PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A. Smith ESPN Put Refs and Stern On Blast

TheBluest
05-28-2012, 11:54 PM
WOW I wonder if ESPN will get censored by the NBA and Stern

He basically called the League Phony and somebody has to put an end to this

GoRapz
05-28-2012, 11:54 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Scholar
05-28-2012, 11:57 PM
When, where and why?

Scratch the "why?" part. It's already obvious why.

AngelEyes
05-28-2012, 11:57 PM
WOW I wonder if ESPN will get censored by the NBA and Stern

He basically called the League Phony and somebody has to put an end to this

Good for him, proves he's capable of having an intelligent basketball thought without screaming at the asshat opposite him.

SIRI1
05-28-2012, 11:59 PM
Ed Malloy should never be allowed to ref a conference finals game. Guy is awful.

TheBluest
05-29-2012, 12:00 AM
The latter of what I quoted were his exact words.....

SVP and the other guy even implied maybe SAS might have thought best to contact Stern and Stu before making these claims and SAS basically said for what...

They are the ones responsible for putting the refs in the spotlight therefore they are fair game for criticism if they don't do their job. He then cited JVG trying to make sense of what took place and the camera angles catching everything and said there's no excuse for this.

No one wants to watch this and you're cheating Boston/fans/competition/ by allowing this to happen.

He went off

STERN EXPOSED AGAIN

AngelEyes
05-29-2012, 12:00 AM
Ed Malloy should never be allowed to ref a conference finals game. Guy is awful.

That same exact line is said about literally ever ref in the NBA, you need someone to ref these games.

Apogee
05-29-2012, 12:03 AM
It needs to happen. Refs have way to much power in changing the way a game is played. They can literally shift the momentum and give one team the advantage. What can realistically be done about the refs though? They have been a problem for years.

icewill36
05-29-2012, 12:04 AM
i cannot believe you guys actually believe doc got a tech for saying come on. he had been in his ear and the ref was waiting for the right time to stop play

Meticode
05-29-2012, 12:05 AM
i cannot believe you guys actually believe doc got a tech for saying come on. he had been in his ear and the ref was waiting for the right time to stop play
You've said this like 4 times now tonight. You're T'd up for it. Another time and I'm T'ing you up again and your banned.

Miserio
05-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Did you watch the whole game?

icewill36
05-29-2012, 12:11 AM
You've said this like 4 times now tonight. You're T'd up for it. Another time and I'm T'ing you up again and your banned.

yes i saw the whole game

Zedja
05-29-2012, 12:12 AM

yes i saw the whole game
stfu bandwagoner.

nba_55
05-29-2012, 12:16 AM
He s mad because before the series he said Pierce was Lebron s kryptonite. :lol :oldlol: :oldlol:
Nice one! Tonight s game was pure evidence of that.

GoRapz
05-29-2012, 12:17 AM
i need audio of this asap

wang4three
05-29-2012, 12:18 AM
He'll be shunned out the same way Jim Gray was. Or Peter Vescey. Those guys went from always being on the forefront of NBA news to an afterthought.

Yung D-Will
05-29-2012, 12:24 AM
My problem with the refs is they have the abilty to call series well and let teams play physical as we clearly saw when Memphis faced Lac and old school grind it out tough nosed ball was encourged which is why it was the best series of the playoffs. Then a couple weeks later you have every little foul being called in the conference finals. What goes through a refs head that makes them think , " Ok Memphis is playing Lac so I'll let them pound the hell out of each other" But " Miami is playing Boston so I'll call techs and touch fouls". That's why all these stern conspricacies come up, Not because people belive them but because of the sharp contast between officiating between differnt series often times with the same refs. It's often time the exact same contact being let go in one series is called everytime in another.

comerb
05-29-2012, 12:28 AM
My problem with the refs is they have the abilty to call series well and let teams play physical as we clearly saw when Memphis faced Lac and old school grind it out tough nosed ball was encourged which is why it was the best series of the playoffs. Then a couple weeks later you have every little foul being called in the conference finals. What goes through a refs head that makes them think , " Ok Memphis is playing Lac so I'll let them pound the hell out of each other" But " Miami is playing Boston so I'll call techs and touch fouls". That's why all these stern conspricacies come up, Not because people belive them but because of the sharp contast between officiating between differnt series often times with the same refs. It's often time the exact same contact being let go in one series is called everytime in another.

Because if Wade or Rondo get injured as a result of an overly physical contest, the NBA will lose millions in ratings revenue. They already lost a shitload of money on the Rose injury. Considering all the playoff injury problems are you really surprised they are calling things tight? The last thing Stern wants is for all stars to get injured and cast a shadow on the playoffs.

