PDA

View Full Version : Warriors and 76ers discussing Monta Ellis for Andre Iguodala trade

Jasper
06-07-2011, 12:35 AM
ESPN reports:

The Golden State Warriors and Philadelphia 76ers have discussed a trade that would send the Warriors' leading scorer, Monta Ellis, to the 76ers for Andre Iguodala, according to league sources, including one with direct knowledge of Golden State's thinking...

The Warriors would beef up their perimeter size and defense with Iguodala, who is 6'6" and 207 pounds and can play shooting guard or small forward. Iguodala would be paired with the 6'3", 185-pound Stephen Curry at point guard and 6'9" small forward Dorell Wright.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6633355

Jackson might have a new roster when he starts coaching

thoughts ....

Magic38
06-07-2011, 12:41 AM
Hope magic can pull off a miracle trade fr iggy, we need someone besides Dwight to play defense.

Kurosawa0
06-07-2011, 12:43 AM
Love it for Golden State, but I'm not sure about what it does for Philly. Wouldn't Jrue Holiday and Monta have the same conflict as Monta and Steph Curry?

If this trade does happen, how long until some team steals Evan Turner for nothing?

Hondo
06-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Ellis and Holiday should be able to switch assignments. Ellis is capable of guarding smaller guards, and is Brandon Roy's Kryptonite. Holiday is 6'4" and is a tenacious defender. I think they'll be okay together, not great, but okay.

Ronin
06-07-2011, 12:57 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6633355

Jackson might have a new roster when he starts coaching

thoughts ....

trade works for both teams.

Curry + Iggy would work

ihatetimthomas
06-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Love it for Golden State, but I'm not sure about what it does for Philly. Wouldn't Jrue Holiday and Monta have the same conflict as Monta and Steph Curry?

If this trade does happen, how long until some team steals Evan Turner for nothing?

Philly gets a bonafide goto scorer whom they havnt had the last few years. They ranked 18 in points per game last year. I think the deal works for GS as well as Philly. Ellis is going to make that teams offense better.

Theoo's Daddy
06-07-2011, 01:20 AM
Wow, evans will never be a trade bait in the future if this trade goes through. I was hoping he would become a monta ellis type of player.

InspiredLebowski
06-07-2011, 01:21 AM
They could do worse, but I really think this'd be a bad move for Philly. They're going to put Turner at the 3? What of Thad Young then? I just don't really get it, if I were a Philly fan I'd probably be more interested in money dump + pick/s + prospect.

G-train
06-07-2011, 01:32 AM
Would have thought they would source a big man with Iggy.

InspiredLebowski
06-07-2011, 01:38 AM
Ellis and Holiday should be able to switch assignments. Ellis is capable of guarding smaller guards, and is Brandon Roy's Kryptonite. Holiday is 6'4" and is a tenacious defender. I think they'll be okay together, not great, but okay.But can Holiday honestly do that? I love the kid, have since he was at UCLA, but can he really switch and consistently guard opposing 2s consistently? I'm honestly asking.

Nastradamus
06-07-2011, 02:02 AM
GS could really use Iggy in place of Monta. That'd make them much better. Shooters like Curry and Wright around him. Williams' scoring off the bench. A huge defensive improvement on the wing.

What does Philly do with Monta though with Jrue,Lou Williams,Turner and Meeks on the roster already? If you include say, Lou Williams,Speights and Biedrins, its a little better.

G-train
06-07-2011, 02:05 AM
No good having Iggy on the court with David Lee. Need to trade Lee for someone who isn't a matador.

Haymaker
06-07-2011, 02:07 AM
Ellis would be a nice addition to an aging team like Spurs or Celtics, to carry much of the offense and help their veteran stars.

1manfastbreak
06-07-2011, 02:08 AM
i like the trade. steph would really need to step it up.and the warriors still need a center

no pun intended
06-07-2011, 02:09 AM
I thought the Clippers were supposed to trade Kaman and a pick for Iggy :[ That would've worked well with both teams.

Rose
06-07-2011, 02:09 AM
I like it. Warriors finally get a defender, and get rid of the small backcourt.

76ers get a guy who can score, and isn't on a godawful contract. Hopefully by the time Ellis' deal is done they can transition Evan Turner to the starting 2 guard role.

bdreason
06-07-2011, 02:26 AM
Monta is worth more than Iggy. We want something else thrown in the package for depth. I want Meeks or Speights in the deal.

dbugz
06-07-2011, 02:59 AM
I hope Iggy will play for one of the contender team. Dude's will be a great 3rd wheel and a role player in a contending team. He'll just waste his time playing for GSW

bluechox2
06-07-2011, 03:05 AM
gs shud ask for more

Kingwillball
06-07-2011, 03:11 AM
Meh.. Sixers need more scoring but there defense takes a hit// Turner has shown he can be a pretty good defender but not in Iggy's class..GS gets a little more versitile but they are still probably not even a Playoff team..

dbugz
06-07-2011, 03:21 AM
Magic and Mavericks would be a good fit for Iggy.

He wasted so many years in Philly as the 1st option and it's time for him to be a 3rd/2nd fiddle in a contending team.

I hope Mavs will drop Butler and make a run to sign/trad Iggy! Mavs will have a very good wing defender now which they're missing so badly this Finals.

LosBulls
06-07-2011, 03:42 AM
C: Marc Gasol
PF: David Lee
SF: Andre Iguodala
SG: Shane Battier
PG: Stephen Curry

would be... :eek:

Da Heroic One
06-07-2011, 04:25 AM
Warriors get raped in this deal.

B-Easy8
06-07-2011, 04:59 AM
Great trade for Philly. I think Monta is worth more than just Iggy in my opinion.

kumquat
06-07-2011, 06:19 AM
Philly get the better end of the deal. Lou Will is fools gold, he's always going to be a guy who can get hot every now and again, but pretty much useless otherwise.

GOBB
06-07-2011, 06:54 AM
:oldlol: Iggy not worth Monta Ellis? You dudes smoke crack. Overvalue Monta Ellis much?

I guess Sixers couldnt get a quality big man for Iggy. Not that the league has plenty but I figured someone would bite. Then again maybe the big men that could have been had werent worth it? Like Al Jefferson? I dunno. I mean if Sixers tell me we tried to aquire a big man and struck out? Then I can live with Monta Ellis because he provides a go to scorer this team sorely lacks.

But Jrue/Monta backcourt I hope and pray we find someone who can protect the paint. Then I guess Turner plays the role of Iguodala. Not a bad trade.

Iggy for Kaman only works for a salary dump trade. Sixers value Iggy far more than to do that. I understand the arguments why you want to dump salary but the Sixers get nothing back in return when Kaman is a free agent this time next year. You clear payroll for what? Unless you're telling me a key FA in 2012 will sign here. Otherwise, doesnt make the team better. LAC would have to add a draft pick. And I dont think Sixers value Aminu that much considering we have Thaddeus Young.

Lou Williams, Marreese Speights might be next to go. No point having Lou with Monta here. Jrue Holiday, Monta Ellis, Jodie Meeks and filler guard. Lou deserves minutes and wouldnt get much here behind Jrue and Monta who will play atleast 30mins. Then you factor in having to get Jodie Meeks action as your best 3pt sniper. Lou is odd man out and could help another team.

Philly get the better end of the deal. Lou Will is fools gold, he's always going to be a guy who can get hot every now and again, but pretty much useless otherwise.

Memo to you, Lou Williams is a bench player, a 6th man so to speak. He provides a key role off the bench like many 6th men do. Which is to score. You talk like he is a starting SG getting 35mpg. He's getting anywhere from 22-25mpg to give instant offense. And has helped the Sixers have the best scoring bench in the NBA. Yea pretty much useless otherwise :facepalm

Bertz
06-07-2011, 07:07 AM
I think it's a very good trade for both sides.

Philly gets the scorer they need, Golden State gets a lot tougher.

LJJ
06-07-2011, 07:10 AM
Pretty decent trade for Philly.

Ellis is a much needed backcourt upgrade for them. The kid can score and doesn't need any help, which seems to be a good fit for Philly since that is something they are sorely lacking in. Iguodala hasn't been delivering for them anyway.

For GS it's a little more tricky. I'm not sold on Curry as a first option, and they already were awfully thin on the perimeter. Maybe Iguodala fits really well with where Jackson wants to take the team or something. I'm thinking if this trade goes down they'll probably get Meeks or Williams as a throw in to make it worth it.

bagelred
06-07-2011, 08:08 AM
"Elly....Iggy........Iggy......Elly...."

"Oprah....Uma.....Uma....Oprah....."

Oh well, I was hoping for a Billups expirer + 2011 pick for Iggy....

hawkfan
06-07-2011, 08:26 AM

Why would the Knicks want to do that when they can get either Howard or Paul next summer?

jalbert009
06-07-2011, 09:26 AM
If this deal goes thriugh, 76ers should trade Evans to let him develop somewhere else and get another decent player still on their rookie contract.

Turner for Cousins/Center, Favors/PF, P.George/SF, G.Monroe/Center or Galinari/SF.

sillyrbbt_11
06-07-2011, 09:58 AM
for my own selfish reasons i hope we get Monta

cant have Iverson anymore might as well get the next best thing lol

MeLO MvP 15
06-07-2011, 10:22 AM

I do think Iggy is really good and is worth more than that value wise, but I think he's a pretty bad fit for NY right now. NY doesn't need another ball dominant guy, we need shooters and pass first guys. Iggy is a good distributor, slasher and defender, but his lack of jumpshot would make him a bad fit for NY.

As for the Warriors and Sixers, I love this trade for both of them. I think Curry-Iggy is a great backcourt and they should be perfect compliments. Also Iggy's amazing defense should be great under Jackson. I think if GSW can add some depth this off-season (draft and FAs), they could be next years Memphis.

Bigsmoke
06-07-2011, 10:27 AM
three way trade

Bulls get
Iggy
Ellis

Warriors
Bogans

Sixers

Kyle Korver

hawkfan
06-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Iggy for Lee makes more sense, since Brand is getting older and could break down at any point. Next year, he could be hurt and totally worthless (a la Michael Redd this year). If not, then Lee and Brand can play alongside and there are two guys in the front court who can score 20 ppg.

If they get Lee, then next year they have leverage to trade away Brand during his expiring contract year.

Styles p
06-07-2011, 11:18 AM
three way trade

Bulls get
Iggy
Ellis

Warriors
Bogans

Sixers

Kyle Korver

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHH AHA :roll: :oldlol:

Grinder
06-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Please let this happen.

sillyrbbt_11
06-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Iggy for Lee makes more sense, since Brand is getting older and could break down at any point. Next year, he could be hurt and totally worthless (a la Michael Redd this year). If not, then Lee and Brand can play alongside and there are two guys in the front court who can score 20 ppg.

If they get Lee, then next year they have leverage to trade away Brand during his expiring contract year.
either guy at center for an extended period of time would be a nightmare

Nastradamus
06-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Monta is worth more than Iggy. We want something else thrown in the package for depth. I want Meeks or Speights in the deal.

TAKE BOTH!

sillyrbbt_11
06-07-2011, 11:38 AM
76ers need a guy that can get you 25-30 a night

when we needed huge buckets vs the heat it got ugly(aside from game 3)

mcgeorge
06-07-2011, 11:45 AM
I feel like it makes more sense to trade Ellis for Turner + filler... Turner CAN play the 2 and form a nice young duo with GS as well as clear cap space. Philly goes into win now mode with Holiday, Ellis, Iggy, Brand, (Someone) with Meeks/ Lou off the bench? Thats a pretty damn good team imo...

LJJ
06-07-2011, 11:56 AM
I feel like it makes more sense to trade Ellis for Turner + filler... Turner CAN play the 2 and form a nice young duo with GS as well as clear cap space. Philly goes into win now mode with Holiday, Ellis, Iggy, Brand, (Someone) with Meeks/ Lou off the bench? Thats a pretty damn good team imo...

Turner does not in any way have the value to bring back Ellis. It's too early to truly label him a bust, who knows, but so far he's been a significant disappointment.

stephanieg
06-07-2011, 12:04 PM
This would be awesome for the "unexpected" result potential. Berri must be salivating at the possibility.

Rowe
06-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Turner does not in any way have the value to bring back Ellis. It's too early to truly label him a bust, who knows, but so far he's been a significant disappointment.

Exactly.

If Philly is willing to give up on Turner after 1 season, what does that say about how good Turner will be? :confusedshrug:

Before the year he was the focal point behind a Melo to Philly deal. Now if you can swap him + filler for Monta, that really must mean they have lowered their expectations on how good he'll be.

iggy>
06-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Monta is not worth more than iggy, sorry. Iggy will be very coveted this offseason, especially by contending teams. This is the perfect time to deal him.

iggy>
06-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Monta is not worth more than iggy, sorry. Iggy will be very coveted this offseason, especially by contending teams. This is the perfect time to deal him.

GOBB
06-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Trading Evan Turner after 1 season doesnt say much about him IF you're bringing back a stud of all studs. For example he was apart of a trade that brought back Dwight Howard. But trading Evan Turner for Monta Ellis? Thats all but saying we goofed taking him at #2 when it should have been a big.

Makes more sense to who? Because that trade makes zero sense. Aint no way GSW will give up Monta Ellis for Evan Turner and filler. Are you nuts? Lou Williams would be a goner if Ellis and Iguodala were still on the team. No minutes to give out because you need Jodie Meeks to get atleast 20 to give the team a valuable floor spacer, sniper from 3.

Bigsmoke
06-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Trading Evan Turner after 1 season doesnt say much about him IF you're bringing back a stud of all studs. For example he was apart of a trade that brought back Dwight Howard. But trading Evan Turner for Monta Ellis? Thats all but saying we goofed taking him at #2 when it should have been a big.

Makes more sense to who? Because that trade makes zero sense. Aint no way GSW will give up Monta Ellis for Evan Turner and filler. Are you nuts? Lou Williams would be a goner if Ellis and Iguodala were still on the team. No minutes to give out because you need Jodie Meeks to get atleast 20 to give the team a valuable floor spacer, sniper from 3.

They wouldnt but Ellis isnt as important for the Warriors than u think.

GOBB
06-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Ideally the Sixers need a shooter. A guy who can shoot the 3 ball. A guy who can move without the ball and score. Either at the SG or SF spot. Like a Rip Hamilton guy would work, Ray Allen (taklin prime here to further give an example). That would be the perfect fit for the Sixers in a deal involving Iguodala. I just dont know off the top of my head players in the league that fall under this that are also available.

But I'd still consider Ellis because he is cheaper than Iguodala. Atleast if it doesnt work you saved some money.

Why would the Knicks want to do that when they can get either Howard or Paul next summer?

Show me where you're getting the money from please

David Lee? :oldlol:

Good one trying to sabotage my team. :no:

branslowski
06-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Sixers aint winnin shit with Iggy....Ship his soft ass out. Monte Ellis Tatted up like a G, Iggy got that lame as punk ass tat.

Also, I bet you Turner will become better with Iggy leaving.

Monte Ellis could be like Philly's new A.I....Only with a better cast.

Wonder how the starting lineup would look though? You wanna go with a very small back court? Might hurt you on D, but Holiday and Ellis's speed would rape any team in the league.

Do it Sixers.

Every team needs that go to player. Meaning scorer. Iggy aint give you that. Nobody feared him. lol@ Philly thinking he would take over for Iverson after A.I left...

HylianNightmare
06-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Hope magic can pull off a miracle trade fr iggy, we need someone besides Dwight to play defense.
this, i don't really like this move for philly it seems like a great move for the warriors though, i'd love either of them in a magic jersey:(

GOBB
06-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Sixers aint winnin shit with Iggy....Ship his soft ass out. Monte Ellis Tatted up like a G, Iggy got that lame as punk ass tat.

Yeah the giant TREE that Monta has covering his chest to abdomen is so gangster man. Real G like.

:facepalm

Also, I bet you Turner will become better with Iggy leaving.

Considering Evan Turner didnt show much of anything? He is going to improve regardless. People will point to Iggy departure (if it happened) but in reality Turner will get better when he improves his shooting and gets stronger. 2 things Iggy has little control of.

Monte Ellis could be like Philly's new A.I....Only with a better cast.

Who plays Theo Ratliff, Kwame Brown? Who plays Mutombo, Nazr Mohammed?

Who plays AI?

Wonder how the starting lineup would look though? You wanna go with a very small back court? Might hurt you on D, but Holiday and Ellis's speed would rape any team in the league.

What do you mean you wanna go very small? Sixers have no choice genius. Remember you shipped soft ass Iggy out for the Monta living in a gangstas paradise Ellis remember? The f*ck you mean you wonder how the starting lineup looks and if they wanna go small. They have NO CHOICE.

