PDA

View Full Version : Pistons expected To Make Trade by end of the week

All Net
01-17-2007, 12:52 PM
Thats the latest news

One of the Pistons big's will be moved hopfully by the end of this weekend. Nazr is the likely guy. It's possible Flip Murray could be moved. Hopfully this is a deal for Bonzi Wells or Mo Pete. Hope It isn't Jaric.

i seen hippos
01-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Well isn't the rumour Nazr wants to be traded cause he wants to start?

If it's him, BC won't take a guy with 4 years left on his contract for Mopete who's contract runs up this year. Flip won't make a difference.

fatboy11
01-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Nazr for Jaric will be the first move.

ThaKid
01-17-2007, 01:21 PM
for some reason I am a big fan of Nazr Mohammed for a big man, so i wouldnt mind Mo Pete For Nazr....Lineup for years to come???

PG: TJ Ford
SG: Anthony Parker
SF: Andrea Bargnani
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Nazr Mohammed

saKf
01-17-2007, 02:29 PM
I don't want to see Mohammed on either Minnesota or Toronto.

In Minnesota, it runs the risk of screwing up Blount's really good play lately by challenging him for minutes. Also, it squeezes Craig Smith out of the rotation. Not playing Craig Smith makes saKf cry. :(

In Toronto, it means fewer minutes for Rasho. Rasho is so solid for them. Mohammed will give better numbers, but I'd take Rasho over Mohammed ten times out of ten.

FireMcFailPlease
01-17-2007, 02:58 PM

In Minnesota, it runs the risk of screwing up Blount's really good play lately by challenging him for minutes. Also, it squeezes Craig Smith out of the rotation. Not playing Craig Smith makes saKf cry. :(

Center relief is just what this team needs.

i can only take so much of madsen when its a fairly close game, still in the 1st half

saKf
01-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Center relief is just what this team needs.

i can only take so much of madsen when its a fairly close game, still in the 1st half
Yeah, I don't like how much Casey plays Madsen, but I don't want Mohammed eating Blount's or Smith's minutes. Especially Smith's.

FireMcFailPlease
01-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I don't like how much Casey plays Madsen, but I don't want Mohammed eating Blount's or Smith's minutes. Especially Smith's.
if anything, its to relieve Smiths responsibility of being guarded by other teams 5's cause they just lay off of mad dog.

If we roll with a foye/mccants/wright(or reed)/smith/mohammad 2nd line, thatll definately make me giddy

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
01-17-2007, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't mind Nazr With The T'wolves i can see him leaving for Jaric. It would be stupid for the Raps to trade Mo Pete for Nazr. Mo pete is worth way more then that trash.

T'Wolves would rape that deal BTW

jjswifty
01-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Mark Blount their current center has been putting up good numbers in Minny right now.

saKf
01-17-2007, 03:50 PM
T'Wolves would rape that deal BTW
Not really. Both teams get a player who fills a need. The players are basically on the same level.

lakerfreak
01-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Minnesota needs a good center.

that trade would benefit minnesota more.

proxy
01-17-2007, 04:03 PM
pistons dont need mo pete or bonzi really because mo pete does what they already do jack up jumpshots every decent look they get bonzi would make more sense cuz he drives and posts up and rebounds well but hes always injured but jaric would make the most sense cuz as much as every1 seems to hate murray hes been mwhat we expected jaric is what pistons dont have give up mohammed

saKf
01-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Minnesota needs a good center.

that trade would benefit minnesota more.
Not really. Both teams get a player who fills a need. The players are basically on the same level.

Attila
01-17-2007, 06:35 PM
not flip.

kwajo
01-17-2007, 06:39 PM
In Toronto, it means fewer minutes for Rasho. Rasho is so solid for them. Mohammed will give better numbers, but I'd take Rasho over Mohammed ten times out of ten.
exactly my reaction

FPower
01-17-2007, 06:40 PM
Is there anyone who wants Flip Murray for...anything? He's cheap, an expirer, and can score a lot (if he takes 30 shots). My dream is to sneakily package him into whatever deal the Pistons make in the near future.

hawkfan
01-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Trade scenario:

Atlanta gets

Nazr Mohammed

Minnesota gets

Lorenzen Wright
Esteban Batista (expirer)

Detroit gets

Marco Jaric

The Wolves get a backup center in Wright, who can provide defense, rebounding and toughness for 15-18 minutes per game, and an expirer.

The Pistons get help at the 1-2-3 position in Jaric.

The Hawks get a center who can start, moving Zaza to power forward and Smith to small forward. The Hawks then have a strong bench of Sheldon-Marvin-Childress-Salim-Lue.

Works for all these teams. Do it!

FPower
01-17-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm not sure the Pistons want Jaric, despite the rumors. He's a pricey player, and brings virtually the same game as Carlos Delfino.

T-Low
01-17-2007, 07:04 PM
As much as I hate to say it, Mo Pete to Detroit wouldn't be that bad....That would be 2 hometowners in the past how many weeks....But Mo Pete for who though if not Nazr....McDyess would be nice because we could put him at the center...but it would never happen....plus it would take minutes away from Rasho...there isn't much they could offer...I am not convinced on Murray....

craigthomasb
01-17-2007, 07:58 PM
book it (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=598~656~187~1999~568&teams=8~8~28~28~28)

Byrdo
01-17-2007, 09:13 PM
for some reason I am a big fan of Nazr Mohammed for a big man, so i wouldnt mind Mo Pete For Nazr....Lineup for years to come???

PG: TJ Ford
SG: Anthony Parker
SF: Andrea Bargnani
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Nazr Mohammed

I do that trade if there was a way to unload Rasho. Im not sure if Nazr would do much better than Rasho but he's marginally cheaper.

Out of all those players Mo Pete would be the best grab for the Pistons. He plays hard, all around good player, good locker room guy and has an expiring contract. They can test him out and if its a good fit then they might be able to resign him, same situation as Webber really.

Trentknicks
12-18-2013, 07:10 AM
Monroe on the move perhaps, maybe they realized Smith isn't worth the money? :confusedshrug:
Bound to snag someone.

fiddy
12-18-2013, 07:54 AM
Monroe on the move perhaps, maybe they realized Smith isn't worth the money? :confusedshrug:
Bound to snag someone.
Nice try.

ripthekik
12-18-2013, 08:53 AM
got me :(