UtahJazzFan88
05-29-2012, 12:28 AM
Thread is worthless without audio/video.

Yung D-Will
05-29-2012, 12:31 AM
Because if Wade or Rondo get injured as a result of an overly physical contest, the NBA will lose millions in ratings revenue. They already lost a shitload of money on the Rose injury. Considering all the playoff injury problems are you really surprised they are calling things tight?

Bs, The Clippers-Mem series featuring Cp3 and Griffen two of the nba's poterchilds had about 100 uncalled fouls on both teams.

Injuries happen regardless of physical contact so that's not a good excuse either. Look at some of the major injuries we had this year, Rubio ended his season going around a Kobe pick whiles D-Rose ended his season just jumping in the air.

All physical play does is keep the flow of the game and allow teams to play defense without getting called for tick tac fouls.

And in terms of ratings you have a large amount of people tuning out the playoffs because of how soft the refs officiate.

TheBluest
05-29-2012, 12:33 AM

Watch ESPN now they'll more than likely re-do his segment within the next 10-15min

comerb
05-29-2012, 12:35 AM
Bs, The Clippers-Mem series featuring Cp3 and Griffen two of the nba's poterchilds had about 100 uncalled fouls on both teams.

Injuries happen regardless of physical contact so that's not a good excuse either. Look at some of the major injuries we had this year, Rubio ended his season going around a Kobe pick whiles D-Rose ended his season just jumping in the air.

All physical play does is keep the flow of the game and allow teams to play defense without getting called for tick tac fouls.

The Clippers are not anywhere near a Championship caliber team. Your not thinking like an executive of a major sports franchise, your trying to justify it like a fan.

Ad no, you don't have tons of fans tuning out. That's just nonsense.

tpols
05-29-2012, 12:36 AM

And in terms of ratings you have a large amount of people tuning out the playoffs because of how soft the refs officiate.
Yup pretty much exactly. Rose didnt even get hurt on physical contact. And Lebron is indestructible. If anything Boston is at a disadvantage if they allow for physical play.

Yung D-Will
05-29-2012, 12:37 AM
The Clippers are not anywhere near a Championship caliber team
So basiclly every series against a contender should be played differntly because the refs are gonna baby them?

I just can't co-sign on that notion

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-29-2012, 12:39 AM

wanted to watch a good game...turned off the TV after KG got the tech...

this is why everybody hates the Heat...I mean give them home court adv calls but just dont be so blatant about it

NattyPButter
05-29-2012, 12:40 AM
The refs and Stern made Boston shoot 52.4% FT, 28.6 from the 3 and 39.5 FG% riighhttt.:banghead:

triangleoffense
05-29-2012, 12:47 AM
This.

Reverend Hoops
05-29-2012, 12:49 AM
Refs only matter when the team has a significant fanbase.

Droid101
05-29-2012, 12:59 AM
Because if Wade or Rondo get injured as a result of an overly physical contest, the NBA will lose millions in ratings revenue. They already lost a shitload of money on the Rose injury. Considering all the playoff injury problems are you really surprised they are calling things tight? The last thing Stern wants is for all stars to get injured and cast a shadow on the playoffs.
Rose wasn't touched by another player when he injured himself.

In fact, I'd guess about 80% of NBA injuries have nothing to do with any other player on the court. Maybe 85%.

Droid101
05-29-2012, 01:00 AM
The refs and Stern made Boston shoot 52.4% FT, 28.6 from the 3 and 39.5 FG% riighhttt.:banghead:
Yeah don't you know? Stern puts magnets in the ball and on the rim. If he wants a shot to miss, he presses a button after they shoot it so it can't go through (due to the polarization).

bladefd
05-29-2012, 01:02 AM

its up:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7981986

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7981987/2012-nba-playoffs-boston-celtics-coach-doc-rivers-calls-technical-foul-worst-ever-had

sunsfan1357
05-29-2012, 01:04 AM
:oldlol: @ Arian Foster's tweet in the ESPN clip

AngelEyes
05-29-2012, 01:04 AM
its up:

Actual good content from Screamin A Smith for once, none of the absurd theatrics he puts on with his annoying tight faced buddy.

TheBluest
05-29-2012, 02:00 AM
Fall Back!

RaininTwos
05-29-2012, 02:01 AM
well said

wpdougie2180
05-29-2012, 02:02 AM

Did you watch the game every time boston went to the basket they were hammered but didn't get a call (ie Rondo's patented hakeem move where Lebron literally hit him in the head then ran him over to get the block no call/shot clock violation). That had nothing to do with it at all or the play that lead to Ray's tech where he stole the ball but instead was called for a phantom foul then a tech then mike miller hit a 3 that's a potential 6 to 7 point swing that only happened because of bad officiating and there are lots more.

ihoopallday
05-29-2012, 02:04 AM
Duncan once got thrown out for laughing on the bench. :facepalm NBA refs are pathetic, but let's not act like they only favor Miami. They've done the same for Boston, Lakers, etc. Obviously fans turn the other cheek when it's their team benefiting from the refs. Me, I have to admit the refs were out of control today. I saw a couple of plays where James screamed at an official. If they're going to call that on Ray, do it for James.

TheBluest
05-29-2012, 02:08 AM
Duncan once got thrown out for laughing on the bench. :facepalm NBA refs are pathetic, but let's not act like they only favor Miami. They've done the same for Boston, Lakers, etc. Obviously fans turn the other cheek when it's their team benefiting from the refs. Me, I have to admit the refs were out of control today. I saw a couple of plays where James screamed at an official. If they're going to call that on Ray, do it for James.

For all the complaining Wade does when he gets non foul calls you'd think he'd lead the league in technicals...

No one believes the refs decided the game or were the reason the Celtics lost but they took any edge or potential gain from the Celtics by how they officiated the game.

The Celtics have to play better but NBA refs are the worst in all of sports.

Sarcastic
05-29-2012, 02:15 AM

Because no one bitched about the refs with the Laker/Kings in 2002? :confusedshrug:

tpols
05-29-2012, 02:16 AM
Because no one bitched about the refs with the Laker/Kings in 2002? :confusedshrug:
Lakers had a giant fanbase just like the heat.

TheBluest
05-29-2012, 02:18 AM

You mean Lakers had a giant fanbase like the Celtics.

The Heat do not have a national following arena to arena meanwhile there are Boston and Laker Fans everywhere

Knicksfever2010
05-29-2012, 02:33 AM
this reminds me of earlier today. I played a pickup basketball game, got elbowed in the head, and guys were like, "really? - get up"

Sarcastic
05-29-2012, 02:45 AM

What? No one said the Lakers got robbed. They won that series.

LakersReign
05-29-2012, 02:55 AM
its up:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7981987/2012-nba-playoffs-boston-celtics-coach-doc-rivers-calls-technical-foul-worst-ever-had

Stephen A is right, it doesn't make any logical sense unless there is a clear directive from the NBA. You could explain away the Game 1 calls vs the Knicks, but to have the exact same thing happen only difference being, the other team got a bunch of techs, is obvious something is going on in favor of the Heat.:facepalm

CardiacKemba
05-29-2012, 02:55 AM
wanted to watch a good game...turned off the TV after KG got the tech...

this is why everybody hates the Heat...I mean give them home court adv calls but just dont be so blatant about it

:facepalm

A Lakers fan has no right to be so inadvertently disgusted in refereeing decisions swaying towards a team.

The refereeing calls (the tech calls anyway, they were quite laughable) were obviously favouring the home team heavily, but they didn't decide the outcome of the game. Miami were simply the better team. You think the refs forced Boston to shoot 35%? By all means be critical, but show more consideration for the game as a whole.

ThatsGame
05-29-2012, 02:57 AM
Yep. Celtics lost because of a technical foul.

CardiacKemba
05-29-2012, 02:57 AM
For all the complaining Wade does when he gets non foul calls you'd think he'd lead the league in technicals...

No one believes the refs decided the game or were the reason the Celtics lost but they took any edge or potential gain from the Celtics by how they officiated the game.

The Celtics have to play better but NBA refs are the worst in all of sports.

I actually do agree with this, and I'm a Heat fan. It also sets somewhat of a tone for the next game, i.e. the Celtics will have the mentality that they won't get away with anything so might hold back.

bluechox2
05-29-2012, 03:05 AM
same way the refs took the knicks out in game 1

32MJ32
05-29-2012, 03:15 AM
I've seen a lot of childish and/or ridiculous over-reactions to officiating on this board during the playoffs, but I think today's takes the cake.

5 technicals, of which 3 were warranted (illegal defense, a delay of game on KG, for which the Celtics were already warned (as the rule states), and Rondo shoving Battier after a made basket), that resulted in 2 points (Miami went 2 of 5 on their technical free throws), in a 14 point loss.

