PDA

View Full Version : "The Whore Of Akron" New Book Will Come Out In November

winwin
08-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Let’s celebrate the one-year anniversary of LeBron James’ The Decision with a nice book. Whoa!

http://www.scottraab.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/whore_of_akron.png

Scott Raab who writes for Esquire and was famously banned from Miami Heat home games (as a credentialed writer, anyway)

====

Scott Raab, was one of LeBron’s biggest detractors when the Queen went on television to announce he was taking his talents to South Beach. And since Raab writes for Esquire, his views on the subject are well known. His series on the ESPN Decision debacle and aftermath oozed animosity and dripped disdain, and in case you didn’t get the message, he’s also written a book about it. And why not call it The Whore of Akron, a phrase Raab coined in Esquire?

Raab was famously banned from Miami Heat home games (as a credentialed writer, anyway) for, presumably, the ‘Whore of Akron’ thing. What was it that Mark Twain said about picking fights with people who buy ink by the barrel? Increase that sentiment twenty-fold when you add Amazon.com to the equation. There’s also something from The Godfather about keeping your friends close, but your enemies closer. It seems that the Heat organization doesn’t pay a lot of attention to pop culture. Too bad: they’re about to get skewered. Again.

The book is due out in November. From the Amazon site:

Product Description: Book description to come.

Oh, don’t bother. We have a pretty good idea.

MORE ON NBC SPORTS
http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2011/07/08/the-whore-of-akron-three-guesses-what-this-book-is-about/

Rose
08-12-2011, 01:22 PM
I totally thought this was going to be about his Mom.

winwin
08-12-2011, 01:24 PM
his Mom is not a whore .. he is the whore

Kblaze8855
08-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Im amazed that so many people think Lebrons arrogance is odd. People cant keep his name out of their mouths. Have guys putting weeks or months of their lives into...hating on him in book form?

catch24
08-12-2011, 01:27 PM
:roll:

Bigsmoke
08-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Cleveland is arguable the most garbage city in the U.S.A. so i'm sure LeBron isnt regretting his choice one bit unless he starts getting homesick since he was able to reach the Finals his FIRST year with the Heat.

People needs to get on with their lives and just deal with the fact on what happened.

donald_trump
08-12-2011, 01:32 PM
lebron may have lost in the finals, but certain basketball fans continue to prove they are bigger losers.

seriously, they have nothing better to do with their time? he switched teams, thats it.

ihatetimthomas
08-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Another person bashing Lebron to make $$:facepalm

MeLO MvP 15
08-12-2011, 01:39 PM
I didn't know the poster Lucifer could right a book.

jlip
08-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Yawn...:sleeping

greensborohill
08-12-2011, 01:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwkKqkwd0n0

CHAMPIONSHIP!!

Joey Zaza
08-12-2011, 01:49 PM

co-sign. He left the team as a Free Agent. He's not the first, he's won't be the the last.

Cle lucked into him (lottery), paid him WELL below market for his first 4 years (rookie contract), and even (through league rules) were able to keep him there for another 3. Now they whine because he exercised the right all free men have to live/work where he wants.

I understand Cle is upset, but how about a little class. Something like, "Lebron, thanks for the best 7 years of franchise history, thanks for the trip to the finals, the trips to the ECF. thanks for that magical night v. Det. Thanks for all the wins. Best wishes and good luck (except when you face us)."

DirtySanchez
08-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Im amazed that so many people think Lebrons arrogance is odd. People cant keep his name out of their mouths. Have guys putting weeks or months of their lives into...hating on him in book form?

It doesn't help when the media keeps exploiting his image and agenda the way they do.

d.bball.guy
08-12-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm starting to get tired of this LeBron bashing.

DirtySanchez
08-12-2011, 01:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwkKqkwd0n0

CHAMPIONSHIP!!

Dirk shaves his armpits!!! :banana:

ihatetimthomas
08-12-2011, 01:59 PM
co-sign. He left the team as a Free Agent. He's not the first, he's won't be the the last.

Cle lucked into him (lottery), paid him WELL below market for his first 4 years (rookie contract), and even (through league rules) were able to keep him there for another 3. Now they whine because he exercised the right all free men have to live/work where he wants.

I understand Cle is upset, but how about a little class. Something like, "Lebron, thanks for the best 7 years of franchise history, thanks for the trip to the finals, the trips to the ECF. thanks for that magical night v. Det. Thanks for all the wins. Best wishes and good luck (except when you face us)."

Plus, he generated so much money for that city and that state. People made so much money off of him, and now they are pissed bc they cant make any more money off of him. I understand being disappointed in losing the greatest player in the history of the franchise, but damn GET OVER IT. They got 2 top 4 picks in this draft, time to look forward, not back.

Joey Zaza
08-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Plus, he generated so much money for that city and that state. People made so much money off of him, and now they are pissed bc they cant make any more money off of him. I understand being disappointed in losing the greatest player in the history of the franchise, but damn GET OVER IT. They got 2 top 4 picks in this draft, time to look forward, not back.

...and its not like they gave up something to get him. Its not like, they did something to earn those sell-outs and the restaurant, jersey, etc. fees besides win the lottery which got them an all-time great player, who gladly marketed himself and by extension the team.

asdf1990
08-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Akron and Cleveland should be happy lebron made those two cities relevant. 99% of the people in the US didn't even know those places existed prior to the kings arrival.

HylianNightmare
08-12-2011, 02:23 PM
:oldlol: me too

greensborohill
08-12-2011, 02:42 PM
LeBron is a vagiana

PowerGlove
08-12-2011, 02:56 PM
This.

DuMa
08-12-2011, 02:58 PM
skip bayless is furious he didnt think of the book idea

Mr. Jabbar
08-12-2011, 02:59 PM
where can I buy this?

Flamboyant
08-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Wow, talk about a class act. I believe that LeBron deserves the hate of Cleveland fans, but a book?... I'm speechless.

winwin
08-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Wow, talk about a class act. I believe that LeBron deserves the hate of Cleveland fans, but a book?... I'm speechless.
i disagree
LeWhore and his yes-men made a great mistake(s)

must be documented for young stars to learn from and to fail as a person and as a basketball player

GOBB
08-12-2011, 03:30 PM
:roll: What a loser this guy is. A book??? A book???? Seriously?

winwin
08-12-2011, 03:32 PM
where can I buy this?
i will buy 20 copies .. i'll send you one or two

GOBB
08-12-2011, 03:34 PM

You're a loser if you buy this book.

get these NETS
08-12-2011, 03:40 PM
People still harping on this are just confirming that Bron was right to leave that one-horse town.

The Macho Man
08-12-2011, 04:00 PM
I still say as much as I've always disliked Lebron, that would completely change if he just started trolling these idiots. Huge "U Mad?" billboard in downtown Cleveland

Theoo's Daddy
08-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Lebron feeding the starving.. dude is just trying to make some quick bucks here.:oldlol: :oldlol:

FourthTenor
08-12-2011, 04:14 PM

The people who keep harping on about him are the ones with nothi g else to contribute to a conversation. They wanna participate, wanna be included in discussions, wanna be recognized, but have nothing original to contribute. So they just regurgitate the common position and pat themselves on the back for "contributing" to the group discussion.

FourthTenor
08-12-2011, 04:19 PM
And if a sports team is that big a part of your life for u to really care that much, that personally, that a player went somewhere else...you really are a loser.

RedBlackAttack
08-12-2011, 04:21 PM
:roll: What a loser this guy is. A book??? A book???? Seriously?
Considering he's been a published author and journalist since before James was born...

Yeah, a book. :confusedshrug:

Raab was a writer for GQ Magazine from 1992 until 1997, and has been a regular contributor to Esquire from 1997 until the present.[4] Much of his work at Esquire is one-on-one interviews with various celebrities (e.g. Phil Spector, Paul Giamati, Don Zimmer).[5] The style of his non-interview writing is typically informal in nature, mainly in the voice of a storyteller variety.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Raab

bagelred
08-12-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm starting to get tired of this LeBron bashing.

We all are. It's really over the top.

gilalizard
08-12-2011, 04:28 PM
LeBron sought the limelight. He pursued being a global icon. He wanted the attention.

Now that, through his own douchebaggery, the attention has turned negative, his stans whine that he gets too much attention. Nobody whined about too much attention on poor lil bronbron when the attention was largely positive.

The whole thing is a circus that continues to entertain.

gilalizard
08-12-2011, 04:33 PM
I still say as much as I've always disliked Lebron, that would completely change if he just started trolling these idiots. Huge "U Mad?" billboard in downtown Cleveland

That would be funny.

I've said it before, he should just fully embrace his new role as a heel.

pegasus
08-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Too bad Lebron is illiterate. Maybe his next daddy can read it to him at bedtime.

RedBlackAttack
08-12-2011, 04:34 PM
LeBron sought the limelight. He pursued being a global icon. He wanted the attention.

Now that, through his own douchebaggery, the attention has turned negative, his stans whine that he gets too much attention. Nobody whined about too much attention on poor lil bronbron when the attention was largely positive.

The whole thing is a circus that continues to entertain.
Right.

Jordan had a largely negative book written about him during the height of his career and he was largely beloved, even outside of Chicago.

I'm more surprised that this is the first book to hit the market on the whole situation so far... Figured there would be more. And, there probably will be.

pegasus
08-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Right.

Jordan had a largely negative book written about him during the height of his career and he was largely beloved, even outside of Chicago.

I'm more surprised that this is the first book to hit the market on the whole situation so far... Figured there would be more. And, there probably will be.

This one is about the whore situation actually.

Theoo's Daddy
08-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Right.

his uncle has done one already.

RedBlackAttack
08-12-2011, 04:41 PM
his uncle has done one already.
I meant the first book by... you know... A writer.

A real book. Whatever you may think of Raab personally, he is a real journalist that is respected in the field.

GreatWhiteHope
08-12-2011, 04:42 PM
This is the cover:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3402/5843797420_53f122e89a_o.jpg

winwin
08-12-2011, 04:46 PM
This is the cover:

:roll:

GOBB
08-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Considering he's been a published author and journalist since before James was born...

Yeah, a book

Its been said one million times already, now one million and one. Let it go.

The guy respected or not is putting out a book titled The "Whore" of Akron. I wonder what its about though? No, not really. You can read the book though then tell us how it was masterfully written and spot on. I'll let it pass.

Maybe this book is supposed to be funny? Like jokes that go over your head? Damn it just went over mine. :confusedshrug:

RedBlackAttack
08-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Its been said one million times already, now one million and one. Let it go.

The guy respected or not is putting out a book titled The "Whore" of Akron. I wonder what its about though? No, not really. You can read the book though then tell us how it was masterfully written and spot on. I'll let it pass.

Maybe this book is supposed to be funny? Like jokes that go over your head? Damn it just went over mine. :confusedshrug:
Let what go? The fact that a guy chose to write a book and that, now, a city is being blamed for it? Maybe his supporters should 'just let go' of the fact that their guy is pretty much despised, across the board?

This book is an outgrowth of that... Nothing more.

I won't read this book... Have no interest in it. I'm just responding to the fake outrage and misplaced blame.

Joey Zaza
08-12-2011, 05:01 PM
^^ True, unfair to blame city for this d-a$$ book.

kaiiu
08-12-2011, 05:13 PM
:applause: dude is a piece of shit

GOBB
08-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Let what go? The fact that a guy chose to write a book and that, now, a city is being blamed for it? Maybe his supporters should 'just let go' of the fact that their guy is pretty much despised, across the board?

I won't read this book... Have no interest in it. I'm just responding to the fake outrage and misplaced blame.

City shouldnt be blamed. But this guy writing a book is lame. I hope it does poor in sales.

LeFraud James
08-12-2011, 06:21 PM
I didn't know the poster Lucifer could right a book.

Two wrongs don't make a write. :lol

Mr. Jabbar
08-12-2011, 07:16 PM

:cheers:

Mr. Jabbar
08-12-2011, 07:18 PM

Yeah, some ppl just want to kill the messenger in this whole story :pimp:

Stuckey
08-12-2011, 07:41 PM
i hope his book gets leaked on digital form

he is a whore for writing this book

Kblaze8855
08-12-2011, 07:57 PM

For one...im guessing you missed the years of "Why do we need another lebron topic?" posts from hundreds of people sick of hearing about him....

And second....he never got half the positive attention as he gets negative now. When he led the Cavs to the finals or won MVP he never got entire top to bottom episodes of Around the horn or PTI about him. In the last year ive seen entire 30 minute TV shows about Lebron. Im pretty sure First and 10 did 3 hours with him as the only subject. The attention he gets is at an all time high in the last year so people complaining about it less...when it was less....doesnt matter.

No he isnt. He might be despised in Ohio. The world for the most part doesnt care. Sports fans dont care. Basketball fans barely care anymore. The media and a few people who take another mans decisions too personal drive the whole thing.

Sports fans might laugh at how funny the finals turn out. But Lebron isnt despised. Of my 6 or so closest friends me and my cousin are the only ones who even have a negative word to say about him. And its mostly over the top jokes and remarks about how only a bitch could want to use a bitch like Lebron on 2k.

I dont think emotions run as hot outside ohio as you may think. Lebron is playfully mocked. Little more.

Eat Like A Bosh
08-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Really?

JChurches
08-13-2011, 12:03 AM

LOL! Are you still mad about Lebron indirectly exposing your city as the sh!thole it really is?

winwin
08-13-2011, 12:17 AM
LOL! Are you still mad about Lebron indirectly exposing your city as the sh!thole it really is?
calm down noob
the only sh!thole here is where u came from
filthy lebirck ass-licker

gilalizard
08-13-2011, 12:31 AM
For one...im guessing you missed the years of "Why do we need another lebron topic?" posts from hundreds of people sick of hearing about him....

And second....he never got half the positive attention as he gets negative now. When he led the Cavs to the finals or won MVP he never got entire top to bottom episodes of Around the horn or PTI about him. In the last year ive seen entire 30 minute TV shows about Lebron. Im pretty sure First and 10 did 3 hours with him as the only subject. The attention he gets is at an all time high in the last year so people complaining about it less...when it was less....doesnt matter.

No he isnt. He might be despised in Ohio. The world for the most part doesnt care. Sports fans dont care. Basketball fans barely care anymore. The media and a few people who take another mans decisions too personal drive the whole thing.

Sports fans might laugh at how funny the finals turn out. But Lebron isnt despised. Of my 6 or so closest friends me and my cousin are the only ones who even have a negative word to say about him. And its mostly over the top jokes and remarks about how only a bitch could want to use a bitch like Lebron on 2k.

I dont think emotions run as hot outside ohio as you may think. Lebron is playfully mocked. Little more.

For one... I'm guessing you're ignoring the multitude of posts that happily criticize teh chosen1.

2nd... BS. You're rewriting history. He pursued being a global icon and got held up as "king" by everyone from forum trolls to major television networks. He got a comparable, if not greater amount, of attention than MJ got. Without the accomplishments to go with it. Attention he pursued. Attention he developed with media consultants. Attention he wanted.

The reason you've seen 30 minute shows devoted just to him? The Decision. And who was the star of that again, hmmm?

The reason he has the attention he has is because he, under his own free will, actively cultivated it. It's just turned against him like a Frankenstein monster because he is a colossal assclown, and because his management is stacked with his dumbass "what should I do, they're my friends" friends. And it's making his stans lose their minds that their hero is actually looked at with some objectivity and not GOAT-colored glasses.

AlphaWolf24
08-13-2011, 12:55 AM

what a bunch of lies...

ESPN ran a story today claiming Lebron quit and isn't as confident as he was during the "yes we did"party..because he backed off the "not1 , not 2 , not 3 , not 4 , not 5 , not 6 , not7" today...:lol

this is the biggest FAIL in NBA History and Buckeyes are on a Michigan hate level towards LeBra...right now.

AlphaWolf24
08-13-2011, 12:57 AM

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/user_images/2790000/AlphaWolf-2790201_751_422.jpg

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/user_images/2790000/AlphaWolf-2790351_412_309.jpg

next

Kblaze8855
08-13-2011, 01:10 AM
For one... I'm guessing you're ignoring the multitude of posts that happily criticize teh chosen1.

2nd... BS. You're rewriting history. He pursued being a global icon and got held up as "king" by everyone from forum trolls to major television networks. He got a comparable, if not greater amount, of attention than MJ got. Without the accomplishments to go with it. Attention he pursued. Attention he developed with media consultants. Attention he wanted.

He got an equal to greater amount of attention...compared to Jordan? In cleveland? Really? That what you meant to say?

The reason you've seen 30 minute shows devoted just to him? The Decision. And who was the star of that again, hmmm?

The reason he has the attention he has is because he, under his own free will, actively cultivated it. It's just turned against him like a Frankenstein monster because he is a colossal assclown, and because his management is stacked with his dumbass "what should I do, they're my friends" friends. And it's making his stans lose their minds that their hero is actually looked at with some objectivity and not GOAT-colored glasses.

So..you say that nobody complained he was getting too much attention on the cavs....I tell you..he didnt get as much(and he didnt) and you then tell me that he got so much attention due to the decision and all....

So if you notice that he now has so much more attention...why would you say people didnt seem to think eh got too much in the past? Lebron is a bigger story the last season than he ever was before. Which is part of the reason people are sick of hearing about him(...sicker of it I should say).

There are entire hours of ESPN covering nothing but this one man. People are writng books on his decision on where to play basketball.

It was not like that before...its driven by a combo of angry idiots and the media making a big deal of something I think most dont care about. Even if he cultivated it...how are grown people into enough to let it drag out this long?

People are writing multiple books on this guy....

winwin
08-13-2011, 01:02 PM
Jason Terry mocks LeBron James in rap video
CBSSports.com (blog) - 18 hours ago

Terry minced no words during the series, wondering aloud whether Heat forward LeBron James could guard him and, and he took another shot at James back in ...

====================

Dwight Howard: Howard takes shot at LeBron's hairline
Rotoworld.com - 10 hours ago

Dwight Howard took a shot at LeBron James' hairline when doing a series of impressions in an appearance on the BET television station on Friday. ...

=====================

Diddy's New Artist MGK Disses LeBron James
BET - 1 day ago

Bad Boy's newly signed artist spoke about LeBron James a bit harshly in a recent interview. While rappers seem to rep their city every chance they get,

Kurosawa0
08-13-2011, 02:21 PM
So, the main idea behind this book is LeBron should've left after his rookie contract ended instead of waiting 7 years? Apparently Cleveland is really THAT bad.

chips93
08-13-2011, 02:51 PM
It doesn't help when the media keeps exploiting his image and agenda the way they do.

the media only report on things that the public care about, and that they know people will react to. ppl have to stop blaming the media, the media is a representation of the public.

if people didnt care about lebron, the media would too, in an instant.

raptorfan_dr07
08-13-2011, 03:04 PM
That's unfair to criticize the entire city of Cleveland for this idiot's book. For the most part, Cavs fans have gotten over it from what I've seen. It's just a small portion of low life scumbags who have no kind of joy in life they have to resort to bringing down another man to make themselves feel better. At least this guy Scott Raab does this for a living. What do you say about guys on this forum, in this thread like winwin, MrJabbar, gilalizard, Alphawolf, and even though he hasn't posted yet, Phong? They're even more pathetic, they're on this forum 24/7 posting about Lebron. Newsflash morons, you don't get paid to do this. Sad pathetic individuals. I don't even visit this forum much anymore, but when I do, it's always one of the above posters I mentioned swinging from Lebron's balls. Seriously, worrying about what another man does, scoping out every detail of his personal life and running here to ISH to gossip about it, SMH. Go outside and get some sun, enjoy the summer, talk to girls, get in a pickup game, do something with your lives instead of e-stalking a professional athlete who doesn't even know you exist, like you're some groupie.

Oh yeah, and if you purchase this book, you're a moron too.

RedBlackAttack
08-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Of my 6 or so closest friends me and my cousin are the only ones who even have a negative word to say about him.
Oh... Well, in that case...

I mean, forget the fact that there was literally a nation-wide celebration when the Heat lost in the Finals... Or that he appears high on every poll conducted in the last year of 'most disliked sports figure'... Or that he was singled out and booed in every visiting arena during the course of the season.

Just because you 'stopped caring' or, more accurately, 'never cared' about how he conducted himself and/or his chosen destination and a few of your buddies have shown no recent outrage is certainly NOT proof that James is now completely forgiven by the American sports fan.

He's not.

What has really changed since the last time that James took the podium at a press conference and basically announced, "you can root against me, but my life will always be better than your life".... Which enraged the general sports world even more than they had been prior?

This summer, he has done the right thing -- for the most part -- which is to keep his mouth shut, do a few charity games and, presumably, work on his shortcomings which led to his disappearance in two straight playoffs...

But, one summer of just shutting up and staying off of the television set does not mean that all is forgiven. Take a look at any James likability poll and you can see that.

We have debated a lot of topics in the past... Some of those topics are arbitrary and open to interpretation. Whether or not James is largely disliked in the sports world isn't one of those topics.

It is as clear as day.

Kblaze8855
08-13-2011, 05:28 PM
Literally a nationwide celebration? And he "enraged the general sports world"? Please.

Thats exactly what im talking about.

People let emotion make them see what they want to see.

It was a brief laugh and nothing more. I got like...4 texts laughing. I know a couple heat fans(lebron fans really). We ****ed with them for a couple days.

Moved on.

People in general NEVER care as much about these things as people online act like. The media picks some subject...Brett Favre...Clemens...Yiger...Arod...Lebron...runs it into the ground...people here and other places online will discuss it. heated arguments and shit.

People in general...are not that worried about it. Literally...a national celebration? you think someone was enraged that Lebron said he was still Lebron and his haters arent? Enraged? I understand hyperbole...but thats just the issue. It is nothing but hyperbole because people did NOT care that much.

Discussing it for 20 minutes at work then laughing at a lebron fan the next day...is not a national celebration. Its...finding it funny when a bunch of cocky guys get exposed on tv. Lebron making an arrogant comment in a press conference did not inflame the public with rage. It made some people go "Man...that guy is a dick...". Mothing more.

Its not the Rodney King riots. Lets just cal lit what it is. A brief period of lighthearted mocking...and mild annoyance.

Nobody outside Ohio or texas needed to call out the next morning due to "Lebron lost" celebration....

Its just the latest in a string of overblown sports stories the general public is sick of hearing about.

RedBlackAttack
08-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Literally a nationwide celebration? Please.

It was a brief laugh and nothing more. I got like...4 texts laughing. I know a couple heat fans(lebron fans really). We ****ed with them for a couple days.

Moved on.

People in general NEVER care as much about these things as people online act like. The media picks some subject...Brett Favre...Clemens...Yiger...Arod...Lebron...runs it into the ground...people here and other places online will discuss it. heated arguments and shit.

People in general...are not that worried about it. Literally...a national celebration?

**** outta here. Discussing it for 20 minutes at work then laughing at a lebron fan the next day...is not a national celebration. Its...finding it funny when a bunch of cocky guys get exposed on tv.

Its not the Rodney King riots. Lets just cal lit what it is. A brief period of lighthearted mocking.

Nobody outside Ohio or texas needed to call out the enxt morning due to "Lebron lost" celebration....

Its just the latest in a string of overblown sports stories the general public is sick of hearing about.
Who the f#ck made any comparisons to the Rodney King riots? What a strawman argument. :oldlol:

It lingered on as long (or longer) than ANY sports story before the public moved on to something else, due to it being the f#cking offseason for the NBA (maybe the longest offseason that the league has ever seen).

You're saying that, since people aren't still actively celebrating the Mavs' win that this must be proof that James is no longer hated by a majority of sports fans? That is a bizarre argument, to be perfectly honest.

And, obviously, any comments I make about celebrations nation-wide are in a sports context, not the context of real-world events that have an actual impact on people's lives (ie: Rodney King, flash mobs in Europe, Egypt overthrow, etc).

In terms of the sports world, though, it was a nation-wide celebration... and James is not well liked.

I thought those two sentiments were common knowledge and not even open to debate.

Kblaze8855
08-13-2011, 05:46 PM
Who said he was "now completely forgiven by the American sports fan"? Wasnt me. But you explained why it wasnt the case. So I assumed you had no problem with arguing things nobody said.

And it wasnt even a nationwide sports world celebration. If only for the fact that I know not one person who seemed to care in any way beyond poking at a couple lebron fans disproves that.

People did not care as much as you seem to think. It was a quick laugh...and thats about it. People nationwide dont hate Lebron. I might go as far as saying I dont know anyone who does. Im not sure black people even...dislike him.

Im in southcarolina...and in the last year ive been in Atlanta, charlotte, myrtle beach and ive seen people repping lebron everywhere. I know lebron fans in texas.I work with many lebron fans. In the room im in right now....2 lebron fans.

Polls dont show much of that. Perhaps I just know too many black people and its more the whites and people I dont deal with much outside work who are outraged...but I just dont see it. As ive said...I watched The Decision on ESPn mobile on a coworkers phone....10-15 people huddled around...not one person the least bit annoyed. I saw no anger at all...till I got online.

Its possible that the kinds of people to vote in polls on a site hate lebron. That isnt the same as sports fans. Ive been in a strp club in atlanta and seen people(strippers and just...people) watching Heat games rooting for him.

The hate is not nearly as widespread as its being made out to be. That or its everywhere but the southeast....or everyone cares but black people.

RedBlackAttack
08-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Who said he was "now completely forgiven by the American sports fan"? Wasnt me.
Obviously, I assumed that this was your stance since it was pretty obvious during the course of this past season that James was roundly disliked. He was singled-out and booed in every visiting arena. He was mocked by fans across the country at various points during the course of the year, be it for statements made or play on the court.

Every poll conducted showed a likability rating that was plummeting. Criticism was coming from fans on the street, commentators in the studios, GMs for other teams that have nothing to do with the situation...

It is very, very difficult to have a consensus in the sports world... But, the dislike for James outside of his hardest core fans and Miami was as close to a consensus as anything you will ever see in the sporting world.

I'm not sure how that is even a remotely controversial statement. I'd wager that most neutral people would agree that this was the sentiment last season.

So, if it is agreed that this was the general sentiment, then there would have had to have been a change from then to now if, suddenly, most people are either supportive or neutral when it comes to James.

I don't believe that is the case.

PJR
08-13-2011, 06:54 PM
:oldlol: Scott Raab is your typical Cleveland honkey who has taken the upmost irrational stance on LeBron, and has admitted too as such.

And for a professional writer, dude says some of the most foul shit you can say about a person(he had some ridiculous rants via his twitter account). Just takes sports far too seriously. It one of the reasons why he was banned from the Heat, and had his credentials stripped from the Miami Heat PR department. Takes sh*t way too far.

Derka
08-13-2011, 07:33 PM
This guy is like...on par with the President for the amount of hate people will commit to print about him. Craziness.

The Iron Fist
08-14-2011, 01:22 AM
Akron and Cleveland should be happy lebron made those two cities relevant. 99% of the people in the US didn't even know those places existed prior to the kings arrival.
So people had never heard of the Cleveland Indians, or the Cleveland Browns?

I guess Drew Careys show wasn't based in Cleveland either.

Good **** you kids are stupid.

The Iron Fist
08-14-2011, 01:26 AM

:applause:

AlphaWolf24
08-14-2011, 01:49 AM
Literally a nationwide celebration? And he "enraged the general sports world"? Please.

Moved on.

People in general...are not that worried about it. Literally...a national celebration? you think someone was enraged that Lebron said he was still Lebron and his haters arent? Enraged? I understand hyperbole...but thats just the issue. It is nothing but hyperbole because people did NOT care that much.

Discussing it for 20 minutes at work then laughing at a lebron fan the next day...is not a national celebration. Its...finding it funny when a bunch of cocky guys get exposed on tv. Lebron making an arrogant comment in a press conference did not inflame the public with rage. It made some people go "Man...that guy is a dick...". Mothing more.

Its not the Rodney King riots. Lets just cal lit what it is. A brief period of lighthearted mocking...and mild annoyance.

Nobody outside Ohio or texas needed to call out the next morning due to "Lebron lost" celebration....

FAIL...I live in Cali and visit North East Ohio twice a year...The Man is veiwed as everything that is wrong with modern day athlete.

The "decision" was a never before seen deliberate act of egotistical indulgence...The Heat were a polarizing team that garnered national attention and when they failed it was national news and garnered more attention then maybe any team in NBA History ever seen.

to sit back now and say only a small % of media cares about is...is total B.S.

it's a nationwide affair that even crosses the sports boundaries and enters the real of moral capacity....the man made a B1tchmoves of epic sports proportion that basketball fans and people in general have never seen or never want to see.

Kblaze8855
08-14-2011, 02:06 AM
Obviously, I assumed that this was your stance since it was pretty obvious during the course of this past season that James was roundly disliked. He was singled-out and booed in every visiting arena. He was mocked by fans across the country at various points during the course of the year, be it for statements made or play on the court.

Every poll conducted showed a likability rating that was plummeting. Criticism was coming from fans on the street, commentators in the studios, GMs for other teams that have nothing to do with the situation...

It is very, very difficult to have a consensus in the sports world... But, the dislike for James outside of his hardest core fans and Miami was as close to a consensus as anything you will ever see in the sporting world.

I'm not sure how that is even a remotely controversial statement. I'd wager that most neutral people would agree that this was the sentiment last season.

So, if it is agreed that this was the general sentiment, then there would have had to have been a change from then to now if, suddenly, most people are either supportive or neutral when it comes to James.

I don't believe that is the case.

Ignoring for a moment the fact that internet like or dislike polls are almost always gonna be negative because people are often gonna vote to hate just for a laugh and that people tend to go negative over positive...in almost everything....

These polls you talk about?

In may 10...before the decision...in the poll most referenced...he had 24% of people saying they liked him. 22 that they didnt. Rest were in different. After? 15 liked...24 didnt...rest didnt care. So...

At the peak of him being hated on....76% of people polled either liked him or didnt care either way. Compared to....76% either liking him or not caring before. Just a matter of the ratio between liking and not caring. In the other major poll I see referenced(CNBC one espn ran with)...

72% found him appealing in 2010...and 61% last year during the playoffs. 59% after the finals. It peaked around 64% during the season. Even RIGHt after the finals a pol asking if people would trust him was damn near 50/50(49 to 51). IT was only at 56percent on the Cavs. Im reading an ESPN article ripping him for his Q rating dropping...to like 10 or 11. It was 18 to begin with. The espn article has anotherp oll saying 15 is average for a sports personality...he went to 14 after the decision. 1% below average. The poll on most hated athlete...he came in LESS HATED than Kobe, or even Chad Johnson. Who hated chad johnson these days? Most people just didnt care.

And this is your univeral hate or dislike?

That is universal indifference if anything.

People...do...not...care. Not anymore. And these polls arent accurate anyway. Guy sold half a million shoes and had the top selling jersey in the game. I literally...do not know a single person who seems to hate him.

Believe it or not..I am considered the Lebron hater in my group of friends/family/coworkers.

Perhaps its what I said earlier and the hate just doesnt run that deep among the people I deal with. Iven ot asked many heartland 46 year old white fathers of 4.

The people around me have been joking about it or supporting him. my mom the night of it actually called me to laugh at the idiots in cleveland burning jerseys. I was with like 20 people with most of the conversation being jokes about how hes gonna have to send Pat Riley and Rick Ross to sneak his mom out of Ohio. Its always been a joking matter to everyone around me.

I saw the grown men crying on tv and lal but...I just dont buy that emotions ran nearly that deep nationwide. As I said...I know people in texas who rep him. DC(where I used to live)...lots. Chicago(where im from)? No real change from his Cavs days. Bulls fans dont rep cavs players. Not ones my age at least. If there was a change...it was in support of him ****ing over the cavs. Ive been in Atlanta seeing people rep Lebron. All over the place.

You know the one guy I know who hates him? Just remembered him. Guy I worked with....who is from dover Ohio.

So....what do I take from that?

Im supposed to assume hes hated because hes booed(quietly for the most part...the Cavs fans didnt even boo him that much..not compared to Vc in toronto)? Id boo him if he played my team. Id be laughing about it...but id boo.

Its just a good time. Id boo for the same reason I stole Lebron jokes from ISh to **** with my friends who like him.

Its funny.

Doesnt mean I actually have strong negative feelings about him. Or even mild. I(and it seems...most) dont really care about him at all. i'll tallk about him because he plays a sport I enjoy. But really...im not worried about that man. He can play where he wants and do as he pleases. Not bugging me. If hes hated for arrogance and playing for the wrong team...if I were Lebron famous? And the shit ive done came out? Id be more hated than him.

Im not judging the guy over petty shit like where he wants to play or how he announces it.

DCL
08-14-2011, 03:59 AM
wow, this hate is really off the charts.

sure, i thought lebron was a d1ck too, but his life is his, and my life is mine, so at the end of the day, it doesn't change anything in my life and i can't really give a sh!t.

but daaaaamn, some people are still like totally obsessed up the ass. this is stan territory, but on the other extreme end. pretty sad. really.

AlphaWolf24
08-14-2011, 05:06 AM
Ignoring for a moment the fact that internet like or dislike polls are almost always gonna be negative because people are often gonna vote to hate just for a laugh and that people tend to go negative over positive...in almost everything....

These polls you talk about?

In may 10...before the decision...in the poll most referenced...he had 24% of people saying they liked him. 22 that they didnt. Rest were in different. After? 15 liked...24 didnt...rest didnt care. So...

At the peak of him being hated on....76% of people polled either liked him or didnt care either way. Compared to....76% either liking him or not caring before. Just a matter of the ratio between liking and not caring. In the other major poll I see referenced(CNBC one espn ran with)...

72% found him appealing in 2010...and 61% last year during the playoffs. 59% after the finals. It peaked around 64% during the season. Even RIGHt after the finals a pol asking if people would trust him was damn near 50/50(49 to 51). IT was only at 56percent on the Cavs. Im reading an ESPN article ripping him for his Q rating dropping...to like 10 or 11. It was 18 to begin with. The espn article has anotherp oll saying 15 is average for a sports personality...he went to 14 after the decision. 1% below average. The poll on most hated athlete...he came in LESS HATED than Kobe, or even Chad Johnson. Who hated chad johnson these days? Most people just didnt care.

And this is your univeral hate or dislike?

That is universal indifference if anything.

People...do...not...care. Not anymore. And these polls arent accurate anyway. Guy sold half a million shoes and had the top selling jersey in the game. I literally...do not know a single person who seems to hate him.

Believe it or not..I am considered the Lebron hater in my group of friends/family/coworkers.

Perhaps its what I said earlier and the hate just doesnt run that deep among the people I deal with. Iven ot asked many heartland 46 year old white fathers of 4.

The people around me have been joking about it or supporting him. my mom the night of it actually called me to laugh at the idiots in cleveland burning jerseys. I was with like 20 people with most of the conversation being jokes about how hes gonna have to send Pat Riley and Rick Ross to sneak his mom out of Ohio. Its always been a joking matter to everyone around me.

I saw the grown men crying on tv and lal but...I just dont buy that emotions ran nearly that deep nationwide. As I said...I know people in texas who rep him. DC(where I used to live)...lots. Chicago(where im from)? No real change from his Cavs days. Bulls fans dont rep cavs players. Not ones my age at least. If there was a change...it was in support of him ****ing over the cavs. Ive been in Atlanta seeing people rep Lebron. All over the place.

You know the one guy I know who hates him? Just remembered him. Guy I worked with....who is from dover Ohio.

So....what do I take from that?

Im supposed to assume hes hated because hes booed(quietly for the most part...the Cavs fans didnt even boo him that much..not compared to Vc in toronto)? Id boo him if he played my team. Id be laughing about it...but id boo.

Its just a good time. Id boo for the same reason I stole Lebron jokes from ISh to **** with my friends who like him.

Its funny.

Doesnt mean I actually have strong negative feelings about him. Or even mild. I(and it seems...most) dont really care about him at all. i'll tallk about him because he plays a sport I enjoy. But really...im not worried about that man. He can play where he wants and do as he pleases. Not bugging me. If hes hated for arrogance and playing for the wrong team...if I were Lebron famous? And the shit ive done came out? Id be more hated than him.

Im not judging the guy over petty shit like where he wants to play or how he announces it.

On July 8, 2010, James announced on a live ESPN special, The Decision, that he would be playing for the Miami Heat for the 2010–11 season and teaming with Miami's other All-Star free agent signees Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.[76] The Decision was broadcast from the Boys and Girls Club of Greenwich, Connecticut.

In this fall, this is very tough, in this fall I'm going to take my talents to South Beach and join the Miami Heat.

The Cavaliers were informed of James' decision minutes before the show began. The television program drew high ratings as well as criticism for the prolonged wait until James' actual decision and the spectacle of the show itself

In Cleveland, fans considered James' departure a betrayal that ranks second to Art Modell's efforts to relocate the Cleveland Browns to Baltimore.] Cleveland Cavaliers fans were video taped Burning James jerseys in the streets of downtown Cleveland and majority owner Dan Gilbert almost immediately published an open letter to fans, denouncing James' decision as a "selfish", "heartless", "callous", and "cowardly betrayal", while guaranteeing that the Cavs would win an NBA title before the "self-declared former King

In April 2010, Forbes ranked James as the second most influential athlete behind Lance Armstrong.

In September 2010, The Q Score Company ranked James as the sixth most disliked sports personality behind Michael Vick, Tiger Woods, Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco

On July 9, James officially completed a sign-and-trade deal with the Miami Heat. On the same day, the Heat threw a welcome party and introduced James, Wade and Bosh to the 13,000 Heat fans at American Airlines Arena. The rock concert atmosphere Guaranteeing 8 championships and featured the trio arriving to plumes of smoke with Bosh and Wade pointing to the crowd and James strutting around. Howard Beck of The New York Times described the national fan reaction to the party: "Everyone saw something: arrogance, self-indulgence, boldness, cowardice, pride, friendship, collusion, joy, cynicism, heroes, mercenaries

Aug 21 2011 Former NBA players criticized his decision to not stay with Cleveland and continuing to try to win a championship as "the guy".[91] Michael Jordan stated that he would not have contacted his rivals from other teams like Magic Johnson and Larry Bird to play on one team together, as "I wanted to defeat those guys." Jordan added that "...things are different [now]. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today."[92] Johnson echoed Jordan's sentiments on teaming with rivals

On September 29, 2010, asked by Soledad O'Brien of CNN if race was a factor in the fallout from The Decision, James said, "I think so, at times. There's always – you know, a race factor." James had previously stayed clear of racial issues. When the earlier controversy over his cover on Vogue became a national debate, James had no comment.[96] Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com, said James suddenly bringing up race in this instance was "laughable." Jason Whitlock of Foxsports.com said James' usage of the race card was "an excuse to avoid dealing with his own bad (The) Decision.

November 7 2011 Nike releases a Lebron James commercial parodying the decision....5 days later Cleveland fans make thier own Nike commercial on Youtube making fun of Lebron James ..Nike stopped running the comercial 2 days later

On December 2, the Heat played in Cleveland in James' first game back since departing as a free agent. The crowd directed derisive chants and signs at James, who was booed every time he touched the ball through the entire game. With tight security, the crowd was rowdy but not violent and there was only one arrest and four ejections. James scored a then-season-high 38 points and Miami won in a 118–90 blowout as the hostile crowd was quieted before halftime

In the 2011 NBA Finals James finished with averages of 17.8 points, 6.8 assists, and 7.1 rebounds, although the Miami Heat were beaten in 6 games by the Dallas Mavericks, 4–2. Throughout the postseason James averaged 23.6 points, 5.8 assists, and 8.3 rebounds. James's 17.8 points per game (down 8.9 points from 26.7) in the Finals was the largest drop off in points from a regular season to an NBA Finals in NBA history

July 20 2011 - According to bombshell survey results, U.S. sports fans don't think much of LeBron James. The "King of Zero Rings," is no longer ranked among the top 10 most popular athletes in America.

in a span of 1year....the man ruined his legacy , and had the maybe the Biggest Dropoff of popularity and effectivness in sports History...buy simply leaving.

yet your are here saying "no one really cares" except your BFF from Ohio...
yet everything says that sports fans do care.....and the term "fan" is short for another word.

next

Kblaze8855
08-14-2011, 05:29 AM
Biggest dropoff in popularity and effectiveness in history? Who is buying all these jerseys and shoes? The biggest dropoff in history is 24 percent approval to 15? Show me numbers I already referenced. Show me how hes listed as less hated than Chad Johnson of all people...who I dont think ive heard be hated on in 4 or 5 years. Hes supposedly hated less than Kobe....

And just so happens im watching eddie griffins "And you can tell him i said it". On comedy central on demand. Filmed in oakland...he mentioned how white people in cleveland are upset over nothing and the crowd(mostly black) cheered as loud as they have all night.

But everyone hates Lebron....

At least everyone except...every single person ive ever talked about it to..who does not have Ohio ties.

All Net
08-14-2011, 06:38 AM
:bowdown:
wow, this hate is really off the charts.

sure, i thought lebron was a d1ck too, but his life is his, and my life is mine, so at the end of the day, it doesn't change anything in my life and i can't really give a sh!t.

but daaaaamn, some people are still like totally obsessed up the ass. this is stan territory, but on the other extreme end. pretty sad. really.
Once he wins it might change but for now? It will last a while.

Rowe
08-14-2011, 10:51 AM
What is this book supposed to prove?:confusedshrug:

LeBron "ruined his legacy by leaving Cleveland"? Not a chance. They were going as far as he could carry them and when he was 32, they'd finally wish him well after demanding a trade. The problem is that they wouldn't have had the cap space to attract a legit #2 option. Because Cleveland is acquiring pieces to "win now" they would continue taking on veterans with bad contracts. After a certain point, which probably would've been right now after trading Jamison's expirer for a bad contract, Cleveland would be in the same situation as Orlando is now. You've got a superstar but your future doesn't look too great.

LeBron "ruined his legacy by joining Miami"? Yes. Only because his individual greatness is being sacrificed for the sake of the Miami Heat's greatness as a team. If the Heat are successful, people will tie it into the greatness of LeBron, Wade, Bosh, & whoever emerges as their important role players. If the Heat fail, people will tie it into the failure of LeBron & Bosh considering Wade already has a Championship.

What LeBron should've done? Joined the New York Knicks. The benefits of that decision would've been amazing. I'm still willing to move Melo for LeBron to this day.:violin:

winwin
08-15-2011, 02:03 PM
http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2011/08/361796933.jpg

'Akron' T-shirt creates buzz when seen on LeBron

The Associated Press

AKRON, Ohio -- A T-shirt design tying Akron to the team that welcomed hometown hero LeBron James after he left the is creating a buzz after the basketball star donned one in photos he posted using his Twitter account.

The design created by two University of Akron students says 'AKRON' in the same font used on Miami Heat jerseys and features a flame shooting out of the 'N.,' the Akron Beacon Journal reported (http://bit.ly/pHieq8).

Co-creator Willie Harper told the newspaper he had asked a friend to give James the shirt.

James' Aug. 1 photo tweets received thousands of hits and led to a swirl of Internet rumors that the shirt was a Nike product, but Harper said that's not the case.

"I'm the culprit," he told the Beacon Journal for a story this week on its web site.

One photo shows James with a boy and girl and says, "Look who I ran into on my way to my kids camp. Cyrus and Leila from the lemonade stand." Earlier posts show the children had raised $81.66 at a lemonade stand in New Canaan, Conn., and mailed it to James for the LeBron James Family Foundation. He calls it "the most amazing thing I've ever got from fans/kids."

James tweeted another photo later that day in which he is wearing the shirt with two other fans.

Harper said he and design partner Thomas McFarland didn't intend to offend anyone by linking the city to the Heat, a team many Cleveland fans love to hate ever since James chose them over the Cavaliers last summer.

"A lot of people love LeBron still. It could be like a support shirt," said Harper, of Copley Township.

He also said it could be worn to display Akron pride.

Harper, who works as a nursing assistant and plans to get a master's degree in social work, said dozens of the shirts have sold since the spring, some to people who reached him through his own Twitter account.

The shirts are screen printed at a local shop and also offered at the Y.R.&G. - Young, Rich & Gorgeous - kiosk he directs at a mall in the area.

LBJFTW
08-15-2011, 02:28 PM

Please stop posting nonsense.

99% of the people didn't know about Cleveland before James? :oldlol:

What team/place is more deserving of a great player than the place that spawned his creation? I could understand if he was born in Ohio and moved to Miami his first year, but he was born in Ohio and played there. Be thankful you live during an era where you can see such an athlete perform in the first place.

DirtySanchez
08-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Who is LeBron James?

Phong
08-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Who is LeBron James?Some whore known for having daddy issues, a big *****, a big mouth and choking when things get hard. http://static.gamekult.com/i/forum/icones/icon67.gif

I.R.Beast
08-15-2011, 05:15 PM

i thought the same tooo...lol...

chips93
08-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Some whore known for having daddy issues, a big *****, a big mouth and choking when things get hard. http://static.gamekult.com/i/forum/icones/icon67.gif

you sir, need a hobby

winwin
08-16-2011, 01:15 AM
Some whore known for having daddy issues, a big *****, a big mouth and choking when things get hard. http://static.gamekult.com/i/forum/icones/icon67.gif
:D

jbryan1984
08-16-2011, 07:10 AM
I think most of us are over it. Of course I am not going to cheer him or want him to win but if you look at other threads we discuss him in, I don't say "I hate that fukcer" or anything. I can discuss LeBron without doing that and I can disrespect LeBron without doing that. Obviously, he is one of the greatest players of all time but making it deep in the playoffs and losing is really no different than not even making the playoffs other than getting great draft picks if you don't make it. So if he never wins, he never would have with us either so nothing really to be upset about you know?

OhNoTimNoSho
08-16-2011, 09:06 AM

That picture is really creepy, lebron looks like a monster

clipps
08-16-2011, 09:47 AM
This is the cover:

:oldlol:

cavsfanatic
08-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Cleveland is arguable the most garbage city in the U.S.A. so i'm sure LeBron isnt regretting his choice one bit unless he starts getting homesick since he was able to reach the Finals his FIRST year with the Heat.

People needs to get on with their lives and just deal with the fact on what happened.
You never been to Cleveland ******. Cleveland better than Akron and Lebron still live here. He didn't leave cuz the city you idiot

d.bball.guy
08-16-2011, 02:02 PM

That picture is really creepy, lebron looks like a monster
That's photoshopped, those kids are not really smiling.

winwin
08-24-2011, 10:58 PM
can't wait for November

copies for
GreatGreg and RRR3

:pimp: