PDA

View Full Version : Vince Carter on verge of signing with Mavs.

DStebb716
12-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Sources tell ESPN that Mavs closing in on signing of Vince Carter and could have deal to reunite VC w/Jason Kidd done as early as Saturday

https://twitter.com/#!/ESPNSteinLine/status/145311630664810497

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-09-2011, 09:21 PM
What kind of deal?

AMISTILLILL
12-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Are the Suns buying him out? I thought he was getting amnestied..?

Terry, VC and Rudy can be positively deadly. Still not sure how far they get in the absence of Chandler, so hopefully Haywood can step up.

iDunk
12-09-2011, 09:24 PM
I like it for Carter, but I wanted him on the Nets or Knicks ..

bagelred
12-09-2011, 09:25 PM
When Richard Jefferson gets amnestied, he should go there too........

#NetsBigThreeReunion

Clippersfan86
12-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Very bad fit. Dallas' offensive strength is ball movement. Carter doesn't move the ball too well and doesn't play D like Butler/Marion/Stephenson did.

AMISTILLILL
12-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Very bad fit. Dallas' offensive strength is ball movement. Carter doesn't move the ball too well and doesn't play D like Butler/Marion/Stephenson did.

They'll likely just bring him in to play the role guys like Peja had last season. Spot up shooting. I'd certainly take an able bodied Carter over a a half-dead Peja any day. Plus VC can still explode to the rim on occasion.

knightfall88
12-09-2011, 09:28 PM
VC doesn't try. There were so many key games in the regular season in Orlando where he just took the night off because some silly discomfort to his body or someshit. You are making a mistake Mavs. He had an opportunity in Orlando and he blew it.

WillyJakk
12-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Nice pickup for the Mavs if this goes down.

Best SG option and I expect him to start, easily.

AMISTILLILL
12-09-2011, 09:30 PM
LOL @ the photo on hoops*ype.
http://i41.tinypic.com/20u313s.jpg

Clippersfan86
12-09-2011, 09:31 PM

Wait till he's shot jacking and getting lazy. This is far from a nice pickup for Mavs. Bulls picking up Rip is a nice pickup. You can't just look at price/talent. Gotta factor in mentality and chemistry and I could never see Vince as a Maverick.

ClutchBucketz
12-09-2011, 09:33 PM
J Kidd may have to adjust the height of his oops from his Jersey days.. Not sure VC can get there anymore.:cheers:

Mr Know It All
12-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Wait till he's shot jacking and getting lazy. This is far from a nice pickup for Mavs. Bulls picking up Rip is a nice pickup. You can't just look at price/talent. Gotta factor in mentality and chemistry and I could never see Vince as a Maverick.

You could say the same thing about Stevenson and Jason Terry. Mavericks are extremely well coached they should be able to get him to buy into their system.

Clippersfan86
12-09-2011, 09:36 PM
You could say the same thing about Stevenson and Jason Terry. Mavericks are extremely well coached they should be able to get him to buy into their system.

The difference is they do it within the offense on wide open 3's. Vince will create his own shot and shoot STUPID, CONTESTED 3's. Trust me... not comparable. I agree he should be contained/motivated playing for Dallas but I wouldn't call it an ideal or good fit. As I said... Richard Hamilton to Bulls=perfect/good fit.

WillyJakk

What makes you think a guy like R.I.P. (a guy who sulked for an entire year) is a better fit than VC?

Vince ALWAYS just wanted to fit in and be a complimentary piece (though he had megastar game) and now he'll be that w/ Dirk Nowitzki as the number one.

And believe me, Jason Kidd is respected and veteran enough to get his former teammate Vince the ball to keep him happy.

Not sure where you goin w/ this claim?:confusedshrug:

Kurosawa0
Hey, remember when everyone was so into the new, tough Mavs? That was a fun while it lasted.

305Baller
12-09-2011, 09:37 PM
The Carter/Kidd chemistry may as well make this a better move than expected.

Grinder
12-09-2011, 09:37 PM
What makes you think a guy like R.I.P. (a guy who sulked for an entire year) is a better fit than VC?

Vince ALWAYS just wanted to fit in and be a complimentary piece (though he had megastar game) and now he'll be that w/ Dirk Nowitzki as the number one.

And believe me, Jason Kidd is respected and veteran enough to get his former teammate Vince the ball to keep him happy.

Well said. I agree.

Love this deal, VC will probably start at the 3 and play 20-25 minutes a game with Marion as the 6th man.

Clippersfan86
12-09-2011, 09:39 PM

Where I'm going is that it wasn't a great pickup like you're saying. Lol at Rip sulking. The dude was benched and involved in a TERRIBLE situation in Detroit that will always be remembered as a low point in Pistons history. Apparently you don't know Vince Carter too well when you're portraying him as classy or unselfish :facepalm .

This is the dude who demanded a trade out of Toronto, played like crap in Orlando and didn't even try AT ALL last year on Suns. I have never seen Rip act like he literally didn't care the way Vince did.

Soundwave
Kidd will keep VC in line.

Not a bad signing for the Mavs considering it'll be cheap.

AMISTILLILL
I'd say Rip and Vince both have questionable motivation when things aren't looking too bright.

Clippersfan86
Well said. I agree.

Love this deal, VC will probably start at the 3 and play 20-25 minutes a game with Marion as the 6th man.

I'm willing to bet any Mavs fan here acting like this guy is a great consolation prize.... that you'll want Vince off the team by the end of season. Who wants to avy bet me?

ballsohard247
12-09-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm not really expecting much from VC this year. With the compressed schedule his already damaged knees are going to be an issue and all I can really see him doing is spotting up for threes.

Clippersfan86
12-09-2011, 09:41 PM
I'd say Rip and Vince both have questionable motivation when things aren't looking too bright.

Not true at all dude. Rip was known as an incredible classy player his entire career. One of the hardest workers in the NBA. The Pistons organization shafted all of their players and they all wanted to leave. To compare Rip's professionalism to VC's is incredibly moronic. I can't confidently say you guys have watched enough of these two players based on this assertion.

HB40TheNextStar
VC can still ball out if he's motivated.

I'd think (hope) at this point in his career, joining a team that has a chance to win a championship would be enough motivation.

UtahJazzFan88
Good pick-up. I think he can adjust well.

I hate to make an NFL comparison on the NBA section, but I compare this to Bill Belichek picking up Ocho Cinco. I think this fit is going to work. If not? Then he can always get released, don't think Cuban is afraid to.

Grinder
I'm willing to bet any Mavs fan here acting like this guy is a great consolation prize.... that you'll want Vince off the team by the end of season. Who wants to avy bet me?

Not really, if he doesn't play well, he'll just fall out of the rotation. Corey Brewer is a talented young player, a great defender, and could probably play the role that Butler played if VC doesn't pan out. We all saw how important Butler was in the finals....

creepingdeath
12-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Well, of course we Mavs fans have different preferences, but it's not like we have so many options right now.. :lol

coin24
12-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Not true at all dude. Rip was known as an incredible classy player his entire career. One of the hardest workers in the NBA. The Pistons organization shafted all of their players and they all wanted to leave. To compare Rip's professionalism to VC's is incredibly moronic. I can't confidently say you guys have watched enough of these two players based on this assertion.

This:applause:

But i think VC should do ok in dallas...

Mr Know It All
12-09-2011, 09:43 PM

You would demonstrate far more balls if you wanted to bet that he would leave the team because of his bad performance by the end of the season. Any fan could lie and claim they still want him no matter what the numbers. Stick to Clippers threads buddy you're stretching yourself too thin.

AMISTILLILL
12-09-2011, 09:44 PM

I'm not saying professionalism is the issue, I'm saying they don't play to their potential when they're in losing situations. No doubt Vince Carter has zero heart, however I think he can at least be serviceable for what Dallas needs in a SMALL capacity.

I don't think anyone could question Rip's integrity after that '04 championship run.

Clippersfan86
12-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Not really, if he doesn't play well, he'll just fall out of the rotation. Corey Brewer is a talented young player, a great defender, and could probably play the role that Butler played if VC doesn't pan out. We all saw how important Butler was in the finals....

I'm just saying. Vince used to be my favorite player. I've followed his career closely. He is mentally fragile and a quitter. Even if Mavs do well... and he's motivated.. he will frustrate you with his underachieving and bombing 30 foot threes early in the shot clock.

Clippersfan86
12-09-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm not saying professionalism is the issue, I'm saying they don't play to their potential when they're in losing situations. No doubt Vince Carter has zero heart. I don't think anyone could question Rip's integrity after that '04 championship run.

I would agree with you if it was just the Suns situation... but the way Vince underachieved and only gave about 70 percent his entire time in Orlando has me respecting him less as well. I'm not trying to be a downer on Mavs fans. If you guys are excited about this I'm sorry if I'm being a di**. I just wish the Mavs signed somebody different :no: .

Grinder
12-09-2011, 09:46 PM
I'm just saying. Vince used to be my favorite player. I've followed his career closely. He is mentally fragile and a quitter. Even if Mavs do well... and he's motivated.. he will frustrate you with his underachieving and bombing 30 foot threes early in the shot clock.

Unlike the past teams he's been on, he won't be expected to be a dynamic scorer/first or second option on offense. At the price the Mavs are probably going to get him at, he's easily worth the gamble. He'll be asked to hit some mid range Js off the curl and spot up 3s. If he can't do that or starts to become unmotivated, he's passed in the rotation by Brewer and Rudy Fernandez, both solid young players.

It's a very low risk signing and there's not much to worry to about if he does end up being a bust signing.

AMISTILLILL
12-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Unlike the past teams he's been on, he won't be expected to be a dynamic scorer/first or second option on offense. At the price the Mavs are probably going to get him at, he's easily worth the gamble. He'll be asked to hit some mid range Js off the curl and spot up 3s. If he can't do that or starts to become unmotivated, he's passed in the rotation by Brewer and Rudy Fernandez, both solid young players.

It's a very low risk signing and there's not much to worry to about if he does end up being a bust signing.

This. Like I mentioned earlier, worst case scenario he gets Peja' minutes from the end of last season.

Clippersfan86
12-09-2011, 09:48 PM
This. Like I mentioned earlier, worst case scenario he gets Peja' minutes from the end of last season.

How much is he being signed for? If it's super cheap I agree it's low risk. I suppose I can say that about Tmac signing and Iverson if he signed too. Guys who I feel with right motivation can be contributors still at their age.

Clippersfan86
12-09-2011, 09:49 PM

I thought Rudy didn't report to camp and may not return? Brewer is one of my most underrated players.. but definitely not a starter on a contending team.

(e)
12-09-2011, 09:51 PM
I like it. Loved watching Kidd and VC back in the day, will be nice to see them reunited.

Clippersfan86
12-09-2011, 09:54 PM
I like it. Loved watching Kidd and VC back in the day, will be nice to see them reunited.

For nostalgic reasons sure... may as well bring in Richard Jefferson, Krstic, Mikki Moore and Eddie House while you're at it.

WillyJakk
12-09-2011, 09:55 PM

Exactly...WAS known as a classy dude until sh*t went south, the worse it got there in Detroit, the worse R.I.P. got.

Tayshaun didn't cry or whine not one single time when the going got tough, EVEN when they drafted his replacement Austin Daye he didn't sulk.

R.I.P. (notice R.I.P. not Rip) once they brought in AI, he cried, they brought in Ben Gordon, he cried, they brought in T-Mac, he cried and sat out.

Vince cried like a baby in his "I'm not gonna dunk anymore T-Dot days", since then, he's just been an underachiever of sorts, someone who didn't maximize their potential due to him not being able to handle being "the Man" anymore.

R.I.P. was a hard worker who helped win a title and got the most outta his abilities who had a "Star" mentality but was never a star and he couldn't handle the new direction Detroit had taken.

Huge difference to me.

Btw, one of these guys needs help even getting his shot off, take a guess which one that is?

I'll take the guy who doesn't every single time.

Grinder
12-09-2011, 09:55 PM
I thought Rudy didn't report to camp and may not return? Brewer is one of my most underrated players.. but definitely not a starter on a contending team.

Rudy had some Visa issues because the Mavs didn't complete his paperwork in time. He's definitely coming back and could be back as soon as Monday.

Brewer can't be a role playing defensive minded starter? Joel Anthony, Derek Fisher, Deshawn Stevenson, Daniel Gibson, etc. have been starters on NBA finals/championship teams, I certainly don't see why Corey Brewer can't start and play 15-20 minutes a game.

Clippersfan86
12-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Rudy had some Visa issues because the Mavs didn't complete his paperwork in time. He's definitely coming back and could be back as soon as Monday.

Brewer can't be a role playing defensive minded starter? Joel Anthony, Derek Fisher, Deshawn Stevenson, Daniel Gibson, etc. have been starters on NBA finals/championship teams, I certainly don't see why Corey Brewer can't start and play 15-20 minutes a game.

Mavs aren't built like the Lakers and Heat dude. Your strength has been balance and depth. Versatility. Lakers and Heat can afford to have more glaring weakness because they have 2 or 3 star players who share the load. Mavericks obviously depend on their balance and bench a lot more.

So no.... Brewer isn't a good NBA starter.

ballsohard247
12-09-2011, 09:58 PM

I thought Rudy wanted to go back to Spain? Guess he decided to give it a shot in Dallas.

Grinder
12-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Mavs aren't built like the Lakers and Heat dude. Your strength has been balance and depth. Versatility. Lakers and Heat can afford to have more glaring weakness because they have 2 or 3 star players who share the load. Mavericks obviously depend on their balance and bench a lot more.

So no.... Brewer isn't a good NBA starter.

Brewer's a 6'8" SG/SF that can defend 3 positions, finish in transition, and knock down the occasional 3. He had on off year shooting last year but he showed that he can knock down 3s consistently with the Wolves.

He's exactly the kind of guy that can play the same role that DeShawn Stevenson did last year. "Good NBA starter" or not, he's plenty capable of being a good contributor on an NBA team. Everyone knows Jason Terry will play the bulk of the minutes at the 2 anyway, so calling him a starter is in name only.

I thought Rudy wanted to go back to Spain? Guess he decided to give it a shot in Dallas.

On twitter today:

Sad because i still dont have my visa and i cant start to practice with my new teammates. I hope to be there soon. Go Mavs!!
7 hours ago

https://twitter.com/#!/rudy5fernandez

longtime lurker
12-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Vince Carter is a sack of sh!t. The Mavs would be wise to give his minutes to Fernandez and Beaubois.

Clippersfan86
12-09-2011, 10:05 PM
Brewer's a 6'8" SG/SF that can defend 3 positions, finish in transition, and knock down the occasional 3. He had on off year shooting last year but he showed that he can knock down 3s consistently with the Wolves.

He's exactly the kind of guy that can play the same role that DeShawn Stevenson did last year. "Good NBA starter" or not, he's plenty capable of being a good contributor on an NBA team. Everyone knows Jason Terry will play the bulk of the minutes at the 2 anyway, so calling him a starter is in name only.

Yea Brewer's a good player. Just a weaker starter on a CONTENDING team. I agree on him being same kind of player as Deshawn for you guys... I personally thought he should start over Deshawn.

swi7ch
12-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Rudy is their 2 guard (plus Terry). Why the hell are they bringing VC for?

R.I.P.
12-09-2011, 10:16 PM
Rudy is their 2 guard (plus Terry). Why the hell are they bringing VC for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo9-e8zfPX8

Good old times. :lol

AMISTILLILL
12-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Yea Brewer's a good player. Just a weaker starter on a CONTENDING team. I agree on him being same kind of player as Deshawn for you guys... I personally thought he should start over Deshawn.

To be fair, without Chandler, the odds of Dallas remaining a contender are looking fairly slim. Haywood has his work cut out for him, unless these rumors about Dalembert to the Mavs have legs.

Clippersfan86
12-09-2011, 10:23 PM
To be fair, without Chandler, the odds of Dallas remaining a contender are looking fairly slim. Haywood has his work cut out for him, unless these rumors about Dalembert to the Mavs have legs.

Yea... Dallas definitely not repeating IMO. Still a good team.. still a 3-5 seed but not "elite" anymore.

Kidd
Terry/Rudy
Brewer
Dirk
Haywood

Yea.... not the same team at all.

R.I.P.
12-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Yea... Dallas definitely not repeating IMO. Still a good team.. still a 3-5 seed but not "elite" anymore.

Kidd
Terry/Rudy
Brewer
Dirk
Haywood

**** did Shawn Marion die? :cry:

Clippersfan86
12-09-2011, 10:28 PM
**** did Shawn Marion die? :cry:

Oops. All the talk of Brewer being a starter got me confused. Forgot my man Matrix. Definitely him in lineup makes it better.... but if I was a Mavs fan I'd be upset. I understand the Mavs need more flexibility and youth going forward.. but I would of waited another 2 years or so before letting this much of the core go.

ballsohard247
12-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Oops. All the talk of Brewer being a starter got me confused. Forgot my man Matrix. Definitely him in lineup makes it better.... but if I was a Mavs fan I'd be upset. I understand the Mavs need more flexibility and youth going forward.. but I would of waited another 2 years or so before letting this much of the core go.
Can't blame them for allowing Chandler to get away though in my opinion. They just gave Haywood a big contract so Cuban isn't about to do the same with Chandler. At least he learns from his mistakes.

Clippersfan86
12-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Can't blame them for allowing Chandler to get away though in my opinion. They just gave Haywood a big contract so Cuban isn't about to do the same with Chandler. At least he learns from his mistakes.

Yea the Haywood signing fu**ed things up for sure. Plus Chandler is being a greedy prick all about the money. That fool thinks he's worth 15 mill? At the very least they could of kept Stephenson, Barea and maybe even Butler though.

ballsohard247
12-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Yea the Haywood signing fu**ed things up for sure. Plus Chandler is being a greedy prick all about the money. That fool thinks he's worth 15 mill? At the very least they could of kept Stephenson, Barea and maybe even Butler though.
That is a lot of turnover for one offseason but maybe they are confident they'll find some good players out there to take their place.

longtime lurker
12-09-2011, 10:37 PM

Kidd
Terry/Rudy
Brewer
Dirk
Haywood

I think their bench is their greatest strength now(well besides Dirk). They'd start Brewer for defensive purposes and have Terry, Beaubois and Marion off the bench. Chandler was the defensive backbone of that team he's one of those players who's impact goes beyond stats.

R.I.P.
12-09-2011, 10:40 PM
That is a lot of turnover for one offseason but maybe they are confident they'll find some good players out there to take their place.

They already kinda have.

Rudy to replace Stevenson.
Beaubois to replace Barea.
Carter to replace Peja.
Wright to replace Cardinal.
Brewer to replace the injured Butler.
Basically they are down Chandler more or less, which they

Clippersfan86
12-09-2011, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]They already kinda have.

Rudy to replace Stevenson.
Beaubois to replace Barea.
Carter to replace Peja.
Wright to replace Cardinal.
Brewer to replace the injured Butler.
Basically they are down Chandler more or less, which they

R.I.P.
12-09-2011, 10:43 PM
I suppose that's not too bad. Gotta wonder if those guys are the same do the dirty work, chemistry players though.

It will be a mess. It

Heavincent
12-09-2011, 10:49 PM

#NetsBigThreeReunion

Would be amazing :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Even though all three players are removed from their primes, it would still be incredible for me, since I'm a Nets fan.

Heavincent
12-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Hey, remember when everyone was so into the new, tough Mavs? That was a fun while it lasted.

You're still butthurt about Lebron getting raped by the Mavs in the Finals? Come on man, get over it.

R.I.P.
12-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Would be amazing :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Even though all three players are removed from their primes, it would still be incredible for me, since I'm a Nets fan.

..and then we trade you all three for Deron Williams. How does that sound? :applause: ;)

OriginalNameGuy
12-10-2011, 01:09 AM
What the hell Cuban? This isn't 2001 and VC is nothing more than a shotjacking waste of space at this point in his career

HurricaneKid
12-10-2011, 01:28 AM
I don't know if this showed up earlier in the thread (tl;dr) but VC took a 4M buyout on his 18M deal. Which means he gave back lots of millions of dollars to play on Dall. Thats a lot of motivation for a guy. I don't know that its a great signing but its clear Vince is going to put forth more than he has in years.

guy
12-10-2011, 01:49 AM
I don't know if this showed up earlier in the thread (tl;dr) but VC took a 4M buyout on his 18M deal. Which means he gave back lots of millions of dollars to play on Dall. Thats a lot of motivation for a guy. I don't know that its a great signing but its clear Vince is going to put forth more than he has in years.
Phoenix declined his option

OmniStrife
12-10-2011, 03:33 AM

Someone here wasn't watching Wince this year... :facepalm

EnoughSaid
12-10-2011, 03:39 AM

#NetsBigThreeReunion

And when Kenyon Martin comes back from China, he should go there too. :lol

AMISTILLILL
12-10-2011, 03:40 AM
I'm still confused why so many people are against this pick-up. The guy is signing for peanuts. It's a low-risk move to put another shooter on the bench. You saw how effective spot up shooters were for Dallas last season in the playoffs. Despite Carter's lack of heart or motivation, he can still shoot. This isn't Orlando where he's expected to be a primary scorer.

Should they have resigned Peja, who's practically immobile at this point due to back problems? :facepalm

fubu05
12-10-2011, 03:42 AM
Vince carter signing because Dallas working on bringing Dwight with 3 team trade with Atlanta-Orlando-Dallas.

OmniStrife
12-10-2011, 04:16 AM
I'm still confused why so many people are against this pick-up. The guy is signing for peanuts. It's a low-risk move to put another shooter on the bench. You saw how effective spot up shooters were for Dallas last season in the playoffs. Despite Carter's lack of heart or motivation, he can still shoot. This isn't Orlando where he's expected to be a primary scorer.

Should they have resigned Peja, who's practically immobile at this point due to back problems? :facepalm
That's the thing. He can't even shoot anymore.

disel
12-10-2011, 05:34 AM
VC just cant dunk allover people so he has to adjust his game. Improve the mid-range game and be smarter off the ball. As for RIP, last season he fin ished the latter half of the season averaging almost 20.He was fantastic at the tailend of the season. Unlike Vince he can still ball.

R.I.P.
12-10-2011, 05:41 AM

Exactly. The Mavs are counting on Vince to be a spot-up shooter and another piece to lure Dwight. He

BIG FURB
12-10-2011, 07:51 AM
That's the thing. He can't even shoot anymore.

Lets not start spouting BS just because the guy didn't work out for your team

DStebb716
12-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Vince carter signing because Dallas working on bringing Dwight with 3 team trade with Atlanta-Orlando-Dallas.

Uhm... What? First you say the Magic are going to give Dwight to Dallas for a trade exception, then you say VC is the key to a three team deal?

vinsanity2756
12-10-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm way biased, but I would love for him to sign with a team like the mavs. he's not the same player he once was , man i miss the '00-05 years where he would just dunk on everybody (including mutombo, zo mourning). but i guess i'm living in the past here :facepalm

D-Rose
12-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Not sure at all the hate. It's a very low risk deal and a guy like that off the bench will be great for the Mavs. He can still score the ball, and against second units, he should be even better.

kentatm
12-10-2011, 04:25 PM
http://barrynapierwriting.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/tin-man.jpg

fubu05
12-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Uhm... What? First you say the Magic are going to give Dwight to Dallas for a trade exception, then you say VC is the key to a three team deal?

You clearly haven't read everything I've posted correctly, and are just trying to make things up and put words I didn't say in my mouth. VC going because Cuban has said good friend Dwight may also come and chance at a championship is very high for him.

OmniStrife
12-11-2011, 01:47 AM
Lets not start spouting BS just because the guy didn't work out for your team
Please. How many chances does a dude get after playing like garbage?? :facepalm

paperstreet
12-11-2011, 02:51 AM
Kidd Carter Marion Dirk Odom........ what a team that would have been in 2004

LakersReign
12-11-2011, 02:57 AM
Don't really know what exactly happened to VC, but he's no longer the player he used to be. He did show flashes of his former self in the playoffs against Boston, but just couldn't quite go off like we've seen him do in the past. May be a bad fit here too, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Bird
12-11-2011, 02:57 AM
Kidd Marion Dirk ........ what a team that was in 2011

:cheers: