PDA

View Full Version : Prime Dennis Rodman vs. Current Chris Bosh

HisAirness3
05-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Who would you rather have, and who was the better player?

Notorious D.M.C
05-20-2011, 01:07 AM
Who would you rather have, and who was the better player?

I'll take the manlier one aka Rodman http://freddyo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/dennis-rodman-in-costume.jpg

kaiiu
05-20-2011, 01:09 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/20/rodman.jpg
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2007/1111/espn_rodman_300.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nOH9ujRBt_Q/TYFD66RAw8I/AAAAAAAAGUs/0_13O6OGdMA/s400/0_61_102506_dennis_rodman.jpg

Her

iamgine
05-20-2011, 01:11 AM
Rather have: Rodman

Better player: Bosh

97 bulls
05-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Rather have: Rodman

Better player: Bosh
Say what? Rodman is the better payer. The guy dominated at 2 of the 3 main facets of basketball. Rebounding and defense.

Bosh is a very good scorer. I even think rodman is a better passer than bosh too. And bosh is blessed to have the luxery of playing in an era of terrible centers. Bosh in the 90s would be and offensive horace grant.

Heat007
05-20-2011, 01:20 AM
For that Chicago team, Rodman is better. For this Miami team, Bosh is better.

You need a guy who can space the floor when you have 2 fantastic drive players like Wade and LeBron. And a guy who can nail his midrange shots (both Bosh and Haslem are great at shooting midrange shots).

Also Miami has a Top 3 defense with Bosh so Rodman isn't needed.

Moreover the Heat are a Top 3 rebounding team already so Rodman isn't needed.

Wade is averaging 8 boards in the playoffs (had 9 last night and many of them were in traffic in the paint as he's always been an excellent rebounder against bigger people). LeBron is also a great rebounder and had 10 rebounds last night.

Haslem is Top 6 for rebounding rate of all NBA power forwards. He's really good positionally and can box out really well - Notice that the Bulls only got 2 offensive rebounds last night during the 23 minutes that Haslem played.

And Mike Miller is a ridiculous rebounder and has a very high rebound rate for per minute played this year. Then of course Bosh can net you 10 boards per game. And any center you plug in there can get boards.

People who say Miami can't rebound are very dumb. Miami demolished the Lakers Bigs on the boards this year, did very well against top rebounding teams this year, outrebounded the Bulls 45-41 last night. Rebounding is all about effort, hustle, boxing out and proper spacing. Miami definitely has the guys for that... and the first 4 guys I mentioned are all excellent at tracking the ball to judge where the ball will land right as it arrives at the rim.

Miami was 3rd in the NBA for rebounding rate this year and were one of the best defensive rebounding teams in the league.

97 bulls
05-20-2011, 01:27 AM

You need a guy who can space the floor when you have 2 fantastic drive players like Wade and LeBron. And a guy who can nail his midrange shots (both Bosh and Haslem are great at shooting midrange shots).

Wade is averaging 8 boards in the playoffs (had 9 last night and many of them were in traffic in the paint as he's always been an excellent rebounder against bigger people). LeBron is also a great rebounder and had 10 rebounds last night.

Haslem is Top 6 for rebounding rate of all NBA power forwards. He's really good positionally and can box out really well - Notice that the Bulls only got 2 offensive rebounds last night during the 23 minutes that Haslem played.

And Mike Miller is a ridiculous rebounder and has a very high rebound rate for per minute played this year. Then of course Bosh can net you 10 boards per game. And any center you plug in there can get boards.

People who say Miami can't rebound are very dumb. Miami demolished the Lakers Bigs on the boards this year, did very well against top rebounding teams this year, outrebounded the Bulls 45-41 last night. Rebounding is all about effort, hustle, boxing out and proper spacing. Miami definitely has the guys for that... and the first 4 guys I mentioned are all excellent at tracking the ball to judge where the ball will land right as it arrives at the rim.

Miami was 3rd in the NBA for rebounding rate this year and were one of the best defensive rebounding teams in the league.
So who's the better player?

iamgine
05-20-2011, 01:33 AM
Say what? Rodman is the better payer. The guy dominated at 2 of the 3 main facets of basketball. Rebounding and defense.

