PDA

View Full Version : Kobe post game Meltdown.......

Pages : [1] 2

asdf1990
05-08-2011, 07:12 PM
did he quit on his team?

jb220
05-08-2011, 07:16 PM
i cant believe he didnt shoot a 30 pointer to tie the game..

SavageMode
05-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Koquit Cryant quit

DeronMillsap
05-08-2011, 07:18 PM
No, Kobe didn't quit. He bend over like a prison b-tch and took it up the ass like he usually does every time he's about to get eliminated.

whoartthou
05-08-2011, 07:19 PM
kobe quit. Plain and simple.

Reminded me of 08 against the celtics

HB40TheNextStar
05-08-2011, 07:34 PM
http://stupidguesttricks.com/images/smilies/custom/banana.gifhttp://stupidguesttricks.com/images/smilies/dancing.gifhttp://stupidguesttricks.com/images/smilies/broc.gif http://stupidguesttricks.com/images/smilies/10693.gif http://stupidguesttricks.com/images/smilies/chili.gif http://stupidguesttricks.com/images/smilies/cucumber.gif http://stupidguesttricks.com/images/smilies/strawberry.gifhttp://stupidguesttricks.com/images/smilies/piano.gif http://stupidguesttricks.com/images/smilies/hitl.gif

Allstar24
05-08-2011, 07:36 PM
No, Kobe didn't quit. He bend over like a prison b-tch and took it up the ass like he usually does every time he's about to get eliminated.
All these losers have been waiting THREE long years to talk. Haha. They deserve to have their day.

SavageMode
05-08-2011, 07:37 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20110507-broom.jpg.ece/ALTERNATES/w440/broom.jpg

asdf1990
05-08-2011, 07:38 PM
kobe never quits tho, he is the black mamba he never quits, the goat closer. lolz/

LAClipsFan33
05-08-2011, 07:39 PM
If Lebron would have went out like this the board would be a carnival of trolls

whoartthou
05-08-2011, 07:40 PM
This is the greatest day in basketball history. The kobe stans can't talk shit anymore! KOBE A TOP 5 PLAYER?

KIDS BARELY MAKING THE TOP 10!

(e)
05-08-2011, 07:41 PM
The game was over at half time, lets be real.

Allstar24
05-08-2011, 07:41 PM
And what is happening now? Look at yourselves.

Notorious D.M.C
05-08-2011, 07:42 PM
dumb@ss thread

whoartthou
05-08-2011, 07:42 PM

greatest day ever imho. The almighty kobe bryant and his fans are being exposed

NBASTATMAN
05-08-2011, 07:43 PM
did he quit on his team?

HE MADE ONE SHOT AFTER THE FIRST QUARTER.. He quit once again.. :eek:

He and bron are both quitters.. :lol

Mr. Incredible
05-08-2011, 07:43 PM
bye bye hulk :applause:

blaze_itt
05-08-2011, 07:44 PM
eh. I feel like the Lakers as a whole were exposed. not an individual player.. why does it make you so happy for the downfall of another man? Do you hate kobe or do you hate him because of troll fans?

SkyR#1fanCapCou
05-08-2011, 07:58 PM
This is the greatest day in basketball history. The kobe stans can't talk shit anymore! KOBE A TOP 5 PLAYER?

He's solidly in the top 10.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-08-2011, 08:04 PM

you've been talking sh!t for 2 years and your team hasn't won sh!t. nice logic you have.

the_wise_one
05-08-2011, 08:04 PM
He be quit

SavageMode
05-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Koquit.

NoGunzJustSkillz
your life sucks then imho.

Kiarip

exposed as what? fans of a player who's way out of his prime whose fanbase just hangs onto the unrealistic hope that he can still turn it on in the playoffs?

edit: Were all the Jordan fans also exposed when he couldn't get the wizards into the playoffs?

DMAVS41
05-08-2011, 08:09 PM
any kobe fan claiming lebron quit in game 5 last year needs to now STFU or admit that kobe quit today.

can't have it both ways.

DMAVS41
05-08-2011, 08:09 PM
exposed as what? fans of a player who's way out of his prime whose fanbase just hangs onto the unrealistic hope that he can still turn it on in the playoffs?

edit: Were all the Jordan fans also exposed when he couldn't get the wizards into the playoffs?

Hahahahahaha.

Great comparison.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

bond10
05-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Lebron loses, he's a quitter.
Kobe losses, his team didn't show up.

LMAO.

RazorBaLade
05-08-2011, 08:10 PM
uhh i know for a fact he had at least 1 fg, why lie

SavageMode
05-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Lebron loses, he's a quitter.
Kobe losses, his team didn't show up.

LMAO.
:roll: :roll:

taucesays
05-08-2011, 08:12 PM
The team quit on the team

blaze_itt
05-08-2011, 08:13 PM
any kobe fan claiming lebron quit in game 5 last year needs to now STFU or admit that kobe quit today.

can't have it both ways.
Let's keep it real here. Not all Lakers fans say Lebron quit. I don't believe that at all and I never talk shit on any other players. Let us not call these people Lakers fans but "trolls." I'm a big fan of basketball and I don't hate on any NBA player. So my favorite player is Kobe. I don't think he is in the best in the league nor do I think he is better or equal to Jordan. He does have incredible accomplishments though.

nnn123
05-08-2011, 08:14 PM
[/B]

Hahahahahaha.

Great comparison.

Didn't you know...Kobe has so much mileage in his legs, omgz he's like a 40 yr old

Kiarip
05-08-2011, 08:16 PM
[/B]

Hahahahahaha.

Great comparison.

it is a good comparison. I'm still a Kobe fan to some extent, but he's way too old.

I mean if Jordan came back again (lol) people wouldn't boo him if he missed the lay up.

I think all these haters that hate on Kobe's fans (not all of them some kobe fans are absolutely retarded,) need to realize that it's not like that anymore, only absolute morons claim that kobe is anywhere near what he used to be... But that doesn't mean that people just stop being Kobe fans, just like there's still Jordan fans, and he's retired.

Most Kobe fans aren't dumb, I think it's widely understood that we're just sad that his career as it will be remembered is over =(. Go Mavs though!! Dirk needs a ring!

Didn't you know...Kobe has so much mileage in his legs, omgz he's like a 40 yr old

Who cares about the mileage? everyone is born with his own expiration date man, you're obviously missing the point. Pretty ****ing bad right in comparison to how good he used to be. Haters are creeping out of the woodwork to throw shit the fans saying see? he was never any good in the first place? really? the dude was amazing, it's sad to see the career of such a legendary athlete end. He's not much if at all better than Jordan was when he came back to play for the Wizards. He maybe a little bit quicker still but not as healthy, so it's close.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Let's keep it real here. Not all Lakers fans say Lebron quit. I don't believe that at all and I never talk shit on any other players. Let us not call these people Lakers fans but "trolls." I'm a big fan of basketball and I don't hate on any NBA player. So my favorite player is Kobe. I don't think he is in the best in the league nor do I think he is better or equal to Jordan. He does have incredible accomplishments though.
this. people are just being petty when they say, "oh well he said this and dissed him and blah blah blah." i mean really why are u so fcking concerned with what a bunch of trolls said?

Calabis
05-08-2011, 08:19 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/04/19/alg_mark_jackson.jpg

Kobe "The Black Mamba" Bryant, will no longer go down as the greatest player to ever live............ :cry:

DuMa
05-08-2011, 08:20 PM
he quit like game 7 2nd half 2006 first round with the suns

DMAVS41
05-08-2011, 08:21 PM
he quit like game 7 2nd half 2006 first round with the suns

and in game 6 of the 08 finals. don't forget that one as well.

blaze_itt
05-08-2011, 08:21 PM
He's obviously lost a step and isn't the same player from past years. Does that take away what he has accomplished?

LAClipsFan33
05-08-2011, 08:24 PM

Legit posters trolling the arrogant Laker fans is different than a carnival of trolls

SavageMode
Koquit Quit tonight. Accept it.

24r2
where are ashbelly/lebron23/purplechuck when they need to be trollin??

Batz
05-08-2011, 08:26 PM
where are ashbelly/lebron23/purplechuck when they need to be trollin??
Banned and Lebron23 is in innocent troll mode.

bond10
05-08-2011, 08:27 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/33kr5nm.png

magnax1
05-08-2011, 08:28 PM
No, he just didn't get any looks. He can't just shoot anytime he wants to like he used to be able too. People need to stop acting like this is some sort of blemish on his career. That's like saying old Kareem getting destroyed by Moses shows how over rated Kareem is.

DeronMillsap
05-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Banned and Lebron23 is in innocent troll mode.
:(

Damn!!! Ash and Chuck would have a field day.

OriginalNameGuy
05-08-2011, 08:36 PM
A sad day for Mark Jackson and Kobetards everywhere

A party for everyone else

Shih508
05-08-2011, 08:37 PM

not even top 20 in my book when u count how much of his team success was cuz of David riggy Stern

nnn123
05-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Who cares about the mileage? everyone is born with his own expiration date man, you're obviously missing the point. Pretty ****ing bad right in comparison to how good he used to be. Haters are creeping out of the woodwork to throw shit the fans saying see? he was never any good in the first place? really? the dude was amazing, it's sad to see the career of such a legendary athlete end. He's not much if at all better than Jordan was when he came back to play for the Wizards. He maybe a little bit quicker still but not as healthy, so it's close.

Man Laker fans have been trolling the board for 3 years...let em have a day of fun. People here are jokin around, it'll die down after one day

LAClipsFan33
05-08-2011, 08:40 PM
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6960/jordanpippenlaugh.jpg

Da_Realist
05-08-2011, 08:48 PM

If he was on a team expected to win the title then was swept by a team most projected the Wizards to beat in 5 games while he was missing in action in the most crucial minutes? Then, yes.

If he couldn't muster more than 23 points on 46 fg% and he averaged as many turnovers as assists and rebounds when guarded by Jason Kidd? Then, yes.

If he made absolutely no real impact on the series and allowed his team to quit and eventually embarrass the organization by losing their composure in a game they would eventually lose by 36 points? Then, yes.

If losing meekly by 30+ points became a pattern for his team? Then, YES.

No_Look604
05-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Kobe's an old man now...too much mileage on dem legs, especially after all these long seasons going to the finals + olympics. no time to heal his nagging injuries.

Lebron got rizaped in his prime. Kobe in 06 on this team would carry them all day long.

You haters are straight up fakkits. The man contributed so much to the NBA.

Come holler at us when Lebron gets old. It will be much more emabarrassing and will come much sooner than you think.

OldSchoolBBall
05-08-2011, 09:39 PM
If he was on a team expected to win the title then was swept by a team most projected the Wizards to beat in 5 games while he was missing in action in the most crucial minutes? Then, yes.

If he couldn't muster more than 23 points on 46 fg% and he averaged as many turnovers as assists and rebounds when guarded by Jason Kidd? Then, yes.

If he made absolutely no real impact on the series and allowed his team to quit and eventually embarrass the organization by losing their composure in a game they would eventually lose by 36 points? Then, yes.

+1

DMAVS41
05-08-2011, 09:44 PM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

NBASTATMAN
05-08-2011, 09:48 PM
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6960/jordanpippenlaugh.jpg

Kobe ain't better than Pippen.. Shit is funny.. Even MJ :roll:

Nevaeh
05-08-2011, 09:49 PM

And these clowns had the nerve and balls to call this n!gga GOD man. And actually mean that shit :oldlol: Speaking of which, where's" Michael Jackson" Boy at :lol

NBASTATMAN
05-08-2011, 09:50 PM

:applause: The darn mascot outrebounded kobe..

Noob Saibot
05-08-2011, 10:29 PM

well damn, i think u just shut down this thread.

10x91= 5 Rings
05-08-2011, 10:46 PM

:applause:

Knoe Itawl
05-08-2011, 10:55 PM

:cheers:

jdem
05-09-2011, 01:01 AM
Kobe has lost it. It's over. Trade him, rebuild around Bynum.

SavageMode
05-09-2011, 01:02 AM
And these clowns had the nerve and balls to call this n!gga GOD man. And actually mean that shit :oldlol: Speaking of which, where's" Michael Jackson" Boy at :lol
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20110507-broom.jpg.ece/ALTERNATES/w440/broom.jpg

asdf1990
05-09-2011, 09:38 AM
so turns out kobe did make history, only team under phil to get swept.

necya
05-09-2011, 10:16 AM
so turns out kobe did make history, only team under phil to get swept.

lol

but the Lakers outscored Mavs bench 62-61 after 3 QT :oldlol:

damn, at the end of the game, Mavs bench scored the same amount of points than the entire Lakers team : 86

Calabis
05-09-2011, 10:16 AM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk197/calabis/jordanmagic.jpg

Askmeificare
05-09-2011, 10:18 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/nakedmoose/LaGoneFishin.jpg

brownmamba00
05-09-2011, 11:08 AM
^
:oldlol:

Calabis
05-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Oh crap this just in, "Kobe said they still have a chance to win the series":lol

Ne 1
05-09-2011, 11:14 AM
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3351/kobemad.png

Kiddlovesnets
05-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Actually 1 FG since the end of first quarter...

Nevaeh
05-09-2011, 03:58 PM
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3351/kobemad.png

No 3-Peat son, YOU MAD :oldlol:

Brunch@Five
05-09-2011, 04:06 PM
I don't think he quit. The Lakers offense was basically irrelevant to the outcome of the game. They lost the game on defense. Yes, Kobe could and should have done more scoring, but even if he had scored 30, the Mavs would still have won by double-digits. On offense it came down to the Lakers not being able to make the Mavs pay for their double-teams on Kobe.

On a side-note, it seems weird that All-D first teamer Kobe could not stop Terry from hitting 9 threes :oldlol:

Rysio
05-09-2011, 04:09 PM
yeah because if kobe would've made few more shots that would stop terry and peja. :rolleyes:

Big#50
05-09-2011, 04:21 PM
I don't think he quit. The Lakers offense was basically irrelevant to the outcome of the game. They lost the game on defense. Yes, Kobe could and should have done more scoring, but even if he had scored 30, the Mavs would still have won by double-digits. On offense it came down to the Lakers not being able to make the Mavs pay for their double-teams on Kobe.

On a side-note, it seems weird that All-D first teamer Kobe could not stop Terry from hitting 9 threes :oldlol:
He was just standing around. When the going gets tough, Kobe gets going home. Top ten player. Bwahahahahahah

Heilige
05-09-2011, 04:24 PM

Why didn't Kobe give maximum effort even if it would have resulted in a loss?

BEAST Griffin
05-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Kobe Bryant quits when things aren't going well.

Nothing new.

Brunch@Five
05-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Why didn't Kobe give maximum effort even if it would have resulted in a loss?

Kobe tried to be a playmaker, which he isn't very good at IMO. On defense he simply isn't good enough any more to set the tone.
It wrong to use shot attempts or offensive production as an indicator when him scoring more would not have solved any of the Lakers problems

OldSchoolBBall
05-09-2011, 05:17 PM

Same EXACT excuse Kobe fans made during Kobe's epic disappearing act in Phoenix game 7 in 2006. Hysterical how they continually excuse this guy going out like a b*tch. :oldlol:

Guess what: Kobe was 1-10 FG for 4 points after the first quarter. Score was 27-23 after the first quarter, which is entirely a winnable game. He was INVISIBLE, as he has been in many huge playoff losses in elimination games. He could have stepped up and guarded Terry after it was clear he was on fire. He could have tried to penetrate and get Dallas in foul trouble. He could have tried to do, oh, ANYTHING. But he didn't. He went out like a b*tch, with his tail between his legs, because this is what history has shown us that Kobe Bryant does.

"Most competitive fire/greatest will to win ever" my ass. :oldlol: No other player in history gets more excuses made for their poor play than Kobe Bryant. Name one other legend who not only would have played this poorly and become INVISIBLE for 3/4 of an elimination game, but who would have a LONG HISTORY of doing so in said games.

Brunch@Five
05-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Same EXACT excuse Kobe fans made during Kobe's epic disappearing act in Phoenix game 7 in 2006. Hysterical how they continually excuse this guy going out like a b*tch. :oldlol:

Guess what: Kobe was 1-10 FG for 4 points after the first quarter. Score was 27-23 after the first quarter, which is entirely a winnable game. He was INVISIBLE, as he has been in many huge playoff losses in elimination games. He could have stepped up and guarded Terry after it was clear he was on fire. He could have tried to penetrate and get Dallas in foul trouble. He could have tried to do, oh, ANYTHING. But he didn't. He went out like a b*tch, with his tail between his legs, because this is what history has shown us that Kobe Bryant does.

Excuse? What part exactly? That they lost the game defense, not on offense? If you've seen the game you cannot come to another conclusion.
As for him being invisible, this is far from the truth, at least until midway through the third quarter. No one on the Lakers was hitting shots,
Gasol was being shut down by *irk Nowitzki of all people.
Kobe was seeing hard double teams, the Mavs defense was collapsing on him on penetrations, but the Lakers didn't make the Mavs pay.
He got to the paint basically at will just to meet at least 3 Mavs defenders and kicked the ball out, which is the right play.
Kobe might not have been agressive enough as a star player, but he made the right plays basketball-wise.
After Fisher missed back-to-back open shots, Artest was rejected by the rim, Terry and Peja hit some more threes, everyone in the arena, including Kobe Bryant, knew that the game was over. The whole Lakers team quit. Kobe is to blame for this as the leader, but them quitting was a result of inability on defense, offense, and the Mavs setting a 3point record.

What this game has shown without a doubt though that Kobe has no place on the AllD team. That's a discrace and slap to the face for every hard-working perimeter defender. I know is probably the best pick and roll big man to ever play the game, but the Lakers perimeter players were beaten time after time. If Kobe really had AllD-Team capacities, he should've stepped up. my guess though is that he really couldn't do more.

So what are we left at?
1) Yes, the Lakers, including Kobe, probably quit midway through the 3rd quarter. Which is understandable seeing how the series and especially game 4 unfolded.
2) Kobe was on fire early, Mavs reacted with hard double-teams, but the Lakers could not make them pay. This is to blame on Kobe's teammates.
3) The Lakers perimeter and p/r defense was atrocios; this is partly on Kobe. He should at least have tried to set the tone.
4) Kobe was by no means invisible until the game was well out of reach. Anything more would have been Kobe-ball, which would have helped absolutely no one other than Kobes stats.

DMAVS41
05-09-2011, 07:52 PM

"Most competitive fire/greatest will to win ever" my ass. :oldlol: No other player in history gets more excuses made for their poor play than Kobe Bryant. Name one other legend who not only would have played this poorly and become INVISIBLE for 3/4 of an elimination game, but who would have a LONG HISTORY of doing so in said games.

This.

I'll keep saying it. He's a great front runner. But if the going gets tough...Kobe and his teams lay down.

LOL at the excuses.....a huge reason the game was a blowout was because Kobe had 0 impact on the game after the 1st qtr.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-09-2011, 07:54 PM
holly molly, you dudes are still going at it? :lol

sbw19
05-09-2011, 08:18 PM
LOL at the excuses.....a huge reason the game was a blowout was because Kobe had 0 impact on the game after the 1st qtr.

That's only because he was the only player stepping up offensively up to that point, that is if you truly believe the Lakers lost the game on the offensive end.

The Lakers allowed 95 points after the first quarter. Credit the Mavs shooters for many of those, but non-existent team D was the reason the Lakers were blown out.. Kobe's overall impact had little to do with that.

alfonsito123
05-09-2011, 08:24 PM
I don't know what happened to Kobe. He usually scores 30+ points in the playoffs but now he is just lame simple. just like any other player. in game 3 and 4 he just scored 17 points apiece. Correct me if I am wrong, did Kobe just lost his mojo?

indiefan24
05-09-2011, 08:27 PM
This.

I'll keep saying it. He's a great front runner. But if the going gets tough...Kobe and his teams lay down.

LOL OWNED
LOL OWNED
LOL OWNED
LOL OWNED
LOL OWNED

whoartthou
05-09-2011, 08:27 PM
I don't know what happened to Kobe. He usually scores 30+ points in the playoffs but now he is just lame simple. just like any other player. in game 3 and 4 he just scored 17 points apiece. Correct me if I am wrong, did Kobe just lost his mojo?

what is this bullshit? Kobe usually scores 30 + in the playoffs? :roll: :roll: :roll:

I guess 30 on 25 shots is great ...

Heilige
05-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Excuse? What part exactly? That they lost the game defense, not on offense? If you've seen the game you cannot come to another conclusion.
As for him being invisible, this is far from the truth, at least until midway through the third quarter. No one on the Lakers was hitting shots,
Gasol was being shut down by *irk Nowitzki of all people.
Kobe was seeing hard double teams, the Mavs defense was collapsing on him on penetrations, but the Lakers didn't make the Mavs pay.
He got to the paint basically at will just to meet at least 3 Mavs defenders and kicked the ball out, which is the right play.
Kobe might not have been agressive enough as a star player, but he made the right plays basketball-wise.
After Fisher missed back-to-back open shots, Artest was rejected by the rim, Terry and Peja hit some more threes, everyone in the arena, including Kobe Bryant, knew that the game was over. The whole Lakers team quit. Kobe is to blame for this as the leader, but them quitting was a result of inability on defense, offense, and the Mavs setting a 3point record.

What this game has shown without a doubt though that Kobe has no place on the AllD team. That's a discrace and slap to the face for every hard-working perimeter defender. I know is probably the best pick and roll big man to ever play the game, but the Lakers perimeter players were beaten time after time. If Kobe really had AllD-Team capacities, he should've stepped up. my guess though is that he really couldn't do more.

So what are we left at?
1) Yes, the Lakers, including Kobe, probably quit midway through the 3rd quarter. Which is understandable seeing how the series and especially game 4 unfolded.
2) Kobe was on fire early, Mavs reacted with hard double-teams, but the Lakers could not make them pay. This is to blame on Kobe's teammates.
3) The Lakers perimeter and p/r defense was atrocios; this is partly on Kobe. He should at least have tried to set the tone.
4) Kobe was by no means invisible until the game was well out of reach. Anything more would have been Kobe-ball, which would have helped absolutely no one other than Kobes stats.

:applause: :applause:

What are your thoughts on the fact that Kobe has been on teams that have been blown out in closing games quite a bit?

2003 playoffs against the Spurs
2006 playoffs against the Suns
2008 playoffs against the Celtics
2011 playoffs against the Mavs

Askmeificare
05-10-2011, 09:34 AM

:cheers: :cheers:

swi7ch
05-10-2011, 09:45 AM
He is a quitter and we've seen it numerous times before (against PHO, BOS, etc.) and this is why Jordan > Kobe

Jordan will die first before he quits.

swi7ch
05-10-2011, 09:50 AM

This is what happens when ppl get hurt, tired, and old. Tim Duncan is going through this now, Shaq is already there, KG, etc. and so are other greats. At some point, great players become mortals due to age.

Human Error
05-10-2011, 09:54 AM
did he quit on his team?
He did not quit. It's not like he could take over a game yet he didn't care. He just is not good enough anymore.

Da_Realist
05-10-2011, 10:45 AM
:blah :blah :blah

So what are we left at?

:facepalm

He quit. No competitive fire whatsoever. He's done it before. And they all seem eerily the same. 2006 Suns, 2008 Celtics, 2011 Mavs all look the same. Kobe comes out blazing, realizes the team won't lie down at the sight of his offensive explosion and then he QUITS. Three times is a pattern. A championship team as good as the Lakers don't lose by 36 points unless they QUIT.

Brunch@Five
05-10-2011, 11:49 AM

He quit. No competitive fire whatsoever. He's done it before. And they all seem eerily the same. 2006 Suns, 2008 Celtics, 2011 Mavs all look the same. Kobe comes out blazing, realizes the team won't lie down at the sight of his offensive explosion and then he QUITS. Three times is a pattern. A championship team as good as the Lakers don't lose by 36 points unless they QUIT.

Lakers lost because of team offense and team defense. The beatdown wasn't a result of Kobe quitting, but vice versa.

But maybe we're just arguing different things. I agree that Kobe quit midway through the 3rd quarter. My argument is that even had Kobe not quit it would only have slightly altered the outcome of the game.

necya
05-10-2011, 12:11 PM

:applause: very good post

andgar923
05-10-2011, 12:13 PM
So let me get this straight.

So what Kobe apologists are basically stating, is that he didn't quit per se, he just isn't good enough of a leader and a player?

Da_Realist
05-10-2011, 12:17 PM
So let me get this straight.

So what Kobe apologists are basically stating, is that he didn't quit per se, he just isn't good enough of a leader and a player?

No, they're saying he quit but it doesn't matter.

But they're wrong. It DOES matter to see the leader of the team quit. Teams follow their leaders. If the leader stops competing everyone else will, too.

:oldlol: at any of these dudes saying Kobe could have won with Jordan's teams in the 90's. Look at the 2nd half of the Game 7 loss to the Pistons in 1990 to see how a leader is supposed to act even when facing the inevitable.

Brunch@Five
05-10-2011, 12:21 PM
1) I'm not "the Kobe apologists"
2) yes, I'm saying that Kobe is not good enough on defense anymore to set the tone for his team
3) the game was lost before he quit

Hawker
05-10-2011, 12:35 PM
your life sucks then imho.

You're from philadelphia. Not Los Angeles.

LeFraud Shames
05-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Kobe - Out of the Playoffs

And Haters still can't keep their damn mouths shut.

http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/ps/s6/6q/ckyou.gif

Hoopz2332
05-10-2011, 01:50 PM

RazorBaLade
05-10-2011, 02:15 PM

what was the score when kobe came back in the game?

and lol 27-23 after a perfect quarter from kobe, he isnt gonna go 12/12 from 3 which is what we needed... 7-13 firsst hald lost by 25, 00-5 2nd half barely played 4th q lost by 15 the half...... gg

Calabis
05-10-2011, 02:18 PM

After months of hearing about the "Messiah of ISH", its freakin comical...what the hell do u expect? U have 30 threads a day talking about how great he is, how he's better than so and so and it came back to bite u and ur fanbase in the ass....deal with it.

Stuckey
05-10-2011, 02:23 PM
:oldlol: i love this thread

but i'm still bitter that the refs ruined game 7 last year

Samurai Swoosh
05-10-2011, 02:28 PM

LEFT4DEAD
05-10-2011, 02:29 PM

How do you mean? Kobe's fans are talking about Lebron's defeat against Celtics one year after that.

Samurai Swoosh
05-10-2011, 02:45 PM
:oldlol: at any of these dudes saying Kobe could have won with Jordan's teams in the 90's. Look at the 2nd half of the Game 7 loss to the Pistons in 1990 to see how a leader is supposed to act even when facing the inevitable.
Please explain, or give youtube video?

:pimp:

LBJ4MVP23
05-10-2011, 03:48 PM
LBJ "quits" vs the Celtics and he gets a 30-20-10 triple double.

Kobe quits and goes invisible over, and over, and over, and over again. Why is he still the best competitor since Jordan when he has such a record of quitting? Oh he quit vs the Suns to show his team how much they suck with out him. Ok cool story, glad you allowed a 3-1 series comeback and did NOTHING in the second half.

Historically bad finals when you have Shaq constantly drawing doubles? Check.
Allowing the BIGGEST COMEBACK EVER IN FINALS HISTORY? Check.
BIGGEST BLOWOUT IN FINALS HISTORY IN A RING CLINCHING GAME? Check.

Kobe fans = religious zealots. No matter how much evidence to the contrary, no matter how much factual information, statistics, and support you provide, Kobe is jordan-lite, the best player in the NBA, super clutch, and Adam and Eve are still our ancestors, evolution is BS, and God created the universe in 6 days, rested on the 7th (BING BANG IS BULLSH-T haha). No point in arguing with Kobe fans because they think its a conspiracy that no other great... EVER has coupled winning titles with the magnitude of ineptitude he has showed when the going gets tough or when he has a subpar supporting cast and is supposed to lead.

Papaya Petee
05-10-2011, 03:52 PM
LeBron elimination game: 27 points 19 rebounds 10 assists
Kobe elimination game: 17 points 0 assists 0 FG in second half, loses by 36
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

DMAVS41
05-10-2011, 03:57 PM

And the worst part is that its expected out of Kobe. He lays down better than anyone....so do his teams.

Kobe fans have officially lost the right to hammer Lebron for that series last year. They never had the right, but they officially can't do it anymore.

LA KB24
05-10-2011, 03:59 PM
You forgot the 9 turnovers. Almost a quadruple double.

LEFT4DEAD
05-10-2011, 04:02 PM
You forgot the 9 turnovers. Almost a quadruple double.
If he had turned it over 20 times in that game it would still look better than Kobe's epic fail.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
05-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Kobe has been the only one showing up in the playoffs while your supposibly 2nd best player can't wait to go on vaca after 2 rings. Yea we can probably say Kobe quit on his teammates for quiting after game 1. The Kobe/Pau era is over and there are going to be big roster changes.

Calabis
05-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Kobe has been the only one showing up in the playoffs while your supposibly 2nd best player can't wait to go on vaca after 2 rings. Yea we can probably say Kobe quit on his teammates for quiting after game 1. The Kobe/Pau era is over and there are going to be big roster changes.

Again quit making excuses...if he's top 10(which he is in my mind), then he had plenty of help, if he's top 5 then he had more than enough thru the first three games, no need to be down 3-0....I've already posted this like 3 times, but it seems the Kobe apologists just continue to run with the "his teammates quit" excuse.....that's what separates leaders from role players.....Kobe failed to lead period and his overall play was pathetic

1996: Kukoc: 13 PPG/42%FG/80%FT/4.6 reb/3.5 ast/.33 blk/.83 stl

Pippen: 15.6 PPG/34%FG/68%FT/8.1 reb/5.3 ast/1.3 blk/2.3 stl

Rodman: 7.5 PPG/48% FG/64% FT/14.6 reb/2.5 ast/0.16 blk/1.3 stl

Total Avg: 12.03 PPG/41%FG/70.6% FT/9.1 reb/3.76 ast/.59 blk/1.47 stl

Total of Prod: 36.1 PPG/27.3 Reb/11.3 ast

1997: Kukoc: 8.0 PPG/40.5 FG%/80% FT/3.1 reb/2.6 ast/0.0 blk/.16 stl

Pippen: 20.0 PPG/42%FG/77.7 FT/8.3 reb/3.5 ast/1.83 blk/1.6 stl

Rodman: 2.3 PPG/25% FG/33% FT/7.6 reb/1.5 ast/.16 blk/0.5 stl

Total Avg: 10.1 PPG/35.8% FG/63.3%FT/6.3 reb/2.5 ast/.66 blk/.75 stl

Total of Prod: 30.3 PPG/19 Rebs/7.6 ast

1998: Kukoc: 15.1 PPG/50% FG/69% FT/4.6 reb/2.6 ast/.66 blk/1.16 stl

Pippen: 15.6 PPG/40.9%FG/83% FT/6.8 reb/4.6 ast/.83 blk/1.6 stl

Rodman: 3.3 PPG/46% FG/66% FT/8.3 reb/1.0 ast/.33 blk/1.16 stl

Total Avg: 11.3 PPG/45.6% FG/72.6 FT/6.56 reb/2.73 ast/.60/1.30 stl

Total of Prod: 34 PPG/19.7 rebs/8.2 ast

Kobe 2011 bananas:

Gasol: 13.3 PPG/42% FG/66% FT/9.6 rebs/3.3 ast/.66 blk/.33 stl

Bynum: 15.6 PPG/57% FG/1.000 FT/9.3 rebs/1.0 ast/.66 blk/.33 stl

Odom: 13.0 PPG/42% FG/77% FT/9.0 rebs/ 2.6 ast/.66 blk/.33 stl

Total Avg: 13.9 PPG/47% FG/81% FT/9.3 rebs/2.3 ast/.66 blk/.33 stl

Total of Prod: 41.9 PPG/27.9 rebs/5.9 ast

Calabis
05-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Kobe "The Black Mamba" Bryant Series Stats

23.3 PPG/45.7 FG%/3 REB/2.5 AST/1.5 STLS/0.25 Blk

Kobe "The Kloser" Bryant....4th quarter performances in series

6 for 18= 17 total points...... 33.3 FG%/1 Rebound/ 1 Assist

4.25 PPG in the 4th quarter......that's greatness folks

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk197/calabis/Kobe_scowl_slide.gif

Knoe Itawl
05-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Calabis, good contributions as usual, but I have to say I've never felt like Bryant was a top 10 player of all time. I feel he has a case for top ten talent of all time, and a resume that looks pretty good on paper but he's also been probably the most fortunate superstar ever in terms of how his career played out. That's not his fault but it also doesn't mean that I automatically think he deserves top 10 because of it. Too many playoff letdowns, too much inconsistency and questionable decision making. I can't honestly say that I'd prefer Bryant over Barkley, or even Karl Malone (who I disliked just as much as Bryant, if not more).

andgar923
05-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Calabis, good contributions as usual, but I have to say I've never felt like Bryant was a top 10 player of all time. I feel he has a case for top ten talent of all time, and a resume that looks pretty good on paper but he's also been probably the most fortunate superstar ever in terms of how his career played out. That's not his fault but it also doesn't mean that I automatically think he deserves top 10 because of it. Too many playoff letdowns, too much inconsistency and questionable decision making. I can't honestly say that I'd prefer Bryant over Barkley, or even Karl Malone (who I disliked just as much as Bryant, if not more).

Yeah... this is how I feel as well.

He has top 10 talent, but isn't a top 10 player and even then most of his accomplishments aren't as impressive when looked at closer. He has been fortunate most of his career, and Kobe fans know this.

He's too inconsistent for him to be top 10, which is why imo he's more in the top 20-25 range.

Other great players never had the same opportunities that he has.

20Four
05-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Yeah... this is how I feel as well.

He has top 10 talent, but isn't a top 10 player and even then most of his accomplishments aren't as impressive when looked at closer. He has been fortunate most of his career, and Kobe fans know this.

He's too inconsistent for him to be top 10, which is why imo he's more in the top 20-25 range.

Other great players never had the same opportunities that he has.

LOL Dumbass post....how can you not say KOBE isn't TOP 10 of all TIME? LOL His TEAM quit on him...and he brought a sub bar laker team to the playoffs with who? SMUSH PARKER KWAME BROWN? LOL please....Multiple games with 40 points in a row....30 points in a row....Olympic gold medal....he helped LEBRONZE win his GOLD because he couldnt do it on his own....stupid mofo's

andgar923
05-10-2011, 09:06 PM
LOL Dumbass post....how can you not say KOBE isn't TOP 10 of all TIME? LOL His TEAM quit on him...and he brought a sub bar laker team to the playoffs with who? SMUSH PARKER KWAME BROWN? LOL please....Multiple games with 40 points in a row....30 points in a row....Olympic gold medal....he helped LEBRONZE win his GOLD because he couldnt do it on his own....stupid mofo's
:roll:

Da_Realist
05-10-2011, 09:42 PM

Totally agree. Kobe's resume is better than his on court impact (especially playoffs)

OldSchoolBBall
05-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Kobe "The Black Mamba" Bryant Series Stats

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk197/calabis/Kobe_scowl_slide.gif

:oldlol: :roll:

lefthook00
05-10-2011, 10:17 PM
It's Kobe, you get the good with the bad, it's always been that way. What puts him above everybody who has ever played in the NBA, except about 6-9 players(depending on your GOAT list), is that no matter how much bad, his amount of good is overwhelming.

DMAVS41
05-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Totally agree. Kobe's resume is better than his on court impact (especially playoffs)

No player in NBA history has benefited more from great circumstances early on in their careers like Kobe. Its not to say Kobe isn't a great player. He definitely is, but those 3 titles playing with Shaq for 8 years loom really large for him.

Not only that, but playing 2nd fiddle his first 8 years in the league...not a starter his first 2 seasons...a lockout year.....that stuff does a lot for his longevity as well.

Lebron, for example, has much more wear and tear on him after 8 years than Kobe did. A lot more.

Askmeificare
05-10-2011, 10:43 PM
http://imageshack.us/m/189/3608/kobeyn.jpg

asdf1990
05-10-2011, 10:47 PM

is that 1 assist a typo? kome usually doesn't have that many assists in an important game.

Colby Brian
05-10-2011, 11:35 PM
lets not act like kobes not in his 15th season and has an ankle injury, ight

Dave3
05-10-2011, 11:42 PM
How is this thread still going? This happened 3 days ago, and it's such a random piece of information, so who cares? You think if Kobe made 10 FG's in that half it would've made a difference in the game's outcome? Very unlikely. And even more unlikely, it sure as hell wouldn't have done anything to the series decision. I mean, I can understand this as a rebuttal to the "LeBron quit" crap that Kobe trolls haven't stopped talking about, but how it goes for 9 pages is a little too much.

20Four
05-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Exactly....leave kobe alone...the LAKER season is ALREADY done.....let me know when LEBRON can play with a BROKEN FINGER, BAD ANKLES, BAD KNEES ETC...then you can talk....dumbshits :facepalm :facepalm....oh wait a minute....his left elbow is hurting again right? LOL AHAHAHAHAHHA

20Four
05-10-2011, 11:50 PM
is that 1 assist a typo? kome usually doesn't have that many assists in an important game.

Are you a dumbass seriously? How can KOBE BRYANT have assists when he was passing the ball but his ****ing team wasnt making any of the shots? You ****ing retarted mother ****er :banghead: :banghead: watch the game first...then talk....stupid mofo's I swear

Disaprine
05-10-2011, 11:51 PM
:roll: this thread, kobe haters and kobe lovers are the same. :lol

LBJ4MVP23
05-10-2011, 11:52 PM
whats your excuse for the suns series? 3-1 series lead, takes I think 4 shots in the second half of game 7.
How about having the worst finals in the history of "superstars" against the pistons?
And what about game 5-6 vs the celtics? Allowed the biggest comeback ever in finals history, and biggest blow out?

THe fact is, win or lose, you should be balling. When kobe thinks his team isnt performing, he quits. Its what he does when he isnt getting his way. He throws a tantrum like a little baby by quitting, and its a repeated history. Not just this series, but multiple times over in his career.

drizzy0503
05-10-2011, 11:53 PM
:lol :lol :oldlol:

20Four
05-10-2011, 11:55 PM
whats your excuse for the suns series? 3-1 series lead, takes I think 4 shots in the second half of game 7.
How about having the worst finals in the history of "superstars" against the pistons?
And what about game 5-6 vs the celtics? Allowed the biggest comeback ever in finals history, and biggest blow out?

THe fact is, win or lose, you should be balling. When kobe thinks his team isnt performing, he quits. Its what he does when he isnt getting his way. He throws a tantrum like a little baby by quitting, and its a repeated history. Not just this series, but multiple times over in his career.

LOL worst finals history with "SUPERSTARS" thinks about it...GARY PAYTON and CARL MALONE were already OLD dumb****.....kobe did quit...he tried to get his teamates involved....if he shot more....everybody would be saying....HES A BALLHOG, PASS THE BALL.....JUST STFU ALREADY...call me when LEBRON wins a RING without JOINING 2 SUPERSTARS LOL OWNED *****

Colby Brian
05-10-2011, 11:58 PM

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/465/1155610tvv4jrbi.png

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/1362/1133050ciy4lbzv.png

Nevaeh
05-11-2011, 12:03 AM
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/465/1155610tvv4jrbi.png

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/1362/1133050ciy4lbzv.png

AT AGE 32..........RIGHT ALPHAWOLF24?

chazzy
05-11-2011, 12:07 AM
How is this thread still going? This happened 3 days ago, and it's such a random piece of information, so who cares? You think if Kobe made 10 FG's in that half it would've made a difference in the game's outcome? Very unlikely. And even more unlikely, it sure as hell wouldn't have done anything to the series decision. I mean, I can understand this as a rebuttal to the "LeBron quit" crap that Kobe trolls haven't stopped talking about, but how it goes for 9 pages is a little too much.
This is the championship for the Jordan fans who no longer have a team to root for - let them celebrate :D

VishaltotheG
05-11-2011, 12:09 AM
This is the championship for the Jordan fans who no longer have a team to root for - let them celebrate :D

http://www.chicagodefender.com/imgs/hed/art3962widea.jpg

Colby Brian
05-11-2011, 12:11 AM

AT AGE 32..........RIGHT ALPHAWOLF24?

:wtf: :oldlol:

LA_Showtime

Wow. Maybe I've had too much to drink. What the **** is that thing to the left of Kobe's head? The ****.

chazzy
Rose
I'm talking about the older angry Jordan fans. They only watch the game to be gatekeepers of MJs legacy and couldn't care less about that kid :oldlol:

LA_Showtime
05-11-2011, 12:13 AM

Again, THE **** IS THAT THING next to Kobe's head?

Colby Brian
Wow. Maybe I've had too much to drink. What the **** is that thing to the left of Kobe's head? The ****.

:oldlol: i just noticed that too wtf :oldlol:

chazzy
I don't see anything. A kid sitting in the stands?

kaiiu
05-11-2011, 12:14 AM
look like a mouth with no face:oldlol:

gilalizard
05-11-2011, 12:15 AM

Apparantly you've just logged on for the first time since the Lakers lost. Because that's exactly what's been going on.

Laker haters have been bringing it full force since the sweep.

p.s. LeBron's still a douche

LA_Showtime
05-11-2011, 12:18 AM
I don't see anything. A kid sitting in the stands?

It's to the left, and slightly below Kobe's head. It's like a hand with hair... and no face. THE ****.

LA_Showtime
05-11-2011, 12:19 AM
You see that guy on the far right? He's looking at it, too. He's even mouthing "shit."

Nevaeh
05-11-2011, 12:22 AM
:wtf: :oldlol:

My little tribute to him for wearing out this pic in a few other threads :lol

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/user_images/2172000/AlphaWolf-2172764_860_800.jpg

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209341&page=3

Colby Brian
05-11-2011, 12:24 AM
My little tribute to him for wearing out this pic in a few other threads :lol

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/user_images/2172000/AlphaWolf-2172764_860_800.jpg

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209341&page=3

o..k...

PowerGlove
05-11-2011, 12:43 AM
I read this. Look around Kobe's head....see nothing out of the ordinary.

Then I look above the seat next to him and wonder WTF is that? I cant even give it a label.

Assassin
05-11-2011, 12:50 AM
This thread is still going??

catch24
05-11-2011, 12:57 AM
I read this. Look around Kobe's head....see nothing out of the ordinary.

Then I look above the seat next to him and wonder WTF is that? I cant even give it a label.

Are you guys talking about the guy on the black-laptop??? I don't see shit.

kaiiu
05-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Are you guys talking about the guy on the black-laptop??? I don't see shit.
look above the chair next to kobe

branslowski
05-11-2011, 12:59 AM

Looks like a guy holding a camera or something ....

catch24
05-11-2011, 01:00 AM

I guess I can see why you guys think it looks like a mouth, but its a dude holding his laptop/camera....

kaiiu
05-11-2011, 01:01 AM

I guess I can see why you guys think it looks like a mouth, but its a dude holding his laptop/camera....
really. I dont see it at all still:wtf:

asdf1990
05-11-2011, 01:03 AM

wtf are u guys seeing I don't see shit..

PowerGlove
05-11-2011, 01:03 AM
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/3608/kobeyn.jpg

That's a laptop? Did they drop the shit and the side is shattered but somehow still working? Like WTF is that?

catch24
05-11-2011, 01:04 AM
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/3608/kobeyn.jpg

Yeah dude holding a laptop/some type of camera. It's a persons hand lol

kaiiu
05-11-2011, 01:04 AM
wtf are u guys seeing I don't see shit..
the think that look like a knee wit lips or sum shit

PowerGlove
05-11-2011, 01:06 AM
Yeah dude holding a laptop/some type of camera. It's a persons hand lol

Wow.....:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

That shit is hella grainy but damn. I need to go to bed.

kaiiu
05-11-2011, 01:07 AM
somebody zoom that shit in close so I can see it better:oldlol:

Lordragoonx1x
05-11-2011, 01:07 AM
After this series Kobe should never be compared to Jordan again. They are not in the same league.

LA_Showtime
05-11-2011, 01:10 AM
Holy shit. It is a laptop. You totally ruined it for me.

catch24
05-11-2011, 01:11 AM
Holy shit. It is a laptop. You totally ruined it for me.

LMAO! I'm dying at some of the reactions/comments in this thread

What the f*ck is that thing

It looks like a knee with lips

Soundwave
05-11-2011, 01:13 AM
When Kobe loses in the playoffs it's usually in embarrassing fashion, so this is really nothing new.

When the kingdom crumbles it reeeeeally crumbles in LA.

PowerGlove
05-11-2011, 01:14 AM

Holy shit, good thing I can laugh at my own failures.

LA_Showtime
05-11-2011, 01:15 AM

I don't know how you knew what that was. Hell, I can't even see the laptop anymore. I'm sure there are irregularities in every picture taken, but I've never seen one so obvious. :lol

chazzy
05-11-2011, 01:16 AM
When Kobe loses in the playoffs it's usually in embarrassing fashion, so this is really nothing new.

When the kingdom crumbles it reeeeeally crumbles in LA.
gtfo, this thread is now about this strange object

Calabis
05-11-2011, 10:54 AM

Ahh hell the Kobe injury excuse is back...Kobe has won and lost with the most injuries known to man

Askmeificare
05-11-2011, 04:37 PM
http://imageshack.us/m/713/6753/photofishinggroup.jpg

zay_24
05-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Leets keep it funky like crackhead feet, the 86 celtics were not CLOSE to being the best team all time:roll:

http://www.nba.com/media/celtics/Champs_85_86.jpg

Prime AI, TMAC, Kobe, Shaq etc wouldve clowned these bums, Kobe in o6 or 07 even in 03 wouldve lit these clowns up for 90

kaiiu
05-11-2011, 11:20 PM
I agree. Prime Kobe>>>> anybody in NBA history

ballerz
05-11-2011, 11:20 PM
Ah, No.

zay_24
05-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Ah, No.
And why not exactly?

ballerz
05-11-2011, 11:23 PM
^ 86 celtics is one of the greates teams of all-time and had one of the greatest frontcourts.

clayton
05-11-2011, 11:24 PM
He will probably do his regularly 7-25 shooting.

JGXEN
05-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Obvious troll is obvious, please do not feed the toll

zay_24
05-11-2011, 11:32 PM
For all you old heads, please tell me who would've shut down PRIME kobe, the only person to outscore a team that made it to the finals by himself in 3 quarters?

kaiiu
05-11-2011, 11:33 PM
For all you old heads, please tell me who would've shut down PRIME kobe, the only person to outscore a team that made it to the finals by himself in 3 quarters?
81 points, 62 3 quarters, 55 on MJ , 40 PPG + month. Greatest scorer the game has EVER seen.:applause:

zay_24
05-11-2011, 11:34 PM
81 points, 62 3 quarters, 55 on MJ , 40 PPG + month. Greatest scorer the game has EVER seen.:applause:
Dont forget he had 3 other games where he scored 50+ in 3 quarters alone :bowdown:

snipes12
05-11-2011, 11:34 PM
prime kobe <<<< suns w/o amare = so you fail ..

kaiiu
05-11-2011, 11:35 PM
Dont forget he had 3 other games where he scored 50+ in 3 quarters alone :bowdown:
:bowdown: :bowdown: dude made droppin 50 in A HALF look easy

zay_24
05-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Kobe= 5 rings, Phoenix Suns= 0
:lol

zay_24
05-11-2011, 11:37 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: dude made droppin 50 in A HALF look easy
Lets not forget he aver 30+ ppg, and 6+ apg in the FINALS against a team led by the (3time)defensive player of the year:bowdown:

JtotheIzzo
05-11-2011, 11:37 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

kaiiu
05-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Lets not forget he aver 30+ ppg, and 6+ apg in the FINALS against a team led by the defensive player of the year:bowdown:
:bowdown: 17 STRAIGHT POINTS IN GAME 5 LAST YEAR. 17 STRAIGHT POINTS:bowdown:

DMAVS41
05-11-2011, 11:38 PM

DJ?

The 86 Celtics actually played defense.

Not sure why Kobe would go off against them if he couldn't even go off against the Suns in 06.

:confusedshrug:

Smoke117
05-11-2011, 11:39 PM

While dropping 55 is impressive no matter what, I'm not sure pointing out it was on a 39 year old Michael Jordan and on a mediocre Wizards defense helps your case...

dbugz
Dude can't even beat a front court of Dirk and Chandler

:roll: :roll: :roll:

zay_24
Kobe never lost a 60 point game :bowdown:

And no white boys in short shorts can stop Kobe Da Gawd:lol

kaiiu
While dropping 55 is impressive no matter what, I'm not sure pointing out it was on a 39 year old Michael Jordan and on a mediocre Wizards defense helps your case...
that ni99a sent MJ into retirement :oldlol:

inclinerator
05-11-2011, 11:40 PM
http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/WESTBROOK_LOVES_BASKETBALL.gif.pagespeed.ce.KzD1I7 rQho.gif

zay_24
05-11-2011, 11:40 PM
2 clutch shots in one game :bowdown:

zay_24
05-11-2011, 11:41 PM
that ni99a sent MJ into retirement :oldlol:
:lol :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqVgvZhL19w

kaiiu
05-11-2011, 11:42 PM
2 clutch shots in one game :bowdown:
:bowdown: 5 of them rings to make a ni99a say BURR

snipes12
05-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Kobe= 5 rings, Phoenix Suns= 0
:lol

prime kobe + with elite bigmen + defensive sf = 5 rings

prime kobe alone = cannot reach play offs and lost to suns w/0 amare

the thread is about prime kobe only w/o no attach players names or so what ever

so your thread fail .. im sorry dude ...

in additional they were swept by dallas with a complete elite team coach by the goat coach

so .. your thread fails again

az00m
05-12-2011, 12:09 AM
prime kobe is the reason for 80% of the games with over 50 points shooting less than 50%

1987_Lakers
05-12-2011, 12:35 AM
http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/B8428772-B40F-4C8B-9370-CE078C2A1791/U86120004.jpg

Sterlingsucks
05-12-2011, 12:39 AM

hahaha Michael Jordan was pretty good from what I remember...hell I think Oscar Robinson would work Kobe. Dr. J from teh ABA would work Kobe, and how the hell would 1 "prime" player beat a team??? 1 on 5? who would Kobe or the "prime" players other teammates be? or was he sooooo good that he did not need them?

Kobe24Clutch
05-12-2011, 01:19 AM
"Let's be reality" :wtf:

Kobe24Clutch
05-12-2011, 01:19 AM
http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/WESTBROOK_LOVES_BASKETBALL.gif.pagespeed.ce.KzD1I7 rQho.gif
:wtf: :lol :lol :lol

NBASTATMAN
05-12-2011, 02:09 AM

Prime Kobe lost to NASH and a team with no player over 6ft 8inches.. :roll:

YOU GUYS FUNNY..

Lebron23
05-12-2011, 02:11 AM
Kaiuu is a Kobesexual. Please ignore that troll.

kaiiu
05-12-2011, 02:12 AM
Kaiuu is a Kobesexual. Please ignore that troll.
U mad cuz Lebron needs wade to get a ring/ :lol

jlauber
05-12-2011, 02:12 AM
I can't even see the '09-10 Lakers beating the '85-86 Celtics.

JtotheIzzo
05-12-2011, 02:16 AM
I can't even see the '09-10 Lakers beating the '85-86 Celtics.

not even close.

Parish > Bynum
McHale > Gasol
Bird > Artest
Ainge < Kobe
DJ > Fisher
C's Bench > L's Bench

jlauber
05-12-2011, 02:18 AM
not even close.

Parish > Bynum
McHale > Gasol
Bird > Artest
Ainge < Kobe
DJ > Fisher
C's Bench > L's Bench

Well put. Might be worse than Dallas-LA in '11.

Sampsonsimpson
05-12-2011, 03:27 AM
Kobe fans are dealing with the Lakers sweep by overcompensating I see...

solar.hands
05-12-2011, 03:37 AM
U mad cuz kobe needs shaq/bynum/gasol to get a ring/ :lol

fxdit4u

Javat_90
05-12-2011, 03:39 AM
I dont understand why people feed the obvious trolls. But nonetheless, im going to feed him too.

First of all, dont even try to compare the 1986 Celtics depth with 09 or 10 Lakers depth. I mean, besides Odom, it is clear their bench sucked big time.

Not to mention, one of the Lakers biggest strength was their front-court, and considering this front-court is not as good as the 1986 Celtics one, the discussion should end here.

Its not a knock on LA (its my fav team actually), its just a knock on reality.

Nevaeh
05-12-2011, 03:45 AM
I dont understand why people feed the obvious trolls. But nonetheless, im going to feed him too.

First of all, dont even try to compare the 1986 Celtics depth with 09 or 10 Lakers depth. I mean, besides Odom, it is clear their bench sucked big time.

Not to mention, one of the Lakers biggest strength was their front-court, and considering this front-court is not as good as the 1986 Celtics one, the discussion should end here.

Its not a knock on LA (its my fav team actually), its just a knock on reality.

And let's not talk about how shitty Kobe-led teams are at rotating on defense. Bird would FEAST for days on Jumpshots alone.

Floppy
05-12-2011, 05:40 AM
If Kobe were born in the 60s this 86 team would've raped his ass.

The only thing that cheers me up about idiots like you is that there's still gonna be idiots like you when you're in your 40s who are gonna tell you how player xyz would whoop Kobe's ass.

ImmortalD24
05-12-2011, 05:44 AM
This guy does not represent Kobe fans. The guy is clearly simply trolling.

I don't get why mods don't ban these trolls.

Dragonyeuw
05-12-2011, 06:45 AM

Considering Jordan wasn't guarding Kobe that game...... eh whatever.

Derka
05-12-2011, 06:52 AM
Kobe couldn't handle Dirk and Chandler in 2011. Couldn't handle KG and Perkins in 2008. But somehow, he would have handled one of the greatest frontcourts in NBA history in Bird, McHale and Parrish...the original (and truly the ONLY) Big Three?

Kobe ******ger be trollin'

STATUTORY
05-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Kobe couldn't handle Dirk and Chandler in 2011. Couldn't handle KG and Perkins in 2008. But somehow, he would have handled one of the greatest frontcourts in NBA history in Bird, McHale and Parrish...the original (and truly the ONLY) Big Three?

Kobe ******ger be trollin'

Dirk and Chandler have more length and are better defenders than Mchale and parrish.

Whatfoul?
05-12-2011, 07:23 AM
Leets keep it funky like crackhead feet, the 86 celtics were not CLOSE to being the best team all time:roll:

Prime AI, TMAC, Kobe, Shaq etc wouldve clowned these bums, Kobe in o6 or 07 even in 03 wouldve lit these clowns up for 90

http://ui30.gamespot.com/509/orry_2.jpg

the_wise_one
05-12-2011, 07:24 AM

http://oi53.tinypic.com/34rtwyh.jpg

the_wise_one
05-12-2011, 07:25 AM

http://oi53.tinypic.com/34rtwyh.jpg

ImmortalD24
05-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Folks.. again.. this is a joke troll bait thread. Don't feed the troll.

Glide2keva
05-12-2011, 07:30 AM

zay_24
05-12-2011, 10:31 AM
People forgetting that if Kobe played in the 80s the suns wouldve been eliminated

kaiiu
05-12-2011, 10:35 AM
http://www.fetchmyflyingmonkeys.com/blog/images/cupid1.jpeg
http://uvtblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/older-man-using-computer.jpg

dont forget kobe would be facing players like this

zay_24
05-12-2011, 10:37 AM
http://www.fetchmyflyingmonkeys.com/blog/images/cupid1.jpeg
http://uvtblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/older-man-using-computer.jpg

dont forget kobe would be facing players like this:lol

JtotheIzzo
05-12-2011, 11:23 AM
http://ui30.gamespot.com/509/orry_2.jpg

best pic ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Calabis
05-12-2011, 11:37 AM

Dennis Johnson better defender than Jason Kidd anyday of the week.....Jordan avg 40+ against those Celtics who had the Number 1 rated defense....

Kobe "The Black Mamba" Bryant Series Stats against Mavs and Kidd

KOBE DOING WORK:roll:

Calabis
05-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Dirk and Chandler have more length and are better defenders than Mchale and parrish.

Parrish and Mchale = far better interior defense

JtotheIzzo
05-12-2011, 11:42 AM

These are the kind of posts that give ISH its 'dumb' rep.

Calabis
05-12-2011, 11:44 AM

:roll: what a troll

Kobe the greatest scorer???? Two scoring titles:eek: while leading the league in FGA four times???.....a guy from his generation Iverson led league 4 times in FGA.....4 scoring titles...Kobe may have the potential to have the best scoring outbursts, but when it comes to consistency and scoring throughout an entire season...he not even top 10 all time:roll:

See ya troll

stephanieg
05-12-2011, 11:44 AM
I like how Dirk goes from being a soft white Euro to a better defender than McHale, depending on the context.

kaiiu
05-12-2011, 11:45 AM
:roll: what a troll

Kobe the greatest scorer???? Two scoring titles:eek: while leading the league in FGA four times???.....a guy from his generation Iverson led league 4 times in FGA.....4 scoring titles...Kobe may have the potential to have the best scoring outbursts, but when it comes to consistency and scoring throughout an entire season...he not even top 10 all time:roll:

See ya troll
Kobe would shit on the no defense 80s. Lol who guarding him?:lol

brownmamba00
05-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Dennis Johnson better defender than Jason Kidd anyday of the week.....Jordan avg 40+ against those Celtics who had the Number 1 rated defense....

Kobe "The Black Mamba" Bryant Series Stats against Mavs and Kidd

KOBE DOING WORK:roll:

the OP said in his PRIME, not Kobe in his what 13th-14th season in the L?

andgar923
05-12-2011, 11:51 AM

Team defense?

juju151111
05-12-2011, 11:52 AM
LMAO This post should be a perfect example of why Ish is full of tools. Mchale defense>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dirk is this a joke? Parish>>chandler. Mchale was 6'11 with long arms and parish was 6'11 What more length?

Calabis
05-12-2011, 11:56 AM

First four games in that series...In the fourth quarters of the first four games in the Finals -- 48 minutes of action -- the Lakers had 82 possessions. In those possessions, Bryant had 57 touches. And within those 57 touches, he was 7-for-26 (26.9 percent) from the floor, scoring only 28 points.

Games 3 & 4:

Game 3, he was 10-29, he shot the Celtics back into the game, he went 1 for 6(4 points, his first points came at the 1:40 mark) in the 4th and if not for Fisher making 5 clutch buckets, Celtics win

In Game 4, he was 2 for 5, his first FG not coming until the 1:55 mark, they lost because Kobe again failed to make any kind of impact, his other FG was a meaningless 3 pointer with 11 seconds left, and the Celtics having the game in hand...lets just call him the Big No Show in the NBA Finals...he has no iconic moments

and in the fourth quarter for that series
7.6pts, 24.4 fg%, 16.7 3pt%.

Kobe shooting 38-108 .352% in 5 title clinching games

Kobe shooting .410% in his finals career

Kobe shooting 37-97 .350% in game 7s

Laughing at u stans acting like he would've done shit against those Celtics, when his record in the playoffs proves he can't get shit done

Kobe dick riders talking about competition and defense....let's see... Kobe in 99-2000(4th year,2nd as full time starter) avg 22 pts a game his opposition that year: Reggie Miller, Steve Smith, Nick Anderson,A.Hardaway, Barry, Strickland, Peeler, Daniels, Iverson, Houston, Hughes, Stackhouse, Piatkowski, Posey, Dickerson, Majerle, McGrady, Mobley, Pierce, Pearson, Sealy, Wahad, Eisley, Porter, Allen, Sura, Finley, Mercer, Elie, Rider, Legler, Chapman, Griffin, Nesby....lol...the same dudes that at age 34-35 Jordan was avg 28-30ppg against and winning league MVP's

Kobe doing work:roll:

Calabis
05-12-2011, 11:57 AM

Yup because he has proven he shits on top rated defenses his entire career....:roll:

Tell him to avg more than 23 ppg against a 6'4, 35 year old PG...gtfoh:oldlol:

kaiiu
05-12-2011, 11:58 AM
First four games in that series...In the fourth quarters of the first four games in the Finals -- 48 minutes of action -- the Lakers had 82 possessions. In those possessions, Bryant had 57 touches. And within those 57 touches, he was 7-for-26 (26.9 percent) from the floor, scoring only 28 points.

Games 3 & 4:

Game 3, he was 10-29, he shot the Celtics back into the game, he went 1 for 6(4 points, his first points came at the 1:40 mark) in the 4th and if not for Fisher making 5 clutch buckets, Celtics win

In Game 4, he was 2 for 5, his first FG not coming until the 1:55 mark, they lost because Kobe again failed to make any kind of impact, his other FG was a meaningless 3 pointer with 11 seconds left, and the Celtics having the game in hand...lets just call him the Big No Show in the NBA Finals...he has no iconic moments

Laughing at u stans acting like he would've done shit against those Celtics, when his record in the playoffs proves he can't get shit done

Kobe dick riders talking about competition and defense....let's see... Kobe in 99-2000(4th year,2nd as full time starter) avg 22 pts a game his opposition that year: Reggie Miller, Steve Smith, Nick Anderson,A.Hardaway, Barry, Strickland, Peeler, Daniels, Iverson, Houston, Hughes, Stackhouse, Piatkowski, Posey, Dickerson, Majerle, McGrady, Mobley, Pierce, Pearson, Sealy, Wahad, Eisley, Porter, Allen, Sura, Finley, Mercer, Elie, Rider, Legler, Chapman, Griffin, Nesby....lol...the same dudes that at age 34-35 Jordan was avg 28-30ppg against and winning league MVP's

AND IT ENEDED IN HIS 5TH OF THEM SHINY THANGS:oldlol:

andgar923
05-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Yup because he has proven he shits on top rated defenses his entire career....:roll:

Tell him to avg more than 23 ppg against a 6'4, 35 year old PG...gtfoh:oldlol:

Basically.

Does anybody remember how that 6'4 white dude from Orlando d'd him up in the Finals as well?

Calabis
05-12-2011, 12:02 PM
the OP said in his PRIME, not Kobe in his what 13th-14th season in the L?

What the "f" is prime Kobe to u stans....so u want to take a 2nd year player in MJ(22 years of age, coming off a broken ankle) with a piss poor team to win against one of the greatest teams in NBA history....vs Kobe Bryant at 27-28 who lost to the Suns and missed the playoffs??? Somehow this equates to he would have beat those Celtics???? LMAO!!!!

Kobe: 34yos Miller(38%), Snow(41%), Kittles(52% yeahhhh), Hamilton/Prince(38%), Allen 2x(41%&40%), Lee(rookie)/Pietrus(43%) real studs there guy

juju151111
05-12-2011, 12:04 PM

Games 3 & 4:

Calabis spitting fire:cheers: :lol Kobe fans are hurt.

kaiiu
05-12-2011, 12:04 PM
MJ WOULD BE NOTHING MORE THAN A POOR MANS TONY ALLEN IF HE PLAYED TODAY:violin:

brownmamba00
05-12-2011, 12:06 PM
What the "f" is prime Kobe to u stans....so u want to take a 2nd year player in MJ(22 years of age, coming off a broken ankle) with a piss poor team to win against one of the greatest teams in NBA history....vs Kobe Bryant at 27-28 who lost to the Suns and missed the playoffs??? Somehow this equates to he would have beat those Celtics???? LMAO!!!!

Kobe: 34yos Miller(38%), Snow(41%), Kittles(52% yeahhhh), Hamilton/Prince(38%), Allen 2x(41%&40%), Lee(rookie)/Pietrus(43%) real studs there guy

Chill out brah, im not saying Kobe would beat the '86 just saying Kobe's not in his prime anymore and the Mavs series shouldnt be compared to prime Jordan.
If you're going to compare them atleast do it right:confusedshrug:

Jordan stans can be so insecure at times:rolleyes:

Calabis
05-12-2011, 12:07 PM
AND IT ENEDED IN HIS 5TH OF THEM SHINY THANGS:oldlol:

Yeah because he carried that team...with no help from Fisher Game 5 fourth quarter performance, and Gasol, Artest....yeah nice comparison....where was Kobe with Parker and Mhim again??? Quit talking, because u are like the rest of the trolls, no facts just hypotheticals, what ifs and the land of make believe.....Kobe's overall playoff performances are pedestrian when compared to MJ

andgar923
05-12-2011, 12:08 PM

Sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbQnLnYoINI&feature=channel_video_title

Calabis
05-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Chill out brah, im not saying Kobe would beat the '86 just saying Kobe's not in his prime anymore and the Mavs series shouldnt be compared to prime Jordan.
If you're going to compare them atleast do it right:confusedshrug:

My bad....exactly compare 27-28 seasoned Kobe to 22 year old coming off a broke foot MJ....nice comparison by the OP

kaiiu
05-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Yeah because he carried that team...with no help from Fisher Game 5 fourth quarter performance, and Gasol, Artest....yeah nice comparison....where was Kobe with Parker and Mhim again??? Quit talking, because u are like the rest of the trolls, no facts just hypotheticals, what ifs and the land of make believe.....Kobe's overall playoff performances are pedestrian when compared to MJ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEj5hauWPxk&feature=player_detailpage
:sleeping

Calabis
05-12-2011, 12:10 PM

Kobe Bryant nothing more than a 6'6 Allen Iverson/Dominique Wilkins, with great bigs/teams carrying him to chips:roll:

Ne 1
05-12-2011, 12:14 PM

Jordan stans:

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/11/10/33de8e47-d6d6-4d31-ba9a-8aef5d97b2a3.jpg

Whatfoul?
05-12-2011, 12:15 PM

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10959/49_gtfo_2.gif

kaiiu
05-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Kobe Bryant nothing more than a 6'6 Allen Iverson/Dominique Wilkins, with great bigs/teams carrying him to chips:roll:
Pippen carried MJ to at least 3 of his fluky ass rings:oldlol:

juju151111
05-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Pippen carried MJ to at least 3 of his fluky ass rings:oldlol:
He did? Which ones?

Calabis
05-12-2011, 12:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEj5hauWPxk&feature=player_detailpage
:sleeping

Yeah you are sleeping, no need for Kobe to have been down 3-0 to Mavs(thru first 3 games), he got better production than any of MJ's second three peat

1996: Kukoc: 13 PPG/42%FG/80%FT/4.6 reb/3.5 ast/.33 blk/.83 stl

Pippen: 15.6 PPG/34%FG/68%FT/8.1 reb/5.3 ast/1.3 blk/2.3 stl

Rodman: 7.5 PPG/48% FG/64% FT/14.6 reb/2.5 ast/0.16 blk/1.3 stl

Total Avg: 12.03 PPG/41%FG/70.6% FT/9.1 reb/3.76 ast/.59 blk/1.47 stl

Total of Prod: 36.1 PPG/27.3 Reb/11.3 ast

1997: Kukoc: 8.0 PPG/40.5 FG%/80% FT/3.1 reb/2.6 ast/0.0 blk/.16 stl

Pippen: 20.0 PPG/42%FG/77.7 FT/8.3 reb/3.5 ast/1.83 blk/1.6 stl

Rodman: 2.3 PPG/25% FG/33% FT/7.6 reb/1.5 ast/.16 blk/0.5 stl

Total Avg: 10.1 PPG/35.8% FG/63.3%FT/6.3 reb/2.5 ast/.66 blk/.75 stl

Total of Prod: 30.3 PPG/19 Rebs/7.6 ast

1998: Kukoc: 15.1 PPG/50% FG/69% FT/4.6 reb/2.6 ast/.66 blk/1.16 stl

Pippen: 15.6 PPG/40.9%FG/83% FT/6.8 reb/4.6 ast/.83 blk/1.6 stl

Rodman: 3.3 PPG/46% FG/66% FT/8.3 reb/1.0 ast/.33 blk/1.16 stl

Total Avg: 11.3 PPG/45.6% FG/72.6 FT/6.56 reb/2.73 ast/.60/1.30 stl

Total of Prod: 34 PPG/19.7 rebs/8.2 ast

Kobe 2011 bananas:

Gasol: 13.3 PPG/42% FG/66% FT/9.6 rebs/3.3 ast/.66 blk/.33 stl

Bynum: 15.6 PPG/57% FG/1.000 FT/9.3 rebs/1.0 ast/.66 blk/.33 stl

Odom: 13.0 PPG/42% FG/77% FT/9.0 rebs/ 2.6 ast/.66 blk/.33 stl

Total Avg: 13.9 PPG/47% FG/81% FT/9.3 rebs/2.3 ast/.66 blk/.33 stl

Total of Prod: 41.9 PPG/27.9 rebs/5.9 ast

Guess Kobe would have carried those teams too???:roll: 32-35 year old MJ winning chips, 32 year old Kobe getting swept with the best front court and highest paid roster in the league.....

Kobe failing to do Work...A Calabis Joint