We're up in arms over the officials giving two over-zealous T's in a 14 point game? Really? This is the same league that ejected Tim Duncan for laughing from the bench and called T's like they were going out of fashion during the "zero tolerance" era of 2010. We're going to pretend like this is the first time someone got a T they didn't deserve?

And, more importantly, we're going to pretend like it affected the outcome of the game and NEEDS TO BE STAMPED OUT>!>!>!???!?!??

Here's why Boston lost: they scored 79. 35 of that came in the 2nd quarter. They shot 39% from the field and 52% from the line.

And, finally, we're going to pretend like Stephen A. Smith is a barometer for when people should be outraged? He's paid to be outraged. He's outraged right now and he's asleep. The man wakes up, pours some outrage on his outrage flakes, puts on his favourite outrage and tie and drives his Nissan Outrage to First Take every morning.

Good grief.

clayton
05-29-2012, 03:17 AM
The irony is huge from Lakers fans.

therammingman
05-29-2012, 03:18 AM
I've seen a lot of childish and/or ridiculous over-reactions to officiating on this board during the playoffs, but I think today's takes the cake.

5 technicals, of which 3 were warranted (illegal defense, a delay of game on KG, for which the Celtics were already warned (as the rule states), and Rondo shoving Battier after a made basket), that resulted in 2 points (Miami went 2 of 5 on their technical free throws), in a 14 point loss.

We're up in arms over the officials giving two over-zealous T's in a 14 point game? Really? This is the same league that ejected Tim Duncan for laughing from the bench and called T's like they were going out of fashion during the "zero tolerance" era of 2010. We're going to pretend like this is the first time someone got a T they didn't deserve?

And, more importantly, we're going to pretend like it affected the outcome of the game and NEEDS TO BE STAMPED OUT>!>!>!???!?!??

Here's why Boston lost: they scored 79. 35 of that came in the 2nd quarter. They shot 39% from the field and 52% from the line.

And, finally, we're going to pretend like Stephen A. Smith is a barometer for when people should be outraged? He's paid to be outraged. He's outraged right now and he's asleep. The man wakes up, pours some outrage on his outrage flakes, puts on his favourite outrage and tie and drives his Nissan Outrage to First Take every morning.

Good grief.

sounds logical

bdreason
05-29-2012, 03:21 AM
Blaming the refs in a game where Boston got handled and shot poorly? The more physical this series gets, the worse it is for Boston. This isn't the 2008 Boston Celtics. They still play good team defense, but they are far from physical.

Refs let them play more? Advantage Miami.

Refs call more fouls? Advantage Miami.

Boston just better pray Ray and Pierce hit more jumpers, because that's the only way they will even get a win in this series. KG is playing inspired basketball, but he can't be expected to man the paint and drop 30 ppg.

32MJ32
05-29-2012, 03:22 AM

You will not find me blaming any losses, Laker or otherwise, on the refs.

And if this is about the long conspiracy between the Lakers, Stern and the refs, that always results in the Lakers making the Finals... when does that start this year? Is it too late already? Can we get the Lakers parachuted straight into the Finals now and have the Spurs and OKC play off for the NBA equivalent of the Intercontinental title?

We can?

YES!

bdreason
05-29-2012, 03:26 AM

Heat have a large fanbase? :oldlol:

Larger than the Celtics? :roll:

And why are OKC and SAS in the WCF's? Because of their large fanbases? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Man, I love conspiracy theorists. Always give me a good laugh.

32MJ32
05-29-2012, 03:27 AM
Blaming the refs in a game where Boston got handled and shot poorly? The more physical this series gets, the worse it is for Boston. This isn't the 2008 Boston Celtics. They still play good team defense, but they are far from physical.

Refs let them play more? Advantage Miami.

Refs call more fouls? Advantage Miami.

Boston just better pray Ray and Pierce hit more jumpers, because that's the only way they will even get a win in this series. KG is playing inspired basketball, but he can't be expected to man the paint and drop 30 ppg.

Well put.

And I'd like to note, for all you posters with PHD's in free throw disparity (I know you're out there!), the C's shot 21 free throws. The Heat shot 23.

As a neutral fan, I thought the game was well called, aside from the quick T's on Ray and Doc. Shitty T's are given out in about 95% of NBA games these days, though - I can't believe this is such a big deal.

LakersReign
05-29-2012, 03:28 AM

Yeah...the NBA is ONLY rigged for the Lakers and that's exactly why Stern killed the Chris Paul trade....right?(yawn):sleeping

reppy
05-29-2012, 04:28 AM
Yeah...the NBA is ONLY rigged for the Lakers and that's exactly why Stern killed the Chris Paul trade....right?(yawn):sleeping

Stern "killed" it because he knew if he let it go through it'd be the last thing he did as commissioner. Don't get it twisted: the owners really called the shots on that, not Stern.