Bosh is a very good scorer. I even think rodman is a better passer than bosh too. And bosh is blessed to have the luxery of playing in an era of terrible centers. Bosh in the 90s would be and offensive horace grant.
Nah Bosh is the better player.

lefthook00
05-20-2011, 01:35 AM
WTF? Rodman.

whoartthou
05-20-2011, 01:38 AM
bosh is the overall better player.

But rodman has the tangibles (positives and negatives... :lol )

az00m
05-20-2011, 01:52 AM

Did you know rodman spaced the floor perfectly fine in the triangle? He set great picks and him being in paint always meant he needed two bodies on him thus spacing the floor...

Rodman would be a much better fit with that team. What's the one thing bulls and heat have in common? They both had shitty centers. But, bulls manage to win with their starting power forward and center combining for less then 17 points a game...

Watch a couple of rodmans games from his prime time, and even his chicago games and you will know he was a great spacer.

talkingconch
05-20-2011, 02:02 AM
hahahahahah

Kobe24Clutch
05-20-2011, 02:11 AM
I'll say Rodman.

Heat007
05-20-2011, 02:12 AM
Did you know rodman spaced the floor perfectly fine in the triangle? He set great picks and him being in paint always meant he needed two bodies on him thus spacing the floor...

Rodman would be a much better fit with that team. What's the one thing bulls and heat have in common? They both had shitty centers. But, bulls manage to win with their starting power forward and center combining for less then 17 points a game...

Watch a couple of rodmans games from his prime time, and even his chicago games and you will know he was a great spacer.

Oh come on. You are talking about two entirely different things.

Bosh is a better floor spacer in the sense that he's a scorer. And he will attract defenders to follow him because Bosh must be accounted for by the defense.

The Heat are already a Top 3 defense, and a Top 3 rebounding team. If the Heat didn't have Bosh, then they wouldn't be the great offense they are... and we need him to be a more "balanced" team.

That's why Bosh fits our team much better.

What you are forgetting is Spoelstra's offense requires his PF's to have a great midrange game, who can really move and shoot well from midrange, for floor spacing. It's no coincidence that Bosh has a great midrange shot, and so does Haslem (and one of the many reasons he was resigned this past summer)

catch24
05-20-2011, 02:21 AM
Rodman would make Bosh his b*tch (if he isn't one already).

Maniak
05-20-2011, 02:33 AM
The cross-dressing weird haired one.

On second thought, I'll take Rodman.

imdaman99
05-20-2011, 02:50 AM
what kinda trollin ass thread is this? rodman easily.

ballerz
05-20-2011, 03:06 AM
Rodman

jdm_dc_fan
05-20-2011, 03:09 AM
obvious thread is obvious.

Reggie43
05-20-2011, 03:34 AM
Prime Rodman on the heat will stabilize them and take pressure off the shoulders of Lebron and Wade from playing too much defense and rebounding and let them concentrate more on scoring, playmaking thus resulting in better offense and obviously better defense. But as franchise players its a wash for me but I think Ill still take Rodman.

RedBlackAttack
05-20-2011, 03:42 AM
This thread is not worthy of discussion. It is Rodman by miles and miles and miles... And miles.

People are obsessed with scoring. Rodman is better in literally every other conceivable category... By miles.

King Lebron LBJ
05-20-2011, 03:46 AM
:facepalm

alenleomessi
05-20-2011, 03:50 AM
Bosh as a 1st option
Rodman as a 3rd option

markymark
05-20-2011, 06:02 AM
wtf is up with some of the replies??

some people are actually considering bosh over rodman?

markymark
05-20-2011, 06:03 AM
This thread is not worthy of discussion. It is Rodman by miles and miles and miles... And miles.

People are obsessed with scoring. Rodman is better in literally every other conceivable category... By miles.

For once, I agree with you. :cheers:

DMAVS41
05-20-2011, 06:05 AM
Rodman and its not close at all. Bosh is over-rated just being compared to Rodman.

step_back
05-20-2011, 06:14 AM
Rodman! Best rebounder of all time and one of THE most versatile defenders of all time.

blacknapalm
05-20-2011, 06:28 AM
rodman affected the game more regardless if he couldn't score with regularity. he was just a tough cover for the offensive player and his strengths were beyond strong. of course, this depends on the team. you're not gonna want to rely on rodman as your #1 option. that would be disastrous, but as a #3? all day. you wouldn't even have to sub him out because of his superior rebounding, energy and defense.

when bosh isn't scoring, he gets taken out of the game. i admit he at least tries on defense but he's not there yet. he's still below average.

DMAVS41
05-20-2011, 06:34 AM
rodman affected the game more regardless if he couldn't score with regularity. he was just a tough cover for the offensive player and his strengths were beyond strong. of course, this depends on the team. you're not gonna want to rely on rodman as your #1 option. that would be disastrous, but as a #3? all day. you wouldn't even have to sub him out because of his superior rebounding, energy and defense.

when bosh isn't scoring, he gets taken out of the game. i admit he at least tries on defense but he's not there yet. he's still below average.

I often watch entire Heat games in which I forget Bosh even plays for them.

blacknapalm
05-20-2011, 06:53 AM
I often watch entire Heat games in which I forget Bosh even plays for them.

yep. well, fans tend to only remember offensive players. how often do you see fanboys for defensive players? :oldlol: given the contracts, it's way easier to build around defensive players as well.

DMAVS41
05-20-2011, 07:01 AM
yep. well, fans tend to only remember offensive players. how often do you see fanboys for defensive players? :oldlol: given the contracts, it's way easier to build around defensive players as well.

yea, but i factor in defense a lot to how i watch the game. bosh is invisible a lot.

like you said, its all about role.

as a third option its not even a question.

considering bosh could never be the first option and probably not the 2nd option on a title team....that makes rodman much more valuable.

Harison
05-20-2011, 07:05 AM
For most teams - Rodman. The only way I'm taking Bosh if I need primary scorer for crap team like Toronto, or if team already have someone like Dwight. For any decent team defensive anchor like Rodman is more valuable than Bosh.

Sterlingsucks
05-20-2011, 07:09 AM
Rodman and its not close

JellyBean
05-20-2011, 07:10 AM
I would glady have Rodam. But Chris Bosh is the better player.

DMAVS41
05-20-2011, 07:14 AM
I would glady have Rodam. But Chris Bosh is the better player.

At what?

Putting up empty numbers on average teams? The problem with players like Bosh and Jamison...etc.

They can't be number 1 options on good teams. They probably can't be number 2 options on title teams.

So where is their value? They aren't good unless they are getting touches and shots....but they aren't good enough to get those touches on great teams.

Players like that are really hard to judge. Which is why I'll take Rodman. Perfect 3rd option.

jbryan1984
05-20-2011, 08:20 AM
Rodman might be the best defensive player to ever play the game. Bosh can hit a 17 footer. Really no comparing. Rodman by a long shot.

Dragonyeuw
05-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Is this a serious question? Rodman every day and twice on Sunday...hell this Heat team would be better if you had Rodman with the defense, rebounding, and intangibles he brought to the table.

Rake2204
05-20-2011, 08:40 AM
I'd select Dennis Rodman as well. My question to you guys is, at which point would you consider Rodman to have been in his prime? It seems a lot of the associations to Dennis here are through the Bulls' second 3-peat run. I'd venture to say he was at his best in the early 90's. At that point, we'd be talking back-to-back NBA Defensive Player of the Year awards ('90 and '91) as well as averaging 10 and 19 (points and rebounds) in '92. Right around that time, Dennis arguably became the focal point of those Piston teams (Isiah and Bill were on the downturn of their careers, though Joe Dumars was still definitely the man). Dennis was prettyyyyy, prettyyyyy, pretty good for a while.

OhNoTimNoSho
05-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Didn't Rodman average 15 rebounds one season?

necya
05-20-2011, 09:07 AM

:roll:

Shepseskaf
05-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Nah Bosh is the better player.
Bosh is a better offensive player, not a better player overall. Rodman came to play each and every night, and never made a habit of disappearing like Bosh.

Consistency of play is a major component in rating a player. Having skill is one thing, but bringing it every night is a more important consideration.

Dragonyeuw
05-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Didn't Rodman average 15 rebounds one season?

With the Bulls. Rodman in the early 90's was getting 18 a game.

az00m
05-20-2011, 09:47 AM
I'd select Dennis Rodman as well. My question to you guys is, at which point would you consider Rodman to have been in his prime? It seems a lot of the associations to Dennis here are through the Bulls' second 3-peat run. I'd venture to say he was at his best in the early 90's. At that point, we'd be talking back-to-back NBA Defensive Player of the Year awards ('90 and '91) as well as averaged 10 and 19 (points and rebounds) in '92. Right around that time, Dennis arguably became the focal point of those Piston teams (Isiah and Bill were on the downturn of their careers, though Joe Dumars was still definitely the man). Dennis was prettyyyyy, prettyyyyy, pretty good for a while.

Meh his prime was 91-98.

He played such a high iq game with the bulls... they shot less shots with a much slower pace which is why he rebounded a little less.

schism206
05-20-2011, 09:50 AM
i don't see how anyone in their right mind would take bosh over rodman.

az00m
05-20-2011, 09:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4ZlHwMstDc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCNK0Nntvl8&feature=related

rodman vs mj haha

IamSofaKing
05-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Rodman would shut down Bosh

game385
05-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Just b/c Bosh is the better scorer doesn't necessarily make him the better player. Rodman is the best rebounder in NBA history and in his prime, defensively light years ahead of Bosh. We're talking about a guy who gave prime Shaq and prime Karl Malone problems. He'd completely take Bosh out a game.

I'm taking Rodman all day.

PowerGlove
05-20-2011, 01:23 PM
I'll take Bosh every single day. WTF do I look like picking up a basketcase and not having a phil jackson to control him? Please.

PowerGlove
05-20-2011, 01:26 PM

Bosh in the 90's would have been Bosh. A top 15 player in the league today would turn into a horace grant if he played in the 90's? Please.

Eat Like A Bosh
05-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Let's be real. Rodman. He brings so much more than just scoring.
What's so awesome about Bosh? He can't play D.
He was putting up great numbers on a crappy Toronto team.

WesWelkerACL
05-20-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm just going to assume the people saying Bosh are 16 and younger.

97 bulls
05-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Bosh in the 90's would have been Bosh. A top 15 player in the league today would turn into a horace grant if he played in the 90's? Please.
I think the better competition at center would expose him. Don't get me wrong. He's very good. But in a relative sense. He would not be as good playing against better bigs.

Nash
05-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Offensively: Bosh is a much better player offensively, Rodman is an extremely mediocre offensive player.

Defensively: Rodman is an amazing defensive players and Bosh is a good defensive player.

I'll take Bosh, he's A MUCH better player offensively and he's also a good defender. Rodman is amazing defensively but he doesn't offer you anything at all offensively and therefor I take Bosh who can do both things, basketball is a two way game.

trig
05-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Rodman will make Bosh cry on the court. No need to cry in the locker room

swi7ch
05-20-2011, 02:49 PM
prime Rodman would give MIA 15+ rebounds and tough interior defense. Something Bosh will never be able to do.

Scoring you say? MIA has that coverered with LBJ and Wade.

10x91= 5 Rings
05-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Offensively: Bosh is a much better player offensively, Rodman is an extremely mediocre offensive player.

Defensively: Rodman is an amazing defensive players and Bosh is a good defensive player.

I'll take Bosh, he's A MUCH better player offensively and he's also a good defender. Rodman is amazing defensively but he doesn't offer you anything at all offensively and therefor I take Bosh who can do both things, basketball is a two way game.

Here is just a little taste of Rodman offensively taking over and you a incorrect.Basketball is NOT a two way game.It is so much more,but mediocre mindset will leave you thinking that.Ever heard of intangibles.Rodman could change games without scoring,change the momentum of the game and flat out take out the best player.Why do you think he was/is a legend. The so-called stars of the opposing teams hated to play him. He was arguably the best rebounder of the last 30 years,most versatile defensive player,who would make bigger and stronger players cry and wouldn`t back down from anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20ByBuATTyg

Now just think what he would do to soft Bosh...hahaha

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i366/sportlistikz/1frankbtp1.jpg

KelticForce1349
05-20-2011, 02:57 PM

You nailed it man. :cheers:

Miserio
05-20-2011, 03:03 PM

Bull ****in shit
Rodman with this Heat team would make them a championship team. Imagine the frontline with Anthony and Rodman... it would be the best defensive front line in the nba BY FAR.

hawksdogsbraves
05-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Bull ****in shit
Rodman with this Heat team would make them a championship team. Imagine the frontline with Anthony and Rodman... it would be the best defensive front line in the nba BY FAR.

I totally agree, Rodman would be the perfect player for this Heat team.

The only area that Bosh beats Rodman in is scoring, which the Heat don't necessarily need. Rodman would provide toughness and rebounding in the front line, the thing that the Heat need the most.

