PDA

View Full Version : If you were a Heat fan would you rather keep Wade or LeBron?

Da Heroic One
06-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Say you had to dump one of those guys, which one would you rather keep?

iamgine
06-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Lebron

-younger
-better
-more famous
-no injury history

thatoneblackguy
06-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Just thinking about being a Heat fan makes me sick.

NugzHeat3
06-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Lebron

-younger
-better
-more famous
-no injury history
You're a massive tool.

It's Wade and no need to think twice about it.

yobore
06-13-2011, 02:26 PM
As a Heat fan I'd go with Wade because I'd be more attached to him.

But rationally I'd go with Lebron and do something like CP + picks and extras for Wade.

No way the Heat would trade their guy though he already got them a championship that'd be beat up.

boozehound
06-13-2011, 02:27 PM
uhm, both?

ihatetimthomas
06-13-2011, 02:27 PM
The easy choice is to keep Lebron because he is younger and less injury prone. But lets take it a step further. Who can bring back better talent? If you trade Wade, you are not getting as good value in return because he is 29. But if you trade Lebron, you can essentially get any player in the league you want because he is still young. I don't think Wade could net a guy like Dwight, but I do think Lebron could net a guy like Dwight.

DirtySanchez
06-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Wade

Trade LeBron for Howard.

Streetballer
06-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Say you had to dump one of those guys, which one would you rather keep?

Trade Both of them
Wade Prob have about 3 years left playing at a top level(always getting hurt because he plays so reckless)
And Lebron Because what you see is what you get(Will never show up when the games really matters most) I think dude has Peaked..

Trade Wade for Baka and WestBrook or ( D-will and Lopez))
Send Lebron To L.A For Pau, And Bynum and Lamar

Make it Happen PAT!!!!
http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/092010/dancefail-12.gif

Real Men Wear Green
06-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Wade is Jeter, James is A-Rod.

Da Heroic One
06-13-2011, 03:46 PM
uhm, both?
Invalid answer.

Mr. Incredible
06-13-2011, 03:48 PM
At this time Wade.

But then again, LeBron has all the talent in the world. If he actually works on his game & becomes focused, he can shut us all up.

8BeastlyXOIAD
06-13-2011, 03:49 PM

http://nerissairving.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/son.jpg

Jeter is the most overrated athlete in Sports History

klee
06-13-2011, 03:52 PM

And Wade isn't overrated?

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-13-2011, 03:57 PM
answer: test the market for each player. I think they will find that they can get something special for Lebron. Either one great player (DHoward) or two very good players to give them greater depth.

Lebron for Tony Parker + RJeff.... something like that.

Indian guy
06-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Unless LeBron's willing to drop 15+ pounds and promises to not pull of weird sh!t like the Finals, I'd keep Wade. He's simply the better player. LeBron's been a ridiculously overrated player all season.

ChandlerParsons
06-13-2011, 03:59 PM
whoa
Overrated how?

ihatetimthomas
06-13-2011, 03:59 PM
answer: test the market for each player. I think they will find that they can get something special for Lebron. Either one great player (DHoward) or two very good players to give them greater depth.

Lebron for Tony Parker + RJeff.... something like that.

No offense, but that trade would be horrid for Miami.

jrong
06-13-2011, 04:01 PM

He's the best player in the NBA. So unless you have him higher than that, he's not overrated.

Also, if you knew anything about what Wade has done in eight years versus how much credit he received, you would understand that the words overrated and Wade have no relationship to each other whatsoever. They are foreign terms.

8BeastlyXOIAD
06-13-2011, 04:05 PM
He's the best player in the NBA. So unless you have him higher than that, he's not overrated.

Also, if you knew anything about what Wade has done in eight years versus how much credit he received, you would understand that the words overrated and Wade have no relationship to each other whatsoever. They are foreign terms.

not sure if ph@g.........**see's user-name...........quickly closes thread**

Real Men Wear Green
06-13-2011, 04:11 PM

Not going to get into what the correct rating of Wade or Jeter is, because I don't care what you think of Jeter. The similarities I refer to are this: Wade is loved in Miami and is the guy who comes through with the big plays in the clutch. He's led the Heat to a Championship. Similar story with Jeter in NY, except Jeter is even more beloved and has won even more Championships. Then A-Rod/James comes along, he's the phenom with the personal awards in abundance, the guy everyone thinks is the best player in the game, recognized as an ubertalent before he played a game as a pro but has no rings coming into his new team and isn't loved by the fans either.

