PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan: "For a stretch there, it seemed like they got every whistle."

Bladers
06-07-2012, 12:42 AM
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Milwaukee+Bucks+v+Oklahoma+City+Thunder+ejgQaCzh4I tl.jpg

Boston are screwed tomorrow.
The deal went down last night.
Its completed, and half of its have been fulfilled.

Derka
06-07-2012, 12:43 AM
For a stretch there, Timmy...it seemed like you guys stopped hitting shots, turned the ball over and stopped playing defense. :confusedshrug:

Big#50
06-07-2012, 12:47 AM
For a stretch there, Timmy...it seemed like you guys stopped hitting shots, turned the ball over and stopped playing defense. :confusedshrug:
They actually got two big shots taken from them. Hard to play defense when the refs are whistle happy. Hard not to turn It over when guys are being hacked. It was an abvious screw job. As a Spurs fan I knew it was on.

Noyze
06-07-2012, 12:48 AM
For a stretch there it seemed like Durant took over and the Spurs ran out of gas Timmy.

imdaman99
06-07-2012, 12:48 AM
They actually got two big shots taken from them. Hard to play defense when the refs are whistle happy. Hard not to turn It over when guys are being hacked. It was an abvious screw job. As a Spurs fan I knew it was on.
:cry: :cry: :cry: cry me a river, make some more threads about it :roll: :roll: :roll:

ImmortalD24
06-07-2012, 12:51 AM
In Boston? That would be quite the spectacle. Highly unlikely though.

KingLeBronJames
06-07-2012, 12:51 AM
Tim Duncan is a cry baby now? What has the world come to? Shut up, Duncan. The better team won. The Spurs are old and done. Just like the Celtics. The Heat will win game 6 and there will be a game 7. Then Heat win. The off to the Finals again! :rockon:

KG215
06-07-2012, 12:53 AM
For a stretch there it seemed like the Spurs lost every game they played after going up 2-0.

Derka
06-07-2012, 12:54 AM

As a Spurs fan, you're just salty as hell. I completely empathize. I remember Game 7 in 2010 and feeling exactly the same way. If the game was called fairly, OKC probably could have shot a lot more free throws...Spurs D was slow as hell most of the second half. A lot of reaches, a lot of hacks and pushes. OKC was contesting everything at the rim and being stalwartly more aggressive. The calls went their way as a result. I'll completely admit that OKC got the benefit of some whistles on flops, but the truth is the Spurs coughed up an 18 point lead. That's not a screw job.

RoseCity07
06-07-2012, 12:55 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m58cnwiPdQ1r7x8lto1_500.jpg

Tim Duncan never complains about the refs. Never. For Duncan to say something you know there had to be some really bad officiating going on. Is there a more obvious example of bias as when Jackson got called for a technical foul?

I think that technical foul is as absurd as Joey Crawford throwing Duncan out from the bench. Come to think of it wasn't it Joey Crawford who called that technical? Why the f*ck was this guy allowed to call this game? Joey Crawford should never ref another game again. He needs to be fired. Refs need to know they aren't above the game. Either he hates the Spurs or he is following Stern's orders.

oh the horror
06-07-2012, 12:56 AM
As a Spurs fan, you're just salty as hell.

Im not a Spurs or a Thunder fan, and I saw a good chunk of key plays in the second half where the Spurs were absolutely robbed. Good momentum plays too.

Droid101
06-07-2012, 12:56 AM

Tim Duncan never complains about the refs. Never. For Duncan to say something you know there had to be some really bad officiating going on. Is there a more obvious example of bias as when Jackson got called for a technical foul?

I think that technical foul is as absurd as Joey Crawford throwing Duncan out from the bench. Come to think of it wasn't it Joey Crawford who called that technical? Why the f*ck was this guy allowed to call this game? Joey Crawford should never ref another game again. He needs to be fired. Refs need to know they aren't above the game. Either he hates the Spurs or he is following Stern's orders.
You sound a little mad, bro.

oh the horror
06-07-2012, 12:57 AM
Tim Duncan is a cry baby now? What has the world come to? Shut up, Duncan. The better team won. The Spurs are old and done. Just like the Celtics. The Heat will win game 6 and there will be a game 7. Then Heat win. The off to the Finals again! :rockon:

Right, and if the Celtics get the calls, you'll be on here tomorrow evening crying along with Timmy.

oh the horror
06-07-2012, 12:58 AM
You know what cracks me up? Why is it so outrageous and far fetched to consider that perhaps the league favors a particular team advancing over another?

Derka
06-07-2012, 01:00 AM
Im not a Spurs or a Thunder fan, and I saw a good chunk of key plays in the second half where the Spurs were absolutely robbed. Good momentum plays too.

The Manu call on the baseline was a 50/50 and really the only one I disagreed with. He DID push Harden, but not as hard as Harden sold it on the flop. Had Harden not done that, it would have been a no-call...but neither Harden NOR Manu ever met a flop they didn't take a chance on. I think it should have been a no-call and that took away a Leonard three-pointer.

All the others...kinda obvious, I thought. The Spurs got a bit lazy on both ends, mostly due to fatigue I think, and that's where fouls start happening.

Tenchi Ryu
06-07-2012, 01:00 AM
The crazy part for me is that it came from Timmy, he usually NEVER makes statements like this....

Derka
06-07-2012, 01:02 AM
You know what cracks me up? Why is it so outrageous and far fetched to consider that perhaps the league favors a particular team advancing over another?

Because it completely demolishes the raison d'etre of the game. It just becomes the WWE if the competitive aspect isn't maintained...but at least with the WWE, they let it be known right up front what they're doing.

The NBA doesn't do that. It'd be complete and utter suicide if the game was to pay these guys millions of dollars...all just to rig the ending. Young kids wouldn't even aspire to join the league unless they were supremely talented and guaranteed a ton of money.

Big#50
06-07-2012, 01:04 AM
As a Spurs fan, you're just salty as hell. I completely empathize. I remember Game 7 in 2010 and feeling exactly the same way. If the game was called fairly, OKC probably could have shot a lot more free throws...Spurs D was slow as hell most of the second half. A lot of reaches, a lot of hacks and pushes. OKC was contesting everything at the rim and being stalwartly more aggressive. The calls went their way as a result. I'll completely admit that OKC got the benefit of some whistles on flops, but the truth is the Spurs coughed up an 18 point lead. That's not a screw job.
I'm going to be completely honest, it was the refs.

Derka
06-07-2012, 01:05 AM
I'm going to be completely honest, it was the refs.

Sorry you feel that way, but it really wasn't. :(

nashwade
06-07-2012, 01:06 AM
call on parker fouling westbrooke at the end of 4th was bull. no contact!

Velocirap31
06-07-2012, 01:07 AM
call on parker fouling westbrooke at the end of 4th was bull. no contact!

omg! So obviously rigged!

oh the horror
06-07-2012, 01:08 AM
Because it completely demolishes the raison d'etre of the game. It just becomes the WWE if the competitive aspect isn't maintained...but at least with the WWE, they let it be known right up front what they're doing.

The NBA doesn't do that. It'd be complete and utter suicide if the game was to pay these guys millions of dollars...all just to rig the ending. Young kids wouldn't even aspire to join the league unless they were supremely talented and guaranteed a ton of money.

Im not saying they "rig the ending"....but I am starting to have this slight feeling that particular teams are "favored" a bit over others when it comes to the business aspect of this league.

If anything else....Stern is an absolute, and completely shrewd businessman. We've seen that out of him.

I dunno man....I didnt believe it before, but there seem to be so many little things going on where I begin to question what Im seeing....

I mean....small examples are officiating....then you get stuff like trades being vetoed....for "basketball reasons" only to turn around later, and that same team (that happens to be owned by the league) gets the number one pick...

Random moves here and there...Just all seems so strange.

MiseryCityTexas
06-07-2012, 01:09 AM

I think he's just following stern's orders because Joey helped the spurs win championships in the past with his shitty officiating.

Alamo
06-07-2012, 01:09 AM
This was the same home cooking the Thunder always get. You can't really call it rigged.

Big#50
06-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Sorry you feel that way, but it really wasn't. :(
Okay.

Derka
06-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Im not saying they "rig the ending"....but I am starting to have this slight feeling that particular teams are "favored" a bit over others when it comes to the business aspect of this league.

If anything else....Stern is an absolute, and completely shrewd businessman. We've seen that out of him.

I dunno man....I didnt believe it before, but there seem to be so many little things going on where I begin to question what Im seeing....

I mean....small examples are officiating....then you get stuff like trades being vetoed....for "basketball reasons" only to turn around later, and that same team (that happens to be owned by the league) gets the number one pick...

Random moves here and there...Just all seems so strange.

Well I'm not gonna lie...I happen to agree with New Orleans getting the first pick in the draft being rigged. That's a no-brainer to me.

But the stuff on the court? I don't buy it, especially not at the refereeing level. The problem, if any, with some of the refs is that they like to be a part of the action. Bill Kennedy is one of the worst at this I've ever seen...he can't just call a foul. He has to do a small tango and completely overact every single foul call he makes...like he's a f*cking showman out there...and he has to call a STRING of fouls to make sure everyone sees his moves. I don't think Stern's calling the games from the home office...I don't think the refs are betting...I just think there's an ego problem present there.

ConanRulesNBC
06-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Oh please. How can anyone say with a straight face that the refs didn't make some unbelievably terrible calls against the Spurs tonight?

Timmy D for MVP
06-07-2012, 01:15 AM
The officiating from day one of the playoffs has been horrific.

I'm sure it went both ways through the series. But the NBA needs to take a look at this during the offseason. It's just made for a bad product.

MontaEllis24
06-07-2012, 01:16 AM
im actually a ref giving fair calls fan, i did defend the ref on the boston Heat game but this game the disparity is just too big
OKC shot 31 FT to Spurs 18 thats about 45-46% more FT
OKC called for 18 fouls to Spurs 24
favor of OKC

Derka
06-07-2012, 01:19 AM
im actually a ref giving fair calls fan, i did defend the ref on the boston Heat game but this game the disparity is just too big
OKC shot 31 FT to Spurs 18 thats about 45-46% more FT
OKC called for 18 fouls to Spurs 24
favor of OKC

You defended Game 2 where Lebron James alone shoots almost as many free throws as the Celtics...but you're crying wolf when OKC shoots 13 more free throws than the jumpshooting Spurs? :biggums:

MontaEllis24
06-07-2012, 01:20 AM
You defended Game 2 where Lebron James alone shoots almost as many free throws as the Celtics...but you're crying wolf when OKC shoots 13 more free throws than the jumpshooting Spurs? :biggums:
actually i defended game 3 when the ft and PF disparity was 1-2
favor of boston

bmulls
06-07-2012, 01:21 AM
Well I'm not gonna lie...I happen to agree with New Orleans getting the first pick in the draft being rigged. That's a no-brainer to me.

But the stuff on the court? I don't buy it, especially not at the refereeing level. The problem, if any, with some of the refs is that they like to be a part of the action. Bill Kennedy is one of the worst at this I've ever seen...he can't just call a foul. He has to do a small tango and completely overact every single foul call he makes...like he's a f*cking showman out there...and he has to call a STRING of fouls to make sure everyone sees his moves. I don't think Stern's calling the games from the home office...I don't think the refs are betting...I just think there's an ego problem present there.

If anything it would be the reverse.

The NBA draft is audited by Ernst and Young, a mutli billion dollar accounting firm. They aren't going to risk their reputation to rig the draft for a franchise whose entire net worth is less than the profits they make in a month.

As far as I know there is no audit or checks/balances system for officiating. There's enough subjectivity written into the rulebook that it's feasible, however I just don't see a conspiracy involving dozens and dozens of people staying secret for very long.

BlackVVaves
06-07-2012, 01:22 AM
A few questionable calls in one quarter of one game does not lose you 4 straight games.

Cut it out.

ConanRulesNBC
06-07-2012, 01:24 AM
How can anyone seriously deny the refs favor certain players and teams? I love Michael Jordan but it pretty much all started with him in the NBA. All superstars and their teams get heavily favored by the refs.

Pro sports is ALL about money. People need to quit acting so surprised that games in sports get rigged.

nashwade
06-07-2012, 01:25 AM
if the NBA is rigged, OKC will lose the finals if they play Boston (just like how MIA lost last year)... to keep the hopes and hates and suspense going

OKCThunderUP
06-07-2012, 01:26 AM
lol @ blaming the refs

It's not the officials' fault OKC had a 124.9 offensive efficiency rating and 62 TS% in the 2nd half. That's bad defense, and it's what lost the Spurs the series and put them on a 4 game losing streak. OKC plays defense, Spurs don't. End of story.

bmulls
06-07-2012, 01:27 AM
How can anyone seriously deny the refs favor certain players and teams? I love Michael Jordan but it pretty much all started with him in the NBA. All superstars and their teams get heavily favored by the refs.

Pro sports is ALL about money. People need to quit acting so surprised that games in sports get rigged.

Pro sports are only worth a lot of money because people believe they are fair competitions.

If the league loses credibility it loses everything.

ConanRulesNBC
06-07-2012, 01:29 AM
lol @ blaming the refs

It's not the officials' fault OKC had a 124.9 offensive efficiency rating and 62 TS% in the 2nd half. That's bad defense, and it's what lost the Spurs the series and put them on a 4 game losing streak. OKC plays defense, Spurs don't. End of story.

Oh come on.

It IS the refs fault for...

Calling a technical foul on Stephen Jackson for just saying something to the Thunder bench

Not calling it when Ginobili clearly got fouled

Not calling it when one of the Spurs players was hit right in the head and dropped the ball out of bounds

Calling a foul on Ginobili that cost the Spurs the 3 pointer that Stephen Jackson made

Seriously. Anyone who says this game was called fairly is a ****ing idiot.

ConanRulesNBC
06-07-2012, 01:32 AM
Pro sports are only worth a lot of money because people believe they are fair competitions.

If the league loses credibility it loses everything.

But they're not fair competitions.

Go back to the world series in 1919 or just as recently as that NBA ref admitting that he bet on games.

Pro sports are always shady. Steroids, gambling.

Derka
06-07-2012, 01:32 AM
Oh come on.

It IS the refs fault for...

Calling a technical foul on Stephen Jackson for just saying something to the Thunder bench

Not calling it when Ginobili clearly got fouled

Not calling it when one of the Spurs players was hit right in the head and dropped the ball out of bounds

Calling a foul on Ginobili that cost the Spurs the 3 pointer that Stephen Jackson made

Seriously. Anyone who says this game was called fairly is a ****ing idiot.

None of that stuff dropped an 18 point lead. None of it.

ConanRulesNBC
06-07-2012, 01:33 AM

But it helped take points away from the Spurs and helped OKC.

Big#50
06-07-2012, 01:37 AM
Third quarter officiating was ****ing atrocious.

Derka
06-07-2012, 01:39 AM

The foul where Leonard's three-pointer was taken away by Manu's charge...complete 50/50 call. Harden just outflopped the flopper. And yeah, Tony Parker didn't touch Westbrook on his +1 and the official had a bad angle and just assumed the contact was there. But none of that stuff broke the Spurs' back.

San Antonio had plenty of chances to win this game after choking away a huge lead. They shot like complete garbage in the second half. Tony Parker and Tim Duncan disappeared because of OKC's defensive adjustments. They had THREE CHANCES at a wide open three pointer after consecutive offensive rebounds and plenty of open shots in between that they just didn't make. Then OKC got aggressive and started crashing the rim and scoring. Despite all this, SA STILL HAD THEIR CHANCES. Who contested Fisher and Harden's backbreaking three point shots? Nobody. Who slowed down Kevin Durant from getting whatever shot he wanted out there? Nobody.

The refs were not the difference in this game. OKC outplaying the Spurs is what did it, plain and simple.

The_Yearning
06-07-2012, 01:40 AM

You'll be changing your tune when Miami gets all the calls tomorrow... in the garden.

Derka
06-07-2012, 01:42 AM
You'll be changing your tune when Miami gets all the calls tomorrow... in the garden.

If Miami doesn't get the calls on the Garden floor now that OKC is in the Finals, I'd be stunned.

shady6121
06-07-2012, 01:49 AM

I doubt it, Heat games are watched closely and there was a national outcry after the awful officiating in Games 1-2 of the series, if something like that happens again the national outcry would be severely worse imo.

OKCThunderUP
06-07-2012, 02:09 AM

No it didn't. The Spurs shot 32% in the second half and allowed OKC to score 59 points.

Put this on the officials all you want. Just makes you look like a ****ing moron.

OmniStrife
06-07-2012, 02:16 AM
Refs gave the game to OKC on a silver platter.
Spurs should've won this.

I am a Suns fan, your arguments are invalid, OKC fans.

Da Hammer
06-07-2012, 02:18 AM
Would a OKC fan even admit to there team being gifted there first NBA Finals Appearance? :lol Just like Heat fans couldn't admit that Boston didnt get screwed game 2. One thing is being biased and another thing is blind/ignorant.

Xiengqichess
06-07-2012, 03:00 AM
I am not a Spurs' fan but the refs gave every calls to the Thunders in the 2nd half. The Manu charge costs the Spurs 3 points and chance to come back.
I think they will make Miami-OKC final unless Boston play extremely well tomorrow.
I'll pray for Boston. Amen

50inchvertical
06-07-2012, 03:11 AM
Spurs got the calls early in the game, I thought we got them late though. Shit happens. They shot 32% in the 2nd half. They were up 18 at one point, we shouldn't have even been able to get back in the game. They chocked.

apesta
06-07-2012, 03:35 AM
Refs made it very difficult for Spurs to comeback in the 4th. But they have themselves to blame with giving up a big lead. Parker was totally non existence in the 2nd half. Tim Duncan played indecisive most of the 2nd half. However, in the 4th the refs were calling in favor of OKC. There were at least 5-6 points that eventually got taken away because of miscall. Its hard for Spurs to come back when they already lost momentum and refs being one sided.

reppy
06-07-2012, 03:39 AM
Here's ISH in a nutshell:

Idiot: OMG!!! HORNETS GOT #1 PICK!! HORNETS ARE OWNED BY NBA!!! FOMG CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!

One week later...

Angry fan: Man, **** that game! Refs made all the calls in favor of Team X in the 4th quarter! The league favors more popular teams!

Idiot: LOL u mad brah? League ain't rigged you just cryin' cause your team is fishin'

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not saying this game was rigged.

Teanett
06-07-2012, 06:31 AM
i like durant, but the game semmed to be rigged.
i have no interest in either team advancing, i respect them both.
i've never seen so many shitty calls in my entire life.

ILLsmak
06-07-2012, 06:56 AM
Spurs got the calls early in the game, I thought we got them late though. Shit happens. They shot 32% in the 2nd half. They were up 18 at one point, we shouldn't have even been able to get back in the game. They chocked.

Yeah, I wish they could just be real about calls, but this is what seemed to happen. What other game was that where the Spurs started getting calls right from the beginning? Was that Game 5? I think it was.

-Smak

Blue&Orange
06-07-2012, 07:11 AM
Maybe it's because that line of thinking that you see rigged jobs everywhere?

Charles Barkley may like to make fun of Oklahoma City and San Antonio for not being the most cosmopolitan of locales, but all eyes are on them right now. Through the first four games, ratings for the Western Conference finals on TNT are up 7 percent compared with the 2011 series on ESPN in which Dallas beat the Thunder. TNT says it is on pace for the second-highest rated playoffs in its 28 years of broadcasting the games.
Can you explain us why does the league favors OKC over the spurs? Spurs is giving better rating than Dallas vs OKC.

OKC won 4 in a row, one of the two games they lost, they blew a big lead. OKC dominated the series, period.

Fiasco
06-07-2012, 07:41 AM
We feel you, Timmy.

ninephive
06-07-2012, 08:35 AM
No it didn't. The Spurs shot 32% in the second half and allowed OKC to score 59 points.

Put this on the officials all you want. Just makes you look like a ****ing moron.
Everyone on this forum is saying how terrible it was called besides OKC fans. I guess we're all morons.

Look, everyone knows it's not going to be perfect, but the "catch-up" officiating is what can kill a team. Spurs were on the brink of blowing it open to 20-25 in the second quarter when it all started. Spurs were completely having their way and getting anything they wanted and at one point a no-call at one end and charge called block at the other began the turn...kept OKC within striking distance. Then we all saw the 3rd and 4th quarters.

06-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Everyone on this forum is saying how terrible it was called besides OKC fans. I guess we're all morons.

Look, everyone knows it's not going to be perfect, but the "catch-up" officiating is what can kill a team. Spurs were on the brink of blowing it open to 20-25 in the second quarter when it all started. Spurs were completely having their way and getting anything they wanted and at one point a no-call at one end and charge called block at the other began the turn...kept OKC within striking distance. Then we all saw the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Uhh I'm certainly not an OKC fan and I could care less about the officiating, the Spurs got beat. When will you guys grow up and understand that in sports sometimes the refereeing benefits one team more than the other, its just inherent if you simply think about officiating as a whole. It's gonna happen to a team you want to win again in your lifetime, are you gonna go cry like a bitch every single time? Or are you gonna understand that shit doesn't go your way all the time, that life isn't 100% fair.

triangleoffense
06-07-2012, 09:51 AM
They did, and they were game changing whistles too. It was disgusting to watch. The refs were literally part of 5 point swings where a spurs player would hit a 3, it would get waved off and then an OKC player would score.

please stern just make this shit fair.

Teanett
06-07-2012, 09:54 AM
it's a fukking shame.

OldSchoolBBall
06-07-2012, 09:55 AM

That was DEFINITELY an offensive foul on Gino. Come on. The aerial camera replay showed how he blasted Harden by running into him well after he got the ball. Had he stopped a step sooner to set that screen, it wouldn't have ben a foul, but he took another step and nailed Harden, which A) is a moving screen and B) was a ton of excessive contact from Ginobili.

pmj
06-07-2012, 09:59 AM
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Milwaukee+Bucks+v+Oklahoma+City+Thunder+ejgQaCzh4I tl.jpg

Boston are screwed tomorrow.
The deal went down last night.
Its completed, and half of its have been fulfilled.

Why do people assume Stern wants Lebron vs. Durant? I think it's just as likely he could want to get the golden boy who hugs his mom his first ring.

The last 3 games MIA-BOS have been called either evenly or heavily favoring Boston, depending on whether you dislike or like the Heat, respectively. (obviously understanding Game 2's missed call at the end) Not that I subscribe to conspiracy theories, I think Bill Simmons meltdown about fouls did greatly influence things though, just like Phil used to make a big deal about stuff though.

AI Thornton
09-11-2014, 09:50 PM
Bump

CJ Mustard
09-11-2014, 10:09 PM
Bump
Why?

lilteapot
09-11-2014, 11:15 PM
Why?
to reiterate the fact that tim duncan is one of the biggest complainers in the NBA

J Shuttlesworth
09-12-2014, 12:07 AM
I'm starting to agree with Hamtaro that Duncan isn't as likable as people make it about to be. Same w/ KD

Nowitness
09-12-2014, 12:22 AM
I'm starting to agree with Hamtaro that Duncan isn't as likable as people make it about to be. Same w/ KD

based onwhat ?.

Bandito
09-12-2014, 01:25 AM
based onwhat ?.
On his unrequited love on Lebron:lol