PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James: ''Jews suck at basketball"

winwin
11-14-2011, 01:16 PM
LeBron James was the target of some Old Testament aggression after a Jewish league basketball game this week ... when a man in the gym UNLOADED on the NBA star over an alleged anti-Semetic comment.

As we previously reported, LBJ was a last minute fill-in for a team at the Mandel Jewish Community Center in Ohio Monday night ... and his team, CRUSHED their opponents.

But after the game, LBJ was verbally accosted by a man who worked at the kosher sandwich shop inside the center -- who claims he heard LeBron telling his buddies, "These Jews suck at basketball."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/13/lebron-james-alleged-drama-at-jewish-basketball-game/?adid=hero2#.TsEfWT1KOoA

32Dayz
11-14-2011, 01:17 PM
:facepalm

Legends66NBA7
11-14-2011, 01:17 PM
If true, RRR3 won't be pleased...

Andrei89
11-14-2011, 01:18 PM
pretty sure not true

Another epic fail by Lebron haters:lol

DaPerceive
11-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Probably true. I think there was an incident when he was with the Cavs where he refused to sign an autograph for a lady for whatever reason, and then he started to talk shit about them with his Cleveland teammates at the hotel. I think there is a YouTube video on that.

Real Men Wear Green
11-14-2011, 01:24 PM
An unrecorded second-hand account is easily denied. James' reps could even claim he said, "these dudes suck at basketball" and he was just misheard. This story won't be a big deal.

SpecialQue
11-14-2011, 01:26 PM
It's clear Lebron's never seen this:

http://www.thefirstbasket.com/

hammer2010
11-14-2011, 01:29 PM
It's clear Lebron's never seen this:

http://www.thefirstbasket.com/

Even then they want your money. :lol

RRR3
11-14-2011, 01:32 PM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/938314-lebron-james-miami-heat-star-smart-to-ignore-insane-anti-semitic-allegations

I don't think LeBron would say this. If he did though I will have a hard time continuing to cheer for him depending on the context. I think this is just more anti-LeBron bs tho.

B-Low
11-14-2011, 01:33 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm2sntkIHI1qb2915.png

OmniStrife
11-14-2011, 01:34 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm2sntkIHI1qb2915.png
:applause: Repped

DuMa
11-14-2011, 01:35 PM
its true though

32Dayz
11-14-2011, 01:40 PM
its true though

Wally Zerbiak says hello.

B-Low
11-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Wally Zerbiak says hello.

He also says "spell my damn name right"

Sarcastic
11-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Isn't Amar'e Stoudemire Jewish?

32Dayz
11-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Isn't Amar'e Stoudemire Jewish?

Ah yea I forgot about that.

:applause:

Amar'e Stoudemire tweeted just last week that he was going to Israel, stating that he wanted to learn about "who we R."

Now, the fog is clearing, and according to haaretz.com, the Knicks power forward's trip to Israel comes in light of his learning that his mother is Jewish. As sbnation.com pointed out, this means that Stoudemire is also Jewish.

He seems to be embracing his newly discovered religious roots, as he is quickly picking up on some Hebrew, as he noted in his latest tweet, and has ended each of his last two with "Shalom."

Other Jewish NBA players are Jordan Farmar and Omri Casspi. If Duke guard Jon Scheyer makes an NBA team, he will be added to the list, as well.

UPDATE: Stoudemire's agent tells TMZ, "I know there are some reports that he is Jewish, but he is not. He thinks there may be some Jewish blood on his mother's side and he is researching it." Read TMZ for more.

Kobe 4 The Win
11-14-2011, 01:47 PM
I think Lebron is a douche. He is clearly dumb enough to have said this. However, is it possible the guy was gving Lebron shit for leaving the Cavs and then came up wit this so-called anti-semetic comment from James as a means to justify it. The guy got suspended from his job behind this, maybe he was trying to find an excuse to cover his ass. I need more proof than the word of one guy from a sandwich shop. What other "witnesses" (no pun intended) were there?

OhNoTimNoSho
11-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Factually correct statement.

RRR3
11-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Factually correct statement.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2009/11/amare-stoudemire-laughing-1109-150.jpg

bagelred
11-14-2011, 01:56 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/28vwytd.jpg

RRR3
11-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Further research makes me believe this is yet another attempt to make LBJ look bad.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/10/lebron-james-orthodox-jew-rabbi-pinto-new-york-business-guidance-spiritual-advisor-kaballah/#.Tr25IVaa-eQ
http://www.americansuperstarmag.com/celebrity-news/lebron-james-alleged-mishegas-at-jewish-basketball-game

If you think about it, the OP has a clear agenda against LBJ and probably cummed himself when he read about this.

pegasus
11-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Further research makes me believe this is yet another attempt to make LBJ look bad.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/10/lebron-james-orthodox-jew-rabbi-pinto-new-york-business-guidance-spiritual-advisor-kaballah/#.Tr25IVaa-eQ
http://www.americansuperstarmag.com/celebrity-news/lebron-james-alleged-mishegas-at-jewish-basketball-game

If you think about it, the OP has a clear agenda against LBJ and probably cummed himself when he read about this.

He also didn't whisper to Wade, "She's retarded", referring to a female reporter during a press conference last year.

He always says and does the right things. That's why he is loved by hundreds.:applause:

kentatm
11-14-2011, 02:17 PM
wait...

if I am reading this correctly, he simply said the Jews he was playing with sucked at basketball.

How is that offensive?

If I said "These Catholics suck at basketball" would I be making an anti Catholic remark?

pegasus
11-14-2011, 02:29 PM
wait...

if I am reading this correctly, he simply said the Jews he was playing with sucked at basketball.

How is that offensive?

If I said "These Catholics suck at basketball" would I be making an anti Catholic remark?

He allegedly said, "Jews suck at basketball". Even "These Jews..." would have been offensive. Why couldn't he just say "These guys..."?

JohnnyWall
11-14-2011, 02:30 PM
A black person being racist? How shocking.. :rolleyes:

PistonsFan#21
11-14-2011, 02:43 PM
A black person being racist? How shocking.. :rolleyes:

i dont know if you see the irony in your post :hammerhead:

OmniStrife
11-14-2011, 02:48 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/28vwytd.jpg
The Schvartze had me rolling!! :roll:

Nick Young
11-14-2011, 03:06 PM
its true though
Casspi, Farmar, Amar'e, that is three NBA players, for such a small section of the population we're doing quite well for ourselves. Not to mention the Jewish GOAT Micky Berkowitz the Kosher mamba

Nick Young
11-14-2011, 03:08 PM
wait...

How is that offensive?

What if Adam Morrison went to Rucker park and beat a team of black guys and then was heard telling his friends "those blacks suck at basketball"?

Dave3
11-14-2011, 03:20 PM
He allegedly said, "Jews suck at basketball".
Not true. If you bothered to read the article instead of believing a troll, you'd know. Not to mention all of this is "allegedly" and was not only denied by him, but members of his team (the Jewish ones belonging to the community center).

Has this board really been made into a bunch of school girls gossiping? TMZ? :facepalm

I guess this is the most exciting news available without actual basketball.

scm5
11-14-2011, 03:24 PM
"dudes" and "jews" sound reasonably close enough that someone might have misheard.

ZenMaster
11-14-2011, 03:47 PM
This is weird.

I get that it's offensive for whatever reason, but why is it offensive and why are they mad?

So he was playing against a bunch of (complete team?) of jews.

He said they sucked while calling them jews, but aren't they jews? Playing in a jewish highlighted event.
What makes them angry? That he called them jews or that they suck?
If they're jews why can't he call them jews when saying this? People should be proud of their religion even if they suck at playing basketball no?
Why do people make it sound like that saying "jew" is like saying "ni99er"?

Why is it offensive to call a jew a jew in a jewish event? It's not like he called a non-jew a jew with a second meaning to it, no these guys where actual jews.

Much love for the US politcal correctness.

Nick Young
11-14-2011, 03:49 PM
This is weird.

I get that it's offensive for whatever reason, but why is it offensive and why are they mad?

So he was playing against a bunch of (complete team?) of jews.

He said they sucked while calling them jews, but aren't they jews? Playing in a jewish highlighted event.
What makes them angry? That he called them jews or that they suck?
If they're jews why can't he call them jews when saying this? People should be proud of their religion even if they suck at playing basketball no?
Why do people make it sound like that saying "jew" is like saying "ni99er"?

Why is it offensive to call a jew a jew in a jewish event? It's not like he called a non-jew a jew with a second meaning to it, no these guys where actual jews.

Much love for the US politcal correctness.
What if Larry Bird went to play in an all black basketball rec league and dominated and then was heard saying "those blacks suck at basketball"

That isn't racist to you?

ZenMaster
11-14-2011, 03:58 PM
What if Larry Bird went to play in an all black basketball rec league and dominated and then was heard saying "those blacks suck at basketball"

That isn't racist to you?

There's a difference between religion and race.

The example of him playing against a team of catholics saying "these catholics suck at basketball".

Is that racist to you?

Nick Young
11-14-2011, 04:01 PM
There's a difference between religion and race.

The example of him playing against a team of catholics saying "these catholics suck at basketball".

Is that racist to you?
Catholicism isn't passed down through blood like Judaism is.

ZenMaster
11-14-2011, 04:06 PM

It's still a religion.

Dave3
11-14-2011, 04:07 PM
:wtf: I can't tell if you're serious and don't know, or if you're purposely trying to play dumb...

Nick Young
11-14-2011, 04:09 PM
:wtf: I can't tell if you're serious and don't know, or if you're purposely trying to play dumb...
I'm serious.

pegasus
11-14-2011, 04:09 PM

You are an idiot, if you don't get what he's saying.

greensborohill
11-14-2011, 04:12 PM
LOL, LeBron no ring in 11/12, how U?

WindmiLL
11-14-2011, 04:12 PM

The only idiot here is you, and that Nick Young guy...

Dave3
11-14-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm serious.
And why is one religion passed through blood while another isn't?

Dave3
11-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I'm the idiot. If you're Jewish you're Jewish by blood, but if you're Christian or Muslim you're not. I'd bet that if you tried explaining what he's saying and he explained it, your explanations wouldn't even be the same.

Go back to not reading articles and making up stuff. You're better at that.

Deuce Bigalow
11-14-2011, 04:16 PM
LOL, LeBron no ring in 11/12, how U?

lolbron

Nick Young
11-14-2011, 04:18 PM
And why is one religion passed through blood while another isn't?
Because to be considered Jewish your mother has to be Jewish. It is a part of the Jewish religion to have Jewish blood from the mothers side. Yes you can convert but it takes 3 years and intense study and it's hard to find rabbis who will convert people with no Jewish ancestry.

Catholocism you just get dipped in water, anyone can do it, it doesn't require a catholic mother or father. Islam also there are many converts. Most rabbis don't even consider converts to be Jews. Unlike other religions you have to be born in to Judaism.

Dave3
11-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Because to be considered Jewish your mother has to be Jewish. It is a part of the Jewish religion to have Jewish blood from the mothers side. Yes you can convert but it takes 3 years and intense study and it's hard to find rabbis who will convert people with no Jewish ancestry.

Catholocism you just get dipped in water, anyone can do it, it doesn't require a catholic mother or father.
If you're born Jewish do you have to stay Jewish?

Nick Young
11-14-2011, 04:20 PM
No, look at Bob Dylan.

Also Karl Marx and Albert Einstein stopped considering themselves Jewish.

But most rabbis still considered them Jewish because they were born Jews, I'm not really religious at all so I don't care what they want to consider themselves but for me as a Jew and from all I have learned about my religion, especially how we are still treated in many parts of Europe, how I've personally been treated when my classmates in the Middle East learned I was Jewish and how Judaism is passed down through blood, this would piss me off to hear and yes honestly I consider Jews to basically be a race.

Dave3
11-14-2011, 04:23 PM

Catholocism you just get dipped in water, anyone can do it, it doesn't require a catholic mother or father.

If you can convert to Judiasm without Jewish heritage, and you don't have to stay Jewish if you're born into the religion, it's still not really passed by blood.

Though if there are special rules if you have no Jewish heritage, then I can understand that. Doesn't the Bar Mitzvah have a similar study period?

Nick Young
11-14-2011, 04:25 PM

If you can convert to Judiasm without Jewish heritage, and you don't have to stay Jewish if you're born into the religion, it's still not really passed by blood.

Though if there are special rules if you have no Jewish heritage, then I can understand that. Doesn't the Bar Mitzvah have a similar study period?
It is only 0.5% of Jews are converts, probably lower than that.

pegasus
11-14-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm not Jewish, but I knew about all the stuff Nick Young just posted.

Dave 3, you are an idiot and ignorant. Go back to playing with your ABC blocks.

Lebowsky
11-14-2011, 04:34 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to read LeBron stole Christmas, at this point.

WindmiLL
11-14-2011, 04:37 PM

You knew it all? Why didn't you post a word about it until now, when Young pretty much explained it all? I think you were online all the time.....

pegasus
11-14-2011, 04:42 PM
You knew it all? Why didn't you post a word about it until now, when Young pretty much explained it all? I think you were online all the time.....

Are you saying that you didn't know any of it, either? Don't you guys read any books any more?:facepalm

pauk
11-14-2011, 04:43 PM
lebron haters trying so damn hard.... :roll:

remember Lebron haters... stop trying to find reasons to hate him... you dont hate him for anything except that he is the best player and better than your favorite player.... that is the only reason you "HATE" him....

pauk
11-14-2011, 04:47 PM
The man tells TMZ ... he definitely fired off some choice words to King James -- including, "Princess James Get out of Cleveland" and "F**k you, you ruined the NBA."

The man says he was later contacted by his boss, who suspended him from his job for 3 days over the verbal attack.

A rep for James tells TMZ LeBron did not make the comment in question.

TMZ received a statement from a Jewish member of the team LeBron was playing with that night -- who tells us the allegation is "nonsense" ... and insists LeBron couldn't have been nicer to everyone at the JCC, both Jews and non-Jews.

For the record, LeBron has a pretty good relationship with the Jews -- besides dabbling the in the Hebrew basketball league ... he's also tight with a pretty famous orthodox rabbi.

:rolleyes:

pegasus

remember Lebron haters... stop trying to find reasons to hate him... you dont hate him for anything except that he is the best player and better than your favorite player.... that is the only reason you "HATE" him....

He is the best player again now because he dunked on an 8-year old kid the other day? :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Nick Young

I hate him because of his dancing on the sidelines when running up the score against a Bulls team missing its 4 best players in a regular season game, promising Cleveland a title and then leaving, promising to be in the dunk contest and then no going, his mental weakness when he always chokes in big moments and because he always is dunking on little kids knocking them to the floor.

Otherwise I'd be ok with this guy.

Dave3
11-14-2011, 04:50 PM

Yeah, I don't know about that, so I'm ignorant. So if I don't know something that someone else does, it makes me ignorant right?

Pretty sure you're ignorant about Christianity, ancient Jewish Scripture (Pentatuach), electronics, medicine, biology, Canadian history, psychology, sociology, anthropology etc. since there are people who know more about those than you right (and I probably know more about most of those topics)? And it's very easy to come in later and be like "I knew that." It's also not believable when you demonstrate you can barely read a TMZ article let alone actual books.

And to Nick Young - I actually didn't know that, but how does the normal Bar/Bat Mitzvah studying differ from the studying a convert would have to go through?

Nick Young
11-14-2011, 04:57 PM
And to Nick Young - I actually didn't know that, but how does the normal Bar/Bat Mitzvah studying differ from the studying a convert would have to go through?
I dunno exactly, just that the convert needs to learn Hebrew and to read Torah. There is no set time for bar mitzvah study though, me for example I only decided I wanted one 6 months before I turned 13, mostly because I wanted all the money and gifts my older sister got when she turned 13, selfish but true, so we found Chabad rabbis, a weird strict branch of judaism, where I didn't need to learn Hebrew and just read english transliterations of the torah text. I just know for converts it's really strict and not like that. You can google if you want to learn more

knickswin
11-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Amar'e isn't really Jewish . . .

pauk
11-14-2011, 05:02 PM
I hate him

whoa.. thats a strong word... you "HATE" lebron? what has he done to you? :eek:

because of his dancing on the sidelines when running up the score against a Bulls team missing its 4 best players in a regular season game,

Wrong statement by Lebron hater #1...

He "danced" and had a good time with his teammates ALWAYS, every single game... blowout or a loss... he would always do that.... because thats the kindof a guy he is.... a funny guy, a clown, who loves his teammates..... it never was anything personal.... EVERYBODY knows that...

The reason this became some news is because that cocky/trashtalking idiot called Joakim Noah opened his mouth at Lebron while he was shooting freethrows, obviously felt somewhat butthurt for the blowout....

So please.... get your facts correctly....

promising Cleveland a title and then leaving,

Wrong statement by Lebron hater #2...

1. He NEVER promised Cleveland a title... he only said that his GOAL was to win a championship in Cleveland and that he would do his best to do it WHILE HE WAS THERE........

2. He didnt technically LEAVE... he was a free-agent... but whatever...

promising to be in the dunk contest and then no going,

Wrong statement by Lebron hater #3...

Lebron NEVER promised to be in the dunk contest... he only preliminary put his name out there...

"Preliminary = Usually serving as a temporary or intermediate step to something "

which means its not a PROMISE... but a MAYBE....

:facepalm

his mental weakness when he always chokes in big moments

always? always? as far as i remember he "choked" only 3-4 games against the Mavs and 3-4 games against the Spurs when he was 21 years old in the Finals.... the rest of the playoff series (which are all BIG MOMENTS mind you) he did NOT choke.... or does NOTHING else matter except how you play in the absolutely last elimination game?

With that logic... do you "HATE" Kobe now to because he choked against the Mavs, getting swept, early in the playoffs??? :confusedshrug:

and because he always is dunking on little kids knocking them to the floor.

lmfao............ you seriously believe he does that with intentions or even harmful intentions? jesus freakin christ... this guy... :facepalm

Otherwise I'd be ok with this guy.

im sure of that...

you have been exposed....

just stop posting... and when you do at least just say: "I hate Lebron for no apparent reason.... just.. he is better than Kobe and yea.. i dont like it... so uhh... yea..."

RRR3
11-14-2011, 05:06 PM

Gtfo you putz. You are the ignorant one. ****ing dumbass. Don't act like you are all righteously offended by something lbj probably didn't day when it doesn't apply to you anyways. You're just looking for excused to bash LeBron as usual. Your agenda is so obvious.

Nick Young
11-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Does game 5 vs the Celtics in 2010 not count as choking? Does game 6 vs Orlando in 2009 not count as choking? Does game 1 vs Celtics in 2008 not count as choking?

pegasus
11-14-2011, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I don't know about that, so I'm ignorant. So if I don't know something that someone else does, it makes me ignorant right?

Pretty sure you're ignorant about Christianity, ancient Jewish Scripture (Pentatuach), electronics, medicine, biology, Canadian history, psychology, sociology, anthropology etc. since there are people who know more about those than you right (and I probably know more about most of those topics)? And it's very easy to come in later and be like "I knew that." It's also not believable when you demonstrate you can barely read a TMZ article let alone actual books.

You were talking out of your ass, pretending to know about the Judaism, asking Nick Young if he was playing dumb, etc.

I would not act like I know all about most of those topics you listed, so no, we are not on the same boat.

pegasus
11-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Gtfo you putz. You are the ignorant one. ****ing dumbass. Don't act like you are all righteously offended by something lbj probably didn't day when it doesn't apply to you anyways. You're just looking for excused to bash LeBron as usual. Your agenda is so obvious.

I never said I was offended. But you should have, when he called that reporter retarded.

kentatm
11-14-2011, 05:12 PM

Jews are NOT a race

Sorry but they just aren't

so you can't call what LeBron said racist.

as for the example of what if Adam Morrison beating some black dudes at Rucker and saying those blacks sucked...

If they were black and sucked, what is the problem?

pegasus
11-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Jews are NOT a race

We get it, but it's as close as it can get to being a race.

Are Jews a Race?

In the 1980s, the United States Supreme Court ruled that Jews are a race, at least for purposes of certain anti-discrimination laws. Their reasoning: at the time these laws were passed, people routinely spoke of the "Jewish race" or the "Italian race" as well as the "Negro race," so that is what the legislators intended to protect.

But many Jews were deeply offended by that decision, offended by any hint that Jews could be considered a race. The idea of Jews as a race brings to mind nightmarish visions of Nazi Germany, where Jews were declared to be not just a race, but an inferior race that had to be rounded up into ghettos and exterminated like vermin.

http://www.jewfaq.org/judaism.htm#Race

Dave3
11-14-2011, 05:16 PM
You were talking out of your ass, pretending to know about the Judaism, asking Nick Young if he was playing dumb, etc.

I would not act like I know all about most of those topics you listed, so no, we are not on the same boat.
Um, you can convert to Judiasm and you can be born into it, without being considered Jewish....that means it's not a passed on or genetic thing.

Your religion is your beliefs. Beliefs can be adopted or forsaken regardless of genetics or origin. I didn't pretend I knew anything about Judiasm, I was referring to the general construct of religion/belief.

Yes Judiasm is easier to be born into with more hurdles if you're not (which I admit I didn't know, and never claimed I did), but it's not "blood" transferable.

pegasus
11-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Um, you can convert to Judiasm and you can be born into it, without being considered Jewish....that means it's not a passed on or genetic thing.

Your religion is your beliefs. Beliefs can be adopted or forsaken regardless of genetics or origin. I didn't pretend I knew anything about Judiasm, I was referring to the general construct of religion/belief.

Yes Judiasm is easier to be born into with more hurdles if you're not (which I admit I didn't know, and never claimed I did), but it's not "blood" transferable.

You know more about it now than you did half an hour ago.:cheers:

No shame in learning new things. I do it all the time.

kentatm
11-14-2011, 05:22 PM
We get it, but it's as close as it can get to being a race.

Are Jews a Race?

In the 1980s, the United States Supreme Court ruled that Jews are a race, at least for purposes of certain anti-discrimination laws. Their reasoning: at the time these laws were passed, people routinely spoke of the "Jewish race" or the "Italian race" as well as the "Negro race," so that is what the legislators intended to protect.

But many Jews were deeply offended by that decision, offended by any hint that Jews could be considered a race. The idea of Jews as a race brings to mind nightmarish visions of Nazi Germany, where Jews were declared to be not just a race, but an inferior race that had to be rounded up into ghettos and exterminated like vermin.

http://www.jewfaq.org/judaism.htm#Race

an ignorant, though well meaning, court decision that many Jews don't agree with does not a race make

Dave3
11-14-2011, 05:23 PM
You know more about it now than you did half an hour ago.:cheers:

No shame in learning new things. I do it all the time.
I know. I admit I didn't know that aspect. Still doesn't change the point that it's a religion and can both be rejected by those who are born into it, and adopted by those not, just like any other religion or belief system in the world.

And just because legally it's considered a race in one country for the sake of labeling them as minorities, it's not actually a race, by definition of the word.

rodman91
11-14-2011, 05:25 PM
There is nothing offensive about "jews suck at basketball." White men can't jump.Black men can't swim. Who would feel offended about these?

pegasus
11-14-2011, 05:27 PM
an ignorant, though well meaning, court decision that many Jews don't agree with does not a race make

AGAIN, I did not say that they are a race. It is closer than any other religion, though.

If Lebron said that, which, knowing his track record, I cannot put it past him, it was a wrong thing to do. There are not enough definitions in this world for you guys to try and convince me otherwise.

Derka
11-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Is there some kind of video proof of this or was it just some guy who decided to say it so TMZ would give him $500 for some gossipy shit? Cos honestly, it sounds like Lebron did a pretty cool thing showing up there.

LJJ
11-14-2011, 05:55 PM

Sorry, but you are just wrong. The Jewish people and Judaism exist separately. You can be a Jew but not believe in Judaism. The same doesn't not apply for Christians or Muslims. You can be 'of Jewish descent', you can't be 'of Christian descent'.

Dave3
11-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Sorry, but you are just wrong. The Jewish people and Judaism exist separately. You can be a Jew but not believe in Judaism. The same doesn't not apply for Christians or Muslims. You can be 'of Jewish descent', you can't be 'of Christian descent'.
NVM. Looked it up.

Math2
11-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Dolph Schayes lol

KevinNYC
11-14-2011, 08:28 PM
An unrecorded second-hand account is easily denied. James' reps could even claim he said, "these dudes suck at basketball" and he was just misheard. This story won't be a big deal.

Not did you eat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaPBhxXhprg)

KevinNYC
11-14-2011, 09:10 PM
........how Judaism is passed down through blood, this would piss me off to hear and yes honestly I consider Jews to basically be a race.

Jews are not a race and there is some ethnic diversity among Jews. There is a difference between the Jews of Europe and the Jewish population that was from India, or Iraq or Iran.

For example, these are Jews from Ethiopia
http://afrotraveler.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Beta-Israel-300x199.jpg

Among European populations of Jews the Sephardic Jews (http://www.google.com/imgres?q=sephardic&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&rlz=1C1_____enUS444US444&nord=1&biw=853&bih=545&tbm=isch&tbnid=VA8ZP2eTdypciM:&imgrefurl=http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photo-young-sephardic-jewish-man-image14997600&docid=9a5u9JnG03_Q4M&imgurl=http://www.dreamstime.com/young-sephardic-jewish-man-thumb14997600.jpg&w=299&h=450&ei=HLjBTt-1OYig2AXe0sSTBQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=408&sig=116562244940395351848&page=8&tbnh=163&tbnw=132&start=61&ndsp=8&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:61&tx=67&ty=35) who lived in Spain and Portugal before 1492 tend to have darker skin than the Ashkenazi Jews like Woody Allen who lived in middle and eastern Europe.

Also Jewish identity passes through the mother, but it's not spoken in terms of blood or genes, it's considered the Jewish soul passes to the child.

Bigsmoke
11-14-2011, 11:09 PM
He's right.

U seen Kyle from South Park play basketball? He sucked

Take Your Lumps
11-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Relevant (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krjQ3TNFK3w)

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-14-2011, 11:34 PM
wait...

How is that offensive?

I am 100% sure you'd never ever say, "These jews suck at basketball" in public.

Phong
11-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Not only he is antisemitic but a poor hardworking guy got suspended 3 days for calling him out? Reminds me of those waiters who called out LeBron for being a poor tipper and then the restaurant owner denying the whole incident to keep LeBron's return business. :facepalm