http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/double_standard_TFPqqilUHif01I9BKkQSkN/1

[QUOTE]Nets on Jay-Z track
As long as the Nets are allowing Jay-Z to call their marketing shots

Punpun
05-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Racist. I heard he used "They should be named the New yorks nig**r

CavaliersFTW
05-04-2012, 05:46 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ATpYed7Y4LM/SnuRmUtetwI/AAAAAAAAADo/7ERKcHwLREo/s400/barack-obama-white.jpg

http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/robertdjr.jpg

bagelred
05-04-2012, 05:48 PM
It's amazing that in a world of high definition TV, with bold vibrant colors........they would choose black and white as their team colors. C'mon now.......even Miami's all black uniforms look terrible to me.

RaininTwos
05-04-2012, 05:49 PM
:eek:

this dude has still has a job?

they actually ok'ed that shit?

wtf?:biggums:

WesWelkerACL
05-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Is he wrong?

Jotaro Durant
05-04-2012, 06:03 PM
fvcking racist bitch:mad: :mad:
worse part is when move to broollyn every1 know therell be problems like this:facepalm

Heavincent
05-04-2012, 06:04 PM
New York Naggers? :confusedshrug:

guy
05-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Is he wrong?

What exactly is the problem with their colors being black and white? He's implying there's something wrong with that, and then refers to N*ggas. Clearly he's in the wrong.

sportsfan76
05-04-2012, 06:06 PM

Phil Mushnick is such a douche

It's nothing racist about that article. He was just saying the things Jay-Z says in his songs

bdreason
05-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Stopped reading at "NY Post".

04mzwach
05-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Look at Jay-Z's history. It's not racist.

sportsfan76
05-04-2012, 06:11 PM

Thank you, I'm glad to see one person in this thread that's not retarded

305Baller
05-04-2012, 06:22 PM
wow.

sportsfan76
05-04-2012, 06:24 PM
wow.

WOW what?

bdreason
05-04-2012, 06:26 PM
And :roll: at anyone who thinks Jay-Z is making any decisions. Guy owns like 1% of the team. Probably just good enough to guarantee him court-side seats. :oldlol:

liquidrage
05-04-2012, 06:30 PM
New York Naggers? :confusedshrug:

These people annoy you Mr Marsh

get these NETS
05-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Anybody here watch action films......gangster films?

So, if Martin Scorcese is part owner of a franchise....I can watch some of his films....note that the script contains racial slurs..and thn write an article that the team should be renamed after a racial slur towards Italian Americans?

Is THAT what the logic is supposed to be?

================================================== =

F this clown writer....those who support his views were leaning in that direction anyway....and somehow feel that their rights are being violated and they are being limited because they can't use certain words.

DMV2
05-04-2012, 07:01 PM
So the lyrical content on his songs is part of his history and who he is as a person? :lol

I guess Quentin Tarantino is a murderer/racist/rapist/hitman/Nazi then, based on the writings of his work.

get these NETS
05-04-2012, 07:05 PM
And :roll: at anyone who thinks Jay-Z is making any decisions. Guy owns like 1% of the team. Probably just good enough to guarantee him court-side seats. :oldlol:

yeah, right?

the "story" of him "designing" the logo is more marketing to sell the gear...

the Nets KEEP a wack logo/mascot/uniform....

Nets fans will tell you....logos are always trash....this new one is terrible..unis will be garbage too..mascot, cheerleaders....

only good unis..were these

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1009/best.hair.sports.history/images/dr-j.jpg

D12"Magic"
05-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Well he was one of the main one's to implicate the colors and Logo.

And the guy is a dip shit for writing this article. He Should get fired.

Whoah10115
05-04-2012, 07:08 PM
This guy is so gonna get fired...hahahaha...has he ever listened to Jay-Z's useless ass? He's not a gangsta. Haha. Racial Profiling!

It's amazing that in a world of high definition TV, with bold vibrant colors........they would choose black and white as their team colors. C'mon now.......even Miami's all black uniforms look terrible to me.

I no get? What mean?

b0bab0i
05-04-2012, 07:09 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ATpYed7Y4LM/SnuRmUtetwI/AAAAAAAAADo/7ERKcHwLREo/s400/barack-obama-white.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Shit looks like ron Weasley from Harry potter

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTU1ODg1NjQxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjYwMDc0NA@@._ V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

Svendiggity
05-04-2012, 07:39 PM
This guy is so gonna get fired...hahahaha...has he ever listened to Jay-Z's useless ass? He's not a gangsta. Haha. Racial Profiling!

How is Jay-Z not gangster? He's from Marcy Projects and sold crack until he was 26 years old.

niko
05-04-2012, 07:41 PM
How is Jay-Z not gangster? He's from Marcy Projects and sold crack until he was 26 years old.
He doesn't rap about it, hasn't for a long time. He references it - it's not liek rick ross glamorizing it pretending to deal.

This is stupid typical mushnick researched for 5 seconds just on the surface crap.

Svendiggity
05-04-2012, 07:45 PM
He doesn't rap about it, hasn't for a long time. He references it - it's not liek rick ross glamorizing it pretending to deal.

This is stupid typical mushnick researched for 5 seconds just on the surface crap.

Oh, I know the guy that wrote the NY post article has no clue what he's talking about. I was referring to the guy that called Jay-Z "useless"

niko
05-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Well he was one of the main one's to implicate the colors and Logo.

And the guy is a dip shit for writing this article. He Should get fired.

Jay Z has no power at all, do you think Prokorov gives Jay Z decision making power for his $3M investment? Outside of "what do you think" occassionally? Those who are famous get to sit courtside and wave, those who have the money make all the decisions.

That said, to imply like Muschnick did that Jay Z's "gangsta" side is making the uniforms black to push violence or something is the most ridiculous ****ing thing i've ever heard. There is nothing about the Nets, teh way they are marketing that even approximates what he is saying. There was a time, early 90's NWA rapping era where teams marketed black uniforms because they wanted the gangs to wear it, to set trends. That is not now, that is literally 20 years ago.

Mushnick is king of all douches.

305Baller
05-04-2012, 08:51 PM
WOW what?

wow , the writer is way out of line.

longtime lurker
05-04-2012, 08:56 PM
How the hell did this get past the editor?

CelticBaller
05-04-2012, 08:57 PM
:oldlol:

Whoah10115
05-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Oh, I know the guy that wrote the NY post article has no clue what he's talking about. I was referring to the guy that called Jay-Z "useless"

He is useless. And he's never done the Hustler dance. His lyrics are what they are. Maybe his music is too useless for me to recall, but I don't remember HOVA ever flaunting his drug-dealing. It is what it is, something he did.

I think he shot his Brother once for something lol. But he wasn't really a gangsta (I love that Firefox recognizes that as a word)...or, I should Jay-Z is not a gangsta rapper. He's not and never was.

guy
05-05-2012, 01:13 PM
He is useless. And he's never done the Hustler dance. His lyrics are what they are. Maybe his music is too useless for me to recall, but I don't remember HOVA ever flaunting his drug-dealing. It is what it is, something he did.

I think he shot his Brother once for something lol. But he wasn't really a gangsta (I love that Firefox recognizes that as a word)...or, I should Jay-Z is not a gangsta rapper. He's not and never was.

Yea he first brought it up in "You Must Love Me" which is one of his best tracks IMO. Just read an article about the whole story. Jay-Z was only 12 and was dealing crack at the time. His older brother was a crackhead and stole one of Jay's rings. Jay got a gun then shot him in the shoulder, but his older brother didn't press charges and blamed his own addiction for it. Crazy shit.

Big League
05-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Does Jay-Z call his daughter a ho?

Kiddlovesnets
05-05-2012, 03:55 PM
The more Knicks fans hate, the more they fear. As a Nets fan I aint bothered by these clowns.

sportsfan76
05-05-2012, 05:22 PM
I see no issue with the article

NumberSix
05-05-2012, 05:30 PM
New York Nuggets?

Seriously though, if you think this is racist, you're not a smart person.

Kiarip
05-05-2012, 05:37 PM
It's so much racist, as it is sensationalist garbage. Aka NYPOST

Whoah10115
05-05-2012, 05:39 PM
New York Nuggets?

Seriously though, if you think this is racist, you're not a smart person.

It's not racist. It's ignorant.

AngelEyes
05-05-2012, 05:42 PM
It's not racist. It's ignorant.

Naive would probably be the better word to use.

Whoah10115
05-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Naive would probably be the better word to use.

That requires some sort of innocence. He's coming with stones in his hand.

AngelEyes
05-05-2012, 05:44 PM
That requires some sort of innocence. He's coming with stones in his hand.

Naive in the sense that he thought he could get away with such an article.

Whoah10115
05-05-2012, 06:08 PM

Well that's just stupid lol.

niko
05-05-2012, 06:11 PM
The more Knicks fans hate, the more they fear. As a Nets fan I aint bothered by these clowns.
Every Knick fan in the thread said Mushnick is a dick. WTF are you responding to? Do you think Mushnick said what he did to rep Knicks? Seriously? Because it's about the stupidest thing ever if you think that...:lol

AngelEyes
05-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Well that's just stupid lol.

The story got past the editor.

niko
05-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Naive is not the word. It's ignorant. And racist. He assumed, because Jay Z is a rapper, that he was saying the things Mushnick assumed. That he wanted black uniforms to rep gangs. Because he was a black rapper and that is what they do.

Just tremendously ridiculous.

Whoah10115
05-05-2012, 06:23 PM
The story got past the editor.

You can't blame the editor. It's the NY Post lol.

Cowboy Thunder
05-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Nets on Jay-Z track
As long as the Nets are allowing Jay-Z to call their marketing shots

Scholar
05-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Damn. Editor must have been given a great BJ in order for that article to even be released.

NumberSix
05-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Naive is not the word. It's ignorant. And racist. He assumed, because Jay Z is a rapper, that he was saying the things Mushnick assumed. That he wanted black uniforms to rep gangs. Because he was a black rapper and that is what they do.

What?

Nah, wearing black is the exact opposite of "repping gangs".

Big League
05-05-2012, 07:34 PM

Previously, Mushnick printed Jay-Z lyrics when taking shots at the Yankees and Nets for being affiliated with Jay-Z.

I see nothing wrong with it. Jay-Z raps about ******, bitches and hoes and then does stuff with these teams who have many young fans and female fans.

niko
05-05-2012, 07:59 PM
What?

Nah, wearing black is the exact opposite of "repping gangs".
in the early 90's, teams had black uniforms and would literally market them to gang members, because gang members through gangsta rap, etc. would be trends setters and all the white kids would follow and buy them. LA Kings gear, etc.

turboranger306
05-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Ppl need to quit bein such pu$$ys about everything hes a fuktard yankee who really cares what he says..do u really look that far into those words..if so I feel bad for u and the kids u raise..america has become this he said she said bullshit country and the generations are getting worst by the day because of it..who ****in cares what what he says

turboranger306
05-05-2012, 09:11 PM
The night sky is BLACK...is that racist too..grow up ****

Batz
05-05-2012, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE]And reader David Distefano now wonders what

JaggerCommaMick
08-24-2012, 01:55 PM
:facepalm

Math2
08-24-2012, 02:13 PM

:roll: Not racist at all. :lol You should go cry about it to Obama, he might ban all press that you don't approve of for you.

Did you search Google for the word "black" and then show us and call it racist?

MrWarrior
08-24-2012, 02:31 PM
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Math2
08-24-2012, 02:53 PM
:applause:

NumberSix
08-24-2012, 05:17 PM
It's not racist to say Jay-Z has profited off of perpetuating a negative stereotype. It's fukking obvious.