CardiacKemba
05-29-2012, 04:33 AM
Stern "killed" it because he knew if he let it go through it'd be the last thing he did as commissioner. Don't get it twisted: the owners really called the shots on that, not Stern.

This.

LakersReign
05-29-2012, 04:33 AM

Please, not this load of hot garbage....AGAIN:rolleyes:

He killed it cuz it was going to make the Lakers a serious title contender this year. Simple as that. So, how does that equate to the NBA being rigged for the Lakers? It doesn't and never did.

mrpibb
05-29-2012, 04:37 AM
Please, not this load of hot garbage....AGAIN:rolleyes:

He killed it cuz it was going to make the Lakers a serious title contender this year. Simple as that. So, how does that equate to the NBA being rigged for the Lakers? It doesn't and never did.

Wow, if that isn't the most blatantly biased pile of horse shit I've read in a long time...

LakersReign
05-29-2012, 04:39 AM
....is really all this clown can think of to say now cuz the truth really does hurt...doesn't it?:applause:

Yeah Stern killed the Paul trade cuz of the owners, which explains exactly why the deal was already agreed upon and waiting for his approval......right? So...if AS YOU SAY, the deal wasn't going to improve the Lakers, then why kill it then? Why again, AS YOU SAY, would the owners supposedly object to it? Keeping in mind NONE of that backs up this ridiculous theory of the NBA supposedly ONLY being rigged for the Lakers.:hammerhead:

Try again:no:

Richesly
05-29-2012, 05:43 AM
Are Celtic fans really doing this?

Hawks got screwed out of game 6, no?

Stop being a ****ing baby, Celtics suck. They needed Stern to beat the Hawks.

kNIOKAS
05-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Are Celtic fans really doing this?

Hawks got screwed out of game 6, no?

Stop being a ****ing baby, Celtics suck. They needed Stern to beat the Hawks.
Just drop it. Hawks wasn't the better team 4 years ago, it wasn't the better team this year.

People saying "Cs didn't lose because of technicals they received, but because they played poorly" absolutely missing the point. There are always countless factors that cause the outcome of the game, and that's why we enjoy this game.

The point is, those techs were undeserved and they all were called in a short period of time. Many bad calls (especially as penalising as tech) grouped in short time span do effect the game a great deal. That shouldn't happen.

TheNaturalWR
05-29-2012, 07:55 AM
Just drop it. Hawks wasn't the better team 4 years ago, it wasn't the better team this year.

People saying "Cs didn't lose because of technicals they received, but because they played poorly" absolutely missing the point. There are always countless factors that cause the outcome of the game, and that's why we enjoy this game.

The point is, those techs were undeserved and they all were called in a short period of time. Many bad calls (especially as penalising as tech) grouped in short time span do effect the game a great deal. That shouldn't happen.

Unless the bad calls cause a DRASTIC change in the outcome of the game this is irrelevant. Miami was winning tonight either way. When Paul Pierce and Ray Allen don't even show up how do you guys expect to win?

Glide2keva
05-29-2012, 09:19 AM
I was just disgusted with how Miami was allowed to maul the Celtics, but if they breathed on the Heat wrong it was a foul or a techincal.

I have no dog in this fight, yet I'm just disgusted with that game last night.

RaininTwos
05-29-2012, 09:57 AM

This is the biggest load of bullshit I have ever seen.

If you are going to complain about how the refs did your team wrong, they you should acknowledge it when it happens to other teams like Atlanta. The refs blew a series of calls down the stretch in game 6 and no one is salty over it. It's a valid point. When the Hawks got screwed, C's fans laughed and said Hawk fans were "salty" and "bitter". Now you guys get some bad T's in the second quarter and cry more than Hawks fans did. The calls in game 6 actually did affect the game, since that it was at the end of the damn game, not in the second quarter.:rolleyes:

Both situations shouldn't happen but people are blowing this shit out of proportion. You know what was the most disgusting sight yesterday? The C's absolutely horrific defense. I don't know how many lanes to the basket Bron and Wade are going to have before you guys realize that you have to stop their penetration.