Do you think the Bulls would kill the Heat on the offensive glass if Rodman was down there going toe to toe with Noah and Boozer? Because I don't.

Lebron23
05-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Give me Dennis Rodman over Chris Bosh. Rodman is one of the greatest rebounders and defenders in NBA History.

DetroitPiston
05-20-2011, 04:07 PM
When I see prime Rodman, I think of his stint with the Pistons, not the Bulls.

Now, this thread's premise is insanity. What's more, the people who'd argue that they take Bosh need to have their heads examined. Chris ****ing Bosh over Dennis Rodman? I mean, really? The RuPaul of big men against Rodman? I'd watch that game just to watch Rodman go nuts on the boards.

Only thing Bosh has is scoring. That's it. Just scoring. Which is nice on a crap team like Toronto, but not so much when there's two other guys who can do the same.

Rodman could guard anybody when asked. PGs, SGs, SFs, PFs, and Cs, and he'd do a great job as well. He'd outrebound everybody, and he'd dive for a loose ball. This picture below, sums up Rodman's playing style. Could anyone seeing Bosh do that? Anyone? No. Bosh would be too worried about getting his hair out of place or breaking a fingernail.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-09AkoNxySXY/TZughFb_d9I/AAAAAAAAA74/Cxd9Shi3UHk/s1600/rodman_dive_600.jpg

G.O.A.T.
05-20-2011, 04:16 PM

I hope the Heat lose so you specifically shut up for good.

Snicklefritz
05-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Doesn't Haslem kind of cover the "Rodman" on the team? Not anywhere NEAR the same level, but a killer defensive player who busts ass on the boards and "protects" his team? Once again, I'm not saying Haslem is anywhere near as good as Rodman, but for this day and age, he does a good job and fills the same kind of niche that Rodman did on the Bulls.

Or I might be waaaaay off, I saw Rodman Bulls when I was like 15 and that was a long ass time ago :roll:

swi7ch
05-20-2011, 05:13 PM
Even in drag, Rodman still looks tougher than Bosh! :roll:

schism206
05-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Here is just a little taste of Rodman offensively taking over and you a incorrect.Basketball is NOT a two way game.It is so much more,but mediocre mindset will leave you thinking that.Ever heard of intangibles.Rodman could change games without scoring,change the momentum of the game and flat out take out the best player.Why do you think he was/is a legend. The so-called stars of the opposing teams hated to play him. He was arguably the best rebounder of the last 30 years,most versatile defensive player,who would make bigger and stronger players cry and wouldn`t back down from anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20ByBuATTyg

Now just think what he would do to soft Bosh...hahaha

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i366/sportlistikz/1frankbtp1.jpg
:applause: video tells it all. not to mention he could basically guard all 5 positions. his defense, rebounding, determination/effort, and high bball IQ > bosh's offense, which i think is the only thing bosh has on him.

HisAirness3
05-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Doesn't Haslem kind of cover the "Rodman" on the team? Not anywhere NEAR the same level, but a killer defensive player who busts ass on the boards and "protects" his team? Once again, I'm not saying Haslem is anywhere near as good as Rodman, but for this day and age, he does a good job and fills the same kind of niche that Rodman did on the Bulls.

Or I might be waaaaay off, I saw Rodman Bulls when I was like 15 and that was a long ass time ago :roll:
:facepalm

lucky001
05-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Rodman for sure. If you're worried about spacing, you can play a jumpshooting big instead of anthony. Ala laimbeer or wennington. Meaning if the heat had rodman instead of bosh, they'd try to look for stretch options when building the team.

The only weakness I see is that when the heat go small with bosh at the 5 and bron at the 4. Rodman just is a little too undersized to play center.

97 bulls
05-21-2011, 01:08 AM
I don't think there's been a more lop-sided comparison. Rodman was a flatout beast

Micku
05-21-2011, 01:57 AM
I would take Bosh if I'm starting a franchise.

I would take Rodman over Bosh when picking the supportive cast.

And I think Rodman was the better player because of rebounds and the defense he brings. Lots of teams would love to have him (without him doing crazy stuff).

97 bulls
05-21-2011, 02:29 AM

And I think Rodman was the better player because of rebounds and the defense he brings. Lots of teams would love to have him (without him doing crazy stuff).
I never understood this concept. You could just as easily put a few scorers around rodman and he be the best player on the team as you could bosh. And rodmans teams could easily amass 50 wins and a first round exit like boshes.

DMAVS41
05-21-2011, 02:33 AM

To do what with your franchise? Bosh isn't good enough to be the best player on anything more than a first round exit. Bosh doesn't sell tickets.

At least with Rodman you would sell tickets.

Bosh is the hardest type of player to rate. He's not good enough to be your best player if you want to do anything. He's not good enough to be the 2nd option on a title team. If he is a third option, he loses a lot of his impact because he needs the ball to be good. But if he gets a lot of touches, your team can't win. So you are stuck in "limbo" with Bosh. He doesn't do any of the things you want a third guy to do. He's not tough. He's not a great rebounder and he's a actually a poor defender.

He's very similar to Jamison. Bosh is better, but they are both similar. Somewhat empty stats and weak defense and no toughness.

Give me a guy like Rodman all day over guys like Bosh and Jamison.

oh the horror
05-21-2011, 02:53 AM
All we need to know is this:

Dennis Rodman is a hall of famer for a reason.

Chris Bosh, will be thrown into the catagory of those run of the mill players along the years, that were above average, but still pretty mediocre. They had good numbers, but it honestly meant d*ck.

Dude will literally ride Lebron and Wade to some rings. So lucky him.

whoartthou
05-21-2011, 04:08 AM
To do what with your franchise? Bosh isn't good enough to be the best player on anything more than a first round exit. Bosh doesn't sell tickets.

Bosh is the hardest type of player to rate. He's not good enough to be your best player if you want to do anything. He's not good enough to be the 2nd option on a title team. If he is a third option, he loses a lot of his impact because he needs the ball to be good. But if he gets a lot of touches, your team can't win. So you are stuck in "limbo" with Bosh. He doesn't do any of the things you want a third guy to do. He's not tough. He's not a great rebounder and he's a actually a poor defender.

He's very similar to Jamison. Bosh is better, but they are both similar. Somewhat empty stats and weak defense and no toughness.

i love how a lot of people are referencing inception. Great movie!
:applause:

Micku
05-21-2011, 04:21 AM

I always thought that Bosh is good enough to be that, depending on the team around him. I think it's easier to build a team around Bosh than it is around Rodman because of Bosh scoring aspects. I'll pick Bosh over Rodman if I had to pick which player I want to start a franchise with because of his offensive execution. Other than that, I'll pick Rodman all the way.

When Bosh came to Miami, he became third option, to no one surprise. It took him a while to adjust, but he still average 18 ppg and 8.3 rpg. He already proven he could be a 24 ppg guy. If Spo would call plays for him better, he could play better.

Don't get me wrong or anything, I think Rodman impact on the game is better, but I would still go with Bosh when building team over Rodman. Depends on what team it's going to be.

DMAVS41
05-21-2011, 04:25 AM
I always thought that Bosh is good enough to be that, depending on the team around him. I think it's easier to build a team around Bosh than it is around Rodman because of Bosh scoring aspects. I'll pick Bosh over Rodman if I had to pick which player I want to start a franchise with because of his offensive execution. Other than that, I'll pick Rodman all the way.

When Bosh came to Miami, he became third option, to no one surprise. It took him a while to adjust, but he still average 18 ppg and 8.3 rpg. He already proven he could be a 24 ppg guy. If Spo would call plays for him better, he could play better.

Don't get me wrong or anything, I think Rodman impact on the game is better, but I would still go with Bosh when building team over Rodman. Depends on what team it's going to be.

It depends on what the goal is and what kind of players you can get around them.

If its a terrible team...then Bosh would be better. But if its a good team....Rodman would be better.

Of course Bosh would be better at filling the number 1 option on a bad team. But so would Kevin Martin. Not sure what that actually gets you.

vinsane01
05-21-2011, 05:09 AM
No matter what kind of team i have, i'll take rodman. Rodman basically will get you more possessions, will significantly reduce the second chance pts of opponents, very active defensively and is highly consistent in rebounding especially in his prime. Both are complementary players but bosh is inconsistent and although has a versatile game is not really sure of what he wants to be thus not excelling as a post or perimeter player. With rodman you'll know what to expect and where you want to put him. I dont even know why im explaining all this. Rodman is considered one of the most tenacious rebounders and defenders of all time, that's it. End of story. Rodman all day, any day.

Laimbeer_Rodman
05-22-2011, 05:23 AM
I say goddamn