NumberSix
08-24-2012, 05:40 PM
in the early 90's, teams had black uniforms and would literally market them to gang members, because gang members through gangsta rap, etc. would be trends setters and all the white kids would follow and buy them. LA Kings gear, etc.
Maybe being from NYC, you don't really get gang culture, but believe me. When I lived in LA, affiliated dudes weren't dressing like NWA.

http://ludwigvantheman.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/nwa.jpg

^This is a gimmick. These are uniforms. There's no gang that looks like this. There isn't a LA street gang that flags themselves with black and silver.

The reason why NWA chose to were Kings/Raiders gear is because it specifically wasn't gang affiliated. Guys like Dre and Cube wanted to dress up like street guys, but they can't wear colors because they're not affiliated with any gang. That why they wear neutral shit (black).

Eazy-E was the only guy who was actually affiliated. That Raiders/Kings shit was a contrived NWA look. He didn't actually dress like that. That was just the group's gimmicky look.

This how Eazy really dressed.

http://www.sunshineboxing.com/photogallery/albums/EazyE/Sunshine_Rapper_Eazy_E_at_Tyson_Stewart_Atlantic_C ity.jpg

If Eazy was really trying to look like a gang member, he'd be flagging it in his colors, not a fukking raiders hat. lol.:roll:

Raiders/Kings gear is the uniform of late 80's/early 90's "gangster rappers", not actual gang members.

Raiders/Kings = gangster rap

colors = gangs

niko
08-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Maybe being from NYC, you don't really get gang culture, but believe me. When I lived in LA, affiliated dudes weren't dressing like NWA.

http://ludwigvantheman.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/nwa.jpg

^This is a gimmick. These are uniforms. There's no gang that looks like this. There isn't a LA street gang that flags themselves with black and silver.

The reason why NWA chose to were Kings/Raiders gear is because it specifically wasn't gang affiliated. Guys like Dre and Cube wanted to dress up like street guys, but they can't wear colors because they're not affiliated with any gang. That why they wear neutral shit (black).

Eazy-E was the only guy who was actually affiliated. That Raiders/Kings shit was a contrived NWA look. He didn't actually dress like that. That was just the group's gimmicky look.

This how Eazy really dressed.

http://www.sunshineboxing.com/photogallery/albums/EazyE/Sunshine_Rapper_Eazy_E_at_Tyson_Stewart_Atlantic_C ity.jpg

If Eazy was really trying to look like a gang member, he'd be flagging it in his colors, not a fukking raiders hat. lol.:roll:

Raiders/Kings gear is the uniform of late 80's/early 90's "gangster rappers", not actual gang members.

Raiders/Kings = gangster rap

colors = gangs

The white kids were trying to dress like what they thought gangsters dressed like id assume. Nope, no clue what gang members dress like i am happy to say. Thinking back, the "gangs" in my neighborhood growing up dressed in whatever the **** they felt like wearing, no colors unless there is something subtle i am missing. (Weren't black gangs though, spanish and chinese)

Anyone, this was by that shmuchk at the post, no? Douchenick? No one listens to him, he's functionally retarded.

NumberSix
08-24-2012, 05:52 PM
The white kids were trying to dress like what they thought gangsters dressed like id assume. Nope, no clue what gang members dress like i am happy to say. Thinking back, the "gangs" in my neighborhood growing up dressed in whatever the **** they felt like wearing, no colors unless there is something subtle i am missing. (Weren't black gangs though, spanish and chinese)
Gangs doesn't always drape themselves on colors. Sometimes it's something as simple as the left pant leg being slight rolled or a colored band on a particular wrist.

Race also does come into play. One color might mean a specific set if it's a black guy, but the same color could represent northern or southern if it's a Mexican guy. It can be very subtle, and a lot of the time it's only a flag to those that know what to look for.

SpecialQue
08-24-2012, 05:56 PM

I've always hated Mushnick.

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsG/6310-11279.gif

#number6ix#
08-25-2012, 01:50 AM
:wtf: Is his problem with jay z he has a net worth of 500 mil I think he know a thing or two about business and marketing

InspiredLebowski
08-25-2012, 02:25 AM
Holy shit. That got past an editor?

Black and white is a stupid ass color scheme though. And Jay Z owns like .6% of the Nets. AND the big Russian would knock Jay Z on his ass.

Niquesports
08-25-2012, 02:41 AM
Gangs doesn't always drape themselves on colors. Sometimes it's something as simple as the left pant leg being slight rolled or a colored band on a particular wrist.

Race also does come into play. One color might mean a specific set if it's a black guy, but the same color could represent northern or southern if it's a Mexican guy. It can be very subtle, and a lot of the time it's only a flag to those that know what to look for.
what are you a f****** Gangologist. Done googled gangs and now want to come on here like he been in the hood.Thanks for the lesson but if you aint never lived it . Don't fake like you know it.

COnDEMnED
08-25-2012, 04:01 AM
No but he might have killed one of the best rappers to ever live

NumberSix
08-25-2012, 05:56 AM
what are you a f****** Gangologist. Done googled gangs and now want to come on here like he been in the hood.Thanks for the lesson but if you aint never lived it . Don't fake like you know it.
Believe it or not, in some cities, it's pretty normal to grow around gangs. It's not unusual.

Math2
08-25-2012, 08:57 AM

Do they really do that? I've done that out of habit for the past month after I had to play basketball with a nasty cut.

bagelred
08-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Believe it or not, in some cities, it's pretty normal to grow around gangs. It's not unusual.
:biggums:

08-27-2012, 10:21 AM
The racism doesn't stop from this writer. I also saw this article attached as links. It's gang inspired colors for sports.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/color_of_money_b8aBxH641G1ecMlrYFiIfJ?utm_campaign =OutbrainA&utm_source=OutbrainArticlepages&obref=obinsite

TonyD
08-27-2012, 10:41 AM
He definitely seems to have a biased agenda against rappers. I think the article would make more sense if Lil' Wayne was a minority Nets owner instead of Jay-Z. Jay-z is not a gangsta rapper, he's respectable enough to get praise from the president. And anyway Gangsta rap doesn't even sell these days, it's all about pop-rap with rappers sporting skinny jeans and fauxhawks. So if team owners want to appeal to rap fans, they should make the jerseys colorful and vibrant.

coin24
08-27-2012, 10:52 AM
How fu*ked is it now that if anyone has an opinion theyre labelled a racist:oldlol:
Pretty sure JayZ says all that stuff and more in most of his songs. But if a white guy repeats it, its negative to the black community/racist/blah blah blah...

RaininTwos
08-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Coin24 is an idiot.

With that said, do people at ISH work? You don't have to own a company in order to make decisions or have power within it. What the hell is wrong with people? You would think that Prokhorov would realize how big of a draw and marketing wizard Jay is and use that to his advantage. The Nets gear is a huge seller. The hats/shirts are simple and clean, they go with anything.

I'm reading some of these responses and I just shake my head. It's as if people think Prokhorov is king of his company and never delegates anything.

JaggerCommaMick
08-27-2012, 12:31 PM
How fu*ked is it now that if anyone has an opinion theyre labelled a racist:oldlol:
Pretty sure JayZ says all that stuff and more in most of his songs. But if a white guy repeats it, its negative to the black community/racist/blah blah blah...

Indeed, mate, the article said nothin or implied nothing about black people - which is what would be racism.

It simply bashes the choice of association with a specific type of culture. Just because that culture is prevalent among black people, does not make his problem black people as a group.

It's unbelievable how you cannot criticize anything these days, mates, without the absurd accusation of racism from left wing pansies. Any excuse to cry for these blokes, mates. They just love to cry. Sarcastic loves crying his eyes out it seems. Every thread he's got a racism accusation to hurl. Little fa ggot indeed. Same with Raining Twos.