PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose's Anemic Stats Against FIBA Competition

Euroleague
08-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Since this forum is flooded with idiots that claim Derrick Rose would "dominate Euroleague", "win 10 MVPs and championships in Euroleague", "average 50/20/10 in Euroleague", "average 80/30/20 in Euroleague", etc.

It's about time to put this insane and ludicrous myth to rest here. The fact is that Derrick Rose would absolutely suck in the Euroleague. He cannot properly run an offense. He cannot properly run the pick and roll. He cannot shoot from Euroleague 3 point distance. He is a total ball hog. He is a chucker. Without the ball in his hands, he is absolutely useless on offense. He is an incredibly huge turnover machine.

He relies on NBA rules (no true zone defense allowed, no hand checking allowed, defensive 3 seconds rule, and NBA refs that give "superstar treatment") to inflate and exaggerate his basketball ability.

He plays in a league (NBA) where the point guards are small and where there is almost no physical contact allowed, and where he can automatically get free throws by simply lunging into the paint and throwing himself to the floor.

In the Euroleague, literally every strength of his NBA game would be taken away and literally every weakness of his NBA game would be accentuated.

Also, in the Euroleague, they don't just give out assists for any pass to a score. You have to actually earn the assist. So people that think he could average as many assists in Euroleague as he does in the NBA are totally delusional.

We have already seen Derrick Rose playing under a FIBA system and rules. The result was --->

http://www.turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/10/fwcm/player/p/eid/4728/pid/61798/rid//sid/4728/tid/379/profile.html

Derrick Rose 2010 FIBA World Championship Stats:

23.1 Minutes Per Game

45.8 Field Goal %
27.8 3 Point Field Goal %
50.0 Free Throw %

7.2 Points Per Game
3.2 Assists Per Game
2.1 Rebounds Per Game

1.1 Steals Per Game
0.3 Blocks Per Game
1.6 Turnovers Per Game

And this was with extremely friendly to Team USA reffing during the entire tournament. Something he would not get if he was playing in the Euroleague.

Simply put, Derrick Rose would flat out suck if he was in the Euroleague.

SAKOTXA
08-28-2011, 05:57 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :facepalm

Peteballa
08-28-2011, 05:58 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/Burninmaphone/Gifs/fryrave.gif

Vienceslav
08-28-2011, 06:01 PM
You forgot to mention that he is from Chicago and has 40 inch vertical you probably did not get the memo.

SunsCaptain
08-28-2011, 06:04 PM
:facepalm

Jan95
08-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Probably when he would get use to game here, he could average something like 20/5/5. You have to know, that in Europe there are way less assists, not because of less passing, but because of different counting of it. Of current American players I can see only Durant and maybe Howard/Wade averaging more than 30ppg.

8BeastlyXOIAD
08-28-2011, 06:05 PM
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/86445-3/Fatkid_creepy_look.gif

Euroleague
08-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Probably when he would get use to game here, he could average something like 20/5/5. You have to know, that in Europe there are way less assists, not because of less passing, but because of different counting of it. Of current American players I can see only Durant and maybe Howard/Wade averaging more than 30ppg.

WTF? There is no way in hell that he would average 20 a game in Euroleague. And there is not a player on the planet that could average 30 in the Euroleague.

Sampsonsimpson
08-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Hmm not sure this is relevant. First he only played 23 minutes a game, only had 1.6 turnovers, had a pretty good FG% and was on a team with Durant (Who dominated) and other NBA stars.

Players who play on these FIBA and Olympic teams always have a drop in their stats because they are sharing the spotlight an playing significantly less minutes than they normally would.

I believe Jordan only averaged 8 points or so on the 92 Dream Team and we all know how that turned out
:cheers:

Jan95
08-28-2011, 06:14 PM
WTF? There is no way in hell that he would average 20 a game in Euroleague. And there is not a player on the planet that could average 30 in the Euroleague.
He could, after a year or two in Euroleague, with a proper attitude and good coach... in the best case 20...

@RRR3
No way Lebron could average 30. He would be fouled out every night and travels in every play. Melo, maybe... cause is great shooter. Kobe, nah, not at this age...

Euroleague
08-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Say what? Melo, Kobe, LBJ would all get 30 easily.

No player on Earth would average 30 in the Euroleague. You have absolutely zero general basketball knowledge if you believe any of those players could average 30 in the Euroleague. Absolutely zero general basketball knowledge.

