PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat has always been overrated.

nathanjizzle
03-26-2012, 09:09 AM
i hope everyone is beginning to see how overrated the Miami heat are. I am not trying to hate, but they are not as good of a team as everyone is assuming. There talents in the big three are too close in position to be effective as the added face value of each individual big 3 player. If you look at the celtics, there big 3 were the same positions, but miami heat are missing something the celtics had, a pointguard and center. Even then celtics only won 1 championship and they have declined since then only 4 years later ready to blow up the team.

The miami heat thought they could throw 3 superstars together and make a legitimate championship contending team, only to create a Conference Finals team and nothing more. There issue is too much star power, where there supporting cast is only there to support the big 3s agenda to win a championship, and not pursue there own goal to win one. In the miami heat team there are 3 leaders and the rest followers. In a real championship contending team there are all leaders that want the same goal.

:coleman:

gengiskhan
03-26-2012, 09:17 AM
wait till the Playoffs start......

we've been this road before.........

Bulls best record in the East. Home court Advantange.......

Lebron, Wade, Bosh turning it on again when it counts......

Rose completely PWNed by long arms of Lebron, Wade defensively

Bosh showing Big time all of a sudden........

Miami Heat 3-headed trio have come together for 1 reason......

To make to NBA Finals every year til they're together......

Only team that can compete with Heat is OKL

Teams like CHI, LA, SPURS cannot match Heat in 7 games series till

Dwight is added to their line up

I rest my case.

D-Wade316
03-26-2012, 09:17 AM
:lebron:

imdaman99
03-26-2012, 09:23 AM
bulls fans were so cocky last year. all my chicago cousin did was talk shit about lebron and the heat last year. and then lebron undressed the bulls in the playoffs again. wait for it guys... :lol

and i hate the heat too.

D-Wade316
03-26-2012, 09:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMXEPPKdGVA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdgNH1a1sCg

Glide2keva
03-26-2012, 09:33 AM
wait till the Playoffs start......

we've been this road before.........

Bulls best record in the East. Home court Advantange.......

Lebron, Wade, Bosh turning it on again when it counts......

Rose completely PWNed by long arms of Lebron, Wade defensively

Bosh showing Big time all of a sudden........

Miami Heat 3-headed trio have come together for 1 reason......

To make to NBA Finals every year til they're together......

Only team that can compete with Heat is OKL

Teams like CHI, LA, SPURS cannot match Heat in 7 games series till

Dwight is added to their line up

I rest my case.
And yet, they still didn't win the title last year. Go figure.

305Baller
03-26-2012, 09:33 AM
i hope everyone is beginning to see how overrated the Miami heat are. I am not trying to hate, but they are not as good of a team as everyone is assuming. There talents in the big three are too close in position to be effective as the added face value of each individual big 3 player. If you look at the celtics, there big 3 were the same positions, but miami heat are missing something the celtics had, a pointguard and center. Even then celtics only won 1 championship and they have declined since then only 4 years later ready to blow up the team.

The miami heat thought they could throw 3 superstars together and make a legitimate championship contending team, only to create a Conference Finals team and nothing more. There issue is too much star power, where there supporting cast is only there to support the big 3s agenda to win a championship, and not pursue there own goal to win one. In the miami heat team there are 3 leaders and the rest followers. In a real championship contending team there are all leaders that want the same goal.

http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/KF/2010/11/17/gif_headnod350.gif

Glide2keva
03-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Remember how cocky Heat fans were all year until the Finals?

Remember how quiet it got once the Finals were over?

Expect more of the same.

imdaman99
03-26-2012, 10:04 AM

Expect more of the same.
:cheers: i got the heat losing in the finals again too bro :lol

All Net
03-26-2012, 10:13 AM
If Miami are to lose then I think it's more likely to come in the conference finals than the finals.

Spell&Grammar
03-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Miami Heat has always been overrated.

The sentence should be changed to:

The Miami Heat have always been overrated.

In this particular case, "The Heat" is plural, not singular.

Spell&Grammar

MMM
03-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Both fan bases are really cocky and I don't really understand it. Shouldn't Bulls fans learn from last year when they were in a similar position to this one??? and the same thing applies to the heat and the finals.

Rnbizzle
03-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Both fan bases are really cocky and I don't really understand it. Shouldn't Bulls fans learn from last year when they were in a similar position to this one??? and the same thing applies to the heat and the finals.
Alright, so who are the teams that should be confident right now than, according to you? Lakers, Mavericks, Spurs and Celtics are older and apart from Dallas, the other three kinda got destroyed last year. The Heat, Bulls and Thunder are the best teams in the regular season so far, but they all got bounced last year..

Philly, Indiana and LAC are all unproven so they can't be too confident..

Orlando and Memphis have had solid playoff runs before but neither could get over the hump, and their teams haven't changed since then, really.

Then there's a few wildcards who most likely won't go anywhere (NYK, Phoenix, Denver, Houston)

How strange is it really that the fans of the Heat, Bulls and Thunder are really confident this year.

MMM
03-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Alright, so who are the teams that should be confident right now than, according to you? Lakers, Mavericks, Spurs and Celtics are older and apart from Dallas, the other three kinda got destroyed last year. The Heat, Bulls and Thunder are the best teams in the regular season so far, but they all got bounced last year..

Orlando and Memphis have had solid playoff runs before but neither could get over the hump, and their teams haven't changed since then, really.

Then there's a few wildcards who most likely won't go anywhere (NYK, Phoenix, Denver, Houston)

How strange is it really that the fans of the Heat, Bulls and Thunder are really confident this year.

Nothing wrong in confidence and in my original post I shouldn't have generalize because it is not the entire fan base but their a lot of fans on both sides that are overly confident and come off as cocky.

Stern
03-26-2012, 11:19 AM

I dont see any Thunder fans getting cocky unlike you bulls and heat supporters.

Glide2keva
03-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Cocky?

I think most real Bulls fans on here say the Bulls CAN beat Miami, but haven't gone so far as to say they WILL beat them.

Whereas on the other hand, Heat fans are acting like they are in he Finals already and are just waiting on the buzzer to sound.

Glide2keva
03-26-2012, 02:04 PM
I dont see any Thunder fans getting cocky unlike you bulls and heat supporters.
How are Bulls fans cocky?

Be careful because a lot of the people that post pro Bulls threads aren't even Bulls fans.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-26-2012, 02:04 PM
They went to the Finals their first year together, how are they overrated? I hate the Heat as much as the next man, but come on now.

La Frescobaldi
03-26-2012, 02:17 PM
The sentence should be changed to:

Spell&Grammar

Actually, in this particular case, not only are you wrong, you even corrected yourself in your own sentence.

"The Heat" is singular. There's only 1 team.

nadthadidfrigginmadderedtho

Real Men Wear Green
03-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Shouldn't it be..."Spelling & Grammar?"

http://www.infobarrel.com/media/image/55538.jpg

La Frescobaldi
03-26-2012, 04:21 PM

yah mon weezun's ain'jonna beez'nz choozinz doh, deez mon heez tryinz

gilalizard
03-26-2012, 04:42 PM

It's a name, not a sentence.

derb2k2
03-26-2012, 04:56 PM
dumb reaction thread by a dummy. What happened last year? Heat sh*t on the Bulls 4-1 without homecourt. Stop looking for a reason to demean the Heat, man. YOU know the Heat are a great team. Just like I admit that the Bulls are a great team and are able to beat us.

Glide2keva
03-26-2012, 05:01 PM
dumb reaction thread by a dummy. What happened last year? Heat sh*t on the Bulls 4-1 without homecourt. Stop looking for a reason to demean the Heat, man. YOU know the Heat are a great team. Just like I admit that the Bulls are a great team and are able to beat us.If by shitting, you mean they won four close games that came down to the wire, then yeah they shat on the Bulls the whole series.

:rolleyes:

Oh my bad, I forgot the heat blew the Bulls out in all of those games, oh wait.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-26-2012, 05:03 PM
list the teams that have 3 perennial all-stars.
Of those teams, how many have 2 of the top 5 players in the world?

poido123
03-26-2012, 05:05 PM
dumb reaction thread by a dummy. What happened last year? Heat sh*t on the Bulls 4-1 without homecourt. Stop looking for a reason to demean the Heat, man. YOU know the Heat are a great team. Just like I admit that the Bulls are a great team and are able to beat us.

Aside from the fact we didnt get sh*t on, in fact it was a close series that went only 5 games, could of been alot more.

Heat are NOT a great team, they get by with pure talent, big difference.

As for still bringing up last year, I find that funny since your finals performance was rather embarassing. Lebron and Wade were about as disappointing as you can get :rolleyes: I bet the Bulls would of pushed that series at least 6 games against the mavs.

If Bulls bounce the Heat this year, what then? The Heat and its fans will be left in a shambles, and Lebron will live with being a long time loser.

Glide2keva
03-26-2012, 05:06 PM
And of those teams, which one won the title last year?

Oh, wait.

Nevermind.

Spell&Grammar
03-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Actually, in this particular case, not only are you wrong, you even corrected yourself in your own sentence.

Thank you for your interest in spelling and grammar.

My original post is factually correct. Let's use examples to illustrate:

The San Antonio Spurs have always been overrated.
The Golden State Warriors have always been overrated.
The Los Angeles Lakers have always been overrated.

Just like the other team nicknames above, "The Miami Heat" refers to a group of individuals. Therefore, it is plural, not singular.

In order to emphasis the point, you can replace "The Miami Heat" with its appropriate pronoun. In this case, we would use the pronoun "They".

They have always been overrated.

As for my use of the word "is" in describing "The Heat", we are simply talking about the phrase itself. Since there is one phrase, this is singular. Therefore, we use "is" to describe it. This becomes obvious when replacing "The Heat" with its proper pronoun, "it".

In this particular case, it is plural, not singular.

We appreciate your feedback.

Spell&Grammar

Spell&Grammar
03-26-2012, 05:16 PM

Thank you for your continued interest.

InsideHoops only allows 15 characters maximum to create a Username. Thus, the name "Spell&Grammar" was used instead of "Spelling&Grammar".

Spell&Grammar

Rnbizzle
03-26-2012, 05:25 PM

Just like the other team nicknames above, "The Miami Heat" refers to a group of individuals. Therefore, it is plural, not singular.

In order to emphasis the point, you can replace "The Miami Heat" with it's appropriate pronoun. In this case, we would use the pronoun "They".

As for my use of the word "is" in describing "The Heat", we are simply talking about the phrase itself. Since there is one phrase, this is singular. Therefore, we use "is" to describe it. This becomes obvious when replacing "The Heat" with its proper pronoun, "it".

Spell&Grammar
Schooled, literally. :bowdown: :bowdown:

LWBMIA
03-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Aside from the fact we didnt get sh*t on, in fact it was a close series that went only 5 games, could of been alot more.

Heat are NOT a great team, they get by with pure talent, big difference.

As for still bringing up last year, I find that funny since your finals performance was rather embarassing. Lebron and Wade were about as disappointing as you can get :rolleyes: I bet the Bulls would of pushed that series at least 6 games against the mavs.

If Bulls bounce the Heat this year, what then? The Heat and its fans will be left in a shambles, and Lebron will live with being a long time loser.

Did you even watch the finals?

Wade was fine in the finals for the most part(notably games 1,2,3 and 4) but Dallas was better at late game execution in game 2 and game 4.

Dallas came back from being down 15 in game 2 and Wade missed a game tying free throw in game 4 and lost control of the ball but Wade was not
disappointing in that game outside of "choking" at the end.

And the Heat/Dallas series went to 6 games.Every game was extremely close in the final minutes except game 6.

Real Men Wear Green
03-26-2012, 05:34 PM
Thank you for your continued interest.

InsideHoops only allows 15 characters maximum to create a Username. Thus, the name "Spell&Grammar" was used instead of "Spelling&Grammar".

Spell&Grammar
With all due respect, my user name is 19 characters long. I'm afraid we're going to have to start exposing your secrets. Just come clean. The cover-up is always worse than the crime.

Dictator
03-26-2012, 05:36 PM
With all due respect, my user name is 19 characters long. I'm afraid we're going to have to start exposing your secrets. Just come clean. The cover-up is always worse than the crime.

:lol

chips93
03-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Spell&Grammar getting exposed?

http://i.imgur.com/eSX5q.gif

Spell&Grammar
03-26-2012, 05:45 PM

Thank you for continued interest in spelling and grammar.

Fifteen digits appears to be the current maximum when creating a new Username. This was also the case when creating my Username in September of 2010.

Perhaps in 2006, InsideHoops allowed more characters for a Username. Nevertheless, Spell&Grammar does not profess to be an expert in computer technology or web based services.

We appreciate your support.

Spell&Grammar

Real Men Wear Green
03-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Thank you for continued interest in spelling and grammar.

Fifteen digits appears to be the current maximum when creating a new Username. This was also the case when creating my Username in September of 2010.

Perhaps in 2006, InsideHoops allowed more characters for a Username. Nevertheless, Spell&Grammar does not profess to be an expert in computer technology or web based services.

We appreciate your support.

Spell&Grammar
I'm sorry, but, Sir, for around a year and a half you have unleashed a McCarthian reign of terror over the mildly ignorant and/or lazy posters of the Insidehoops message board. While I confess to also being disturbed by the actions of those that feel the need to type out their colloquialisms I cannot stand idly by and watch this mockery. You, as the premier ISH paragon of purity in paragraph must be held to a higher standard. I cannot believe that, when finally taken to task for your error of erudition you result to an excuse as lame as..."bureaucratic snafu."

For shame, good Sir.

For shame.

KingBeasley08
03-26-2012, 06:12 PM

Expect more of the same.
remember how you dissapeared after the ECF last year?

Peteballa
03-26-2012, 06:19 PM

In order to emphasis the point, you can replace "The Miami Heat" with its appropriate pronoun. In this case, we would use the pronoun "They".

Spell&Grammar

:lebron:

nathanjizzle
03-26-2012, 09:29 PM

truhooper
03-26-2012, 09:29 PM
yawn

d21221hk
03-26-2012, 09:37 PM
lol heat and bull fans can argue all you want, KD and co are taking it this year. :lol

305Baller
03-26-2012, 10:23 PM
http://static4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Stanley+_81136c014fcdc39ab236eb398841ce60.gif

Slang&Ebonics
03-26-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm sorry, but, Sir, for around a year and a half you have unleashed a McCarthian reign of terror over the mildly ignorant and/or lazy posters of the Insidehoops message board. While I confess to also being disturbed by the actions of those that feel the need to type out their colloquialisms I cannot stand idly by and watch this mockery. You, as the premier ISH paragon of purity in paragraph must be held to a higher standard. I cannot believe that, when finally taken to task for your error of erudition you result to an excuse as lame as..."bureaucratic snafu."

For shame, good Sir.

For shame.

Damn, niggah, yu be all up in dat guyz azz, motherphucker. Aight!!!!!

Slang&Ebonics

Jameerthefear
03-26-2012, 10:26 PM

Slang&Ebonics
This is hilarious.

imdaman99
03-26-2012, 11:46 PM
the thunder are close to that... just saying.

Real Men Wear Green
03-26-2012, 11:49 PM

Slang&Ebonics
It had to be done, as much as it hurt me to do it. He was a good man, just...he took a dark path.

With that sid, I do not engage in gay sex and have probably not had sexual relations with your mother. Although I may have. But I don't think so. At least, I deny it. I mean, the whole damn neighborhood...I AM NOT YOUR FATHER. Damn.

TheBigVeto
03-27-2012, 01:11 AM
And yet, they still didn't win the title last year. Go figure.

It was totally understandable. Dirk >>>>>>>>>>>>> Lebron + Wade + Bosh.
It's like the Jazz losing against Jordan's Bulls. Totally understandable.

EnoughSaid
03-27-2012, 01:14 AM
If you're counting these types of threads from last year, then this is like what? #50000? :facepalm Just like last year when the Heat lost 5 in a row, and everyone was going crazy about how the Bulls would beat them and are much better. Calm down and wait until the playoffs. It's all over then for the Bulls, Thunder and everyone else. :bowdown:

La Frescobaldi
03-27-2012, 01:30 AM

Spell&Grammar

Sorry comrade, but clearly you're lost.

1. this is a basketball site why are you bringing this crap, especially when you obviously don't understand usage of possessive nouns.

2. Every example you brought is a plural possessive EXCEPT the Heat.

Lakers ARE
Heat IS.

3. The simple example is CAR. Who would ever say "my car ARE going down the road" ?
Yet cars are made up of thousands of parts... even more parts than a basketball team.
You would say "my carS ARE going down the road."

The Laker clearly refers to an individual player; the Lakers clearly refers to a plurality.
The Heat is a singular possessive.

Use a plural verb for plural nouns.
Very simple. Look it up.

And I'm not talking about this crap anymore.

IamRAMBO24
03-27-2012, 01:33 AM

LOL nice.

Look at this grammar whore trying to act like he's all smart.

TOUCH MY BODY
03-27-2012, 01:39 AM
Fight.

Mr Know It All
03-27-2012, 01:40 AM
Sorry comrade, but clearly you're lost.

1. this is a basketball site why are you bringing this crap, especially when you obviously don't understand usage of possessive nouns.

2. Every example you brought is a plural possessive EXCEPT the Heat.

Lakers ARE
Heat IS.

3. The simple example is CAR. Who would ever say "my car ARE going down the road" ?
Yet cars are made up of thousands of parts... even more parts than a basketball team.
You would say "my carS ARE going down the road."

The Laker clearly refers to an individual player; the Lakers clearly refers to a plurality.
The Heat is a singular possessive.

Use a plural verb for plural nouns.
Very simple. Look it up.

And I'm not talking about this crap anymore.

I think you are getting confused pal. Just because the Heat does not end in an "s" doesn't mean that it isn't plural.

It's not "The Heat is a good team"
It's not "The Heat is playing badly"

"The Heat Player" would be singular, just as "The Laker" is. "The Heat" and "The Lakers" is plural, as Spell&Grammar so carefully and eloquently pointed out.

I'm not grammar junkie, but even I can see that you're spouting crap. Spell&Grammar is a great gimmick and frankly I am in awe at the tireless work that poster has put into it.:applause:

IamRAMBO24
03-27-2012, 01:48 AM
I think you are getting confused pal. Just because the Heat does not end in an "s" doesn't mean that it isn't plural.

It's not "The Heat is a good team"
It's not "The Heat is playing badly"

"The Heat Player" would be singular, just as "The Laker" is. "The Heat" and "The Lakers" is plural, as Spell&Grammar so carefully and eloquently pointed out.

I'm not grammar junkie, but even I can see that you're spouting crap. Spell&Grammar is a great gimmick and frankly I am in awe at the tireless work that poster has put into it.:applause:

No this grammar whore is a dumba*s because even collective nouns can be used in singular form based on context.

"The team is in the dressing room."

With the noun "team" referring to as an individual.

The shift occurs and is used as a plural when there is a metonymic shift, for example, "The team have won the championship."

This refers the team as a collective unit working together.

So yes, spelling and grammar is wrong and the other dude is right. Can't believe he created an account to hassle people over this sh*t when he is getting schooled on it. LOL what a loser.

IamRAMBO24
03-27-2012, 02:14 AM

Spell&Grammar

It is perfectly fine to use nouns (The Lakers) as a singular if you are referring to it as an individual in context.

For example:

"The Lakers have always been overrated." This signifies the Lakers are a team with individual members.

If you change the metonymic shift, you can refer to the Lakers as a single entity.

"The Lakers is overrated or the Heat is overrated." The metonymic shift has been altered from the usage representing a group of players, thus plural, to a single entity commonly refer to as a "collective noun," thus it is correct to use it as a singular.

The misconception comes with the "s," but even nouns that end in s can be refer to as a singular.

"Physics is a great course."

It is all based on context and the use of metonymic shifts.

LakersReign
03-27-2012, 02:28 AM
This Heat team was way overrated from the time they signed Lebron. Pat Riley was trying to scare the league into submission by threatening to have to supposedly "unstoppable" fast break tandem of Wade and Lebron, breaking down defenses everywhere. That hasn't happened yet, and more than likely never will, since Lebron hasn't learned to defer to Wade to allow that to happen. So what you have now, is a basically 3 guys and nobody else since they don't have anymore money to pay for quality role players. Until Lebron defers to Wade and becomes the passer, this team goes nowhere.

nathanjizzle
04-01-2012, 04:49 PM
:milton

NumberSix
04-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Bladers

Cowboy Thunder
04-01-2012, 05:59 PM
This were an awesome thread :bowdown:

RoseCity07
04-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Chris Bosh is just not on the level of Lebron or Wade. They don't have a big 3. Bosh is overrated.

He has no post game. He is just another jump shooter for that team.

nathanjizzle
04-06-2012, 10:27 PM
op really knows what hes talking about

TOUCH MY BODY
04-06-2012, 10:34 PM
:lebroncry:

vegasbigshots
04-06-2012, 10:49 PM
They will get their groove back in time for the playoffs. Dont' panic yet. :cheers: