PDA

View Full Version : Kobe post-game quotes

Flagrant 2
05-11-2012, 02:38 AM
Kobe's feelings about Pau and Drew? Kobe said about Metta: "He's the one guy I can count on, night in and night out, to compete."
https://twitter.com/KevinDing/status/200833860131500033

Kobe Bryant, asked if teammates matched his heart tonight: "No. Of course they didn't."
https://twitter.com/#!/SHowardCooper/status/200832098528006145

cranincu
05-11-2012, 02:39 AM
Kobe on Metta in Game 7: "He's the one guy that I can rely on night-in and night-out to compete and play with that intensity"

SunsCaptain
05-11-2012, 02:41 AM
Looks like nuggets got game 7.

:applause:

YAWN
Kobe on Metta in Game 7: "He's the one guy that I can rely on night-in and night-out to compete and play with that intensity"

that sounds a lot better than the one in the OP :lol

He's right though. Some of the other guys come out lazy and just seem to give up. They don't understand that every possession counts no matter if its in the middle of the 2nd or 4th quarter. Its a game of runs, give it 100% all 48.

bmulls
You'd think after 16 seasons he would know better than to throw his teammates under the bus.

Poor leadership, and pretty classless

YAWN
05-11-2012, 02:43 AM
You'd think after 16 seasons he would know better than to throw his teammates under the bus.

to be honest, if he said his teammates brought it tonight it'd be more of an insult...

Alamo
05-11-2012, 02:44 AM
Lakers are gonna need Metta World Peace and his elbow back if they are going to beat anybody.

SAKOTXA
05-11-2012, 02:46 AM

It's not throwing teammates under the bus. Did you not watch the game?

MJ, Barkley, Shaq and all the other great players have done the same thing. He needs to go out and say things like this, this might actually light a fire under Bynum and Pau. Let's see what happens.

JM720
05-11-2012, 02:46 AM

Nah, if you have been paying any attention he has been babying everything he says about Gasol and Bynum since last year. Even while they were sweep last year. That shit aint gonna work anymore, Bynum is acting out with all this babying and support and understanding Kobe has been showing Bynum.

bmulls
05-11-2012, 02:47 AM
to be honest, if he said his teammates brought it tonight it'd be more of an insult...

He should have said he failed to get his teammates involved.

Even if it's not entirely true it shows you got your guys' backs.

Flagrant 2
05-11-2012, 02:48 AM

**** that shit this is the pros ***** nut up or shut up

bmulls
05-11-2012, 02:48 AM
It's not throwing teammates under the bus. Did you not watch the game?

MJ, Barkley, Shaq and all the other great players have done the same thing. He needs to go out and say things like this, this might actually light a fire under Bynum and Pau. Let's see what happens.

Bynum and Gasol probably need to get chewed out, but you do that in private, you don't embarrass them in front of the media

RazorBaLade
05-11-2012, 02:50 AM
Good. Make it clear that they aren't untouchable, they ain't no kobe, they need to play or they will be shipped the **** out. Play hard or don't show up;

JM720
05-11-2012, 02:50 AM

You dont get it? Gasol and Bynum have not been responding to the "I have your back" Kobe for the past two years now, thats exactly what Kobe has been doing. It got their ass swept and now a Game 7 in the first round this year. And they continue be super inconsistent.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-11-2012, 02:51 AM

he didnt...STFU....he has every right...to do so...

dying..he still came and play..but these mutha fcukas....didnt even show any fight

tpols
05-11-2012, 02:52 AM

Nah.. thats called being a pu/ssy. When people on your team dont play hard you call them out. You think Jordan or Bird would have taken this shit from their teammates? MJ woulda murdered someone.

ihoopallday
Bynum and Gasol probably need to get chewed out, but you do that in private, you don't embarrass them in front of the media

Exactly. Bynum and Gasol definitely need to be sat down and chewed out. But the media is a bad idea. We all know how quick Bynum throws temper tantrums.

Kingwillball
Just another reason I dont Like or Respect this guy..

talkingconch
05-11-2012, 02:54 AM

http://s14.postimage.org/yz6wdepsv/didntread3.gif

The Macho Man
That's not throwing them under the bus he just said they didn't come to play, that's plain as day. He should have thrown them under the bus.

bmulls
Did Bynum call out Kobe for jacking up 10 3 pters and shooting 30% when they lost game 3?

RazorBaLade
05-11-2012, 02:55 AM
Did Bynum call out Kobe for jacking up 10 3 pters and shooting 30% when they lost game 3?