Euroleague
08-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Hmm not sure this is relevant. First he only played 23 minutes a game, only had 1.6 turnovers, had a pretty good FG% and was on a team with Durant (Who dominated) and other NBA stars.

Players who play on these FIBA and Olympic teams always have a drop in their stats because they are sharing the spotlight an playing significantly less minutes than they normally would.

I believe Jordan only averaged 8 points or so on the 92 Dream Team and we all know how that turned out
:cheers:

Even most of the top players in Euroleague average about 25 minutes per game. He would not be playing that many more minutes in Euroleague, considering that the average starter in Euroleague plays about 20 minutes a game.

His 3 point field goal percentage was 27.8 with a shorter 3 point line than the Euroleague uses. Also, I was referring to his turnover rate in the NBA playoffs, which was awful.

We saw how turnover prone he is when the defense is keyed on him and he is running all the plays in the NBA playoffs. In the Euroelague, that would be even further accentuated because of the true zone defense, allowance of hand checking, less space to operate, and allowance of more physical contact.

Without being able to shoot from long distance, teams would really zone on him and sag off him and pack the paint (no defensive 3 seconds rule). Less passing space, because of a smaller court and true zone allowed (you do not have to be within an arm's length of the defender like under the NBA "zone")..............it would mean a ton of turnovers for him playing in the Euroleague.

Euroleague
08-28-2011, 06:21 PM
He could, after a year or two in Euroleague, with a proper attitude and good coach... in the best case 20...

@RRR3
No way Lebron could average 30. He would be fouled out every night and travels in every play. Melo, maybe... cause is great shooter. Kobe, nah, not at this age...

Explain to me how anyone is going to average 30 a game with true FIBA rules and 40 minute games. I am sorry, but no way in hell.

The last guy to average 30 in Euroleague was Galis and that was about 20 years ago, and the pace then was significantly higher than it is now and the defense was significantly worse than it is now. Galis was an out of this world scoring machine (far above what Rose, Melo, Howard, LeBron could ever be scoring wise) and I see absolutely no way that he could average 30 in Euroleague if he was playing today.

I don't see any way that any NBA player would even sniff near 30 a game in Euroleague. 23 a game is about the absolute maximum I see being possible for any NBA player in the Euroleague.

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-28-2011, 06:24 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/qxnudv.gif

alenleomessi
08-28-2011, 06:24 PM
he wouldnt suck but i dont think he will be the best player in euroleague
something like 18/4/5

GreatGreg
08-28-2011, 06:37 PM
OP is retarded.
If Anthony Parker won the MVP over there, Rose would DOMINATE.

Jan95
08-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Explain to me how anyone is going to average 30 a game with true FIBA rules and 40 minute games. I am sorry, but no way in hell.

The last guy to average 30 in Euroleague was Galis and that was about 20 years ago, and the pace then was significantly higher than it is now and the defense was significantly worse than it is now. Galis was an out of this world scoring machine (far above what Rose, Melo, Howard, LeBron could ever be scoring wise) and I see absolutely no way that he could average 30 in Euroleague if he was playing today.

I don't see any way that any NBA player would even sniff near 30 a game in Euroleague. 23 a game is about the absolute maximum I see being possible for any NBA player in the Euroleague.
Durant was last year absolutely dominate on World Championship, he averaged 23/6/5, and with a little more experience I think he could easily average something around 30... and you must also consider that he for a Team USA, which means that he had a lot more egoistic teammates than he would have in a club.

Euroleague
08-28-2011, 06:58 PM
OP is retarded.
If Anthony Parker won the MVP over there, Rose would DOMINATE.

You are the one who is retarded. Only a retard could think Derrick Rose would dominate the Euroleague.

Euroleague
08-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Durant was last year absolutely dominate on World Championship, he averaged 23/6/5, and with a little more experience I think he could easily average something around 30... and you must also consider that he for a Team USA, which means that he had a lot more egoistic teammates than he would have in a club.

Are you actually saying that he would be allowed to play like that throughout an entire Euroleague season, without the opposing teams just completely zoning up on him individually?

And 30 points a game is a hell of a lot different than 23 a game, and FYI, that was the best Durant has ever played in his entire life. He has not even played near that well since then.

