PDA

View Full Version : JJ Barea to sign 4 year deal with the T-Wolves

Grinder
12-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Timberwolves finalizing four-year deal with J.J. Barea

Don't see any sense in this signing. Barea, Rubio, and Ridnour? None of those guys can play together either. David Kahn's point guard fetish continues...

Knicks101
12-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Gotta catch 'em all.

chips93
12-12-2011, 10:08 AM
championship experience? perimeter scoring? i dont really understand this one either. trading away that pick to the clippers is gonna kill this team.

Funnyfuka
12-12-2011, 10:08 AM
barea doesnt care about basketball, he only cares about MONEY.

Jasi
12-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Too bad they let Jonny Flynn go

Jasi
12-12-2011, 10:11 AM
barea doesnt care about basketball, he only cares about MONEY.

Yes but only as a means, not as an end.

http://lakerstraderumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/jjbarea.jpg

bagelred
12-12-2011, 10:17 AM
He had a chance at a starting PG spot to play in Madison Square Garden to play with Amare Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony, and Tyson Chandler in MDA's perfect basketball system for him in New York City, the greatest city in the world with a very large Puerto Rican population, to contend for a championship, with national TV exposure, endorsement opportunities, and all the other perks that come with it.

Instead, he chooses to go to small town, cold Minneapolis to be a third string backup PG, for a team that won't be contending for a championship anytime soon in anonymity.

Cha Ching!!!!!

Also Houston is still beating Minny 4 to 3:

Lowry, Flynn, Dragic, Lin to Rubio, Ridnour, Barea

hammer2010
12-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Gotta catch 'em all.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/005/0/4/Pokemon_Basketball_by_jmq.jpg

shootingcomets
12-12-2011, 10:24 AM
So they're conceding that rubio is already a fail?

Funnyfuka
12-12-2011, 10:24 AM
lol basically it sounds like it...

PyrrhusX
12-12-2011, 10:25 AM
:facepalm

All Net
12-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Wow

Amazing what happens when you won a title

Yung D-Will
12-12-2011, 10:32 AM
So they're conceding that rubio is already a fail?

You're not paying attention. They're not keeping Ridinour

If you've payed attention to their camp Rick Adelman has sounded very impressed with Rubio's defense, Passing and abilty to run the offense however they're looking for pieces to trade for K-Mart and Ridinour is most likely one of them so it'll most likely be Rubio and Ridinour as the two starting pg's

Adelman has consistently put Rubio as the pg with love on the floor and put Ridinour as a backup.

Adelman on @rickyrubio9's 1st @nba practice: "I think he did really well. He can really pass the ball. I think the way he handles the ball."
Rick Adelman's interviews where he speaks on Rubio
http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/training_camp_day_3_2011_12_11.html

^ Day 3

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/training_camp_day_2_2011_12_10.html

^ Day 2

From the look of it he'll probally be starting from day 1.

The only consistant between every unit Adelman has run so far has been Love and Rubio.

In Fact Derrick Williams was the one who apparently was strugggling early on because he had to learn how to play two differnt spots

All Net
12-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Never mind

Just seen it from Marc stein...4 years, 19 million deal.

Yung D-Will
12-12-2011, 10:34 AM
They're main goal right now is most likely trading Ridinour/Pek/Johnson for K-Mart/Decent bench player

bagelred
12-12-2011, 10:37 AM
They're main goal right now is most likely trading Ridinour/Pek/Johnson for K-Mart/Decent bench player

Wait....Kevin Martin or Kenyon Martin?

Yung D-Will
12-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Wait....Kevin Martin or Kenyon Martin?
Kevin since he's a vet who played in adelman's system and fills the gap at the 2 not to mention apparently Mchale isn't a fan of Martin.

bagelred
12-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Kevin since he's a vet who played in adelman's system and fills the gap at the 2 not to mention apparently Mchale isn't a fan of Martin.

How is Ridnour going to be in a package for Kevin Martin? Houston has FOUR point guards all ready.

Yung D-Will
12-12-2011, 10:42 AM
How is Ridnour going to be in a package for Kevin Martin? Houston has FOUR point guards all ready.
That's what I was wondering but apparently their team originally was counting on the trade Houston make with No to make their move for K-Mart so I'm not sure what was the specifics but I'm pretty sure they're still intrested in K-Mart without giving up any of their major pieces.

Yung D-Will
12-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Yea at this point considering Adelman's constant praise of Rubio's defense even more than his offense

Luke is most likely gonna be traded in an attempt to get a true two guard.

MeLO MvP 15
12-12-2011, 10:52 AM
I actually really like this pick up for Minny. JJ could be the perfect change of pace guard. Rubio is a pass first, tall PG but when Barea is in they'll have the scorer. But Minny should really trade Ridnour now (NY on line one... Balkman and Walker, do it Kahn...)

bagelred
12-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Luke is most likely gonna be traded in an attempt to get a true two guard.

Luke doesn't have much trade value. He's a nice backup but that's about it.

Actually he would start on the Knicks.:oldlol:

Yung D-Will
12-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Luke doesn't have much trade value. He's a nice backup but that's about it.

Actually he would start on the Knicks.:oldlol:

O not by himself , most likely if he gets traded it's gonna be with Wes Johnson because his true postion is the 3 but the only minutes he'll be able to get this season would be at the 2.

jbryan1984
12-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Kahn really don't make any sense. He was no clue, not even the slightest idea on how to run a basketball team.

33teeth
12-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Kings should get in on a 3 way trade and try to pick up Ridnour. Martin to MN, Ridnour to SAC, ?? to HOU.

Make it happen.

Jasi
12-12-2011, 11:00 AM
As a Knicks fan, I'd be happier with Ridnour running the point rather than any of the current PGs we have (at least Toney Douglas and Mike Bibby... I don't know about Iman Shumpert, haven't seen much of him yet).

Yung D-Will
12-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Kahn really don't make any sense. He was no clue, not even the slightest idea on how to run a basketball team.
I really doubt this is Kahn's move, from the way the lineups have looked from what I've heard Ridinour is probally expanable in Adelman's eyes.

From the minute Adelman got signed he's been involved in every decision that team will make

JtotheIzzo
12-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Don't see any sense in this signing. Barea, Rubio, and Ridnour? None of those guys can play together either. David Kahn's point guard fetish continues...

insane, maybe he is going to trade Rubio?

Yung D-Will
12-12-2011, 11:07 AM
insane, maybe he is going to trade Rubio?

If you've payed attention to their camp Rick Adelman has sounded very impressed with Rubio's defense, Passing and abilty to run the offense however they're looking for pieces to trade for K-Mart and Ridinour is most likely one of them so it'll most likely be Rubio and Ridinour as the two starting pg's

Adelman has consistently put Rubio as the pg with love on the floor and put Ridinour as a backup.

Adelman on @rickyrubio9's 1st @nba practice: "I think he did really well. He can really pass the ball. I think the way he handles the ball."

^ Day 3

^ Day 2

The only consistant between every unit Adelman has run so far has been Love and Rubio.

In Fact Derrick Williams was the one who apparently was strugggling early on because he had to learn how to play two differnt spots

MiseryCityTexas
12-12-2011, 11:11 AM

Im not a Kevin Martin Fan either. His defense is terrible, and disappears in the 4th quarter sometimes.

JGXEN
12-12-2011, 11:18 AM
I think Beasley might be flipped for Kevin Martin. Maybe rhere might be a three team trade that sends Ridnour to the third team, Martin to Minny and Beasley to Houston. :confusedshrug:

bluechox2
12-12-2011, 11:33 AM
wolves want a team full of point guards

ballup
12-12-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm not sure who is more insane, Kahn or Barea.

R.I.P.
12-12-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm not sure who is more insane, Kahn or Barea.

I honestly don

All Net
12-12-2011, 11:51 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7344562/dallas-mavericks-jj-barea-minnesota-timberwolves-agree-4-year-deal-sources-say

FireMcFailPlease
12-12-2011, 12:57 PM
I cant name 1 player on the cavs i would trade anyone on the wolves for. oh irving yea..good call gundy. thanks for williams!!! bahaha

FireMcFailPlease
12-12-2011, 01:00 PM
:wtf: [QUOTE=R.I.P.]I honestly don

bagelred
12-12-2011, 01:07 PM
:wtf:

its cause dumbass knick fans still are bitter kahn sniped rubio. and they think its 2009 still.

I can assure you Knick fans haven't thought about that in 2 years. We lost Curry, not Rubio.

FireMcFailPlease
12-12-2011, 01:13 PM
I can assure you Knick fans haven't thought about that in 2 years. We lost Curry, not Rubio.
U still mad. i can tell

stallionaire
12-12-2011, 01:26 PM
We need to get rid of Luke now. I like this pickup. Rubio/Barea will be great.

HylianNightmare
12-12-2011, 01:29 PM
great for him to get paid, not much else to get outta this signing

Blue&Orange
12-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Kahn just acquired another PG.... for basketball reasons.

R.I.P.
12-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Kahn just acquired another PG.... for basketball reasons.

I think Adelman said something about switching Rubio to SG on defense, so Barea can take the PG, unless they play the Heat, then Barea gets the SF. :lol

DuMa
12-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Oh no, bynum will have to choose now who he elbows in the air when he plays minny.

stallionaire
12-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Oh no, bynum will have to choose now who he elbows in the air when he plays minny.

:oldlol:

niko
12-12-2011, 02:09 PM
U still mad. i can tell
i could care less you signed Barea, but i fail to see why it's a good move. it seems like he's jsut going to rot there.

Mavsfan31
12-12-2011, 05:50 PM
They signed JJ to be a mentor to Rubio...

GOBB
12-12-2011, 05:55 PM
He had a chance at a starting PG spot to play in Madison Square Garden

How much did you guys have to offer tho?

magnax1
12-12-2011, 05:58 PM
I don't get it.... Now they have Rubio, Ridnour and Barea. Did Ridnour really fall off? Someone is going to get benched...

Clutch
12-12-2011, 05:59 PM
I don't get it.... Now they have Rubio, Ridnour and Barea. Did Ridnour really fall off? Someone is going to get benched...
KAAAAAAAAAAAAHN

Euroleague
12-12-2011, 06:09 PM
No surprise here. Just as expected. Adelman saw Rubio for about a week and realized how horrible he is and that there was no way in hell he could win any games with him playing big minutes.

The Rubio supporters are so delusional they are even delusional by NBA only fan standards.

Rowe
12-12-2011, 06:12 PM
$2.5 Million. :confusedshrug:

BankShot
12-12-2011, 06:12 PM
No surprise here. Just as expected. Adelman saw Rubio for about a week and realized how horrible he is and that there was no way in hell he could win any games with him playing big minutes.

The Rubio supporters are so delusional they are even delusional by NBA only fan standards.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how he does in actual NBA games.

The Wolves fans I know, at least here in Minnesota, aren't expecting him to be an franchise player, or an All-Star, or anything like that. We're just hoping he's able to be a solid PG that can help the Wolves climb back to relevancy and hell maybe even be fun to watch too.

Seems like the Rubio haters think that everyone else thinks Rubio will be a star.

BankShot
12-12-2011, 06:14 PM

Ridnour played commendably last year.... but he really just has no place in the Wolves future plans. He's on a reasonable contract, and still is a solid player, so I'm sure they can flip him somewhere along the line.

Euroleague
12-12-2011, 06:15 PM

Rubio was the worst rotation point guard in the Euroleague. Now that Adelman has actually seen what he has there........this move makes perfect sense.

Adelman can say whatever he wants to the drooling retard NBA fan base and US sports media, but he is no fool. He knew immediately once he actually saw Rubio play that he could not win anything relying on Rubio.

Euroleague
12-12-2011, 06:16 PM
I guess we'll just have to wait and see how he does in actual NBA games.

The Wolves fans I know, at least here in Minnesota, aren't expecting him to be an franchise player, or an All-Star, or anything like that. We're just hoping he's able to be a solid PG that can help the Wolves climb back to relevancy and hell maybe even be fun to watch too.

Seems like the Rubio haters think that everyone else thinks Rubio will be a star.

A competent PG that can't shoot and can't score. Good luck.

bagelred

2 years, $2.5 million a year :lol

They paid him $19 million? Jeez, Louise......I would take that money too.

Timberwolves :hammerhead:

GOBB
$2.5 Million. :confusedshrug:

4yrs $19mil > $2.5mil per, cant knock JJ here. I can knock Minny tho. The price and the logic behind adding him.

Rowe
12-12-2011, 06:18 PM

Ridnour is definetly gone.

He was a good PG for the Triangle Offense under Rambis, but he doesn't have any role under Adelman. They need more of a scoring backup PG to pace Rubio, and Barea is one of the best at putting up points in limited minutes. Also Malcolm Lee is in the fold as 3rd string PG and hes know for his defense.

BankShot
12-12-2011, 06:18 PM
A competent PG that can't shoot and can't score. Good luck.

Troll all ya want, but I'll hold true with my feelings about Rubio.

As a Wolves fan, how could I not hope that he pans out and is able to positively affect our trajectory back into relevancy??

Yes he has struggled since the initial Rubio-mania took hold... but until he plays NBA games, we won't know for sure what kind of NBA player he'll be.

Its funny how people simply don't want him to succeed for really no reason at all.... its not his fault he was hyped up as a 16 year old

Rowe
12-12-2011, 06:19 PM
4yrs $19mil > $2.5mil per, cant knock JJ here. I can knock Minny tho. The price and the logic behind adding him.

I agree with that. It was a longshot anyways.

BankShot
12-12-2011, 06:24 PM

Yeah he's a bit overpaid... but I guarantee if Minnesota was publicly shopping him, he'd definitely get some takers.

As far as I'm concerned, they Wolves FO just used their cap space on something (kinda like with Sessions last year) so they could flip it later for an asset. Thats the M.O. in the F.O.... accruing assets

Euroleague
12-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Troll all ya want, but I'll hold true with my feelings about Rubio.

As a Wolves fan, how could I not hope that he pans out and is able to positively affect our trajectory back into relevancy??

Yes he has struggled since the initial Rubio-mania took hold... but until he plays NBA games, we won't know for sure what kind of NBA player he'll be.

Its funny how people simply don't want him to succeed for really no reason at all.... its not his fault he was hyped up as a 16 year old

Whatever troll. You comment about a player you know nothing about. "Don't want him to succeed" and all kinds of other made up BS. Live in your fantasy land then.

BankShot
12-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Whatever troll. You comment about a player you know nothing about. "Don't want him to succeed" and all kinds of other made up BS. Live in your fantasy land then.

Like I said, troll all ya want.... :rolleyes:

The only comments I'm making about Rubio, is that as a Wolves fan I want him to be a positive asset in rebuilding the franchise back to respectability.

You can be negative all you want, troll all you want, and hate on him due to his non-NBA performance.

We'll just have to wait and see how he does in the NBA.... and I for one hope he does well

Euroleague
12-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Like I said, troll all ya want.... :rolleyes:

The only comments I'm making about Rubio, is that as a Wolves fan I want him to be a positive asset in rebuilding the franchise back to respectability.

You can be negative all you want, troll all you want, and hate on him due to his non-NBA performance.

We'll just have to wait and see how he does in the NBA.... and I for one hope he does well

You are the one who is trolling. Rubio was one of the worst Euroleague players of recent memory on offense. He was so bad on offense that he was left unguarded both with and without the ball in the Euroleague, and still could not score.

And this is the guy you are saying you simply expect to be a "competent point guard".

You are the one trolling.

BankShot
12-12-2011, 07:00 PM
You are the one who is trolling. Rubio was one of the worst Euroleague players of recent memory on offense. He was so bad on offense that he was left unguarded both with and without the ball in the Euroleague, and still could not score.

And this is the guy you are saying you simply expect to be a "competent point guard".

As a Wolves fan, I'm hoping that our rookie PG can be a contributor.

Run along, Troll. :rolleyes:

Euroleague
12-12-2011, 07:02 PM
As a Wolves fan, I'm hoping that our rookie PG can be a contributor.

Run along, Troll. :rolleyes:

You are trolling. By calling anyone that properly rates Rubio a troll. Thus, YOU are trolling. Troll.

KGMN
12-12-2011, 07:02 PM

How many full Ricky Rubio games have you watched to have come to these conclusions? I'm just wondering.

Euroleague
12-12-2011, 07:06 PM
How many full Ricky Rubio games have you watched to have come to these conclusions? I'm just wondering.

All the official (not friendly for example) games he played with the Spanish senior national team. A few friendlies also.

All the games he played with Barca in ACB finals. Probably about half the games he played with Barca in the Euroleague, maybe more.

Several of the games he played in the Spanish King's Cup.

A few of the games he played with Joventut in Eurocup and Euroleague.

Several ACB games, etc.

I'm not sure how many "full" games it would be, but I'm guessing something like at least 50 or so.

BankShot
12-12-2011, 07:17 PM
So I'm thinking the Barea signing was simply picking up an asset for future dealings...

What teams could/would be interested in trading for Barea for next to nothing??

I know the Knicks were interested.... how about an expirer and a 2nd round pick??

KGMN
12-12-2011, 07:18 PM
All the official (not friendly for example) games he played with the Spanish senior national team. A few friendlies also.

All the games he played with Barca in ACB finals. Probably about half the games he played with Barca in the Euroleague, maybe more.

Several of the games he played in the Spanish King's Cup.

A few of the games he played with Joventut in Eurocup and Euroleague.

Several ACB games, etc.

I'm not sure how many "full" games it would be, but I'm guessing something like at least 50 or so.

Okay, so you would probably have a pretty good knowledge about his game. I acknowledge that, but don't get mad at me and other Timberwolves fans for having hope in him to succeed. From my knowledge, Barca did next to nothing to help him develop into a better basketball player (besides playing for a good team), Rick Adelman and other Wolves players were impressed by his play, and he's been working hard on his shooting, so I have reason to be optimistic for the upcoming season with Ricky starting at PG.

Does anyone know if Barea has ever played minutes at SG with Jason Kidd?

BankShot
12-12-2011, 07:19 PM
Okay, so you would probably have a pretty good knowledge about his game. I acknowledge that, but don't get mad at me and other Timberwolves fans for having hope in him to succeed. From my knowledge, Barca did next to nothing to help him develop into a better basketball player (besides playing for a good team), Rick Adelman and other Wolves players were impressed by his play, and he's been working hard on his shooting, so I have reason to be optimistic for the upcoming season with Ricky starting at PG.

These are my sentiments exactly.... us Wolves fans aren't expecting much out of Rubio, we just want him to play well and help build the franchise towards respectability :cheers:

Euroleague
12-12-2011, 07:24 PM

Does anyone know if Barea has ever played minutes at SG with Jason Kidd?

Barca has coaches every bit as good or better than Adelman or any coach the Wolves have. And in Joventut he had the best developmental system in Spain behind him.

Barca was extremely patient with him and I guarantee you that Rick Adelman will not be even half as patient. he will be benched and traded very quickly by Adelman if he plays as bad as he had been in Barca. Unlike Barca's coach he won't be patient even to the detriment of the team.

Barca's coach was playing him even when it meant losing ACB and Euroleague titles....just for the sake of believing he had a duty to play the Spanish "sensation".

Look, Rubio has his good points and he does have definite talent and skills in certain areas. And there are certainly good traits to his game.

But to expect possibly the worst main rotation player in the entire Euroleague the last 2 years to come in and automatically lead an NBA team is a bit much.

Yeah, Ty Lawson and Brandon Jennings were also scrubs in Euroleague.....but there was an enormous difference. They were actually defended by the opposing teams. Rubio was not.

I'm not saying Rubio could not become a good NBA point guard, and in fact he will do better in the NBA because the rules and reffing make it way easier to score in NBA than in Euroleague.

But, the fact remains that you are talking about a worse 3 point shooting, worse lay up making version of Rafer Alston. That's basically what Rubio is. He's hardly the guy to pin your hopes on to lead your team, at least for the time being.

KGMN
12-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Barca has coaches every bit as good or better than Adelman or any coach the Wolves have. And in Joventut he had the best developmental system in Spain behind him.

Barca was extremely patient with him and I guarantee you that Rick Adelman will not be even half as patient. he will be benched and traded very quickly by Adelman if he plays as bad as he had been in Barca. Unlike Barca's coach he won't be patient even to the detriment of the team.

Barca's coach was playing him even when it meant losing ACB and Euroleague titles....just for the sake of believing he had a duty to play the Spanish "sensation".

Look, Rubio has his good points and he does have definite talent and skills in certain areas. And there are certainly good traits to his game.

But to expect possibly the worst main rotation player in the entire Euroleague the last 2 years to come in an automatically lead an NBA team is a bit much.

Yeah, Ty Lawson and Brandon Jennings were also scrubs in Euroleague.....but there was an enormous difference. They were actually defended by the opposing teams. Rubio was not.

I'm not saying Rubio could not become a good NBA point guard, and in fact he will do better in the NBA because the rules and reffing make it way easier to score in NBA than in Euroleague.

But, the fact remains that you are talking about a worse 3 point shooting, worse lay up making version of Rafer Alston. That's basically what Rubio is. He's hardly the guy to pin your hopes on to lead your team, at least for the time being.

I'm not questioning the skill of Barca's coaches. It's just that they really did not care about Ricky Rubio's development. If he plays well, great! If not, it doesn't matter! He's at minimum good at passing and can facilitate fairly well, and we'll win regardless. And we don't need him to lead the team, that's Kevin Love. He's likely an improvement over Ridnour, (Flynn), and Barea, so having a solid starting PG who can actually pass is a relief for Timberwolves fans who have not had a single good passing PG since who, Terrell Brandon?

And his role is not to score points offensively, but to get the ball to someone in a good position to score. If his role was to score, then we'd be in trouble, but since it's not, a highly doubt that Adelman will lose patience with Ricky due to his sub-par shooting/scoring. Minnesota has scorers, they just don't get to get easy shots off very often.

ballsohard247
12-12-2011, 07:39 PM
I'm kind of pulling for Rubio. I still feel he is a little overhyped but maybe his abilities will translate better to the NBA. If he gets minutes and feeds DWill alleys all season long then I'll enjoy the show.

Euroleague
12-12-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm not questioning the skill of Barca's coaches. It's just that they really did not care about Ricky Rubio's development. If he plays well, great! If not, it doesn't matter! He's at minimum good at passing and can facilitate fairly well, and we'll win regardless. And we don't need him to lead the team, that's Kevin Love. He's likely an improvement over Ridnour, (Flynn), and Barea, so having a solid starting PG who can actually pass is a relief for Timberwolves fans who have not had a single good passing PG since who, Terrell Brandon?

And his role is not to score points offensively, but to get the ball to someone in a good position to score. If his role was to score, then we'd be in trouble, but since it's not, a highly doubt that Adelman will lose patience with Ricky due to his sub-par shooting/scoring. Minnesota has scorers, they just don't get to get easy shots off very often.

Ridnour can shoot and he can score. Rubio can do neither.

Barea is vastly better than Rubio is. It's not even remotely close. If you think Rubio is better than Barea, then you have absolutely no idea about Rubio's level at all.

Minnesota fans are being sold a huge bill of goods.

Yung D-Will
12-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Yawn Rubio's already much better than he was under the srubby Euroleauge coaches.

Rick Adelman's actually developing his game.

Don't respond to Euroleauge he's just mad cause no one post about Euroleaugwe now that the nba's back so all he can go back to doing is obsessing over Rubio:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Euroleague
12-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Yawn Rubio's already much better than he was under the srubby Euroleauge coaches.

Rick Adelman's actually developing his game.

Don't respond to Euroleauge he's just mad cause no one post about Euroleaugwe now that the nba's back so all he can go back to doing is obsessing over Rubio:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You are a freaking idiot.

spiegel
12-12-2011, 08:15 PM

^ Day 3

^ Day 2

You're joking right? We have(houston) Lowry, Dragic, Lin and Flynn at the PG spot allready. Why would we want Ridnour?. If you think you are going to get a 23 point scorer with amazing % like Martin for Ridnour and other garbage then think again.

spiegel
12-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Ridnour can shoot and he can score. Rubio can do neither.

Barea is vastly better than Rubio is. It's not even remotely close. If you think Rubio is better than Barea, then you have absolutely no idea about Rubio's level at all.

Minnesota fans are being sold a huge bill of goods.

Rick Adelman is the best offensive coach in the league. He'll develope Rubios offensive repatoire.

Yung D-Will
12-12-2011, 08:19 PM
You're joking right? We have(houston) Lowry, Dragic, Lin and Flynn at the PG spot allready. Why would we want Ridnour?. If you think you are going to get a 23 point scorer with amazing % like Martin for Ridnour and other garbage then think again.
The **** you saying that like I'm a T-Wolves fan ? :roll: :roll: :roll:

And no the things I read was some sort of trade involving Wesley Johnson and Ridinour with the wolves aquring Martin I don't know if it's a 3 team trade but I haven't heard anything since so who knows might just be rumors but I've hear the wolves have been intrested in working out a deal since the No-houston trade thing

Euroleague
12-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Rick Adelman is the best offensive coach in the league. He'll develope Rubios offensive repatoire.

Sure he will. Just like he did so with Jason Williams and Rafer Alston..........

magnax1
12-12-2011, 08:23 PM
If the Wolves get Martin they could be a very good team, especially since he's a perfect fit for Adelman.

spiegel
12-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Sure he will. Just like he did so with Jason Williams and Rafer Alston..........

Rafer Alston was a veteran when Adelman came to houston. Jason Williams was a pretty good offensive player in his prime.

spiegel
12-12-2011, 08:26 PM
The **** you saying that like I'm a T-Wolves fan ? :roll: :roll: :roll:

And no the things I read was some sort of trade involving Wesley Johnson and Ridinour with the wolves aquring Martin I don't know if it's a 3 team trade but I haven't heard anything since so who knows might just be rumors but I've hear the wolves have been intrested in working out a deal since the No-houston trade thing
Rockets are in dire need of a center and Wes Johonson dosent remedy anything. Courtney Lee can take over for KM and slot into the starting lineup.Any deal would involve either Darko or Anthony Randolph.

BankShot
12-12-2011, 08:27 PM

What about Beasley for Martin?

Yung D-Will
Rockets are in dire need of a center and Wees Johonson dosent remedy anything. Courtney Lee can take over for KM and slot into the starting lineup.Any deal would involve either Darko or Anthony Randolph.
That's why I could see a third team being involved. Either way it's premature

magnax1
What about Beasley for Martin?
Exactly. They need a SF as badly as they need a C.

spiegel
12-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Exactly. They need a SF as badly as they need a C.
Morris is the Rockets Starting forward with Budinger as his backup. The Center position is where the Rockets are in need ....

Euroleague
12-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Rafer Alston was a veteran when Adelman came to houston. Jason Williams was a pretty good offensive player in his prime.

And both were better offensive players than Rubio is.

B-Easy8
12-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Unless we are trading Ridnour I don't see how this is a good signing. Adelman has been talking up both Rubio and Lee so I don't see why we need another PG. If we trade Ridnour for a SG then it's a good signing as Barea and Rubio will run the point and Lee will be a thrid string PG/SG.

dirk94_
12-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Burea> Ridnour

KGMN
12-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Barea's definitely a good basketball player, but he's also fairly overrated. It's the "NBA Champion" rule that does this to people. All the time, I see players becoming overrated due to winning the championship: Dirk Nowitzki, Tyson Chandler, J.J. Barea, Pau Gasol, Kevin Garnett! (not something I would normally say), Manu Ginobili..........

I can't say for sure if Rubio's better than Barea overall, but he's a better playmaker and probably a better defender.

senelcoolidge
12-13-2011, 02:27 AM
What a weird signing by the Wolves. I'm sure someone will be moved..most likely Ridnour will be included. I thought he did a good job as a starter last year. Barea is a back up point guard and you don't know how Rubio is going to turn out. I don't like this signing.

Kujo
12-13-2011, 01:34 PM
I would have loved to have seen Barea with the Knicks. Anyway, this potential signing makes no sense with Rubio on the roster. I'm guessing Ridnour will be shipped out soon? Then this signing would make more sense.

Euroleague
12-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Barea's definitely a good basketball player, but he's also fairly overrated. It's the "NBA Champion" rule that does this to people. All the time, I see players becoming overrated due to winning the championship: Dirk Nowitzki, Tyson Chandler, J.J. Barea, Pau Gasol, Kevin Garnett! (not something I would normally say), Manu Ginobili..........

I can't say for sure if Rubio's better than Barea overall, but he's a better playmaker and probably a better defender.

You are overrating Rubio to absurd levels.

KGMN
12-13-2011, 06:56 PM
You are overrating Rubio to absurd levels.
I'm overrating him by saying he's a better passer than Barea?

Euroleague
12-13-2011, 06:59 PM

No. You are big time though by saying you don't know for sure if Rubio is a better overall player than Barea. Barea is way better than Rubio is, at least at the current time.

Yung D-Will
12-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Don't respond to him. Put him on ignore. He's only posting in Rubio threads because no one post about Euroleauge since the lockout ended. It's the only way he can feel relevant

Euroleague
12-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Don't respond to him. Put him on ignore. He's only posting in Rubio threads because no one post about Euroleauge since the lockout ended. It's the only way he can feel relevant

You are a true moron.