gotta be kidding me.

joshwake
07-03-2012, 03:25 AM
The team is so mediocre that Hawk fans are at the point where they are getting way too excited about clearing cap space. It's kindof sad really. Let's see what newly-famed-and-crowned-deity Ferry is able to do with this cap space, and then we can talk. In the meantime, don't get ahead of yourselves, it just makes you look desperate and pathetic.

devin112
07-03-2012, 03:45 AM
http://i.imm.io/uTjP.jpeg

Bosnian Sajo
07-03-2012, 06:38 AM
Look at all these hawk fans coming out the woodworks :oldlol: