PDA

View Full Version : Rubio: NBA Is "Easy" And Getting To Rim In NBA Is "Easier" Than In Euroleague (VIDEO)

Euroleague
01-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Ricky Rubio VIDEO Interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_-MI6Z1cV4

NBA TV:

"Ricky, what's the biggest adjustment you have had to make from playing in Barcelona, to now playing here in the states?"

Ricky Rubio:

"It's basketball, so in the end of the day, it's the same thing. But, over here, maybe, you can run more. There are more spaces because there is a defensive 3 second zone.

And it's easy to play here, because of all the spaces you have, and they can't be more than 3 seconds in the zone. So that it looks easier going to the rim.

PrimeJohnnyDepp
01-04-2012, 10:08 PM
It's all about bone structure and marketing power, while Euroleague is more of a Missing Link league. So now what?

kennethgriffin
01-04-2012, 10:21 PM
lol i love the ending
reminds me of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbHkjfIhUS8#t=1m36s

Sakkreth
01-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Yes in NBA it's easier to get to the rim, there is more space and defense is different, you get a lot less help defense in NBA that's why guys like Ty Lawson plays better in the NBA, if he beats his first man there is often no real help. But guys like LeBron (who are big and quick at the same time) would still dominate because he wouldn't really care as long as he gets inside anyways, not even talking bout mid range game which wouldn't be a lot different, problem would be with travelling as for a lot of NBA players though, and that's another reason why some players get easier to the rim in the NBA.

RazorBaLade
01-05-2012, 07:32 AM
If its so easy can he average more than like 6 points? goddamn. your team is 2-4.

hes obviously referring to just spacing and stuff being different tho..

kidachi
01-05-2012, 07:34 AM
OP *********ed into this.

anyway.. he should score more then.. and average a triple double

OmniStrife
01-05-2012, 07:34 AM
Ricky Rubio VIDEO Interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_-MI6Z1cV4

NBA TV:

"Ricky, what's the biggest adjustment you have had to make from playing in Barcelona, to now playing here in the states?"

Ricky Rubio:

"It's basketball, so in the end of the day, it's the same thing. But, over here, maybe, you can run more. There are more spaces because there is a defensive 3 second zone.

And it's easy to play here, because of all the spaces you have, and they can't be more than 3 seconds in the zone. So that it looks easier going to the rim.

And here we go... long pages of balant trolling ahead...

just perma-ban this shit stain from the NBA forum already!

shootingcomets
01-05-2012, 07:37 AM
they should get rid of defence 3 sec... the rule is dumb

Sakkreth
01-05-2012, 07:42 AM

You would see lot less dunks and inside scoring, are you sure about that ?

Force
01-05-2012, 07:47 AM

Do you really want Westbrook to go to the D league? Take the 3 sec away and throw the handcheck back into the league and that's where Russell ends up. Also there aren't that many skilled big men these days. The rules today favor the perimeter guys and take shots away from the big men.

Shepseskaf
01-05-2012, 08:00 AM
And here we go... long pages of balant trolling ahead...

just perma-ban this shit stain from the NBA forum already!
I think that the reasons for Rubio's solid play, so far, when compared to his miserable performances in the Euroleage just prior to joining the Wolves need to be examined.

Its a legitimate question that I've wondered about. If the OP can shed some light on the issue, I see no problem with it.

sosolid4u09
01-05-2012, 08:19 AM
lol some of you asses getting offended.

hes just telling it how it is in his opinion.

hes had a very promising start to his nba career. and once he settles in and starts getting more time and starts coming out of his shell, this dude is a special special prospect

kNIOKAS
01-05-2012, 08:24 AM
If its so easy can he average more than like 6 points? goddamn. your team is 2-4.

wolves are playing beyond expectations. rubio also, for that matter. what's wrong with you?

OmniStrife
01-05-2012, 09:13 AM

hes had a very promising start to his nba career. and once he settles in and starts getting more time and starts coming out of his shell, this dude is a special special prospect

It's not his opinion that bothers me.
It's his agenda to smear shit all over the front page.

shootingcomets
01-05-2012, 09:20 AM

Yes

bout time big men make some hook shots and actual post moves

As for dunks, if they actually play good defence they can still easily dunk in transition

All Net
01-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Are we getting these threads all season long then?

shootingcomets
01-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Do you really want Westbrook to go to the D league? Take the 3 sec away and throw the handcheck back into the league and that's where Russell ends up. Also there aren't that many skilled big men these days. The rules today favor the perimeter guys and take shots away from the big men.

westbook could do with a reliable mid range game

niko
01-05-2012, 09:47 AM
It probably is for him. He's thin and small and his outside shot is not good enough so he needs to drive. Euroleague allows more grabbing and such. So for him, the fact the NBA is hands off on guards is a god send.

As opposed to someone like Deron, who's strong as hell who went to Europe and shit on people because not only did absorb the contact, he was bigger, stronger and faster than everyone there.

BTW, nice to see our favorite hater acknowledging how great Rubio is. Good job Euroleague. :cheers:

rodman91
01-05-2012, 10:00 AM
lol i love the ending
reminds me of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbHkjfIhUS8#t=1m36s

He really sounds like Andy Kaufman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALZz3vlIZiU

Funnyfuka
01-05-2012, 10:08 AM
the nba is physical, european basketball is technical, period.

Nba players are -black- physical phenomenons on low doses of PED. When you stack them all in an olympic team, their sheer youth and explosivness destroys the technicality of olders, slower, european players who might be more skilled, but less energetic.

As simple as that.

niko
01-05-2012, 10:50 AM
the nba is physical, european basketball is technical, period.

Nba players are -black- physical phenomenons on low doses of PED. When you stack them all in an olympic team, their sheer youth and explosivity destroys the technicality of olders, slower, european players who might be more skilled, but less energetic.

As simple as that.
why the need for the word "black"? Some of you grab at race so quickly. Are you secretly these 50 year old guys from down south?

Funnyfuka
01-05-2012, 10:53 AM
why the need for the word "black"? Some of you grab at race so quickly. Are you secretly these 50 year old guys from down south?
Because afro american have been bred by white people so they develop more physical habilities to pick up cotton and modern afro americans playing in the nba are their descendants. They are genetically engeenered to perform physical activities well and do poorly at more intellectual tasks. It can be reversed by education and faith over several generations tho.

It's called artificial selection inside the human specie, genius.

niko
01-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Because afro american have been bred by white people so they develop more physical habilities to pick up cotton and modern afro americans are their descendants. It's called artificial selection inside the human specie, genius.
yes, that made your comment make more sense. Thanks for that. i see. :rolleyes:

sodap
01-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Because afro american have been bred by white people so they develop more physical habilities to pick up cotton and modern afro americans are their descendants. It's called artificial selection inside the human specie, genius.

you saying black people are like the german shepherds of mankind?

Funnyfuka
01-05-2012, 10:57 AM
some of you clowns should educate yourself a bit reading psychology, psychanalysis, ethology, anthropology and history books it seems.

niko
01-05-2012, 10:59 AM
some of you clowns should educate yourself a bit reading psychology, psychanalysis, ethology, anthropology and history books it seems.
yes, because reaching for the race card anytime one can because it somehow makes a point that makes you feel better about yourself is deep and meaningfull, and a result of decades of higher learning.

Dude, please....:lol

Funnyfuka
01-05-2012, 11:01 AM
yes, because reaching for the race card anytime one can because it somehow makes a point that makes you feel better about yourself is deep and meaningfull, and a result of decades of higher learning.

Dude, please....:lol

Reality, you need a good dose of it.

Shepseskaf
01-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Because afro american .....
Sometimes a comment is so stupid, so insulting, so out-of-bounds that all you can do is stare at it.

Whoever you are, you're a bottom feeder -- the lowest rung of humanity. Feel free never to post on any social issue again.

swi7ch
01-05-2012, 11:34 AM
told you all euroleague won't get banned for long! jeff loves him! :oldlol:

Fiba basketball
01-05-2012, 11:35 AM
I dont get people that think that dunks are that important part of basketball . And if last season in Euroleague Partizan had 10 dunks per game with only Gist and Vesely dunking than an Nba team with more athletic players could have a lot of dunks . Players dunked before 3 defensive seconds and they will still be able to dunk after 3 defensive seconds .

