PDA

View Full Version : how did Blake Griffin become one of the most hated players

zizozain
04-21-2012, 05:13 PM
and Why Do Players HATE Blake Griffin??

he was likeable last season but he is quickly becoming one of my most hated players in the NBA

to the point some praying for injury :no:

-he dunks on everyone and people dont appreciate his nuts in their face?

-The guy is just straight up arrogant?

-He's hollywood, wants every call to go his way?

-Stares every one down, people he didn't even dunk on?

-Flops like he just got shot?

-he's being given special treatment? (elbowing opps. on face while dunking)

i liked him last season ... but the special treatment made it hard to like him anymore

shallehalle
04-21-2012, 05:14 PM
every day Blake is FLOOOOPIN'...:banana:

AMISTILLILL
04-21-2012, 05:15 PM
He's not one of the most hated players. Get real.

People on this board dislike him, fans of other teams dislike him. He's a polarizing sports personality, just like Kobe, Shaq, Rodman; love them or hate them, but you've got to respect their performance on the court.

Cue the chorus of disapproval... but it's true. He might flop, he might complain, whatever... but the kid's in his second year and tearing up the league with pure athleticism alone.

In conclusion, you're a Lakers fan. You should know the answer to this already since you have the king of polarizing basketball players on your team.

flipogb
04-21-2012, 05:16 PM
the difference between Baron Davis and CP3

laid back cool to arrogant flopper

CelticBaller
04-21-2012, 05:21 PM
flop city

Meticode
04-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Because every-time he's touched he flails around like a little girl.

Al Thornton
04-21-2012, 05:35 PM

People on this board dislike him, fans of other teams dislike him. He's a polarizing sports personality, just like Kobe, Shaq, Rodman; love them or hate them, but you've got to respect their performance on the court.

Cue the chorus of disapproval... but it's true. He might flop, he might complain, whatever... but the kid's in his second year and tearing up the league with pure athleticism alone.

In conclusion, you're a Lakers fan. You should know the answer to this already since you have the king of polarizing basketball players on your team.

he's become very hated all over the internet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gG4W0L41FI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJJJqdoRNxs

look at the difference in like/dislike

AMISTILLILL
04-21-2012, 05:36 PM

YouTube comments..? Really?

Meticode
04-21-2012, 05:38 PM

Dislikse are Laker fans. That was sick. And :oldlol: at Gasol after he got up and Caron's reaction.

IcanzIIravor
I actually think a part of it is that his game has not elevated from what he did last year. The hype coming into this year was pretty up there, especially with CP3 coming to the team. I think if he was putting up monster numbers nightly that the backlash wouldn't be so great.

Al Thornton
YouTube comments..? Really?

the like/dislike ratio? they're not comments?

AMISTILLILL
04-21-2012, 05:45 PM
the like/dislike ratio? they're not comments?

The YouTube anything is what I'm talking about. You're using something that can easily be swayed in one direction by a particular group of motivated people to gauge the level of hate towards a player.

At the end of the day, I'm not even a big Griffin guy. I think the superstar calls are out of control right now, but if you're into any of the top marquee teams or players, your team has likely benefited from them at some point. It's always happening and always will happen.

The kid is a ridiculous athlete and is gravitating towards improving his jumper and defense. As a fan of the game, I enjoy watching him play.

And everybody flops.

I<3NBA
04-21-2012, 05:51 PM
he flops like a girl and then acts all tough with the stare downs. it's just ridiculous. if you're gonna act tough, don't flop like a girl.

Lebron23
04-21-2012, 05:59 PM
He's a flopper.

NumberSix
04-21-2012, 06:00 PM
Probably because he has a really stupid looking face.

QuebecBaller
04-21-2012, 06:05 PM
He flops
He's a flopper
He's a lean mean flopping machine

and everytime he flops, he have a face of a child who's about to cry... "mommy, why did he hurts me? :cry: "

Brujesino
04-21-2012, 06:06 PM
He dunks on people stares them down and then when they do something about it he flops.

SCdac
04-21-2012, 06:08 PM
He flops
He's a flopper
He's a lean mean flopping machine

and everytime he flops, he have a face of a child who's about to cry... "mommy, why did he hurts me? :cry: "

sad but true

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c506253ef01630015f890970d-600wi

CavaliersFTW
04-21-2012, 06:14 PM

:oldlol: :lol :roll:

Hate is a strong word that I rarely use,

*I dislike the Miami Heat

*I dislike Lebron James' decision

But I absolutely hate Blake fake-tough-flopper Griffin

LamarOdom
04-21-2012, 06:24 PM
If you're a hated player you're a great player. He's not great yet but he will become in the next two-three years, people just like hating on good players who isn't afraid to showboat and be cocky, I love players like that.

shady6121
04-21-2012, 06:29 PM
I blame ESPN/Sportscenter.

Prodigy
04-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Rigging a dunk contest will do that for me. Also, he's the same player Amare is, and I hate Amare's game.

Yung D-Will
04-21-2012, 07:18 PM
I've been Iffy of Griffin ever since ESPN claimed he was the 10th best player in the nba during the offseason. The flopping though has just been a bit much though

ihoopallday
04-21-2012, 07:19 PM
I blame ESPN/Sportscenter.

Same here. Just like they did with LeBron, the media hyped him up way too much.

Darius
04-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Because we have a culture that likes to build people up and then tear them down.

Dictator
04-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Flop

Glide2keva
04-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Maybe because of that rigged Dunk Contst

senelcoolidge
04-21-2012, 07:35 PM
I don't understand the hate. Especially when you have other players that flop more than him. Other players that are really arrogant. He's quiet, the worse he does is stare sometimes. He doesn't trash talk or celebrate after dunks. Just like everyone else he argues for calls. He's a model citizen. He always plays hard and wants to win. Guys have been getting dunked on since the NBA started, what's the big deal. I think a lot of it is straight up jealousy and envy. But the hate just shows the guy is a good player. If teams have to go to such lengths to stop him than he's really good. He'll be fine. Next year the media and the losers will find someone else to hate.

AMISTILLILL
04-21-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't understand the hate. Especially when you have other players that flop more than him. Other players that are really arrogant. He's quiet, the worse he does is stare sometimes. He doesn't trash talk or celebrate after dunks. Just like everyone else he argues for calls. He's a model citizen. He always plays hard and wants to win. Guys have been getting dunked on since the NBA started, what's the big deal. I think a lot of it is straight up jealousy and envy. But the hate just shows the guy is a good player. If teams have to go to such lengths to stop him than he's really good. He'll be fine. Next year the media and the losers will find someone else to hate.

This. People just get tired of seeing and hearing about him so they make up reasons not to like him. As if he flops anymore than guys like Wade or something.

mookie gaylock
04-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Because sports forums tend to attract low-IQ, immature, machismo. Thats why BG is hated.

swi7ch
04-21-2012, 07:49 PM
1) He flops the most in the NBA.
2) He always hits those little PGs right after the whistle (YouTube this; he's done it like 8x to different PGs. Only on PGs though and never players his own size.).

reppy
04-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Am I really going to be the first person to say it's because he's a ginger? :oldlol:

Anyways, I think it's a combination of flopping and dunking on people. No one likes to be one the losing end of a flop .. especially if you're not even involved in the play and the person flopping ends up smacking you as they flail about.

And no one likes to get dunked on in humiliating fashion.

gilalizard
04-21-2012, 08:32 PM
There are better players who flop worse. Some of LeBron's flops in last season's playoffs didn't even involve any contact whatsoever. That kind of bs is worthy of far more criticism.

CP3's influence on Blake hasn't been good in this respect. He flops too much, but he is not as bad as people make him out to be. Watching accomplished players like Pierce jump sideways into people, Wade often looking for and1's and bailouts before his feet even touch the floor, and LeBron's getting knocked down by phantoms is far worse.

Some of it's jealousy too. He's charismatic and was a star upon coming into the league. He's a second year player with big endorsement contracts that make most NBA players green with envy.

ILLsmak
04-21-2012, 08:36 PM
This. People just get tired of seeing and hearing about him so they make up reasons not to like him. As if he flops anymore than guys like Wade or something.

He's the largest, most talented athlete I've ever seen flop like that.

-Smak

NumberSix
04-21-2012, 08:49 PM
asshole .. remember your line when you get a stupid looking face child
Somebody's sensitive about stupid looking faces.

NumberSix
04-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Seriously though, he flops like such a bitch, but then acts like a big tough guy 20 seconds later when he commits an offensive foul that never gets called. He stares a guy down and it's like, are you fcuking serious? You were just rolling on the floor screaming "I want my mommy" 10 seconds ago.

SCdac
04-21-2012, 08:58 PM
I don't think it's the posterizations either, in fact, him dunking on that dude from the Knicks alone made him one of the most popular players last season. fans like a human highlight reel. it's all the 'extracurricular' stuff that annoys people. playing for the foul rather than playing for the basket = weak and annoying. duncan for instance has been fouled a ton in his career, some of them questionable (ie. star calls), but never got the feeling he played for the call.

devin112
04-21-2012, 11:37 PM
Violating other teams for 5 dunks a night, in every arena in every state, will do it.

LABean
04-21-2012, 11:39 PM
His FLOPPING caused this. :confusedshrug:

dunksby
04-21-2012, 11:43 PM
It's not his dunks that has made him hated, get real he aint the first dunker nor the best one in the history of the game. It's his fake tough guy attitude and the fact that when he dunks he is all tough and mean but even when a player half his size lightly touches him he goes down like a little bitch and acts like he has been roundhouse kicked by Chuck Norris.

Eat Like A Bosh
04-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Because of his flopping. But It's understandable. People have been beating up Blake all season. His teammates never stick up for him. He gets nailed hard every game. He probably has surpassed Dwight Howard for taking the most beatings a game.

brahmabull117
04-21-2012, 11:54 PM
he goes down like a little bitch and acts like he has been roundhouse kicked by Chuck Norris.

LMAO, fcking epic quote

http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj483/llllllkkkk/michael-jordan-lol.gif

gilalizard
04-22-2012, 02:26 AM
but even when a player half his size lightly touches him he goes down like a little bitch and acts like he has been roundhouse kicked by Chuck Norris.

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/lebron-flop-3.gif

Blake is far from the first to pull that bullshit.

And mind you, there's no "lightly touches" here. There's no touch at all.

devin112
04-22-2012, 02:49 AM
His FLOPPING caused this. :confusedshrug:

His dunking on people and quick rise to stardom had nothing to do with it....

dunksby
04-22-2012, 02:51 AM

Lebron is the most hated player in the leauge wtf you on about?

gilalizard
04-22-2012, 02:57 AM
Lebron is the most hated player in the leauge wtf you on about?

did you not read what I wrote?

maybeshewill13
04-22-2012, 02:58 AM
Probably because he has a really stupid looking face.

:roll:

dunksby
04-22-2012, 03:11 AM
did you not read what I wrote?
If you disagree with me make your point so I can address it?

gilalizard
04-22-2012, 03:13 AM
If you disagree with me make your point so I can address it?

You seem to have been disagreeing with me in the first place, so...

dunksby
04-22-2012, 03:14 AM
You seem to have been disagreeing with me in the first place, so...
Now this is getting confusing, how about this, if you agree with my initial post then it's all good :cheers:

Kobe 4 The Win
04-22-2012, 03:24 AM
Flopping, staring people down after he commits an offensive foul while dunking on them.

maybeshewill13
04-22-2012, 04:01 AM
Flopping, staring people down after he commits an offensive foul while dunking on them.

Poor Pau :oldlol:

alenleomessi
04-22-2012, 04:08 AM
I dont see anyone hating Shaq, Pippen or Jordan for stuff like that

SacJB Shady
04-22-2012, 04:11 AM
Blake is a diva, looks like a little kid.

maybeshewill13
04-22-2012, 04:14 AM

Common man lets not compare Griffin to Jordan/Shaq/Pippen :no:

devin112
04-22-2012, 05:53 AM
It's not his dunks that has made him hated, get real he aint the first dunker nor the best one in the history of the game. It's his fake tough guy attitude and the fact that when he dunks he is all tough and mean but even when a player half his size lightly touches him he goes down like a little bitch and acts like he has been roundhouse kicked by Chuck Norris.

I'm sure all opposing fans love it when he dunks in their team 5 times a game. And actually, the dunking he's doing right now hasn't been seen since a young VC, but VC didn't rise in stardom this fast. ASG his rookie season and he keeps on rising.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't hated.

ILLsmak
04-22-2012, 12:01 PM

lol, you forget people hate LeBron, too. Bad example.

-Smak

kurple
04-22-2012, 12:13 PM
cp3 is worse (as a flopper), but i hate the both of them

NumberSix
04-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Shaq wasn't on the floor crying 5 times each game.

Clippersfan86
04-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Blake Griffin leads the NBA in points in the paint, is the most hacked player in the NBA.. yet only averages 7 free throws per game, pretty much the bottom among superstars. Something is VERY wrong with that. The 2nd best points in paint player and second most hacked player Dwight Howard is shooting about 13 free throws a game.

So the idea that Blake gets any sort of preferential treatment from refs is completely ignorant and it's a lie that's being spread just like the one that he somehow flops more than any player in the NBA :facepalm . Hell on his own team 3 people flop more than him. CP3, Evans and Mo Williams flop every game, Blake doesn't.

swi7ch
04-22-2012, 12:34 PM

They don't have a stupid looking face.

chairman
04-22-2012, 12:38 PM
They don't have a stupid looking face.
This. Lebron has a stupid looking hairline

BlueCrayon
04-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Blake Griffin leads the NBA in points in the paint, is the most hacked player in the NBA.. yet only averages 7 free throws per game, pretty much the bottom among superstars. Something is VERY wrong with that. The 2nd best points in paint player and second most hacked player Dwight Howard is shooting about 13 free throws a game.

So the idea that Blake gets any sort of preferential treatment from refs is completely ignorant and it's a lie that's being spread just like the one that he somehow flops more than any player in the NBA :facepalm . Hell on his own team 3 people flop more than him. CP3, Evans and Mo Williams flop every game, Blake doesn't.

Maybe he doesn't get any preferential treatment but he still flops even when he doesn't get the call.

ILLsmak
04-22-2012, 12:46 PM

I wanna see a tag team match:

Lebron + Lebron23 vs Blake Griffin + Clippersfan86

-Smak

Clippersfan86
04-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Maybe he doesn't get any preferential treatment but he still flops even when he doesn't get the call.

And I agree with this. He flops many times when it isn't called.... but that can be said about a lot of players. Nobody should be angry about that. I know personally I only get pissed about flopping when it's actually called and forces refs to call a BS call. If it's a failed flop attempt then who cares? If anything it's good for humor. When CP3 flies to the floor and tumbles on a flop and refs don't call.... it's straight entertainment.

Cangri
04-22-2012, 12:51 PM
He acts tough and thinks he's tough when he's dunking on people (offensive foul or not) but then he flops like a pu.ssy on every fking game. Can't respect that sht/

zizozain
10-14-2012, 08:03 PM
another reason: Clippersfan86

outbreak
10-14-2012, 09:22 PM
half his dunks are offensive fouls and he flop and whines. He's an impressive player but he needs to look at his image and change it.

atljonesbro
10-14-2012, 10:17 PM
YOOO Griffin like this one boy fu*kin hate sooooo much. That nugga Yozel. I said "yo Yozel you got a big a$$ head nugga" n he was like "wow man y u bein so mean ima tell my momz if u dnt stop" then i called him a fu*k nugga. He told his mom and i was like wooooooooooow. She said stop n i was like ok. Then when she left i said he got dat pumpkin head n he fu*kin told my mom :biggums: . My mom told me not to call people namez but afterwords she did say he had a pumpkin head lmaoooooooooooooooo.

Yo but the moral here is Griffin just like this nugga Yozel. Always tellin people of higher authority sht u do.

chips93
10-14-2012, 10:31 PM
i didnt really like blake, until i heard him on nral brennans podcast

he seems like a pretty funny/chill dude. very likeable, too bad he doesnt show that side of himself on the court.

Clippersfan86
10-14-2012, 10:35 PM
i didnt really like vlake, until i heard him on nral brennans podcast

he seems like a pretty funny/chill dude. very likeable, too bad he doesnt show that side of himself on the court.

When was that?

Edit: oh the Champs one.

Yea Blake is a great guy, a great leader and teammate man. It's really something you'd have to see more to get. If he was on any of the posters teams that dislike him they would love him. Same with CP3.. hate him when he's not on your team.

ZenMaster
10-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Flopping and staring down other players down at the same time isn't a good combination.

outbreak
10-14-2012, 10:57 PM
When was that?

Edit: oh the Champs one.

Yea Blake is a great guy, a great leader and teammate man. It's really something you'd have to see more to get. If he was on any of the posters teams that dislike him they would love him. Same with CP3.. hate him when he's not on your team.

Not so sure, Blake seems like the kind of player that's going to bog a team down to mediocrity every year.

CavaliersFTW
10-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Not so sure, Blake seems like the kind of player that's going to bog a team down to mediocrity every year.
cancerous is the word your looking for, and I agree he gives off that vibe

outbreak
10-14-2012, 11:13 PM
cancerous is the word your looking for, and I agree he gives off that vibe

I don't mean cancerous I just mean the way he plays seems to me like a guy who will be paid alot and be the clippers star for the next 10 years but every season they'll fail to make the finals.

Clippersfan86
10-14-2012, 11:18 PM
I don't mean cancerous I just mean the way he plays seems to me like a guy who will be paid alot and be the clippers star for the next 10 years but every season they'll fail to make the finals.

Making the finals is something you're making sound easy. Besides CP3 is a top 5 player and the team is loaded with depth and young upside. Griffin won't need to carry the team.

Rubio2Gasol
10-14-2012, 11:21 PM
Doesn't have the necessary respect for his colleagues.

Also he seems to have regressed in terms of work ethic and willingness to work on what was a pretty good post game out of college. Only seems to want to dunk.

outbreak
10-14-2012, 11:41 PM
Doesn't have the necessary respect for his colleagues.

Also he seems to have regressed in terms of work ethic and willingness to work on what was a pretty good post game out of college. Only seems to want to dunk.

Dunking for him is pretty efficient when your not called for any offensive fouls though

Clippersfan86
10-14-2012, 11:47 PM
His post game and defense looks very good in 3 preseason games. Free throw still broken but you guys should watch some games before ridiculius claims. Griffin is one of the hardest workers in the NBA.

CavaliersFTW
10-14-2012, 11:51 PM
His post game and defense looks very good in 3 preseason games. Free throw still broken but you guys should watch some games before ridiculius claims. Griffin is one of the hardest workers in the NBA.
Shane Battier completely shut him down in the post though...

Clippersfan86
10-14-2012, 11:54 PM
Shane Battier completely shut him down in the post though...

Huh? He had his way with Battier and 4 of his misses were jumpers, not post moves. Last game he had 18 in like 25 min and went 3 for 4 from midrange and great post moves. Wait till the season before criticizing but you intentionally troll so doubt you will.