Just look at the shot chart for Wade and Bron. :oldlol:

Now go ahead and say some bullshit and post links to my predictions. :sleeping

ihoopallday
05-29-2012, 11:23 AM

If you are going to complain about how the refs did your team wrong, they you should acknowledge it when it happens to other teams like Atlanta. The refs blew a series of calls down the stretch in game 6 and no one is salty over it. It's a valid point. When the Hawks got screwed, C's fans laughed and said Hawk fans were "salty" and "bitter". Now you guys get some bad T's in the second quarter and cry more than Hawks fans did. The calls in game 6 actually did affect the game, since that it was at the end of the damn game, not in the second quarter.:rolleyes:

Both situations shouldn't happen but people are blowing this shit out of proportion. You know what was the most disgusting sight yesterday? The C's absolutely horrific defense. I don't know how many lanes to the basket Bron and Wade are going to have before you guys realize that you have to stop their penetration.

This. No one is denying Boston was getting unfair calls. It's just hypocritical to complain about it when it's happening to your team, but ignore it when it benefits you.

LBJMVP
05-29-2012, 11:25 AM

the league owned the hornets correct?
plus stern was trying to sell the team.

now, as an owner... why would i want to give the lakers a huge chance to win the championship for years to come.

and if i was buying a team why would i want scola, martin, odom and dragic.
i wouldnt buy that team. you are probly gonna get a very high lottery pick.

other way around you get eric gordon, kaman, and al faraq aminu.
much younger and you get a high lottery pick.

makes alot more sense. stern defintely got a much better deal with the clipper and made a great choice not to make the trade to the lakers.

i hate how lakers fans say "vetoed"
the league owned the team and chose not to go through with it, deal with it.

stallionaire
05-29-2012, 11:26 AM

Well said. Celtics fans are really dense and ignorant.

Blue&Orange
05-29-2012, 11:40 AM
The same refs did much, much worse to the Knicks in game 1 and celtics fans were cracking jokes.

ProfessorMurder
05-29-2012, 11:42 AM

What about the bullshit end of game 1 in Atlanta? Both teams got f*cked in the end of one of the games that series.

These techs didn't cost the C's the game, because they played terribly outside of KG/Rondo... But they did hurt the Celtics' already shitty flow, and how can Pierce and Rondo get 0 combined FTAs when most of their shots are off of drives?

Sarcastic
05-29-2012, 11:48 AM
The same refs did much, much worse to the Knicks in game 1 and celtics fans were cracking jokes.

At least the free throws were close last night.

In game 1 with the Knicks, the Heat took something like 23 extra free throws in the first half.

RaininTwos
05-29-2012, 11:48 AM
What about the bullshit end of game 1 in Atlanta? Both teams got f*cked in the end of one of the games that series.

These techs didn't cost the C's the game, because they played terribly outside of KG/Rondo... But they did hurt the Celtics' already shitty flow, and how can Pierce and Rondo get 0 combined FTAs when most of their shots are off of drives?

I didnt see game 1. What happened?

I agree with the Pierce/Rondo stuff though. They were driving hard, but didn't get any calls. It was bad last night, no doubt.

My problem with him and others is the hypocrisy. You can't laugh at someone else getting screwed and then cry wolf when it happens to you. If you are against bad calls, you should knock them regardless of which team is screwed.

LAClipsFan33
05-29-2012, 11:56 AM
I was just disgusted with how Miami was allowed to maul the Celtics, but if they breathed on the Heat wrong it was a foul or a techincal.

I was ROOTING for the Heat...sadly I was just as disgusted. The Heat were fouling the sh*t out of the Celtics...no call. Graze Wade's arm ? Contest Lebron's shot ? Free Throws.

ProfessorMurder
05-29-2012, 12:00 PM
I didnt see game 1. What happened?

I agree with the Pierce/Rondo stuff though. They were driving hard, but didn't get any calls. It was bad last night, no doubt.

My problem with him and others is the hypocrisy. You can't laugh at someone else getting screwed and then cry wolf when it happens to you. If you are against bad calls, you should knock them regardless of which team is screwed.

Boston had a late comeback and had momentum until a ref called a ball out of bounds of off Rondo, when it was clearly off of Smif... Then the Hawks fumble the ball, KG/Bass/Smif all are on the ground which should've been a jump ball in my opinion (and Chuck/Shaq/Kenny/etc.). That was the same ref that just screwed Rondo on the last play so Rondo got t'd up, then bumped him and got kicked out of the game and suspended for game 2... Then they called an illegal screen on KG when the Celtics were down 4 with like 40 seconds left. So the Celtics lost 2 possessions, and had Rondo kicked out/Bass foul out in about a minute.

Yeah I get your POV, it is total crap to call people whiners only to go and do the same thing when your team is getting bad calls. People should be less biased, but that'll never happen.

RaininTwos
05-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Boston had a late comeback and had momentum until a ref called a ball out of bounds of off Rondo, when it was clearly off of Smif... Then the Hawks fumble the ball, KG/Bass/Smif all are on the ground which should've been a jump ball in my opinion (and Chuck/Shaq/Kenny/etc.). That was the same ref that just screwed Rondo on the last play so Rondo got t'd up, then bumped him and got kicked out of the game and suspended for game 2... Then they called an illegal screen on KG when the Celtics were down 4 with like 40 seconds left.

Yeah I get your POV, it is total crap to call people whiners only to go and do the same thing when your team is getting bad calls. People should be less biased, but that'll never happen.

LMAO @ "Smif".

Yeah that certainly sounds f*cked up. That certainly changes my opinion on the series now. Both teams definitely got ripped off. How is officiating that bad though? I just dont understand how you can be that bad down the stretch multiple times?? It's mind boggling.

TheBluest
05-29-2012, 12:34 PM
No one denies that the Lakers and Celtics have had more than there fair share of calls in their favor post-season competition, it doesn't change the fact what took place yesterday. Yes fans would like to see less hypocrisy from other fan bases but I, who doesn't have much vested in either team am sick and tired of the officiating....WHEN IT IS BLATANTLY BAD....it's one thing to maybe give "questionable" calls in favor of one team over the other but to make obvious bad calls in which the camera catches it all in favor of one team is utterly disgusting.

Not to mention many NBA fans already suffered through what they deemed 8 on 5 about 5-6yrs ago in Wade's favor. Dammit let him earn his ring along with Lebron

If the NBA would let things take place as they are, then maybe just maybe some of these players and their teams would be more likeable

It just makes me appreciate the Spurs that much more no mater how boring they are and how low their competitive ratings championship runs have been. 1 thing I know for a fact about their Franchise, they have never ever ever ever ever ever begged off their chips..... every single last one of them were earned and I can't wait to see them earn their 5th

LakersReign
05-29-2012, 01:01 PM
No one denies that the Lakers and Celtics have had more than there fair share of calls in their favor post-season competition, it doesn't change the fact what took place yesterday. Yes fans would like to see less hypocrisy from other fan bases but I, who doesn't have much vested in either team am sick and tired of the officiating....WHEN IT IS BLATANTLY BAD....it's one thing to maybe give "questionable" calls in favor of one team over the other but to make obvious bad calls in which the camera catches it all in favor of one team is utterly disgusting.

Not to mention many NBA fans already suffered through what they deemed 8 on 5 about 5-6yrs ago in Wade's favor. Dammit let him earn his ring along with Lebron

If the NBA would let things take place as they are, then maybe just maybe some of these players and their teams would be more likeable

It just makes me appreciate the Spurs that much more no mater how boring they are and how low their competitive ratings championship runs have been. 1 thing I know for a fact about their Franchise, they have never ever ever ever ever ever begged off their chips..... every single last one of them were earned and I can't wait to see them earn their 5th

Yeah....um....back in '07, the Horry foul on Nash that he NEVER got suspended for as well as Bowen groining Nash, that was "under review." Come on now:facepalm

TheMan
05-29-2012, 02:48 PM

I wouldn't say Miami gets away with mauling the Celtics but I have noticed that Miami plays a very aggressive type of defense, they get in your face, they body up on their opponents, (Battier gets away with shoving post players out of the box or pinning them under the rim like in the Indy series), I have no problem with that but the refs don't let the other team play as aggressive on Miami, Wade and James get a lot of touch fouls it seems. It's the apparent double standard that bothers me. As a Bulls fan, I'm nuetral since both the Celtics and Heat can go fvck themselves:lol

pegasus
05-29-2012, 02:55 PM
I wouldn't say Miami gets away with mauling the Celtics but I have noticed that Miami plays a very aggressive type of defense, they get in your face, they body up on their opponents, (Battier gets away with shoving post players out of the box or pinning them under the rim last in the Indy series), I have no problem with that but the refs don't let the other team play as aggressive on Miami, Wade and James get a lot of touch fouls it seems. It's the apparent double standard that bothers me. As a Bulls fan, I'm nuetral since both the Celtics and Heat can go fvck themselves:lol

This. If you are gonna officiate a game in a certain way, be consistent on both ends. Miami players contest EVERY attempt at the rim, yet get called so very randomly. Then they parade to the free throw line on the other side for the tiniest contact.

tpols
05-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Heat have a large fanbase? :oldlol:

Larger than the Celtics? :roll:

And why are OKC and SAS in the WCF's? Because of their large fanbases? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Man, I love conspiracy theorists. Always give me a good laugh.
What the fvck are you talking about?:coleman:

highwhey
05-29-2012, 03:10 PM

what are you, fcking retarded? :facepalm

are you fcking kidding me? spurs franchise has employed some of the dirtiest players in recent times. talented team and coach? sure, no one is debating their rings or their ability to win them, but they have got away with a lot. you're straight up bullshitting if you honestly believe the spurs have won 100% fair every single game int he post season. 07 suns is one series that is tremendously fcked up. manu's ridiculous flopping? duncan is no different than kobe, lebron, wade, etc, "super star calls". can't touch the mfer down in the post because that's an automatic foul. don't try to build a clean reputation for a franchise that uses the rule books to its advantage, beyond what is considered normal/acceptable. "shaq-a-hack" is another low-blow, as is the following adaptations that are typically used on horrible free-throw shooters.

seriously, don't try to paint a pretty picture for your favorite organization. if a suns player had pulled the same stunt on tony parker, the whole suns team would be suspended.

TheBluest
05-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Yeah....um....back in '07, the Horry foul on Nash that he NEVER got suspended for as well as Bowen groining Nash, that was "under review." Come on now:facepalm

What Bruh? Horry got suspended 2 games for hip checking Nash while Bell only got suspended 1 game for his clothesline Kobe.

You can argue the suspensions to Diaw and Stoudemire as bs although by the letter of the law they left the bench. It was still a 3-2 series in favor of Suns. It was a heat of the moment incident too not series after series of crap.

The Spurs have earned their titles

LakersReign
05-29-2012, 03:40 PM
What Bruh? Horry got suspended 2 games for hip checking Nash while Bell only got suspended 1 game for his clothesline Kobe.

You can argue the suspensions to Diaw and Stoudemire as bs although by the letter of the law they left the bench. It was still a 3-2 series in favor of Suns. It was a heat of the moment incident too not series after series of crap.

The Spurs have earned their titles

Please. We're STILL waiting for the review of Bowen groining Nash.:rolleyes:

Stop tryna act like the Spurs are so pure when they're not:facepalm

Bladers
05-29-2012, 03:59 PM
its up:

stern took down the vid. :roll:

bdreason
05-29-2012, 04:02 PM
What the fvck are you talking about?:coleman:

I'm talking about the people who think games are fixed for large market teams so the NBA can increase viewer ratings... despite the fact that 3 of the 4 remaining teams are small market clubs, with little or no national following.

If the league wanted to fix games for anyone, it would be the Boston Celtics. NBA Finals ratings for the other 3 teams will be average at best. We already saw what a LeBron vs. Spurs NBA Finals produces... worst ratings in the past decade.

LakersReign
05-29-2012, 04:29 PM
stern took down the vid. :roll:

I just watched that vid last night, and no it's suddenly unavailable. Then they they and say the accusations are bogus. If that was true, then why remove the vd? It was removed cuz there's truth to what he said

Glide2keva
05-29-2012, 04:29 PM
I wouldn't say Miami gets away with mauling the Celtics but I have noticed that Miami plays a very aggressive type of defense, they get in your face, they body up on their opponents, (Battier gets away with shoving post players out of the box or pinning them under the rim like in the Indy series), I have no problem with that but the refs don't let the other team play as aggressive on Miami, Wade and James get a lot of touch fouls it seems. It's the apparent double standard that bothers me. As a Bulls fan, I'm nuetral since both the Celtics and Heat can go fvck themselves:lol
:applause:

Glide2keva
05-29-2012, 04:30 PM
This. If you are gonna officiate a game in a certain way, be consistent on both ends. Miami players contest EVERY attempt at the rim, yet get called so very randomly. Then they parade to the free throw line on the other side for the tiniest contact.
But it's not cool to call this out though.

IGotACoolStory
05-29-2012, 04:34 PM
I just watched that vid last night, and no it's suddenly unavailable. Then they they and say the accusations are bogus. If that was true, then why remove the vd? It was removed cuz there's truth to what he said

Should have learned from the LeBron-Nike-Crawford fiasco that taking down the video doesn't help. If anything, it gives it more exposure.

LakersReign
05-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Should have learned from the LeBron-Nike-Crawford fiasco that taking down the video doesn't help. If anything, it gives it more exposure.

Yeah, the people who weren't thinking anything of it, will pay more attention now.