PDA

View Full Version : Just watched the Lakers Vs Pistons game, WHAT WAS KOBE THINKING

Kews1
03-07-2012, 03:13 AM
What was he thinking, 6 seconds left and he throws some wild shot off? didnt even take time to get set or anything? brain explosion.

Deuce Bigalow
03-07-2012, 03:17 AM
Kobe was horrible

Kews1
03-07-2012, 03:18 AM
Its as if he was trying to redeem himself for his bad game with some heroic game winner

Lebron23
03-07-2012, 03:19 AM
Kobe had a flashback of the 2004 NBA Finals.

Deuce Bigalow
03-07-2012, 03:21 AM
Kobe had a flashback of the 2004 NBA Finals.
Atleast he tried. He can live with that.

FKAri
03-07-2012, 03:21 AM
He commented that he was expecting them to foul him and send him to the line for 2 so he wanted to get the shot off before the foul came.

Deuce Bigalow
03-07-2012, 03:23 AM
He commented that he was expecting them to foul him and send him to the line for 2.
Still though...Don't fadeaway on a 3 pointer

TheBigVeto
03-07-2012, 03:23 AM
What was he thinking, 6 seconds left and he throws some wild shot off? didnt even take time to get set or anything? brain explosion.

He doesn't think when he plays. He knows he can hog the ball and chuck anytime he wants. So that's what he did. He chucked. And bricked.

Kews1
03-07-2012, 03:24 AM
He commented that he was expecting them to foul him and send him to the line for 2 so he wanted to get the shot off before the foul came.
o tay

Kews1
03-07-2012, 03:28 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/4t292h.jpg

Fuhrer Hubbs
03-07-2012, 03:30 AM
Another great demonstration of how overrated Kobe Bryant is. Andrew Bynum with 30 points on 13-18 shooting and dominating the game, yet Kobe thinks he should be shooting 25+ times in the game. Andew Bynum is the best player on that team when he is playing healthy and Kobes ego is limiting the potential of that team.

Deuce Bigalow
03-07-2012, 03:32 AM
Another great demonstration of how overrated Kobe Bryant is. Andrew Bynum with 30 points on 13-18 shooting and dominating the game, yet Kobe thinks he should be shooting 25+ times in the game. Andew Bynum is the best player on that team when he is playing healthy and Kobes ego is limiting the potential of that team.
http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l632/matik23/2qa214m.gif

knightfall88
03-07-2012, 03:37 AM
he should have passed it to bynum for a jumpshot

SAKOTXA
03-07-2012, 03:39 AM
I was listening to the game on the radio and both commentators said that they heard Lawrence Frank tell his players to foul them as soon as they catch the ball. If they heard Frank, then Kobe probably did too.

That's probably why he shot so early, to get three free throws or at least get a shot off. :confusedshrug:

Kews1
03-07-2012, 03:39 AM
he should have passed it to bynum for a jumpshot

he should of been feeding Bynum the ball before it got to where he had to take that 3, rather than taking 26 shots and only making 8.

copper
03-07-2012, 05:27 AM
didnt he watch the cp3 highlights? it doesnt work and you end up lookin silly

Magic731
03-07-2012, 05:48 AM
didnt he watch the cp3 highlights? it doesnt work and you end up lookin silly
Really? He could have waited for the Detroit players to foul him so he doesn't look "silly" and also take just 2 free throws which would have lead to a loss. Instead, he decided to give his team a chance to tie the game by attempting a three pointer. I don't see what the problem is here.

Eric Cartman
03-07-2012, 06:59 AM

http://troll.me/images/the-trolling-is-strong/the-trolling-is-strong-in-this-one.jpg

http://captionsearch.com/pix/hwhdor8ler.jpg

Kobe 4 The Win
03-07-2012, 07:22 AM
He did hit a buzzer beater to send it to OT. At least he has the balls to take the shot. Unlike......

LakersReign
03-07-2012, 07:32 AM
He did hit a buzzer beater to send it to OT. At least he has the balls to take the shot. Unlike......

They don't wanna talk about that cuz all they're concerned about is how he shot 8 for 26. And I'm pretty sure that had he not only hit the buzzer beater to send the game to OT. But also hit the winning shot in OT, their sorry a**e* would still be sitting....bu....bu....bu....bu....he shot 8 for 26.:rolleyes:

Pathetic:facepalm

Ruutu
03-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Who cares...Lakers lost...Kobe made wrong play...it wasnt his best night. Detroit played some good basketball we should praise Pistons for that win!

jstern
03-07-2012, 08:16 AM

A couple of days ago on this page http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254316

I wrote that I would love to see a compilation video of Kobe and Jordan game winning made and misses with like 4 seconds left. I said I don't care about the mades and misses, but do want to compare how they react when there's like 4 seconds left on the clock. Because I noticed that on certain situations Kobe just throws it up, almost as if too much adrenalin, while Jordan uses that time to somehow get open, like with a complete calmness. It's something that I find fascinating about Jordan.

SwayDizzle
03-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Godbe didn't make the wrong play you morons. Just because it didn't go in, doesn't mean he made the wrong play. How can you question the mind of a God? You brainless farts can't comprehend the complexity of his advanced plays.

chips93
03-07-2012, 08:43 AM
he should of been feeding Bynum the ball before it got to where he had to take that 3, rather than taking 26 shots and only making 8.

you clearly didnt watch the game, or at least the overtime

every possession in overtime after a missed three on their first possession and the desperation threes a the end, the lakers got the ball to kobe, ran a pick and roll, the pistons doubled, and he gave it up to the open man.

from this, he got two assists, another hockey assist (he gave it up to pau, who gave it to bynum, after bynum's man left him to cover pau, whose man left him to double kobe), and lastly, the detroit defense rotated well after doubling kobe, and left world peace wide open, to brick a three.

kobe played great on overtime, you couldnt have asked him to be more unselfish, or to do a better job feeding his teammates.

Lebron23
03-07-2012, 08:59 AM
Who cares...Lakers lost...Kobe made wrong play...it wasnt his best night. Detroit played some good basketball we should praise Pistons for that win!

This

Nero Tulip
03-07-2012, 09:07 AM
I equally dislike Kobe and Lebron, but I just find it amazing that when a guy makes the right pass he gets a week of shitstorm and when a guy makes a completely retarded shot people just say "at least he had the BALLS to try!"

donald_trump
03-07-2012, 09:11 AM
where is all this media concern and talk about kobes late game failures?

i mean its been blatantly apparent this season, and hes missed more game winners than bron.

so why no talk? why still "kobe is the one i want taking the last shot"?

funny how media works and how brianwashed some of you are.

Lebron23
03-07-2012, 09:14 AM
I equally dislike Kobe and Lebron, but I just find it amazing that when a guy makes the right pass he gets a week of shitstorm and when a guy makes a completely retarded shot people just say "at least he had the BALLS to try!"

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Cangri
03-07-2012, 10:32 AM
And the same guys that say that Kobe had the balls to shoot that shot would've blasted Lebron for missing the shot.

RaininTwos
03-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Lmao @ the deflection. Why is it so hard to admit that kobe ****ed up?

Rake2204
03-07-2012, 10:40 AM
They don't wanna talk about that cuz all they're concerned about is how he shot 8 for 26. And I'm pretty sure that had he not only hit the buzzer beater to send the game to OT. But also hit the winning shot in OT, their sorry a**e* would still be sitting....bu....bu....bu....bu....he shot 8 for 26.:rolleyes:

The buzzer beater was excellent. However, as a neutral guy in this situation, I must be honest when I say that shooting 8 for 26 is quite an important stat, for if he'd shot a slightly better percentage overall, I'm not sure the game would have ever come down to necessitating a buzzer beater. Just looking at this game tonight, he left a lot of makeable shots out there. I'm not saying that makes him a bad player or anything, just that he had a rough night.

Human Error
03-07-2012, 10:41 AM

Had Kobe shot better than 8 for 26 in the first place against the lowly Pistons it would not even had gone to OT. :facepalm

ILLsmak
03-07-2012, 10:46 AM
I finally figured it out. I've been following Kobe since he came into the league and I always wondered what would lead him to make some of the basketball decisions he's made.

It's simple: He doesn't give a ****.

-Smak

Godzuki
03-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Still though...Don't fadeaway on a 3 pointer

thats-typical-make-shots-harder-kobe...nothing-new.

thelucifer69
03-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Godbe didn't make the wrong play you morons. Just because it didn't go in, doesn't mean he made the wrong play. How can you question the mind of a God? You brainless farts can't comprehend the complexity of his advanced plays.

How Kobe dick taste!?...... Bazinga I don't care:roll: :roll: :roll:

boozehound
03-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Its as if he was trying to redeem himself for his bad game with some heroic game winner
Honestly, Henry Abbot is right on about kobe at the end of games. I dont always agree with that dude, but its pretty clear hes right on this.

Kiddlovesnets
03-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Lakers always struggle against Pistons, it is the team that beat them twice in NBA finals on an aggregate of 8-1.

caliman
03-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Last night was a perfect illustration of why Kobe will never get close to MJ, or even Magic for that matter. When those guys had teammates going off they wouldn't have been putting up 26 shots with a horrible % of makes.

Bynum and Gasol combined to shoot 21/32 for 50 points and Kobe is still taking 26 shots? WTF is up with that? It's not like these guys were being guarded by prime KG and Duncan. They were being guarded by Maxiell and Ben Wallace's corpse.

Blame must also go to Mike Brown. Call a f*ckin play that gives the ball to Bynum on the block instead of running that same Kobe/Gasol pick and roll with 7 seconds left on the clock.

LakersReign
03-07-2012, 01:33 PM
The buzzer beater was excellent. However, as a neutral guy in this situation, I must be honest when I say that shooting 8 for 26 is quite an important stat, for if he'd shot a slightly better percentage overall, I'm not sure the game would have ever come down to necessitating a buzzer beater. Just looking at this game tonight, he left a lot of makeable shots out there. I'm not saying that makes him a bad player or anything, just that he had a rough night.

Yeah, he did have a bad game, and that's the way you're supposed to look at it from a neutral perspective. But their whole point in bringing that up to regurgitate the same drivel we've heard about Kobe for the last 16 years, and how it makes Lebron look better than him, blah blah blah blah blah. Which has nothing to do with basketball, and is really more about their Lebron fanboyism.

RaininTwos
03-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Yeah, he did have a bad game, and that's the way you're supposed to look at it from a neutral perspective. But their whole point in bringing that up to regurgitate the same drivel we've heard about Kobe for the last 16 years, and how it makes Lebron look better than him, blah blah blah blah blah.
Y u not banned yet? Laker fans were the first to indirectly bring up lebron in this thread. Get a life.

LakersReign
03-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Y u not banned yet? Laker fans were the first to indirectly bring up lebron in this thread. Get a life.

The truth really does hurt....doesn't it?!:lol

Oh, and by the way, people with lives don't get butthurt over another person's comments on the internet, like you(rainintwo's) just did. Way to tell on yourself there.:roll:

RaininTwos
03-07-2012, 01:41 PM
The truth really does hurt....doesn't it?!:lol

Oh, and by the way, people with lives don't get butthurt over another person's comments on the internet, like you(rainintwo's) just did. Way to tell on yourself there.:roll:

Stating facts makes me butthurt? Hmmm....interesting theory there pal.

LakersReign
03-07-2012, 01:42 PM
(yawn):rolleyes:

NumberSix
03-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Lol. U mad. Ahahaha. Fahgit

FKAri
03-07-2012, 01:51 PM
(yawn):rolleyes:

Hey instead of dissin on a team thats jogging its way to a championship how about you realistically evaluate your team. The same one that got swept last year and looks even worse this year. Your supposed best player just chucked his team out of the game and let down the teammates that were going to get him the win if he just gave them the ball and got outta the way.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Kobe couldn't hit anything all night. way off.

Fudge
03-07-2012, 02:28 PM
LOL

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-07-2012, 02:33 PM

i mean its been blatantly apparent this season, and hes missed more game winners than bron.

Because he's a 5 time champion with a pair of Finals MVP's. Where's the confusion? I'm no Kobe fan, but your question is silly. :oldlol:

gyu
03-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Double standard for LeBron there's really no win for him unless he hits the shot.
1. Take shot but miss - LEBRONS A CHOKER, UNCLUTCH, LECHOKE JAMES
2. Pass/doesn't take last shot - LEBRON IS WADE'S ROBIN, MENTALLY WEAK, SCARED, etc.

LakersReign
03-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Hey instead of dissin on a team thats jogging its way to a championship how about you realistically evaluate your team. The same one that got swept last year and looks even worse this year. Your supposed best player just chucked his team out of the game and let down the teammates that were going to get him the win if he just gave them the ball and got outta the way.

You guys said exactly the same thing last year and the year before that, and the year before that and the year before that, and the year before that. Your supposed best team has supposedly the best player in the game, who's also supposedly supposed to be better than Jordan. Yet is scared sh*tless of taking the last shot. Instead of dissing a team that has had back to back titles in the last 3 years. Show them the respect they deserve, and take your own advice. Hype doesn't win championships, and if you actually knew something about basketball, you'd already know that. Go ask Iverson how much championships hype got him.

Try again:no:

Double standard for LeBron there's really no win for him unless he hits the shot.
2. Pass/doesn't take last shot - LEBRON IS WADE'S ROBIN, MENTALLY WEAK, SCARED, etc.

Works both ways.
Double standard for Kobe, there's really no win at all.
1. Has the balls to take the shot but miss - KOBRICK BRICKS AGAIN
2. Pass/doesn't take the shot - KOBRICK'S SCARED HE'S GONNA BRICK AGAIN, SO HE PASSED TO PAD HIS STATS, etc.

Lebronytes are the ones who created these ludicrous double standards to keep propping up Lebron. So don't cry now cuz it's biting you in the a**.

K.Koscik
03-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Only read the first page. i didnt get a chance to watch the game or shot but it should be noted that shooting with 6 seconds left leaves an opportunity for an offensive rebound. with gasol and bynum, it could be a smart play. Just a guess

d21221hk
03-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Law of averages. He's been on fire for the past couple games so he must have a couple nights like this to make up for it.

clayton
03-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Basically this is why LeBron should be less like Kobe. Look for higher percentage shots from teammates instead of jacking fadeaway three pointer over dozen defenders.

RazorBaLade
03-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Basically this is why LeBron should be less like Kobe. Look for higher percentage shots from teammates instead of jacking fadeaway three pointer over dozen defenders.

Yeah except they would have lost in regular time if kobe didn't shoot

Its almost like 50% on game tying/gw shots is bad. Wtf. How can you say someone that went 50% on game tying shots in a game did poorly? Thats incredible historically... And the 3 was just a mistake because he heard they were going to foul.

Srsly people. He shot 8-26 and had like the 3rd best % on the team man. It was a bad game but you really can't point to kobe here.

G-train
03-07-2012, 07:23 PM
I finally figured it out. I've been following Kobe since he came into the league and I always wondered what would lead him to make some of the basketball decisions he's made.

It's simple: He doesn't give a ****.

-Smak

This.

He cares about playing, but he doesnt care what YOU think.

RazorBaLade
03-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Had Kobe shot better than 8 for 26 in the first place against the lowly Pistons it would not even had gone to OT. :facepalm

why doesnt that apply to steve barnes metta troy shooting a combined 2-15 or so?

Deuce Bigalow
03-07-2012, 07:30 PM

He hit the gametying buzzer beater to send it into OT

gyu
03-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Works both ways.
Double standard for Kobe, there's really no win at all.
1. Has the balls to take the shot but miss - KOBRICK BRICKS AGAIN
2. Pass/doesn't take the shot - KOBRICK'S SCARED HE'S GONNA BRICK AGAIN, SO HE PASSED TO PAD HIS STATS, etc.

Lebronytes are the ones who created these ludicrous double standards to keep propping up Lebron. So don't cry now cuz it's biting you in the a**.
I'm not even a LeBron fan and I can see it is worse for him. All-star game he passes the ball, so many threads pop up. Same with when he passed to Haslem.
Kobe takes a bad shot in the last seconds, 1 thread. No comparison really.

Figlo
03-07-2012, 07:32 PM
typical Kobe, he is a all or nothing player...why is everyone so suprised about this?

chips93
03-07-2012, 07:47 PM

and kobe hit the shot, so he gets some win . . .

seems pretty fair to me :confusedshrug:

LakersReign
03-07-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm not even a LeBron fan and I can see it is worse for him. All-star game he passes the ball, so many threads pop up. Same with when he passed to Haslem.
Kobe takes a bad shot in the last seconds, 1 thread. No comparison really.

Dude please. That's only cuz they finally ran out of ret**ded sh*t to say. At some point, saying the same thing over and over and over and over, must get tiring. They do it to Kobe every game every season, and have been doing it for the last 16 years. So please don't come cryin' to me cuz the pathetic double standard Lebronytes invented is biting them in the a** now.

Lebron23
03-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Dude please. That's only cuz they finally ran out of ret**ded sh*t to say. At some point, saying the same thing over and over and over and over, msut get tiring. They do it to Kobe every game every season, and have been doing it for the last 16 years. So please don't come cryin' to me cuz the pathetic double standard Lebronytes invented is biting them in the a** now.

Just STFU. You are a horrible gimmick account. You don't like people who insults Kobe. Now please stop demonizing LeBron. He's a very talented player who's going to win an NBA Finals MVP before he turns 30.

305Baller
03-07-2012, 08:24 PM
http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l632/matik23/2qa214m.gif

http://www.clevelandmagazine.com/Media/MediaManager/NorrisCole.jpg

Asukal
03-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Mehhh, I'm just glad he didn't make it or we will see endless Godbe Godbe Godbe threads shoved down our throats for the coming days. :cheers:

SwayDizzle
03-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Mehhh, I'm just glad he didn't make it or we will see endless Godbe Godbe Godbe threads shoved down our throats for the coming days. :cheers:
GODbe, LAWDbe, GOATbe :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

LakersReign
03-08-2012, 02:07 AM
Just STFU. You are a horrible gimmick account. You don't like people who insults Kobe. Now please stop demonizing LeBron. He's a very talented player who's going to win an NBA Finals MVP before he turns 30.

Welcome to my Ignore Lists. Why do you hate LeBron? Did he raped your girlfriend? You are so annoying. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?postcount=873&p=6972188

What? They put LeBron on the court when their opponents cut their lead. Just stop posting in this forum. I'll ready put you on my ignore lists. Ok Thanks bye.
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245407&page=4

I don't take orders from sad a** punk a** lying a** dumba**** like you(lebron23) who's so ret**ded, you tell the same lie over and over and again. Actually expecting people to believe you and take you and anything else you say seriously:sleeping