GreatGreg
08-28-2011, 07:01 PM
You are the one who is retarded. Only a retard could think Derrick Rose would dominate the Euroleague.
:roll:
Anthony Parker was the two time MVP of the Euroleague, and your telling me Rose wouldn't dominate over there? :roll:

Euroleague
08-28-2011, 07:03 PM
So Anthony Parker>Derrick Rose? :facepalm

First of all, that was prime Anthony Parker.

Second of all, the Euroleague was much weaker then than it is now.

Third, yes, prime Anthony Parker would definitely be a much better Euroleague player than current Derrick Rose. Without any question.

33teeth
Why is this troll allowed to post? Why is allowed to post thread after thread about the Euroleague in an NBA forum?

Oh, and he's a retard.

Euroleague
Anthony Parker was the two time MVP of the Euroleague, and your telling me Rose wouldn't dominate over there? :roll:

You earned an ignore.

GreatGreg
08-28-2011, 07:04 PM
You earned an ignore.
Ok, so that means I win.
Rose would massacre the competition over there.

RRR3
08-28-2011, 07:04 PM

Third, yes, prime Anthony Parker would definitely be a much better Euroleague player than current Derrick Rose. Without any question.
Anthony Parker had a prime? :roll:

Euroleague
08-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Wait, so when someone proves you to be an idiot, you just ignore them? LOL pathetic.

You earned one too. All you are doing is trolling the thread and trying to derail it because you know it is true and it pisses you off. That is what is pathetic.

catch24
08-28-2011, 07:09 PM
The only other loser that goes to these epic trolling lengths is Bladers. I'm assuming neither one of you has anything better to do than provoke and instigate people on an online messageboard.

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-28-2011, 07:11 PM

knicksman
08-28-2011, 09:18 PM
the players that are capable of scoring 30ppg are in the nba. they want better competition

Scoooter
08-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Derrick Rose isn't even that good. He can't shoot and he can't pass and he's slow and he has no hops.

rodman91
08-28-2011, 09:35 PM
You can't take a player's stats in international competiton and say he would suck in Euroleague.It's out of context.

Most of the players have average stats in FIBA competitions.It's quite normal for a stacked team like USA. Let's look at Original Dream Team :

Barkley 18 ppg 4 rpg
Bird 8.4 ppg 3.8 rpg
Drexler 10.5 ppg
Ewing 9.5 ppg 5.3 rpg
Magic 8 ppg 5.5 apg
Jordan 14.9 ppg
Malone 13.0 5.3 rpg
Pippen 9.0 ppg
D-Rob 9.0 ppg 4.1 rpg

With same logic, even these all time greats would fail in euroleague.:rolleyes:

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/215yc2.gif

eliteballer
08-29-2011, 12:01 AM

Go Getter
08-29-2011, 12:10 AM

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c126/Ucantbserious/lmao2.gif

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c126/Ucantbserious/d86dd609358ccbae4446914973b07d92-1.gif

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c126/Ucantbserious/8c9b528ec2af93eac4bec340876893a6-1.gif

eliteballer
08-29-2011, 12:11 AM
The leading scorer in euroleague in 2011 was a D-Leaguer.

Go Getter
08-29-2011, 12:15 AM
A D-Leaguer who slipped under the radar because he is obviously better than the #1 draft pick, MVP, All-Star Derrick Rose.

All of you NBA only fans need to stop your lies.

SpecialQue
08-29-2011, 12:20 AM
No player on Earth would average 30 in the Euroleague. You have absolutely zero general basketball knowledge if you believe any of those players could average 30 in the Euroleague. Absolutely zero general basketball knowledge.

I like how you repeated for emphasis.

andgar923
08-29-2011, 01:35 AM
Most of you can laugh at the OP but somewhere in his posts he makes a legit claim that's getting lost, or he isn't explaning himself properly.

The 'style' of play in the Euroleague is different than it is here in the States. Not only is their style of play different, the rules are different.

Sure, Americans are superior athletes and are better in some areas of the game. But these areas aren't necessarily the things that would make them stand out in their style of play and rules. And the same can be said vice versa.

Anthony Parker may have been an MVP there, and that doesn't translate into his game in the NBA because that style of play doesn't prevail as much here. And YES everybody has their 'prime'. You, myself, the person in the D-league, person at your local gym, NBA, etc.etc we all have our prime. His just happened to be while he was overseas, not that he would've been better than Tmac if he'd played here, but he still had a prime, and his style at his very best was obviously suited for the international style of play.

People need to stop trying to transpose eras, leagues, styles so much, it's something that most people do here. Situations are different, style of playing are different, rules are different etc.etc. you can't just root a player and believe that said player would perform as good (or worse) just because. Shit has to be factored in, and the OP did bring up some very valid points, most of which I agree with in regards to Rose's game.

Quick anecdotal story.....

One day I saw some soccer players playing basketball in high school, when some players from the basketball team thought they could school the soccer players. So they challenged them to a game.... and it didn't end up as they had planned.

Sure, the basketball players were putting on an individual skill exhibition. Dunks, fancy cross overs, nice athletic plays but they still LOST!!! Why? because they were basically playing one on one, while the soccer team was playing 'team' ball. They weren't as athletic, they weren't trying to hot dog, they were just sticking to basic fundamental basketball: passing, cutting, setting screens, rotating on defense, boxing out etc.etc. things that apparently the basketball players somehow missed.

And that is very similar to the situation we have here.

Certain styles are better suited for certain styles, people should stop trying to jump on the bandwagon and think for a second before they start trashing the OP every time. The dude does bring up some legit points (although he may not be 100% correct all the time). Most people don't even bother reading his posts, they just automatically get insulted at the crazy notion that we don't completely own the world.

Americans show their arrogance once again.

imdaman99
08-29-2011, 02:30 AM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c126/Ucantbserious/8c9b528ec2af93eac4bec340876893a6-1.gif
SMASH! IN A NANOSECOND :lol

Go Getter
08-29-2011, 02:34 AM
Most of you can laugh at the OP but somewhere in his posts he makes a legit claim that's getting lost, or he isn't explaning himself properly.

The 'style' of play in the Euroleague is different than it is here in the States. Not only is their style of play different, the rules are different.

Sure, Americans are superior athletes and are better in some areas of the game. But these areas aren't necessarily the things that would make them stand out in their style of play and rules. And the same can be said vice versa.

Anthony Parker may have been an MVP there, and that doesn't translate into his game in the NBA because that style of play doesn't prevail as much here. And YES everybody has their 'prime'. You, myself, the person in the D-league, person at your local gym, NBA, etc.etc we all have our prime. His just happened to be while he was overseas, not that he would've been better than Tmac if he'd played here, but he still had a prime, and his style at his very best was obviously suited for the international style of play.

People need to stop trying to transpose eras, leagues, styles so much, it's something that most people do here. Situations are different, style of playing are different, rules are different etc.etc. you can't just root a player and believe that said player would perform as good (or worse) just because. Shit has to be factored in, and the OP did bring up some very valid points, most of which I agree with in regards to Rose's game.

Quick anecdotal story.....

One day I saw some soccer players playing basketball in high school, when some players from the basketball team thought they could school the soccer players. So they challenged them to a game.... and it didn't end up as they had planned.

Sure, the basketball players were putting on an individual skill exhibition. Dunks, fancy cross overs, nice athletic plays but they still LOST!!! Why? because they were basically playing one on one, while the soccer team was playing 'team' ball. They weren't as athletic, they weren't trying to hot dog, they were just sticking to basic fundamental basketball: passing, cutting, setting screens, rotating on defense, boxing out etc.etc. things that apparently the basketball players somehow missed.

And that is very similar to the situation we have here.

Certain styles are better suited for certain styles, people should stop trying to jump on the bandwagon and think for a second before they start trashing the OP every time. The dude does bring up some legit points (although he may not be 100% correct all the time). Most people don't even bother reading his posts, they just automatically get insulted at the crazy notion that we don't completely own the world.

Americans show their arrogance once again.

So why did America win the WC with our "B team?"

American ignorance? We pwn the world in ball....our style has flaws, no doubt, but you can't argue the results.

Didn't USA lead the WC in steals and assists? Did they not come together as a team? Did they not beat teams with "better teamwork?" (more time playing together)

Rose shot poorly through a sample of 12-16 games yet you and the OP disregard 2+ years of 48% shooting....you disregard the style of play the Bulls have and their limited offense/new coach.

Sit down man, if you haven't noticed, you're agreeing with the biggest idiot troll on ISH.

ukballer
08-29-2011, 02:37 AM
Pretty dreadful how this guy hasn't been banned yet.

This forum lets morons like this roam free, and it's just not on anymore. Nothing wrong with letting some garbage slide for site traffic, but when it's every day he's posting some pathetic shit like this, he needs to go. C'mon Jeff, please do something.

Doranku
08-29-2011, 02:38 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

andgar923
08-29-2011, 02:58 AM
So why did America win the WC with our "B team?"

Because we're better?

American ignorance? We pwn the world in ball....our style has flaws, no doubt, but you can't argue the results.

American ignorance was meant as an example of how we just disregard others, automatically assume that we're just no.1 without regarding anything.

Didn't USA lead the WC in steals and assists? Did they not come together as a team? Did they not beat teams with "better teamwork?" (more time playing together)

Huh?

Rose shot poorly through a sample of 12-16 games yet you and the OP disregard 2+ years of 48% shooting....you disregard the style of play the Bulls have and their limited offense/new coach.

But according to most posters here he should've just dominated... PERIOD. Which I'm assuming was the entire point of this thread. But he wasn't close to that.

Sit down man, if you haven't noticed, you're agreeing with the biggest idiot troll on ISH.

Either I didn't explain myself properly (which I apologize), but my main point was, troll or not, the OP did make some legit claims and most people here just seemed to automatically disregard everything even tho the OP brought FACTS. People may not like them, and he may be out there with some of his claims, but they aren't as absurd as people make them seem.

I also tried to point out that 'styles' can clash. This actually discredits the OP to some degree. He taunts and teases, but fails to realize that 'styles' is what drives some of these American players to struggle. Americans can't play that type of style, and they can't play ours.

Go Getter
08-29-2011, 03:06 AM
Either I didn't explain myself properly (which I apologize), but my main point was, troll or not, the OP did make some legit claims and most people here just seemed to automatically disregard everything even tho the OP brought FACTS. People may not like them, and he may be out there with some of his claims, but they aren't as absurd as people make them seem.

I also tried to point out that 'styles' can clash. This actually discredits the OP to some degree. He taunts and teases, but fails to realize that 'styles' is what drives some of these American players to struggle. Americans can't play that type of style, and they can't play ours.

You aren't making any sense.

American go overseas and THRIVE. How is it that we can't play their style and they can't play ours? Dirk and Barrea just balled out in the Finals.

Rose only played a few games in FIBA.

HE OBVIOUSLY doesn't care about FIBA ball as much as his NBA career and with time and adjustments he'd be one of the best in FIBA hands down man stop being a moron.

Go Getter
08-29-2011, 03:07 AM
And people said Rose would dominate FIBA as in on a regular team in a regular season not in a tourney with a collection of all-stars thrown together (without sufficient bigs).

andgar923
08-29-2011, 03:19 AM

American go overseas and THRIVE. How is it that we can't play their style and they can't play ours? Dirk and Barrea just balled out in the Finals.

HE OBVIOUSLY doesn't care about FIBA ball as much as his NBA career and with time and adjustments he'd be one of the best in FIBA hands down man stop being a moron.

I mistyped (misspoke), but you're right.

I meant, certain players.

andgar923
08-29-2011, 03:21 AM
And people said Rose would dominate FIBA as in on a regular team in a regular season not in a tourney with a collection of all-stars thrown together (without sufficient bigs).

I'm sure most mentioned that he would dominate in any situation, which he clearly didn't.

Scoooter
08-29-2011, 03:24 AM
Anthony Parker isn't even a bad NBA player. I don't think I saw him miss a spot-up three the entire time he was in Cleveland.

Fiasco
08-29-2011, 03:27 AM
Anthony Parker isn't even a bad NBA player. I don't think I saw him miss a spot-up three the entire time he was in Cleveland.

That's cool. He missed everything else.

Scoooter
08-29-2011, 03:32 AM
He never shot anything else. LeBron drive, LeBron kick, Parker swish. Repeat. He wasn't an MVP, but for his age he was a very serviceable player.

Go Getter
08-29-2011, 03:37 AM
I'm sure most mentioned that he would dominate in any situation, which he clearly didn't.

WC is a tournament RAN by FIBA. When people/Americans say FIBA they mean "Euroleague" or whatever.

If you look at many of the posters explanations you'd see that MJ and Bird, two of the most fundamentally sound players EVER had less than stellar stats.

Players from other countries give us their best while our players are trying not to get hurt.

If we win it's not by enough and we had help from the refs but if we lose the world crumbles and America isn't the best at ball anymore.

Go Getter
08-29-2011, 03:38 AM
I mistyped (misspoke), but you're right.

I meant, certain players.
Any NBA star guard would be a dominant force in the Euro league. Pick one.

Fiasco
08-29-2011, 04:49 AM
He never shot anything else.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Go Getter
08-29-2011, 06:27 AM
Who's that? Heh. She's hot.:D
Lauren London.

Scoooter
08-29-2011, 08:27 AM
He was only serviceable when he had LeBron to do that for him.
He wasn't bad in Toronto. They had one of their best seasons ever with him.

Fiasco
08-29-2011, 11:09 AM
He wasn't bad in Toronto. They had one of their best seasons ever with him.

By this logic, DJ Mbenga was the reason the Lakers won 65 games in 2008-2009.

KGMN
08-29-2011, 11:37 AM
By this logic, DJ Mbenga was the reason the Lakers won 65 games in 2008-2009.

Not at all by that logic. Because guess what? Anthony Parker was actually the second best scorer on the Raptors after Chris Bosh. He played an important role in Toronto's making the playoffs, while Mbenga, as good as a defender as he is, played near 7 minutes per game while averaging just over 2 points.

Fiasco
08-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Not at all by that logic. Because guess what? Anthony Parker was actually the second best scorer on the Raptors after Chris Bosh. He played an important role in Toronto's making the playoffs, while Mbenga, as good as a defender as he is, played near 7 minutes per game while averaging just over 2 points.

So we're back to the same conclusion: Parker is useless unless he's playing with a superstar.

Pointguard
08-29-2011, 12:04 PM
One of the funniest post I ever read here.

Pointguard
08-29-2011, 12:14 PM
The ball is a different size and you have to be aware of different rules and other dominant players you are playing with. American players always have to adjust to Fiba and the size of the ball. I said before last year started that Durant's shot would be messed up because when you shoot a lot with a different size ball your hands grip the ball differently. It happened to Allen and Kobe their first time adjusting. Some guys never get the touch with the FIBA ball. I believe Dirk and Nash (Nash once talked of the different size ball throwing him off and he never played again) have this problem as well.

KGMN
08-29-2011, 12:16 PM
So we're back to the same conclusion: Parker is useless unless he's playing with a superstar.

So is Bosh without Parker?

kaiiu
08-29-2011, 12:19 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

KGMN
08-29-2011, 12:49 PM
What's so funny about "First of all, that was prime Anthony Parker"??
I don't think it deserves a 4 headed laugh roll.

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-29-2011, 12:51 PM
I don't think it deserves a :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:roll: :roll:

kaiiu
08-29-2011, 12:56 PM
I don't think it deserves a 4 headed laugh roll.

Euroleague
08-29-2011, 04:05 PM

STOP LYING.

Igor Rakocevic never played in the D-League you liar.

Euroleague
08-29-2011, 04:13 PM

It has been explained a million times in this forum that only a very small number of American players are really that good in Europe.

You just totally imagine this nonsense about how all these Americans "dominate" in Europe. The truth is that there are about 5-10 really good American players in Europe in total. And not one of those is even remotely close to being anything even nearly resembling "dominant".

But you just have this totally delusional imaginary fantasy that all these hundreds of "American scrubs" "dominate" in Europe.

You live in a fantasy world on this issue.

Euroleague
08-29-2011, 04:22 PM

His Euroleague stats are more or less similar to his NBA stats. What these NBA only fans cannot grasp (even though hundreds of times it has been explained to them) is that MVP in Euroleague has nothing to do with stats or "domination".

You win MVP by being voted by the fans, playing in a top 4 team, and by your team play contributions as media sees it (with the criteria being your TEAM play).

These moron NBA only fans are basically a joke with the posts they make, laughing, mocking, condescending, patronizing, and not even realizing what idiots they are.

They think that somehow the Euroleague MVP is an award that is the same as an NBA MVP award and therefore somehow that means Anthony Parker must have "dominated Euroleague". It's hilarious.

It's been explained numerous times in this forum that Anthony Parker averaged more points in the NBA playoffs than he did in the Euroleague the previous season when he was "MVP".

These idiots claim 15 points a game in Euroleague (during his prime which was before he played with the Raps or Cavs) playing when the Euroleague was weaker than now (highest budget then was 10 million euros and now all but a few teams have budgets over that, with some around 30)........

was "domination" and "GOAT Euroleague player" and all kinds of other psychotic nonsense. It's completely delusional and nuts talk, but they claim anyone calling their BS claims into doubt a "troll, liar, hater", etc.

It's truly pathetic. Especially how they plead and plead to Jeff for a ban, saying how it ruins the forum, not even realizing they are the ones that are trolling because everything THEY are posting is totally wrong and is a lie. Not the other way around.

So yeah, it clearly has to be some kind of racism or extreme xenophobia, or extreme inferiority complex like patriotic zealotry that drives their viewpoints and statements. Because it sure the hell is not based on actual reality, truth, or facts.

Euroleague
08-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Players from other countries give us their best while our players are trying not to get hurt.

And you have the audacity to call me a troll..............:roll: :rolleyes: :facepalm

GreatGreg
08-29-2011, 04:36 PM
And you have the audacity to call me a troll..............:roll: :rolleyes: :facepalm
It's true. What was the ***** team that tried strategically placing themselves in the WC's a year ago? Oh, I think that was... Greece.
And the best part was that it was a miserable, miserable failure. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Grinder
08-29-2011, 04:44 PM
It's true. What was the ***** team that tried strategically placing themselves in the WC's a year ago? Oh, I think that was... Greece.
And the best part was that it was a miserable, miserable failure. :roll: :roll: :roll:

His hatred from the NBA comes from the fact that his hero (who he's psychotically obsessed with) Spanoulis was one of the worst guards to ever play in the NBA.

Averaged less than 3 points a game on 32% from the field. :oldlol:

Euroleague
08-29-2011, 05:06 PM
His hatred from the NBA comes from the fact that his hero (who he's psychotically obsessed with) Spanoulis was one of the worst guards to ever play in the NBA.

Averaged less than 3 points a game on 32% from the field. :oldlol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4OY23eQJTE

Yeah, could not play in the NBA at all.............:rolleyes: :facepalm

LBJFTW
08-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Galis was an out of this world scoring machine (far above what Rose, Melo, Howard, LeBron could ever be scoring wise)

:oldlol:

catch24
08-29-2011, 05:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8eMsEXPmX0

Kwame Brown played in the NBA too.

Grinder
08-29-2011, 05:10 PM

Top 5 worst guard in NBA history. No chance.

He wishes he was 1/10th of the player Anthony Carter was.

Thought I was on "permanent ignore forever"?

****ing loser. :lol

GreatGreg
08-29-2011, 05:11 PM

Did you REALLY post a highlight video?

Holy shit guys, Brian Scalabrine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDV3OEJ8ksk) looks like Larry Bird!

GreatGreg
08-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Did you REALLY post a highlight video?

Holy shit guys, Brian Scalabrine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDV3OEJ8ksk) looks like Larry Bird!

Best Spanoulis season in NBA:
2.7/1/1 on 32%

Best Scalabrine season:
6.3/4.55/2 on 40%

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Euroleague
08-29-2011, 05:18 PM
:oldlol:

Not one of those players mentioned could touch Galis scoring wise.

Euroleague
08-29-2011, 05:19 PM

You do realize that all your posts will be sent PM to all the people at interbasket that think you are legit right?

You are too predictable. You will be out of that site soon.

Euroleague
08-29-2011, 05:20 PM

You do realize that all your posts will be sent PM to all the people at interbasket that think you are legit right?

You are too predictable.

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-29-2011, 05:26 PM

Best Spanoulis season in NBA:
2.7/1/1 on 32%

Best Scalabrine season:
6.3/4.55/2 on 40%

catch24
08-29-2011, 05:26 PM

White Mamba doin' work :oldlol:

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-29-2011, 05:27 PM
White Mamba doin' work :oldlol:

He got robbed of FMVP in '08 :lol

Euroleague
08-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Woooo....try making more accounts to agree with yourself and impersonating other posters on message boards :lol

You mean like the numerous troll accounts you have all over the internet?

GreatGreg
08-29-2011, 06:10 PM
You mean like the numerous troll accounts you have all over the internet?
Lol @ you ignoring everyone saying your from Arkansas. Lol @ you ignoring Grinder's post about 10+ of your alts on multiple forums.

D-Wade316
08-29-2011, 06:41 PM
As much as I dislike Rose, Euroleague, you are a faaking moron. You came here only to promote hatred. I really hope that you'd be banned as fast as possible. GTFO here troll!

LakersRule24
08-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Which current NBA players(prime or right now) do you think would perform best in the ALMIGHTY Euroleague, and what would their stats be? Also, how would a prime Michael Jordan do?

TimmyDuncan
08-30-2011, 06:29 AM
Euroleague is a troll but he has a point on Rose.

Without the 3 sec violation rule in FIBA, big men can stay all night in the paint and there is less space for small quick PG.

That's why Tony Parker is way less efficient in internationnal play.
That's why Jenning was trash in euroleague and was decent in NBA.

NBA stars Big men / Shooters / long swingmen / Passs first PG would all dominate in euroleague but it's not the case of nba stars small quick PG without a great shoot (Rose, Parker, Westbrook etc...)

knicksman
08-30-2011, 08:20 AM

LOL all highlights are on defense. As morrison said, defense are for players who have no talent for scoring.

All Net
08-30-2011, 08:24 AM
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/86445-3/Fatkid_creepy_look.gif :eek:

z14h
08-30-2011, 10:37 AM
I don't see how it is possible that OP is serious. What, am I gunna earn myself an ignore again now? Haha.

Lebron23
08-30-2011, 04:32 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/qxnudv.gif

This is the best post in this thread.

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-30-2011, 04:38 PM
And why would that be? :pimp:

LeBron23 knows a goddess when he sees one. Red Headed Goddess that is

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-30-2011, 04:39 PM
I've seen better.

So have I. But that doesn't make her any less of a Red Headed Goddess

Lebron23
08-30-2011, 04:41 PM
And why would that be? :pimp:

She's cute. On topic The OP should had realize that Rose played with a bunch of good players in the 2010 FIBA World Championship. If he play for another national team I think he could average over 20 ppg just like Kirk Penney.

LeBron23 knows a goddess when he sees one. Red Headed Goddess that is

True that

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Okay...I don't even know how to respond to this lol.

Exactly :pimp:

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Bosh. Chris Bosh.

wut?

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Boobs.

:pimp:

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-30-2011, 05:01 PM
I like where this thread is going

Lebron23
10-08-2011, 01:14 AM
I'll replace him with John Wall. He also put up anemic stats in the Conference Finals.

Droid101
10-08-2011, 01:45 AM
Not one of those players mentioned could touch Galis scoring wise.
Adam Morrison had better college stats than Nick Galis. Fact.

Euroleague
10-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Adam Morrison had better college stats than Nick Galis. Fact.

Morrison = 18 points a game in Europe in preseason.

Morrison = not playing at Euroleague level in Europe.

Galis = 37-42 points a game in Europe in ACTUAL season games.

Galis = actually playing in the actual Euroleague.

FACT.

Galis = averaging more than double Morrison, in a higher level league, in real games (as opposed to preseason games).

FACT.

Thanks for playing.

Rooster
10-08-2011, 01:50 AM
Morrison = 18 points a game in Europe in preseason.

Morrison = not playing at Euroleague level in Europe.

Galis = 37-42 points a game in Europe in ACTUAL season games.

Galis = actually playing in the actual Euroleague.

FACT.

Fact the corpse of Bob McAdoo tore up the Euroleague with a title. Something Galis could never do.

Euroleague
10-08-2011, 01:53 AM
Fact the corpse of Bob McAdoo tore up the Euroleague with a title. Something Galis could never do.

Once again, your racism is showing.

Rooster
10-08-2011, 01:56 AM
Once again, your racism is showing.

Another fact, Galis is an American. It's sad that the greatest Greek player is actually American and VSpan can't carry his jockstrap.

Euroleague
10-08-2011, 02:01 AM
Another fact, Galis is an American. It's sad that the greatest Greek player is actually American and VSpan can't carry his jockstrap.

Look I don't have time to be trolled by you. I am putting you on ignore. You earned it.

Heavincent
10-08-2011, 02:31 AM
Crazed troll.

Hondo
10-08-2011, 06:12 AM
Euroleague, name your top 10 NBA players that would beats in the Euroleague. I'd like to hear some positive comments from you.

I'm assuming Durant, Bryant, Anthony etc would play pretty well.

CelticBaller
10-08-2011, 02:59 PM
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/86445-3/Fatkid_creepy_look.gif

LoneyROY7
10-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Eric Gordon would dominate Eurobasket.

Mr. I'm So Rad
10-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Eric Gordon would dominate Eurobasket.

We wouldn't need to go that far

Maya Moore would be the 2nd coming of Anthony Parker over there