No he said sorry guys I wasn't reayd to play in the first half

Zedja
05-11-2012, 02:57 AM
No he said sorry guys I wasn't reayd to play in the first half
:roll: :roll:

tpols
Do you understand the difference between playing without heart and just playing badly?

SunsCaptain
Do you understand the difference between playing without heart and just playing badly?

Kobe plays badly a lot?

Zedja
Obvious troll is obvious.

Mr. Jabbar
05-11-2012, 02:58 AM
well said.

quote from kobe after being down 2-3 in the finals 2010 on wether his teammates needed his motivation:

"if they need me to motivate them, they do not deserve to be champions"

SunsCaptain
05-11-2012, 03:01 AM
well said.

quote from kobe after being down 2-3 in the finals 2010 on wether his teammates needed his motivation:

"if they need me to motivate them, they do not deserve to be champions"

And then with the series on the line....game 7 on the finals...2010....

Kobe stepped up to the plate and shot 6-24 25%

He did all he could to make sure the Lakers didnt win.....

And although he put his heart into trash talking his team and tried his best to shoot them out of the finals the Lakers managed to win despite Kobes poor atitude.

DTreats
05-11-2012, 03:05 AM

And although he put his heart into trash talking his team and tried his best to shoot them out of the finals the Lakers managed to win despite Kobes poor atitude.
Funny you bring up 6-24 in game 7.

LeBron in the 4th quarter of the finals:

12-52 23%

bmulls
05-11-2012, 03:06 AM
Nah.. thats called being a pu/ssy. When people on your team dont play hard you call them out. You think Jordan or Bird would have taken this shit from their teammates? MJ woulda murdered someone.

Making passive aggressive comments to the media is being a *****.

SunsCaptain
05-11-2012, 03:07 AM
Funny you bring up stats...because i make up stats.

You know whats funny....

You want to know whats funny?!

mr 4th quarter man.....inc shit storm.

This year in the 4th Kobe is 9-24 38% and with under 3 minutes in the 4th he is 2-7 29%

How about we look at Kobes 4th quarter last year?

Kobe shot 12-39 31% in the 4th and 3-18 with less then 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter! 3-18!!!!!!!!!!!bahahahahaha oh kobe u suckkkk.

THATS 17%!

IN 10'

Kobe clutch master Bryant shot 37% in the 4th....

HE SHOT 29% IN THE 4TH AGAINST BOSTON 12-41

In 07' Kobe shot 10-34 29% in the 4th and 3-9 with less than 3 minutes remaining...... omgggg Kobe please practice or something.

In 06' Kobe shot 16-43 in the 4th for 37% and 4-14 29% when under 3 minutes.....

In 04' Kobe shot 46-126 37% in the 4th and with less then 3 minutes in the 4th he shot a misserable 10-38 26%.

Last year against dallas LeBron was 7-21 in the 4th 33% and 4-13 with less than 3 minutes in the 4th.

Kobe last year against dallas was 6-19 32% and 2-9 22% under 3 minutes in the 4th.

Oh and Kobe got swept by Dallas in the 2nd round.

Interesting when talking about clutch stats last year aye?

And when you dig through Kobes whole history it is just hilarious what you find.

Oh and just for a bonus Kobe last year vs the hornets was 6-20 30% in the 4th and 1-9 with under 3 minutes....11%

MARGIN LESS THaN 5 in 4TH Q

Kobe combined between NO and dallas shot 1-6 last year with 5 or fewer points in the 4th with less than 3 minutes.

Kobe was straight up 0-6 against NO in the 4th.

Kobe shot 4-15 28% within 5 or fewer points against boston in 10'

He was 1-5 under 3 minutes with the same margin.

Against orlando in 09 he was 6-19 32% and 2-8 under 3 minutes.

in 06 Kobe was 7-25 28% under 3 minutes he was 3-11 27%

This year?

This year Kobe is 2-7 29%and 0-2 under 3 minutes.

Mr. Jabbar
Funny you bring up 6-24 in game 7.

LeBron in the 4th quarter of the finals:

12-52 23%

thats standard lebron, no need to mention it cause everyone realizes it. he also conviniently forgets how every laker shot poorly and game was won by defense and rebounds, both departments in which the black mamba excelled.

tpols

Uhh.. it sparked the performance of everyone else. Just like it will do on Saturday

SunsCaptain
05-11-2012, 03:12 AM
thats standard lebron, no need to mention it cause everyone realizes it. he also conviniently forgets how every laker shot poorly and game was won by defense and rebounds, both departments in which the black mamba excelled.

U do realize that lebron shot 21-52 in the 4th of the finals thats 40%

The guy that did the math to come up with the faulty numbers and you for believing it....You both are morons!

RazorBaLade
05-11-2012, 03:13 AM
Hey guys, at least laker fans.. Can you stop replying to pauk (suns captain)

Maybe he will go away.. lets just ignore him.

dude77
05-11-2012, 03:17 AM
pathetic .. this is all a reflection on kobe .. elimination game .. your top dog team leader gives a courageous effort playing sick .. so intead of rallying around him and giving it their all, they drop this heaping pile of shit .. speaks volumes to how they perceive their 'leader' .. especially this fggt bynum

TheBigVeto
05-11-2012, 04:03 AM

He has always been like that. You expect anything different?
Passing the buck when the team loses. That's what Kobe always does.

Dresta
05-11-2012, 04:49 AM
This is actually incredibly pathetic. If Kobe had been willing to share the ball a bit, and not take all the shots in an attempt to rack up playoff points against a poor defensive first round opponent.

Personally if i was Bynum i would've become disillusioned with playing for this team a long time ago.

maybeshewill13
05-11-2012, 04:53 AM
I agree with Kobe. Terrible performance from his teammates. He didn't bash on them, jut said they didn't bring the effort. Which they clearly didn't.

RazorBaLade
05-11-2012, 04:55 AM
This is actually incredibly pathetic. If Kobe had been willing to share the ball a bit, and not take all the shots in an attempt to rack up playoff points against a poor defensive first round opponent.

Personally if i was Bynum i would've become disillusioned with playing for this team a long time ago.

masterful troll

chazzy
05-11-2012, 05:01 AM

Yes, Kobe sharing the ball has clearly been the problem this series

Soundwave
05-11-2012, 05:44 AM

Maybe.

But behind closed doors.

I don't ever really recall MJ doing something like this but my memory could be hazy.

PyrrhusX
05-11-2012, 05:48 AM

dying..he still came and play..but these mutha fcukas....didnt even show any fight

Kobe was dying?
Im sure he was ok to score this efficiently. Did he really have a stomach bug?

On topic, he has every right. Bynum was an immature **** and Gasoft was just that, soft.

KDthunderup
05-11-2012, 05:53 AM
Poor comments from a supposed leader.

Doctor Rivers
05-11-2012, 05:53 AM

I think you're the one who is disillusioned.

bwink23
05-11-2012, 06:12 AM
I think you're the one who is disillusioned.

JORDAN

Sawbucks23
05-11-2012, 06:25 AM
Kobe's comments are going to backfire against him. Gasol, Bynum and the rest of his teammates will be too emtionally damages to play well on Saturday. Bynum and/or Gasol will be shipped out this offseason if the Lakers lose to the Nuggets. It's going to be an interesting offseason.

Doranku
05-11-2012, 06:26 AM
Saying nothing and babying them hasn't worked (as seen from last night), so why not try to light a fire under their asses? It's not like anything he said was wrong. Right from the get go, the rest of the team looked like they wanted nothing to do with being on a basketball court. It was pathetic.

Sawbucks23
05-11-2012, 06:30 AM
I agree that those things should be said by Kobe but the problem was that he said it in public. If those comments stayed in the locker room then it would be okay. I'm guessing that Bynum and Gasol will play worse in game seven since they don't want to deal with Kobe anymore. That is why I predicted that Bynum and/or Gasol will be traded.

Doranku
05-11-2012, 06:34 AM
I agree that those things should be said by Kobe but the problem was that he said it in public. If those comments stayed in the locker room then it would be okay. I'm guessing that Bynum and Gasol will play worse in game seven since they don't want to deal with Kobe anymore. That is why I predicted that Bynum and/or Gasol will be traded.

I don't think that's possible.

Not to mention these guys know how Kobe is. But they've won championships with the guy. I don't think one comment from the media is going to make them flip shit and not try in a game 7.

Sawbucks23
05-11-2012, 06:37 AM
Doranku, I hope you are right. I would hate to see the Lakers have a meltdown just because Kobe insulted them. It's almost 4 am, what am I doing up? lol

blacknapalm
05-11-2012, 06:41 AM

how the F are you gonna play worse than 3 points/3 rebounds and getting thoroughly outplayed by a rookie? gasol was a -29 in 29 minutes. for every minute he was on the floor, LA was outscored by one. it's almost impossible to find a worse +/- for a game that wasn't lost by more than 25 :biggums:

btw, brown also called out gasol and bynum. shaq called out bynum. they won't be the first or last. but since it's kobe doing it, i guess people will focus on that

Sawbucks23
05-11-2012, 06:43 AM
how the F are you gonna play worse than 3 points/3 rebounds and getting thoroughly outplayed by a rookie? gasol was a -29 in 29 minutes. for every minute he was on the floor, LA was outscored by one. it's almost impossible to find a worse +/- for a game that wasn't lost by more than 25 :biggums:

I guess we will wait and see.

Doctor Rivers
05-11-2012, 06:52 AM
JORDAN

lol go make another MJ thread

MMM
05-11-2012, 07:00 AM
Saying nothing and babying them hasn't worked (as seen from last night), so why not try to light a fire under their asses? It's not like anything he said was wrong. Right from the get go, the rest of the team looked like they wanted nothing to do with being on a basketball court. It was pathetic.

I have a hard time believing Kobe was saying nothing and babying them despite what he says in the media. Honestly speaking I can't say I know much about leadership and getting the best out of people but there is a time and place in sports to call people out in the media and I can't really question Kobe for taking that route. The effort that was shown by the Lakers bigs was quite disgraceful.

Calabis
05-11-2012, 09:40 AM
He has always been like that. You expect anything different?
Passing the buck when the team loses. That's what Kobe always does.

It's the only time he passes:roll:

coin24
05-11-2012, 09:44 AM
They deserve to be called out, did you see how poorly they played?:mad:

glidedrxlr22
05-11-2012, 10:39 AM

Lakers_Kobe_Fan you're a joke. This guy has one short fuse. :oldlol: He had every right to say what he said, but will it help or hurt?

When Kobe shoots the Lakers out of games and Pau makes subtle comments about it......that's fine too right? Is it ever ok to call out Kobe Lakers_Kobe_Fan?

Heavincent
05-11-2012, 11:01 AM
I don't know why anyone would have a problem with this. He's just stating a fact.

Vienceslav
05-11-2012, 11:02 AM
This comments still show some restraint taking into consideration how poorly the Lakers bigs played.
True like some people said that when Kobe plays bad they don

G-Funk
05-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Just another reason I dont Like or Respect this guy..
Hahahahaha like if he needs YOU to like him or respect him. LOL

dazzer87
05-11-2012, 11:47 AM

thats Kome for you..:applause: :applause:

G-Funk
05-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Well Jordan must be da worst leaders of alltime.. MJ called his teammates garbage men and Bird called his sissies lol ... you fools are either digging or soft little bitches

G-Funk
05-11-2012, 11:53 AM

you'd think that after 5 championships and 7 overall final appearances he'd be able to say whatever da **** he wanted 2 say.

glidedrxlr22
05-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Well Jordan must be da worst leaders of alltime.. MJ called his teammates garbage men and Bird called his sissies lol ... you fools are either digging or soft little bitches

The Lakers players are the soft little bitches. They're the ones who don't like to get called out by Kobe. It seems, after watching more than 2 decades of basketball, that the Celtics and Bulls teammates of Bird and Jordan responded better to this treatment than Kobe's bunch of candy ass teammates.

Doranku
05-11-2012, 12:00 PM
The Lakers players are the soft little bitches. They're the ones who don't like to get called out by Kobe. It seems, after watching more than 2 decades of basketball, that the Celtics and Bulls teammates of Bird and Jordan responded better to this treatment than Kobe's bunch of candy ass teammates.

Are you somewhat sticking up for Kobe?

Is this real life?

glidedrxlr22
05-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Are you somewhat sticking up for Kobe?

Is this real life?

I'm saying that if a superstar like Kobe or even Bird or MJ, in their era, should be able to take it if they're willing to dish it. If it works for the team then do it. If not, then don't. It just seems that this Laker team tunes out sometimes when called out.

GoldNugg21
05-11-2012, 12:19 PM
I understand that people are trolls, and hate on Kobe regardless. I also don't like Kobe; I'm not sure anyone from Colorado does, due in part to the mini rivalry with the Lakers over the years and due in part to the rape thing.

That said, I don't know how anyone who watched that game can criticize him for what he said here. He was out there working his butt off trying to keep his team in the game, on the road, at altitude, with a stomach bug. Meanwhile, most of his team looked clueless, lost, and generally lethargic. If I was him, I would have been furious, and I'm sure he was. He had every right to call those guys out to the media - they deserved it.

