PDA

View Full Version : Let's be Honest the Mavericks Have No Chance

Foster5k
05-27-2011, 07:01 PM
-Heat dismantled a very good young Sixers team like a Tyrannosaurus playing with a puppy.

-Heat destroyed the Celtics a very good defensive team without two of their most valuable hustle guys Haslem and Miller.

-Heat annihilated statistically the best team in the NBA the Chicago Bulls. Bulls only won ONE GAME. Bulls also statistically had the best defense in the NBA.

-Heat have two super stars and one above average all-star.

-Mavericks struggled versus a not very good Blazers team with a crippled Brandon Roy.

-Mavericks haven't face anything near the defense of even the Celtics, let alone the Bulls. Both teams which Miami destroyed.

-Mavericks aren't as athletic as the Heat.

-Mavericks aren't as good at closing games as the Heat. Lebron James now has proven that he can close out games. Once he smells blood in the water, Lebron James puts the nail in the coffin.

-Unlike in the Thunder and Lakers series, Dirk will not see any good shots versus Miami's superior team defense.

Heat in 5. 2011 NBA Champions

"Not 1, not 2, not 3...not 4, not 5.....not 6....not 7" - Lebron James

Mr. Jabbar
05-27-2011, 07:03 PM
ima be dishonest here

Ancient Legend
05-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Dude I'm rooting for the Heat, but your analysis just makes it seem like the Mavs will be a cakewalk. It will be a tough matchup for both.

catch24
05-27-2011, 07:07 PM
That's not being honest at all.

FindingTim
05-27-2011, 07:09 PM
ima be dishonest here

:lol nice

I'm rooting for the Mavs, but I somewhat agree with the OP (I think it's 65/35 Heat will win)
I think this is an all-time great team, though few have realized it yet (they've realized the talent level, but not how good these guys are historically)

-tenacious defense (quick, long, focused, cohesive)
-2nd best small forward ever
-2nd/3rd best shooting guard ever
-underrated, highly intelligent coach
-highly skilled 3rd option

when a team is this focused/talented defensively, and even more talented offensively, I just don't see how they can lose, barring a complete lapse in confidence. The one flaw is the lack of height, but Joel Anthony, despite having the hand-eye-coordination of a person with downsyndrome, has become a homeless man's Ben Wallace (I didn't think he had it in him)

I think we are witnessing the beginning of the next "MJ/Pippen Bulls"
But, like Dirk's greatness, it will take most observers a while to realize what is happening.

And in the next few years, Lebron/Dwyane's decline in athleticism could very well be off-set by an improved supporting cast, and their growth in terms of basketball IQ.

The rest of the league is in serious trouble. It's not a bad thing though.
Pro sports are at their best when there is a clear King to dethrone.
What would baseball be without the Yankees?

BarberSchool
05-27-2011, 07:09 PM
People are gonna be shook if Dallas comes out shooting well in game 1 and steals home court right off the bat.

ProfessorMurder
05-27-2011, 07:10 PM
The 76ers were scrappy and almost won 2 games.

The Celtics were riddled with injuries and still almost won 3 games.

The Bulls choked in 2 games, won 1, and they're young.

The Mavs are better than all three of the teams Miami faced, and Dirk is playing at an insane level.

So, shut up and stop being so cocky.

ODEN>DURANT
05-27-2011, 07:11 PM
-Heat dismantled a very good young Sixers team like a Tyrannosaurus playing with a puppy.

-Heat destroyed the Celtics a very good defensive team without two of their most valuable hustle guys Haslem and Miller.

-Heat annihilated statistically the best team in the NBA the Chicago Bulls. Bulls only won ONE GAME. Bulls also statistically had the best defense in the NBA.

-Mavericks struggled versus a not very good Blazers team with a crippled Brandon Roy.

-Mavericks hasn't face anything near the defense of even the Celtics, let alone the Bulls. Both teams which Miami destroyed.

-Mavericks aren't as good at closing games as the Heat. Lebron James now has proven that he can close out games. Once he smells blood in the water, Lebron James puts the nail in the coffin.

-Unlike in the Thunder and Lakers series, Dirk will not see any good shots versus Miami's superior team defense.

How can you say that Miami is better at closing out games when Dallas has Dirk Nowitzki on there team? Both teams have closed out well this post season, but you can't say Maimi is better.

Your last point is silly about not getting good shots against the Heat. The Dallas offesnive execution is the best in the league and Dirk will be raining in jumpers over everyone on the Heat. The Dallas offense is better than anything the Heat have faced.

The Mavs are an experienced team compared to the Heat. The Heat are more athletic as you say, but so are the Thunder, but the Mavs found ways to slow them down in transition especially.

You say the 76ers are a good side, but the Blazers are trash? Wow.

Mavs in 6 or 7.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-27-2011, 07:14 PM
If Mavs keep shooting like they have been, I say Mavs win it.
Mavs have some good individual defenders and play a very solid team D.
Should be a good series.

nba_55
05-27-2011, 07:16 PM

The Mavs are better than all three of the teams Miami faced, and Dirk is playing at an insane level.

It s funny how before each series, haters make Heat opponents elite and then, after the series, they make them look trash.:D

Collie
05-27-2011, 07:17 PM
Put the Mavs in the situation Chicago was in in games 4 and 5. Don't see them losing both games. Think Kidd would have thrown those bad passes, or Dirk missed a game tying FT?

ChandlerParsons
05-27-2011, 07:17 PM
No. it will be a good series.
I am hopeful for 7 game series

ChandlerParsons
05-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Put the Mavs in the situation Chicago was in in games 4 and 5. Don't see them losing both games. Think Kidd would have thrown those bad passes, or Dirk missed a game tying FT?
The scores will be much different than because of Mavs Offense, Heat Defense.
But in a What if Scenario then thats different, that wouldn't happen

Mr. Jabbar
05-27-2011, 07:19 PM
It s funny how before each series, haters make Heat opponents elite and then, after the series, they make them look trash.:D

The real playoffs start in the 2nd round (unless you are a spur), and by that logic, the third time's the charm.

Heat007
05-27-2011, 07:21 PM
People are gonna be shook if Dallas comes out shooting well in game 1 and steals home court right off the bat.

how did that work out for chicago ?

winning game 1 by 20 points had no effect whatsoever. The heat throw one stinker game every series where they just take the night off giving little to no energy.. and those 3 games were their only losses in the postseason.

Foster5k
05-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Both teams have closed out well this post season, but you can't say Maimi is better.
Um? Remember that game where a crippled Brandon Roy destroyed the Mavericks? The Mavericks had a 20+ point lead going into the 4th quarter. So, no they aren't as good as Miami in closing out games.

your last point is silly about not getting good shots against the Heat. The Dallas offesnive execution is the best in the league and Dirk will be raining in jumpers over everyone on the Heat. The Dallas offense is better than anything the Heat have faced.
Miami's team defense will not let that happen. Ray Allen another great shooter got shut down by the Heat's superior defense. Kyle Kover got shut down. Heat defense is just too good.

The Mavs are an experienced team compared to the Heat. The Heat are more athletic as you say, but so are the Thunder, but the Mavs found ways to slow them down in transition especially.
Thunder didn't have Lebron James, Dwade, and Bosh on the same team.

sixerfan82
05-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Clearly the best team from half of the league has no chance against the best team from the other half of the league..

why bother having a season then, let's just vote down on paper who we think might win and call it a day!

The Decision
05-27-2011, 07:37 PM
This thread will be full of wins come june. :oldlol:

Balla_Status
05-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Using the blazers series as a reason for Dallas not being able to close well is moronic. They're 9-1 since that game and closed out the Lakers and Thunder multiple times and even made come from behind victories.

ThaSwagg3r
05-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Heat have yet to play a team as good offensively as the Mavericks. Let's face it, every team the Heat have played this post season is offensively challenged.

Foster5k
05-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Using the blazers series as a reason for Dallas not being able to close well is moronic.
Disagree. Elite closing teams don't blow 22 point leads going into the fourth quarter. Not just that, they let ONE GUY do it. Even worse, the one guy that did it basically didn't even have knees, Bradon Roy. Imagine what Lebron or Dwade would do if down going into the fourth quarter. Mavericks will have no chance at closing out any game vs Miami.

Miami2010Champs
05-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Dont forget that the mavs swept the defending champs.

Foster5k
05-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Heat have yet to play a team as good offensively as the Mavericks. Let's face it, every team the Heat have played this post season is offensively challenged.
Mavericks haven't face any elite defenses as the Heat. Heat destroyed the Celtics who are known for their defense. Heat massacred the number one defense in the NBA, the Chicago Bulls.

So, basically the Heat's offense has dominated elite NBA defenses, and their defense has been lock down. The Mavericks defense doesn't even come close to the Celtics defense, let alone the Bulls number one defense. Imagine what the Heat offense will do versus the Mavericks. Mavericks have no chance. Stop under-rating the Heat.

Soundwave
05-27-2011, 07:50 PM

True.

Then again, I think the Heat are just fine playing in a more offensive oriented series. I think they'd prefer that to the grind-it-out Celtics/Bulls series'.

gengiskhan
05-27-2011, 07:51 PM
WATCH OUT FOR JASON KIDD !!.

NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE A HEART OF A 38 Yrs OLD WITH BURNING MEMORIES OF EMBARRASSMENT AS 2003 FINALS SWEEP

NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE A HEART OF A 34 Yrs OLD WITH BURNING MEMORIES
OF EMBARRASSMENT AS 2006 FINALS TO A SAME TEAM.

BE AFRAID

BE VERY AFRAID

BE VERY VERY AFRAID........IF YOU ARE D'WADE WITH POOR FORM & TONS OF TURNOVER RATIO IN ECF

BE VERY AFRAID OF 38 YR OLD JASON KIDD & HIS LAST CHANCE AT WINNING THE RING.

Ancient Legend
05-27-2011, 07:51 PM
NBA Finals preview:

http://i27.tinypic.com/213p0qt.jpg

Human Error
05-27-2011, 07:52 PM

Wow man this post is just so retarded. "Coulda, shoulda, woulda" don't fit in sports. The same retarded logic that you just used says the Blazers and Thunder could've very well beat the Mavericks.

Foster5k
05-27-2011, 07:54 PM

NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE A HEART OF A 38 Yrs OLD WITH BURNING MEMORIES OF EMBARRASSMENT AS 2003 FINALS SWEEP

BE AFRAID

BE VERY AFRAID

BE VERY VERY AFRAID........IF YOU ARE D'WADE WITH POOR FORM & TONS OF TURNOVER RATIO IN ECF

I doubt a team like the 2011 Miami Heat, with their superior team defense and with two super-stars in their prime and one above average All-Star, are afraid of a 34 year old Jason Kidd and the Mavericks non-elite defense.

chips93
05-27-2011, 07:56 PM

never underestimate the brittleness of a 38 yr old's knees

Jall
05-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Mavericks haven't face any elite defenses as the Heat. Heat destroyed the Celtics who are known for their defense. Heat massacred the number one defense in the NBA, the Chicago Bulls.

So, basically the Heat's offense has dominated elite NBA defenses, and their defense has been lock down. The Mavericks defense doesn't even come close to the Celtics defense, let alone the Bulls number one defense. Imagine what the Heat offense will do versus the Mavericks. Mavericks have no chance. Stop under-rating the Heat.
The Heat scored 92 ppg against Boston and Chicago and under 90 ppg against Chicago alone, not exactly dominate offense.

ProfessorMurder
05-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Wow man this post is just so retarded. "Coulda, shoulda, woulda" don't fit in sports. The same retarded logic that you just used says the Blazers and Thunder could've very well beat the Mavericks.

It was to show that the Heat are not world beaters you dipshit.

Foster5k
05-27-2011, 08:00 PM
The Heat scored 92 ppg against Boston and Chicago and under 90 ppg against Chicago alone, not exactly dominate offense.
Boston has an elite defense. Chicago had the number one defense in the NBA. Heat destroyed both teams. Imagine how many points the Heat will score vs Dallas. Heat's offense will be unstoppable.

BarberSchool
05-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Heat have yet to play a team as good offensively as the Mavericks. Let's face it, every team the Heat have played this post season is offensively challenged.My prerogative exactly.

Foster5k
It was to show that the Heat are not world beaters
Yet to be proven. Heat destroyed two of the best defensive teams in the league. Bulls had number one defense.

ThaSwagg3r
True.

Then again, I think the Heat are just fine playing in a more offensive oriented series. I think they'd prefer that to the grind-it-out Celtics/Bulls series'.
Mavericks can score in the half court and in transition. Something that neither Philadelphia, Chicago or Boston were capable of doing. Not sure which type the Heat are better at defending at, but they better work on both in practice.

BarberSchool
05-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Boston has an elite defense. Chicago had the number one defense in the NBA. Heat destroyed both teams. Imagine how many points the Heat will score vs Dallas. Heat's offense will be unstoppable.Remains to be seen how much tightly packed zone Carlisle plays, and what the Heat choose to attempt against it.

gengiskhan
05-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Miami dont have a true gritty PG like Jason Kidd!!

If Kidd can pull of 2008 Rondo in this finals

If tough gritty Chandler can get inside the head of soft Bosh.

If Dallas 3 pt shooter go on scoring spruee & Wade continues his piss poor shooting form & performance.

Dallas could win it in 6 or 7. There is a good chance.

BarberSchool
05-27-2011, 08:05 PM
Yet to be proven. Heat destroyed two of the best defensive teams in the league. Bulls had number one defense.Only because the Bulls and old, decrepit Celtics couldn't score, AT ALL. Scoring will not be anywhere near as challenging for this Mavericks team.

BarberSchool
05-27-2011, 08:06 PM
never underestimate the brittleness of a 38 yr old's knees*Kicks chips93 HAM in his d@mn knees*

Foster5k
05-27-2011, 08:07 PM
Mavericks can score in the half court and in transition. Something that neither Philadelphia, Chicago or Boston were capable of doing
The Heat's superior team defense is good versus half court or transition offenses.

The real question is will the Mavericks non-elite defense be able to stop Miami's transition offense. Miami has the best transition offense in the NBA.

BarberSchool
05-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Miami has the best transition offense in the NBA.They do. Mavericks will give up as many or more transition points to the Heat as Boston, Philly, and Chicago did. Difference is Dallas will score quite a few more times themselves in transition and the half court, than Philly, Boston, and Chicago did.

LurkingFanboy
05-27-2011, 08:46 PM
If there's such a thing as sports karma then the Heat and some of their fans are loading up the bad karma pickup truck something heavy. Yikes really hope y'alls team aren't rubber stamping their championship cruise tickets already.

lol I can't believe a dude just admitted that this unstoppable focused juggernaut takes games off.....in the POST season! I kind of actually feel bad for the real Heat fans that aren't running their traps because if they lose the amount of nutkicking they are going to receive will be epic.

Foster5k
05-27-2011, 08:50 PM
If there's such a thing as sports karma
There's not. There is such a thing as elite defenses which the Heat have and have destroyed throughout the playoffs. There is also such a thing as super stars which the heat have two including an above average All-Star.

LurkingFanboy
05-27-2011, 08:54 PM
BTW on this elite defense thing...

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/team-comparison-per-game/sort/avgPointsOpponent

Chicago and Miami tied at 2 at 88.3 per game

Dallas is #5 at 92.5

Offense per game

Dallas is #2 99.57

Miami is #8 92.9

Can we tone the down the rhetoric a bit. Just a tad.

LurkingFanboy
05-27-2011, 08:56 PM
There's not. There is such a thing as elite defenses which the Heat have and have destroyed throughout the playoffs. There is also such a thing as super stars which the heat have two including an above average All-Star.
Miami is number 8 in scoring. Those elite defenses they "destroyed" are PPG tied with the Mavs worse or just a bit a head. None of them had offenses as good as Dallas'

But yep Dallas honestly has no shot. :applause:

bettalaylow
05-27-2011, 08:56 PM

winning game 1 by 20 points had no effect whatsoever. The heat throw one stinker game every series where they just take the night off giving little to no energy.. and those 3 games were their only losses in the postseason.

Yet they desperately want a title SMH @ NBA competition.

Cone
05-27-2011, 08:57 PM
NBA Finals preview:

http://i27.tinypic.com/213p0qt.jpg

:lol did dirk **** your mom or something? you really hate the guy, you are pathetic.

lets go dirk!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

DeronMillsap
05-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Foster, wanna do an account bet on this series?

Heat win, I'll leave this forum forever.
Heat lose, you leave this forum forever.

I'll keep my words and vanish from here; I won't even lurk here. You can create a new account if you lose but don't use your current account anymore.

Foster5k
05-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Foster, wanna do an account bet on this series?

Heat win, I'll leave this forum forever.
Heat lose, you leave this forum forever.

I'll keep my words and vanish from here; I won't even lurk here. You can create a new account if you lose but don't use your current account anymore.
:oldlol:

You're on. Heat in 5. People act like the Mavericks are this mighty force of nature that can't be stopped by an elite defense such as the Miami Heat who also have two super stars in their prime and one above average all-star. A lot of people are going to be surprised by how easily the Heat demolish the Mavericks.

DeronMillsap
05-27-2011, 09:08 PM

You're on. Heat in 5. People act like the Mavericks are this mighty force of nature that can't be stopped by an elite defense such as the Miami Heat who also have two super stars in their prime and one above average all-star. A lot of people are going to be surprised by how easily the Heat demolish the Mavericks.
Alright, man. We official confirmed the bet in my thread.

Cone
05-27-2011, 09:12 PM

you're going to be surprised

Foster5k
05-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Miami is number 8 in scoring. Those elite defenses they "destroyed" are PPG tied with the Mavs worse or just a bit a head. None of them had offenses as good as Dallas'

But yep Dallas honestly has no shot. :applause:
So, you're saying the Lakers, OKC, and Blazers defenses are on par with the Celtics and Bulls defenses? :oldlol:

Mavericks wouldn't have gotten past the Celtics if they played them instead of the Blazers first round.

williams012
05-27-2011, 09:19 PM
I have a feeling the macs will take game 2 but heat will take it back when it heads to dallas.

This isn't a cake walk at all and I'm expecting a minimum of 6 games.

Wade needs to start hitting his shots and the heat will win.

greensmoke21
05-27-2011, 09:21 PM
:lol this thread has so much potential to fail if the mavs win

dazzer87
05-27-2011, 09:22 PM
The Celtics were riddled with injuries and still almost won 3

Wow almost 3 games, but the series eneded in 5.....:facepalm

greymatter
05-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Why do people make these stupid absolute assertions? The Mavs "had no chance" against the Lakers too.

As to the account betting, your accounts are less than worthless. You're just some random douchebag on teh intardnets. If you lose and still post on the account, no one ultimately gives a shit and will forget in a few weeks anyway.

MostHated305
05-27-2011, 09:29 PM

-Mavericks haven't face anything near the defense of even the Celtics, let alone the Bulls. Both teams which Miami destroyed.

http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/6209/sammyd.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/813/sammyd.png/)

Foster5k
05-27-2011, 09:32 PM
The Mavs "had no chance" against the Lakers too.
The Los Angeles Lakers do not have two super stars in their prime and an above average all-star. They also do not have an elite defense like Miami.

MavsPoke
05-27-2011, 09:36 PM

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/team-comparison-per-game/sort/avgPointsOpponent

Dallas is #5 at 92.5

Offense per game

Dallas is #2 99.57

Miami is #8 92.9

Can we tone the down the rhetoric a bit. Just a tad.

Dallas has the best point differential in the playoffs at 7.2.
Miami has the second best point differential in the playoffs at 4.6.

I'm not saying that this shows any kind of advantage to the Mavericks, just accentuating the point that the extreme rhetoric for the Heat over the Mavs looks pretty silly.

Now, it is fun to go back and forth trash talking a bit and advocating for your favorite team, but some of the Heat fans in this thread seem to have lost their sense of reason and logic and gone full bore homer mode.

stephanieg
05-27-2011, 09:39 PM
The thing that scares me is that Mavs have so many white players -- Dirk, Peja, JJ, and Kidd is half white. Going up against two hyper athletic black specimens...this is gonna be ugly, especially without HC.

Human Error
05-27-2011, 09:41 PM
It was to show that the Heat are not world beaters you dipshit.
what did you show idiot? heat in reality should have lost all those close games while the mavericks' close wins were all well deserved? get the hell out of here with your retarded hypothesis.

adri41
05-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Gee, Foster. Do you think Miami's defense is "elite"?

BarberSchool
05-27-2011, 09:44 PM

Dallas is #5 at 92.5

Offense per game

Dallas is #2 99.57

Miami is #8 92.9

Can we tone the down the rhetoric a bit. Just a tad.Interesting interjection. Not loud enough to drown out all the emotive babble, unfortuneately.

BarberSchool
05-27-2011, 09:48 PM
The thing that scares me is that Mavs have so many white players -- Dirk, Peja, JJ, and Kidd is half white. Going up against two hyper athletic black specimens...this is gonna be ugly, especially without HC.This is the NBA, not Track & f#@king Field.

Kingwillball
05-27-2011, 09:50 PM
here is My expert opinion on the matter. The Mavs do have the best offense the Heat will have faced this postseason. The Flip side to that coin is the HEat also have the best Defense Mavs will have faced this postseason. The kicker however is the Mavs Defense is Maybe the 4th best(tossup between them and Sixers) Defense the Heat offense will face. The Heat also bring 3 Guys Capable of scoring 30 on any night which brings alot headache preparing for than any team they have faced either. In a Nutshell the Heat are the Most complete team on both sides and the main reason why they Should win series.

thomaspynchon
05-27-2011, 09:55 PM
This is a series about good, intelligent white players versus cheating, PED taking blacks.

you know whose side to take...

ProfessorMurder
05-27-2011, 10:03 PM
what did you show idiot? heat in reality should have lost all those close games while the mavericks' close wins were all well deserved? get the hell out of here with your retarded hypothesis.

I don't even know what you're babbling about...

Jasper
05-27-2011, 10:05 PM
This series is based on obstructions and obstacles... (sounds like a crapper)

Obstacles :

Mav's mentally needed to get passed the 1st round
Mav's mentally had to beat the lakers and then prove to them selves they could sweep them. (These were the 2 time champs)
Mav's had to prove (Kidd) that he could compete against Westbrook

Heat : mentally had to bust through a late season lossing streak
Heat mentally had to figure out chemistry and rotation
Heat mentally had to beat the Celtic's not only at the Garden but take the series.
Heat had to prove they could DEFEND and compete against Coach T.'s bulls defense.

------------------
Obstructions :

Mav's mentally need to beat the HEAT and bury them because of 2006
Physically Kidd has to rise up and play a leadership role more so than ever compared to the Olmypics as well as the two Nets final appearances.
COREY B. needs to play significant minutes against D-WAde

Heat mentally have to prepare to blockout Haywood , Chandler, Dirk and Matrix from the boards.
D-Wade needs to start his game in every game scoring to the rack
Lebron will need to lead like at no other time , because he will be guarded against a premier defender in Matrix and yet play valuable minutes defending Dirk.

This will not be an easy series (I'D BE SHOCKED)
This will go 6 if Mav's steal one in Miami
OR more than likely go 7 games ,, and a slight % will go to the Heat with home court.

Like Kobe dealt with last year , saying it was a mental war ...
This series will be a physical and mental war x10.

Kurosawa0
05-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Dallas has a chance, but it's a very slight one. We're basically asking Dirk to be the best player on the floor 4 times out of seven (outplaying LeBron) and Jason Kidd, Jason Terry and Shawn Marion to consistently match the play of Wade and Chris Bosh. It's just very unlikely. Can it happen? Sure, but I'd give it a 35% chance.

sportstownusa
05-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Don't forget guys, Heat have the secret weapon that no one else in the league has yet perfected.

It's called TEAM DEFENSE! Mavs got Chandler and Marion playing lock-up defense. They have J-Kidd playing the passing lanes. But come on now, that aint no match for "TEAM DEFENSE" that the heat play. There is no one in the league that plays defense as well as TEAM. TEAM is gonna lock the mavs down. TEAM doesn't even sub out of the game.

Unless all of you believe that Marion + Chandler + Kidd > TEAM, the Mavs are screwed.

:rolleyes:

Balla_Status
05-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Disagree. Elite closing teams don't blow 22 point leads going into the fourth quarter. Not just that, they let ONE GUY do it. Even worse, the one guy that did it basically didn't even have knees, Bradon Roy. Imagine what Lebron or Dwade would do if down going into the fourth quarter. Mavericks will have no chance at closing out any game vs Miami.

lol...way to read the rest of my post moron. I can already tell you're going to troll pretty hard this next series.

gilalizard
05-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Mavs have to play very very well to win. The Heat are so stacked, and get so much ref help, 2 out 3 of their best players (2 of which are the 2 best players in the game) can have off nights (or entire series) and they can still win pretty easily.

The Mavs can't have any off nights. They need a fair series called. And they need the 2 of the best players in the game (dwhistle and tehchosen1) to consistently play poorly.

The Mavs will have to work a lot harder, and be much more consistent to win. Miami doesn't need to work as hard and can be more inconsistent and still win. The Heat just have it easier.

Lordragoonx1x
05-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Heat in 6 or 5. Like the old saying goes defense win championships.

LurkingFanboy
05-28-2011, 01:26 AM
So, you're saying the Lakers, OKC, and Blazers defenses are on par with the Celtics and Bulls defenses? :oldlol:

Mavericks wouldn't have gotten past the Celtics if they played them instead of the Blazers first round.
If the Mavs played the same Celtics the Heat played? A team that looked a little old a little slow and one of their better players hobbled? Yeah I'd take the Mavs against them. Actually Dallas has played relatively well against the Celtics

And I'm saying the numbers aren't as skewed as you are trying to make them and your arguement starts to become a bit chicken and the egg when confronted by cold numbers.

For example regular season Portland and LA were number 7 and 8th best defense in the league. just behind...."elite defense" Miami.

BTW you want to know the regular season ratings for the teams offenses that Miami beat? number 18, number 19 and number 23. Meanwhile during the regular season OKC was the number 5 and LA was number 9. Post season OKC has the most potent offense Lakers the 7th Miami 8. So going on pure numbers Dallas put up top 5 defensive numbers(92.5 ppg) against offenses that averaged 94.6 PPG in the playoffs which BTW would put them ahead of Miami as an averaged group. Miami's opponents averaged 91.2 ppg during the entire playoffs. So either Miami plays elite defense or they just play REALLY good defense against teams that aren't as offensively gifted as the teams in the west.

BTW if you want to get into other things Mavs have a larger average point differential in their wins than Miami, they force more turnovers. They turnover the ball less. Shoot FTs better. Shoot 3 pointers better. Defend the 3 better. Shoot better from the floor too.

Now I'm not saying all this to say they will win. I don't know I said before if they can not stop but limit Wade and James and if Dirk can get a realistic efficient 25-28 pts a game and 10-12 rebounds. The series becomes Mavs bench versus Heat role players and I'll gladly take my chances. If Bosh goes beast mode this series they'll win. If the Mavs find their shooting touch they had in that Lakers series they WILL win. Because if guys like Peja Terry and JJ are feeling their shots there's not a dang thing you can do about it legally. Because they'll pull up shoot the shot with you in their face and drain it and get back on defense and make you score in a slowed down half court set and if they get a lucky strip in the lane here a forced jumper there and get up the court and continue to convert they can flood you with points super duper quick. Just don't think anybody should be saying this will be easy for the Heat or the Mavs have no chance.:rolleyes:

wakencdukest
05-28-2011, 01:29 AM
The thing that scares me is that Mavs have so many white players -- Dirk, Peja, JJ, and Kidd is half white. Going up against two hyper athletic black specimens...this is gonna be ugly, especially without HC.

So, I guess we know which team is more intelligent.

Nobler
05-28-2011, 01:32 AM
If you say the Mavs have no chance, theeennnn you havent been watching any of their games this post season. Dirk has toggled god mode (Im a heat fan) IM scared as shit of him right now tbh, but if we play the way we have been the last 2 series then Heat in 6 IMO

Cangri
05-28-2011, 01:44 AM
lol @ anyone overlooking the Mavs :hammerhead:

talkingconch
05-28-2011, 02:11 AM
would like the heat to win (whaddya know? a lakers fan rooting for Lebron?)

Not that it has anything to do with playing dallas :D

No but seriously, I'd like to see lebron get his first

Heat007
05-28-2011, 02:47 AM
The Heatles are on a much bigger mission. That defense can clamp down teams whenever they want to. Look at all the putrid 4th quarters by the Bulls who couldn't do jack shit when miami committed to stopping them

Same foir the Celtics, and the C's were 2nd in the NBA in FG efficiency this year. But in game 5 (and other games in the series), Miami shut them down late when they clamped down. Witness ZERO field goals for Boston in the final 5 minutes of regulation in game 5, and just a measly 2 buckets in all of overtime.

two buckets in the Final 10 minutes for the best defense in the NBA, against the team with the 2nd best FG efficiency in the NBA. lol.

The Mavs have no chance, you guys are on some lunatic fringe if you think they do. Nothing is going to stop Lebron and Wade from winning the title this year... and the foreseeable future as the many rings and championship trophies are reeled in at lightning speed.

The Miami Heat are on a much bigger mission, a HISTORICAL one for the AGES !!!. Nothing will stop us from achieving legendary greatness and legendary status that will be talked about for many many years into the future.

"We Da Bess !!"

Mr. Jabbar
05-28-2011, 02:54 AM
The Heatles are on a much bigger mission. That defense can clamp down teams whenever they want to. Look at all the putrid 4th quarters by the Bulls who couldn't do jack shit when miami committed to stopping them

Same foir the Celtics, and the C's were 2nd in the NBA in FG efficiency this year. But in game 5 (and other games in the series), Miami shut them down late when they clamped down. Witness ZERO field goals for Boston in the final 5 minutes of regulation in game 5, and just a measly 2 buckets in all of overtime.

two buckets in the Final 10 minutes for the best defense in the NBA, against the team with the 2nd best FG efficiency in the NBA. lol.

The Mavs have no chance, you guys are on some lunatic fringe if you think they do. Nothing is going to stop Lebron and Wade from winning the title this year... and the foreseeable future as the many rings and championship trophies are reeled in at lightning speed.

The Miami Heat are on a much bigger mission, a HISTORICAL one for the AGES !!!. Nothing will stop us from achieving legendary greatness and legendary status that will be talked about for many many years into the future.

"We Da Bess !!"

you already got that.

legendary cheap unclassy superstar reunion, like the league had never seen. If the heat wins a title its a sad day for true nba fans and any competitor that appreciates the essence of sports.

bdreason
05-28-2011, 03:14 AM
I hate to agree, but I think Miami has this series on wrap.

The only thing Dallas has going for it is superior shooting... and Miami has the best perimeter defense in the league. Mavericks aren't going to be getting wide open jumpers.

ThaSwagg3r
05-28-2011, 03:17 AM
The only thing Dallas has going for it is superior shooting... and Miami has the best perimeter defense in the league. Mavericks aren't going to be getting wide open jumpers.
Since when? Miami was worse than the Lakers at defending the 3 point shot this season.

El Kabong
05-28-2011, 03:20 AM
So the Celtics are back up to being rated as a "elite" defensive team again? That's nice to know.

Series is split 50/50 for me. I'd be hard to pick until I see game 1. In 2006 Haslem wrapped up Dirk pretty tight, if Haslem/Anthony/Bosh can't handle Dirk, then i'd give the Mavs a serious shot. If Dirk gets contained, then Miami will win in 5-6.

MavsPoke
05-28-2011, 03:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEECwgdigZY

It's going to be so sweet after the Mavs/Heat series when the Lebron/Wade fans join the Kobe fans and acknowledge how legendary Dirk has been in these playoffs.

Good luck to the Heat. You are gonna need it.