OhNoTimNoSho
01-05-2012, 12:12 PM
I thought this was obvious and common knowledge.. even in comparison to college, the lanes are bigger for a variety of reasons. Going by the initial defender is not easier because he is a better defender, but there is more opportunity for someone to be out of position and for a guy like Ricky who has great vision recognizing such opportunities which are more plentiful is indeed easier.

100grandman
01-05-2012, 12:38 PM

And why wouldn't some people get offended. He''s saying that the friggin Euro League is tougher than the NBA. We're Americans dammit.

IGOTGAME
01-05-2012, 12:41 PM
It probably is for him. He's thin and small and his outside shot is not good enough so he needs to drive. Euroleague allows more grabbing and such. So for him, the fact the NBA is hands off on guards is a god send.

As opposed to someone like Deron, who's strong as hell who went to Europe and shit on people because not only did absorb the contact, he was bigger, stronger and faster than everyone there.

BTW, nice to see our favorite hater acknowledging how great Rubio is. Good job Euroleague. :cheers:

Deron played in a 3rd rate league. Don't compare that to Euroleague or a good domestic league.

IGOTGAME
01-05-2012, 12:44 PM
I think that the reasons for Rubio's solid play, so far, when compared to his miserable performances in the Euroleage just prior to joining the Wolves need to be examined.

Its a legitimate question that I've wondered about. If the OP can shed some light on the issue, I see no problem with it.

I wouldn't if a bunch of NBA starters looked bad in the Euroleague. It is a different style of ball that not everyone can adjust to easily. Ask Ty Lawson.

tobethdope
01-05-2012, 12:44 PM
funny that op is using a rubio example for sh*ting on the nba when he is sh+ting on rubio all over this forum

of course nba bball is not easier for basically anybody, but even the biggest nba supporter wud admit(i guess) that due to different rules there might be players who do better in the nba than in their original leauge

rubio seems to be such a player

he obviously said it is easier for HIM, any interpretation beyond this is plain stupid

Rake2204
01-05-2012, 01:16 PM
I thought this was obvious and common knowledge.. even in comparison to college, the lanes are bigger for a variety of reasons. Going by the initial defender is not easier because he is a better defender, but there is more opportunity for someone to be out of position and for a guy like Ricky who has great vision recognizing such opportunities which are more plentiful is indeed easier.
I am not clear on what sort of defense is allowed in Euroleague. Are all types of zones allowed? Similar to college and high school? If so, I have no doubt believing it may be easier to penetrate in the NBA than it would be in Euroleague.

For the high school teams I've assisted for in the past, I'll often scrimmage against the first unit to simulate their next opponent. And I have to say, I realized very quickly that I don't miss running up against zone schemes everywhere I go. It definitely seems to bridge a gap between skill levels. Zone defenses promote more ball movement, but it's also a less enjoyable form of basketball for me to play.

The NBA's defensive guidelines definitely favor slashers and creators and I'm alright with that. I don't think that necessarily speaks toward the level of skill though. Zones are always going to be harder to get to the paint against than man-to-man. Essentially, a player stating it's easier to get to the rim in a league featuring different defensive rules than another does not necessarily correlate to level of individual player skill.

fatboy11
01-05-2012, 01:17 PM
This whole thing is ridiculous.

We see players from overseas come over here and struggle but thrive in Europe, and we also see some that thrive over here when they didn't do as well in Europe. We see players from America struggle here but go over to Europe and thrive. It just depends on the player and the circumstance.

But I think we all can agree that the NBA champion would beat the Euroleague champion in a series.....even under FIBA rules. The NBA has the superior talent and players.

Fiba basketball
01-05-2012, 03:52 PM

We see players from overseas come over here and struggle but thrive in Europe, and we also see some that thrive over here when they didn't do as well in Europe. We see players from America struggle here but go over to Europe and thrive. It just depends on the player and the circumstance.

