PDA

View Full Version : Adidas is partly to blame for Derrick Rose's injuries.

nathanjizzle
04-29-2012, 01:06 PM
the shoes they make are borderline dangerous for professional athletes to wear. There whole light weight shoe campaign there going for is ridiculous. a player of roses athleticism shouldnt be wearing 10oz of cusion as support.

he was actually injured last post season wearing the "crazy lights" against the pacers when he twisted his ankle, and twisted it again a few games later.
Now this has happened. If rose were wearing shoes with alittle bit more cusion, his ACL wouldnt have snapped due to sudden impact to the ground.

sad that both superstars endorsed by adidas are out with injuries that are due to shoe design.

AMISTILLILL
04-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Thanks doctor.

percolator
04-29-2012, 01:09 PM
dude needs to wear dem reeboks

BallsOut
04-29-2012, 01:09 PM
But the shoes made d rose even faster, so fast he became unguardable :confusedshrug:

Kblaze8855
04-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Nikes dont seem to have done much for Greg Oden.

nathanjizzle
an airsole in his shoe would have prevented the injury:facepalm

NoGunzJustSkillz
Thanks doctor.
Anybody else notice this clown sits on here 247 making sarcastic comments? Get a fcking life dude.

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Great comparison :coleman:

theaussieguy
04-29-2012, 01:11 PM
when u look at the injury i just don't know how it occurred, or even how it was avoidable. Looks like any other plant but this time his knee just gave out unfortunately.

Hittin_Shots
04-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Anybody else notice this clown sits on here 247 making sarcastic comments? Get a fcking life dude.

Thanks counsellor.

TeamLAC
04-29-2012, 01:12 PM
:biggums:

EvanW
04-29-2012, 01:14 PM
OP is being ridiculous. The reason DRose is in this situation is because he played injured all season. And when you play through injuries, this is what happens.

Steph Curry wears Nike's and his ankles haven't been what I'd call durable.

MMM
04-29-2012, 01:15 PM
What i've read is that not having enough padding in the heal area allows pressure to be transferred to the tibia instead of the knee which could cause injury.

AMISTILLILL

I guess you choose to ignore the comments of actual substance I post, which comprises probably 85% of my posts. If I've offended your delicate sensibilities, feel free to continue your butt hurt campaign.

L8k3r5
Please learn how to use the word THEIR properly.

Hittin_Shots
04-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Please learn how to use the word THEIR properly.

Which word where?

nathanjizzle
04-29-2012, 01:18 PM
OP is being ridiculous. The reason DRose is in this situation is because he played injured all season. And when you play through injuries, this is what happens.

Steph Curry wears Nike's and his ankles haven't been what I'd call durable.

how do you think he got those injuries in the first place? if you look at the kind of injuries hes had, they were all due to running.

nathanjizzle
04-29-2012, 01:20 PM
What i've read is that not having enough padding in the heal area allows pressure to be transferred to the tibia instead of the knee which could cause injury.

exactly....a simple airsole in his shoe would have prevented it. or heavier material that disperses impact better than light weight material.

Hittin_Shots
04-29-2012, 01:21 PM
how do you think he got those injuries in the first place? if you look at the kind of injuries hes had, they were all due to running.

There's the problem, we needs get rid of his legs, no more injuries to them then.

L8k3r5
04-29-2012, 01:21 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Its obviously making some people mad. He's successfully trolling and probably getting a kick out of it too.

AMISTILLILL
04-29-2012, 01:23 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Its obviously making some people mad. He's successfully trolling and probably getting a kick out of it too.

I'm just smarter than some of you. Don't sweat it.

L8k3r5
04-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Which word where?

the shoes they make are borderline dangerous for professional athletes to wear. There whole light weight shoe campaign there going for is ridiculous. a player of roses athleticism shouldnt be wearing 10oz of cusion as support.

he was actually injured last post season wearing the "crazy lights" against the pacers when he twisted his ankle, and twisted it again a few games later.
Now this has happened. If rose were wearing shoes with alittle bit more cusion, his ACL wouldnt have snapped due to sudden impact to the ground.

sad that both superstars endorsed by adidas are out with injuries that are due to shoe design.
He also spelled cushion wrong too. I just can't take posters seriously who can't f*cking spell :facepalm

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-29-2012, 01:24 PM
I guess you choose to ignore the comments of actual substance I post, which comprises probably 85% of my posts. If I've offended your delicate sensibilities, feel free to continue your butt hurt campaign.
lol at you reentering this thread. sick life bro.