Nobler
05-28-2011, 04:30 AM
Who the shit is denying Dirks run has been legendary this year? The only ones ive seen doing that are the trolls. Their opinion isnt worth shit anyways

King Lebron LBJ
05-28-2011, 06:42 AM
Dallas has a chance, but it's a very slight one. We're basically asking Dirk to be the best player on the floor 4 times out of seven (outplaying LeBron) and Jason Kidd, Jason Terry and Shawn Marion to consistently match the play of Wade and Chris Bosh. It's just very unlikely. Can it happen? Sure, but I'd give it a 35% chance.
Pretty much

Dallas are Great but they are still dirk and a bunch of really good role players. Miami are the best defensive team, better on the boards and have 3 out of the 4 best players in the series. That should be too much. More so when miam has home court
which is huge in the finals format

The chances of lebron and wade losing now they in the finals? Think it is slim

10x91= 5 Rings
05-28-2011, 07:25 AM
Presumptuous!!!!

Look it up in the dictionary,kids.

Foster5k
05-28-2011, 10:50 AM
lol @ anyone overlooking the Mavs
lol at anyone under-rating the Miami Heat. The Mavericks got to the finals by beating three water down defensive teams. Guys like J.J. Barea were dominating. That's not going to happen versus Miami's elite team defense. Dirk isn't going to get good looks at the basket. Dirk got to the foul line way too many times in all three series going into the finals. Versus the Miami Heat Dirk is going to be defended well at all times without fouling him.

Mavericks defense will not be able to stop Miami's offense. You seen what happen when a crippled Bradon Roy single handily destroyed the Mavericks in game 4. Imagine what two prime super stars and one above average all-star is going to do to the Mavericks. It's going to be a massacre. Anyone who thinks otherwise is only Jason Kidding themselves.

24r2
05-28-2011, 11:13 AM
i have this feeling that the mavs are gonna stomp the heat

swi7ch
05-28-2011, 11:21 AM
i can see them winning two gamnes...

Foster5k
05-28-2011, 11:23 AM
i have this feeling that the mavs are gonna stomp the heat
Again, people under-rating the Heat. Mavericks have no one that can stop both Lebron and Wade two of the best players in the league. A crippled Bradon Roy destroyed the Mavericks in game four. Imagine what these two prime super stars are going to do. Throw in Chris Bosh an above average all-star caliber player and the rest of the Heat and there's no way the Mavericks can stop their offense.

The Heat's defense will have no trouble containing Dirk without fouling him and their defense as a whole will be better than anything the Mavericks have seen thus far.

DMAVS41
05-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Again, people under-rating the Heat. Mavericks have no one that can stop both Lebron and Wade two of the best players in the league. A crippled Bradon Roy destroyed the Mavericks in game four. Imagine what these two prime super stars are going to do. Throw in Chris Bosh an above average all-star caliber player and the rest of the Heat and there's no way the Mavericks can stop their offense.

The Heat's defense will have no trouble containing Dirk without fouling him and their defense as a whole will be better than anything the Mavericks have seen thus far.

The Heat have better players and home court. They should be favored. However, this Mavs team matches up well against the Heat.

Its going to take Dirk playing at a legendary level and others stepping up, but that is what its taken to get here. If that stays constant, the Mavs have a great chance to push this thing to the brink.

Mrofir
05-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Dallas better win this. If they have no chance, Id have rather seen LA try to take the Heat down. How ironic. This matchup can only be saved by a Dal win, and saved it will be

Foster5k
05-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Its going to take Dirk playing at a legendary level
Same thing people said about the MVP Rose. Miami's defense is just too good. No matter how good Dirk plays this series, he's not going to do what he did versus the Blazers, Thunder, or Lakers. The Heat's defense is at a whole other level than those three teams.

adri41
05-28-2011, 12:00 PM
This thread is so much better now that I've used my ignore list.:)

Foster5k
05-28-2011, 12:03 PM
This thread is so much better now that I've used my ignore list.:)
:pimp:

The_LA_Blakers
05-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Dont forget that the mavs swept the defending champs.

So did the Heat.

The_LA_Blakers
05-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Dallas better win this. If they have no chance, Id have rather seen LA try to take the Heat down. How ironic. This matchup can only be saved by a Dal win, and saved it will be

The Lakers are a team very similar to the Bulls. The Heat would have swept them.

ChandlerParsons
05-28-2011, 12:19 PM
I hate when people make threads like this, because if the Heat lose, thread will be bumped. and mayhem

Cangri
05-28-2011, 12:41 PM

And some people are still underating the Mavs even after all they've proven this whole postseason. The Mavs are much better than the Bulls and more balanced on offense.

LurkingFanboy
05-28-2011, 01:27 PM
So did the Heat.
And the Mavs swept them the Heat too if we want to talk regular season.:cheers:

LurkingFanboy
05-28-2011, 01:29 PM

Want to guess how many games Dallas lost since that one? If you think the same Mavs team is going into Miami that let that happen you are not thinking clearly.

eppelp
05-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Should we list the teams that won despite never having a chance?:rolleyes: Bigger upsets have happened in sports.

dillondavis
05-28-2011, 01:40 PM

I See your point but after bulls won game one they wasn't goin back to Chicago for 3 in a row they went back to miami After losing home court, get it? If Dallas steals home court with the finals format it 2-3-2 they could easily have a possible close out game in Miami for game 6. But your homerism blinded you of this possibilty.

DMAVS41
05-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Same thing people said about the MVP Rose. Miami's defense is just too good. No matter how good Dirk plays this series, he's not going to do what he did versus the Blazers, Thunder, or Lakers. The Heat's defense is at a whole other level than those three teams.

What?

Rose just had to play average to good and the Bulls win that series.

The Heat's defense may be so good that its simply not possible to do, but that doesn't change what I said.

I said its going to take Dirk continuing to play at a legendary level.

Rose was awful If he was just ok the Bulls probably win that series. Every single game they lost was close with 4 minutes left.

Foster5k
05-28-2011, 01:42 PM
If you think the same Mavs team is going into Miami that let that happen you are not thinking clearly.
Look who the Mavs beat to get to the finals...

Blazers-Poor defensive team with crippled Bradon Roy. They actually struggle to close this team out even though they won the series 4-2.

OKC-Another poor defensive team with a shoot first point guard who can't shoot and only one young somewhat super star Kevin Durant.

Lakers-Yet another poor defensive team lead by an old Kobe.

In the Finals, the Mavericks are facing 2 super stars in their prime and one really good all-star player. A team that is playing elite team defense. A team that has very good hustle/role players to grind out games. This is going to be a massacre. People have too much faith in a Mavericks team that's known for choking. They still haven't won anything yet. This Mavericks team is not too much different from the same Mavericks team that got beat in the 2006 finals by Dwade and an old Shaq.

SebasMiamiFan
05-28-2011, 02:36 PM
I don't know if we're going to stomp Dallas (I do think Miami will win), but people here are really underrating the Heat. People make it like Miami has no chance and that Dirk is on the mission, while the Heat are not. The Heat ARE VERY determined to get their 2nd title.

Balla_Status
05-28-2011, 02:38 PM
I don't know if we're going to stomp Dallas (I do think Miami will win), but people here are really underrating the Heat. People make it like Miami has no chance and that Dirk is on the mission, while the Heat are not. The Heat ARE VERY determined to get their 2nd title.

uh...dude. Look at the thread title you're posting in.

SebasMiamiFan
05-28-2011, 02:45 PM
uh...dude. Look at the thread title you're posting in.

I know but in every thread people make it like the Heat don't have a chance because "Dirk is on a mission." So the Heat aren't?

ace23
05-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Look who the Mavs beat to get to the finals...

Blazers-Poor defensive team with crippled Bradon Roy. They actually struggle to close this team out even though they won the series 4-2.

Lakers-Yet another poor defensive team lead by an old Kobe.
These are the NBA's 7th and 8th ranked scoring defenses.

inclinerator
05-28-2011, 02:50 PM
why do ppl even pick the mavs if u are gonna say refs wont allow the heat to lose?

goldenryan
05-28-2011, 03:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oBzYB.jpg

Scoooter
05-28-2011, 03:20 PM
None of the Heat's opponents could score the ball like the Mavs, and the none of the Mavs opponents defended them the way the Heat will.

The Mavericks definitely had the tougher road to the Finals, but I think it will be a good series.

Clippersfan86
05-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Man.. I have never wanted a team to win a ring more than now. Not only do I want Dirk, Marion, Kidd and Peja to get a ring but the arrogance of the HEAT players and fans is incredibly annoying. I hope Miami gets their teeth kicked in this series and the fans learn humility. So many bandwagon mother fu**ers in their fan base.

Foster5k
05-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Man.. I have never wanted a team to win a ring more than now. Not only do I want Dirk, Marion, Kidd and Peja to get a ring but the arrogance of the HEAT players and fans is incredibly annoying. I hope Miami gets their teeth kicked in this series and the fans learn humility. So many bandwagon mother fu**ers in their fan base.
This guy is going to be severely disappointed. :oldlol:

Clippersfan86
05-28-2011, 04:30 PM
This guy is going to be severely disappointed. :oldlol:

I think you're being a prick about it. HEAT fans talking about how easy of a series it's going to be. That's how Lakers fans and even the players felt about the Mavs and they got STOMPED. I really hope the players are more realistic about the team they are facing than bandwagon HEAT fans like yourself. The Mavs are a very formidable team just like Miami. Both teams can win this series. I've been saying since last week I think it will be a 7 game series. I don't see either team dominating the other. When Marion and Kidd cause Wade and Lebron problems I'm going to laugh. 33 and 38 year olds about to lock up 29 and 26 year old.

Foster5k
05-28-2011, 04:37 PM
33 and 38 year olds about to lock up 29 and 26 year old.Good luck locking up the number one and two best players in the NBA with 33 and 38 year olds. Mavericks have yet to play an elite team defense like Miami in the playoffs. The 2011 Dallas Mavericks just aren't good enough to beat the 2011 Heat. This Miami team is extremely under-rated if you think otherwise.

adri41
05-28-2011, 04:40 PM
I feel like some people here don't have the mental capacity to understand the difference between the Mavericks having a chance, and the Mavericks actually winning the series. These are not the '73 Sixers. Dallas has improved and capable defense, a very deep bench, and a player who has had, arguably, the best playoff run of anyone this year. Is Miami favored, and heavily? Absolutely. Would I bet my life on their win? Absolutely not.

Clippersfan86
05-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Good luck locking up the number one and two best players in the NBA with 33 and 38 year olds. Mavericks have yet to play an elite team defense like Miami in the playoffs. The 2011 Dallas Mavericks just aren't good enough to beat the 2011 Heat. This Miami team is extremely under-rated if you think otherwise.

Marion just locked up Durant big time. That was in 1 on 1 play the entire series. Kidd just finished locking up Kobe and Westbrook. You honestly wanna tell me Wade is harder to guard than Kobe? Wade's going to get to the rim but he's not a thread from everywhere on the floor like Kobe. Not to mention even at Kidd's age.. he's too strong to get bullied in the post by Wade. You say people are underrating them but you're being VERY disrespectful towards Dallas and underrating them. They had a tougher road to the finals AND had a better record getting here.

Clippersfan86
05-28-2011, 04:48 PM
I feel like some people here don't have the mental capacity to understand the difference between the Mavericks having a chance, and the Mavericks actually winning the series. These are not the '73 Sixers. Dallas has improved and capable defense, a very deep bench, and a player who has had, arguably, the best playoff run of anyone this year. Is Miami favored, and heavily? Absolutely. Would I bet my life on their win? Absolutely not.

Exactly. No doubt Miami is the favorite. For people like 2Kfoster to sit here and disrespect the Mavs though and talk about them being an easy team to beat is foolish and ignorant.

cteach111
05-28-2011, 04:50 PM
i say the Mavericks have a very legit shot.

1) Philly is a very young team. They're good but certainly not elite.
2) Boston... we weren't the same since post all star break.
3) Chicago hasn't played elite ball all postseason

Have any of those teams looked elite in the postseason? can't say they did.

But Dallas, they've looked very, very good. They are the only team that has been playing elite basketball... but to be fair, so has Miami.

It all comes down to the first 2 games. If Dallas can't win one of those 2 games, they're done and you can officially say, Miami has entered the elite category.

Foster5k
05-28-2011, 04:50 PM
They had a tougher road to the finals AND had a better record getting here.Mavericks haven't even played a defense as good as the Celtics in the playoffs. While Miami destroyed the number one defense in the league. Mavericks wouldn't have made it out of the East.

Clippersfan86
05-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Mavericks haven't even played a defense as good as the Celtics in the playoffs. While Miami destroyed the number one defense in the league. Mavericks wouldn't have made it out of the East.

Mavs have worse team defense than the Bulls and Celtics but BETTER individual defensive players guarding Iso's. Which means their defense is ideal unlike Boston and Chicago. Why? Because Miami is a team of individuals. More than half of their offense is isolation attempts. Unlike Chicago and Boston... Dallas doesn't rely on help or team defense to get stops. They have guys like Kidd, Chandler, Marion, Stevenson and Brewer who can guard you all the way up the court and shut you down.

Portland=Sixers
Lakers>Celtics
Thunder=Bulls

as for performance in the playoffs this year. So all around Mavs faced stiffer competition. Lakers had a better offense and defensive rating than the Celtics.

Clippersfan86
05-28-2011, 05:00 PM
http://www.nba.com/statscube/lineup-vs-lineup.html#Heat-vs-Mavericks|1610612748,1610612742|1710%20-%202544%20-%202547%20-%202548%20-%20201202,467%20-%201717%20-%201890%20-%201891%20-%202199;season=p

I made the lineup that is most likely to log heavy minutes for both sides and Dallas crushes Miami.

If you swap Bibby for Chalmers.. Dallas still comes out on top by a good amount.

http://www.nba.com/statscube/lineup-vs-lineup.html#Heat-vs-Mavericks|1610612748,1610612742|2544%20-%202547%20-%202548%20-%20201202%20-%20201596,467%20-%201717%20-%201890%20-%201891%20-%202199;season=p

MiseryCityTexas
05-28-2011, 05:08 PM

your like the fist person i know on the internet rocking a kevin martin avi. rockets fans dont even do that.....

Clippersfan86
05-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Btw... Heat shot 41 percent against the Mavs this year.. when the season average for them was 48 percent. It's safe to say Dallas who's improved a lot since then just like Miami.. has the personnel to at least put up a great fight. 2-0 in the series too.

sodapop
05-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Dallas Mavericks have one advantage over the Heat, Tyson Chandler. There is no answer for him inside the paint. He's aggressive like KG, rebound like a young Dennis Rodman and a huge defensive threat inside. Plus, you add Dirk? Rebounds win games and the Heat don't have any tough big men to battle for rebounds inside the paint. The Mavs is the better rebounding team. Joel Anthony is no match. Once again, Udonis Haslem might be the key player to match up against Tyson Chandler. It'll be interesting to see.... I got the Mavs in 6.

D.J.
05-28-2011, 06:24 PM
This is arguably the best Dirk Nowitzki has ever played. This Dallas team is also much better defensively than the '06 team. No Dampier or Devin Harris and they now have Tyson Chandler, Shawn Marion, Brendan Haywood, and Jason Kidd. I think Dallas will pull it off.

LurkingFanboy
05-28-2011, 06:41 PM
. This Mavericks team is not too much different from the same Mavericks team that got beat in the 2006 finals by Dwade and an old Shaq.
10 Darrell Armstrong G 6-0 170 June 22, 1968 11 Fayetteville State University
13 Doug Christie G-F 6-6 200
25 Erick Dampier C 6-11 265
6 Marquis Daniels G-F 6-6
7 DeSagana Diop C 7-0
44 Adrian Griffin G-F 6-5
34 Devin Harris G 6-3
5 Josh Howard F-G 6-7
28 Didier Ilunga-Mbenga C
1 Rawle Marshall G-F 6-9
41 Dirk Nowitzki F 7-0
24 Pavel Podkolzin C
33 Josh Powell F
42 Jerry Stackhouse G-F
31 Jason Terry G
2 Keith Van Horn F

I know you are trolling and I normally don't say this to people but if you look at that lineup and honestly believe what you are saying you are either a crackbaby or ate lead based paint chips as a child.

LurkingFanboy
05-28-2011, 06:50 PM
My God the sheer spareness of that list stuns me even looking at it now.

clayton
05-28-2011, 07:23 PM
All the doubters said they ain't gonna get past the Celtics and Bulls. They did and will soon bulldoze the Mavericks in the finals.

Human Error
05-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Dallas Mavericks have one advantage over the Heat, Tyson Chandler. There is no answer for him inside the paint. He's aggressive like KG, rebound like a young Dennis Rodman and a huge defensive threat inside. Plus, you add Dirk? Rebounds win games and the Heat don't have any tough big men to battle for rebounds inside the paint. The Mavs is the better rebounding team. Joel Anthony is no match. Once again, Udonis Haslem might be the key player to match up against Tyson Chandler. It'll be interesting to see.... I got the Mavs in 6.
Joakim Noah + Omer Asik defensively > Tyson Chandler + Brendan Haywood. Just saying.

HylianNightmare
05-28-2011, 08:32 PM
agreed once the whistles come out no one casn stop them

Clippersfan86
05-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Joakim Noah + Omer Asik defensively > Tyson Chandler + Brendan Haywood. Just saying.

Ugh NO. Tyson Chandler had a better defensive rating and was the all around better defender than Noah this year. Not to mention Haywood is a very solid defender in the paint and a massive upgrade over Omer.

Chandler>Noah
Haywood>Omer

This season/postseason

Human Error
05-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Ugh NO. Tyson Chandler had a better defensive rating and was the all around better defender than Noah this year. Not to mention Haywood is a very solid defender in the paint and a massive upgrade over Omer.

Chandler>Noah
Haywood>Omer

This season/postseason
lol you just going by the names not knowing what happens in todays NBA. The bulls are the best defensive team in the league for reasons and the number one reason is the interior presence of Noah, Asik and Taj Gibson. I have seen data that could back up my argument that cannot find now. Anyway soon you will see.

Foster5k
06-01-2011, 08:45 AM
:oldlol: :roll: :oldlol:

Foster5k
06-01-2011, 08:47 AM
None of the Heat's opponents could score the ball like the Mavs, and the none of the Mavs opponents defended them the way the Heat will.

The Mavericks definitely had the tougher road to the Finals, but I think it will be a good series.
:oldlol: :oldlol: :roll: :roll:

Foster5k
06-01-2011, 08:48 AM
lol @ anyone overlooking the Mavs :hammerhead:
Oh really? :oldlol: :roll: :oldlol:

Foster5k
06-01-2011, 08:53 AM
It's going to be so sweet after the Mavs/Heat series when the Lebron/Wade fans join the Kobe fans and acknowledge how legendary Dirk has been in these playoffs.

Good luck to the Heat. You are gonna need it.Cool story bro. :roll: :oldlol:

Foster5k
06-01-2011, 08:57 AM
ima be dishonest here
Right.... :oldlol: :roll:

ODEN>DURANT
06-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Um? Remember that game where a crippled Brandon Roy destroyed the Mavericks? The Mavericks had a 20+ point lead going into the 4th quarter. So, no they aren't as good as Miami in closing out games.

Miami's team defense will not let that happen. Ray Allen another great shooter got shut down by the Heat's superior defense. Kyle Kover got shut down. Heat defense is just too good.

Thunder didn't have Lebron James, Dwade, and Bosh on the same team.

And now can you see that the Mavs close out games and end games better than the Heat? The Heat had a 15 point lead with 7 minutes left in Game 2 and lost copping a 20-2 run. What about Game 4? The Heat couldn't buy a bucket in the final quarter and the Mavs defense just suffocated them.

Game 5 was an offensive explosion from the Mavs and the Heat had no answers. All that great perimeter D? How can you cop 70% from 3 point range.

Mr. Jabbar
06-10-2011, 07:41 PM
nice bump :oldlol:

Kensta
06-10-2011, 07:42 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

ChandlerParsons
06-10-2011, 07:42 PM
lol
but , lets wait till series is over

although basically it is

B
06-10-2011, 07:44 PM
This is what happens when fan boys are allowed to make threads.

ODEN>DURANT
06-10-2011, 07:44 PM
All the doubters said they ain't gonna get past the Celtics and Bulls. They did and will soon bulldoze the Mavericks in the finals.

Dows 3-2, that was an interesting way to bulldoze.

ChandlerParsons
06-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Dows 3-2, that was an interesting way to bulldoze.
the way the heat were playing after those games, closing it out, I would believe him before... Now they are not closing out games and it is easy to think they are stupid

rezznor
06-10-2011, 07:55 PM
[QUOTE=B

Mrofir
06-10-2011, 07:58 PM
wheres ashbelly;

where's everyone? who ARE you people

ChandlerParsons
06-10-2011, 08:00 PM
wheres ashbelly;

where's everyone? who ARE you people
ashbelly left like in the bulls series.. right? I don't think he was even on the threads.
Pauk idk where he went, he left along time ago also

Who else is there?
Chuck? Forgot

kentatm
06-10-2011, 08:01 PM
10 Darrell Armstrong G 6-0 170 June 22, 1968 11 Fayetteville State University
13 Doug Christie G-F 6-6 200
25 Erick Dampier C 6-11 265
6 Marquis Daniels G-F 6-6
7 DeSagana Diop C 7-0
44 Adrian Griffin G-F 6-5
34 Devin Harris G 6-3
5 Josh Howard F-G 6-7
28 Didier Ilunga-Mbenga C
1 Rawle Marshall G-F 6-9
41 Dirk Nowitzki F 7-0
24 Pavel Podkolzin C
33 Josh Powell F
42 Jerry Stackhouse G-F
31 Jason Terry G
2 Keith Van Horn F

I know you are trolling and I normally don't say this to people but if you look at that lineup and honestly believe what you are saying you are either a crackbaby or ate lead based paint chips as a child.

Doug Christie was not on the Mavs Finals squad. They signed him in the offseason hoping he could be the starting SG but he sucked it up and his wife was so crazy (women, like their PR director, that worked for the Mavs were literally not allowed to talk to him) that they cut him in November of that season. He was replaced by Adrian Griffin who started most of the year and half the playoffs.

d.bball.guy
06-10-2011, 08:01 PM
ashbelly left like in the bulls series.. right? I don't think he was even on the threads.

Who else is there?
Chuck? Forgot
I thought PurpleChuck is Heat007.

rule1223
06-10-2011, 08:05 PM

excellent analysis bro
jk, op is a *******, thanks for the lulz tho
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmk589BwSk1qh3fv7o1_500.jpg

LBJWADE
06-10-2011, 08:10 PM

Bosh always looks gay :facepalm

Why wont he just come out....

JGXEN
06-10-2011, 08:12 PM

Who else is there?
Chuck? Forgot
Ashbelly = Theoo's daddy

ChandlerParsons
06-10-2011, 08:13 PM
I thought PurpleChuck is Heat007.
oh yeah i forgot

talkingconch
06-10-2011, 08:14 PM

lmfao

ima laugh if the heat come back hahaha

ChandlerParsons
06-10-2011, 08:19 PM
lmfao

ima laugh if the heat come back hahaha
not going to happen

The Decision
06-10-2011, 08:24 PM
This thread will be full of wins come june. :oldlol:

:roll: :roll: :applause:

3zazer1
06-10-2011, 08:29 PM

:lol :lol :lol
I think you may want to rethink those quotes my friend.

The Decision
06-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Oh really? :oldlol: :roll: :oldlol:

Yes really... You made yourself look like a fool! :oldlol:

NugzHeat3
06-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Miami is still winning the series. We've looked like the better team for the majority of the series but couldn't quite close it out. That's not gonna be a problem back in MIA.

sportstownusa
06-10-2011, 08:44 PM
miami play TEAM DEFENSE!! Dallas cant score on Team Defense.

...YUP.

Who is Foster5k posting now as? That clown has to be posting here as some other alias.

Gallant
06-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Looks like someone had no idea what they were talking about.

Done_And_Done
06-10-2011, 08:50 PM

BE AFRAID

BE VERY AFRAID

:applause: @ this post and @ the hunger of J.Kidd

Although Wade has been pretty stellar thus far...

HeyMarkus
06-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Miami is still winning the series. We've looked like the better team for the majority of the series but couldn't quite close it out. That's not gonna be a problem back in MIA.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/awwwww.gif

Thorn
06-10-2011, 08:54 PM
You must have missed Game 2 or something.

FinishHim!
06-10-2011, 09:08 PM
HAHAHA, FAIL! I was looking for this thread the other day too. Good find!

tontoz
06-10-2011, 10:47 PM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/Gay20Thread20congrats.jpg

This next picture isn't thread related but i thought i would post it anyway....

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/Crab_Animation_6.gif

LurkingFanboy
06-11-2011, 12:36 AM
Doug Christie was not on the Mavs Finals squad. They signed him in the offseason hoping he could be the starting SG but he sucked it up and his wife was so crazy (women, like their PR director, that worked for the Mavs were literally not allowed to talk to him) that they cut him in November of that season. He was replaced by Adrian Griffin who started most of the year and half the playoffs.
I know just pasted the roster from guys that the Mavs had on their team that year and they should get a ****ing gold star for even making it to the finals with that collection of crap.

miles berg
06-11-2011, 01:23 AM
:roll:
Mavericks will have no chance at closing out any game vs Miami.

:hammerhead:

DirtySanchez
06-11-2011, 03:39 AM
Guess the OP might be eating crow this Sunday.

God I hope the Mavs close them out.

ThaSwagg3r
06-11-2011, 01:10 PM

http://h7.abload.de/img/0073_1nbe.gif

bekalc
06-11-2011, 01:29 PM

Really?. It looks to me like one team is making adjustments, and improving and another team isn't. The Mavs want it more.

And there was a saying about offense too. Great offense beats great defense. Its easy to make your defense look great when your not playing a good offensive team.

Miami does have some talented offensive players, but I feel like they have relied on their players talent rather than developing a credible scheme, great offensive strategy to get there.

ace23
06-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Heat has them right were it wants them. I don't see Wade letting them lose at home.

bekalc
06-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Heat has them right were it wants them. I don't see Wade letting them lose at home.

Look Dallas could absolutely lose. But you are absolutely ridiculous if you think Miami WANTED to lose Game 5. If losing game 5 was a startegy for them that's a heck of a lot of hubris.

This is a different Dirk from what Miami faced in 2006.

Dwade305
06-11-2011, 02:11 PM
The better team let the lesser team win back in 06, by giving in like pussys

The Heat are not going to let that happen this year.

LA_Showtime
06-11-2011, 02:13 PM
exact same situation as last year. miami's playing with fire because a big game by dirk (which is almost guaranteed) and another guy like terry could finish this series, but they've got home court advantage, two of the best players in the league, and a vaunted defense. i'm guessing this series is going 7.

ace23
06-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Look Dallas could absolutely lose. But you are absolutely ridiculous if you think Miami WANTED to lose Game 5. If losing game 5 was a startegy for them that's a heck of a lot of hubris.

This is a different Dirk from what Miami faced in 2006.
Of course they would have liked to have Game 5, but this 3-2 lead would have been the outcome if each team had won their home games. This is why you play the regular season: HCA.

Heat is in the driver's seat.

ThaSwagg3r
06-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Of course they would have liked to have Game 5, but this 3-2 lead would have been the outcome if each team had won their home games. This is why you play the regular season: HCA.

Yea, because Dallas hasn't and doesn't know how to win in Miami. :facepalm

bekalc
06-11-2011, 02:43 PM

Dallas has already shown they can beat the Heat at home. The Heat had an epic meltdown in Game 2. Plenty of teams have managed to win championships on the road. The idea that it would be better to be down 2-3 but have home court, is ridiculous to me. You don't make the NBA Finals without being able to play well on the road.

At this point, players are I suspect going to be way more fueled by internal fire than what the crowds are doing/saying.

Dwade305 The better team let the lesser team win back in 06, by giving in like pussys

The Heat are not going to let that happen this year.
Today 12:33 PM

If the Mavericks were a better team in 2006, they would have been able to pull it off at the end. While Miami is the more talented team, in terms of the strength of their individual players. I'm not convinced they are the better team. Miami has some work to do when it comes to TEAM offense, and learning how to close out games. I think Miami can get there, but they have yet to prove that they are the better team.

And the whole could have should have won all of these games, well the fact is Miami didn't win those games. I think Dwayne Wade said it best when he says its what you do in the end. The fact is throughout this serious Dallas have stayed with, close enough to the heat (and really they controlled Game 5) and then took over in the Fourth Quarter.

Dallas is a great road team, you don't give a great road team, a chance of beating you twice to win a championship on the road, and say You control this serious.

TheMan
06-11-2011, 03:03 PM

Yeah, just like you closed out gm 2 in excellent fashion!

TheMan
06-11-2011, 03:11 PM
I feel sorry for Heat fans who believe the Mavs will melt under pressure on the road, if anything, the Heat have some fragile egos and if the Mavs put up a fight in gm 6 like I think they will, the Mavs will close it out.

The Mavs have veterans who won't wilt under pressure, the Heat will have to beat them since they won't choke it away, Dirk won't let them.

Balla_Status
06-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Bump

DirkLegend41
06-12-2011, 11:23 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

d.bball.guy
06-12-2011, 11:25 PM
lolwut?

DirkLegend41
06-12-2011, 11:25 PM

Boston C's
06-12-2011, 11:27 PM
haha no chance my ass... i want all the heat fans to come out and acknowledge dallas like this foster guy and whoever else that said miami is better and dallas has no chance

Disaprine
06-12-2011, 11:28 PM
:roll:

DirkLegend41
06-12-2011, 11:31 PM

DirkLegend41
06-12-2011, 11:38 PM

themeanone
06-12-2011, 11:39 PM
LOL Miami. They have have only one winner on the team how do you expect to win a championship?

rule1223
06-12-2011, 11:39 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ProfessorMurder
06-12-2011, 11:43 PM

Who is this brilliant man? Oh, wait, that's me.

Mavs win! Mavs win!

bluechox2
06-12-2011, 11:44 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Gallant
06-12-2011, 11:48 PM
Some people are looking really foolish right about now. There is a lot of crow to be dished out.

utahjazzrock
06-12-2011, 11:54 PM
What's good OP?

d.bball.guy
06-13-2011, 12:06 AM
What's good OP?
OP should leave because of the bet he made with DeronMillsap.

TheAnchorman
06-13-2011, 12:27 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :lol :lol :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Stringer Bell
06-13-2011, 12:43 AM
Some gems in this thread.

LurkingFanboy
06-13-2011, 12:52 AM
The OP is a ***got gif should be quoted ad nauseum for this thread. What's up with the Heat are the better team blah blah blah elite defense blah blah blah blah LeBron is going to go off blah blah blah....**nutkick**

Told you karma mofo...somebody should pummel you in the face with it.

The Next Jordan
06-13-2011, 12:55 AM
This thread is officially an epic fail now.

CelticBaller
06-13-2011, 12:56 AM
op is a ****

Frank Nit
06-13-2011, 12:57 AM
So, if they played this series 10 times, how many do the Mavs win? I would say 8. I know the games were close, but it seems that the Dallas offense figured them out in the last two. Miami's just not built to compete with a team that can score 100 on them.

Done_And_Done
06-13-2011, 12:57 AM
Shame @ this thread...

smh

wagexslave
06-13-2011, 01:01 AM
Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7... but 0. 0 Championships.

DMV2
01-15-2012, 01:16 PM
DeronMillsap was such a great poster.

OP is definitely a pha99ot for not keeping his words.

http://gyazo.com/a968b8630b083ae5795321a9b5260eb8.png

Locked_Up_Tonight
01-15-2012, 01:20 PM
No. The hilarious one is CJ Mustard.