But I think we all can agree that the NBA champion would beat the Euroleague champion in a series.....even under FIBA rules. The NBA has the superior talent and players.
Last years Bulls would lose to couple of Euroleague teams because there best player couldnt play so good in fiba rules ( now it looks like he improved his shooting so they could win ) . If defensive 3 sec or other only nba rules are important to team play than that team would have a less chance to win against Euroleague then some other teams like Dalas ( they would be great shooting team in both leagues ) . So its just guestion what team is going to adapt to fiba rules .

vinsanity2756
01-05-2012, 04:51 PM
And why wouldn't some people get offended. He''s saying that the friggin Euro League is tougher than the NBA. We're Americans dammit.
playing with better players helps too, I think.

Sarcastic
01-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Why did Euroleague get banned again? There are worse trolls than him.

tobethdope
01-05-2012, 05:39 PM

he seems to be nothing but humble in his interviews, only a moron wud assume he was talking in general terms

and who is "we"?

Kobr
01-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Why did Euroleague get banned again? There are worse trolls than him.

If the mods delete one of his threads, he posts it over and over after each delete. It's basically spam. Not surprised the mods or Jeff wanted him banned.

Micku
01-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Well...I thought the NBA stated that they wanted to make the game easier for perimeter players? They wanted more stars and want more ppl to watch the game, so they made it easier for perimeter players. I thought it was common knowledge.

Euroleague
01-06-2012, 06:17 AM

Rubio is talking about the difference between the NBA and the Euroleague. Deron Williams has never even played in the Euroleague.

Euroleague
01-06-2012, 06:25 AM

1. The NBA champion lost to the Euroleague champion 92-88, under mixed NBA/FIBA rules (60% NBA rules/40% FIBA rules) and with 2/3's NBA refs and 1/3 FIBA refs.

2. Also, the NBA has an all time record of 9-5 against the Euroleague, in games played under the 60/40 2/1 NBA/FIBA rules/refs.

So, actually playing under complete FIBA only rules and refs is something that Stern would never even in his entire life even agree to.

Euroleague
01-06-2012, 06:26 AM
playing with better players helps too, I think.

Then why didn't Rubio actually give that as an answer when he was asked about it?

RazorBaLade
01-06-2012, 06:28 AM
wolves are playing beyond expectations. rubio also, for that matter. what's wrong with you?

When your expectations are to be a terrible team and you're decent, thats fine and great for everyone.. But saying the NBA is easy when you suck just makes no sense. Sure rubio and the wolves have potential.. but I mean its like the wizards organization coming out right now and making a statement that basketball is a really simple easy sport and its easy to play it well. Know what ims aying?

Euroleague
01-06-2012, 06:29 AM
Well...I thought the NBA stated that they wanted to make the game easier for perimeter players? They wanted more stars and want more ppl to watch the game, so they made it easier for perimeter players. I thought it was common knowledge.

It does not seem to be. Whenever the topic of NBA versus FIBA or Euroleague, or NBA versus NCAA, or current NBA versus previous NBA (before the rules changes).............or even the topic of NBA point guard stats now and before........

whenever these topics come up, it seems to be that barely anyone in these forums is aware of this fact.

Euroleague
01-06-2012, 06:31 AM
I am not clear on what sort of defense is allowed in Euroleague. Are all types of zones allowed? Similar to college and high school?

Yes.

Basic differences between Euroleague and NBA rules:

In Euroleague,

No defensive 3 second rule. No rule that you have to be within an arm's length of an offensive player on defense. There is not a no-hand check rule. All zones allowed.

Narrower and shorter court. Closer 3 point line.

Games are 40 minutes long.

Nick Young
01-06-2012, 06:36 AM
Yes.

Basic differences between Euroleague and NBA rules:

In Euroleague,

No defensive 3 second rule. No rule that you have to be within an arm's length of an offensive player on defense. There is not a no-hand check rule. All zones allowed.

Narrower and shorter court. Closer 3 point line.

Games are 40 minutes long.
He was starting as a 14 year old and winning titles before the age of 20 in that scrub league.

Rubio conquered Europe before the age of 20, which is why he moved on to the tougher NBA

koBEDABEST
01-06-2012, 06:37 AM
Lebron in Euroleague would average 45/20/15.

koBEDABEST
01-06-2012, 06:38 AM
I mean, Rubio is dope... but if hes the best the Euroleague has to offer... it tells u something.

kNIOKAS
01-06-2012, 06:44 AM
When your expectations are to be a terrible team and you're decent, thats fine and great for everyone.. But saying the NBA is easy when you suck just makes no sense. Sure rubio and the wolves have potential.. but I mean its like the wizards organization coming out right now and making a statement that basketball is a really simple easy sport and its easy to play it well. Know what ims aying?
Oh come on. Don't be that stubborn... Can't you agree that the floor in nba is bigger? Now, on a bigger floor, with more spacing, you think it would be easier to get away from defense? Now, that's what Rubio said. If you have a problem with it, you have agenda first and foremost.

Fiba basketball
01-06-2012, 06:54 AM
I mean, Rubio is dope... but if hes the best the Euroleague has to offer... it tells u something.
He is one of the worst .

thelucifer69
01-06-2012, 01:24 PM

He shoot under 30% in Europe, >50% in NBA explain that.

Euroleague
01-07-2012, 03:11 AM
He was starting as a 14 year old and winning titles before the age of 20 in that scrub league.

Rubio conquered Europe before the age of 20, which is why he moved on to the tougher NBA

First of all, he was NOT a starter at age 14. He mainly came off the bench until he was 19-20 years old, and even then he did NOT start all the games.

He only started like 75% of his games even last year.

Second, he did NOT play in the Euroleague at age 14. He did not play in the Euroleague until age 16.

Third, he won ONE title, not multiple "titles" in "that league", as you falsely claim. Rubio won a SINGLE Euroleague title in his whole career in Europe.

And on that team, he was nothing but a bit part, minor role player, and most of the time he was sitting on the bench during the 4th quarter.

Euroleague
01-07-2012, 03:16 AM

Rubio was widely regarded as one of, if not the worst, rotation point guard in the Euroleague last season.

The fact that one of the worst rotation point guards in the Euroleague, is considered to be "dope" by NBA only fans...tells you something.

Heavincent
01-07-2012, 03:18 AM
Rubio was widely regarded as one of, if not the worst, rotation point guard in the Euroleague last season.

The fact that one of the worst rotation point guards in the Euroleague, is considered to be "dope" by NBA only fans...tells you something.

http://pictures.funnyforum.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg

Eric Cartman
01-07-2012, 03:23 AM
I asked this fool who the best players in the Euroleague where & he didn't give me an answer, because he knows the best that the euroleague can offer can at best be a role player in the NBA on a non contending teams. (Luis Scola, Anthony Parker)

Ignore list is an awesome thing you guys.

If you wanna shit on him with facts just visit http://www.euroleague.net/

Mr. Jabbar
01-07-2012, 03:28 AM
I wonder if OP is called "NBA" in euroleague's forums...

Droid101
01-07-2012, 03:53 AM
Um. It's going to be easier to get inside when the 3 point line is two feet closer, obviously. They pack the paint in Europe because it's easier to do that than play real man to man defense.

Euroleague
01-07-2012, 04:32 AM
Um. It's going to be easier to get inside when the 3 point line is two feet closer, obviously. They pack the paint in Europe because it's easier to do that than play real man to man defense.

I think you meant to say that the NBA 3 point line is farther out, not closer.

Besides that, it isn't a 2 feet difference in distance. The NBA 3 point line is 19 inches further at the top of the key, and 4 inches further at the corners.

So, the NBA 3 point line is 19 inches further at the top (2 feet would be 24 inches), and 4 inches further at the corners.

So, "2 feet further", is a bit of an exaggeration for the top, and a huge exaggeration for the corners.

mrpibb
01-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Because afro american have been bred by white people so they develop more physical habilities to pick up cotton and modern afro americans playing in the nba are their descendants. They are genetically engeenered to perform physical activities well and do poorly at more intellectual tasks. It can be reversed by education and faith over several generations tho.

It's called artificial selection inside the human specie, genius.

As goddamned insensitive as this poster is, I agree with the point. I won't dress it up with "white man" and words like "bred," but there is a word to be said about the gene pool.

If most African-Americans arrived in the United States through slave trade, then it would only make sense that they would become more physically-gifted, through the nature of the business.

Intellect, however, is a non-factor and a bunch of bullshit.

Now that I've written all that, this shouldn't even be brought up in an NBA forum. But he isn't as dumb as you say he is. He's just a bit biased.