I say everybody got their off nights :confusedshrug:

Pushxx
06-21-2012, 09:49 AM
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh53hvZ9M8J7HqPM0V
Some say he was tired
Some say he choked
Some say he was missing on purpose so he don't play for the Wizards

I say everybody got their off nights :confusedshrug:

This one. Dude looks like he couldn't give 2 shits about that drill. Not like the Wizards would pick him but...you know what it is...

IGOTGAME
06-21-2012, 10:25 AM
This one. Dude looks like he couldn't give 2 shits about that drill. Not like the Wizards would pick him but...you know what it is...

looks bad on Rivers part. don't waste people's time.

theaussieguy
06-21-2012, 10:34 AM
dude looks unmotivated and slow. I wonder if all the camera recording him pissed him off maybe he thought such a workout should of been done behind closed doors. I don't understand how he could find himself in such a position? Like they called him up and was like yo "we wanna demo you". What do the Wiz get out of it? What does he get out of treating it with such a bad attitude? How did this culminate?

confused.jpg

iDunk
06-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Why wouldn't Rivers want to get picked at #3? He would make so much more money than he would at getting picked at #8-#12.

He just sucked.

Lebron23
06-21-2012, 10:48 AM
He wants to play for the Boston Celtics. I don't think he's gonna be an all star, but he will be a solid starter in the NBA.

DCL
06-21-2012, 11:21 AM
you can tell a lot by body language. he ain't into it at all.

at least he showed up. :oldlol:

plUto or bUst
06-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Before you try to grasp at various conspiracy theories explaining why he sucked at this drill, maybe you should consider this equally outlandish possibility: he's simply not a good shooter. :confusedshrug:

"Jesus"
06-21-2012, 12:04 PM
His release is pretty awful. He lets it go on the way down. Never going to be consistent with a form like that.

Salazaar
06-21-2012, 12:25 PM
I already strongly dislike this punk. Dude thinks the world belongs to him just because he's named Rivers. A lack of effort during this workout is a freaking understatement, look at MKG workouts. Working his ass off and giving 100% every time he's on the court. Rivers, what a fukn diva :facepalm:

mobbdeep
06-21-2012, 01:19 PM
He might just not be a "great" midrange jump shooter but he is really good with the 3 pointers and his body language is bad because he was frustrated with missing.

IGotACoolStory
06-21-2012, 01:38 PM
He is not really good with 3pters.

He's Jamal Crawford without the jumper and the passing ability. On top of that, he's a team cancer.

PP34Deuce
06-21-2012, 01:57 PM
He is not really good with 3pters.

He's Jamal Crawford without the jumper and the passing ability. On top of that, he's a team cancer.

He was just throwing up shots, you can tell he wasn't really working hard.

IGotACoolStory
06-21-2012, 01:59 PM
He was just throwing up shots

Rivers' game in a nutshell :applause:

All Net
06-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Where is he expected to go draft wise?

PP34Deuce
06-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Rivers' game in a nutshell :applause:

I honestly believe he's going to be a better player now for a playoff team than rebuilding team. he's got a lot of moxie. He's actually filled out a lil to handle bulk in the NBA. He's really crafty and he's going to be able to give a team 15ppg out the gate with some great 25 plus 3 game streaks sprinkled.

I think he goes 9-13.

GOBB
06-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Looks tired to me. I wouldnt buy not wanting to be drafted by Wizards. Why would anyone say that crap? Wizards pick 3rd and need a SG. I also dont buy he's not a good shooter. Why? Andre Drummond can be seen not missing when he is working out for a team shooting jumpers. Now all of a sudden he has a jumper? Dont think so. Got to be more to the story than a random clip where he clearly looks exhausted. Should he have been able to fight through it and make more than he missed? Sure. But I'm not going to bash the dude without knowing more behind this. Its called giving the benefit of the doubt.

GOBB
06-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Where is he expected to go draft wise?

Lottery. Where? Could be anywhere from 7-13

senelcoolidge
06-21-2012, 02:40 PM
If he missed on purpose than he's a dumbass. You want to play well for everyone. Be grateful your getting a chance to play in the NBA. Also word gets around.

Da KO King
06-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Even though this drill displays shooting ability it seems to be more of a test of motor/heart/composure.

As simple as the drill is, when done at the end of a long work out it feels impossible to complete every time you miss a shot.

Miserio
06-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Even though this drill displays shooting ability it seems to be more of a test of motor/heart/composure.

As simple as the drill is, when done at the end of a long work out it feels impossible to complete every time you miss a shot.
Come on, they're pro players.

Anyway, I think he's gonna be an allstar.

Pushxx
06-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Why wouldn't Rivers want to get picked at #3? He would make so much more money than he would at getting picked at #8-#12.

He just sucked.

I agree with everyone that he should just try his hardest all the time but his body language makes it obvious: he just doesn't give a ****.

GOBB
06-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Come on, they're pro players.

Anyway, I think he's gonna be an allstar.

Pro? Austin Rivers just finished his freshman season in college and declared for the draft hoping to become a pro. Just to put things in perspective since you think he is a pro player. This time last year he finished high school. When did he become pro again? :confusedshrug:

GOBB
06-21-2012, 04:11 PM
I agree with everyone that he should just try his hardest all the time but his body language makes it obvious: he just doesn't give a ****.

Was this workout at the begginning or end? If your answer is "I dont know." then stfu about this idea he doesnt give a f*ck. He gave enough of a f*ck to declare for the NBA draft didnt he? And why would he intentionally not care to be drafted #3 when most lottery prospects (which he is) want to go as high as possible. If your answer is "I honestly dont even know why he wouldnt want to go #3", then stfu again when you finish stfu the first time. :rolleyes:

Miserio
06-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Pro? Austin Rivers just finished his freshman season in college and declared for the draft hoping to become a pro. Just to put things in perspective since you think he is a pro player. This time last year he finished high school. When did he become pro again? :confusedshrug:
I ment pro in a physical way. These guys don't have the problems of the regular people getting tired in simple shooting drills. He just doesn't give a ****.

GOBB
06-21-2012, 04:22 PM
I ment pro in a physical way. These guys don't have the problems of the regular people getting tired in simple shooting drills. He just doesn't give a ****.

You're wrong.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/post/seven-not-so-lucky-for-austin-rivers/2012/06/15/gJQADAwOfV_blog.html

Now you and others can stop saying he didnt give a f*ck. He doesnt want to be drafted by Wizards and other nonsense.

no pun intended
06-20-2014, 12:42 AM
I guess we can conclude now that he didn't do it on purpose lmao

Johnny Jones
06-20-2014, 12:47 AM
I guess we can conclude now that he didn't do it on purpose lmao
You could say this after his rookie season, but after the season he just had? Where he proved that he was AT LEAST an average shooter? This post is almost as stupid as the one earlier in this thread saying Rivers is/was a punk lmao

no pun intended
06-20-2014, 01:02 AM
You could say this after his rookie season, but after the season he just had? Where he proved that he was AT LEAST an average shooter? This post is almost as stupid as the one earlier in this thread saying Rivers is/was a punk lmao
I never said or implied that he didn't improve last season (which he did obviously). The premise of this thread was questioning if he intentionally performed poorly during the workout, and given how he did in his rookie season following the workout, one cannot conclude that he did.