Jon_Koncak
06-07-2011, 02:55 PM
lmfao at glorified streetballer Monta Ellis being better than Iguodala:facepalm

QuebecBaller
06-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Ideally the Sixers need a shooter. A guy who can shoot the 3 ball. A guy who can move without the ball and score. Either at the SG or SF spot. Like a Rip Hamilton guy would work, Ray Allen (taklin prime here to further give an example). That would be the perfect fit for the Sixers in a deal involving Iguodala. I just dont know off the top of my head players in the league that fall under this that are also available.

S-Jax for Iggy?

bdreason
06-07-2011, 05:52 PM
lmfao at glorified streetballer Monta Ellis being better than Iguodala:facepalm

Monta isn't as complete a player as Iggy, but he has other things going for him; he's younger, healthier, and has a great contract (11 per year flat). Iggy is missing games every year because of tendinitis, and has a back-loaded contract.

Unless 76ers want to throw in Meeks or Speights I'de rather just keep Monta. Getting just Iggy for Monta isn't put us over the top (playoffs). We need depth, because our bench is a joke.

GOBB
06-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Monta isn't as complete a player as Iggy, but he has other things going for him; he's younger, healthier, and has a great contract (11 per year flat). Iggy is missing games every year because of tendinitis, and has a back-loaded contract.

False. Why put out such blatant duck tales?

Unless 76ers want to throw in Meeks or Speights I'de rather just keep Monta. Getting just Iggy for Monta isn't put us over the top (playoffs). We need depth, because our bench is a joke.

Monta Ellis isnt Dwayne Wade. You can keep the guy. GSW isnt going to the playoffs regardless.

GOBB
06-07-2011, 07:01 PM
S-Jax for Iggy?

Too old

Styles p
06-07-2011, 09:58 PM
i love the trade we get the go to scorer we desperately need cant deny the fact we lose defense though.

GOBB
06-07-2011, 10:17 PM
i love the trade we get the go to scorer we desperately need cant deny the fact we lose defense though.

Shane Battier, Grant Hill, Kelenna Azubuike are free agents to look at.

Get rid of Nocioni who has 2yrs left but the last year is a team option which pretty much can make you look at him as an expirer. Add 1 of these 3 to be a defensive guy.

bdreason
06-07-2011, 10:25 PM
False. Why put out such blatant duck tales?

Iggy has a bad Achilles and tendinitis in his right knee. It's something that will always be a lingering issue... and the Warriors play their starters more minutes than any team in the NBA, and at a fast pace. We try and play Iggy the same minutes that Monta is getting, and he's going to miss games (15 last year). Stack that with Curry's fragile ankles, and no depth, and you have a recipe for disaster.

StateProperty
06-07-2011, 10:28 PM
why do people still call Evan Turner... "Evans"? :facepalm

I'd do the deal in a heartbeat. For whoever mentioned Thad Young going to the 3 instead of Turner, that isn't happenin. Thad's a RFA and my guess is he doesn't return. Thad is a hustle play/fast break/offensive mismatch that is a tweener, doesn't rebound, can't defend either forward, can't dribble or pass, can't shoot from deep, and can't go right. This stuff is hidden off the bench.

I can't say we'd be instantly better. Matter of fact we may be worse in the win total next season, but it sets us up well for down the line. The dealing likely wouldn't stop here since you factor in the need for a big and because Lou Williams is too similar in size and style to Monta.

He'd have to get that stupid baby tattoo lasered off before I'll accept the deal though.

Styles p
06-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Iggy has a bad Achilles and tendinitis in his right knee. It's something that will always be a lingering issue... and the Warriors play their starters more minutes than any team in the NBA, and at a fast pace. We try and play Iggy the same minutes that Monta is getting, and he's going to miss games (15 last year). Stack that with Curry's fragile ankles, and no depth, and you have a recipe for disaster.

he said he had the tendinitis since highschool and this year is the only year he had injury problems.

Styles p
06-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Shane Battier, Grant Hill, Kelenna Azubuike are free agents to look at.

Get rid of Nocioni who has 2yrs left but the last year is a team option which pretty much can make you look at him as an expirer. Add 1 of these 3 to be a defensive guy.

i would love to get battier he seems like a guy philly would love blue collar type.

GOBB
06-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Sixers tried to aquire Battier last deadline (unless that was strictly rumors). But he fits here.

he said he had the tendinitis since highschool and this year is the only year he had injury problems.

Yup.

