PDA

View Full Version : Sessions is a HUGE upgrade from fisher

20Four
03-21-2012, 10:34 PM
I am so glad lakers got sessions.....hes a GIFT....FAST...CAN REBOUND....SHOOT.....AND MOST IMPORTANTLY....LAY UP!!!! :roll: :roll:

qrich
03-21-2012, 10:35 PM
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256758

http://insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14

bluechox2
/thread

scm5
I am so glad lakers got sessions.....hes a GIFT....FAST...CAN REBOUND....SHOOT.....AND MOST IMPORTANTLY....LAY UP!!!! :roll: :roll:

12/3/7 and 1blk in 14 minutes.

Wow. I can't even remember the last time a Laker PG gave us 12/3/7.

KOBEtherealKing
03-21-2012, 10:37 PM
12/3/7 and 1blk in 14 minutes.

Wow. I can't even remember the last time a Laker PG gave us 12/3/7.
Farmar..12 and 7 when fisher got suspended for knocking down scola

bagelred
03-21-2012, 10:45 PM
It truly was a gift. Let me see if I understand this.

The Cavaliers give away a good point guard on a reasonable contract, take back a completely useless player, on a terrible contract that extends thru next year, also saving the Lakers luxury tax money, all for........a low first round draft pick? In the 20's?

What? :hammerhead:

:biggums:

This is "Pau Gasol trade" all over again.

DukeDelonte13
03-21-2012, 10:53 PM

The Cavaliers give away a good point guard on a reasonable contract, take back a completely useless player, on a terrible contract that extends thru next year, also saving the Lakers luxury tax money, all for........a low first round draft pick? In the 20's?

sessions was free to go after this year. cavs aren't trying to pay out the ass to keep him as a backup since kyrie is gonna be our starter. :biggums:

WeGetRing2012
03-21-2012, 10:56 PM
But Fisher > Blake :cry: :cry:

ElPigto
03-21-2012, 10:57 PM

On the other hand, the Rockets trade for Derek Fisher, buy-out his remaining salary and force him to opt out of his PO next year. A much cheaper price to pay for a pick in the 20's. Possibly higher, if the Rockets get lucky.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/01/28/sports/28morey.1.600.jpg

:coleman:

scm5
03-21-2012, 11:50 PM
I wonder what Blake is thinking right now...

BlueandGold
03-21-2012, 11:55 PM
He is but calm down its one game.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
03-21-2012, 11:56 PM

you dont know who that 1st rounder will be.....

Nobody knew who Marc Gasol was during the Pau Gasol trade....He earned a max contract with the Grizzles this year :no:

RedBlackAttack
03-21-2012, 11:56 PM

Are you really this dumb or are you acting? I guess it would have been better to allow Sessions to play out the final 25 games of the season and walk away for nothing.... In the final two months of the season, which we should just tank anyway.

And, it wasn't just one pick. We received their first this season. Next year, we have the option of trading spots with the pick we received from the Heat with the Lakers pick, whatever it is... No protections.

So, essentially, we received two first round picks.

...for a guy that was out the door after the next 25 games anyway... During a season that it is in our best interest to close with a lot of losses, not wins.

You would make a tremendous GM if you think that was a mistake. :oldlol:

Meticode
03-21-2012, 11:57 PM
I understand that Fisher has sucked the last couple years, but the hate is atrocious. The man is a top reason for some of the championships with the clutch of clutch shots. Show a little respect.

RedBlackAttack
03-21-2012, 11:59 PM
sessions was free to go after this year. cavs aren't trying to pay out the ass to keep him as a backup since kyrie is gonna be our starter. :biggums:
Nor was he trying to stay here is a career backup, I'm sure, when he had plenty of opportunities for other teams (like the Lakers) to start and get a ton more minutes. :oldlol:

Some people on this board just have no clue what they are talking about.

PJR
03-22-2012, 12:00 AM
I understand that Fisher has sucked the last couple years, but the hate is atrocious. The man is a top reason for some of the championships with the clutch of clutch shots. Show a little respect.

Kobrick Stans aren't real laker fans. Pay them no mind.

imdaman99
03-22-2012, 12:07 AM
fisher won them a finals game in each of their last 2 finals.

game 4 against the magic and game 3 against the celtics. what now?

KBryant24
people forget all about the clutch games he had in the 09 and 10 finals. Real lakers fans love D fish and wish him well :cheers:

The Iron Fist

Whats to respect when he can't stay in front of opposing guards?

I'm as big a Fish fan as any, but its been clear that its time for him to retire. Don't forget, he left LA first.

RedBlackAttack

Now, f#ck him... Because what have you done for me lately?

Disgusting.

RazorBaLade
03-22-2012, 12:08 AM

would we have needed his heroics if he wasnt the worst starter on the floor?

im glad he came through but seriously. and this year without triangle hes just nonexistant but still better than steve blake which is hilarious

Doranku
03-22-2012, 12:09 AM

Disgusting.
I agree 100%. The thing that baffles me is that Fisher has gotten so much of the hate in the past two years with Steve Blake also being on the team. I realize that most Lakers fans love to have a scapegoat, so why the f*ck do people make it Fisher, a dude who has came up HUGE time and time again in the playoffs, when there's a guy playing the SAME position playing even WORSE in Steve Blake?

Just makes no sense to me.

RazorBaLade
03-22-2012, 12:11 AM
I agree 100%. The thing that baffles me is that Fisher has gotten so much of the hate in the past two years with Steve Blake also being on the team. I realize that most Lakers fans love to have a scapegoat, so why the f*ck do people make Fisher, a dude who has came up HUGE time and time again in the playoffs, when there's a guy playing the SAME position playing even WORSE in Steve Blake?

True. Steve blake is all the suck of fisher minus eveyrthing good fisher does.

Blake is a man with literally no positives.

The Iron Fist

and what did he do in last years playoffs?

Phong
Sessions is indeed a huge upgrade from Fisher. There is no hate nor disrespect here. Just the truth.

Why do other teams' fans trying to "protect" Fish that much when they were the firsts to talk shit about him when he was wearing purple and gold?

Sure he made clutch shots, but the Lakers might have not needed those shots if he hadn't missed all his other shots.

The Iron Fist
03-22-2012, 12:12 AM
Sessions is indeed a huge upgrade from Fisher. There is no hate nor disrespect here. Just the truth.

Why do other teams' fans trying to "protect" Fish that much when they were the firsts to talk shit about him when he was wearing purple and gold?

Because they want the Lakers to keep him and keep losing with him.

Bottom line, he can't produce anymore. Keeping him on the team for one shot every 5 games is pointless when there is a younger, faster and better guy for the position.

PickernRoller
03-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Kobrick Stans aren't real laker fans. Pay them no mind.

lol coming from an LBJ dick rider........please save your keystrokes...:oldlol: :oldlol:

Mr. Jabbar
03-22-2012, 12:16 AM
I read thread title and just came here to say: No shit.

G-train
03-22-2012, 12:17 AM
I agree 100%. The thing that baffles me is that Fisher has gotten so much of the hate in the past two years with Steve Blake also being on the team. I realize that most Lakers fans love to have a scapegoat, so why the f*ck do people make it Fisher, a dude who has came up HUGE time and time again in the playoffs, when there's a guy playing the SAME position playing even WORSE in Steve Blake?

Blake began there last season, and copped hate continually on ISH.
Fisher has been a below average player for a while, he needed to be a 10mpg player a while back.
His shot selection/man D in particular was atrocious.

1987_Lakers
03-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Mike Brown should do this...

Let Steve Blake start, let him play 8 minutes in the 1st quarter and 8 minutes in the 3rd quarter and let Sessions in for the rest of those minutes.

Blake - 16 minutes
Sessions - 32 minutes

I realize our bench needs a player like Sessions. We don't blow leads when Kobe is taking a breather and we keep the nice chemistry between him and Barnes. Sessions plays much better with Barnes in the game instead of Artest.

G-Funk
03-22-2012, 12:29 AM
I luv Fish but it was time to move on

bdreason
03-22-2012, 12:55 AM
and what did he do in last years playoffs?

What did Kobe do in last years playoffs? What did Pau do in last years playoffs?

Doranku
03-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Blake began there last season, and copped hate continually on ISH.
Fisher has been a below average player for a while, he needed to be a 10mpg player a while back.
His shot selection/man D in particular was atrocious.

Blake's D is no better. He has better shot selection, but what difference does it make when he shoots even worse than Fisher despite taking better shots?

outbreak
03-22-2012, 01:20 AM
I never understood why you guys didn't just bench Fish after he declined, he wouldn't have looked like a big embarrassment and the lakers would still be acting loyal to him by keeping him around. If he had of come off the bench for less minutes this season would he still have all the fanboys on here bagging him out constantly? Would his career have stood up better?

dunksby
03-22-2012, 01:21 AM
Sessions has a 42 point game under his belt from what I can remember.

jaydacris
03-22-2012, 01:23 AM
he has two records for the bucks as well
24 assists (bucks record)

also only bucks player to have a 20-20 game with points and assists!

Rooster
03-22-2012, 01:26 AM

I think you have to look at what Cavs trying to accomplish. They are a rebuilding team. They already have a point guard of which they are rebuilding their team with. Sessions is solid but they are gonna lose him anyway. So they got a first round pick for him. Thats the best trade they could get. they can also trade that Miami pick for a possible higher pick. The only drawback is they have to pay Walton and maybe buy him out. His expiring contract might add another value.