Rysio
06-13-2011, 04:13 PM
let me think, the player that showed up in the finals and played with heart(sure choked a little in 4th but still) or the biggest quitter in sports

tough choice

:rolleyes:

bingo123
06-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Its funny how a lot of guys want to be smart with those trade.... for ..... after their first season together in which they were 2 wins away from becoming a champions.

Jasper
06-13-2011, 05:23 PM
No choice - you keep them both .
They both are top 5 players of the league.

JVG started this after the game , which was the most as$holish comment I ever heard him make.
Basically he stated it to cover up the fact that he knew as we all did that Lebron lost his confidence in his jump shot , and just because of that you change a franchise :banghead:

Da Heroic One
06-13-2011, 10:56 PM
At this time Wade.

But then again, LeBron has all the talent in the world. If he actually works on his game & becomes focused, he can shut us all up.
So thats pretty much never.

Samurai Swoosh
06-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Really apt comparison.

Killer_Instinct
06-13-2011, 10:58 PM
Anyone that doesn't say Wade isn't a Heat fan.

Da Heroic One
06-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Really apt comparison.
What?

Smoke117
06-13-2011, 11:20 PM
James obviously because of age and health.

strifed169
06-13-2011, 11:24 PM
The guy who showed more heart and put his body on the line to win it all

ship the diva

Samurai Swoosh
06-13-2011, 11:25 PM
What?
It means its a spot on comparison.

thejumpa
06-13-2011, 11:28 PM
I'd rather keep them both. In their first year, they won 58 games and reached the Finals. Get a better offensive scheme in there, some more size down low, and they will have another chance at a title. Any talk about trading any of the Big 3 is a knee-jerk reaction at it's finest.

SpaceJammeR
06-13-2011, 11:37 PM
i'd rather keep wade honestly if i had to choose. but who knows maybe lebron gets over this mental block in the next finals and plays to his potential. that is the day i'll be waiting for.

Da Heroic One
06-17-2011, 12:52 AM
I'd rather keep them both. In their first year, they won 58 games and reached the Finals. Get a better offensive scheme in there, some more size down low, and they will have another chance at a title. Any talk about trading any of the Big 3 is a knee-jerk reaction at it's finest.
Not an option dumbass read the thread again.

williams012
05-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Wonder if some of you ******* would change your answer ...

francesco totti
05-05-2012, 11:40 AM
its definetly lebron, his game is more complete then wade.
Alot of the weakness of the current heat is all covered by lebron james.
whether on defensive end , or offensive one.

LakersReign
05-05-2012, 11:48 AM
If you were really a Heat fan and NOT a Lebronyte who became a Heat fan on July 2010, this would never be an issue.:no:

arifgokcen
05-05-2012, 11:55 AM
If you were really a Heat fan and NOT a Lebronyte who became a Heat fan on July 2010, this would never be an issue.:no:

This is so wrong.Lakers traded away shaq to keep kobe.You know why because shaq was much older on the downfall.If you are a dwade fan yes however if you are a heat fan real heat fan(before wade)you want your team win as much as possible.So you never trade your younger star player and especially when this player is head and shoulders above anyone else in the league.

LakersReign
05-05-2012, 12:08 PM
This is so wrong.Lakers traded away shaq to keep kobe.You know why because shaq was much older on the downfall.If you are a dwade fan yes however if you are a heat fan real heat fan(before wade)you want your team win as much as possible.So you never trade your younger star player and especially when this player is head and shoulders above anyone else in the league.

Please.:rolleyes:

There's nothing even remotely similar there, so stop reaching. Furthermore, to even suggest that the Heat now need to trade Wade, "for the good of the team" is ludicrous as hell. You do realize that if it wasn't for Wade, Lebron would be playing on another team....right? Lebronytes want Wade gone cuz they already know it will never be Lebron's team until he steps up and outperforms Wade in the playoffs and Finals. Something he has yet to do. Since you brought it up, the Lakers didn't officially become Magic's team until he stepping for an injured Kareem and won a title. I say again, if you were a REAL Heat fan BEFORE July 2010, this would never be an issue.

KingBeasley08
05-05-2012, 12:16 PM

There's nothing even remotely similar there, so stop reaching. Furthermore, to even suggest that the Heat now need to trade Wade, "for the good of the team" is ludicrous as hell. You do realize that if it wasn't for Wade, Lebron would be playing on another team....right? I say again, if you were a REAL Heat fan BEFORE July 2010, this would never be an issue.
well neither are gonna be traded. if one had to be traded, i can see why most would say wade as he's the older, more injury prone player. although this is all hypothetical, since neither of them are gonna be traded

BlueandGold
05-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Which one of those players have already proven they can get it done when it really matters and go all the way?

I would pick that one.

DukeDelonte13
05-05-2012, 12:19 PM
i think this question is tough. Lebron is the much better player and has much more in the tank but is a failure as a team leader and is mentally soft. Wade plays like a warrior and can lead a team. Wade also has loyalty which sorry to say is important thing to look for in a player now a days. Nobody wants a Cleveland/Orlando debacle on their hands.

EnoughSaid
05-05-2012, 12:19 PM
I'd honestly keep Wade, and trade LeBron, because you can get much more for LeBron. If they were able to get Howard, and then maybe some other pieces, a Wade/Bosh/Howard trio would be amazing. :rockon:

pmj
05-05-2012, 12:20 PM

There's nothing even remotely similar there, so stop reaching. Furthermore, to even suggest that the Heat now need to trade Wade, "for the good of the team" is ludicrous as hell. You do realize that if it wasn't for Wade, Lebron would be playing on another team....right? I say again, if you were a REAL Heat fan BEFORE July 2010, this would never be an issue.

Why are you speaking on behalf of all Heat fans?

I've been a Heat fan since Zo and Timmy and the obvious answer is Lebron. Wade is the emotional choice, but Lebron is the logical choice. Luckily we don't have to make the choice, and Bosh would get traded if anyone does.

LakersReign
05-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Why are you speaking on behalf of all Heat fans?

I've been a Heat fan since Zo and Timmy and the obvious answer is Lebron. Wade is the emotional choice, but Lebron is the logical choice. Luckily we don't have to make the choice, and Bosh would get traded if anyone does.

I'm sorry, I thought this was an NBA forum, where people could voice their opinions about the NBA. How foolish of me

Bajanmale
05-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Keep Wade. Lebron should have never came. We went thru alot with Wade, I would hate to see him play for another team. Give me the 15-67 season over Lebron coming here. Really loved my team back then although we sucked.

pegasus
05-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Keep Wade. Lebron should have never came. We went thru alot with Wade, I would hate to see him play for another team. Give me the 15-67 season over Lebron coming here. Really loved my team back then although we sucked.

A true Miami Heat fan trying to hold on to the good side. Gotta respect that.:applause:

Wade is a bitch tho.

pauk
05-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Lebron

-younger
-better
-more famous
-no injury history

This.. love Wade and he has alot of history in Miami, so its very difficult to let him go... but for the better of the team today if you had a gun pulled to your temple being forced to choose im sure everybody would go with Lebron... most at least, those who wouldnt means they didnt care about more success/longevity but emotional/sentimental feelings towards Wade...

LBJDW305
05-05-2012, 01:28 PM
I love dwade but lebron is the better player...it would really suck to have to trade any of them tho unless we get a guy like Howard or bynum

guy
05-05-2012, 01:29 PM
A Wade injury or a Lebron meltdown should be the only thing that would keep the Heat from winning it all this year. If either one of those happened, you probably trade that player. Its not that simple. I really don't see how anyone in their right mind could say Wade should be the one traded if Lebron flames out the way he has the past 2 seasons.

dunksby
05-05-2012, 01:30 PM
At this point easily Lebron.

pauk
05-05-2012, 01:31 PM
A Wade injury or a Lebron meltdown should be the only thing that would keep the Heat from winning it all this year. If either one of those happened, you probably trade that player. Its not that simple. I really don't see how anyone in their right mind could say Wade should be the one traded if Lebron flames out the way he has the past 2 seasons.

Lebron was the biggest reason to why the Heat got to the Finals and to what you see today from Heat...

Before that happened Wade couldnt get past 1st round in the playoffs since 2006... meanwhile during that time take a look at what Lebron did...

Just trying to be fair here...

rodman91
05-05-2012, 01:33 PM

Lebron made Heat dynasty caliber team from nowhere, **** sympathy. It's all about winning. :facepalm

Inactive
05-05-2012, 01:33 PM
If I was a Heat fan, I'd lie, and say Wade. :oldlol:

tmacattack33
05-05-2012, 01:34 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Quickening
05-05-2012, 01:36 PM
lol at people saying Wade..... taking a player out of his prime, becoming injury prone for the best player in the world, who has just entered his prime.:lol

Hater are mad.:lol :roll: :oldlol:

longhornfan1234
05-05-2012, 01:38 PM
A true Miami Heat fan trying to hold on to the good side. Gotta respect that.:applause:

Wade is a bitch tho.

^

I hate this *******. I'll kick your child in the nuts repeatedly while you're handcuffed to a nearby stair banister.

guy
05-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Lebron was the biggest reason to why the Heat got to the Finals and to what you see today from Heat...

Before that happened Wade couldnt get past 1st round in the playoffs since 2006...

And Lebron was also the biggest reason they lost in the Finals last year. If Lebron flames out the way he did the last 2 years, we should be able to accept that the ceiling of a Lebron-led team is going to be a great regular season and a deep playoff run that will eventually end in losing because of Lebron shrinking to a bizarre level. And if thats the case, what exactly is the point of a great regular season and deep playoff run but no title?

Not to mention, even with that being the case they would still probably be able to get more for Lebron then they would for Wade. Thats another thing. What they can get for either one of those would probably matter as well.

Another thing, if Lebron flames out like last year, and then the Heat trade Wade instead of Lebron, there will be a huge backlash from the Miami fanbase. Lebron might actually become hated in Miami. And I'm sure that wouldn't help that team's success.

I have doubts they trade either of them anyway. More then likely, they would do something like Bosh for Lowry+Scola which I believe was reported as something the Rockets would do.

Alamo
05-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Lebron is 27 Wade is 30. Easy choice

arifgokcen
05-05-2012, 01:49 PM

There's nothing even remotely similar there, so stop reaching. Furthermore, to even suggest that the Heat now need to trade Wade, "for the good of the team" is ludicrous as hell. You do realize that if it wasn't for Wade, Lebron would be playing on another team....right? Lebronytes want Wade gone cuz they already know it will never be Lebron's team until he steps up and outperforms Wade in the playoffs and Finals. Something he has yet to do. Since you brought it up, the Lakers didn't officially become Magic's team until he stepping for an injured Kareem and won a title. I say again, if you were a REAL Heat fan BEFORE July 2010, this would never be an issue.

I never suggested that.I wouldnt trade wade.Nobody in their right mind would.However if it comes down to that wade would be my obvious choice and secondly i am not a heat fan never was never will be.You see the thread title if you were a heat fan.Assumed incident is exactly what lakers went through.However assumed is the keyword here.Magic was a rookie when he stepped up so i dont know whats the problem.

BTW wade himself said lebron is the best player repeatedly.So everyone now agrees ,besides lebron haters of course,that this is lebron's team.Even miller who is not a fan of james recently said that and added this was a long due

Again i am not a heat fan never will be.if you were ......

LBJDW305
05-05-2012, 01:56 PM

Before that happened Wade couldnt get past 1st round in the playoffs since 2006... meanwhile during that time take a look at what Lebron did...

Just trying to be fair here...

Wade won a ring a at age 24 with an OLD SHAQ (Not prime laker shaq) and a bunch of OLD GASSED players on his team... NO WADE NO RING so i dont know WTF your talking about...Give me young wade again over lebron

Owl
05-05-2012, 02:10 PM
You're a massive tool.

It's Wade and no need to think twice about it.
What was wrong with the guys post except putting "more famous" which is basically irrelevant.

If you want to say you'd rather keep Wade because of emotional attachment that's fine. But what on earth in the post warrents calling the poster a tool?

PickernRoller
05-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Wade won a ring a at age 24 with an OLD SHAQ (Not prime laker shaq) and a bunch of OLD GASSED players on his team... NO WADE NO RING so i dont know WTF your talking about...Give me young wade again over lebron

Take it easy on him....:roll:

My boy Wade....ship the ring chaser somewhere else. D-Howard and some other pieces with Wade will work magic, just like it did with Shaq. The difference this time is that you have a prime Howard with a fading Wade....but if you add good role players in the package, you have a big chance of winning it all. And you also get to keep Bosh????? nikka please..... At least there is no question of "heart" between Howard and Wade.... People easily forget how LBJ choked last years final, or better yet, choose to forget, disgusting.

derb2k2
05-05-2012, 02:23 PM
heat fans ask yourself this: Can you see Wade wearing a jersey other than the Heat's??? I would practically kill myself. I've said this before and it might sound stupid, but Wade is our Jordan. :bowdown:

Quickening
05-05-2012, 02:24 PM
heat fans ask yourself this: Can you see Wade wearing a jersey other than the Heat's??? I would practically kill myself. I've said this before and it might sound stupid, but Wade is our Jordan. :bowdown:

Yes it does sound stupid.

derb2k2
05-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Yes it does sound stupid.

not comparing the two talent or skill-wise. Just saying that what Jordan was to the Bulls, Wade is to the Heat. The Bulls would never trade Jordan.

pegasus
05-05-2012, 02:27 PM
^

I hate this *******. I'll kick your child in the nuts repeatedly while you're handcuffed to a nearby stair banister.

