PDA

View Full Version : Do we have real ball players among us on ISH?

DStebb716
03-21-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm talking NBA or College stars.

I know some players have made comments in the past about how they actually have accounts on message boards just because they love to talk basketball and it's hard to do under their real name so they like to make a username and talk ball. You think there are any NBA players among us? SHOW YOURSELVES. Obviously nobody is going to come out, but I am on to some of you.

ginobli2311
03-21-2011, 03:22 PM
i played in college around 20 years ago.

not saying where are for who because i don't want people to track me down and kill me for being a kobe hater.

get these NETS
03-21-2011, 03:29 PM

not saying where are for who because i don't want people to track me down and kill me for being a kobe hater.

school team or intramural?

no shots.....real question

technically I can say I played ball in college too

ThaSwagg3r
03-21-2011, 03:31 PM
I played for Michigan about a decade again, I would have played for Duke if they accepted me....ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mad:

ALL BLACKS THAT GO TO DUKE ARE UNCLE TOMS!!!!!!!! :mad:

olddangerfield
03-21-2011, 03:33 PM
I doubt there are very many highly recruited D1 prospects or NBA players on ISH. Maybe on some other forums but there's too many trolls on ISH for players of that caliber to waste time on a forum like this.

There might be a decent amount of people who played in high school and maybe college but I'm willing to bet that there are much more people who have never played organized basketball than those who have(short of church or rec leagues).

And just for the record yes I have played organized basketball on some level, that's how i can tell if somebody obviously hasn't, i.e: the majority of the the people on here who cling to stats, especially advanced stats *cough ginobli.

kurple
03-21-2011, 03:36 PM
There is no such thing as organized basketball in Norway.. All we have is polar bear racing

Go Getter
03-21-2011, 03:45 PM
I played in HS and had an offer to play in college but let my ego get in the way so I took a academic scholarship instead.

8BeastlyXOIAD
03-21-2011, 03:46 PM
I Smoke Weed And Talk About Beasley 4 A Living

Hihater
03-21-2011, 03:51 PM
We all know but thx for sharing.

ashbelly
03-21-2011, 03:51 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

I do but don't want to mention who i play for. Might get cut if they found out who i am. :oldlol:

8BeastlyXOIAD
03-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Ashbelly college or NBA?

ginobli2311
03-21-2011, 03:56 PM
school team or intramural?

no shots.....real question

technically I can say I played ball in college too

division 1. school team. pac-10.

thats all you get. i wasn't very good, but i got some playing time. made the tournament once my senior year.

LA_Showtime
03-21-2011, 03:56 PM
College? Hell no. I played varsity for three years, though.

Hihater
03-21-2011, 03:57 PM

I do but don't want to mention who i play for. Might get cut if they found out who i am. :oldlol:
thats funny ashbelly.

Do middle school count? lol but i still play ball time to time.

AirTupac
03-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Ashbelly plays grade school basketball.

LA_Showtime
03-21-2011, 03:58 PM

Why would you get cut for saying you play on a college basketball team? Idiot.

The Dream
03-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Yea sure.........
I mean Waldus is probably Ron artest
Pleezebelieve/ashbelly = Mo Williams
Ginobili2311= Smush Parker
Lastchancetowin= Jared Jeffries
KGMVP= Kendrick perkins

vert48
03-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Played basketball, volleyball and ran track at a JC. Played D1 volleyball, and won an NC.

8BeastlyXOIAD
03-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Yea sure.........
I mean Waldus is probably Ron artest
Pleezebelieve/ashbelly = Mo Williams
Ginobili2311= Smush Parker
Lastchancetowin= Jared Jeffries
KGMVP= Kendrick perkins
:roll: :roll: :roll: :oldlol:

LeFraud Shames
03-21-2011, 04:02 PM

I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with your incompetence in real life.

My condolences to your family.

Suckafree
03-21-2011, 04:25 PM
I've played for age groups for a certain country in the south pacific and am probably going to BYU next year

Junior G
03-21-2011, 04:30 PM
kemba walker here

Xsatyr
03-21-2011, 04:32 PM
I don't play but I am kind of a freelance scout, I watch little boys play at my local park.

8BeastlyXOIAD
03-21-2011, 04:33 PM
I don't play but I am kind of a freelance scout, I watch little boys play at my local park.

http://broadstreetbuzz.com/files/2011/02/chris_hansen_large.jpg

KingBeasley08
03-21-2011, 04:33 PM
played JV last two years and am now riding the bench for varsity :oldlol:

not gonna make it to college. id rather get into maryland or somewhere

DStebb716
03-21-2011, 04:34 PM
kemba walker here

Haha, you wish.

Myself, I played three years of varsity ball. Team captain for two years. Started every game that I wasn't suspended for any length of time (I was suspended for the first quarter twice). Play a lot here at college, but not on the D1 team here at my school. Not that good, but I'm decent.

Batz
03-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Why would you get cut for saying you play on a college basketball team? Idiot.
Because he doesn't...

olddangerfield
03-21-2011, 04:35 PM

lol wow

DStebb716
played JV last two years and am now riding the bench for varsity :oldlol:

not gonna make it to college. id rather get into maryland or somewhere

Maryland has such an incredible campus. Visited and so badly wanted to go there. I am applying to go there next year in the Spring semester. Shouldn't have a problem getting in because my college GPA has been 3.5+ for two semesters in a row.

Dwade305
Yea JJ Barea is my dawg
http://www.primerahora.com/XStatic/primerahora/images/espanol/20090721_accionbal_2159103.jpg

Ariza4three
03-21-2011, 04:36 PM

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll75/TexasRevolutionary/Troll/chris-hansen.gif

Xsatyr
03-21-2011, 04:36 PM

Damn they're on to me. :mad:

DStebb716
03-21-2011, 04:37 PM
What about future NBA players that current ISH members are in school with? How about past or current NBA players that ISH members went to school with in high school or college?

I am currently going to school at St. Bonaventure University where a very underrated prospect (who is currently projected late first, early second in next year's draft) by the name of Andrew Nicholson. 6'9 power forward with a 7'2 wingspan.

crisoner
03-21-2011, 04:47 PM

Playing in your Mom's basement does not count.

DStebb716
03-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Playing in your Mom's basement does not count.

That'd suck if he got cut from there. He wouldn't be safe and would get killed when he kept up his blatant idiocy.

rwfletch22
03-21-2011, 04:53 PM
Never played.....but I am an asst. coach at a local high school

KingBeasley08
03-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Maryland has such an incredible campus. Visited and so badly wanted to go there. I am applying to go there next year in the Spring semester. Shouldn't have a problem getting in because my college GPA has been 3.5+ for two semesters in a row.
yea living here its a dream to go there. My unweighted GPA is a 3.3 not great but I think its decent. 1910 on my sat is ok and the average for there so im hoping my extra-ciriculars get me in

asdf1990
03-21-2011, 05:08 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/pedobear_scores_The_Best_of_Pedo_Bear-s800x600-42705.jpg
http://files.sharenator.com/Pedo_bear_trap_The_Best_of_Pedo_Bear-s630x654-42701.jpg

Jesus Allen
03-21-2011, 05:11 PM
I play JV in high school lol... not much competition in Toronto schools though.

Clutch
03-21-2011, 05:13 PM
I forgot to introduce myself.

I'm Toni Kukoč,I hope you remember me.

:lol

Grim
03-21-2011, 05:17 PM
I was gonna stunt and say no, but **** it I'll be truthful...

I play D-1 football for a big school. if I said my name and yall dont know me then kill yaself lmaooooo

aint revealing my name tho.

Grim
03-21-2011, 05:19 PM
oh and b4 any asks...yes we do get paid, but it's through cars and other gifts like that.

all the stars on ya college team got the hook up

gotbacon23
03-21-2011, 05:33 PM
What about future NBA players that current ISH members are in school with? How about past or current NBA players that ISH members went to school with in high school or college?

i went to boston college for 2 years and then transfered to georgetown for my remaining 2 years of college.

when i was at boston college (2003-2005), jared dudley and craig smith were on the bball team. didn't know them though but jared dudley and QB matt ryan both lived in the same dorm as me freshman year. i was too much of a dork/nervous/shy to ever talk to them though. other nfl players were there when i was too, bj rajji on the packers, ron brace on the patriots, jo -lonn dunbar on the saints, and mattias kianikwa on the giants to name a few but i didnt know any of um personally.

when i was at georgetown (2005-2007), roy hibbert, jeff green, and dajuan summers were there as well. my senior year second semester at georgetown we made the final 4. dajuan summers (on the pistons) and jessie sapp (who never made the NBA and plays in europe now) were in my drawing class then which was pretty cool cause the whole class was only like 15 people. didnt know them real well though. i took the class for fun anyway cause i finished up my requirements.

Droid101
03-21-2011, 05:37 PM
I played for about a week for UC: Irvine.

We had the second best record in the country that year, and STILL didn't get an automatic berth to the tourney. Bullshit!! :rant

Crown&Coke
03-21-2011, 05:40 PM
oh and b4 any asks...yes we do get paid, but it's through cars and other gifts like that.

all the stars on ya college team got the hook up

I hope you are legit? I got a couple q's

Is it widely known around your team that you get hook ups? Like your coaches or AD? Do other players know?

Do agents try to get at you, or people who the agents send towards you? What about boosters, like old alums, do they try and give you stuff too?

sorry for the 21 questions but that is interesting stuff.

