PDA

View Full Version : Lebron's defense is overrated...

iDefend5
03-01-2012, 04:58 AM
lets be real here.

The Heat's defense last season in 2010-2011 was the same statistically as it was in the 2009-2010 season. People need to stop acting as if the Heat became this powerhouse defensive team because of him. They have always been a powerhouse defensive team since Spolestra was the coach.

I honestly think when both Wade and Lebron are going all out defensively, Wade is actually the superior defender. Lebron is more consistent though so I have to give props to him but he is not as great of a defender as most people say.

That is all.

KBryant24
03-01-2012, 05:01 AM
lets be real here.

The Heat's defense last season in 2010-2011 was the same statistically as it was in the 2009-2010 season. People need to stop acting as if the Heat became this powerhouse defensive team because of him. They have always been a powerhouse defensive team since Spolestra was the coach.

I honestly think when both Wade and Lebron are going all out defensively, Wade is actually the superior defender. Lebron is more consistent though so I have to give props to him but he is not as great of a defender as most people say.

That is all.
he can guard 1-4, enough said

Kblaze8855
03-01-2012, 05:04 AM
People need to stop acting as if the Heat became this powerhouse defensive team because of him.

Never heard or read such a thing.

G-Funk
03-01-2012, 05:04 AM

Fisher too, doesn't mean he's successful at it.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 05:06 AM
Never heard or read such a thing.
"Lebron single handedly shut down Rose". We here it all the time Blaze.

Lebron23
03-01-2012, 05:07 AM

This

The Op is a f@got.

nbaballllller
03-01-2012, 05:11 AM

tell me someone who has guarded him better?

iDefend5
03-01-2012, 05:12 AM
Exactly, he gets 100% of the credit for guarding Rose even though he did it for like 3 minutes? What about the other times when he was sucking? It's not like Rose only sucked when Lebron was on him. People act as if what Lebron did to Rose was what Kobe did to Westbrook in the 2010 playoffs, not similar, not similar at all.

mikek85
op is overrated. :rockon:

ThatsGame

Well...he did.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 05:14 AM
tell me someone who has guarded him better?
The entire Heat perimeter with haslem and anthony in the paint:facepalm :facepalm

Lebron23
03-01-2012, 05:15 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251941

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252767

iDefend5
03-01-2012, 05:17 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251941

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252767
More proof that his defense is overrated, thanks.

Haymaker
03-01-2012, 05:18 AM
Lebron can smother smaller players with his size and speed, but that's about it. He has no clue on how to defend on the post. He got quick hands for a steal here and there but he's not your shut-down defender like Bruce Bowen, Gary Payton, Scottie Pippen. Like everything else he does, he relies on his athleticism to defend.

Lebron23
03-01-2012, 05:20 AM
http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/lebron-defense-on-rose-statistics/

http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-bulls/2011/5/27/2193427/lebron-james-defense-derrick-rose-miami-heat-chicago-bulls

iDefend5
03-01-2012, 05:21 AM
http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/lebron-defense-on-rose-statistics/

http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-bulls/2011/5/27/2193427/lebron-james-defense-derrick-rose-miami-heat-chicago-bulls
:oldlol: You know you are just helping the people who aren't on LeBron's side out right?

ThatsGame
03-01-2012, 05:23 AM
:oldlol: You know you are just helping the people who aren't on LeBron's side out right?

Only the delusional ones, like you.

Lebron23
03-01-2012, 05:23 AM

Watch some games!!!

iDefend5
03-01-2012, 05:24 AM
Watch some games!!!
I know you more than likely don't get the point of this thread or what I am saying but I never said LeBron James was a bad defender or not a good defender. I simply just said he is an overrated defender, meaning that he isn't as good of a defender as most people say he is, and that is the truth.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 05:24 AM
And they never learn....never:facepalm :facepalm

nbaballllller
03-01-2012, 05:26 AM
The entire Heat perimeter with haslem and anthony in the paint:facepalm :facepalm

yeah put haslem or joel on him and see how they do.... :hammerhead:

Im not talkin about help defense. Im talkin about the man guarding him intitially.

Obviously with players like rose, kobe, wade etc you need total team committment and focus but tell me someone in the league that has guarded rose better?

iDefend5
03-01-2012, 05:28 AM
Dwight Howard and LeBron James are the best defenders among the elite NBA players this season.
:oldlol: :facepalm

Lebron23
03-01-2012, 05:29 AM
You are an idiot RG. It's very hard for a perimeter player to win the defensive player of the year award since the NBA removed the hand check rule. LeBron played some good defense on 6'10" Dwight Howard, and he shutdown 6'1.5" Rose in the ECF.

iDefend5
03-01-2012, 05:31 AM
You are an idiot RG. It's very hard for a perimeter player to win the defensive player of the year award since the NBA removed the hand check rule. LeBron played some good defense on 6'10" Dwight Howard, and he shutdown 6'1.5" Rose in the ECF.
:facepalm How long have you been speaking or trying to learn English for again? You don't get it, plain and simple.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 05:32 AM
yeah put haslem or joel on him and see how they do.... :hammerhead:

Im not talkin about help defense. Im talkin about the man guarding him intitially.

That's the entire point, lebron only guarded rose one on one for 5 mins total each game. The majority of the game was nothing BUT help defense against rose. And with no other Bull an offensive threat, it wasn't hard to do. Heat took down Rose as a TEAM

Lebron23
03-01-2012, 05:37 AM
Defensive rating is points allowed per 100 possessions. . Defensive Win Shares (number of wins contributed by individual defense).

2011-12 NBA 2.2 (6th in the NBA) Defensive Win Shares

2011-2012 NBA 97.1 (14th in the NBA) Defensive Rating.

nbaballllller
03-01-2012, 05:39 AM
That's the entire point, lebron only guarded rose one on one for 5 mins total each game. The majority of the game was nothing BUT help defense against rose. And with no other Bull an offensive threat, it wasn't hard to do. Heat took down Rose as a TEAM

I agree with you. The heat as a team (not just lebron) defended rose very well. and u are right. without any other reliable offensive weapon, the job was easier.

I didnt debate that.

But u still havent answered my question (infact u deleted it from the quote lol) who has defended rose better than lebron?

WockaVodka
03-01-2012, 05:43 AM
Why do people brag about LeBron's defense on Rose but then ignore his defense on Jason Terry and Shawn Marion in the Finals? It sounds hypocritical especially when Lebron actually guarded those two for longer stretches than he did with Rose.

Tenchi Ryu
03-01-2012, 05:45 AM
I agree with you. The heat as a team (not just lebron) defended rose very well. and u are right. without any other reliable offensive weapon, the job was easier.

I didnt debate that.

But u still havent answered my question (infact u deleted it from the quote lol) who has defended rose better than lebron?
I know he defended rose well, probably one of the best. But there is a HUGE difference between saying "Lebron guarded him well" and "Lebron single-handedly shut rose down. That's what I'm stating.

Lebron23
03-01-2012, 05:47 AM

I didnt debate that.

Just ignore him. This asshole don't know $hit about basketball. The guy has a million sock accounts in this forum.

nbaballllller
03-01-2012, 05:50 AM
I know he defended rose well, probably one of the best. But there is a HUGE difference between saying "Lebron guarded him well" and "Lebron single-handedly shut rose down. That's what I'm stating.

Ok fair enough, I agree

Kblaze8855
03-01-2012, 06:02 AM

That is nothing the least bit similar to:

acting as if the Heat became this powerhouse defensive team because of him.

Nobody serious who looked into the matter at all would say Lebron made the Heat into a good defense.

Its just a bullshit complaint about something only said by people in the heads of the complainer. Perhaps someone somewhere on earth said something simular but no way do enough people think Lebron turned a bad Heat D into a good one to justify these claims.

Though if this is another account by the usual guy I wouldnt expect being reasonable to begin with. Just having 10 accounts to begin with should be an automatic ban. Nobody not instantly destroying their credibility to an extent too far to be taken serious needs to do such a thing.

arifgokcen
03-01-2012, 06:09 AM
Let me ask you this is he good enough to be first team defender

iDefend5
03-01-2012, 06:11 AM
Let me ask you this is he good enough to be first team defender
Yes, but that doesn't mean he is not overrated.

Overrated is not the same thing as bad. I'm assuming that is the problem Lebron23 has trouble understanding.

iDefend5
03-01-2012, 06:12 AM
That is nothing the least bit similar to:

Nobody serious who looked into the matter at all would say Lebron made the Heat into a good defense.

Its just a bullshit complaint about something only said by people in the heads of the complainer. Perhaps someone somewhere on earth said something simular but no way do enough people think Lebron turned a bad Heat D into a good one to justify these claims.

Though if this is another account by the usual guy I wouldnt expect being reasonable to begin with. Just having 10 accounts to begin with should be an automatic ban. Nobody not instantly destroying their credibility to an extent too far to be taken serious needs to do such a thing.
Looks like somebody is upset that someone is not saying nice things about Lebron, typical.

arifgokcen
03-01-2012, 06:21 AM
Yes, but that doesn't mean he is not overrated.

Overrated is not the same thing as bad. I'm assuming that is the problem Lebron23 has trouble understanding.
Hmm ok agreeable assumption

pauk
03-01-2012, 06:23 AM
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/nxkih3.jpg.gif

Kblaze8855
03-01-2012, 06:26 AM
Were I reading anything I found upsetting id just delete the topic. I assure you nobody would do anything to stop it. I could probably take a moment to figure out who you are each time and delete everything you said and not get so much as PM asking why. You must have been banned 12-15 times by now. People like you have who no purpose but to push a single idea(Be it anti Dwight or Lebron or whoever at the moment) are the worst thing that ever happened to online sports discussion. You exist to create arguments on tired subjects often just remaking the same topics over and over.

What good could come of it?

Really?

What use does this board have for a Lebron topic of any kind in fact? Or Kobe?

Why on earth are people like you still making these endless repeat topics?

pauk
03-01-2012, 06:34 AM
Were I reading anything I found upsetting id just delete the topic. I assure you nobody would do anything to stop it. I could probably take a moment to figure out who you are each time and delete everything you said and not get so much as PM asking why. You must have been banned 12-15 times by now. People like you have who no purpose but to push a single idea(Be it anti Dwight or Lebron or whoever at the moment) are the worst thing that ever happened to online sports discussion. You exist to create arguments on tired subjects often just remaking the same topics over and over.

Really?

:applause:

shrempf_on_rice
03-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Why do people brag about LeBron's defense on Rose but then ignore his defense on Jason Terry and Shawn Marion in the Finals? It sounds hypocritical especially when Lebron actually guarded those two for longer stretches than he did with Rose.

because it doesnt support their argument. Why else do u think?:hammerhead:

arifgokcen
03-01-2012, 07:37 AM

Really?

In his face
:roll:

Odinn
03-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Why don't you stop making threads?:facepalm

madmax
03-01-2012, 08:32 AM
yup, Lebron is such a horrible defender that reigning league "MVP" could only muster like 5% shooting in the 4th quarters of playoff series against him...:confusedshrug:

Faptastrophe
03-01-2012, 08:37 AM
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/nxkih3.jpg.gif

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff322/yinwest/Laugh.gif

Rnbizzle
03-01-2012, 09:09 AM
OP's got issues. Like, serious issues.

jlip
03-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Has anyone noticed that probably 90% of the Lebron threads are created by his critics and "haters"? His actual fans (and homers) make very few threads about him comparatively.

ILLsmak
03-01-2012, 11:16 AM

Life is an endless repeat topic.

-Smak

RRR3
03-01-2012, 11:16 AM

Really?

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Ether!
http://cover7.cduniverse.com/MuzeAudioArt/Large/57/436357.jpg

Doctor Rivers
03-01-2012, 11:19 AM
lets be real here.

That is all.

lebron >> you

Legends66NBA7
03-01-2012, 11:26 AM
There are ways it can be overrated, but not to some of the extent your talking about.

That is all.

zizozain
03-01-2012, 11:28 AM
the guy thinks that Lebron's defense is overrated .. so what?

some people have no purpose but defending Lebron .. calm down

don't get you're panties all in a bunch

''a low self esteem prostitute who wishes to see much more women engaged in prostitution''

that's Lebron and his jockers

Lebron is the prostitute of the NBA
his jockers are the prostitutes of ISH

LakersReign
03-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Exactly, he gets 100% of the credit for guarding Rose even though he did it for like 3 minutes? What about the other times when he was sucking? It's not like Rose only sucked when Lebron was on him. People act as if what Lebron did to Rose was what Kobe did to Westbrook in the 2010 playoffs, not similar, not similar at all.

It's people who know nothing about basketball, so what do you expect? The Heat did to Rose what Boston did to Lebron, team D, not hard to understand at all if you know the game. But the Lebronytes ALWAYS have to overhype everything that's Lebron to make him look good. If he did "shut down" people all the time, I'd give him the credit he deserves. This is my biggest problem with them running their mouths about how the Heat will beat the Bulls in a rematch this year. They're all banking on Lebron having the same success against Rose. Honestly, I think they're all in for a very rude awakening.

Has anyone noticed that probably 90% of the Lebron threads are created by his critics and "haters"? His actual fans (and homers) make very few threads about him comparatively.

Works both ways, bro. Works both ways:no:

arifgokcen
03-01-2012, 11:56 AM
the guy thinks that Lebron's defense is overrated .. so what?

some people have no purpose but defending Lebron .. calm down

don't get you're panties all in a bunch

''a low self esteem prostitute who wishes to see much more women engaged in prostitution''

that's Lebron and his jockers

Lebron is the prostitute of the NBA
his jockers are the prostitutes of ISH

Why is this basterd still here?
Ban this guy and his other account too

RRR3
03-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Why is this basterd still here?
Ban this guy and his other account too
What other account? Winwin? :lol they both always say that stupid prostitute line :facepalm

iDefend5
03-01-2012, 01:16 PM
yup, Lebron is such a horrible defender that reigning league "MVP" could only muster like 5% shooting in the 4th quarters of playoff series against him...:confusedshrug:
:roll: The IQ of LeBron fans.

Where did anyone say it was horrible?

chips93
03-01-2012, 01:23 PM
from 82games.com

the miami defense with lebron on the floor; 99.4 points per possession

the miami defense with lebron off the floor; 105.5 points per possession

to put this in perspective, with him on the floor, they are the 5th best defense

with him on the bench, they are 21st on defense

the stats back up, what should be obvious to anybody watching the heat on defense. Lebron is a great defensive player

and as always; RG is a phagg0t

DMV2
03-01-2012, 01:26 PM
I was watching some clips of the 2011 Finals earlier this morning and I noticed two things.

1. The Heat had a lead midway through the 4th quarter in every game. We all know who didn't show up in the 4th quarter.

2. LeBron basically hung out in near the 3-point arc majority of the time, not just offensively but defensively as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXqoG9jR3uw Check out the 5:10 mark. It took Dirk about 2 or 3 seconds to actually released the shot. LeBron was just two steps away from him. He could have tried to go for a block but he just stood there and watch Dirk stroke the jumper.

He's a good defender but just not in the playoffs against good teams.

chips93
03-01-2012, 01:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXqoG9jR3uw Check out the 5:10 mark. It took Dirk about 2 or 3 seconds to actually released the shot. LeBron was just two steps away from him. He could have tried to go for a block but he just stood there and watch Dirk stroke the jumper.

So he should have abandoned jason terry at the 3pt line? with nobody in position to rotate onto jet?

that was haslem's fault for not fighting through the screen, or bosh's fault for not switching, whatever the strategy was.

looks like haslems fault to me.

iDefend5
03-01-2012, 01:31 PM
from 82games.com

the miami defense with lebron on the floor; 99.4 points per possession

the miami defense with lebron off the floor; 105.5 points per possession

to put this in perspective, with him on the floor, they are the 5th best defense

with him on the bench, they are 21st on defense

the stats back up, what should be obvious to anybody watching the heat on defense. Lebron is a great defensive player

and as always; RG is a phagg0t
Heat - 6th in defense in 2009-2010
Heat - 5th in defense in 2010-2011.

Good job, Irish *******. Did you ever learn how to use the shift key?

You aren't even from America a.k.a a real and superior country, just some shitty country where drunks are from.

Why is anyone suppose to take you seriously again?

Next.

Bigsmoke
03-01-2012, 01:33 PM
the OP gotta Celtics players on his avy and said LeBron is an overrated defender:lol

All of Paul Pierce's worst playoffs series were against a team featuring LeBron James. Coincident?

iDefend5
03-01-2012, 01:34 PM
the OP gotta Celtics players on his avy and said LeBron is an overrated defender:lol

All of Paul Pierce's worst playoffs series were against a team featuring LeBron James. Coincident?
Excellent point. How did Paul Pierce do in that Game 7 against LeBron James in 2008?

DMV2
03-01-2012, 01:34 PM
So he should have abandoned jason terry at the 3pt line? with nobody in position to rotate onto jet?

that was haslem's fault for not fighting through the screen, or bosh's fault for not switching, whatever the strategy was.

looks like haslems fault to me.:oldlol: Yeah, it's so easy fighting through a screen defended by a 7-footer.

LeBron didn't have to leave Terry until Dirk motioned for his shot. LeBron didn't even do anything, he just stood there. Plus, Terry was three feet away from the 3-point arc too. His 3 would have been a lot harder than Dirk's.

LOL, it's not LeBron's fault even if he just stands there motionless watching the ball.

Bigsmoke
03-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Excellent point. How did Paul Pierce do in that Game 7 against LeBron James in 2008?

and LeBron still outscored him :rolleyes:

LeBron wasnt even defending Pierce in most of Pierce's attempts made. :rolleyes:

97 bulls
03-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Why hasn't a lebron supporter answered wockavodkas question? If lebron this great defender, how do you explain what terry and marion did to him? Marion called him a BITCH. Terry said james can't guard him. They were calling him out.

iDefend5
03-01-2012, 01:40 PM
and LeBron still outscored him :rolleyes:

LeBron wasnt even defending Pierce in most of Pierce's shots. :rolleyes:
:oldlol: So what was the point of you bringing it up?

Some monkey: Hey, LeBron always shuts down Pierce

Me: Really? How well did LeBron defend Pierce in that game 7 in 2008 playoffs?

Some monkey: He didn't even guard him. :rolleyes:

Lebron outscored by 4 points and shot under way worse efficiency. It's understandable why most Lebron fans are dumb, and it is because they're black.

chips93
03-01-2012, 01:43 PM
:oldlol: Yeah, it's so easy fighting through a screen defended by a 7-footer.

what? seriously, re-watch haslem 'fighting' through that screen, he should have gotten through it.

he was indecisive and tried to push through him, rather than either follow dirk, or cheat on it.

he didn neither and got burned

a simple down screen shouldnt require a help defender.

LeBron didn't have to leave Terry until Dirk motioned for his shot. LeBron didn't even do anything, he just stood there. Plus, Terry was three feet away from the 3-point arc too. His 3 would have been a lot harder than Dirk's.

so, lets say lebron leaves terry as dirk motions for his shot (firstly, if he leaves that late, he doesnt stand a chance at contesting), dirk is gonna notice that he has two players running at him, and swing it to a wide open terry, who steps into a three. a much easier shot than dirk actually took in real life.

LOL, it's not LeBron's fault even if he just stands there motionless watching the ball.

there is such a thing as over-helping you know

chips93
03-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Heat - 6th in defense in 2009-2010
Heat - 5th in defense in 2010-2011.

Good job, Irish *******. Did you ever learn how to use the shift key?

You aren't even from America a.k.a a real and superior country, just some shitty country where drunks are from.

Why is anyone suppose to take you seriously again?

Next.

ouch

RG so mad :lol

97 bulls
03-01-2012, 01:46 PM

Lebron outscored by 4 points and shot under way worse efficiency. It's understandable why most Lebron fans are dumb, and it is because they're black.
Lol what does their racial background have to do with it?

Bigsmoke
03-01-2012, 01:47 PM

Dude had most of his points from transition threes and picks which made the undersized Delonte West guard him or someone else.

nice job proving to me that Pierce had 3 of his worst series against the Cavs in 08 and 2010 and the Heat last year.

dummy

chips93
03-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Lol what does their racial background have to do with it?

RG is edging towards another meltdown

Bigsmoke
03-01-2012, 01:49 PM
RG is edging towards another meltdown

i'm tell you man.

someone needs to take this kid to a strip club or take him outside or something. He has NO life.

He needs to get himself some *****

iDefend5
03-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Dude had most of his points from transition threes and picks which made the undersized Delonte West guard him or someone else.

nice job proving to me that Pierce had 3 of his worst series against the Cavs in 08 and 2010 and the Heat last year.

dummy
You didn't answer me, how did Pierce do against LeBron in that Game 7 in 2008 playoffs? Oh yeah, he out dueled him and won the game and the series.

Next.

zizozain
03-01-2012, 01:51 PM
So he should have abandoned jason terry at the 3pt line?

yes. Dirk was shotting a fcuking WIDE open 3

and lebron was the only player could defed it .. he chose not to

LOW BB IQ

chips93
03-01-2012, 01:53 PM
yes. Dirk was shotting a fcuking WIDE open 3

and lebron was the only player could defed it .. he chose not to

LOW BB IQ

ive already explained who missed the defensive assignment on that play, earlier in this thread.

it shouldnt be hard to find.

chips93
03-01-2012, 01:54 PM
i'm tell you man.

someone needs to take this kid to a strip club or take him outside or something. He has NO life.

He needs to get himself some *****

just some weed first, calm his ass down

Bigsmoke
03-01-2012, 01:54 PM
You didn't answer me, how did Pierce do against LeBron in that Game 7 in 2008 playoffs? Oh yeah, he out dueled him and won the game and the series.

Next.

I told you he outscored him. Learn to read. :hammerhead:
Lebron had 45 on 48% shooting is nothing special? :rolleyes:
why the hell did the series even go to 7 in the first place?

How did Pierce handled LeBron in 2011?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rxU9s2TqDc

iDefend5
03-01-2012, 01:58 PM
I told you he outscored him. Learn to read. :hammerhead:
Lebron had 45 on 48% shooting is nothing special? :rolleyes:
why the hell did the series even go to 7 in the first place?

How did Pierce handled LeBron in 2011?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rxU9s2TqDc

What was Pierce's shooting %? Higher or lower than 48%?

Also how did Pierce and Lebron do at the FT line and 3 pt line

Please tell me.

Let me check, LOL, 57% shooting, yeah Pierce owned that overrated defender LeBron.

asdf1990
03-01-2012, 01:59 PM

Next.

this is the stupidest shit I have heard ever. You think someone is gonna shut down an all star level player every game.. This is the NBA its not high school or college basketball where 90% of the players suck balls. These players are the best in the world and you think in order for someone to be a great defender they have to shut down players in every single game.. lebron shut down the best player on the other team for majority of the series thats better than what 99% of the SF's in the NBA could do.

Bladers
03-01-2012, 01:59 PM
The most overrated defender of the decade.
He is not even a better defender than Durant.

Lebron is on top, Durant is on bottom.
Stats prove Durant is light years better.
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9164/durantvslebron.png

iDefend5
03-01-2012, 02:01 PM
this is the stupidest shit I have heard ever. You think someone is gonna shut down an all star level player every game.. This is the NBA its not high school or college basketball where 90% of the players suck balls. These players are the best in the world and you think in order for someone to be a great defender they have to shut down players in every single game.. lebron shut down the best player on the other team for majority of the series thats better than what 99% of the SF's in the NBA could do.

Yeah Lebron is an unclutch defender. I would love to have Lebron defend my best perimeter player in clutch games and moments cause I know my guy would destroy him. :oldlol:

Bigsmoke
03-01-2012, 02:03 PM
What was Pierce's shooting %? Higher or lower than 48%?

Also how did Pierce and Lebron do at the FT line and 3 pt line

Please tell me.

:rolleyes:

you are really not worth arguing with.

The Celtics got the best defensive team in the league that season by far and you're just saying 45 points on 48% shooting against a team like that is like "meh so what?"

asdf1990
03-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Yeah Lebron is an unclutch defender. I would love to have Lebron defend my best perimeter player in clutch games and moments cause I know my guy would destroy him. :oldlol:

lebron has probably made more game winning clutch defensive plays than majority of the NBA players in the past 3-4 seasons.. I am not gonna go and get videos cuz you are trolling hard, you can youtube them

Bigsmoke
03-01-2012, 02:06 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_QR614H1ts

:lol

Bigsmoke
03-01-2012, 02:07 PM
lebron has probably made more game winning clutch defensive plays than majority of the NBA players in the past 3-4 seasons.. I am not gonna go and get videos cuz you are trolling hard, you can youtube them

RG is just talking out of his ass.

The Heat had no help defense when LeBron make Rose shot that airball in game 4 in the ECF.

arifgokcen
03-01-2012, 02:09 PM
idefend5 relax buddy relax.

Ok lebron is bad defender
lebron is not clutch defender.
Lebron is average at best help defender.
He is not even top 5.
(durant,pierce,deng,iggy,marion are better)

OK,if you are not satisfied.

Lebron is not even the best player let alone best defender on his own team.

OK???

Lebron23
03-01-2012, 02:09 PM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/164408_o.gif

Kblaze to RG - Not in my House.

Bigsmoke
03-01-2012, 02:16 PM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/164408_o.gif

Kblaze to RG - Not in my House.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvRc7pwnt0U

R.I.P.
03-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Of course it is overrated. Just watch game four of the finals. 2-1 series lead, Heat up nine in the 4th quarter and he let Terry blow by him for four quick points without even making an attempt to stop him. It was pathetic. Mavs cut it to five, Heat immediately call timeout. Too late. Mavs go on to win the game and the series.

madmax
03-01-2012, 02:42 PM

Lebron still did better?:lol
Anyway, your pointy being?

Lebron23
03-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Worst Thread Ever.

Doctor Rivers
03-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Worst Thread Ever.

agreed

arifgokcen
03-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Of course it is overrated. Just watch game four of the finals. 2-1 series lead, Heat up nine in the 4th quarter and he let Terry blow by him for four quick points without even making an attempt to stop him. It was pathetic. Mavs cut it to five, Heat immediately call timeout. Too late. Mavs go on to win the game and the series.

Ok i can agree with anything as long as it has some evidence but come on you are talking about one possession.Really are you that pathetic?I am not even talking about whether lebron is overrated or underrated or good or bad defender.

I am talking about the logic.Have you ever been to school.

please dont answer anymore to this stupid thread.We all understand idefend5 despise lebron.

chazzy
03-01-2012, 03:14 PM
It's understandable why most Lebron fans are dumb, and it is because they're black.
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3355640&postcount=1805

R.I.P.
03-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Ok i can agree with anything as long as it has some evidence but come on you are talking about one possession.Really are you that pathetic?I am not even talking about whether lebron is overrated or underrated or good or bad defender.

I am talking about the logic.Have you ever been to school.

please dont answer anymore to this stupid thread.We all understand idefend5 despise lebron.

That is what we call an example.

That is the biggest game of his life. Terry had just punked him in the media. If he plays his alleged all NBA defense twice, he reaches the ultimate goal in his sport and he CHOSE not to. He didn

Bigsmoke
03-01-2012, 03:49 PM
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3355640&postcount=1805

I remember this :lol

arifgokcen
03-01-2012, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]That is what we call an example.

That is the biggest game of his life. Terry had just punked him in the media. If he plays his alleged all NBA defense twice, he reaches the ultimate goal in his sport and he CHOSE not to. He didn

Round Mound
03-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Lebron James is one of the Best Defenders in the Game.

Overrated? More like Underrated...

Defensive Win Shares

2006-07 NBA 5.7 (4)
2008-09 NBA 6.5 (2)
2009-10 NBA 5.2 (3)
2010-11 NBA 5.3 (3)
2011-12 NBA 2.2 (7)
Career NBA 40.9 (79)
Career 40.9 (85)

Defensive Rating

2008-09 NBA 99.1 (3)

iDefend5
03-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Lebron still did better?:lol
Anyway, your pointy being?
pierce wins the game, scores with much higher efficiency, and lebron outplayed him? :oldlol:

chips93
03-01-2012, 04:25 PM

Defensive Win Shares

2006-07 NBA 5.7 (4)
2008-09 NBA 6.5 (2)
2009-10 NBA 5.2 (3)
2010-11 NBA 5.3 (3)
2011-12 NBA 2.2 (7)
Career NBA 40.9 (79)
Career 40.9 (85)

Defensive Rating

2008-09 NBA 99.1 (3)

what are winshares?

please explain how one quantifies winshares?

Clippersfan86
03-01-2012, 04:28 PM
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj241/Rabbit2100/shitstorm.jpg

SwooshReturns
03-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Why hasn't a lebron supporter answered wockavodkas question? If lebron this great defender, how do you explain what terry and marion did to him? Marion called him a BITCH. Terry said james can't guard him. They were calling him out.
LeBron James is viewed as a hyped, child-ish, coward, stat padding loser by his peers?

Can you imagine someone calling MJ a BITCH in the Finals for the world to see?

:oldlol:

The offensive wraith that would ensue would be like watching Hurricane Katrina at the height of it's destruction.

Vertical-24
03-01-2012, 04:41 PM
If anything is overrated about LeBron, I don't believe it is his defense by any stretch. The man is a lockdown man-to-man defender whose lateral quickness and size allows him to shutdown anybody of any position. Great help-defender, great ability to read the offense and a gritty overall defender...LeBron is the real deal.

Any Kobe stan should be able to admit this, any basketball fan period should be able to admit this. Anything saying the contrary seems like meaningless bickering and hating, and this is coming from a huge fan of the Mamba.

Heavincent
03-01-2012, 04:44 PM
LeBron James is viewed as a hyped, child-ish, coward, stat padding loser by his peers?

Can you imagine someone calling MJ a BITCH in the Finals for the world to see?

:oldlol:

The offensive wraith that would ensue would be like watching Hurricane Katrina at the height of it's destruction.

At that point, I just knew Lebron would never be looked at in the upper echelon of players (Jordan, Kareem, Bird, Magic, Kobe, etc). Terry and Marion were clowning on him throughout the Finals. I just couldn't picture someone talking so much shit to somebody like Jordan or Bird and getting away with it.

SwooshReturns
03-01-2012, 05:36 PM
I just couldn't picture someone talking so much shit to somebody like Jordan or Bird and getting away with it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/MitchMatch/109190631.gif

Bladers
03-01-2012, 05:43 PM
The most overrated defender of the decade.
He is not even a better defender than Durant.

Lebron is on top, Durant is on bottom.
Stats prove Durant is light years better.
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9164/durantvslebron.png

Defensive Win Shares

2006-07 NBA 5.7 (4)
2008-09 NBA 6.5 (2)
2009-10 NBA 5.2 (3)
2010-11 NBA 5.3 (3)
2011-12 NBA 2.2 (7)
Career NBA 40.9 (79)
Career 40.9 (85)

Defensive Rating

2008-09 NBA 99.1 (3)

Funny how people disregard real statistics and take things like winshares seriously.... lol win-shares... what a joke.

Real stat: If I defend someone 10 times on isolation play and was succesful in stopping him 5 out of the times .That means he shoots 50% when I'm guarding him in isolation plays. This same goes for pick and roll, post up, spot up etc.

Not that win shares bs that has no meaning. come on son. get real! :facepalm

Fuhrer Hubbs
03-01-2012, 05:47 PM
I've seen the same synergy picture posted about ten times on this forum since I started posting. I wonder how old it is. The picture doesn't even have the comparison stats for each individual. Just numbers thrown all over the board.

Anyway LeBron is the most versatile defender in the league as he can guard ANY position effectively and do it well at that. He is a top 5 perimeter defender in this league. Anyone that disagrees is just some ignorant hater. A case for the best could be easily made, but theres a few guys in that boat(Tony Allen, Iguodala, etc.). Don't see how that's overrated.

DirtySanchez
03-01-2012, 05:58 PM
He is not a lock down defender by no means...but he can chase anyone down like a mofo.

Lebron23
03-01-2012, 06:00 PM
He deserves another spot in the All NBA Defensive team.

Bladers
03-01-2012, 06:08 PM
I've seen the same synergy picture posted about ten times on this forum since I started posting. I wonder how old it is. The picture doesn't even have the comparison stats for each individual. Just numbers thrown all over the board.

Anyway LeBron is the most versatile defender in the league as he can guard ANY position effectively and do it well at that. He is a top 5 perimeter defender in this league. Anyone that disagrees is just some ignorant hater. A case for the best could be easily made, but theres a few guys in that boat(Tony Allen, Iguodala, etc.). Don't see how that's overrated.

I took that picture today.

go to www.mysynergysports.com to check it out yourself. IT does have comparison stat if you looked at it with your eyes open and your glasses off homer.

USE YOUR GOSHDAMN BRIAN.

I told you the top was Lebron and the bottom was Durant.

Yet again we see the failure of American's education system.

Secondly, no he is not "the most versatile defender". He is not a great defender to begin with.

LOOK AT THE DEFENSIVE STATS NOT THE HYPE!

NOT THE WIN SHARES BULLSHIT!

NOT THE FAST BREAK CHASE DOWN BLOCKS!

its amazing how people think that chasing someone down on a fastbreak to get a block = playing defenses.

Just because a player is strong enough and big enough to play multiple position doesn't mean he's good a it. It just means he's serviceable.

LakersReign
03-01-2012, 06:37 PM

Dude please. If Lebron was really all that, then he would've stepped up and shut down Jason Terry in the Finals. Terry FLAT OUT told him "you CAN'T guard me......PERIOD" and set out to prove it. So please don't come in here with all that "oh well you're just a hater" hot garbage.:rolleyes:

hitmanyr2k
03-01-2012, 06:51 PM

Marion befuddled Lebron with his newfound post game. I don't think Lebron is used to defending guys on the low block. Seriously, how many wing players these days actually have that skill in their games? Marion has suspect handles and isn't the typical slasher so he negated Lebron's lateral quickness and took him down on the low block, gave him a lesson and showed Lebron the kind of skill he should have had years ago. I think Marion woke Lebron up in that regard. When your jumpshot is off and you can't slash because the lane is clogged a good post game is your best friend for high percentage shots.

SwooshReturns
03-01-2012, 06:55 PM
League's best defender is Dwight Howard. He can anchor on his lonesome championship caliber defense. Especially considering the weak ass INDIVIDUAL defenders he plays alongside.

LeBron James is the league's most versatile defender. He can defend (on quick nights) PG - PF, and on occassion against very small centers. He's hardly the best man defender though.

He's not even his team's best man defender at his position. That would be Shane Battier, easily.

arifgokcen
03-01-2012, 07:17 PM
This is getting out of hand.

What i dont understand is general consensus shows that lebron is not even top 5 defender.

He is not even the second best defender on his own team.Wade,battier are better.

So according to ISH,lebron is probably ranks between 6th and 10th spot.

He is still overrated.Man that means he is not even top 10.I have read all the posts

1-Howard
2-Chandler
3-Iggy
4-Deng
5-Marion
6-Allen
7-Wade
8-Lebron

I think lebron ranks #8 at least according to ISH.

Sorry guys but i dont think he is overrated at all.Because i think he at least deserves to be in top 10.

Please am i wrong?

keepinitreal
03-01-2012, 07:24 PM

I saw him lock down Dwight Howard too WOW:eek: :eek:

arifgokcen
03-01-2012, 07:28 PM
This is getting out of hand.

What i dont understand is general consensus shows that lebron is not even top 5 defender.

He is not even the second best defender on his own team.Wade,battier are better.

So according to ISH,lebron is probably ranks between 6th and 10th spot.

He is still overrated.Man that means he is not even top 10.I have read all the posts

1-Howard
2-Chandler
3-Iggy
4-Deng
5-Marion
6-Allen
7-Wade
8-Lebron

I think lebron ranks #8 at least according to ISH.

Sorry guys but i dont think he is overrated at all.Because i think he at least deserves to be in top 10.

Please am i wrong?

kingkong
03-01-2012, 07:32 PM
1. Dwight
2. LeBron

anything else is wrong wrong wrong

shallehalle
03-01-2012, 08:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/MitchMatch/109190631.gif
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

TheBigVeto
03-01-2012, 11:28 PM
His defense is overrated but much better than Kobe's.

Lebron23
03-01-2012, 11:30 PM
His defense is overrated but much better than Kobe's.

Kobe is not a good defender since 2006.

Celtics4ever
03-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Kobe is not a good defender since 2006.

LeBron's defense has been overrated for a very long time. The dude averages as many blocks as some PGs. For his athleticism, he should be a great defender, but he is below average.

Lebron23
03-01-2012, 11:34 PM
LeBron's defense has been overrated for a very long time. The dude averages as many blocks as some PGs. For his athleticism, he should be a great defender, but he is below average.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Watch some games.

Celtics4ever
03-01-2012, 11:38 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Watch some games.

I do. Maybe you should get his nuts out of his mouth so you can see how overrated his defense is. The guy is a below average defender for his athleticism

Lebron23
03-01-2012, 11:40 PM
I do. Maybe you should get his nuts out of his mouth so you can see how overrated his defense is. The guy is a below average defender for his athleticism

Stop hating on a guy who's 1 million times better than you.

Celtics4ever
03-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Stop hating on a guy who's 1 million times better than you.

I'm probably still mentally stronger than him and more mature. :roll:

Lebron23
03-01-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm probably still mentally stronger than him and more mature. :roll:

Ok. Go Make Me a Sandwich!!!

Lebron23
03-01-2012, 11:52 PM

Defensive Win Shares

2006-07 NBA 5.7 (4)
2008-09 NBA 6.5 (2)
2009-10 NBA 5.2 (3)
2010-11 NBA 5.3 (3)
2011-12 NBA 2.2 (7)
Career NBA 40.9 (79)
Career 40.9 (85)

Defensive Rating

2008-09 NBA 99.1 (3)

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

tmacattack33
03-02-2012, 12:17 AM

He's guarded Tyson Chandler in the past for a whole game, and some other center when Illguaskas and Shaq were injured.

He is out there tonight at the 4 spot.

He's a beast and is just too versatile.

And the versatility doesn't just come into play when his PF is injured. It's important at all times during a game, because Lebron can switch off on all picks and on all fast breaks and broken plays and will never be in a mismatch.

Lebron23
03-03-2012, 04:18 AM
Coach Spo needs to put LeBron on Kobe. Kobe might elbow Wade in the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJAx7dCnlnY

305Baller
03-03-2012, 05:46 AM
lets be real here.

That is all.

I think you are blind and insane.
:hammerhead:

bdreason
03-03-2012, 06:01 AM
Both LeBron and Wade are two of the best perimeter defenders in the game. However, they are also relied upon to score A LOT, so obviously they are going to be taking plays off here and there on the defensive side of the ball. That's why I really hate when people try to compare the defense of an elite scorer, to that of a specialist.

PickernRoller
07-31-2012, 03:45 AM
Bump for the lolz...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273001

TheBigVeto
07-31-2012, 04:08 AM
It is but he's still infinitely better than Kobe.

FreezingTsmoove
07-31-2012, 12:01 PM
if he isn't a good defender than who exactly is anchoring their top 5 defense?

Eat Like A Bosh
07-31-2012, 04:07 PM
Definitely not. His sole presence makes them think twice before going for a layup. He doesn't need to foul a lot either, he's really quick for his size, great foot speed, he can easily recover back on his man even after beaten on the initial dribble.

Even though the "LeBron can guard all 5 positions" is simply a hyperbole all these years, He's a fantastic defender. Keep in mind that there is a difference between superstars and defensive specialists.

Askmeificare
02-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Lebron's defense is overrated...
Banned
:lol

Lebron23
02-12-2013, 11:47 PM
Thank God Jeff banned Tenchi Ryu. That clown is a terrible poster.

NumberSix
02-12-2013, 11:49 PM
Thank God Jeff banned Tenchi Ryu. That clown is a terrible poster.
The weird thing is that he used to be a legitimate decent poster. One day the dude just randomly went off the deep end though.

Fudge
02-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Funny how RG made this thread too. Biggest LeBron stan i've ever encountered Dude was straight up bipolar. :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
02-12-2013, 11:54 PM
The weird thing is that he used to be a legitimate decent poster. One day the dude just randomly went off the deep end though.

Dude was a hardcore Rose stan. He never recovered from the 2011 ECF :oldlol:

I.R.Beast
02-13-2013, 12:16 AM
His on ball defense is not great at all...its okay... his help defense is his strong suit... Durant plays better on ball defense than lebron does..

joeysms55
02-13-2013, 12:50 AM
His on ball defense is not great at all...its okay... his help defense is his strong suit... Durant plays better on ball defense than lebron does..

So great that he has to guard Chalmers against the HEAT

plowking
02-13-2013, 12:58 AM
He was having trouble with Wesley Matthews today at the start of the game but really turned it on down the stretch and was great. Hes too strong and plays the angles too well. Best perimeter defender in the league for me.

Even when he was at Cleveland and I couldn't stand him, I always thought he was the best perimeter defender in the league in terms of man to man.

Graviton
02-13-2013, 01:03 AM
He was having trouble with Wesley Matthews today at the start of the game but really turned it on down the stretch and was great. Hes too strong and plays the angles too well. Best perimeter defender in the league for me.

Even when he was at Cleveland and I couldn't stand him, I always thought he was the best perimeter defender in the league in terms of man to man.
His lazy defense in 1st halfs always annoys me, he doesn't contest on time and just lets people blow by him and doesn't attempt blocks. He tries not to pick up any early fouls but ends up playing with no intensity. The reason Blazers got up was due to their lazy team defense. They always turn it on in 2nd halfs, but it still leaves you disappointed for the lack of effort in half the game.

Smoke117
02-13-2013, 01:08 AM
His lazy defense in 1st halfs always annoys me, he doesn't contest on time and just lets people blow by him and doesn't attempt blocks. He tries not to pick up any early fouls but ends up playing with no intensity. The reason Blazers got up was due to their lazy team defense. They always turn it on in 2nd halfs, but it still leaves you disappointed for the lack of effort in half the game.

That's why Lebron can't be a DPOY candidate this year. He's too on and off about his defense. Wade is like that in general the last couple of years. He's a great defensive player when he really puts forth the effort, but he doesn't go all out most of the time. Come playoff time though the Heats team defense with Lebron and Wade both fully engaged will be scary.

Money 23
02-13-2013, 01:33 AM
I was wondering what happened to him. I thought he was great, when did he have this melt down that somehow managed to get him banned from ISH?

Where the behavior is so bad, it's virtually impossible to get perma banned. Did he say or do something crazy?