PDA

View Full Version : Kobe sends Vick an Autograph Jersey, tells him to "BE EPIC"

MichaelAngelo
01-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Full Story: http://bit.ly/dMpqYS

Nice gesture by Kobe, Eagles Locker room said to be in awe when they saw it.

http://i51.tinypic.com/b48cxs.jpg (http://bit.ly/dMpqYS)

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-07-2011, 08:54 PM
If I were Vick I would never wash that Jersey and just hang it in a display case.

foutz
01-07-2011, 08:55 PM
cool of gift man

LaysUpBricks
01-07-2011, 08:56 PM
If I were Vick I would never wash that Jersey and just hang it in a display case.

Why would you wash an autographed jersey?

Great notion by Kobe

ashbelly
01-07-2011, 08:57 PM
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204166

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Why would you wash an autographed jersey?

Great notion by Kobe

My point

crisoner
01-07-2011, 09:04 PM

Screw your threads.

ashbelly
01-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Screw your threads.

You don't have to click on them. :rolleyes:

G-Funk
01-07-2011, 09:06 PM
awesome

foutz
01-07-2011, 09:07 PM
crisoner
this of grate tread man. dont of be hator man

LaysUpBricks
01-07-2011, 09:27 PM
My point

My point... I don't think anybody thinks about washing an autographed jersey.

Fuhqueue
01-07-2011, 09:35 PM
I would have to wear it once just to try some fadeaway baseline 3's with two defenders in my face, over the backboard, etc. Just to see if it worked

If it did I would quit my job and start a life earning money on the street courts like Woody Harrelson and Wesley Snipes.

YAWN
01-07-2011, 09:39 PM
did pb call kobe a front runner? :oldlol:

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
01-07-2011, 09:44 PM

lmfao.. who the hell washes an autographed jersey?

N0Skillz
01-07-2011, 09:55 PM
lmfao.. who the hell washes an autographed jersey?

I do, if you look closely some asshole has always written on those "autographed"jerseys as if they have no respect for the other person's property.

I had won a 90-91 authentic autographed Michael Jordan Jersey and when I got it I found out some asshole had written his name all around the back! I threw that shit in the laundry and now its fine so no worries =p

Derka
01-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Pretty awesome thing to have right there. Nice gesture.

Jasper
01-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Aaron Rogers sent Kobe a Jersey last week.

No pic's provided. :milton

nashistheman
01-07-2011, 11:39 PM
It was a nice jester for Kobe to send Micele Vick a signed jersey what he wrote was very ironic because vick has all ready been epic in a very in humane and way with his dog fighting. Me as a animal lover do not think this crimnal should be allowed back in the NFL. Sorry for my rant but I could not help my self

Ne 1
01-07-2011, 11:40 PM
It was a nice jester for Kobe to send Micele Vick a signed jersey what he wrote was very ironic because vick has all ready been epic in a very in humane and way with his dog fighting. Me as a animal lover do not think this crimnal should be allowed back in the NFL. Sorry for my rant but I could not help my self

:lol

I hope your a vegetarian then.

MayCeltics
01-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Gained some respect for Kobe. :applause:

Aaron Rodgers Vs. Michael Vick Will be EPIC!

jstern
01-07-2011, 11:46 PM

I hope your a vegetarian then.

I'll have to criticize your logic. Humans eat meat, just because a person is anti torturing of dogs doesn't mean they have to be vegetarian. Simple logic.

BEAST Griffin
01-07-2011, 11:52 PM
I hope Troy Polamalu tackles Michael Vick and breaks his neck.

Ne 1
01-07-2011, 11:55 PM
I'll have to criticize your logic. Humans eat meat, just because a person is anti torturing of dogs doesn't mean they have to be vegetarian. Simple logic.

And in China, Korea and South America people eat dog meat.

As I see it, raising cattle to be slaughtered for human consumption (or pigs, chickens, goats, or lamb is no different than raising and training dogs to fight, even to the death. The slaughter of animals is no less of a cause of death to the animals than a dog fight is a cause of death to the dogs. The consumption of animals is no more necessary than a dog fight. Both are ultimately for human pleasure. Meat is a luxury. Many go their entire natural lives without ever consuming meat.

You better be as eager to refute the meat and poultry industries as you are to refute Vick.

Where is the logic? You wear leather, right? You eat meat, right? Where is the outrage about the industries that allow you those pleasures? The reason you are not upset with them is that you don't see the "cruelty" that goes into killing a pig. Barely out of the womb, piglets are held up by one leg and subjected to the following: without anesthetic, their genitals and tails are cut off, their ears are sliced and their teeth are pulled out with pliers. This is how they begin their lives. The rest of it will be spent in a space barely large enough to move. This is a sentient animal with a nervous system fully capable of feeling pain just like you do.

But you know what? I love to eat bacon, beef and poultry products.
Much in the same way that Vick enjoyed watching dogs do battle. So you won't hear me saying a word about Vick, because I know that if I said anything, I would be the world's biggest hypocrite.

nashistheman
01-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Your logic is corrcect I am not a vegetarian and can not stand Pita but that is not for an NBA message board.

Ne 1
01-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Your logic is corrcect I am not a vegetarian and can not stand Pita but that is not for an NBA message board.

What makes a dog better than any of the other animals that are consumed or killed for sport? What about horses that are forced to race and eventually terminated when they no longer perform?

This is double-standard. Western society pretty much decided on our own merit which animals are 'safe' and which are acceptable to kill for consumption, game and sport.

I guess pigs and cows aren't cute and cuddly so who gives a sh*t if they get killed.

jstern
01-08-2011, 12:17 AM

As I see it, raising cattle to be slaughtered for human consumption (or pigs, chickens, goats, or lamb is no different than raising and training dogs to fight, even to the death. The slaughter of animals is no less of a cause of death to the animals than a dog fight is a cause of death to the dogs. The consumption of animals is no more necessary than a dog fight. Both are ultimately for human pleasure. Meat is a luxury. Many go their entire natural lives without ever consuming meat.

You better be as eager to refute the meat and poultry industries as you are to refute Vick.

Where is the logic? You wear leather, right? You eat meat, right? Where is the outrage about the industries that allow you those pleasures? The reason you are not upset with them is that you don't see the "cruelty" that goes into killing a pig. Barely out of the womb, piglets are held up by one leg and subjected to the following: without anesthetic, their genitals and tails are cut off, their ears are sliced and their teeth are pulled out with pliers. This is how they begin their lives. The rest of it will be spent in a space barely large enough to move. This is a sentient animal with a nervous system fully capable of feeling pain just like you do.

Much in the same way that Vick enjoyed watching dogs do battle. So you won't hear me saying a word about Vick, because I know that if I said anything, I would be the world's biggest hypocrite.

I don't eat bacon, and eat very little meat, part of that reason is because of the way they are slaughter, and how that industry attracts sadists that get off on killing the animals. Part of it is also because I'm a germ freak, and I wouldn't touch a cow, a dog, much less eat their dead meat.

Having said that, humans eat meat because it's part of life, it's essential for a human to be healthy. It's survivable. Yet you want to put someone eating meat in the same level as someone abducting other people's dogs, ripping their teeth out, so that their fighting dog could practice by ripping them to pieces? Amongst other things.

Perhaps you can see a dog getting hit by big rocks thrown by the neighborhood kids and not even consider the dog's pain, I seemed to be the only one who did, so judging by that percentage you probably are incapable, so being so different in that regard (in the visualizing someone else pain and feeling compassion) it's probably best if we end this discussion right here.

niko
01-08-2011, 12:22 AM
:D there are so many great jokes that i could make but they would all just get thousands of insults hurled at me so ill just stay away.

taucesays
01-08-2011, 12:32 AM
did pb call kobe a front runner? :oldlol:

He's also from Philly and knows what it's like to recover from being destroyed by the media.

Maestro33
01-08-2011, 01:02 AM
Dear Michael,

Thanks again for dog sitting,

-Kobe

PS - Can I have the dog back yet?

scm5
01-08-2011, 02:04 AM

Really? I love that stuff with some good hummus. Good, healthy snackin'.

Batz
01-08-2011, 02:34 AM

Hah, 'We' :oldlol:

YAWN
01-08-2011, 02:42 AM
wonder if kobe got one of these like barnes did
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6369/210901071.jpg

JohnWall2
01-08-2011, 02:42 AM
wat da *** is b epic? cmon kobe step dat shit up

macpierce
01-08-2011, 02:45 AM
wat da *** is b epic? cmon kobe step dat shit up
be legendary :oldlol:
you know what brand that is :D

JohnWall2
01-08-2011, 03:13 AM
be legendary :oldlol:
you know what brand that is :D
:hammerhead:

Solid Snake
01-08-2011, 04:34 AM
Cool. I never heard epic used in that sense outside of my world, e.g. the internet.

99% person of everyone in real life wouldn't even know what epic fail means.

Cool, Kobe using the word epic in real life, hope it catches on.

Laker4Lyfe
01-08-2011, 04:35 AM
I would have to wear it once just to try some fadeaway baseline 3's with two defenders in my face, over the backboard, etc. Just to see if it worked

If it did I would quit my job and start a life earning money on the street courts like Woody Harrelson and Wesley Snipes.

My cousin's boyfriend (a transplant from Indiana) was down at L.A. Live and he saw Ron Artest, he bought one of his jersey's and had him sign it. He wore it the day the Lakers beat the Celtics :roll:

JohnWall2
01-08-2011, 04:36 AM
^ cool story my nig

ProfessorMurder
01-08-2011, 04:46 AM
Cool. I never heard epic used in that sense outside of my world, e.g. the internet.

99% person of everyone in real life wouldn't even know what epic fail means.

Cool, Kobe using the word epic in real life, hope it catches on.

You can't be serious...

JohnWall2
01-08-2011, 04:50 AM
You can't be serious...
he is :lol

catch24
01-08-2011, 04:54 AM
You can't be serious...

Yeah, I'm confused too. :oldlol:

crosso√er
01-08-2011, 05:33 AM
Hopefully Vick has such a great career that by the end of it, he can send Kobe his jersey with an autograph and Kobe can be in "awe".

Nice gesture though, I have become a big Vick fan. I am a person who believes in second chances and he has done a remarkable recovery not only for his image but with his game as well. Guy can now throw the ball with the best of them...

JohnWall2
01-08-2011, 05:34 AM

tomtucker
01-08-2011, 05:48 AM
To my dawg vick,

best wishes, kobe
P.S. i bet 500$ on hellhound vs. Fido........see you+++kisses
-
Kobe

LJJ
01-08-2011, 05:53 AM

You don't see the difference between killing an animal for a basic necessity and systematically torturing an animal for pure pleasure?

Okay.

LilBTheBasedGod
01-08-2011, 05:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48DY8Z7Ovss

:rockon:

lakerspng
01-08-2011, 01:16 PM
You don't see the difference between killing an animal for a basic necessity and systematically torturing an animal for pure pleasure?

Okay.

consumption of meat is not a human necessity to survive. At one point in our evolutionary and cultural history it was, that time has passed. It's a choice.

It is currently, the single most destructive industry in the world, both to the ecology and to our overall health.

There is nothing humane about the way they are raised or slaughtered and the very act of raising them is destroying our planet more than any other industry.

Killing is killing. You can rationalize it any way you want, but unless it's purely for your immediate survival, it's not necessary.

JBull
01-08-2011, 01:21 PM
That's cool, yall.

Ne 1
01-08-2011, 02:02 PM
consumption of meat is not a human necessity to survive. At one point in our evolutionary and cultural history it was, that time has passed. It's a choice.

It is currently, the single most destructive industry in the world, both to the ecology and to our overall health.

There is nothing humane about the way they are raised or slaughtered and the very act of raising them is destroying our planet more than any other industry.

Killing is killing. You can rationalize it any way you want, but unless it's purely for your immediate survival, it's not necessary.

:applause:

Great post.

Vick did time for his involvement in pit bull fighting, the haters are just self righteous hypocrites.

I know people who say they hate Vick and will never forgive him for fighting pit bulls. These are the same people who shoot ducks, eat meat, wear fur and leather, with a deer head hanging over their fire place. :facepalm

LJJ
01-08-2011, 02:03 PM

I'm not saying the meat industry isn't an evil thing, but I don't live in this world where there is only absolute evil and absolute good.

What Vick did is a helluva lot more evil than eating a hamburger. **** outta here, seriously.

JBull
01-08-2011, 02:07 PM
he still a fokin f@g for what he did

JohnWall2
01-08-2011, 02:08 PM
he still a fokin f@g for what he did

ye i agree... vick is fukd up 4 doin dat shit.. cant see how ppl still support him

32jazz
01-08-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm not saying the meat industry isn't an evil thing, but I don't live in this world where there is only absolute evil and absolute good.

What Vick did is a helluva lot more evil than eating a hamburger. **** outta here, seriously.

Just because fat hamburger eating slob allows the 'evil' meat industry to virtually torture & kill the animals for them that completely absolves them? Out of sight out of mind ,huh?

Meat eaters are the ones who are driving that "Evil' meat industry you speak of and most of you seem to have little problem with it.

Get over Vick & go eat some of that meat from the 'evil' meat industry or something dude.

Ne 1
01-08-2011, 02:20 PM

Hypocrisy and double standards again.

So you enjoy the luxury of eating a burger, meat from an animal lives their entire life in a small box container without ever even walking until someone finally chops their head off. But because Vick enjoyed the luxury of fighting pitbulls its different to you?

Okay.

Vick fought pitbulls. He's a monster but if a guy shoots a moose then tracks it down and shoots it again for no reason but personal pleasure.....hes a sportsman.

32jazz
01-08-2011, 02:23 PM

repped. :applause:

The hypocrites who eat the stressed out/tortured meats from our meat industry feel a bit self righteous I assume because the blood is not directly on their hands.

They pay the meat industry to brutalize the animals for them.

Unfortunately for pigs(which scientist claim are more intelligent than dogs), cows,chickens,turkeys ,etc........ they aren't on the taboo list(at least in America) of animals like dogs , horses,cats,etc...

LJJ
01-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Just because fat hamburger eating slob allows the 'evil' meat industry to virtually torture & kill the animals for them that completely absolves them? Out of sight out of mind ,huh?

Meat eaters are the ones who are driving that "Evil' meat industry you speak of and most of you seem to have little problem with it.

Get over Vick & go eat some of that meat from the 'evil' meat industry or something dude.

Who says I even eat meat? Assumptions much? I'm a very conscientious eater myself. Although I can't lie: I enjoy a nice steak or something from time to time, I barely eat meat as part of my day to day diet. If everybody would consume meat the way I do, and not the completely disgusting way most US citizens do, the meat industry would be a far better thing than it is now.

The thing is, things created in horrible unfair ways are all around us. Meat, but also clothes, uhm, really everything you buy in stores has some kind of horrible situation attached to it.

It's something we all indirectly participate in. Keyword is indirectly.

Personally torturing animals for nothing but amusement? That's something completely different and a much greater evil you can commit as an individual. Seeing a difference between this is not hypocrisy at all, you people must have stopped going to school after grade school.

lakerspng
01-08-2011, 02:36 PM
It's easy to go down to a burger joint, get your big mac or double double or whatever it is you do, and not think about what went into it.

The truth is, they could stick anything they wanted between those buns and 90% of people would never even think about it, they've been so conditioned to accept that... it's just a burger. out of sight, out of mind.

Vick did a horrible thing. There is no excuse for it. He's since worked hard to correct it. That's a step in the right direction.

The defense that ignorance somehow makes a person less culpable for the killing done is ridiculous, but very convenient for those doing it.

I didn't kill the cow, therefore it doesn't matter if I eat it. BS. You eating it, is why they kill the cow. If there was no market for it, it wouldn't be done. Simple.

If you consume an industry, you support an industry, you are part of an industry. I drive a car, therefore I support the oil industry, whether I agree with what they do or not. Do I need a car to survive? No, but it makes my life a heck of a lot easier. Am I a hypocrite when I disparage the practices of the oil companies? Yes I am. What's the alternative? Ride a bike around Los Angeles for my daily activities? It's a lot easier to be a vegetarian than commute around LA on a bike, let me tell you. Yet that does not excuse my choice to support an industry that's tearing our world apart, socially, economically, politically and physically. I am as guilty as Exxon Mobil, or BP. Same is true for anyone who eats meat.

32jazz
01-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Who says I even eat meat? Assumptions much? I'm a very conscientious eater myself. Although I can't lie: I enjoy a nice steak or something from time to time, I barely eat meat as part of my day to day diet. If everybody would consume meat the way I do, and not the completely disgusting way most US citizens do, the meat industry would be a far better thing than it is now.

The thing is, things created in horrible unfair ways are all around us. Meat, but also clothes, uhm, really everything you buy in stores has some kind of horrible situation attached to it.

Personally torturing animals for nothing but amusement? That's something completely different and a much greater evil you can commit as an individual. Seeing a difference between this is not hypocrisy at all, you people must have stopped going to school after grade school.

I haven't condoned dog fighting anywhere it's just the disproportionate amount of criticism/jail time given to Vick.

The UNPRECEDENTED 2 years in prison is the only true problem I had with the whole situation.

Vick has gotten his life back on track & ,barring some catastrophe, he is set to make tens of millions again. You guys need to get over it & move on.

A dead tortured animals is still a dead tortured anmal no matter how/why you skin him.

hawksdogsbraves
01-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Jesus Kobe this is the most arrogant thing I've ever heard :oldlol:

tomtucker
01-08-2011, 03:57 PM
you can

Meticode
01-08-2011, 03:59 PM
:roll: No duh there sir.

LBJ_MVP09
01-08-2011, 04:14 PM
The hypocrites are getting owned in this thread lol. "But eating a steak isn't as bad!!!" As people have pointed out, the way that meat is obtained is JUST as cruel as dog fighting. It is not a necessity to eat hamburgers. At all. Unless you live in the woods and have to hunt for survival for some reason (I'm curious how you have access to insidehoops from the woods), it is just as greedy.

I do not condone what Vick did, but the people acting like he should never be allowed to play, live his life normally etc. are freaking hypocrites if they eat meat with the way meat is obtained in today's world. He did his jail time, get over it.

catch24
01-08-2011, 04:17 PM
I think he's payed his debt to society (yeah, I know it sounds cliche), but what he did isn't the SAME as slaughtering cows/chickens, etc. for food.

Vick wasn't eating the dogs; he and his buddies were torturing those animals, making them fight until they were dead. There's a difference.

bdreason
01-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Are people really trying to defend Vick's actions by comparing dog fighting to eating a cheeseburger? :oldlol:

I'm fine with Vick playing in the NFL. He served his time, and people will judge him for his actions. However, it's hilarious how people change their opinions when a guy starts throwing touchdowns. One of the craziest things I've heard this year came from Steve Young during an Eagles game (after Vick had started tearing it up). Young said something like, "You can tell Mike is a changed man by how he is playing on the field"... really?

People really love Football. :oldlol:

catch24
01-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Are people really trying to defend Vick's actions by comparing dog fighting to eating a cheeseburger? :oldlol:

I'm fine with Vick playing in the NFL. He served his time, and people will judge him for his actions. However, it's hilarious how people change their opinions when a guy starts throwing touchdowns. One of the craziest things I've heard this year came from Steve Young during an Eagles game (after Vick had started tearing it up). Young said something like, "You can tell Mike is a changed man by how he is playing on the field"... really?

It's crazy dude. I really don't understand how one can compare the two and think the people eating steaks are hypocrites.

jstern
01-08-2011, 05:02 PM
It's crazy dude. I really don't understand how one can compare the two and think the people eating steaks are hypocrites.

The thing with them is that they want to completely focus on the dog fighting, completely ignoring the other parts of the story, because it would make Vick look worst.

I mean, a person who would steal other people's dogs and cats and ripped their teeth out, just so that their dog could stay in shape just sounds like someone I wouldn't want to support as a human. Beating them, electrocuting them, drowning them. I have no problem with Vick getting a second chance, but I just wouldn't support a person who has the heart of torturing an animal like that. But they want to compare that to people who ignorantly eat a cheeseburger, and not even aware of how animals are slaughter. I have no problem with Vick playing in the NFL, but at the same time I wouldn't go around like so many are, acting as if he just came back from some major life trouble, as if he came he beat an aggressive cancer, or came back from a horrible car accident. The guy took pleasure in the torture of animals, just like your typical serial killer.

Ne 1
01-08-2011, 05:31 PM
The difference between Vick and thousands of others is just a matter of perception

Vick fought and killed dogs. PETA kills thousands. PETA employees have been caught killing dogs in inhumane ways. Many face animal cruelty charges. PETA in fact has gone on record supporting wiping out the entire Pit Bull population. Killing them the moment they are captured since they are "Lacking any useful purpose".

I can go shoot a deer in the face, sell it for profit, and call it hunting. Im not cruel. Im a hunter. KFC can cut the beaks off chickens, cage them, and cut their wings with no form of pain killer and be an American institution.

You cant make a chicken fight for money...but you can break a baby cows leg roping it in a rodeo while it runs around in a panic...potentially leading to its death...for money. You cant make a dog fight another dog...but you can train a dog to find and potentially kill other animals and call it hunting. Sh!t you can train a dog to hunt and kill a slightly different species of canine....a fox! and its perfectly fine most places!

Is what Vick did wrong? Yes. I happen to find killing a rabbit because its eating things in a garden built in its natural habitat wrong. Doesn't mean i'm gonna call my grandfather a murderer.

There are NFL players that have been charged with beating women multiple times....fine. Vick killed an animal. He's a monster.... if a guy shoots a moose then tracks it down and shoots it again for no reason but personal pleasure.....hes a sportsman.

I just cant make myself care much. Not compared to real crimes against people. Vick is worse in the eyes of the law. Not morally. Not to me at least. I wouldn't kill a pit bull but I wouldn't shoot a moose either. But I would do both before I beat my wife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQobIUE1zTU

That woman was like 6% of the votes away from being the vice president. On her show shooting wolves (a sub-species of dogs) from a helicopter and decapitating turkey's and it's considered charming.

People in general don't give a sh*t about animal suffering. They choose to care on one or two issues which in the grand scheme of things are quite minor compared to real animal suffering.

When you have most humanitarian groups taking pitbulls and gassing perfectly healthy ones to death to be "humane". When the "good guys" way to deal with the situation is borderline genocide of animals abused all their lives to begin with.....you really gotta step back and ask what right is.

The people who ''love dogs'' are killing them by the hundreds of thousands...and tell me I need to value a dogs life more than a mink being skinned alive and left to die in the sand?

When it comes down to it people care about their dog. Their pets. Animals they love. But most don't really care about animals. And the ones that care the most often end up on the side of people killing them by the thousands. The world doesn't really value animal life. Not a world that gasses innocent pets merely for existing and being inconvenient to man(not even talking pitbulls...just...animals in a shelter).

The "humane" suggestion to limit pet over population is to carelessly cut off the testicles of the cute ones we want and gas the unwanted ones to death and bury them in mass graves. And im supposed to be outraged over Michael Vick? Animals have it bad. Vick is hardly their greatest enemy.

Ne 1
01-08-2011, 05:37 PM
I think he's payed his debt to society (yeah, I know it sounds cliche), but what he did isn't the SAME as slaughtering cows/chickens, etc. for food.

Vick wasn't eating the dogs; he and his buddies were torturing those animals, making them fight until they were dead. There's a difference.

What did the Romans do a thousand years ago then when they wiped out lions and entire species of bear from the continent of Europe by fighting animals in the arenas?

If you think about it, it is all just sport. It is in our blood to watch organisms fight each other. Whether it be gladiators in the arena, dogs in an Atlanta backyard, two guys beating the snot out of each other in a boxing ring or players with helmets on on a field. It's all the same concept and has been ingrained in us as humans to be one of the most satisfying experiences available (for men especially).

The Romans were considered one of the most successful civilizations to ever exist. Easily more successful than the U.S. so far. The only difference is that we over here have become extremely sensitized to all of these social stigmas and want to protect the rights of everyone and everything even up to and including these dogs. The double standards when it comes to these animals are COMPLETELY based on emotions and have no rational explanation to them. We've gone over this a thousand times. Killing a deer is no more humane than killing a dog. But these animal extremists will tell you otherwise offering no plausible explanation for why.

tpols
01-08-2011, 05:54 PM
The thing with them is that they want to completely focus on the dog fighting, completely ignoring the other parts of the story, because it would make Vick look worst.

I mean, a person who would steal other people's dogs and cats and ripped their teeth out, just so that their dog could stay in shape just sounds like someone I wouldn't want to support as a human. Beating them, electrocuting them, drowning them. I have no problem with Vick getting a second chance, but I just wouldn't support a person who has the heart of torturing an animal like that. But they want to compare that to people who ignorantly eat a cheeseburger, and not even aware of how animals are slaughter. I have no problem with Vick playing in the NFL, but at the same time I wouldn't go around like so many are, acting as if he just came back from some major life trouble, as if he came he beat an aggressive cancer, or came back from a horrible car accident. The guy took pleasure in the torture of animals, just like your typical serial killer.
This is pure ignorance... trying to make vick out to be like a serial killer is so gnorant I don't even know what to say. It is very much in the culture of black people(men) down south and in other cities in the U.S. to own pitbulls and fight them against each other. Trying to depict it as it's own unique individual act is just.. uninformed. Vick's intentions weren't to derive pleasure from killing dogs. It was a gambling ring and basically a tradition in the areas he is from and hangs around.

People in latin american countries kill bulls brutally for sport as well as have **** fighting... but we want to condemn vick for his actions...

And you seem to think that people AREN"T hypocrites for being ignorant to how their food is made. So because they don't know chickens beaks are cut off and animals are ruthlessly slaughtered for their own meals everyday it makes it better? Theyre still partaking in a process that is, in fact, just as if not more brutal than anything michael vick has ever done.

tomtucker
01-08-2011, 05:57 PM
The difference between Vick and thousands of others is just a matter of perception

Vick fought and killed dogs. PETA kills thousands. PETA employees have been caught killing dogs in inhumane ways. Many face animal cruelty charges. PETA in fact has gone on record supporting wiping out the entire Pit Bull population. Killing them the moment they are captured since they are "Lacking any useful purpose".

I can go shoot a deer in the face, sell it for profit, and call it hunting. Im not cruel. Im a hunter. KFC can cut the beaks off chickens, cage them, and cut their wings with no form of pain killer and be an American institution.

You cant make a chicken fight for money...but you can break a baby cows leg roping it in a rodeo while it runs around in a panic...potentially leading to its death...for money. You cant make a dog fight another dog...but you can train a dog to find and potentially kill other animals and call it hunting. Sh!t you can train a dog to hunt and kill a slightly different species of canine....a fox! and its perfectly fine most places!

Is what Vick did wrong? Yes. I happen to find killing a rabbit because its eating things in a garden built in its natural habitat wrong. Doesn't mean i'm gonna call my grandfather a murderer.

There are NFL players that have been charged with beating women multiple times....fine. Vick killed an animal. He's a monster.... if a guy shoots a moose then tracks it down and shoots it again for no reason but personal pleasure.....hes a sportsman.

I just cant make myself care much. Not compared to real crimes against people. Vick is worse in the eyes of the law. Not morally. Not to me at least. I wouldn't kill a pit bull but I wouldn't shoot a moose either. But I would do both before I beat my wife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQobIUE1zTU

That woman was like 6% of the votes away from being the vice president. On her show shooting wolves (a sub-species of dogs) from a helicopter and decapitating turkey's and it's considered charming.

People in general don't give a sh*t about animal suffering. They choose to care on one or two issues which in the grand scheme of things are quite minor compared to real animal suffering.

When you have most humanitarian groups taking pitbulls and gassing perfectly healthy ones to death to be "humane". When the "good guys" way to deal with the situation is borderline genocide of animals abused all their lives to begin with.....you really gotta step back and ask what right is.

The people who ''love dogs'' are killing them by the hundreds of thousands...and tell me I need to value a dogs life more than a mink being skinned alive and left to die in the sand?

When it comes down to it people care about their dog. Their pets. Animals they love. But most don't really care about animals. And the ones that care the most often end up on the side of people killing them by the thousands. The world doesn't really value animal life. Not a world that gasses innocent pets merely for existing and being inconvenient to man(not even talking pitbulls...just...animals in a shelter).

The "humane" suggestion to limit pet over population is to carelessly cut off the testicles of the cute ones we want and gas the unwanted ones to death and bury them in mass graves. And im supposed to be outraged over Michael Vick? Animals have it bad. Vick is hardly their greatest enemy.
Both vick and palin are ****ing low-lifes......killing animals for fun, only a gutless puusys do that, hunters are weak puusy too......join the army, go shot at something that shoots back, but they don

Monkey D Dragon
01-08-2011, 06:02 PM

Good post. Too many retards in this World.

Bottom line when you torture and fuccking with Animals is just fuccked up no matter how you look at it. And that shiiiit should never go away from ur image because you threw couple of touchdowns.

catch24
01-08-2011, 06:05 PM
What did the Romans do a thousand years ago then when they wiped out lions and entire species of bear from the continent of Europe by fighting animals in the arenas?

If you think about it, it is all just sport. It is in our blood to watch organisms fight each other. Whether it be gladiators in the arena, dogs in an Atlanta backyard, two guys beating the snot out of each other in a boxing ring or players with helmets on on a field. It's all the same concept and has been ingrained in us as humans to be one of the most satisfying experiences available (for men especially).

The Romans were considered one of the most successful civilizations to ever exist. Easily more successful than the U.S. so far. The only difference is that we over here have become extremely sensitized to all of these social stigmas and want to protect the rights of everyone and everything even up to and including these dogs. The double standards when it comes to these animals are COMPLETELY based on emotions and have no rational explanation to them. We've gone over this a thousand times. Killing a deer is no more humane than killing a dog. But these animal extremists will tell you otherwise offering no plausible explanation for why.

We aren't Romans though. I'm pretty sure as a whole we're a little more civilized than people from 80 AD; don't you think? Your whole post is off the wall and irrelevant to what Vick did.

Electrocution and drowning of the dogs? Really??? I'm a fan of his on the field, but that's as far as it goes.

LA_Showtime
01-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Am I the only one who thinks "Be epic" sounds corny?

jstern
01-08-2011, 06:36 PM
This is pure ignorance... trying to make vick out to be like a serial killer is so gnorant I don't even know what to say. It is very much in the culture of black people(men) down south and in other cities in the U.S. to own pitbulls and fight them against each other. Trying to depict it as it's own unique individual act is just.. uninformed. Vick's intentions weren't to derive pleasure from killing dogs. It was a gambling ring and basically a tradition in the areas he is from and hangs around.

People in latin american countries kill bulls brutally for sport as well as have **** fighting... but we want to condemn vick for his actions...

And you seem to think that people AREN"T hypocrites for being ignorant to how their food is made. So because they don't know chickens beaks are cut off and animals are ruthlessly slaughtered for their own meals everyday it makes it better? Theyre still partaking in a process that is, in fact, just as if not more brutal than anything michael vick has ever done.

Again, just like I said, you guys keep ignoring everything else he and his buddies did and keep focusing on the dog fighting. I'll restate what I said, torturing animal you know electricuting them, ripping their teeth out so that another animal could rip them appart, torturing animals like that is very the typical serial killer behavior. Not the dog fighting in itself, but the torturing of the animals. You at least see animals fighting in nature, that's one thing, but ripping their teeth out, only a saidist would have the heart to do that. And what makes you think that people who are against what Vick did would be pro Bull fighting and not have a problem with it? I'm pretty sure every person here who's against just the dog fighting would also be against a bull being slowly stabbed to death.

Also, I saw a picture of Sarah Palin, haven't read what was written. Sarah Palin is a very dumb woman, but again, there's a big difference between hunting an animal and eating it, and ripping their teeth out and torturing it. Shooting an animal dead is different from torturing them. I feel like I'm reapting myself, but I have no choice since then you guys will pick and choose and ignore certain facts that makes the Michael Vick situation so wrong.

Many other countries do bad things to animals, doesn't excuse what Michael Vick did. Some countries skin dogs alive, bringing them up as examples doesn't defend torturing of these dogs and cats.

niko
01-08-2011, 06:54 PM

Philly fans are the only ones real here, basically it's PLAY WELL WE LOVE YOU, PLAY BAD WE HATE YOU, WE DON't GIVE A **** WHAT YOU DID OR DO.

It's honest at least.

tomtucker
01-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Again, just like I said, you guys keep ignoring everything else he and his buddies did and keep focusing on the dog fighting. I'll restate what I said, torturing animal you know electricuting them, ripping their teeth out so that another animal could rip them appart, torturing animals like that is very the typical serial killer behavior. Not the dog fighting in itself, but the torturing of the animals. You at least see animals fighting in nature, that's one thing, but ripping their teeth out, only a saidist would have the heart to do that. And what makes you think that people who are against what Vick did would be pro Bull fighting and not have a problem with it? I'm pretty sure every person here who's against just the dog fighting would also be against a bull being slowly stabbed to death.

Also, I saw a picture of Sarah Palin, haven't read what was written. Sarah Palin is a very dumb woman, but again, there's a big difference between hunting an animal and eating it, and ripping their teeth out and torturing it. Shooting an animal dead is different from torturing them. I feel like I'm reapting myself, but I have no choice since then you guys will pick and choose and ignore certain facts that makes the Michael Vick situation so wrong.

Many other countries do bad things to animals, doesn't excuse what Michael Vick did. Some countries skin dogs alive, bringing them up as examples doesn't defend torturing of these dogs and cats.

i agree...................but sarah palin is a fiucking ***** too

LA_Showtime
01-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Look, I hate what Michael Vick did to those dogs. It's despicable. But come on, people are acting like he was caught murdering and raping children. They're animals; it's not the same and if you think it's the same then you should work for PETA. Other people do it too.

bih
01-08-2011, 11:10 PM
kobe :applause:

but be realistic

vick and the eagles will fail.....also everyone knows that vick has tendency to force plays

its all hype and will mean nothing when green bay crushes the eagles

Ne 1
01-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Look, I hate what Michael Vick did to those dogs. It's despicable. But come on, people are acting like he was caught murdering and raping children. They're animals; it's not the same and if you think it's the same then you should work for PETA. Other people do it too.

Exactly.

I don't care if you baby talk your dog, put a sweater on it for Christmas, kiss it on the mouth or even if you create a Facebook profile for it. At the end of the day its just an animal!

I'm just sick of these self righteous hypocrites. I know guys that go out and shoot a deer in the face, behead it, have it stuffed and put it over their fire place as a plaque and think nothing of it but then have the nerve to hate Vick for what he did and say they will never forgive him.

Also funny because deers are peaceful animals, while pit bulls are vicious and responsible for more dog attacks than any other dog breed COMBINED.

Even if your a huge animal lover and a vegetarian isn't America a country second chances?

You have ignorant people that say Michael Vick dosen't deserve forgiveness, what he did was unforgivable and people who say he should have been executed.

So if Vick shouldn't be given a second chance and be forgiven for fighting and killing pit bulls then why do blacks have to forgive whites (or on a larger scale) this country for the atrocities of the past – lynchings, Jim Crow, slavery etc.? These same people are always the ones that protest that America has changed for the better and that was history, right? Well maybe not, if you guys are bigots! Following this logic then blacks should not forgive what happened in the past and America should not be allowed to redeem itself in the eyes of the world for its past acts. If your answer is yes then I would subscribe to your argument that the same should apply to Michael Vick.

catch24
01-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Exactly.

I don't care if you baby talk your dog, put a sweater on it for Christmas, kiss it on the mouth or even if you create a Facebook profile for it. At the end of the day its just an animal!

I'm just sick of these self righteous hypocrites. I know guys that go out and shoot a deer in the face, behead it, have it stuffed and put it over their fire place as a plaque and think nothing of it but then have the nerve to hate Vick for what he did and say they will never forgive him.

So if Vick shouldn't be given a second chance and be forgiven for fighting and killing pit bulls then why do blacks have to forgive whites (or on a larger scale) this country for the atrocities of the past – lynchings, Jim Crow, slavery etc.? These same people are always the ones that protest that America has changed for the better and that was history, right? Well maybe not, if you guys are bigots! Following this logic then blacks should not forgive what happened in the past and America should not be allowed to redeem itself in the eyes of the world for its past acts. If your answer is yes then I would subscribe to your argument that the same should apply to Michael Vick.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/tucker-carlson-says-michael-vick-should-have-been-executed-video/

Following your logic then blacks should not forgive what happenend in the past and this country should not be allowed to redeem itself in the eyes of the world for its past acts. If your answer is yes then...

At least post your own words. This is like, what, the 5th time you've taken posts from other people and taken credit for it? Can't even articulate your own thoughts; you're pathetic.

Maestro33
01-09-2011, 12:04 AM
This thread is appauling. Anyone defending Vick should be strapped to the "Rape Rack" that was used to breed these dogs, have their teeth removed and be forced into combat with a starving dog. This man does not deserve a second chance at millions of dollars. Absolutely not.

JM720
01-09-2011, 12:22 AM
:applause:

Keep doing your thing on and off the field Vick, stay out of trouble and keep pulling in Millions.

As for the dogs :confusedshrug: never really gave a damn.

IGOTGAME
01-09-2011, 12:23 AM
This thread is appauling. Anyone defending Vick should be strapped to the "Rape Rack" that was used to breed these dogs, have their teeth removed and be forced into combat with a starving dog. This man does not deserve a second chance at millions of dollars. Absolutely not.

oh, you mean the same rape racks used to put forth milk in your local grocery store.

really, some of the most prominent Animal Rights activists disagree.

UPDATE 8/14/09: Michael Vick was released from prison in May, and on July 27, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell conditionally reinstated Vick. The Philadelphia Eagles have given Vick a one-year deal with an option for a second year.

In a conversation yesterday, someone said to me, “how am I ever going to watch an Eagles game and see that guy without thinking about those dogs?” My response: “How can you enjoy an Eagles game while you’re eating a hamburger or a hot dog made from animals who had a life and death every bit as horrible and unnecessary as Vick’s dogs?”

He did not have an answer.

Here is a Daily News op-ed I wrote on the topic that ran on Aug. 22, 2007:

MICHAEL VICK has, according to his lawyer, agreed to plead guilty to federal dogfighting charges against him.

Over past weeks, there's been an enormous amount of coverage of the dog-fighting operation sponsored by Atlanta Falcons quarterback Vick, who, along with three other men, has been indicted on federal felony charges.

The details of the charges claim that Vick sponsored illegal dog fighting, gambled on dog fights and permitted acts of cruelty against animals on his property. The talk shows have been filled with talking heads from the "humane community" condemning dog fighting and calling for Vick to be punished. Nike and Reebok have suspended products endorsed by Vick.

Please let me be very clear from the outset: I think that dog fighting is a terrible thing.

But I must say that the Vick case rather dramatically demonstrates what I call our "moral schizophrenia" about animals.

That is, if one thing is clear, it is that we do not think clearly about our moral obligations to animals.

In this country alone, we kill more than 10 billion land animals annually for food. The animals we eat suffer as much as the dogs that are used in dog fighting.

There is no "need" for us to eat meat, dairy or eggs. Indeed, these foods are increasingly linked to various human diseases and animal agriculture is an environmental disaster for the planet. We impose pain, suffering and death on these billions of sentient nonhumans because we enjoy eating their flesh and the products that we make from them.

There is something bizarre about condemning Michael Vick for using dogs in a hideous form of entertainment when 99 percent of us also use animals that are every bit as sentient as dogs in another hideous form of entertainment that is no more justifiable than fighting dogs: eating animals and animal products.

There is something bizarre about Reebok and Nike, which use leather in their shoes, suspending products endorsed by Vick. They're not going to allow a guy who allegedly tortures dogs to endorse products that contain tortured cows.

In one of my books about animal ethics, I introduced a character named Simon the Sadist, who derived pleasure from blowtorching dogs. We would all regard such conduct as monstrous because we all agree that it is wrong to inflict "unnecessary" suffering on animals - and pleasure, amusement and convenience cannot count as satisfying the "necessity" requirement.

But then I asked the further question: How are those of us who eat animal flesh and animal products any different from Simon? He enjoys blowtorching dogs - we enjoy the taste of flesh and animal products. But we and Simon both kill sentient beings (although we may pay others to do the dirty work) because we derive enjoyment from it.

According to reports, authorities removed from Vick's property a "rape stand" used to hold dogs for mating. "Rape racks" are used to hold cows for impregnation. When a dog is involved, we are troubled - when a cow is involved, we ignore it.

Michael Vick may enjoy watching dogs fight. Someone else may find that repulsive but see nothing wrong with eating an animal who has had a life as full of pain and suffering as the lives of the fighting dogs. It's strange that we regard the latter as morally different from, and superior to, the former. How removed from the screaming crowd around the dog pit is the laughing group around the summer steak barbecue?

We are all Simon.

We are all Michael Vick. *

Gary L. Francione is Distinguished Professor of Law and Nicholas deB. Katzenbach Scholar of Law and Philosophy at Rutgers University School of Law-Newark. His latest book on animal ethics, "Animals as Persons," will be published by Columbia University Press this fall.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/dailynews/opinion/20070822_Were_all_Michael_Vick.html#ixzz1AVbgxRHY
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

JM720
01-09-2011, 12:32 AM

http://i52.tinypic.com/2uptf8p.gif

Maestro33
01-09-2011, 12:57 AM
oh, you mean the same rape racks used to put forth milk in your local grocery store.

First off, just no, yer so off base its unreal. Secondly, if you equate the value of nourishment with gambling you are in store for a very short lifespan.

You're what 17?

32jazz
01-09-2011, 08:28 AM

Well he's got that second chance & you should probably just get over it:confusedshrug: Putting out misinformation on the net won't stop him.

Just like someone here mentioned you are trying to 'humanize' a dog with this 'rape rack' :rolleyes: nonsense when dogs(in heat especially) have no freaking concept of what rape is.

It's called a Breed Stand & many respected Breeders use it. The female/male dog may be very agressive & the stand is to prevent either dog from being injured/scarred trying to mate them.

And I'm sure Vicks females were very 'hot'(game fighters) & they would probably rather fight first than breed. The stand is to protect not only the female in heat ,but the other owners stud as well.

When Vick signs his $50 million dollar plus contractt (barring some catastrophe) he won't be thinking of you so you should do likewise & stop obssessing over Vick.

He's Baaaaack!!!!!

JohnWall2
01-09-2011, 08:29 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/2uptf8p.gif

tomtucker
01-09-2011, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=Ne 1]Exactly.

I don't care if you baby talk your dog, put a sweater on it for Christmas, kiss it on the mouth or even if you create a Facebook profile for it. At the end of the day its just an animal! I'm just sick of these self righteous hypocrites. I know guys that go out and shoot a deer in the face, behead it, have it stuffed and put it over their fire place as a plaque and think nothing of it but then have the nerve to hate Vick for what he did and say they will never forgive him.

Also funny because deers are peaceful animals, while pit bulls are vicious and responsible for more dog attacks than any other dog breed COMBINED.

Even if your a huge animal lover and a vegetarian isn't America a country second chances?

You have ignorant people that say Michael Vick dosen't deserve forgiveness, what he did was unforgivable and people who say he should have been executed.

So if Vick shouldn't be given a second chance and be forgiven for fighting and killing pit bulls then why do blacks have to forgive whites (or on a larger scale) this country for the atrocities of the past

Zack Ryder
01-09-2011, 01:41 PM
mike vick sucks bro

Juges8932
01-09-2011, 01:52 PM
That disgusts me as a Kobe fan. I am extremely disappointed.

LakersMiamiHate
01-09-2011, 08:46 PM
mike vick sucks bro

Overrated?

LBJ 4 MVP
01-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Well...that was pretty epic.

bucks_ole
01-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Hell yeah Packers!

N0Skillz
01-09-2011, 08:51 PM
what happened???

VishaltotheG
01-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Epic fail

Meticode
what happened???
Vick wasn't very epic. 20-36, 292 yards, 1 td, 1 int, 8 rushes, 33 yards

LakersMiamiHate
what happened???

Mike vick threw an interception with 33 seconds left in the game. They were down 21 - 16 :lol

mashbelly
01-09-2011, 08:54 PM
He should send one to Tom Brady now

franchise#3
01-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Kobe is trying to piss people off. First Armenian's with that Turkish airlines deal and now animal lovers by supporting Vick :no:

Walduś
01-09-2011, 08:55 PM
:roll:

N0Skillz
01-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Mike vick threw an interception with 33 seconds left in the game. They were down 21 - 16 :lol

does that mean their done for the season?

I just watch games sometimes I have no idea what's happening in football right now =p

franchise#3
01-09-2011, 08:57 PM

I just watch games sometimes I have no idea what's happening in football right now =p

Yep and plus Vick is a free agent

LakersMiamiHate
01-09-2011, 08:57 PM

it was the playoffs, They are out.

ginobli2311
01-09-2011, 08:59 PM
the biggest :facepalm ever for the Tucker Carlson quote.

really? just :eek:

JohnWall2
01-09-2011, 09:06 PM
kobe curse.. jk

The_Yearning
01-09-2011, 09:19 PM
I got no problem with what Vick did.

imdaman99
01-09-2011, 09:23 PM
No problem with what? his INT? OR killing dogs? :mad:

LakersMiamiHate
01-09-2011, 09:23 PM

thats because you don't own a dog. What he did is despicable

HotelManager
01-09-2011, 09:27 PM
thats because you don't own a dog. What he did is despicable
How is this any different than stepping on an ant or crushing a spider?

catch24
01-09-2011, 09:30 PM

Wow.

A.R.T
01-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Wow.

he has a point lol

imdaman99
01-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Dude go back to Colorado. Who let you on the computer anyway? Shouldnt you be checking in guests or someting? Next time dont go into his room, and he wont stick it in ur butt. Peace.

IGOTGAME
01-09-2011, 09:38 PM
The difference between what Michael Vick did and the torture that goes on in slaughterhouses is that dogs are fetishized in our society. Its a case of moral schizophrenia

HotelManager
01-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Dude go back to Colorado. Who let you on the computer anyway? Shouldnt you be checking in guests or someting? Next time dont go into his room, and he wont stick it in ur butt. Peace.
I wonder if you instantly think of Kobe Bryant every time you step foot into a hotel?

toneloc103
01-09-2011, 11:54 PM
"Be goin fishin'"

Kobe 8 B
01-10-2011, 12:25 AM

http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/STFU/9/stfu-yoda.jpg

tomtucker
01-10-2011, 06:31 AM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/STFU/9/stfu-yoda.jpg

oh, that

flipogb
01-10-2011, 06:41 AM
America worships dogs , but many also worship football so Vick really confuses people

Nevaeh
01-10-2011, 07:05 AM
America worships dogs , but many also worship football so Vick really confuses people

If you're worshiping Dogs, you need your ass beat, plain and simple.

http://www.dogkennelcrate.com/why-are-dogs-so-nasty.html

[QUOTE]My dog is so nasty some times. Today I put her in the goats pen so she could get some exercise since its fenced. She was in their 10 minutes and she probably ate 10 lbs of goat crap and covered her whole boy in it. Everytime she gets a chance she raids the litter box for cat poo. If someone or something pukes you can

DeronMillsap
01-10-2011, 07:14 AM
^^^If we're going by cleanliness then rats >>>> dogs. Am I right? :lol

MMM
01-10-2011, 07:41 AM
What Vick did was wrong but he served his time and payed his debt to society.
Also isn't it possible for meat eaters to eat meat that has been killed in a more humane way that is done in slaughter houses?????

RazorBaLade
01-10-2011, 08:12 AM

the difference between killing a person and an ant is bout the same as between monkey/dog/dolphin/intelligent animals vs not intelligent.

i hate vick.

RazorBaLade
01-10-2011, 08:16 AM
What Vick did was wrong but he served his time and payed his debt to society.
Also isn't it possible for meat eaters to eat meat that has been killed in a more humane way that is done in slaughter houses?????

not really. Slaughter houses are what they are, its the only way for a giant civilization to thrive. breed for killing. In tribes / history you will see that people went out and hunted their own meat, never killing more than they need. With reproduction where it is now we would not have been able to keep cows and such alive.. This system gives everyone food that the populace of the animal can afford without extinction. if me and you stop, they wont stop killing because for everyone that stops 10 people grow old enough to want it.

Btw serving time and paying debt to society is a physical thing. He made a choice in his mind and whatever triggered him to make the choice is not gone, so the whole jail and redemption thing is just dumb. A killer doesn't get healed in jail, he just learns how to repress it when hes out (or he doesn't, and kills again). It makes vick no better a man than anyone.

Da KO King
01-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Btw serving time and paying debt to society is a physical thing. He made a choice in his mind and whatever triggered him to make the choice is not gone, so the whole jail and redemption thing is just dumb. A killer doesn't get healed in jail, he just learns how to repress it when hes out (or he doesn't, and kills again). It makes vick no better a man than anyone.
You are making a huge assumption and have decided you are a better judge of what is in a man, who you have never met, heart than the countless people who have been in contact with him and say he's changed.

skaterbasist
01-10-2011, 01:54 PM

Okay.

Word.

These Vegans drive me insane with their broken rationale. They fail to realize that humans are OMNIVORES. Eating meat might be a "luxury" in a developed country, but it certainly isn't in third-world countries. Many countries rely much more on meat than vegetables and fruits for survival.

And what makes eating vegetables and fruits any less of a luxury than eating meat? Hell, salads sure are pricey compared to chicken and beef these days. You wouldn't expect a poor citizen to live beyond their means.

The way I see it, killing an animal for consumption is okay as long as its for consumption and killed as 'humanely' as possible (meaning, a quick relatively painless death as opposed to, for example, some Chinese practices where they would throw a live animal in to boiling water :mad: ). I also believe there are certain animals that shouldn't be used for human consumption (i.e. dogs, cats, dolphins, etc) unless it is completely needed for survival (rare circumstances). My reasoning for that is purely subjective: these animals are not natural prey in their ecosystem (i.e. they are not part of the lower foodchain) and are intelligent species (which in part, is the reason for them not being natural prey).

The only thing that drives me crazier than a preaching vegan is a hick who practices trophy hunting. Humans are really capable of sick and destructive practices.

And before I get attacked, I do not support abusive and 'inhumane' practices at slaughterhouses under any circumstance. As said before, there are proper methods of killing an animal for use of consumption (don't use that stupid "killing is killing" logic with me... :rolleyes: ).

zizozain
01-10-2011, 03:12 PM
http://www.sharkonline.org/bullfighting9.jpg

tomtucker
01-14-2011, 03:49 PM
^^^If we're going by cleanliness then rats >>>> dogs. Am I right? :lol
I guess so, i did not know dogs eate so much shit?...even from cats you say?....:(

ashbelly
01-15-2011, 12:23 AM
This guy never proves me wrong. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

8BeastlyXOIAD
01-15-2011, 12:24 AM
He Is Back^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ashbelly
01-15-2011, 12:25 AM

Like Clockwork, never proves me wrong. :facepalm :facepalm

tomtucker
01-15-2011, 06:05 AM
Like Clockwork, never proves me wrong. :facepalm :facepalm
2 more posts and you have 5.000.........congratulations man.......:applause:

NoName22
01-15-2011, 08:01 AM
Kobe the gawd http://i45.tinypic.com/dv3md.gif

He should send one of those to Bron.

http://forums.projectcovo.com/images/smilies/bron.gif

ashbelly
01-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Kobe the gawd http://i45.tinypic.com/dv3md.gif

He should send one of those to Bron.

http://forums.projectcovo.com/images/smilies/bron.gif

Too bad kobe wears the same jersey. He's going to jinx himself this time :oldlol:

mashbelly
01-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Too bad kobe wears the same jersey. He's going to jinx himself this time :oldlol:

aww ashbelly is unbanned and the first thing he does is post about kobe

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

:facepalm

HotelManager
01-21-2011, 01:42 AM
They got the phrase, "It's okay to smoke a rat's asssss, but never rub peanut butter on your mother's vaagina" for a reason you know.

Fuschl am See
01-21-2011, 05:17 AM
I'm disappointed Kobe would send a gift to a dog torturing sociopath.

DUP
01-21-2011, 05:18 AM
I'm disappointed Kobe would send a gift to a dog torturing sociopath.
yeah, vick is a punk

Zach Morris
01-21-2011, 07:28 AM
A gift from God - literally. That's cool of him. Do as you're told, Michael. Be Epic!

Mrofir
01-21-2011, 12:29 PM

Only reasonable poster in this thread, thank you. Everyone else, stop chasing your tails. There are other ways to be "smart" than figuring out how to play devil's advocate and deconstruct society in such a way that old Granny Esther making a turkey dinner for the family is somehow as evil as Vick torturing dogs. Agreed, there are reasons for society's larger moral choices besides strict morality. This causes some unfortunate situations. But it doesn't mean you have to completely lose your mind about it. This line of thinking represents a slippery slope, it can easily be taken to extremes to support or justify just about any behavior. It's the same type of logic that violent criminals use to justify their actions.. Take a social norm you don't like, and argue that in the long run you're bringing more good than harm by committing violent crime XYZ. If you truly believe what youre saying that vick killing and torturing dogs is in the same category as eating a bacon cheeseburger (yes BOTH beef and pork!) .. you severely lack a frame of reference and your worldview could be literally one traumatic event away from spinning away to madness. Just stop it. On the other hand if you have a problem with the meat industry and want to take a stand for animal rights, GO FOR IT! Does anyone who posted in this thread do that?

And another thing for those of you making this ridiculous unhealthy and uninformed argument... If Vick had used this logic to support his cause when he was released from prison, would you have supported him?

..Or would he have sounded too much like a lunatic violent criminal justifying his actions against the norms of society?