PDA

View Full Version : Why the Lakers aren't winning the championship this year.

Doctor Rivers
05-03-2012, 12:42 PM
http://s14.postimage.org/dr90slhf5/Capture.png

:biggums:

Alamo
05-03-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm a Spurs fan and I disagree when people say stuff like this. The Lakers and OKC are the teams to beat in the west.

Doctor Rivers
05-03-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm a Spurs fan and I disagree when people say stuff like this. The Lakers and OKC are the teams to beat in the west.

I think you're just being modest.

game3524
05-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Hollinger picks SA?

There goes their chances........

WeGetRing2012
05-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Because of our bench and lack of role players. And thats the only reason why. Our starting 5 >>>>>> any other team's in the league.

comerb
05-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Casually pushing aside a Gasol/Bynum/Kobe combo is pretty dumb. That's a dangerous damn team with Bynum playing at an all-star level and Kobe shooting as well as he has all year

I do agree with him that San Antonio is the frontrunner, and they probably aren't getting the credit they deserve because of last years mess.

JohnnySic
05-03-2012, 12:59 PM
The Spurs dont match up well with the Lakers at all. The Lakers would have more difficulty with OKC and Memphis.

KenneBell
05-03-2012, 01:02 PM
You really expect Hollinger to pick the Lakers for anything? :roll:

MMM
05-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Bynum/Gasol is a nightmare match up for SAS but i think OKC is the only team that is able to beat the Lakers. And a SAS/OKC WCF seems like a toss up.

Mr. Jabbar
05-03-2012, 01:04 PM
You are telling me Hollinger says LAL has little to no chances? I like our chances even better now.

Doctor Rivers
05-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Bynum/Gasol is a nightmare match up for SAS but i think OKC is the only team that is able to beat the Lakers. And a SAS/OKC WCF seems like a toss up.

Yeah that's why once they put Tiago in there, the Spurs blew the Lakers out twice right?

All Net
05-03-2012, 01:37 PM
The Spurs dont match up well with the Lakers at all. The Lakers would have more difficulty with OKC and Memphis.

I would agree with this actually

If we get past OKC I really think we make the finals...but that's a big if.

rs98762001
05-03-2012, 02:00 PM
If Hollinger says the Lakers can't get past the Spurs, I'm putting all my money on the Lakers.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-03-2012, 02:05 PM
lol....so john suckinger is saying OKC would beat Mavs first???

its not given tough

glidedrxlr22
05-03-2012, 02:10 PM
lol....so john suckinger is saying OKC would beat Mavs first???

its not given tough

Uhhh yeah....they only have to win 2 out of 5 games now to advance.

Gotta love Hollingers take on the lakers. :applause:

Knoe Itawl
05-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Crazy how much disrespect San Antonio is getting because of some fluke last year. This is a different, and better team than last year and San Antonio still has the championship tested pedigree of Tim, Manu and Parker (who is playing at an amazing level). Still have Pop.

And all these Laker fans act like they're not even a little concerned about them? Absurd.

Legends66NBA7
05-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Crazy how much disrespect San Antonio is getting because of some fluke last year. This is a different, and better team than last year and San Antonio still has the championship tested pedigree of Tim, Manu and Parker (who is playing at an amazing level). Still have Pop.

And all these Laker fans act like they're not even a little concerned about them? Absurd.

I wouldn't say that Memphis team was a "fluke", per say. They really weren't a number 8 seed. They didn't have Rudy Gay for a 2 month period, going 16-12 in that span. With him, they were 30-24. My best bet is that they would have ended up with the 5th or 6th seed in the West with a healthy Rudy Gay.

They were a better team than their seeding would indicate, especially with their size advantage.

I actually think it's also the opposite. Both rational fans (Spurs and Lakers) rooting for both teams are both very much concerned about each other.

Cangri
05-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Lakers obviously have a chance, but their road is really tough after the first round.

They have to face OKC that seem to be a hard matchup for them and then they have to beat the Spurs which DESTROYED them in the last 2 games.

But IMHO if they get to the finals, they'll surely win it all, their bigs will give huge problems for the Heat.

05-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Yeah that's why once they put Tiago in there, the Spurs blew the Lakers out twice right?

And Lakers womped the Spurs without Kobe, regular season is regular season.

Lakers more concerned about next round vs OKC

chips93
05-03-2012, 02:35 PM
I wouldn't say that Memphis team was a "fluke", per say. They really weren't a number 8 seed.

they openly tanked last year too, they wanted san antonio

glidedrxlr22
05-03-2012, 02:44 PM

Knoe! Where have you been? It's good to see you're still fighting the good fight. Keep it up.:cheers:

game3524
05-03-2012, 02:52 PM
And Lakers womped the Spurs without Kobe, regular season is regular season.

Lakers more concerned about next round vs OKC

This.

Regular season really doesn't matter. The series will simply come down to match-ups. If the Lakers bigs dominate the Spurs bigs....chances are they will win this series.

jbryan1984
05-03-2012, 02:56 PM
I think Miami, OKC, Spurs and Lakers are the only 4 teams who have a real shot at winning it all. So yes, I agree with Kobe.

LakersReign
05-03-2012, 02:57 PM
http://s14.postimage.org/dr90slhf5/Capture.png

This is the same Hollinger who picked OKC to upset the Lakers in the first round a few years ago, singing the same song now. This is also the same guy who said Lebron supposedly had a concussion(supposedly cuz it was never verified by anybody), and that's why he had that slump towards the end of April. Furthermore, he said that shouldn't be held against Lebron for MVP consideration. He noticeably didn't make the same excuses for Durant. IMO, Hollinger's word on anything means nothing.

I'm always amazed by how many haters the Lakers have. Who CONSTANTLY say how much they supposedly suck blah blah blah blah blah. But they ALWAYS seem so concerned about them, for some strange and yet unknown reason. Makes sense if you don't think about it.:lol

Knoe Itawl
05-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Knoe! Where have you been? It's good to see you're still fighting the good fight. Keep it up.:cheers:

What's up man. I lurk a lot, don't post as much. Probably will more as the playoffs go on.

fiddy
05-03-2012, 03:00 PM
**** that hater

gengiskhan
05-03-2012, 03:20 PM
depends how Kobe plays.

If kobe stops going for 30+ pts games against OKL, SAS. Lakers are a very dangerous team because they have the best talent in the front court.

If kobe actually decides aim for 20 pts/10+ asists games deep in the playoffs, OKL, SAS series can easily go 7 games.

but knowing kobe, he'll try his best playing "hero" ball & that will be his & Lakers unraveling as coach like Pop will exploit this.

Much easier for Gasol & Bynum to underperform.

Lakers aint winning with both Gasol & Bynum underperforming & kobe is fully capable of causing Lakers self-destruction all by himself.

LakersReign
05-03-2012, 03:22 PM
bwink, log into your real account cuz you're still not fooling anybody:sleeping

amfirst
05-03-2012, 03:25 PM
depends how Kobe plays.

If kobe stops going for 30+ pts games against OKL, SAS. Lakers are a very dangerous team because they have the best talent in the front court.

If kobe actually decides aim for 20 pts/10+ asists games deep in the playoffs, OKL, SAS series can easily go 7 games.

but knowing kobe, he'll try his best playing "hero" ball & that will be his & Lakers unraveling as coach like Pop will exploit this.

Much easier for Gasol & Bynum to underperform.

Lakers aint winning with both Gasol & Bynum underperforming & kobe is fully capable of causing Lakers self-destruction all by himself.

Lakers are best when Kobe is scoring 30 pts. What planet are u from. He just have to do it efficiently, which he normally does well in the playoffs. Bynum just needs to focus on defense and rebounds and occasionally score. This is when Lakers are at their best.

Teanett
05-03-2012, 03:32 PM

this is true.
if that fluke 1st round didnt happen, the spurs take out okc and nobody talks about okc being elite. they are lucky if they survive the mavs.

Simple Jack
05-03-2012, 03:33 PM
This is the same Hollinger who picked OKC to upset the Lakers in the first round a few years ago, singing the same song now. This is also the same guy who said Lebron supposedly had a concussion(supposedly cuz it was never verified by anybody), and that's why he had that slump towards the end of April. Furthermore, he said that shouldn't be held against Lebron for MVP consideration. He noticeably didn't make the same excuses for Durant. IMO, Hollinger's word on anything means nothing.

I'm always amazed by how many haters the Lakers have. Who CONSTANTLY say how much they supposedly suck blah blah blah blah blah. But they ALWAYS seem so concerned about them, for some strange and yet unknown reason. Makes sense if you don't think about it.:lol

The OKC series 2 years ago was won by the Lakers, in 6, on a game winner following a Kobe miss. In fact, Kobe didn't play well at all in that series. It wasn't a bad prediction considering how close the series was. :facepalm

gengiskhan
05-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Lakers are best when Kobe is scoring 30 pts. What planet are u from. He just have to do it efficiently, which he normally does well in the playoffs. Bynum just needs to focus on defense and rebounds and occasionally score. This is when Lakers are at their best.

If you are taking Denver Nuggets as opposition to judge Kobe's 30 pt games.

Just wait & see when level of competition is elevated 2 times when they meat OKL,

you'll soon find out Laker's are best when front court is fully utilized with Kobe actually looking to collect assists off big men.

OKL, SAS, MIAMI arent Nuggets. They are much much better competition for Lakers.

game3524
05-03-2012, 03:49 PM

Just wait & see when level of competition is elevated 2 times when they meat OKL,

you'll soon find out Laker's are best when front court is fully utilized with Kobe actually looking to collect assists off big men.

OKL, SAS, MIAMI arent Nuggets. They are much much better competition for Lakers.

They are at there best when Bynum is engaged defensively and decided to be their version of Tyson Chandler.

The way Bryant is playing is perfectly fine. The whole notion that he should be a 20 points and 10 assist guy is nonsense, he is ****ing scorer and a damn good one. Don't put him in a role that doesn't utilize his strengths.

BTW, Afflalo is checking Kobe and he did a hell of a job on him during the regular season and still Kobe is lighting his ass up. So the whole "weak" competition argument goes right out the window.

game3524
05-03-2012, 03:51 PM

Pretty much this.

It dates back to last season when they started rolling teams after the all-star break. Phil was able to convince Bynum to just worry about defense and rebounding and then they looked unbeatable for a stretch.

Heavincent
05-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Damn, feel bad for Spurs fans. Everything Hoolinger says is wrong, so it looks like the Spurs are gonna get bounced out.

Heavincent
05-03-2012, 04:08 PM
The OKC series 2 years ago was won by the Lakers, in 6, on a game winner following a Kobe miss. In fact, Kobe didn't play well at all in that series. It wasn't a bad prediction considering how close the series was. :facepalm

Kobe wasn't that bad in the OKC series. Pretty good for a guy playing on one knee.

Doctor Rivers
05-03-2012, 04:35 PM

they're definitely going to MEAT THEM UP!

Simple Jack
05-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Kobe wasn't that bad in the OKC series. Pretty good for a guy playing on one knee.

Come on dude. He clearly was playing below what you expected.

He had 2 good games in the series. Game 6 and game 2.

The rest?

21-2-3 on 6/19 fg
24-4-8 on 10/29 fg
12-3-4 on 5/10 fg
13-3-7 on 4/9 fg

He shot 40.8% for the series.

He was averaging 3.5 turnovers as well.

23.5/4/4.3/3.5 to's on 40.8% FG and 72% FT were his series averages.

Carbine
05-03-2012, 04:42 PM
The Lakers should be favorites vs. the Spurs, IMO.

It's very rare when you have the two best big men in the series, and the best perimeter player, that you end up losing. The Lakers have just that over the Spurs.

Kiddlovesnets
05-03-2012, 04:46 PM
The Lakers stand no chance against the Spurs, though they have a 50/50 chance against OKC or even greater. They got blown out by 20pts twice by the Spurs, completely outmatched Id say. Spurs may be struggling against Grizzlies or Thunder, but will need no more than 5 games to knock out the Lakers.

BlackVVaves
05-03-2012, 04:50 PM

Denver's wingmen did a hell of a job on Kobe during the regular season, holding him to his LOWEST PPG that he had against any team at 17 PPG, and shooting a dismal +30%. Kobe was expected to have a hard time scoring against them. Nice try trying to downplay the Nuggets though :applause:

And, Hollinger is right. Lakers have a 50/50 chance against SAS should they meet (though my money is still on SAS), but it's quite unlikely they get out the second round. They just don't have the depth or young legs to disrupt OKC's up and down play. Even if Kobe manages to take Westbrook out the equation (which I don't think he will for 4 games), Harden will destroy LA's second unit, or lack there of, and Durant will shoot just enough to get 4 wins.

Lakers fans best bet is to root like hell for Dallas right now.

Droid101
05-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Spurs may be struggling against Grizzlies or Thunder, but will need no more than 5 games to knock out the Lakers.

Scholar
05-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Casually pushing aside a Gasol/Bynum/Kobe combo is pretty dumb. That's a dangerous damn team with Bynum playing at an all-star level and Kobe shooting as well as he has all year

I do agree with him that San Antonio is the frontrunner, and they probably aren't getting the credit they deserve because of last years mess.

I'm a lifelong Lakers fan and I have to admit that shit made me laugh. Good one.

pegasus
05-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Come on dude. He clearly was playing below what you expected.

He had 2 good games in the series. Game 6 and game 2.

The rest?

21-2-3 on 6/19 fg
24-4-8 on 10/29 fg
12-3-4 on 5/10 fg
13-3-7 on 4/9 fg

He shot 40.8% for the series.

He was averaging 3.5 turnovers as well.

23.5/4/4.3/3.5 to's on 40.8% FG and 72% FT were his series averages.

He played only 29 minutes in game 4, because it was a 24-point blow-out. In their other 3 wins, which were all very close games, he averaged 30.6 PPG. Plus, his defense on Westbrook was a difference maker. Not bad for a guy on one knee.

Bigsmoke
05-03-2012, 05:13 PM
-Kobe's older
-Their bench sucks
-sessions is ok... everybody else besides of Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum suck
-Gasol still soft

Simple Jack
05-03-2012, 05:26 PM
He played only 29 minutes in game 4, because it was a 24-point blow-out. In their other 3 wins, which were all very close games, he averaged 30.6 PPG. Plus, his defense on Westbrook was a difference maker. Not bad for a guy on one knee.

:roll:

Post the rest of the numbers...for the losses as well.

Kobe has a good game in game 6 but misses the GW and it's not even acknowledged. Had LeBron done this you would have made at least 5 threads on it.

Kiddlovesnets
05-03-2012, 05:36 PM

Lakers match up poorly against the Spurs, didnt you watch how they got manhandled by the Spurs in the last two regular season encounters? I do believe they can play well against OKC, so your team may as well make it to the Conference Finals.

Doctor Rivers
05-04-2012, 05:52 AM
Lakers match up poorly against the Spurs, didnt you watch how they got manhandled by the Spurs in the last two regular season encounters? I do believe they can play well against OKC, so your team may as well make it to the Conference Finals.

If they do, they'll get destroyed

bl2k8
05-04-2012, 07:15 AM
Kobe in 2010 in the first round was all ****ed up. This Kobe is obviously better

SwayDizzle
05-04-2012, 07:20 AM
K I'll say it. The only team that can defeat the Lakers this year in the playoffs is the damn San Antonio Spurs. And it goes to at least 6 games.

All Net
05-04-2012, 07:34 AM

No they don't.

Lakers matchup great with the spurs and most spurs fans would tell you this.

Lakers stand a far better chance beating the spurs Than the thunder.

chips93
05-04-2012, 07:47 AM
No they don't.

Lakers matchup great with the spurs and most spurs fans would tell you this.

Lakers stand a far better chance beating the spurs Than the thunder.

how well splitter plays, if the spurs meet the lakers, could be huge

duncan-splitter is the only combo that doesnt get abused inside by the lakers, for the spurs

amfirst
05-04-2012, 10:57 AM
U understand the last game with the spurs Kobe just got back and wasn't really trying by letting his team mates play their offensive games.

The playoffs is different. Kobe will be scoring and controlling the temple while the other guys feed off his play. It's much harder to beat the Lakers when they play like this because everyone will know their proper role.

pegasus
05-04-2012, 11:38 AM
I honestly have no clue who will advance to the finals out of the group of OKC, LAL, SAS, and MEM. They are all very dangerous and close to each other. I guess SAS' HCA may put them over the top. And I also think all four of them would have a great chance to beat the Heat.

Whoah10115
05-04-2012, 12:01 PM
All I can think of is Dracula.

Doctor Rivers
05-10-2012, 06:42 AM

The Lakers won't even have a shot at the Spurs

Artillery
05-10-2012, 09:18 AM
The Lakers stand no chance against the Spurs, though they have a 50/50 chance against OKC or even greater. They got blown out by 20pts twice by the Spurs, completely outmatched Id say. Spurs may be struggling against Grizzlies or Thunder, but will need no more than 5 games to knock out the Lakers.

Yup. Parker raped Sessions so bad they had to put Blake on him who was probably just as worse. Bynum was also pretty awful defending the pick n roll in both blowout losses.

chris2010
05-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Im liking our chances this year in comparison to last year. At first i thought were were going to be a mediocre team at the beginning but we have been much better since. Hoping we were going to have the nuggets put away by now. But OKC is going to be a very tough series. Match up well but they are younger plus bynum deciding to take games off time to time. That will go a full 7 games.

If we win, i could see us beating the clips or spurs in a series. Memphis have no clue i barely watch them.

If we make it to the finals, we will likely be playing the Heat. Celtics if they make it are too old and not as good as they were last year. Against the Heat, 50/50. It would be one thing if we would breeze through the western conference playoffs but each potential opponent could be a 7 game series. Plus the Heat who have usually given us problems in the past.

Doctor Rivers
05-10-2012, 12:52 PM

http://s15.postimage.org/7r10cwkk9/Capture.png

LBJDW305
05-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Don't see the lakers beating OKC...specially the way they are tiring themselves running with this nuggets team it will only get worst with OKC..OKC fears the spurs that's about it

INDI
05-10-2012, 01:45 PM
The Lakers won't even have a shot at the Spurs

The spurs better pray that the grizzlies get taken out because that's a team I can really see them struggling with

LakersReign
05-10-2012, 02:00 PM
The spurs better pray that the grizzlies get taken out because that's a team I can really see them struggling with

The Clippers are no match for the Spurs, regardless of how well Chris Paul plays. Would be a real boring second round matchup. I'd much rather see them play the Griz as well

krazymofo
05-10-2012, 02:20 PM
LAWL! Hollinger you big ass Spurs Nut hugger! We can praise San Antonio for doing itself a good for making it to its 1st seed spot, but they will be upsetted come LA Clippers/ Memphis in the next round.

Cangri
05-10-2012, 02:26 PM
We'll see about that, the Spurs destroyed the Lakers in the regular season.

LakersReign
05-10-2012, 02:30 PM
We'll see about that, the Spurs destroyed the Lakers in the regular season.

It was even throughout the season. They beat Lakers, Lakers beat them. They do matchup well against each other. Would really be an interesting series.

LBJDW305
05-10-2012, 02:38 PM
It was even throughout the season. They beat Lakers, Lakers beat them. They do matchup well against each other. Would really be an interesting series.

Won't matter...lakers won't make it past OKC

:yaohappy:

eliteballer
05-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Yeah Hollinger, we're real scared of the Spurs. The regular season paper tiger of the last 4 years

Doctor Rivers
05-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Yeah Hollinger, we're real scared of the Spurs. The regular season paper tiger of the last 4 years

lol dumba$$

Artillery
05-21-2012, 08:42 AM

More like Lakers - regular season paper tiger of the last 2 years. 2nd round fodder for the elite teams.

tontoz
05-21-2012, 08:59 AM
LAWL! Hollinger you big ass Spurs Nut hugger! We can praise San Antonio for doing itself a good for making it to its 1st seed spot, but they will be upsetted come LA Clippers/ Memphis in the next round.

Lebron23
05-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Won't matter...lakers won't make it past OKC

:yaohappy:

Nostradamus

Knoe Itawl
05-21-2012, 09:50 AM

Shut up.

Doctor Rivers
05-28-2012, 09:11 AM

you're dumb

Knoe Itawl
05-28-2012, 10:57 AM

Shut up.

AMISTILLILL
05-28-2012, 01:49 PM

Credibility: 0