Mad?:lol

Crawl back to the shit hole you got out of, and tell her I said hi.

jbryan1984
05-05-2012, 02:29 PM
I have already said before, I would trade Wade for Dwight or an elite PG. Wade is 3 years older than LeBron, his trade value would be insane and you could pair LBJ with someone his age that doesn't do basically the same things.

Quickening
05-05-2012, 02:29 PM
not comparing the two talent or skill-wise. Just saying that what Jordan was to the Bulls, Wade is to the Heat. The Bulls would never trade Jordan.

But the comparison is silly.... Lebron is comfortably better than Wade, plus 3 years younger therefore logical choice= Lebron.

Bajanmale
05-05-2012, 02:33 PM

I was going to jump all over that but you said it better, thanks!

PickernRoller
05-05-2012, 02:33 PM
I have already said before, I would trade Wade for Dwight or an elite PG. Wade is 3 years older than LeBron, his trade value would be insane and you could pair LBJ with someone his age that doesn't do basically the same things.

The only team I think would take Wade is the Nets for D-Will. Forget about DHoward for Wade, not happening....Maybe Rondo for Wade.....Those are really the two realistic options for a Wade trade. Any other option is "good" role players + role players...

On the other hand, you can ship the ultimate choker for DHoward with great role players and you actually build a team that works with Wade. A dominant center, a top 3 SG, and an all star PF in Bosh + great role players...now that is a team to reckon with in the East.

LBJ dick riders will dance at the idea of shipping Wade and landing a good PG.....that ain't solving the choking gene, or Lebron's jumper for that matter :lol

bwink23
05-05-2012, 02:34 PM
I have no emotional attachment to the Heat.....and the REAL ANSWER is keep Lebron.

LakersReign
05-05-2012, 02:36 PM
I never suggested that.I wouldnt trade wade.Nobody in their right mind would.However if it comes down to that wade would be my obvious choice and secondly i am not a heat fan never was never will be.You see the thread title if you were a heat fan.Assumed incident is exactly what lakers went through.However assumed is the keyword here.Magic was a rookie when he stepped up so i dont know whats the problem.

BTW wade himself said lebron is the best player repeatedly.So everyone now agrees ,besides lebron haters of course,that this is lebron's team.Even miller who is not a fan of james recently said that and added this was a long due

Again i am not a heat fan never will be.if you were ......

I say again, there's nothing remotely similar in the 2 situations, so stop reaching. Insinuate all you want to, cuz all that proves is, you're well aware of the FACT you have no real point here:sleeping

Bajanmale
05-05-2012, 02:44 PM
The Lerbon fans remind me of the Michael Beasley idiotic fans we had here when he was playing here! Lebron can pack the hell up with his stupid decision, not 1 2 3 4 not ever predictions and drive his going bald a** back to Cleveland and do his silly f**ing dance! Oh and his fans can go with him, no one is bigger than The Miami Heat!!

Eat Like A Bosh
05-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Rationally thinking, obviously you would want to keep Lebron. He's younger, generates more revenue, hasn't had a serious injury in his career, and simply better than Wade. That would be a terrible thing for Miami to do, which is to trade Wade. BUt in a different standpoint, maybe you want to trade LeBron. He can probably get more pieces back in return.

LBJMVP
05-05-2012, 04:56 PM
a GM would literally have to be retarded to say he would keep wade over james.

TheMan
05-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Anyone who says Wade is thinking with their heart, not their head.

LBJ and it's not close.

I'll put it this way, if either Wade or Bosh (not both) get hurt and miss the rest of the playoffs, with a healthy Bron, Heat can still win it all, if LBJ gets injured, forget it.

rodman91
05-05-2012, 07:08 PM

I wouldn't even think twice about that. "Championship Era" Wade > Any Lebron.

swi7ch
05-05-2012, 07:10 PM
LBJ is the #1 player in the world. Even Wade has said this.

NumberSix
05-05-2012, 07:23 PM
It's already been made clear internally that if this season is a failure, that the Heat will be "exploring their options" and that LeBron James is the ONLY player who is off the table.

I can understand if you like Wade better, but it's fairly obvious that LBJ is the more valuable of the two going forward.

Fuhrer Hubbs
05-05-2012, 07:38 PM
LeBron and I'm a pre-decision Heat fan.

There is zero logic in choosing Wade over LeBron. "but.....he was drafted by us and won our first title!!!!" Yeah and that has any bearing on the present/future how? I love Wade, but anyone picking him here is an idiot.

LeBron is better, younger, and will keep Miami is the title favorite year after year.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-05-2012, 07:39 PM
who do you keep?
the answer depends on what you can get in return.
Lebron for Dwight Howard straight up? Assuming Howard is 100% healthy, that Heat team would flat out BEAST.