PDA

View Full Version : who are the best players in Euroleague?

La Frescobaldi
02-13-2012, 03:59 PM
From what we have seen this past few years/decade coming into the NBA - the Gasols, Ginobili, Parker, Pekovic, Rubio, etc......... are these the only guys that are quality enough to make it in the Association?

Do not know how accurate this website is but it seems to indicate that if greed is the primary factor for a basketball player, then the best players would all be in the NBA:

http://www.ehow.com/info_7887558_salary-range-basketball-player.html

"The 10 highest-paid players in the NBA all made more than $17 million in 2010, including Kobe Bryant ($24.8 million), Rashard Lewis ($20.5 million) and Kevin Garnett ($18.8 million). Minimum salary levels are based on years of experience; the minimum salary for a rookie is $490,180 for the 2010-11 season, while a 10-year veteran makes at least $1.4 million..............

Salaries among Euroleague players top out at about $3.5 million; the top 10 players make at least $1.6 million"

From what I have seen posted on ish & around the net, many of these guys are not the best players in Europe but yet they are crashing into the NBA like an old-fashioned steam roller.

Is that true? Who are the best guys playing in Europe that are not in the league, or coming to the NBA?

alenleomessi
02-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Mccalebb, Navarro and Kirilenko

v1ncelis
02-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Sonny Weems

mattvNJ
02-13-2012, 04:23 PM
who gives a ****, NBA forum:confusedshrug:

La Frescobaldi
02-13-2012, 04:57 PM

The point is, are they fighting to come to the NBA, or stay home?

If the guys that went to the NBA are the best of Europe, that's one thing...... but if they are not, as I have seen in a few places, then what does that say about the NBA?

Eric Cartman
02-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Move this thread to it's correct section in the boards.

Borat_Sagdyev
02-13-2012, 06:12 PM
From young guys very interesting:

Emir Preldzic: 57th pick of the 2009 draft, NBA rights belong to the Wizards, true Point Forward, my comp - Hedo Turkoglu.

Victor Claver: 22nd pick of the 2009 draft, NBA rights belong to PTB.

Nikola Mirotic: 23rd pick of the 2011 draft, rights belong to the Bulls, my comp - mix between Nowitzki and Stojakovic.

Ante Tomic: 44th pick of the 2008 draft, rights belong to the Jazz, comp - Pau Gasol.

Jonas Valanciunas: 5th pick of the 2011 draft, rights belong to Toronto, comp - Rich man's Noah.

Donatas Motiejunas: 20th pick of the 2011 draft, rights belong to Rockets, comp - mix between Pau Gasol and Bargnani.

Aleksey Shved: undrafted, amazing guard, athletic, smart, creative, extremely self-confident, comp – perhaps Nicky Young?

NortonMang
02-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Were the white guys of yesterday as good as the best from the Euro League today? Guys like Cousy, Sharman, West, Bird, Chambers, Barry, and any others I haven't mentioned?

Rnbizzle
02-13-2012, 06:28 PM
Repped. :applause:

Maga_1
02-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Shved is currently my undrafted player not in NBA.

Jon_Koncak
02-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Andrei Kirilenko,Viktro Khryapa,Nenad Krstic,Bo Macaleb...those are the best players in euroleague.

Fiba basketball
02-13-2012, 08:51 PM
There are a lot of great players in Euroleague : Navarro , Kirilenko , Krstic , McCalleb , Teletovic , Teodosic , Spanoulis , Diamantidis . Maybe they think that Euroleague is better or they dont want to go to USA , who knows why thats their stuff .

Xiao Yao You
02-14-2012, 04:59 AM
Ante Tomic: 44th pick of the 2008 draft, rights belong to the Jazz, comp - Pau Gasol.

Wasn't too impressed by him in the World Championship's. He's no Pau that's for sure.

InspiredLebowski
02-14-2012, 05:21 AM
Shved is currently my undrafted player not in NBA.I'm pretty surprised no one's just burned some late round 2nd on Shved yet, he's what, like 23? Does he have some ironclad contract that'd keep him from coming over or something?

Rooster
02-14-2012, 05:32 AM
There are a lot of great players in Euroleague : Navarro , Kirilenko , Krstic , McCalleb , Teletovic , Teodosic , Spanoulis , Diamantidis . Maybe they think that Euroleague is better or they dont want to go to USA , who knows why thats their stuff .

None of these players are great:facepalm . They want to stay in Euroleague because that is the level that they can be great. Krstic, Kirilenko, Navarro were good players. VSpan was a scrub, Diamantidis and Teodisic are strictly Europe and McCalleb is just another quick guard in the NBA level. Case in point, Anthony Parker. Great player = Dirk Nowitzki.:rockon:

Grinder
02-14-2012, 05:36 AM
I'm pretty surprised no one's just burned some late round 2nd on Shved yet, he's what, like 23? Does he have some ironclad contract that'd keep him from coming over or something?

I just wrote an article yesterday on the top 5 (undrafted, with no real NBA experience) overseas free agents and had Shved listed at number 2.

He's a really good player and his style of play should translate well to the NBA. The Russian league puts a premium on keeping good Russian players in Russia and he plays for probably the best team in Europe right now so it might not be while, if ever, that he comes over.

skan72
02-14-2012, 05:44 AM
From young guys very interesting:

Emir Preldzic: 57th pick of the 2009 draft, NBA rights belong to the Wizards, true Point Forward, my comp - Hedo Turkoglu.

Nikola Mirotic: 23rd pick of the 2011 draft, rights belong to the Bulls, my comp - mix between Nowitzki and Stojakovic.

Jonas Valanciunas: 5th pick of the 2011 draft, rights belong to Toronto, comp - Rich man's Noah.

Donatas Motiejunas: 20th pick of the 2011 draft, rights belong to Rockets, comp - mix between Pau Gasol and Bargnani.

Aleksey Shved: undrafted, amazing guard, athletic, smart, creative, extremely self-confident, comp – perhaps Nicky Young?

I don't think "smart" and "Nick Young" should ever be part of the same thought process. I also don't think we can count the 2011 guys as guys who are great in Europe, but not playing in the NBA. Yes, they fit the definition, but they were just drafted this past summer and I know Val at least will be joining the Raps this winter. EDIT: having said that, Mirotic and Motiejunas both seem like they'll be in Europe for awhile.

However, if these guys are so good, how come they don't consistently dominate the NBA talent whenever they play in the World Championships?

chains5000
02-14-2012, 05:54 AM
Overrated

Soft, still young though, gonna be a great player.

Super soft.

InspiredLebowski
02-14-2012, 06:03 AM
I just wrote an article yesterday on the top 5 (undrafted, with no real NBA experience) overseas free agents and had Shved listed at number 2.

He's a really good player and his style of play should translate well to the NBA. The Russian league puts a premium on keeping good Russian players in Russia and he plays for probably the best team in Europe right now so it might not be while, if ever, that he comes over.Right, but he's still plenty young, I don't get why someone doesn't take his rights at pick 53 or something, even if it looks like a long shot he'll be here anytime soon. Euro bigs are drafted all the time with the same sort of "desire to play in the NBA" type issues, but with like a quarter of the talent.

I'm not saying he'll ever come stateside or anything, I honestly have no clue, but he's an NBA player and he's roughly college senior age, just surprises me no one's drafted his rights yet.

JtotheIzzo
02-14-2012, 06:13 AM
Thus far, it has been this:

Week 1 MVP - Vladimir Veremeenko (Belarus)
Week 2 MVP - Bo MacCaleeb (USA)
Week 3 MVP - Nenad Kristic (Serbia)
Week 4 MVP - Aaron Jackson (USA)
January MVP - Henry Domercant (USA)

chains5000
02-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Thus far, it has been this:

Week 1 MVP - Vladimir Veremeenko (Belarus)
Week 2 MVP - Bo MacCaleeb (USA)
Week 3 MVP - Nenad Kristic (Serbia)
Week 4 MVP - Aaron Jackson (USA)
January MVP - Henry Domercant (USA)
(That's only the Top 16 phase)

La Frescobaldi
02-14-2012, 09:46 AM

He's a really good player and his style of play should translate well to the NBA. The Russian league puts a premium on keeping good Russian players in Russia and he plays for probably the best team in Europe right now so it might not be while, if ever, that he comes over.

What article is that? Can we take a look?

CeltsGarlic
02-14-2012, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE=Borat_Sagdyev]From young guys very interesting:

Aleksey Shved: undrafted, amazing guard, athletic, smart, creative, extremely self-confident, comp

jamal99
02-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Right, but he's still plenty young, I don't get why someone doesn't take his rights at pick 53 or something, even if it looks like a long shot he'll be here anytime soon. Euro bigs are drafted all the time with the same sort of "desire to play in the NBA" type issues, but with like a quarter of the talent.

I'm not saying he'll ever come stateside or anything, I honestly have no clue, but he's an NBA player and he's roughly college senior age, just surprises me no one's drafted his rights yet.
He can't be drafted now. He's 24 years old, international players can only be drafted until they're 22.
Example: As Shved is born in 1988, last year he could be drafted was 2010.

International players are auto eligible for draft when they are 22.

Jan95
02-14-2012, 10:37 AM
And nobody mentioned Lorbek? The best PF in Euroleague?

madmax
02-14-2012, 10:41 AM

that surprises me too....dude is mad skilled and the best shooting euro big as well

Fiba basketball
02-14-2012, 01:21 PM
None of these players are great:facepalm . They want to stay in Euroleague because that is the level that they can be great. Krstic, Kirilenko, Navarro were good players. VSpan was a scrub, Diamantidis and Teodisic are strictly Europe and McCalleb is just another quick guard in the NBA level. Case in point, Anthony Parker. Great player = Dirk Nowitzki.:rockon:
Dirk is the best European player ( I think he is the best player on the world ) but players I named are great too . Krstic just needs a good pg , when he played with Kidd he had 18 or 19 ppg in playoffs and I think thats great . Kirilenko and Navarro are older now but they are still very good . I dont get what you think when you say strictly Europe . McCalleb is great player , you need to get that players improve . He said that he learned to play like this in Partizan and that he wasnt that good before . You just think that if he wasnt drafted he isnt good but you forget that players can improve .

Euroleague
02-14-2012, 03:30 PM

Right, they are afraid to go the NBA, where they will suddenly have much better stats and play way better, just like Lawson, Rubio, Jennings, Pekovic, Splitter, etc.

They are so afraid of playing in the NBA, where they would have much better stats.

Euroleague
02-14-2012, 03:32 PM
I don't think "smart" and "Nick Young" should ever be part of the same thought process. I also don't think we can count the 2011 guys as guys who are great in Europe, but not playing in the NBA. Yes, they fit the definition, but they were just drafted this past summer and I know Val at least will be joining the Raps this winter. EDIT: having said that, Mirotic and Motiejunas both seem like they'll be in Europe for awhile.

However, if these guys are so good, how come they don't consistently dominate the NBA talent whenever they play in the World Championships?

He listed players that might be considered good, that were drafted by the NBA. He didn't list anyone that is considered one of the better players in the Euroleague.

Euroleague
02-14-2012, 03:33 PM

Teletovic is the best PF in Euroleague. I do really like Lorbek though.

Rooster
02-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Right, they are afraid to go the NBA, where they will suddenly have much better stats and play way better, just like Lawson, Rubio, Jennings, Pekovic, Splitter, etc.

They are so afraid of playing in the NBA, where they would have much better stats.

Give me a break, Pekovic was tearing up the Euroleague on NBA lockout. So did Farmar, Batum, Weems, Krstic, Kirilenko. Bunch of murderers row out there.

So what if Lawson, Jennings , Rubio can't play their game with freedom because their coaches wants to set 6 screens to make a play. They have something we called untapped potential.

There are talents around Euroleague but this is a minor league scene. NBA is the next level. VSpan knew better.

Rooster
02-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Dirk is the best European player ( I think he is the best player on the world ) but players I named are great too . Krstic just needs a good pg , when he played with Kidd he had 18 or 19 ppg in playoffs and I think thats great . Kirilenko and Navarro are older now but they are still very good . I dont get what you think when you say strictly Europe . McCalleb is great player , you need to get that players improve . He said that he learned to play like this in Partizan and that he wasnt that good before . You just think that if he wasnt drafted he isnt good but you forget that players can improve .

The only great player in your list was Dirk. Krstic and Kirilenko were solid and Navarro was decent. But great player meant a HOF career. Only Dirk is a HOF bound. Even Pau Gasol and Tony Parker are questionable.

I do understand that players improve but skills and game and measured against the best. NBA is the best league with the best players.

Fiba basketball
02-14-2012, 05:37 PM
I think there is no best PF in Euroleague . Teletovic , Savanovic , Lorbek and I think I m forgeting someone but you can only argue who is better and cant say that someone is clearly the best .

Fiba basketball
02-14-2012, 06:03 PM
The only great player in your list was Dirk. Krstic and Kirilenko were solid and Navarro was decent. But great player meant a HOF career. Only Dirk is a HOF bound. Even Pau Gasol and Tony Parker are questionable.

I do understand that players improve but skills and game and measured against the best. NBA is the best league with the best players.
I dont think that great player means HOF player . But if you look it that way than only Navarro and Diamantidis are going to be HOF players ( if you talk about players that are still playing great ) but there are players like Teodosic ( a lot of awards and medals ) that have a chance of becomeing Hof players because they are still young . And you still didnt awnser what do you think when you say strictly Europe players because you dont know how would they play in Nba .

Rooster
02-14-2012, 06:14 PM
I dont think that great player means HOF player . But if you look it that way than only Navarro and Diamantidis are going to be HOF players ( if you talk about players that are still playing great ) but there are players like Teodosic ( a lot of awards and medals ) that have a chance of becomeing Hof players because they are still young . And you still didnt awnser what do you think when you say strictly Europe players because you dont know how would they play in Nba .

Outside of Europe, no one gives a crap Euro HOF or whatever you guys called it. Anthony Parker, corpse of McAdoo, Marcus Brown, Langdon, etc. The best players are in the NBA. Krstic and Kirilenko are beasting in those minor league scene. It's one thing to be great in Europe but its another to be great in the whole wide world. Seriously if Pau Gasol stayed in Europe he will be eating his fellow softies left and right like he always does in Eurobasket. Tony Parker will dust McCalleb taking any shot he wanted.

Euroleague
02-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Give me a break, Pekovic was tearing up the Euroleague on NBA lockout. So did Farmar, Batum, Weems, Krstic, Kirilenko. Bunch of murderers row out there.

So what if Lawson, Jennings , Rubio can't play their game with freedom because their coaches wants to set 6 screens to make a play. They have something we called untapped potential.

There are talents around Euroleague but this is a minor league scene. NBA is the next level. VSpan knew better.

Give me a break. The average numbers are better in the NBA for those players than they were in the Euroleague. They played worse as a whole in the Euroleague.

Euroleague
02-14-2012, 06:53 PM

Wow, you really are trolling now. Pau and Navarro are absolute locks for the HOF.

ZenMaster
02-14-2012, 06:55 PM

Pau Gasol is a lock for HOF.

Euroleague
02-14-2012, 06:56 PM
I think there is no best PF in Euroleague . Teletovic , Savanovic , Lorbek and I think I m forgeting someone but you can only argue who is better and cant say that someone is clearly the best .

Personally, I prefer Fotsis over Savanovic.

Euroleague
02-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Outside of Europe, no one gives a crap Euro HOF or whatever you guys called it.

What the hell are you talking about? You are out of your mind if you think Navarro isn't a HOF player. The one located in the USA.

You have an EXTREME lack of basic basketball knowledge.

Fiba basketball
02-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Outside of Europe, no one gives a crap Euro HOF or whatever you guys called it. Anthony Parker, corpse of McAdoo, Marcus Brown, Langdon, etc. The best players are in the NBA. Krstic and Kirilenko are beasting in those minor league scene. It's one thing to be great in Europe but its another to be great in the whole wide world. Seriously if Pau Gasol stayed in Europe he will be eating his fellow softies left and right like he always does in Eurobasket. Tony Parker will dust McCalleb taking any shot he wanted.
Did you ever watched Euroleague games ? And I m talking aboute top 16 , top 8 and F4 . Krstic and Kirilenko are playing very good but arent beasting .

Fiba basketball
02-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Personally, I prefer Fotsis over Savanovic.
I m not a big fan of Fotsis . Question for you , on what day and in what time do Oly and Pao play against each other in greek cup ?

Euroleague
02-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Did you ever watched Euroleague games ? And I m talking aboute top 16 , top 8 and F4 . Krstic and Kirilenko are playing very good but arent beasting .

Of course he's never seen a Euroleague game in his life. He claimed Batum was "beasting", when he was playing in the first stage of the season, on a bad team, shooting 40% from the field, averaging 5 turnovers per game, and playing absolutely zero defense.........and getting shut down totally by players like Pelekanos and Micov.

This is considered "beasting" to him. Never mind that Batum is playing better in the NBA than he was in the Euroleague. Just ignore comments from people like Rooster. They just troll incessantly whenever the Euroleague comes up.

Euroleague
02-15-2012, 01:59 PM
I m not a big fan of Fotsis . Question for you , on what day and in what time do Oly and Pao play against each other in greek cup ?

They haven't set the date yet. They still have to play the semifinals, which is a 2 game home and home series. The winners of the aggregate score go to the finals.

It's Panathinaikos vs. Kavala in one semifinal series and Olympiacos vs. PAOK in the other semifinal series. The winners of those series then face each other in the single elimination final.

If I remember correctly, last year they did not have the Cup semifinals until some time in March, and I believe that the Cup final was some time in May.

You can watch the Olympiacos - PAO derby from Sunday here if you want:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNOrUi3i9a8

mattvNJ
02-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Of course he's never seen a Euroleague game in his life. He claimed Batum was "beasting", when he was playing in the first stage of the season, on a bad team, shooting 40% from the field, averaging 5 turnovers per game, and playing absolutely zero defense.........and getting shut down totally by players like Pelekanos and Micov.

This is considered "beasting" to him. Never mind that Batum is playing better in the NBA than he was in the Euroleague. Just ignore comments from people like Rooster. They just troll incessantly whenever the Euroleague comes up.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Euroleague
02-15-2012, 02:10 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:confusedshrug:

La Frescobaldi
02-15-2012, 02:14 PM

I will be watching as carefully as I can and I thank you for these names and information.

Rubio has immediately moved into the forefront of the NBA, his only flaw seems to be lack of an outside scoring game. His assist per game I calculate would be 12 + this season, if he only had a player on his team that could shoot jump shots. Kevin Love is forced to play a perimeter game because the Wolves are so wretched at the 2 and 3

But far more interesting to me (I grew up watching Wilt Chamberlain, Nate Thurmond, Willis Reed & Bill Russell): Nikola Pekovic has been on an absolute rampage this past month - when he finally got a starting position this week he instantly celebrated by destroying Dwight Howard.......

These kinds of things are getting my highest interest

Euroleague
02-15-2012, 02:17 PM
I will be watching as carefully as I can and I thank you for these names and information.

Rubio has immediately moved into the forefront of the NBA, his only flaw seems to be lack of an outside scoring game. His assist per game I calculate would be 12 + this season, if he only had a player on his team that could shoot jump shots. Kevin Love is forced to play a perimeter game because the Wolves are so wretched at the 2 and 3

But far more interesting to me (I grew up watching Wilt Chamberlain, Nate Thurmond, Willis Reed & Bill Russell): Nikola Pekovic has been on an absolute rampage this past month - when he finally got a starting position this week he instantly celebrated by destroying Dwight Howard.......

These kinds of things are getting my highest interest

FYI, neither one of them was the best player at their position in Euroleague. Pekovic was at least one of the best centers in Euroleague, but not the best.

Rubio wasn't even close to being the best point guard in Euroleague. The Euroleague is VASTLY better than Americans and NBA fans claim. If you want more info on the Euroleague, or have any questions about it, just ask.

About Teletovic, if you want to see him play you would have to watch ACB games. His team is already out of the Euroleague.

La Frescobaldi
02-15-2012, 03:27 PM
FYI, neither one of them was the best player at their position in Euroleague. Pekovic was at least one of the best centers in Euroleague, but not the best.

Rubio wasn't even close to being the best point guard in Euroleague. The Euroleague is VASTLY better than Americans and NBA fans claim. If you want more info on the Euroleague, or have any questions about it, just ask.

About Teletovic, if you want to see him play you would have to watch ACB games. His team is already out of the Euroleague.

It's been incredible to watch the handsprings of Eastern Europe in the past 15 or 20 years... not only in basketball but the entire culture... flinging up a musical genius like Ana Vidovic, innovative new ideas everywhere....... I'll certainly check out Lorbek & Teletovic

Fiba basketball
02-15-2012, 04:14 PM
They haven't set the date yet. They still have to play the semifinals, which is a 2 game home and home series. The winners of the aggregate score go to the finals.

It's Panathinaikos vs. Kavala in one semifinal series and Olympiacos vs. PAOK in the other semifinal series. The winners of those series then face each other in the single elimination final.

If I remember correctly, last year they did not have the Cup semifinals until some time in March, and I believe that the Cup final was some time in May.

You can watch the Olympiacos - PAO derby from Sunday here if you want:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNOrUi3i9a8
I watched it on Sunday it was great game thats why I want to know when I can watch it again . Pleas tell me when they set the date .

Euroleague
02-15-2012, 04:15 PM
It's been incredible to watch the handsprings of Eastern Europe in the past 15 or 20 years... not only in basketball but the entire culture... flinging up a musical genius like Ana Vidovic, innovative new ideas everywhere....... I'll certainly check out Lorbek & Teletovic

To answer your question, for me the best players in the Euroleague are guys like Juan Carlos Navarro, Vassilis Spanoulis, Bo McCalebb, Mirza Teletovic, Dimitris Diamantidis, Milos Teodosic.

Some guys that are debatable for me in the top list are guys like Fernando San Emeterio, Erazem Lorbek, Ioannis Bourousis, Krstic, Kirilenko, Marcelo Huertas, Mike Batiste.

Euroleague
02-15-2012, 04:16 PM
I watched it on Sunday it was great game thats why I want to know when I can watch it again . Pleas tell me when they set the date .

OK.

hawkfan
02-15-2012, 04:19 PM
AK47.

Please come back to the US and start for the Hawks Andre!

Jon_Koncak
02-15-2012, 04:21 PM

Did you watch ex NBA scrub Joey Dorsey doin his best Ben Wallace impersonation and shutting everything down?

Euroleague
02-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Did you watch ex NBA scrub Joey Dorsey doin his best Ben Wallace impersonation and shutting everything down?

Did you see Euroleague scrubs Rubio, Jennings, and Lawson play well in the NBA all season?

And Dorsey played very well, but he didn't "shut everything down". He was outplayed by Batiste, quite easily.

Jon_Koncak
02-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Did you see Euroleague scrubs Rubio, Jennings, and Lawson tear up the NBA all season?

Did you see euroleague superstar Jeremy Pargo being the 3rd pg of Grizzlies and doin shit whenever he steps on the court?

Euroleague
02-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Did you see euroleague superstar Jeremy Pargo being the 3rd pg of Grizzlies and doin shit whenever he steps on the court?

Did you see Batum, who was actually shut down by Pelekanos and Micov in Euroleague have his way in two 33 point games recently in the NBA? He was held scoreless by Pelekanos and managed two baskets against Micov.........

Pekovic tearing up the NBA, making Dwight Howard his little you know what when he played him? The same Pekovic that was often outplayed by Bourousis in Euroleague?

And Jeremy Pargo was a very good player in Euroleague, but he sure was no superstar in Euroleague. That would be the equivalent of claiming Jennings is a superstar in the NBA. It's total BS.

Besides that, players can't play well if they never get a legit chance. Just ask Spanoulis and Lin.

Rooster
02-15-2012, 04:37 PM
To answer your question, for me the best players in the Euroleague are guys like Juan Carlos Navarro, Vassilis Spanoulis, Bo McCalebb, Mirza Teletovic, Dimitris Diamantidis, Milos Teodosic.

Some guys that are debatable for me in the top list are guys like Fernando San Emeterio, Erazem Lorbek, Ioannis Bourousis, Krstic, Kirilenko, Marcelo Huertas, Mike Batiste.

Great list. Bunch of perennial all stars. Navarro, VSpan, Krstic and Batiste. LMAO

Euroleague
02-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Great list. Bunch of perennial all stars. Navarro, VSpan, Krstic and Batiste. LMAO

Almost as hilarious as the NBA players playing worse in the Euroleague, than in the NBA, basically across the board. How is it that these NBA players play worse in that "scrub league"?

Very strange.

Rooster
02-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Did you see Euroleague scrubs Rubio, Jennings, and Lawson play well in the NBA all season?

And Dorsey played very well, but he didn't "shut everything down". He was outplayed by Batiste, quite easily.

Dorsey still playing? What is this. Garbage getting recycled in Euroleage for useful purposes. :applause:

Rooster
02-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Almost as hilarious as the NBA players playing worse in the Euroleague, than in the NBA, basically across the board. How is that these NBA players play worse in that "scrub league"?

Very strange.

Krstic, Kirilenko.

Better recognize.:bowdown:

Euroleague
02-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Krstic, Kirilenko.

Better recognize.:bowdown:

As was already pointed out to you, they are not "beasting". You are just imagining delusions out of your own mind.

In fact, Kirilenko is playing no better than he did with the Jazz in the NBA. Not better than that at all. If anything, he's not even playing as good as he did in many years with the Jazz. And Krstic is playing no better than he did with the Nets, in fact not even that well.

You clearly have no clue about basketball outside of ESPN Sportscenter highlights.

It's also freaking hilarious how you completely ignore that a total scrub in the Euroleague (Rubio) is being already predicted to be a top 5 GOAT NBA PG by most NBA fans.

Rooster
02-15-2012, 04:45 PM

All Euroleague team and can't even get into rotation.:roll:

Rooster
02-15-2012, 04:46 PM
As was already pointed out to you, they are not "beasting". You are just imagining delusions out of your own mind.

In fact, Kirilenko is playing no better than he did with the Jazz in the NBA. Not better than that at all. And Krstic is playing no better than he did with the Nets, in fact not even that well.

You clearly have no clue about basketball outside of ESPN Sportscenter highlights.

All Euroleague team. :bowdown:

Euroleague
02-15-2012, 04:48 PM
All Euroleague team and can't even get into rotation.:roll:

Kind of like how Jeremy Lin was in the D-League, was cut by two NBA teams, was on the Knicks bench, was one day from being cut by the Knicks, then luckily got in one game, due to INJURIES and now is being praised by idiots like you..........

Yeah, you are a real genius.

Rooster
02-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Kind of like how Jeremy Lin was in the D-League, was cut by two NBA teams, was on the Knicks bench, was one day from being cut by the Knicks, then luckily got in one game, due to INJURIES and now is being praised by idiots like you..........

Wow a DLeague PG better than All Euroleague PG. what else can I say.:applause:

millwad
02-15-2012, 04:51 PM

Jeremy Lin > everyone in Europe

Euroleague
02-15-2012, 04:52 PM
All Euroleague team. :bowdown:

You are such a troll. Earlier this year you went on and on and on making fun of Pekovic and the Euroleague because "he was in the all Euroleague team and can't even get off the bench in the NBA".

You went on and on and on with that same post time and time again.

How funny that you don't mention Pekovic at all after he completely owned Dwight Howard when he played him.

Instead, you cherry pick another player that is not getting any chance to play and use the same retarded argument. All while pretending that SCRUBS in Euroleague (Rubio, Jennings, Lawson) never even played there.

You are the very definition of NBA only fan.

Euroleague
02-15-2012, 04:53 PM
Wow a DLeague PG better than All Euroleague PG. what else can I say.:applause:

A point guard that got cut by 2 NBA teams, and was one day from being cut by a 3rd NBA team within a year.....................

Yep, he MIGHT be a top 25 point guard in the Euroleague.

Euroleague
02-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Jeremy Lin > everyone in Europe

:lol :lol :oldlol: :oldlol: :roll: :roll: :lol :oldlol: :rolleyes: :facepalm

Rooster
02-15-2012, 04:55 PM
You are such a troll. Earlier this year you went on and on and on making fun of Pekovic and the Euroleague because "he was in the all Euroleague team and can't even get off the bench in the NBA".

You went on and on and on with that same post time and time again.

How funny that you don't mention Pekovic at all after he completed owned Dwight Howard when he played him.

Instead, you cherry pick another player that is not getting any chance to play and use the same retarded argument. All while pretending that SCRUBS in Euroleague (Rubio, Jennings, Lawson) never even played there.

You are the very definition of NBA only fan.

I love VSpan. My favorite scrub ever. Him and Sofo can be the Kobe and Shaq in the NBA winning rings and destroying everyone.:eek:

Euroleague
02-15-2012, 04:56 PM
I love VSpan. My favorite scrub ever. Him and Sofo can be the Kobe and Shaq in the NBA winning rings and destroying everyone.:eek:

The OP of this thread didn't ask for you to troll the hell out of it like a total jerk. Grow up.

Rooster
02-15-2012, 04:58 PM
A point guard that got cut by 2 NBA teams, and was one day from being cut by a 3rd NBA team within a year.....................

Yep, he MIGHT be a top 25 point guard in the Euroleague.

Linsanity over VSpan any day. Linsanity earned his minutes. VSpan mother has to call Rockets begging minutes for her son.

Euroleague
02-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Please report Rooster and his posts. His trolling is out of line.

Rooster
02-15-2012, 05:00 PM
The OP of this thread didn't ask for you to troll the hell out of it like a total jerk. Grow up.

Yes I get it.

Euroleague is better than NBA

VSpan and Sofo > Kobe and Shaq

Word.

madmax
02-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Dorsey still playing? What is this. Garbage getting recycled in Euroleage for useful purposes. :applause:

almost the same as Euroleague garbage like Jennings and Lawson tearing it up in NBA I guess...:confusedshrug: Oh well, apparently both leagues are garbage then

Fiba basketball
02-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Did you see Batum, who was actually shut down by Pelekanos and Micov in Euroleague have his way in two 33 point games recently in the NBA? He was held scoreless by Pelekanos and managed two baskets against Micov.........

Pekovic tearing up the NBA, making Dwight Howard his little you know what when he played him? The same Pekovic that was often outplayed by Bourousis in Euroleague?

And Jeremy Pargo was a very good player in Euroleague, but he sure was no superstar in Euroleague. That would be the equivalent of claiming Jennings is a superstar in the NBA. It's total BS.

Besides that, players can't play well if they never get a legit chance. Just ask Spanoulis and Lin.
Did you watch Pekovic this season in Partizan . He is playing like he played this season in Euroleague ( litlle better but Rubio is better pg that Law ) . He was sharing place for best C in Europe this season .

Eric Cartman
02-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Imagine if Pekovic played with Rubio in the Euroleague. He would be putting Wilt numbers. :dancin

Euroleague
02-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Did you watch Pekovic this season in Partizan . He is playing like he played this season in Euroleague ( litlle better but Rubio is better pg that Law ) . He was sharing place for best C in Europe this season .

He didn't play any better than he did years ago when he was in Partizan. The point is that when he was playing in Euroleague this season, this same troll Rooster, was making fun of him and the Euroleague.

Making posts like, "this scrub that can't get off the bench in the NBA is dominating in Euroleague". Which first of all, NO ONE "dominates in Euroleague".

The point is this same troll Rooster, now all of a sudden keeps his mouth shut about Pekovic, since he just owned Dwight Howard head to head. And now he starts the same TROLLING by claiming that Pargo can't play in the NBA and how this proves the Euroleague sucks.

This guy Rooster is such a huge troll that words can't even describe it.

And truth be told, Pekovic NEVER played as well in the Euroleague as he is playing in the NBA. And Rubio is not doing a thing to help Pekovic's rebounding and defense, which were below average at the Euroleague level, but look close to elite in the NBA.

And since you mention Law.............this same troll Rooster was making dozens of posts here this season about how Law was "dominating the Euroleague" and this proved the NBA was better.

This is the same Acie Law that is 3rd on the Olympiacos point guard depth chart behind two college age Greek players. Yes, according to Rooster, Law "dominated the Euroleague". The same guy that Partizan could not wait to get rid of. According to Rooster, he "dominated Euroleague".

Euroleague
02-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Imagine if Pekovic played with Rubio in the Euroleague. He would be putting Wilt numbers. :dancin

Yeah, because the 4-5 assists Rubio could average per game would sure make him "Wilt".....................wait a minute, that's less assists than Panathinaikos' point guard averaged.

Oh yeah, and playing with Rubio would automatically fix the fact that Pekovic was a foul machine. Yep, sure would.

Rubio and his 4-5 assists per game..........................:lol :roll: :roll: :oldlol:

Fiba basketball
02-15-2012, 05:32 PM
He didn't play any better than he did years ago when he was in Partizan. The point is that when he was playing in Euroleague this season, this same troll Rooster, was making fun of him and the Euroleague.

Making posts like, "this scrub that can't get off the bench in the NBA is dominating in Euroleague". Which first of all, NO ONE "dominates in Euroleague".

The point is this same troll Rooster, now all of a sudden keeps his mouth shut about Pekovic, since he just owned Dwight Howard head to head. And now he starts the same TROLLING by claiming that Pargo can't play in the NBA and how this proves the Euroleague sucks.

This guy Rooster is such a huge troll that words can't even describe it.

And truth be told, Pekovic NEVER played as well in the Euroleague as he is playing in the NBA. And Rubio is not doing a thing to help Pekovic's rebounding and defense, which were below average at the Euroleague level, but look close to elite in the NBA.

And since you mention Law.............this same troll Rooster was making dozens of posts here this season about how Law was "dominating the Euroleague" and this proved the NBA was better.

This is the same Acie Law that is 3rd on the Olympiacos point guard depth chart behind two college age Greek players. Yes, according to Rooster, Law "dominated the Euroleague". The same guy that Partizan could not wait to get did of. According to Rooster, he "dominated Euroleague".
He improved his offensive rebounding and he isnt fauling like before . When I said that he is playing better becouse of Rubio I was talking about scoring . I agree with you for othere things you said in your post .

Fiba basketball
02-15-2012, 05:35 PM
He would have 2 or 3 points more if Rubio or any other Euroleague pg not named Acie Law played with him this season.

Euroleague
02-15-2012, 05:55 PM
He would have 2 or 3 points more if Rubio or any other Euroleague pg not named Acie Law played with him this season.

"Wilt".

Jon_Koncak
02-15-2012, 06:23 PM

Please,Jeenings hasnt' got past the first round of play offs in shitty eastern conference.Pargo in his rookie euroleague year was a starter of the runner up.

Fiba basketball
02-15-2012, 06:44 PM
If you want to see the best 3 point shooter in Europe ( in my opinion ) you should watch Caroll he plays in Real Madrid .

Euroleague
02-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Please,Jeenings hasnt' got past the first round of play offs in shitty eastern conference.Pargo in his rookie euroleague year was a starter of the runner up.

Jennings was a scrub in Euroleague, having always been in his team's rotation. Pargo never got a fair chance to play in the NBA so far.

Using your logic, Jeremy Lin was one of the worst players in the NBA, about 24 hours prior to the Knicks not cutting him, due to several injuries on the team (by their own admission)...........

I bet you actually think that Spanoulis "can't play in the NBA" also. You seem to be just that kind of smart guy.

News flash, some NBA coaches tend to not give certain players a fair chance to play.

You were also one of the guys claiming that Splitter and Pekovic "could not get off an NBA bench" and this "proves the NBA is better than the Euroleague".

You are now getting desperate.

swi7ch
02-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Why is Euroleague trashing Rubio I don't get it? He always supports international players so why the hate? :confusedshrug:

Grinder
02-15-2012, 09:06 PM
What article is that? Can we take a look?

http://nba247365.com/?p=5002

Euroleague
02-16-2012, 01:32 PM
http://nba247365.com/?p=5002

Those players are not free agents.

Euroleague
02-16-2012, 08:25 PM

Greek Cup semifinals will be on February 18. So maybe the final will come earlier this year.

Droid101
02-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Using your logic, Jeremy Lin was one of the worst players in the NBA, about 24 hours prior to the Knicks not cutting him, due to several injuries on the team (by their own admission)...........

Not true. Jeremy Lin, in limited minutes, sported a 30+ PER before he got all the starts.

So, once again, you are proven the fool.

Euroleague
02-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Not true. Jeremy Lin, in limited minutes, sported a 30+ PER before he got all the starts.

So, once again, you are proven the fool.

You have never in your entire life seen a single Euroleague game.

Shut up.

Euroleague
02-18-2012, 03:33 PM

Panathinaikos beat Kavala 90-51 and Olympiacos beat PAOK 87-52 in the semifinals.

The Cup final has been announced for March 10th:

http://www.redplanet.gr/basket/kypello_elladas_basket/stis-10-martioy-o-telikos-toy-kypelloy.1655331.html

Fiba basketball
02-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Panathinaikos beat Kavala 90-51 and Olympiacos beat PAOK 87-52 in the semifinals.

The Cup final has been announced for March 10th:

http://www.redplanet.gr/basket/kypello_elladas_basket/stis-10-martioy-o-telikos-toy-kypelloy.1655331.html
Thanks , why dont they play this week like others ?

Euroleague
02-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Thanks , why dont they play this week like others ?

They like to do it on a time when they are the only ones having their cup final. That way they get more TV viewers.