Rooster
03-22-2012, 01:29 AM
I never understood why you guys didn't just bench Fish after he declined, he wouldn't have looked like a big embarrassment and the lakers would still be acting loyal to him by keeping him around. If he had of come off the bench for less minutes this season would he still have all the fanboys on here bagging him out constantly? Would his career have stood up better?

His player option next year is quite expensive. It's business, nothing personal.

KOBEtherealKing
03-22-2012, 01:32 AM
my nickname for ramon is ramon numerals because he puts up numbers :pimp: :D

RedBlackAttack
03-22-2012, 01:42 AM
And, for the record, I love what Ramon brings to the game and, as a Cavs fan, was sorry to see him go. The guy is a true professional and I would be hoping for nothing but the best for him if we didn't have the Lakers' first round pick in this draft. :oldlol:

In all seriousness, this trade made all the sense in the world for BOTH franchises, which is why it had to happen. Both organizations are better off for it.

itsGameTime
03-22-2012, 01:46 AM
And, for the record, I love what Ramon brings to the game and, as a Cavs fan, was sorry to see him go. The guy is a true professional and I would be hoping for nothing but the best for him if we didn't have the Lakers' first round pick in this draft. :oldlol:

In all seriousness, this trade made all the sense in the world for BOTH franchises, which is why it had to happen. Both organizations are better off for it.

+1

I love his humbleness and how quickly he's integrating with the rest of the guys. I know its early but he may be the best Laker PG since Van Exel.

RazorBaLade
03-22-2012, 01:47 AM
+1

I love his humbleness and how quickly he's integrating with the rest of the guys. I know its early but he may be the best Laker PG since Van Exel.

hes the best laker pg since magic

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

All Net
03-22-2012, 02:12 AM
:cheers: It really is amazing to see a PG play this well and get into the paint...He makes L.A so much better it's not even funny.

StacksOnDeck
03-22-2012, 02:14 AM
+1

Not early. It's a fact. After Van Exel, we had Shaw, Fisher, Payton, Atkins, Smush and Fisher again.

Tenchi Ryu
03-22-2012, 02:16 AM
Why did they have to get RID of Fisher though

ihatetimthomas
03-22-2012, 02:27 AM

Disgusting.

Actually, in this game, it is about "what you have done for me lately". How is that disgusting? Fish hasnt made an impact since those finals, and even during those reg seasons, he was struggling mightily against good pg's. This game is a business, and there is a reason why the Lakers are the best franchise in NBA history. I dont think there is any denying that.

RedBlackAttack
03-22-2012, 02:34 AM
Actually, in this game, it is about "what you have done for me lately". How is that disgusting? Fish hasnt made an impact since those finals, and even during those reg seasons, he was struggling mightily against good pg's. This game is a business, and there is a reason why the Lakers are the best franchise in NBA history. I dont think there is any denying that.
I have no problem with letting him go (or allowing him to walk). Obviously, that is the business part of the game that everyone has to accept.

What I was referring to is the near constant put-downs of the guy by some Lakers fans. Sure, he isn't what he used to be... His career is coming to a close.

But, it was a nice career and he did a lot of good things in LA... Stepped up when it mattered most a lot of times. I just personally believe he deserves more respect than he is getting by some on here. And, obviously there are Lakers fans that agree with me. :confusedshrug:

Legends66NBA7
03-22-2012, 02:35 AM
This game is a business, and there is a reason why the Lakers are the best franchise in NBA history. I dont think there is any denying that.

Would you say there's a case for Boston being the best franchise ?

ihatetimthomas
03-22-2012, 02:42 AM
I have no problem with letting him go (or allowing him to walk). Obviously, that is the business part of the game that everyone has to accept.

What I was referring to is the near constant put-downs of the guy by some Lakers fans. Sure, he isn't what he used to be... His career is coming to a close.

But, it was a nice career and he did a lot of good things in LA... Stepped up when it mattered most a lot of times. I just personally believe he deserves more respect than he is getting by some on here. And, obviously there are Lakers fans that agree with me. :confusedshrug:

Ok, fair enough. If your referring to here on ISH, you have a point. I though it was referring to the Lakers franchise.

Most Lakers fans really appreciate what he did for LA and will always respect him for being a class act and stepping up big. But they also know that he has been a liability the last 2 years and it has really hurt the Lakers.

ihatetimthomas
03-22-2012, 02:44 AM
Would you say there's a case for Boston being the best franchise ?

I would say they are #2, but the Lakers have really stood the test of time. Majority of Boston titles have come in the 60's. Lakers overall have been the most consistent winners in NBA history.

Legends66NBA7
03-22-2012, 02:49 AM
I would say they are #2, but the Lakers have really stood the test of time. Majority of Boston titles have come in the 60's. Lakers overall have been the most consistent winners in NBA history.

That seems fair.

I've had a hard time judging which one should be #1, since Boston does have the major advantage in head to head meetings, especially in the Finals.

Not to stray away from the thread, Sessions should start from now on.

1987_Lakers
03-22-2012, 02:59 AM
It took 4 games for Sessions to show us he had a jump shot. I swear, in his first 3 games with us I only saw him attempt like 3 jumpers, tonight he exploded from 3 point land.

All Net
03-22-2012, 03:02 AM
The good news is Brown is already hinting that Sessions will start soon and we will not see Blake at all at the end of games.

Godzuki
03-22-2012, 08:38 AM
The good news is Brown is already hinting that Sessions will start soon and we will not see Blake at all at the end of games.

ummm what quote did you read? i just read he's happy with the current rotation when asked about it after the game last night...,

altho i don't think he can keep bringing him off the bench unless Session's has some bad games for some reason coming up. its pretty silly to me people think he should come off the bench :facepalm

ZenMaster
03-22-2012, 08:44 AM
ummm what quote did you read? i just read he's happy with the current rotation when asked about it after the game last night...,

altho i don't think he can keep bringing him off the bench unless Session's has some bad games for some reason coming up. its pretty silly to me people think he should come off the bench :facepalm

What's silly is the obsession with him being a starter.

Without Sessions we have one of the worst benches in the NBA, with him we have one of the better ones.

What matters are total minutes and who finishes games.

Godzuki
03-22-2012, 08:52 AM
What's silly is the obsession with him being a starter.

Without Sessions we have one of the worst benches in the NBA, with him we have one of the better ones.

What matters are total minutes and who finishes games.

best players don't come off the bench for any team. theres a reason for that. nor do they play with the 2nd unit until the 4th qtr....

benches are benches. sometimes they'll get hot, sometimes they'll suck. all benches are that way. Blake does not make that 1st unit better, while Sessions completely changes their dynamic.

with that reasoning every team should have a best player playing with thier 2nd unit.

All Net
03-22-2012, 08:54 AM

Based on what the Lakers beat reporter said...

Godzuki
03-22-2012, 09:00 AM
Based on what the Lakers beat reporter said...

ah ok. this is the quote i read:

"We'll see as time goes on," Mike Brown said on the possibility of starting Ramon Sessions. "Right now I like the way our rotation is."

niko
03-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Of course Sessions is going to start soon. What benefit is there to keeping him on the bench?

ZenMaster
03-22-2012, 09:11 AM
best players don't come off the bench for any team. theres a reason for that. nor do they play with the 2nd unit until the 4th qtr....

benches are benches. sometimes they'll get hot, sometimes they'll suck. all benches are that way. Blake does not make that 1st unit better, while Sessions completely changes their dynamic.

with that reasoning every team should have a best player playing with thier 2nd unit.

Fkuck that plenty of good players come off the bench when it's for the good of the team, Lamar was coming off the bench even when he was better than Bynum.

Ginobili came of the bench for the Spurs for a looong time, he was definetely one of their best players.

"benches are benches, sometimes they'll get hot..."

Are you kidding? So it's just random what benches are the best in the NBA?

This year we have had one of THE worst benches in the NBA, it's what has kept the team down.

Blake doesn't make the starting unit better I agree, but he wont make the 2nd unit better either, and our starting 5 is already pretty good with 3 all-star level players in there.

Sessions makes the entire bench better the first time he comes in with them, Blake wont do that.

And yes the smart and deep enough teams have a top 4-5 player come in from the bench.

It's 5 minutes of basketball we're talking about here, last night Sessions played 29 and Blake 17 in a 16 point win for LA. Sessions played the 5th most of any Laker which is starter minutes.

You're entire argument revolves around the notion that being a starter is some sort of title.

Godzuki
03-22-2012, 09:26 AM
Fkuck that plenty of good players come off the bench when it's for the good of the team, Lamar was coming off the bench even when he was better than Bynum.

Ginobili came of the bench for the Spurs for a looong time, he was definetely one of their best players.

"benches are benches, sometimes they'll get hot..."

Are you kidding? So it's just random what benches are the best in the NBA?

This year we have had one of THE worst benches in the NBA, it's what has kept the team down.

Blake doesn't make the starting unit better I agree, but he wont make the 2nd unit better either, and our starting 5 is already pretty good with 3 all-star level players in there.

Sessions makes the entire bench better the first time he comes in with them, Blake wont do that.

And yes the smart and deep enough teams have a top 4-5 player come in from the bench.

It's 5 minutes of basketball we're talking about here, last night Sessions played 29 and Blake 17 in a 16 point win for LA. Sessions played the 5th most of any Laker which is starter minutes.

You're entire argument revolves around the notion that being a starter is some sort of title.

it is a entitlement to start. its validation for being a best player at a position on a given team, only in very rare circumstances like you may have cited are there exceptions to that, but in a lot of those cases they're also playing behind other very talented players as well. its the only reason Session's has been a off the bench player in Minnesota and the Cav's where they had young talent ahead of him, and then people get this idea that he is best used only in that way. its the same thing that drives me nuts of what people say about Nate when they're more victims of circumstance then get labeled that way. they've probably been starters most of their lives playing bball.

Even Manu is a starter now despite everyones perception before being he's only best used in a 6th man role. When Parker got hurt, and Manu went nuts like 2 years ago after the all star break looking like the best player in the NBA shattered that perception....i just don't believe in that at all.

Everyone in the NBA is capable of getting hot. thats the thing about benches where you give young players opportunities, or maybe streaky shooters, and players on a team can come out of nowhere from the bench to playing key roles. Lakers aren't nearly as bad talent wise as Laker fans tend to portray imo.

ZenMaster
03-22-2012, 09:42 AM
it is a entitlement to start. its validation for being a best player at a position on a given team, only in very rare circumstances like you may have cited are there exceptions to that, but in a lot of those cases they're also playing behind other very talented players as well. its the only reason Session's has been a off the bench player in Minnesota and the Cav's where they had young talent ahead of him, and then people get this idea that he is best used only in that way. its the same thing that drives me nuts of what people say about Nate when they're more victims of circumstance then get labeled that way. they've probably been starters most of their lives playing bball.

Even Manu is a starter now despite everyones perception before being he's only best used in a 6th man role. When Parker got hurt, and Manu went nuts like 2 years ago after the all star break looking like the best player in the NBA shattered that perception....i just don't believe in that at all.

Everyone in the NBA is capable of getting hot. thats the thing about benches where you give young players opportunities, or maybe streaky shooters, and players on a team can come out of nowhere from the bench to playing key roles. Lakers aren't nearly as bad talent wise as Laker fans tend to portray imo.

It's an entitlement to play your role on a championship caliber team. You just have to think out of your shell, the whole every best player at each position starts thing is an offspring of the NBA being a player focused league.
What matters is who plays the most and who finishes tight games.

And it's not about Sessions being best as a backup, he should play starter minutes(and did last night), and he should be finishing games.
It's about the TEAM being best with Sessions comming off the bench, not Sessions individually, Sessions btw will play very well on this Laker team no matter what, him playing the first 4-5 minutes of every game will not change that.

Our bench has been horrible the entire year, not many players can get their own shot(unlike the starting 5), and not many can create for others. Sessions does both of these very well.

guy
03-22-2012, 10:14 AM
would we have needed his heroics if he wasnt the worst starter on the floor?

im glad he came through but seriously. and this year without triangle hes just nonexistant but still better than steve blake which is hilarious

I'm assuming they are talking about game 4 of the 09 Finals and game 3 of the 10 Finals. He didn't play bad in those games, and the opposing PGs didn't play that great. Maybe they wouldn't have needed his heroics if the superstar was providing it instead and not shooting like 35% during those games?

He's a role player and one of the most clutch role players ever. Laker fans had the best SG, the 2nd best PF, the 2nd best C, and the best bench player in the league the last few years, and you're complaining about Fisher who despite being in the lower half of starting PGs was still probably the 2nd or 3rd most clutch PG in the league? I don't get it. And like others have said, he literally closed games out at the end for you in the FINALS. And I'm talking about old Fisher here.

I listen to Mason & Ireland sometimes and the way LA radio raves about how happy they are that they've upgraded to Sessions is pretty ridiculous. Not saying they shouldn't be happy but to disrespect Fisher like they've been dealt such a bad hand the last few years is really stupid. Like I said, Laker fans had the best SG, the 2nd best PF, the 2nd best C, and the best bench player in the league the last few years. What the hell did you really feel the need to complain about all these years?

KenneBell
03-22-2012, 10:17 AM
Like I said, Laker fans had the best SG, the 2nd best PF, the 2nd best C, and the best bench player in the league the last few years.
Never all at the same time though.

They are coming close this year but still...

Outside of the triangle, Fisher's skillset was just too limited. I don't think anyone is disrespecting him, it's just that he wasn't getting the job done after years of good play.

Artillery
03-22-2012, 10:23 AM

Almost all of the supposed Laker fans are actually Kobe stans. Fisher was their scapegoat for Bryant's mediocre season thus far.

guy
03-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Never all at the same time though.

They are coming close this year but still...

Outside of the triangle, Fisher's skillset was just too limited. I don't think anyone is disrespecting him, it's just that he wasn't getting the job done after years of good play.

Yes they did. In the last 3 years, who was better then Kobe besides Wade in some years? Who else besides Dirk has been better then Gasol? Who was better then Bynum besides Howard? Sure its been a weak center position and Bynum was nowhere near as good as he is this year, but he was still 2nd behind Howard. Odom may have not been the best the whole time, but he was clearly near the top.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have gotten rid of Fisher. He's one of the oldest players in the league now. Of course he shoudn't be starting anymore. But lets not act like he was actually preventing Lakers success the last few years instead of playing a vital role in it.

KenneBell
03-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Yes they did. In the last 3 years, who was better then Kobe besides Wade in some years? Who else besides Dirk has been better then Gasol? Who was better then Bynum besides Howard?
Since the Gasol trade they haven't all been on the same page mainly because of Pau's random drop since the 20 game mark of last year and Bynum's random injuries. Kobe's been pretty consistent as was Odom from '09-'11.

What I'm saying is that you're right, at different points in time, the Lakers have had players at the top of their positions. But I don't think they all coincided at the same time for various reasons. Obviously it was enough to them to the Finals 3 times and win 2 of those.

pauk
03-22-2012, 10:53 AM
I would say so yea... but when speaking of clutch, its a downgrade

c3z4r
03-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Yes they did. In the last 3 years, who was better then Kobe besides Wade in some years? Who else besides Dirk has been better then Gasol? Who was better then Bynum besides Howard? Sure its been a weak center position and Bynum was nowhere near as good as he is this year, but he was still 2nd behind Howard. Odom may have not been the best the whole time, but he was clearly near the top.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have gotten rid of Fisher. He's one of the oldest players in the league now. Of course he shoudn't be starting anymore. But lets not act like he was actually preventing Lakers success the last few years instead of playing a vital role in it.

Bynum was definitely not second behind howard in the 3 previous years. Hell, he was struggling to even play. I would consider these players better or just as good as bynum in the past 3 years: Bogut, Gortat, Noah, Al Jefferson, Tyson Chandler, Roy Hibbert, Okafor, Horford, Bargnani, Perkins, Haywood.

Only this season, Bynum has cemented himself as the second best center in the league, but even that's arguable, because in my opinion at least, I believe Hibbert a healthy Bogut, and Tyson Chandler for his ability to anchor a team's defense to be superior to him.

I believe chris bosh, along with dirk, amare stoudemire, kevin garnett, tim duncan were all arguably if not better than gasol.

Odom was the top of what? The top of players that were coming off the bench, yeah most definitely, but if you're trying to say he was one of the best powerforwards in the game in the timeframe, you're delusional.

Fisher was the reason why lakers weren't sweeping teams like new orleans or oklahoma in the playoffs.

guy
03-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Bynum was definitely not second behind howard in the 3 previous years. Hell, he was struggling to even play. I would consider these players better or just as good as bynum in the past 3 years: Bogut, Gortat, Noah, Al Jefferson, Tyson Chandler, Roy Hibbert, Okafor, Horford, Bargnani, Perkins, Haywood.

Only this season, Bynum has cemented himself as the second best center in the league, but even that's arguable, because in my opinion at least, I believe Hibbert a healthy Bogut, and Tyson Chandler for his ability to anchor a team's defense to be superior to him.

I believe chris bosh, along with dirk, amare stoudemire, kevin garnett, tim duncan were all arguably if not better than gasol.

Odom was the top of what? The top of players that were coming off the bench, yeah most definitely, but if you're trying to say he was one of the best powerforwards in the game in the timeframe, you're delusional.

Fisher was the reason why lakers weren't sweeping teams like new orleans or oklahoma in the playoffs.

Centers - wow. Not even going to bother. Haywood and Perkins :oldlol:

PFs - This is bullsh*t. KG and Duncan in their primes were on a whole other stratosphere then Gasol. But they haven't been in the last few years and not even close really. Gasol's been better then both of them since 09. Bosh and Amare are not better then Gasol. They are horrible rebounders and bad defenders for their position which makes it much harder to build around them or for them to complement other star players. The Heat and Knicks would definitely be better with Gasol instead.

The reason the Lakers didn't sweep teams they should've was cause of their "turn if off, turn it on" approach, where many times they got complacent and let series go way too far then they should've, including the Rockets series as well.

BlackVVaves
03-22-2012, 12:31 PM

So, despite Bynum averaging more points per game than those three players, averaging more rebounds than those three players, averaging more blocks than those three players, second among centers in FG%, and averaging close to 28 and 17 (excluding last night's game) the last two weeks, utterly dominating teams, YOU think that Roy Hibbert and Tyson Chandler are the second best centers in the league over Bynum.

Can you read? Do you watch basketball games? Are you blind? No, maybe you're deaf and haven't heard of Bynum's emergence this year.

I get it. You're joking right? Yea, you must be joking. No one could be stupid enough to say a center that averages 11/9/1.5 is better than a center that averages 18/13/2.

Nah, no one could be that stupid :facepalm

DKLaker
03-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Farmar..12 and 7 when fisher got suspended for knocking down scola

Fisher being suspended was the reason we won that series....and then the Championship :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

DKLaker
03-22-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm assuming they are talking about game 4 of the 09 Finals and game 3 of the 10 Finals. He didn't play bad in those games, and the opposing PGs didn't play that great. Maybe they wouldn't have needed his heroics if the superstar was providing it instead and not shooting like 35% during those games?

He's a role player and one of the most clutch role players ever. Laker fans had the best SG, the 2nd best PF, the 2nd best C, and the best bench player in the league the last few years, and you're complaining about Fisher who despite being in the lower half of starting PGs was still probably the 2nd or 3rd most clutch PG in the league? I don't get it. And like others have said, he literally closed games out at the end for you in the FINALS. And I'm talking about old Fisher here.

I listen to Mason & Ireland sometimes and the way LA radio raves about how happy they are that they've upgraded to Sessions is pretty ridiculous. Not saying they shouldn't be happy but to disrespect Fisher like they've been dealt such a bad hand the last few years is really stupid. Like I said, Laker fans had the best SG, the 2nd best PF, the 2nd best C, and the best bench player in the league the last few years. What the hell did you really feel the need to complain about all these years?

Truth is that Fisher has been the WORST starting PG in the NBA for 3 years.....in fact he was worse than all the 2nd string point guards and some of the 3rd string ones......He had absolutely no business starting in the NBA!!!

305Baller
03-22-2012, 12:39 PM

http://pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/when-you-go-to-get-your-flu-shot-and-the-nurse-walks-in-with-the-needle.gif

cavsfanatic
03-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Sessions can't shoot though. lmao at dude comparing this to Gasol trade. Sessions ain't that good but ok LA fans go overrate him like everyone does. We'll see him get exposed in the playoffs

c3z4r
03-22-2012, 02:06 PM
So, despite Bynum averaging more points per game than those three players, averaging more rebounds than those three players, averaging more blocks than those three players, second among centers in FG%, and averaging close to 28 and 17 (excluding last night's game) the last two weeks, utterly dominating teams, YOU think that Roy Hibbert and Tyson Chandler are the second best centers in the league over Bynum.

Can you read? Do you watch basketball games? Are you blind? No, maybe you're deaf and haven't heard of Bynum's emergence this year.

I get it. You're joking right? Yea, you must be joking. No one could be stupid enough to say a center that averages 11/9/1.5 is better than a center that averages 18/13/2.

Nah, no one could be that stupid :facepalm

Well first of all, i said it's in my opinion. Dunno but whenever you mouth off your opinion i don't jizz all of over it just because it doesn't go along with mine.
I think you have to put things into perspective. Hibbert doesn't have the benefit of playing with kobe or gasol, which let's be honest generate at least half of bynum points. Actually it appears that bynum gets assisted on 70.6% on his baskets at the rim and 56.3% from 3-9 feet.

Next, there's a reason why the mavs became a defensive powerhouse when chandler played there and why the knicks are one, well of course excepting the games where some players don't want to actually play D. Chandler is a player that's actually capable of anchoring a defense. That's not to say that Bynum is not a good defensive player. He changes a lot of shots and intimidates players with this length and big body, but he just doesn't orchestrate the defense like chandler does.

And well Bogut, when healthy, we've all seen just how big of a monster he was, before suffering that freak accident and ****ing up his arm.

As i said this is my opinion, so if you don't agree with it, then good 4 you. I already conceded that Bynum is arguably the second best center in the league.

StacksOnDeck
03-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Well first of all, i said it's in my opinion. Dunno but whenever you mouth off your opinion i don't jizz all of over it just because it doesn't go along with mine.
I think you have to put things into perspective. Hibbert doesn't have the benefit of playing with kobe or gasol, which let's be honest generate at least half of bynum points. Actually it appears that bynum gets assisted on 70.6% on his baskets at the rim and 56.3% from 3-9 feet.

Next, there's a reason why the mavs became a defensive powerhouse when chandler played there and why the knicks are one, well of course excepting the games where some players don't want to actually play D. Chandler is a player that's actually capable of anchoring a defense. That's not to say that Bynum is not a good defensive player. He changes a lot of shots and intimidates players with this length and big body, but he just doesn't orchestrate the defense like chandler does.

And well Bogut, when healthy, we've all seen just how big of a monster he was, before suffering that freak accident and ****ing up his arm.

As i said this is my opinion, so if you don't agree with it, then good 4 you. I already conceded that Bynum is arguably the second best center in the league.

1) You're wrong

2) Bogut on his best day wasn't beasting like Bynum

3) Where are the stats to show half of Bynum's points are assisted? :rolleyes:

scm5
03-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Sessions can't shoot though. lmao at dude comparing this to Gasol trade. Sessions ain't that good but ok LA fans go overrate him like everyone does. We'll see him get exposed in the playoffs

I can see Sessions having close to as much impact as Gasol in the Gasol trade simply because he would improve our weakest position and make our already formidable Big 3, even more dangerous by giving them better looks.

ZenMaster
03-22-2012, 03:39 PM
1) You're wrong

2) Bogut on his best day wasn't beasting like Bynum

3) Where are the stats to show half of Bynum's points are assisted? :rolleyes:

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Andrew%20Bynum

Godzuki
03-22-2012, 03:48 PM

Session's is as good as a early round lottery pick. his handles and penetration alone makes him at least good. Lakers got a steal but a lot of people already knew he was good before they traded for him.

the other thing is he seems extremely motivated to be playing for the Lakers.

Eat Like A Bosh
03-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Are you really this dumb or are you acting? I guess it would have been better to allow Sessions to play out the final 25 games of the season and walk away for nothing.... In the final two months of the season, which we should just tank anyway.

And, it wasn't just one pick. We received their first this season. Next year, we have the option of trading spots with the pick we received from the Heat with the Lakers pick, whatever it is... No protections.

...for a guy that was out the door after the next 25 games anyway... During a season that it is in our best interest to close with a lot of losses, not wins.

You forgot about Luke Walton?

And for this thread, yeah no shit

lilgodfather1
03-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Session's is as good as a early round lottery pick. his handles and penetration alone makes him at least good. Lakers got a steal but a lot of people already knew he was good before they traded for him.

the other thing is he seems extremely motivated to be playing for the Lakers.
Sessions is not worth a lottery pick. Certianly not a top 10 pick which the Lakers may have given the Cavs next season for the 28-30th pick in the draft.

That would be amazing lol. When Bynum gets injured, Sessions leaves, Gasol/Kobe continue their decline's that pick will be great, possibly better than the Cavs lol. Thank you Lakers for handing us a possible to 10 pick for the Heat's pick.

chazzy
03-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Sessions is not worth a lottery pick. Certianly not a top 10 pick which the Lakers may have given the Cavs next season for the 28-30th pick in the draft.

That would be amazing lol. When Bynum gets injured, Sessions leaves, Gasol/Kobe continue their decline's that pick will be great, possibly better than the Cavs lol. Thank you Lakers for handing us a possible to 10 pick for the Heat's pick.
Yes the Lakers will be a bottom 10 team :wtf:

Godzuki
03-22-2012, 04:02 PM

yeah he is. look at Derrick Williams and 3/4's of the top 10 picks from last year. most will probably never be as good at their positions as Session's is now.

he's way better than some people here act. i don't think people understand how hard it is to impress playing backup with limited minutes and shots, and occasionally being thrown into the fire to produce when the starter gets hurt, and even then Session's often produced in those situations better than any backup PG's in the league.

he has above average handles and penetration, and good vision which should be consistent from game to game. nevermind his shot which looks at least decent/good, amazing last night.

lilgodfather1
03-22-2012, 04:17 PM
yeah he is. look at Derrick Williams and 3/4's of the top 10 picks from last year. most will probably never be as good at their positions as Session's is now.

he's way better than some people here act. i don't think people understand how hard it is to impress playing backup with limited minutes and shots, and occasionally being thrown into the fire to produce when the starter gets hurt, and even then Session's often produced in those situations better than any backup PG's in the league.

he has above average handles and penetration, and good vision which should be consistent from game to game. nevermind his shot which looks at least decent/good, amazing last night.
Last year's draft is considered one of the weakest of all time.

Gundress
03-22-2012, 04:57 PM
why isn't Sessions starting?

B
03-22-2012, 05:20 PM

In all seriousness, this trade made all the sense in the world for BOTH franchises, which is why it had to happen. Both organizations are better off for it.Bingo

BlueandGold
03-22-2012, 05:22 PM

Yep, agree with all the above. Didn't have the hometown-fan insider knowledge that that was the scenario with his contract but now i see why it works for both teams.

lakerfreak
03-22-2012, 07:13 PM

It was a time when everyone was angry because other point guards were having fun just strolling through the paint and making an ass out of our defense, not to mention Fisher himself.

Everyone I had talked to that "wanted Fisher out of there" eventually admit they "Still wanted him on the team because he is a great leader". That is something undervalued. To be honest with you I would have rather traded Steve Blake so that Fisher can be our bench PG.

Either way, lakers got ramon, he's a great fit so far, and Fisher was done probably about 4 years ago. He has hit big shots, but he wasn't always helpful late game.

Last season vs the mavericks, Fisher committed fouls that put players on the line with few seconds remaining in games. Basically lost us 2 games in those playoffs. It was clear at that point, he really couldn't keep up anymore.