L8k3r5
04-29-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm just smarter than some of you. Don't sweat it.
I wasn't talking to you smart one. (Notice the arrows pointing up to the quote). I was talking to the clown you were pissing off. :hammerhead:

nathanjizzle
04-29-2012, 01:26 PM
He also spelled cushion wrong too. I just can't take posers seriously who can't f*cking spell :facepalm

u mean posters?:roll:

AMISTILLILL
04-29-2012, 01:26 PM
lol at you reentering this thread. sick life bro.

I'm watching the Playoffs and posting about it. You have twice as many posts as I do in only 2 more years and have more posts per day. Stay butt hurt.

L8k3r5
04-29-2012, 01:28 PM
u mean posters?:roll:
Oh my bad, I just didn't press the t key hard enough. Let me fix that for you.

nathanjizzle
04-29-2012, 01:28 PM
L8k3r5 "He also spelled cushion wrong too. I just can't take posers seriously who can't f*cking spell :facepalm

:applause:

nathanjizzle
04-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Oh my bad, I just didn't press the t key hard enough. Let me fix that for you.

you even forgot a period.

thelucifer69
04-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Jeremy Lin wear Nike.
Iman Shumpert wear Adidas.

The lockout to blame for all injury.

L8k3r5
04-29-2012, 01:31 PM
:applause:
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
You caught me in the act. The world is gonna end. Someone get this man an award...

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-29-2012, 01:33 PM
I wasn't talking to you smart one. (Notice the arrows pointing up to the quote). I was talking to the clown you were pissing off. :hammerhead:
lol at this geek calling somebody a troll and it was somehow meant as a compliment.

L8k3r5
04-29-2012, 01:37 PM
lol at this geek calling somebody a troll and it was somehow meant as a compliment.
:roll: :roll: :roll: At you calling me geek. You're dumbass just doesn't get don't you?

zizozain
04-29-2012, 01:39 PM
OP dropped on head as baby

****ing stupid

nathanjizzle
04-29-2012, 01:42 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: At you calling me geek. You're dumbass just doesn't get it* don't you?

your grammar is terrible. and you actually try.

NoGunzJustSkillz
:roll: :roll: :roll: At you calling me geek. You're dumbass just doesn't get don't you?
Slow down buddy, it's not that important.

He also spelled cushion wrong too. I just can't take posers seriously who can't f*cking spell

lol

L8k3r5
Slow down buddy, it's not that important.
I got a bitch pointing out my mistakes now. You want a treat too? :lol

L8k3r5
04-29-2012, 01:43 PM
:no:

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-29-2012, 01:43 PM
dude is seriously owning himself in this thread.

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-29-2012, 01:44 PM
I got a bitch pointing out my mistakes now. You want a treat too? :lol
Go away little guy, you just sound foolish now.

L8k3r5
dude is seriously owning himself in this thread.
:kobe:

NumberSix
Honestly, Adidas technology is lightyears behind Nike's. A simple Zoom Air setup and Lunarlon midsole would work wonders for a guy like D.Rose.

nathanjizzle
04-29-2012, 01:46 PM
:no:

:kobe:
lol officer grammar scared to type words now.

tmacattack33
Wow, I didn't notice that both Dwight and Rose are with Adidas.

I think the OP may actually be correct. Though I've never played with any Adidas shoes, if they are going for a light weight campaign like the OP said, that is just stupid because with bball shoes you need cushion and support over weight.

L8k3r5
Go away little guy, you just sound foolish now.
http://dev.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/Troll-Face-psd62868.png

L8k3r5
04-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Never am.

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-29-2012, 01:49 PM
lmao, i was thinking the same thing.

L8k3r5
04-29-2012, 01:50 PM
lmao, i was thinking the same thing.
Look up dumbass.

nathanjizzle
04-29-2012, 01:52 PM
Wow, I didn't notice that both Dwight and Rose are with Adidas.

I think the OP may actually be correct. Though I've never played with any Adidas shoes, if they are going for a light weight campaign like the OP said, that is just stupid because with bball shoes you need cushion and support over weight.

yup look at dwights injury and roses injuries..all due to impact from the ground. lower back, knees and ankles...all due to little cushion on impact.

tmacattack33
04-29-2012, 01:52 PM

LOL, so one player wearing Nike's (out of probably like 75% of the league) getting injured means they are bad shoes?

Adidas has like 5 starting NBA players wearing their shoes. Two of them are injured. I believe Chauncey Billups may have been wearing them as well ( I just did a quick search and found this page: http://www.lakersuniverse.com/store/nba_basketball_shoes_adidas.htm ). LOL.

AMISTILLILL
04-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Now lets count how many players wearing Adidas aren't injured.

You guys are looking for something that isn't there.

ballup
04-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Ya, it must be the shoes. People don't realize that humans should be indestructible with the right footwear. And shoe's are always 100% responsible for knee injuries that followed awkward landings.

NumberSix
04-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Look at LeBron. He's been wearing sneakers with Air Max bags the past 3 seasons. Dude seems to be handling impact pretty well.

nathanjizzle
04-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Ya, it must be the shoes. People don't realize that humans should be indestructible with the right footwear. And shoe's are always 100% responsible for knee injuries that followed awkward landings.

acls arnt torn by awkward landings. its impact to the ground that tears it. if it was because of an awkward landing an mcl or lcl would have torn or sprained with it.

ofcourse humans are not indestructible. but ACL's shouldnt just implode by landing. roses landing wasnt awkward, his knee only looked awkward because it was bent in due to a disconnected acl.

gasolina
04-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Look at LeBron. He's been wearing sneakers with Air Max bags the past 3 seasons. Dude seems to be handling impact pretty well.
The same air max bags that caused rondo's ankle to twist horribly some seasons ago. You cant really blame the shoes for injuries like that. It doesnt seem like Rose's shoe gave way.

If people want to nitpick, how about brandon roy, greg oden, michael redd, steph curry? All of them getting hurt during non-lockout seasons? If you go before this year, rose and howard havent missed a lot of time. Its really the schedule thats screwing up the players.

Idk why people who dont wear adidas could even comment on their quality. The three stripes have very nice shoes thats all under $110.

Nike had the zoom air and air max for 10 yrs+ now and havent innovated apart from hyperfuse. Adidas has done leaps and bounds with puremotion, sprint frame, sprint skin, and sprint web.

Nike started the whole lightweight trend, and got beat in their own game. Now they put out that ridiculous kobe 7 with a dangerous separate midsole and say "you cant go TOO light". Guess what, previous kobe shoes were all lighter than the 7' so is Nike admitting those shoes are crap?

Yes i am mad :coleman:

theaussieguy
04-29-2012, 02:20 PM
i very highly doubt it was because a lack of cushion. His knee just gave out. Its like the broscience that people eat up thinking that jogging shoes are good for you by providing all that cushioning. The truth is, running shoes are actually worse for you than if you were running barefoot in a natural environment (obviously shoes are needed on hard surfaces though)

When analyzing the motions of athletes running barefoot they discovered that the toes lead the way by sort of feeling their wya over the ground. The weight is more evenly distributed as the feet have more of an opportunity to plant themselves with delicacy unlike when you wear shoes and you just pulversie the ground beneath you. Barefooted you sort of stride along, planting your feet gingerly but properly. Shoes take all that away and puts tremendous forces on your knees.

That was all irrelevant to basketball but interesting none the less how brainwashed society has become. I mean its not even a debate its a fact, running shoes are bad for you and we should all be jogging on grass barefooted.

Do people honestly think all these innovations in the shoes like "sprint frame" are as effective at preventing injury as they are effective at marketing for sales? its all just fancy words given to arbitrary design choices in the shoe.

tmacattack33
04-29-2012, 02:22 PM
The same air max bags that caused rondo's ankle to twist horribly some seasons ago. You cant really blame the shoes for injuries like that. It doesnt seem like Rose's shoe gave way.

If people want to nitpick, how about brandon roy, greg oden, michael redd, steph curry? All of them getting hurt during non-lockout seasons? If you go before this year, rose and howard havent missed a lot of time. Its really the schedule thats screwing up the players.

Idk why people who dont wear adidas could even comment on their quality. The three stripes have very nice shoes thats all under $110.

Nike had the zoom air and air max for 10 yrs+ now and havent innovated apart from hyperfuse. Adidas has done leaps and bounds with puremotion, sprint frame, sprint skin, and sprint web.

Nike started the whole lightweight trend, and got beat in their own game. Now they put out that ridiculous kobe 7 with a dangerous separate midsole and say "you cant go TOO light". Guess what, previous kobe shoes were all lighter than the 7' so is Nike admitting those shoes are crap?

Again, who gives a F about a few Nike player injuries? Most of the league is wearing them.

Adidas has like 5 players wearing them, and two of them are injured. They have a 40% failure rate (2/5th).

Nike can have 50 starting players get injured and their failure rate would still be lower than Adidas's this year.

Unless I am wrong and more than 5 starters are wearing Adidas.

theaussieguy
04-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Again, who gives a F about a few Nike player injuries? Most of the league is wearing them.

Adidas has like 5 players wearing them, and two of them are injured. They have a 40% failure rate (2/5th).

Nike can have 50 starting players get injured and their failure rate would still be lower than Adidas's this year.

yes because 5 players gives a sample population great enough to really measure the effectiveness at preventing injury..........

imdaman99
04-29-2012, 02:26 PM
he is derrick rose, he should be able to design his own sneaker...altho it prob aint the best thing to have an athlete design his own sneakers. maybe next year, adidas can design sneakers that he won't get hurt in.

i know its true, i used to wear starburys (lol marburys crappy sneaker line) and i used to get nagging ankle issues, plus they wore out after 2-3 months of basketball outside. sure they were $10-15, but they were not like a pair of nikes (duh). i am still wearing the CP3s from almost a year back.

DRose is important enough to the adidas line for them to make perfect adjustments for him, just sayin'

nathanjizzle
04-29-2012, 02:33 PM

i twisted my ankle playing in the hyper dunks, that weigh 11 ounces i think. light shoes = disaster. adidas are all about light shoes.

yes the shoes are partly to blame in a condensed season. if your shoes arnt designed well enough to cushion your bones and muscles from the floor, then your breaking down your bones and muscles every game and not being able to recover in a season like this. untill eventually you break something completely or miss allign something.

lebrons shoes is a good example. lebrons shoes weigh around 16-18 oz, where roses shoes weigh 12 oz. lebron shoes include air soles to absorb impact where roses shoes dont. They both sprint and jump the same, lebron even weights 40 pounds more. lebron is healthy, derrick rose is broken down.
its the truth. some airsoles would have saved derricks ACL and his prior injuries.

swi7ch
04-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Fila also destroyed Grant Hill's career.

nathanjizzle
04-29-2012, 02:40 PM
are we forgetting tracy mcgrady wore adidas?

inclinerator
04-29-2012, 02:42 PM
But the shoes made d rose even faster, so fast he became unguardable :confusedshrug:
unguardable cuz he's not playing

rodman91
04-29-2012, 02:44 PM
I blame Gangsta Rap.

http://blogs.bet.com/news/playahater/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/47452067.jpg

CelticBaller
04-29-2012, 02:44 PM
blame the shoes :applause:

imdaman99
04-29-2012, 02:48 PM
also, rose gotta know better than to make a crazy chaotic move when the game is in hand. take it easy and let someone make a play, it might give them confidence for the next game. i understand hurting yourself when it's a very close game, but take the foot off the pedal when the game is in hand.

CelticBaller
04-29-2012, 02:51 PM
are we forgetting tracy mcgrady wore adidas?
Dwight Howard wears adidas :confusedshrug:

bence23
04-29-2012, 02:53 PM

its actually 3 of 5 :lol

Living Being
04-29-2012, 02:53 PM
This shoe would have prevented the injury:
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/step-by-step/files/2010/03/skechers-shapeups-trainer-pink.jpg

NumberSix
04-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Actually, LeBron's current model is not the same air max bag. Not to mention, those Air Max BB 360's that Rondo was wearing are low cut sneakers. OBVIOUSLY more susceptible to ankle injuries.

I actually have PLENTY of Adidas. It is kinda odd though that the 2 guys who tore their ACL yesterday were botch wearing Adidas.

Rose was wearing the AdiZero Rose 2.5

Shumpert was wearing the Adidas Top Ten 2000, which Kobe wore in his rookie season.

http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/adidas-top-ten-2000-kobe-bryant-2.jpg

Nike's have changed a lot dude. They've pretty much abandoned leather for hyperfuse and flywire, but that's even the big thing they're doing. They're foam technology is leaps and bounds beyond what any other company is doing.

You obviously don't have any Kobe 7's. I personally have multiple pairs. They're not at all "dangerous". The midsoles are no different than any other shoe. It's not like they're just bouncing around in there. IT's actually very difficult to even take them out. They're locked in there VERY securely.

the idea is for the shoe to be light as possible while maintaining strength and stability. They're not just trying to make them the lightest ever just for the sake of being the lightest ever.

nathanjizzle
04-29-2012, 03:03 PM
remember when KG had knee injuries in 2008? that was when he was in the adidas "brotherhood" shoe campaign.

Living Being
04-29-2012, 03:21 PM
remember when KG had knee injuries in 2008? that was when he was in the adidas "brotherhood" shoe campaign.
Adidas sabotage confirmed.
Thanks /thread

NumberSix
04-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Adidas = German. Nuff said.

imdaman99
04-29-2012, 03:29 PM
Adidas = German. Nuff said.
a german raped the heat in the finals :lol

rodman91
04-29-2012, 03:38 PM
a german raped the heat last year :lol

2011 finals

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KUxIFSC_FCs/SwNQuHoApOI/AAAAAAAAAqk/ZyOe9pbGW8w/s1600/logjammin.jpg

rodman91
04-29-2012, 03:58 PM
http://live.drjays.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/RoseAdidas.jpg

/Thread :oldlol:

ProfessorMurder
04-29-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't see why this light shoe craze is happening. A few extra ounces isn't going to change much in basketball. Swimming and track, yeah, but not basketball.

Wear some shoes with padding it won't hurt.

Living Being
04-29-2012, 04:41 PM
I don't see why this light shoe craze is happening. A few extra ounces isn't going to change much in basketball. Swimming and track, yeah, but not basketball.

Wear some shoes with padding it won't hurt.
Seeing superstars wearing this ninja shoe crap may create a new underground "hardcore" movement of streetballers wearing super-heavy shoes/boots ala underwater and/or weighted-vest training.
Once they slap on these new cottony featherweight kitten bubblegum shoes, they will have 60" verts and the agility of a squirrel.

BlueandGold
04-29-2012, 04:43 PM
As a physical therapy/kinesiology background I can say that what the OP said is true. The makeup and design of different shoe brands can most definitely affect not only an athletes performance but also how ordinary people are able to walk and be active.

there is no definitive shoe brand because the knee/ankle and plantar (feet) makeup of every individual is unique, but there are most definitely shoes that can much more appropriately fit certain people much better than others. And also on the inverse side of that there are shoes that can hinder the walking/athletic ability for certain people as compared to others as well.

But with that said.. with 20 or so different physical therapists who are employed by the Bulls organization you don't think one of them could have said this to Rose?

Dictator
04-29-2012, 04:43 PM
Dwight, Drose, and Shumpert: The curse of the Adida

I<3NBA
04-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Lol at ppl blaming the shoes. While there are injuries which can be caused by improper shoe design, this is not one of them. An acl tear isn't just something that happens spontaneously. This is a conditioning issue.

I hate to remind all of you, but I called it here first. D.rose in a wheelchair in 2 years.

blablabla
04-29-2012, 04:48 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3123/2380632640_4577773d97.jpg

if they're good enough for wilt and bill they are good enough for anybody

chairman
04-29-2012, 04:51 PM
As a physical therapy/kinesiology background I can say that what the OP said is true. The makeup and design of different shoe brands can most definitely affect not only an athletes performance but also how ordinary people are able to walk and be active.

there is no definitive shoe brand because the knee/ankle and plantar (feet) makeup of every individual is unique, but there are most definitely shoes that can much more appropriately fit certain people much better than others. And also on the inverse side of that there are shoes that can hinder the walking/athletic ability for certain people as compared to others as well.

But with that said.. with 20 or so different physical therapists who are employed by the Bulls organization you don't think one of them could have said this to Rose?

So then what's the most recent basketball shoe you would recommend. Also have shin splints which are a b***. Medium arch btw

insidehoops
04-29-2012, 05:06 PM

Good stuff here

LBJ_MVP09
04-29-2012, 06:01 PM
acls arnt torn by awkward landings. its impact to the ground that tears it. if it was because of an awkward landing an mcl or lcl would have torn or sprained with it.

ofcourse humans are not indestructible. but ACL's shouldnt just implode by landing. roses landing wasnt awkward, his knee only looked awkward because it was bent in due to a disconnected acl.

While i commend your ability to use google to search for those terms, what you are saying is not true at all. ACL injuries happen all of the time due to awkward movements, it is not exclusively injured through impact. It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Pharcyde
04-29-2012, 06:03 PM

The medical staff for the Bulls is definitely partly to blame. Magic Johnson commented on the issue and said Derrick was being rushed back too much form his injuries. They were all unrelated, but they all happened to do overcompensation from the other injuries. The shoes may have started his original ankle/foot injuries though, which led to this.

Real Men Wear Green
04-29-2012, 06:10 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3123/2380632640_4577773d97.jpg

if they're good enough for wilt and bill they are good enough for anybody
I was going to post something just like this. IF it was just about having a thick, tough shoe how did players rock cloth tops for decades? Silly thread.

theaussieguy
04-29-2012, 06:24 PM
I was going to post something just like this. IF it was just about having a thick, tough shoe how did players rock cloth tops for decades? Silly thread.

its cos these *******s actually buy into all the marketing of these shoe companies so when something goes wrong its "because of this tech"

or "lack of that tech"

gasolina
04-29-2012, 06:40 PM
i twisted my ankle playing in the hyper dunks, that weigh 11 ounces i think. light shoes = disaster. adidas are all about light shoes.

lebrons shoes is a good example. lebrons shoes weigh around 16-18 oz, where roses shoes weigh 12 oz. lebron shoes include air soles to absorb impact where roses shoes dont. They both sprint and jump the same, lebron even weights 40 pounds more. lebron is healthy, derrick rose is broken down.
its the truth. some airsoles would have saved derricks ACL and his prior injuries.
I twisted my ankles in the Air Max 360 low and the Kobe Zoom, both heavy shoes, so what? :confusedshrug:

gasolina
04-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Chris Webber made a really good point about wearing the old cons. A lot of the older players wore those and that's why they walk funny now. I think it was during the TNT ASG special on shoes.

To the guy who said 5 starting players wear adidas - how about Tim Duncan, Andre Miller, Nene, Josh Smith, Jru Holiday, Turkoglu? 5 players? :oldlol:

nathanjizzle
04-29-2012, 06:50 PM
I twisted my ankles in the Air Max 360 low and the Kobe Zoom, both heavy shoes, so what? :confusedshrug:

ofcourse you did, you wore low tops and kobe zooms are like a sock. no ankle support:facepalm

MeLO MvP 15
04-29-2012, 07:14 PM
Shumpert is also adidas fwiw.

I don't think it has much to do with it... maybe more so with Rose though because he wears the crazy lights which are basically plastic and flimsy as hell. Shumpert has those bigger adidas.

gilalizard
04-29-2012, 07:42 PM
i very highly doubt it was because a lack of cushion. His knee just gave out. Its like the broscience that people eat up thinking that jogging shoes are good for you by providing all that cushioning. The truth is, running shoes are actually worse for you than if you were running barefoot in a natural environment (obviously shoes are needed on hard surfaces though)

When analyzing the motions of athletes running barefoot they discovered that the toes lead the way by sort of feeling their wya over the ground. The weight is more evenly distributed as the feet have more of an opportunity to plant themselves with delicacy unlike when you wear shoes and you just pulversie the ground beneath you. Barefooted you sort of stride along, planting your feet gingerly but properly. Shoes take all that away and puts tremendous forces on your knees.

That was all irrelevant to basketball but interesting none the less how brainwashed society has become. I mean its not even a debate its a fact, running shoes are bad for you and we should all be jogging on grass barefooted.

Do people honestly think all these innovations in the shoes like "sprint frame" are as effective at preventing injury as they are effective at marketing for sales? its all just fancy words given to arbitrary design choices in the shoe.

This.

Shoe "technology" is overrated, and may actually lead to more injuries. Having all those cushions and pads ****s up the natural bioengineering of the foot.

Once you learn how to run on your toes, instead of heel-striking, you realize how much you don't need massive, cushioned shoes.

Obviously basketball is a different animal than just running. But I wouldn't be surprised to see that bball athletes that wear less cushioned shoes are no more likely, if not less likely, to be injured. Not that a study like that would ever see the light of day if taken by the shoe companies themselves.

Real Men Wear Green
04-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Chris Webber made a really good point about wearing the old cons. A lot of the older players wore those and that's why they walk funny now. I think it was during the TNT ASG special on shoes.
Old players walk funny because they played hard for years. Old athletes in every sport have old injuries. Webber having been a Nike guy for at least the first part of his career isn't impartial.

RoseCity07
04-29-2012, 09:09 PM
https://p.twimg.com/ArnjTkACIAAKBE4.jpg

nathanjizzle
07-04-2012, 09:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v228cZtXG5s&lc=kPfFM49G8MkE0iueYrw3IYu2VGa2NZEHlQZjWqLcKKY&feature=inbox

"GUYS! I have been playing in these shoes for about a week now and they are not as comfortable as I expected. I will give it more time to break it but so far I have sore ankles and knees (doing regular training) , so not a good start."

pls d rose, dont do this to your career over shoes...

NumberSix
07-04-2012, 09:15 AM
The brotha shoulda wore Nike's.

Raz
07-04-2012, 09:21 AM
An ACL injury is a freak occurrence.

swi7ch
07-04-2012, 09:44 AM
This is how Grant Hill got hurt. He wore FILAs, LOL! Guess what happened when he started wearing shoes designed by a company that spends more money than any other shoe company in history?

I'm not saying Adidas is a bad brand but I'm just comparing FILA vs Nike. Grant Hill should sue FILA, IMO.

01amberfirewv
07-04-2012, 09:59 AM

Hyperdunk low-tops are the only shoes I have ever had that I played in regularly and didn't roll my ankles in. Its all about having strong ankles. Rose needs to quite relying on those braces and work on his ankles.

http://blog.strongerteam.com/post/2011/09/13/Ankle-Braces.aspx

PickernRoller
07-04-2012, 10:11 AM
A biased outsider like me would probably trim it down to 50% to be fair to both sides.....I gotta admit thou, nice comeback :lol
------------------

Anyway hope Rose turns to be one of a kind and comes back better than ever, he gonna need it to beat the Heat.........

TSFP
07-04-2012, 10:23 AM
I was about to buy me a pair until I saw this thread lol

FireDavidKahn
07-04-2012, 10:48 AM

No the NBA is to blame. They could of made heavier and thicker jerseys to help weigh down the athletes to compensate for the shoes.

nathanjizzle
03-31-2013, 07:35 PM
https://p.twimg.com/ArnjTkACIAAKBE4.jpg

you can now add kevin ware to that list. :facepalm
http://receph.apextech.netdna-cdn.com/images/tnph3/615/304/1/1/615/304/2013/03/31/crop_kevinware20130331.jpg

nathanjizzle
03-31-2013, 07:46 PM
http://receph.apextech.netdna-cdn.com/images/tnph3/615/304/1/1/615/304/2013/03/31/crop_kevinware20130331.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGt9VawCYAIikP8.jpg

nathanjizzle
11-25-2013, 11:20 PM
bump, time to bring a lawsuit to adidas.