The Nuggets flat out demolished the Lakers, and Kobe was the only one who looked like he cared. That, and the fact that he is Kobe freaking Bryant, means that he can say whatever he wants right there in my eyes.

rodman91
05-11-2012, 12:22 PM
He's telling the truth. I don't know if that makes a positive or negative effect on his team but that's what's going on court.

OldSchoolBBall
05-11-2012, 12:23 PM

Jordan never said that, or anything like that, to the media however.

caliman
05-11-2012, 12:30 PM

Jordan was the 1st player to say he had a "supporting cast", not teammates. Bird famously called out his teammates in the 1984 Finals.

What Kobe said was actually pretty tame. Bynum and Gasol played like some ******* last night. Theirs no way to sugar coat that. Gasol is getting shitted on by a 6'7 190 pound rookie. Kobe, or any team leader, has every right to call them out for a poor performance.

blablabla
05-11-2012, 12:35 PM
:facepalm

PP34Deuce
05-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Kobe had like 15-16 rebounds and 5-6 assists in that Game 7...He shot like shit, but Ill take that many rebounds from a 6'6 guard any day.

Last night he shot 13-23.

OldSchoolBBall
05-11-2012, 01:07 PM
:facepalm

Find me a quote where he said this in an interview with major media or in a post-game interview. Good luck finding anything that isn't in "The Jordan Rules", much of which was said in what was thought to be confidence to the writer.

NugzHeat3
05-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Jordan has lashed out on teammates before, not in an interview because he refused to do one but he made it clear to his teammates. Grant said Jordan said the team was playing like shit (most likely that since there was an expletive in the quote) and called out their effort. This was during the 1990 ECF.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1665&dat=19900524&id=J1gaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=yyQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6825,6668521

I understand that people are trolls, and hate on Kobe regardless. I also don't like Kobe; I'm not sure anyone from Colorado does, due in part to the mini rivalry with the Lakers over the years and due in part to the rape thing.

That said, I don't know how anyone who watched that game can criticize him for what he said here. He was out there working his butt off trying to keep his team in the game, on the road, at altitude, with a stomach bug. Meanwhile, most of his team looked clueless, lost, and generally lethargic. If I was him, I would have been furious, and I'm sure he was. He had every right to call those guys out to the media - they deserved it.

The Nuggets flat out demolished the Lakers, and Kobe was the only one who looked like he cared. That, and the fact that he is Kobe freaking Bryant, means that he can say whatever he wants right there in my eyes.
Agreed.

ronniec
05-11-2012, 03:22 PM

Larry Bird once said he teammates were sizzies in public after losing a game... I don't see Kobe is doing it wrong, as the leader of the team.
Except Kobe, everyone played like shit last night...

Droid101
05-11-2012, 03:25 PM
"SunsCaptain" seems to sure have a lot of Kobe and LeBron stats at the ready. How curious?

http://whiskeyandcarkeys.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/obvious-troll-wedding.jpg

HorryIsMyMVP
05-11-2012, 03:34 PM
I wouldn't want to play hard for Kobe either. Work their asses off for absolutely none of the credit. Kobe is a douche even his team hates him. If Kobe was a quarterback he would be dead by now. Because noone gonna block for that douchebag.

OldSchoolBBall
05-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Jordan has lashed out on teammates before, not in an interview because he refused to do one but he made it clear to his teammates. Grant said Jordan said the team was playing like shit (most likely that since there was an expletive in the quote) and called out their effort. This was during the 1990 ECF.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1665&dat=19900524&id=J1gaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=yyQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6825,6668521

Grant telling the media something MJ said to his teammates IN PRIVATE isn't the same as MJ (or Kobe in this instance) saying that directly to the media. That's the whole point.

Replay32
05-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Kobe's perimeter defense was horrible last night. He was obviously a liability on that end of the floor, so he wasn't without some blame last night. He wasn't the only one. All the lakers wing players were lazy on defense. How many wide open shots did the lakers give up last night?

I can understand his frustration, but I'm sure the bigs were frustrated too with their perimeter defense. Also sessions played scared last night. He was scared to shoot and didn't look confident. He also did a very poor job of feeding bynum down low.

Bynum is bad teammate though (I can't stand that dude) and the lakers team chemistry is not on a championship level.

And Pau was just pathetic on all levels. :facepalm