And get what you can, them D1 schools making millions of you guys yet suspend kids for selling their own shit, thats messed up.

FindingTim
03-21-2011, 05:55 PM
kemba walker here

for some weird reason I actually believe you.

Eat Like A Bosh
03-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Forget this thread.
Of course we don't. I betcha that nobody on this forum is an actual NBA player.

There are so many trolls/no lifers here that I doubt anyone here is legit. Anyone who is a pro basketball player whether in college or the pros won't have the time to waste on these forums all day long.

I played JV in my sophomore year, that's it. I;m more of a streetballer, and that's as a hobby.

Grim
03-21-2011, 06:10 PM
I aint da only athlete on forums btw and I'm not even where I play right now. I don't post where I play incase mods try to track me. I'm actually on my boy's laptop tbh. that is why I don't post as much.

i just figured I'd mention that because someone tried that shit on another site with a teammate of mine.

I hope you are legit? I got a couple q's

Is it widely known around your team that you get hook ups? Like your coaches or AD? Do other players know?

Do agents try to get at you, or people who the agents send towards you? What about boosters, like old alums, do they try and give you stuff too?

sorry for the 21 questions but that is interesting stuff.

And get what you can, them D1 schools making millions of you guys yet suspend kids for selling their own shit, thats messed up.

yeah it is known. the school does it.

my QB had a Navigator waiting for him...and I believe free food from any restaurant in the CITY, not anywhere else.

we tried getting a certain player yall know about...had a car and some other shit, I forgot specifically. when he said he was gonna commit to a rival school, we offered a better car and some cash...still went to other school. :facepalm

boosters and alumni dont really get involved at my school, I'm not sure if they know, but I would assume they do tbh. it's not much of a secret if you know the school personally(student/alumni/employee, etc).

the schools that get caught are dumbasses for real. all of us players and schools that dont get caught really laugh at these schools.

coaches and ADs sort of get nervous though. politics run college ball.

Grim
03-21-2011, 06:14 PM
Forget this thread.
Of course we don't. I betcha that nobody on this forum is an actual NBA player.

There are so many trolls/no lifers here that I doubt anyone here is legit. Anyone who is a pro basketball player whether in college or the pros won't have the time to waste on these forums all day long.

I played JV in my sophomore year, that's it. I;m more of a streetballer, and that's as a hobby.
Not 100% true.

there are a few popular athletes that post on forums or HAVE...

idk bout NBA players since I play football, but I been posted on forums since I was young. i won't stop. I just post anonymously and from someone else's comp.

and players DO have time. check the tweets, now equate that to some forum posts.

some players are egotistical and others are self conscious and wanna make sure people like them. others, like myself, just wanna post without having media or people spreading "omg so and so said so and so sucks"

Jaguars players post on their forum...that is the only example I have for pro players tho.

-edit- for obvious reasons there are certain questions I can't answer. there are also things I have to switch up as well.

BoxOutBOXOUT
03-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Mark McNamara here, folks.

Yes, THE Mark McNamara.

http://www.latimes.com/includes/projects/img/lakers/bio_photos/mark_mcnamara.jpg

alenleomessi
03-21-2011, 06:37 PM
I do play i dont think u can call it pro because the league and competition suck, players dont get paid and usually have 7 jobs. My friend will get transferred to belgrade next year so i hope he can success because here u cant do shit

DJmicah
03-21-2011, 06:41 PM
I remember back on the 2ksports forums we had Cory Joseph from Texas, back then he was a senior and one of the "top" ballers comin out of high school, he dosent post that much anymore(nobody does really lol)

lebob23
03-21-2011, 06:48 PM
I was the best player a good middle school team, I was also on a travel team

until high school. Then I put averaged 17 in 11 playing forward on JV. At one

point in the beginning of high school I was great and was playing with division 2

players on weekends. Then midway during the playoffs I tore my meniscus in

one knee and a tendon in another. I came back a year later but I had lost

my first step, and ability to leap on the drive. So I played as a sixth man

with starter minutes because I had to play against weaker offensive players

because I had lost my lateral quickness. Then in the first year of college I

got my hops back, but I still have no lateral quickness. (cartilage and bone

heals but tendons never do). Now I play with division 2 scrubs from a below

average team...

Crown&Coke
03-21-2011, 06:52 PM
I aint da only athlete on forums btw and I'm not even where I play right now. I don't post where I play incase mods try to track me. I'm actually on my boy's laptop tbh. that is why I don't post as much.

i just figured I'd mention that because someone tried that shit on another site with a teammate of mine.

yeah it is known. the school does it.

my QB had a Navigator waiting for him...and I believe free food from any restaurant in the CITY, not anywhere else.

we tried getting a certain player yall know about...had a car and some other shit, I forgot specifically. when he said he was gonna commit to a rival school, we offered a better car and some cash...still went to other school. :facepalm

boosters and alumni dont really get involved at my school, I'm not sure if they know, but I would assume they do tbh. it's not much of a secret if you know the school personally(student/alumni/employee, etc).

the schools that get caught are dumbasses for real. all of us players and schools that dont get caught really laugh at these schools.

coaches and ADs sort of get nervous though. politics run college ball.

damn G, thanks for the info. I didn't know it was like THAT!

thomaspynchon
03-21-2011, 06:54 PM
division 1. school team. pac-10.

thats all you get. i wasn't very good, but i got some playing time. made the tournament once my senior year.

Are you Australian? You always say 'mate.'

lebob23
03-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Im Kobe, who wants to touch me?

BarberSchool
03-21-2011, 06:57 PM
I played at the college level.
For a sh!tty school. :pimp:

spillo88
03-21-2011, 07:07 PM
nothing to major for me i played state league

DonCorleone
03-21-2011, 07:13 PM
I'm Gilbert Arenas.

lebob23
03-21-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm Gilbert Arenas.

hahah your career is over, but you have tons of money so :cheers:

GTFO liar

DStebb716
03-21-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm Gilbert Arenas.

Troll, get out of here.

Sicknote
03-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Nope, but I've played in a couple local rec tourneys.

Calabis
03-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Could have played at a JUCO in New Mexico, I was a late bloomer......then I had the opportunity to play against a freshly drafted Chris Webber(Warriors), who had come to a local camp.....,although I was younger, seeing someone move that fast that big and strong was a eye opener, played against Tim Hardaway(Warrior) days, another lesson in "real" basketball.....at that point I decided to join the military, played on my base teams, who believe it or not, usually was guys who played DI level ball.

Since then played against guys like Lindsey Hunter, Mike Bibby, Jason Terry, Dickerson, J. Howard, Kenny Thomas....I wish I had a vid of Bibby crossing this guy up so bad, he just fell flat on his face...:lol

AlphaWolf24
03-21-2011, 07:30 PM
seems like alot of people have a hard time differentiating "Star"....and random average highschool/college bench player.

Like someone said earlier...maybe a few, but it would take a very special star to put up with internet keyboard warriors.

No "star" here......But got to play against quite a few... J Kidd,lamond Murray, Tracy Murray , Randy Duck , Gerald "Sky " Walker, Sharif Abdul raheem and alot of other Bay Area play ground legends.

speaking of Cali. Legends....J Kidd to Lamond - Rare >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0rX_bX4JMo&feature=channel_video_title

DonCorleone
03-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Troll, get out of here.

I am Gilbert Arenas. See
http://turbo.indyposted.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Gilbert-arenas-faked-injury-258x300.jpg

lebob23
03-21-2011, 07:33 PM
seems like alot of people have a hard time differentiating "Star"....and random average highschool/college bench player.

Like someone said earlier...maybe a few, but it would take a very special star to put up with internet keyboard warriors.

Because I matured very early I was the star of my middle school team :confusedshrug: Think about it this way I was basically 2-3 years older than some of the other players on my team. So I dominated the games. then I hit my ceiling two years later, yeah I am not very good but for my technical age at 13 I was amazing.

XxSMSxX
03-21-2011, 07:34 PM

How old are you?

DStebb716
03-21-2011, 07:42 PM
I am Gilbert Arenas. See
http://turbo.indyposted.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Gilbert-arenas-faked-injury-258x300.jpg

Seriously, how old are you? You act so childish on these boards..

Bandito
03-21-2011, 07:42 PM
How old are you?
Dude he should be like 44 or so...:wtf: I feel so young now...:lol

AlphaWolf24
03-21-2011, 07:43 PM

Pics or GTFO

inclinerator
03-21-2011, 07:43 PM
currently playing d1

AlphaWolf24
03-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Could have played at a JUCO in New Mexico, I was a late bloomer......then I had the opportunity to play against a freshly drafted Chris Webber(Warriors), who had come to a local camp.....,although I was younger, seeing someone move that fast that big and strong was a eye opener, played against Tim Hardaway(Warrior) days, another lesson in "real" basketball.....at that point I decided to join the military, played on my base teams, who believe it or not, usually was guys who played DI level ball.

Since then played against guys like Lindsey Hunter, Mike Bibby, Jason Terry, Dickerson, J. Howard, Kenny Thomas....I wish I had a vid of Bibby crossing this guy up so bad, he just fell flat on his face...:lol

where?....Albuquerque?

DStebb716
03-21-2011, 07:45 PM
currently playing d1

What school? Or at least what conference?

Eat Like A Bosh
03-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Everyone posting here saying that they are a certain NBA or college player is lying.
If they really were someone famous, they would definitely not be stupid enough to admit it.
Just the same as why Celebs don't post their own phone # on their page.

Droid101
03-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Ah, didn't mention who I played with.

Sean Jackson (playing in Europe last I checked)

Jerry Green, MVP of a league in Germany (IRVINE, Calif. --- Former UC Irvine men's basketball standout Jerry Green has been named Most Valuable Player of the Bundesliga League in Germany. That is the premier league in Germany. He averaged 15.9 points, 5.2 assists and 4.2 rebounds for EnBW Ludwigsburg this season.

The 6-3 guard played at UCI from 1998-2002 and is the school's career scoring leader with 1,993 points. He was Big West Conference Player of the Year and Associated Press Honorable Mention All-America in 2001 and 2002. )

And ADAM PARADA! Yes! The one and only! Mexico National Team! Kings and Lakers summer league STAR.

DonCorleone
03-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Seriously, how old are you? You act so childish on these boards..

I act childish because this is not reality. It is the internet.

redsoxballer
03-21-2011, 08:03 PM
I played for the Timberwolves one year and dunked on Scottie Pippen :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

then I played overseas and got Turkish ***** :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

DonCorleone
03-21-2011, 08:04 PM
I played for the Timberwolves one year and dunked on Scottie Pippen :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

then I played overseas and got Turkish ***** :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Shaquille O'neal had sex with my wife.

Rose
03-21-2011, 08:10 PM
There's a guy on here right now that plays pro in Europe, but I won't name names.

And it wouldn't surprise me if some of the older, more experienced ISHers played college. or something.

Jordan23GOAT
03-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Just puttin it out there. I don't see anyone who did ACTUALLY go pro or start on a d1 college team saying their name. It would be idiotic.

AlphaWolf24
03-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Just puttin it out there. I don't see anyone who did ACTUALLY go pro or start on a d1 college team saying their name. It would be idiotic.

Could you imagine if Delonte West stopped by for about an hour...to say Hi to ISH.:eek:

Imagine the feedback:bowdown:

The Interwebz would explode

JerrySteakhouse
03-21-2011, 08:23 PM
I had the potential to be a College star (not in D1 though) till I blew my knee out as a junior in HS. Now I play in some random league and I notice a huge difference in my game since I got injured.

D.J.
03-21-2011, 08:25 PM
I couldn't play in high school because of grades. I played with the high school kids regularly outside of school and dominated. If I did better in class, I would have played for my high school team and probably would have balled with Ron Artest at St. Johns. But, this was 15 years ago. I'm 32 now and those days are over.

lebob23
03-21-2011, 08:25 PM
I had the potential to be a College star (not in D1 though) till I blew my knee out as a junior in HS. Now I play in some random league and I notice a huge difference in my game since I got injured.

Yeah, well that happens to a lot of people :cheers:

LA_Showtime
03-21-2011, 08:27 PM

A college star or a college player? :oldlol:

DStebb716
03-21-2011, 08:33 PM
I couldn't play in high school because of grades. I played with the high school kids regularly outside of school and dominated. If I did better in class, I would have played for my high school team and probably would have balled with Ron Artest at St. Johns. But, this was 15 years ago. I'm 32 now and those days are over.

The proof is in the pudding here. You're lying. Your ISH label is "local high school star" and that means your grades were better than you're leading on.

/Sarcasm.

lebob23
03-21-2011, 08:35 PM
The proof is in the pudding here. You're lying. Your ISH label is "local high school star" and that means your grades were better than you're leading on.

/Sarcasm.

nah I see were your getting at loser= good grades or good enough to play ball, unless hes retarded

IGOTGAME
03-21-2011, 08:37 PM
I played small college ball. It was fun.

DStebb716
03-21-2011, 08:38 PM
nah I see were your getting at loser= good grades or good enough to play ball, unless hes retarded

Translate please.

D.J.
03-21-2011, 08:43 PM

/Sarcasm.

I wish my grades were better than I'm leading on. I failed on average, two classes a marking period(except the last one), but I got a passing grade for the overall semester because I usually passed the finals and the teachers had no choice but to pass me.

lebob23
03-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Translate please.

People who spend their time on forums are usually just average lazy people and arent stupid.

DStebb716
03-21-2011, 09:20 PM
People who spend their time on forums are usually just average lazy people and arent stupid.

Yea, but some of us aren't lazy at all. I get out and play ball almost every day because the facilities here on campus are very solid.

lebob23
03-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Yea, but some of us aren't lazy at all. I get out and play ball almost every day because the facilities here on campus are very solid.

Yeah, well some people arent so lucky. Im only able to play 2-3 times a week because of knee issues. but what I meant was mentally lazy

JerrySteakhouse
03-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Yeah, well that happens to a lot of people :cheers:

Tore my ACL + ligaments in my ankles + fully dislocated my right shoulder +....

I was very injury prone, ****ed my future good so I hung up my sneaks and only play occasionally now.

JerrySteakhouse
03-21-2011, 09:56 PM
A college star or a college player? :oldlol:

Well if I was playing D2 I honestly think I could have been a star, not saying I'd be the best or anything but a key piece on my squad. I'm still pretty good but now I can only be a role players since I'm almost one dimensional after I ****ed my knees/ankles up. :facepalm

StephCurry
03-21-2011, 10:07 PM
I play for the Golden State Warriors. Actually, I'm playing RIGHT NOW against the Spurs. See me on TV!

Steph

lebob23
03-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Same here just not as good, well I never had a chance, I lost my knees when I was 15:banghead:

lebob23
03-21-2011, 10:08 PM
I play for the Golden State Warriors. Actually, I'm playing RIGHT NOW against the Spurs. See me on TV!

Steph

steph is usually a nickname for a girl named stephane

JerrySteakhouse
03-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Same here just not as good, well I never had a chance, I lost my knees when I was 15:banghead:

You balled alot on them hard pavement floors eh? Shit is hard on your knees, thats what I blame for my bad knees. :(

Lost so much range when bending my knee, till this day I still can't lay/sit on my knees.

Junior G
03-21-2011, 11:28 PM
for some weird reason I actually believe you.

there's no reason not to.

anyone got us winning it all? cuz it will happen.

lebob23
03-21-2011, 11:45 PM
You balled alot on them hard pavement floors eh? Shit is hard on your knees, thats what I blame for my bad knees. :(

Lost so much range when bending my knee, till this day I still can't lay/sit on my knees.

Yeah, I played in a rock hard gym, (concrete actually), My knees fail me after a half hour of ballin and then I can barely take a lay up, it also affected my outside shot. Now all I can do is steal the ball and work on my midrange game. At five seven I could dunk on 9.5" but now I can barely touch rim (on a good day) But I have researched it and all but tendon problems will be fixed in the near future but it might be too late for us. The FDAA hasnt approved testing yet or something. But the research is almost complete. Soon they will be taking the next step after microfracture . And actual rebuilding of cartilage will be possible. I just hope im not 45 yrs old with nothing left in me...:violin:

Tlova
03-21-2011, 11:48 PM
Played at JFK High School with Dwight Hardy (St. Johns) and two years of D3 ball.

TaLvsCuaL
03-21-2011, 11:53 PM
I once played a game in the schoolyard with Barkley, remember we bet the sandwich. He obviously won. :lol

lebob23
03-21-2011, 11:54 PM
Played at JFK High School with Dwight Hardy (St. Johns) and two years of D3 ball.

Which JFK high school? edit:oh bronx

JerrySteakhouse
03-22-2011, 12:13 AM
Yeah, I played in a rock hard gym, (concrete actually), My knees fail me after a half hour of ballin and then I can barely take a lay up, it also affected my outside shot. Now all I can do is steal the ball and work on my midrange game. At five seven I could dunk on 9.5" but now I can barely touch rim (on a good day) But I have researched it and all but tendon problems will be fixed in the near future but it might be too late for us. The FDAA hasnt approved testing yet or something. But the research is almost complete. Soon they will be taking the next step after microfracture . And actual rebuilding of cartilage will be possible. I just hope im not 45 yrs old with nothing left in me...:violin:

Well I consider my basketball career over, I'm 21 and my knees are like a 45 year olds. :(

I use to be able to dunk 9.5ish before I got injured too, now I don't even try jumping around. All I do is take outside jumpers, every time I drive in I have it in my mind that i'll twist my ankle or injury my knee or even worse because it has happened so many times already.

lebob23
03-22-2011, 12:18 AM
Well I consider my basketball career over, I'm 21 and my knees are like a 45 year olds. :(

I use to be able to dunk 9.5ish before I got injured too, now I don't even try jumping around. All I do is take outside jumpers, every time I drive in I have it in my mind that i'll twist my ankle or injury my knee or even worse because it has happened so many times already.

Yeah, I get the same feeling, and a couple friends who have had similiar experiences say the same thing. I think we all need psychotherapy JK, My outside did improve though and I can get hot from deep but its still painful to take a real jumpshot. I only really got injured once or twice but the recovery process almost make it seem like it isnt worth it. Oh well I still play but just for fun, not competitevly just at the local gym or at college

HighFlyer23
03-22-2011, 01:41 AM
I have playground record of going undefeated against kobe wankers but thats about it

HylianNightmare
03-22-2011, 07:28 AM
Seminole Community College bench warmer right here:rockon: :oldlol:

tomtucker
03-22-2011, 07:45 AM

hello Greg........:D

Maga_1
03-22-2011, 07:56 AM
There's a guy on here right now that plays pro in Europe, but I won't name names.

And it wouldn't surprise me if some of the older, more experienced ISHers played college. or something.

Who is that guy? :lol

Oh yeah it's me you can tell them lol

lilojmayo
03-26-2011, 05:52 AM
Who is that guy? :lol

Oh yeah it's me you can tell them lol

^^^^^^ It's this guy. How did your season go btw

I was on the gray team at my D1 school before this season. I am on the younger side of my grade, still technically a teenager in age. The coaching personnel and myself actually having a meeting next week I believe about the possibility of me walking on next school year.

I am also looking at possibly transferring to a smaller school this summer, but not going to lie something about going to school just to play ball is going to be hard for me to do, since at the end of the day I really don't enjoy playing basketball that much

lilojmayo
03-26-2011, 05:57 AM
Well if I was playing D2 I honestly think I could have been a star, not saying I'd be the best or anything but a key piece on my squad. I'm still pretty good but now I can only be a role players since I'm almost one dimensional after I ****ed my knees/ankles up. :facepalm

Not saying you could or couldn't

but the upper quarter of D2 players are no joke, they are all really good. My training partner when I am home, is the same age as me and plays D2. Their team this year was #1 ranked D2 team in the country and they smashed the D1 team they played ( forgot off my head) but beat them by like 30 points.

thomaspynchon
03-26-2011, 06:23 AM
^^^^^^ It's this guy.

I was on the gray team at my D1 school before this season. I am on the younger side of my grade, still technically a teenager in age. The coaching personnel and myself actually having a meeting next week I believe about the possibility of me walking on next school year.

I am also looking at possibly transferring to a smaller school this summer, but not going to lie something about going to school just to play ball is going to be hard for me to do, since at the end of the day I really don't enjoy playing basketball that much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsQVGlk4KRc a short clip

Seems like you are faking yourself out half the time during your moves. nice clip though, man.

monkeypox
03-26-2011, 06:41 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if there were some college or young players posting, but I doubt any stars would bother posting incognito. I know enough vaguely famous people and some of them posted in secret at the beginning of their careers, but it's only a matter of time before the stupidity gets to them and they just quit. The only ones that still do, do it openly for their fans and whatnot but use fake names on everything else, even their facebook pages and side businesses they own, to keep that separation to their private life. For one of my friends the breaking point was when a disgruntled fan posted his unlisted home address and the names of his wife's sisters online because he thought he was getting moderated unfairly on the fan site.

lilojmayo
03-26-2011, 07:02 AM
Seems like you are faking yourself out half the time during your moves. nice clip though, man.

wasnt my best clip, my handles were really sloppy in clip, since was just doing random moves

ZenMaster
03-26-2011, 07:10 AM
Not saying you could or couldn't

but the upper quarter of D2 players are no joke, they are all really good. My training partner when I am home, is the same age as me and plays D2. Their team this year was #1 ranked D2 team in the country and they smashed the D1 team they played ( forgot off my head) but beat them by like 30 points.

Yeah plenty of those guys can play, I know a former NCAA D2 player of the year and that guy was awesome until he blew out his knee.

thomaspynchon
03-26-2011, 07:28 AM
wasnt my best clip, my handles were really sloppy in clip, since was just doing random moves

yeah man, still good to get the work out.

You think the grizzlies will finish 7th and upset my mavs?

lilojmayo
03-26-2011, 07:44 AM
yeah man, still good to get the work out.

You think the grizzlies will finish 7th and upset my mavs?

Call me crazy ( am maybe delusional), but I honestly would rather play San Antonio first round. The Grizz have played them tough each time they gone against them this season. They seem to matchup well with them

Nash-tastic
03-26-2011, 07:46 AM
I play in a minor league over here in Malaysia, if nobody believes me I dont really care

thomaspynchon
03-26-2011, 07:47 AM
Call me crazy ( am maybe delusional), but I honestly would rather play San Antonio first round. The Grizz have played them tough each time they gone against them this season. They seem to matchup well with them

I actually think they can beat the Spurs as well. it would bring me as much joy to see the 1 seeded spurs lose in the first round as it would to see the Mavs beat the Lakers. Well, almost.

I hear Double H is balling as of late...true?

d.bball.guy
03-26-2011, 07:48 AM
I play in a minor league over here in Malaysia, if nobody believes me I dont really care
What's your real name, bro?

Nash-tastic
03-26-2011, 07:51 AM
What's your real name, bro?
Are you from Malaysia? :eek:

d.bball.guy
03-26-2011, 07:51 AM
Are you from Malaysia? :eek:
No, but I'm interested about you. I think you have some talent.

iDunk
03-26-2011, 07:55 AM
Dominic McGuire here.

Nash-tastic
03-26-2011, 07:58 AM
No, but I'm interested about you. I think you have some talent.
Check your PM

alenleomessi
03-26-2011, 08:01 AM
Dominic McGuire here.
Actually i believe you :cheers:

NoName22
03-26-2011, 08:03 AM
I think a lot of guys here play with balls.

Nash-tastic
03-26-2011, 08:04 AM
Seems like you speak from experience

NoName22
03-26-2011, 08:05 AM
Seems like you speak from experience

No homo

d.bball.guy
03-26-2011, 08:08 AM
:roll::roll::roll:

Birmingham1955
03-26-2011, 06:37 PM
played in high school, but wasn't very good

Rake2204
03-26-2011, 06:48 PM
I tried out for a low level minor league squad. I just know if they'd kept me we would have been IBL Champs for sure.

http://static.reelmovienews.com/images/gallery/uncle-rico-picture_250x247.jpg

But in all seriousness, that's really as close as it's come for me. I tried out for a minor league squad and was one of the final cuts. I guess we can all draw our own conclusions on that one.

magnax1
03-26-2011, 07:17 PM
I know Maga1 plays in europe, and I'm sure there are a couple guys who post here who play some sort of pro ball, but no way I'm going to believe anyone in here.

Big#50
03-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Does averaging a quad double at the Y count?

AI3Anthony
03-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Even if a real NBA player was on here, none of us would believe them. Lol

BoxOutBOXOUT
03-26-2011, 10:30 PM
I guess you guys missed the part where I admitted I'm former NBA journeyman Mark McNamara.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/images/players/mcnamma01.jpg

FindingTim
03-26-2011, 10:32 PM
I guess you guys missed the part where I admitted I'm former NBA journeyman Mark McNamara.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/images/players/mcnamma01.jpg

unless folks see an unphotoshopped pic of you holding an ISH sign, no one is going to believe you.
But I doubt you really give a s*** if we believe you or not...

Suckafree
03-26-2011, 10:52 PM

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Dill-Sauce/picsorgtfo.jpg

EricGordon23
03-26-2011, 11:02 PM
I have a shot at playing college ball at Mountain state. There sending me down there in June to take a look.

prodnus
03-26-2011, 11:04 PM
Yeah I play with my balls every second night. :pimp:

Warriors fan
03-26-2011, 11:04 PM
i'm one of the top players in the country in the class of 11 i have a legit shot in going pro. I'm playing college ball next year

Maniak
03-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Maga_1 is amazing. That kid plays in high levels in Euro.

Theres a group in the LA area thats pretty good, they posted some vids before of them shooting. That one guy with the mad long hair...haha. Everyone thought he was a chick.

Maniak
03-26-2011, 11:14 PM
I want to post a video of me but i really don't want people to know who i am
Meh, I'll end up attention whoring my talent(if you could call it that) on ISH eventually.

Burgz
03-26-2011, 11:23 PM
got an offer from only one major program, which would have involved me playing prep for a year, so i chose the path of academia since i got into some good schools

ironically enough that school is actually one of the bitter rivals of my all-time favourite college team

Mirjalovic
03-26-2011, 11:39 PM
I used to be play in HS at regional state (i'm not living in USA), not a special player though, but i'm money from 10-15 feet (yeah, weak :lol:), good rebounder & defender, also have good basketball IQ. But my career as a PG (& goalkeeper in Soccer) ended prematurely because the injury/disease who led me to studying medical.

solar.hands
03-26-2011, 11:56 PM
I used to be play in HS at regional state (i'm not living in USA), not a special player though, but i'm money from 10-15 feet (yeah, weak :lol:), good rebounder & defender, also have good basketball IQ. But my career as a PG (& goalkeeper in Soccer) ended prematurely because the injury/disease who led me to studying medical.

r u from the philippines?

Mirjalovic
03-27-2011, 12:13 AM
r u from the philippines?
I'm from Indonesia. Are you a pinoy ? Big props to your country man, very passionate when it comes to basketball, im very jealous :bowdown:

d.bball.guy
03-27-2011, 12:15 AM
I'm from Indonesia. Are you a pinoy ? Big props to your country man, very passionate when it comes to basketball, im very jealous :bowdown:
:cheers:

BoxOutBOXOUT
03-27-2011, 12:24 AM
unless folks see an unphotoshopped pic of you holding an ISH sign, no one is going to believe you.
But I doubt you really give a s*** if we believe you or not...
Will do.

solar.hands
03-27-2011, 12:43 AM

thanks man. But you guys beat us at football/soccer
1 of our players are in there he's jason de jong how is he doing?
btw are you still keeping?