And to add, he played ball last summer so he really didnt have much of a break. Non stop hooping, caught up with him. Prior to this season missing 15gms, he only missed 6.

GOBB
06-07-2011, 10:44 PM
why do people still call Evan Turner... "Evans"? :facepalm

I'd do the deal in a heartbeat. For whoever mentioned Thad Young going to the 3 instead of Turner, that isn't happenin. Thad's a RFA and my guess is he doesn't return. Thad is a hustle play/fast break/offensive mismatch that is a tweener, doesn't rebound, can't defend either forward, can't dribble or pass, can't shoot from deep, and can't go right. This stuff is hidden off the bench.

I can't say we'd be instantly better. Matter of fact we may be worse in the win total next season, but it sets us up well for down the line. The dealing likely wouldn't stop here since you factor in the need for a big and because Lou Williams is too similar in size and style to Monta.

He'd have to get that stupid baby tattoo lasered off before I'll accept the deal though.

Why dont you STFU man? Trying to hurt his value! :no:

:lol

Jasper
06-07-2011, 10:54 PM
If this is legit - why would they consider Iggy :confusedshrug:

I think Jackson is thinking more defense with transition ball instead of the Warriors offense they had the last couple of seasons.

I think it would help both teams, but the 6'ers need more bigs.
(I've always liked Ellis and I think he would be good for the 6'rs)

Brujesino
06-08-2011, 04:47 PM
The Warriors can get a better deal then Iggy alone.Orlando,Lakers,Memphis and Hawks have been in the discussion and i think those teams have better deals.

GOBB
06-08-2011, 05:03 PM
The Warriors can get a better deal then Iggy alone.Orlando,Lakers,Memphis and Hawks have been in the discussion and i think those teams have better deals.

What deals are being offered or you're just assuming the pieces they have will be the ones up for sale?

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-08-2011, 05:08 PM
GOBB, any word in Philly as to what they THINK they can get for Iggy?
Also, what are they looking for? big? picks? expirers?

Brujesino
06-08-2011, 05:16 PM
What deals are being offered or you're just assuming the pieces they have will be the ones up for sale?
Assuming.

For right now Iggy is the only thing philly is offering.I think we should get more and can get more then just iggy.Going just based on rumors Orlando is offering some young players and some picks.If the Lakers are truly interested then Bynum has to be on the table and that would make the most sense for the warriors.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2011/06/report-orlando-magic-talking-to-golden-state-about-monta-ellis.html

Doesnt say anything about picks but we wouldnt want Jameer so picks would be the next option

League sources said the Warriors also have discussed Ellis, among a variety of other players, in trade talks with Atlanta, Chicago, Memphis, Orlando and the Lakers.

glad we have alot of options

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Do not expect Bynum to be on the table.
I suspect the Lakers would sooner part with Gasol than Bynum....age difference.

GOBB
06-08-2011, 05:43 PM
GOBB, any word in Philly as to what they THINK they can get for Iggy?
Also, what are they looking for? big? picks? expirers?

They said they arent going to trade Iggy just to rid themselves of his contract. Which means him being moved for expirers isnt gonna happen. If they trade Iggy its to make the team better not take a step backwards. Even tho some fans feel Sixers should take 2 steps back to get better in the future. Sixers really value Iggy and think he can get them something to make the team better.

As far as for who? Not much word on that. A go to scorer and a big have been cited as needs. And Thorn hinted to a predraft trade possbility. So something could get done either with Iggy or something else.

hawkfan
06-08-2011, 05:55 PM
David Lee for Andre Iguodala is a good deal for the Sixers:

1. Brand has a history of injuries, and if he breaks down then there is no one who can score inside. Lee provides that.
2. It opens up minutes for the young wings, instead of taking back Ellis who will demand the ball outside.
3. If Brand and Lee are both healthy, then that would be the best duo at the bigs the Sixers have had in a while. Two guys who can score 20 points per night, freeing up Holiday, Williams, Young, Turner, et al on the wings.
4. Next year, Brand becomes an expirer, and with Lee there, that allows the Sixers to pursue trades with that contract rather than possibly having him sit out the season via an injury or breaking down badly (like what happened with McDyess and Shaq this year).

David Lee is the better trade option for the Sixers.

GOBB
06-08-2011, 06:07 PM
David Lee for Andre Iguodala is a good deal for the Sixers:

1. Brand has a history of injuries, and if he breaks down then there is no one who can score inside. Lee provides that.
2. It opens up minutes for the young wings, instead of taking back Ellis who will demand the ball outside.
3. If Brand and Lee are both healthy, then that would be the best duo at the bigs the Sixers have had in a while. Two guys who can score 20 points per night, freeing up Holiday, Williams, Young, Turner, et al on the wings.
4. Next year, Brand becomes an expirer, and with Lee there, that allows the Sixers to pursue trades with that contract rather than possibly having him sit out the season via an injury or breaking down badly (like what happened with McDyess and Shaq this year).

David Lee is the better trade option for the Sixers.

David Lee is weak. No thanks. Contract sucks ass as well. Brand did a better job as a Sixer than David Lee as a Warrior last season.

hawkfan
06-08-2011, 06:16 PM
David Lee is weak. No thanks. Contract sucks ass as well. Brand did a better job as a Sixer than David Lee as a Warrior last season.

Well, you could always keep your salary cap space and then sign Dwight Howard next summer.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-08-2011, 06:19 PM
They said they arent going to trade Iggy just to rid themselves of his contract. Which means him being moved for expirers isnt gonna happen. If they trade Iggy its to make the team better not take a step backwards. Even tho some fans feel Sixers should take 2 steps back to get better in the future. Sixers really value Iggy and think he can get them something to make the team better.

As far as for who? Not much word on that. A go to scorer and a big have been cited as needs. And Thorn hinted to a predraft trade possbility. So something could get done either with Iggy or something else.

Iggy is very highly paid. I don't really view him as a first or second option on a championship-contending team. I view him as the 3rd best. I wonder how GMs around the league view him? And thus his real value. Is he a good value with that contract? I don't know.

GOBB
06-08-2011, 06:24 PM
I rather wait for Dwight Howard. :bowdown:

Iggy is very highly paid. I don't really view him as a first or second option on a championship-contending team. I view him as the 3rd best. I wonder how GMs around the league view him? And thus his real value. Is he a good value with that contract? I don't know.

From waht I've read its mixed. Some GMs think he is overpaid, and others actually think he is paid fairly. And like his all around game. I'd like to find the GMs who value Iggy game and contract highly because that is a sucker to be taken advantage of. :lol

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-08-2011, 06:32 PM
I rather wait for Dwight Howard. :bowdown:

From waht I've read its mixed. Some GMs think he is overpaid, and others actually think he is paid fairly. And like his all around game. I'd like to find the GMs who value Iggy game and contract highly because that is a sucker to be taken advantage of. :lol

Well, then your answer is simple: Clippers.
You guys will get Kaman plus something for Iggy.

GOBB
06-08-2011, 06:52 PM

I want a 2012 first rd pick included. Fair compensation.

Dionysus
06-08-2011, 08:53 PM

That works. The wretched Sixers can have 2 bigmen who will miss atleast 20 games in the season.

Brujesino
06-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Do not expect Bynum to be on the table.
I suspect the Lakers would sooner part with Gasol than Bynum....age difference.
Then whatever chance of Monta going to the Lakers is pretty much gone.Although Pau is better then Bynum

kaiiu
06-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Ellis>>>>>>Iggy

StateProperty
06-08-2011, 09:24 PM
In a Stefanski interview last year he was pretty adamant that other GM's aren't scared of Iguodala's contract.

http://610wip.cbslocal.com/2010/05/19/ike-and-howard-talk-with-sixers-gm-ed-stefanski-and-the-2nd-overall-pick/

Skip to 6:48 of that interview and he explains the interest in Iguodala as well as the lack of concern in his contract. He talks about trading Iggy earlier in that interview too.

Jameerthefear
06-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Apparently Orlando has been talking to him:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2011/06/report-orlando-magic-talking-to-golden-state-about-monta-ellis.html
I don't know if he'll fit though. He's not a great defender and he is undersized.

clipps
06-09-2011, 08:19 AM
Iggy's got a bad contract but so does Kaman, and I think Iggy would fit in very well with an athletic team like the Clippers. I'm hoping this deal gets done. DeAndre Jordan is a much better fit for the Clippers than Kaman.

csklmf
06-10-2011, 06:42 AM
Warriors' greatest weapons are those two guards. Trading one out means David Lee has to somehow go back to 20-10?