PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker sent Rondo and Rose facebook messages

GOBB
11-13-2010, 11:13 PM
It said...

Why do people rank you over me in the top 5 PG lists? I dont get it. Do you?

YouCallILose
11-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Rondo is better than Parker. The people ranking Rose over him are delusional Chicago homers that claim Jordan would average 50 ppg in today's game

StacksOnDeck
11-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Wow, not even close to being remotely funny.

the GIBBET
11-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Did you really......just make a joke with the premise of Tony Parker being better than Rondo..........???????????????????

:facepalm :rolleyes: :wtf: :banghead: :violin:

EnoughSaid
11-13-2010, 11:18 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: At Parker using Facebook.

LA KB24
11-13-2010, 11:21 PM
lol at you.

GOBB
11-13-2010, 11:22 PM
Did you really......just make a joke with the premise of Tony Parker being better than Rondo..........???????????????????

Not that I would agree with T.Parker being better than Rondo. But given the game Parker has and what he has accomplished in his career at age 28. I'd like to see you present an argument where it is laughable to even question who is the better of the two. I'm pretty sure you are capable of it. You go into detail about posters here. Why not here? Give it a go.

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-13-2010, 11:23 PM
link or go to hell

EnoughSaid
11-13-2010, 11:25 PM
lol at you.

No, I mean when you have a hot wife like Eva, I wouldn't spend a second on Facebook. Maybe he's on the road? :roll:

LA KB24
11-13-2010, 11:28 PM
No, I mean when you have a hot wife like Eva, I wouldn't spend a second on Facebook. Maybe he's on the road? :roll:
You just don't get it, do you?

the GIBBET
I'd like to see you present an argument where it is laughable to even question who is the better of the two. I'm pretty sure you are capable of it. You go into detail about posters here. Why not here? Give it a go.

You just wanna see it so you can parrot it.

And what has Tony Parker accomplished as an individual? I know, you wanna credit him with accomplishments that the San Antonio Spurs have achieved, but those accolades are invalid in individual comparisons. Unless you wanna talk about what Derek Fisher has "accomplished" in comparing him to Chris Paul. In fact in a strictly individual comparison, I would venture to guess that Rondo has easily achieved more milestones of note than Tony Parker.

I'm not knocking Tony Parker, but what he does just happens to fit best for the Spurs and that's what has made him and them a successful formula. Rondo's game would transfer effectively to far more teams than Parker's. Rondo is the better overall player. My argument for this is that I've watched them and I understand what I'm watching. Try it some time.

B-Low
link or go to hell

Not the brightest crayon in the box are you?

MMM
11-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Tony Parker is a very good player and I think the majority of us have forgotten about him because of his injuries woes as of late. While during that span of time Rondo has stepped up and uped his game is that enough to say he is clearly better then Parker??? probably not but does Rondo have a slight advantage??? I would say yes but there is definitely an argument that can be made for TP.

Lebron23
11-13-2010, 11:40 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

DRoseOwnsACamry
11-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Um, Rose and Rondo are definitely much better then Parker...

Nobler
11-13-2010, 11:45 PM
I agree but not at picking wife material lol. Google Rondo's girlfriend. Gyat Dame that is an ugly woman.

GOBB
11-13-2010, 11:47 PM
Tony Parker is a very good player and I think the majority of us have forgotten about him because of his injuries woes as of late. While during that span of time Rondo has stepped up and uped his game is that enough to say he is clearly better then Parker??? probably not but does Rondo have a slight advantage??? I would say yes but there is definitely an argument that can be made for TP.

Wow a sane poster? Nice.

the GIBBET
11-13-2010, 11:48 PM
I agree but not at picking wife material lol. Google Rondo's girlfriend. Gyat Dame that is an ugly woman.

http://ballerwives.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/rajon-rondo-girlfriend-Ashley-Bachelor11.jpg

Obviously not a knockout but far from deserving of a "Gyat Dame that is an ugly woman"

Unless you mean for a professional, championship winning basketball player with a 50 million dollar contract. Then, yes.

Nobler
11-13-2010, 11:50 PM
http://ballerwives.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/rajon-rondo-girlfriend-Ashley-Bachelor11.jpg

Obviously not a knockout but far from deserving of a "Gyat Dame that is an ugly woman"

Unless you mean for a professional, championship winning basketball player with a 50 million dollar contract. Then, yes.

I meant in comparison to the goddess Tony is going home to then yes. But in all honesty i wouldnt pick her ass up at a bar

SinJackal
11-14-2010, 12:13 AM
How Rondo's gf/wife looks shouldn't mean anything. Why shit on the guy for being with the girl he likes rather than be shallow enough to have to date some model-type chick just because he's a baller? :confusedshrug:

You just wanna see it so you can parrot it.

And what has Tony Parker accomplished as an individual? I know, you wanna credit him with accomplishments that the San Antonio Spurs have achieved, but those accolades are invalid in individual comparisons. Unless you wanna talk about what Derek Fisher has "accomplished" in comparing him to Chris Paul. In fact in a strictly individual comparison, I would venture to guess that Rondo has easily achieved more milestones of note than Tony Parker.

I'm not knocking Tony Parker, but what he does just happens to fit best for the Spurs and that's what has made him and them a successful formula. Rondo's game would transfer effectively to far more teams than Parker's. Rondo is the better overall player. My argument for this is that I've watched them and I understand what I'm watching. Try it some time.

While I think Rondo at this point is better than Parker because Parker was injured for a good portion of last season (played through the injury), and Rondo is off to a great start. . .let's not be fools and pretend Parker wasn't clearly better than Rondo before last season's injury stopped him.

If Parker put up his '08-'09 performance last year, he still would've been better than Rondo even with Rondo's best season last year. Alas, Parker's plantar fascitis slowed his game down enough to let Rondo go past for that particular year (and he's still had a worse career than Parker by a large margin)

Anyway, I don't agree with the bolded bit. Most PGs in the NBA are not severely lacking in good jumpshots like Rondo and are usually called upon to hit open shots of screens. Most teams are built with that in mind. Most of them move well off the ball to knock down three pointers. Rondo cannot do either of those things well, which means his game would actually NOT translate well, while Parker's easily would. Rondo's assets are his slashing, passing, and defense, which work great for teams who already have plenty of shooters and post scorers, needing nothing but what Rondo does bring. How many teams in the league just have a bunch of shooters and post players, but basically no slashers? There's like 3, and one's Boston.

If you honestly put Parker or Rondo on for example, any of the below .500 teams in the league, who do you think would put up better numbers? The answer is obviously Parker. Rondo's stats would drop, Parker's would go up. Rondo's game is built around having a team full of scorers he can dish to. Parker can make his own shots any time he wants. With more given shots, he's just going to score more, though probably not at the same efficiency he enjoys in S.A..

And in case anyone missed what I said earlier, I'm not saying Parker's the better PG right now. It's Rondo, since Parker had a very slowed down year last year, and when you put that on top of Rondo's big 16 assist average so far this year it's hard to say Parker's better this year (so far). I'm just disagreeing that Rondo's game would translate better to other teams.

FYI Parker just had a 24/7/3/3 steals, 1 TO game against the 76ers, on 77% tonight, on 27 1/2 minutes played. He also completely shut down the guy he was guarding tonight. The opposing PG scored only 2 points when he was on the floor. He's not magically "done" or something just because he played through plantar fascitis for the last half of last season.

spursdynasty420
11-14-2010, 03:55 AM

so sick of ISH trash like you coming into threads posting shit like "this player is better then that playeR" give a ****in reason or shut the **** up you have no clue. parker is not only the better finisher at the rim then BOTH of those players hes the better shooter AND he plays defensive lanes just as GOOD if not better then rondo and rose

Manute for Ever!
11-14-2010, 04:09 AM

There is absolutely nothing wrong with her :confusedshrug:
Sure, Eva is hotter but that doesn't mean this chick isn't attractive

I meant in comparison to the goddess Tony is going home to then yes. But in all honesty i wouldnt pick her ass up at a bar

I call bullshit... unless it's because you're too young to get in.

imdaman99
11-14-2010, 04:23 AM
His gf is cute wtf, and Eva is not all that without airbrushing. Check her makeup-less pics if you don't believe me.

Regardless thats not the point. In terms of career accomplishments, TP is still higher but pretty soon Rondos gonna tear that wall down. As for Rose :lol he's not even the best PG of his draft :lol

Go Getter
11-14-2010, 04:24 AM
His gf is cute wtf, and Eva is not all that without airbrushing. Check her makeup-less pics if you don't believe me.

Regardless thats not the point. In terms of career accomplishments, TP is still higher but pretty soon is gonna tear that wall down. As for Rose :lol he's not even the best PG of his draft :lol

Nice trolling but stop playing.:oldlol:

spursdynasty420
11-14-2010, 04:26 AM
Nice trolling but stop playing.:oldlol:

i dont see how hes trolling its not like hes in here saying KOBE SUCKS hes establishing a legitament arguement roll with it argue it or get out

Go Getter
11-14-2010, 04:36 AM
i dont see how hes trolling its not like hes in here saying KOBE SUCKS hes establishing a legitament arguement roll with it argue it or get out

He's in a lot of Bull's threads dissing the Bulls.

Rose not being the best player in the 2008 draft has nothing to do with the subject at hand, he's trying to elicit emotion from Rose/Bull's fans.

Nero Tulip
11-14-2010, 05:45 AM
I guess Parker is still one of the most underrated players in the league?

He never got any respect, ever. I don't know where people are getting this "his game wouldn't translate to other teams" thing, nor why Rondo (one of my favourite players too), who has a very similar game, is apparently immune to it.

He's always been amazing at driving, finishing at the rim, and passing, now he's actually really good at shooting. When healthy he's one of the scrariest players in the league, PG or not. Rondo is playing incredibly well these days but I do believe he's better than Rose.

hitmanyr2k
11-14-2010, 07:24 AM
I guess Parker is still one of the most underrated players in the league?

He never got any respect, ever. I don't know where people are getting this "his game wouldn't translate to other teams" thing, nor why Rondo (one of my favourite players too), who has a very similar game, is apparently immune to it.

He's always been amazing at driving, finishing at the rim, and passing, now he's actually really good at shooting. When healthy he's one of the scrariest players in the league, PG or not. Rondo is playing incredibly well these days but I do believe he's better than Rose.

I don't think Parker is underrated at all. He's a shoot-first point guard that's been in the league 9 years and never really developed into a legit floor general. Parker's best asset to his team is scoring while the other top point guards in the league (Paul, D-Will, Nash) can effectively score and distribute the ball. Derrick Rose (as expected being in his third season) is starting to develop his point guard skills while remaining an effective scorer in the mode of Paul and Williams. After 9+ seasons I'm doubting Parker's game will ever reach that level.

2LeTTeRS
11-14-2010, 07:29 AM

She's not ugly at all, but she kind of looks like she could be his cousin or something. Maybe its the shape of their faces, but something about them just makes them resemble each other to me.

HorryIsMyMVP
11-14-2010, 07:43 AM
When Tony is at his best I like his game more then I do Rondo's. Of course this is from the point of view from being fun to watch.

Nero Tulip
11-14-2010, 08:52 AM
I don't think Parker is underrated at all. He's a shoot-first point guard that's been in the league 9 years and never really developed into a legit floor general. Parker's best asset to his team is scoring while the other top point guards in the league (Paul, D-Will, Nash) can effectively score and distribute the ball. Derrick Rose (as expected being in his third season) is starting to develop his point guard skills while remaining an effective scorer in the mode of Paul and Williams. After 9+ seasons I'm doubting Parker's game will ever reach that level.

Not sure what this means. Parker's role is to be a creator, wether that means shooting or passing the ball, which he does equally well. He will also give the ball to Duncan when they want him to play one on one. How is that any different from what the other guys you mentionned do?

niko
11-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Does Tony Parker pay you people or something? We get one of these a day? Gobb, you posted 1,000 times an hour, you don't see we get these threads every day? Did we really need another reason to give Tony Parker props?

The underrated one of the SA triumvarite is Duncan, because we spend so much time trying to syphon off his credit to Parker and Gino. Give me a DUNCAN IS UNDERRATED thread, because that's true, because that guy is top 10 all time kick ass level. Gino? Parker?

If you make a point every day to remind everyone how great and underrated someone is, is he really underated?

Yung D-Will
11-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Does Tony Parker pay you people or something? We get one of these a day? Gobb, you posted 1,000 times an hour, you don't see we get these threads every day? Did we really need another reason to give Tony Parker props?

The underrated one of the SA triumvarite is Duncan, because we spend so much time trying to syphon off his credit to Parker and Gino. Give me a DUNCAN IS UNDERRATED thread, because that's true, because that guy is top 10 all time kick ass level. Gino? Parker?

If you make a point every day to remind everyone how great and underrated someone is, is he really underated?

You Mean Richard Jefferson who's having a killer bounce back season

Nero Tulip
11-14-2010, 10:19 AM

Honestly all 3 are underrated. We should have "he's underrated" threads for Parker, Duncan and Manu stickied :D

DRoseOwnsACamry
11-14-2010, 10:40 AM
so sick of ISH trash like you coming into threads posting shit like "this player is better then that playeR" give a ****in reason or shut the **** up you have no clue. parker is not only the better finisher at the rim then BOTH of those players hes the better shooter AND he plays defensive lanes just as GOOD if not better then rondo and rose
There's nothing to explain. Rose does what Parker does, but better. Should we compare their stats?

Rose: 24/4/10

Rondo: 11/5/15

Parker: 18/3/8

Sorry, but Parker is clearly the worst of the three.

DeronMillsap
11-14-2010, 10:46 AM

link or go to hell

Wow..you guys. :facepalm

Mr. Jabbar
11-14-2010, 11:03 AM
At a first glance theread read: Tony Parker sent Rondo a Rose and a facebook message.

gay

IGOTGAME
11-14-2010, 12:13 PM

haha eva is far from a goddess.

Bigsmoke
11-14-2010, 12:53 PM

u do not watch Rose play

NuggetsFan
11-14-2010, 01:03 PM
As scorers Rose\Parker\Rondo. Setting the table for others, Rondo\Rose\Parker. Defensively give me Rondo\Parker\Rose. Rose does what Parker does best and that's score and he does it better. Rondo is more complete than both of them. At this point right now I'd take Rondo\Rose over Parker pretty easily. Once Parker regains form? I'm sure it'll be much closer.

niko
11-14-2010, 01:52 PM
You Mean Richard Jefferson who's having a killer bounce back season
Yes, let's make sure we give RJ props for 10 games after sucking for 82, you know because its so unfair to call out someone during an 82 game suckfest.

spursdynasty420
11-14-2010, 10:59 PM
There's nothing to explain. Rose does what Parker does, but better. Should we compare their stats?

Rose: 24/4/10

Rondo: 11/5/15

Parker: 18/3/8

Sorry, but Parker is clearly the worst of the three.

most moronic statement on ish from someone with drose in there name. jump off a cliff you stat whore. only stat that matters is CHAMPIONSHIPS

DRoseOwnsACamry
11-14-2010, 11:03 PM
most moronic statement on ish from someone with drose in there name. jump off a cliff you stat whore. only stat that matters is CHAMPIONSHIPS
:facepalm
Yes, it's Rose's fault he's been asked to be the face of the franchise and only started to receive help this season.
Unlike someone who's been carried to all but one of his rings... *cough*Parker*cough*

G-train
11-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Advantage Rondo due to his defensive ability, but Parker is a much better scorer. He could average 22-24 ppg if he wanted to.

G-train
11-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Rose is an athletic version of Parker but he is not as good at running the team. Advantage Rose as he is better defensively.

G-train
11-14-2010, 11:10 PM

Taj Gibson isn't exactly prime Duncan.

Dwade305
11-14-2010, 11:13 PM
:lol
Is that you Hubie Brown?

JustinJDW
11-15-2010, 12:17 AM
Tony Parker has always been very underrated and looked passed.

What I don't understand is how come every freaking time a thread is made about how underrated the Spurs or a Spur player is and how they deserve more props, there is always some guy that comes in and is like "OMG! SHUT UP!!11 WEE ALRDY KNOWS THEY R UNDERRATTED!!!!11 U SAID THAT ALREADDY!!!11" Then they proceed to go into another thread to suck Kobe's or Lebron's dick?

Shit doesn't make since to me. :confusedshrug:

Showtime
11-15-2010, 01:34 AM

what has Rondo done in this league aside from passing to 4 HOFers? If he was in Washington, do you think he'd be doing what Wall is doing? If he was in Chicago, would he be doing what Rose is doing? I don't think he could handle that role on a team for an entire season. Parker has proven that he can be both a supporting player next to Duncan, and with other guys hurt, lead the team. Rondo is a good support player and good PG, but why is he better than Parker?

spursdynasty420
11-15-2010, 02:11 AM

What I don't understand is how come every freaking time a thread is made about how underrated the Spurs or a Spur player is and how they deserve more props, there is always some guy that comes in and is like "OMG! SHUT UP!!11 WEE ALRDY KNOWS THEY R UNDERRATTED!!!!11 U SAID THAT ALREADDY!!!11" Then they proceed to go into another thread to suck Kobe's or Lebron's dick?

its the same ******* who never give the spurs any respect to. its obvious they have an agenda prime example niko. niko posts in EVERY spurs thread about negative shit. then you have the other 2-3 sh1t lickers with agendas

G-train
11-15-2010, 02:14 AM
Tony Parker simply isn't a good enough shooter, passer or defender to be considered a top 4 PG. But he is top 6/7.

spursdynasty420
11-15-2010, 02:16 AM

did you really just post in a thread with a stupid ass comment like that ?? so you can come in post a few smilies and think you are right?? you gotta be the dumbest **** on here

spursdynasty420
11-15-2010, 02:17 AM
Tony Parker simply isn't a good enough shooter, passer or defender to be considered a top 4 PG. But he is top 6/7.

hes a better shooter and a PROVEN shooter in the FINALS then BOTH rondo and rose THATS FACT PROVEN FACT

AirTupac
11-15-2010, 02:21 AM
This girl is diggin Rose a LOT.

http://www.candistar.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/marisa-bulls.jpg

G-train
11-15-2010, 02:24 AM
hes a better shooter and a PROVEN shooter in the FINALS then BOTH rondo and rose THATS FACT PROVEN FACT

All three are bad shooters. Rondo/Parker are practically left wide open.

So where do you rank Parker's shooting? I rate it poor. I rate Rondo's poor and Rose's average now.

Further to that Rose and Rondo are now much better defenders than Parker.

They are slightly better overall now.

spursdynasty420
11-15-2010, 02:30 AM
All three are bad shooters. Rondo/Parker are practically left wide open.

So where do you rank Parker's shooting? I rate it poor. I rate Rondo's poor and Rose's average now.

Further to that Rose and Rondo are now much better defenders than Parker.

They are slightly better overall now.

take away all 3 players pasts. say this is there rookie season. parker is having the better season hes the better defender this YEAR 9 games in and the better shooter

G-train
11-15-2010, 02:33 AM
I'm not doubting that Parker is haing a great season.
Problem is Deron, Paul, Rondo and Rose are having better ones.

G-train
11-15-2010, 02:34 AM
take away all 3 players pasts. say this is there rookie season. parker is having the better season hes the better defender this YEAR 9 games in and the better shooter

You lose all respect in this argument by saying Parker is a better defender.

spursdynasty420
11-15-2010, 02:41 AM
You lose all respect in this argument by saying Parker is a better defender.

i could careless what a forum nerd thinks of me. go ask anyone who has watched all 9 spurs games. hes playing the lanes better then he EVER has even when he was a rookie he played the lanes and gambled more then he ever did and pop obviously cut him down on that. now hes back to doin it but succeeding i dont know if pop and him worked on that this summer or what but he is clearly a better defender this year then he has ever been. can he keep it up ? who knows but right now hes a better defender then both of them. hes picking the pocket of the opposing team better then each of those players also. this year

SinJackal
11-15-2010, 02:42 AM
When Tony is at his best I like his game more then I do Rondo's. Of course this is from the point of view from being fun to watch.

Spurs? "FUN TO WATCH"!?

Negged.

j/k, I didn't neg you.

SinJackal
11-15-2010, 02:49 AM
Yes, it's Rose's fault he's been asked to be the face of the franchise and only started to receive help this season.
Unlike someone who's been carried to all but one of his rings... *cough*Parker*cough*

Parker was actually fairly decent for the '03 ring, and was good in '05. Very good in '07. As he's progressed as a player, his role's gotten larger and he hasn't disappointed at all until he developed plantar fascitis last season. So I wouldn't say he's been "carried to his rings". He obviously never won as the best player on the team though, but then again no one's saying he did. He's always been the #2-3 best player on the team, depending on if Ginobili was healthy or not.

Blue.Legend
11-15-2010, 03:28 AM

Why is McLovin cut out from this picture?

Blue.Legend
11-15-2010, 03:30 AM
This girl is diggin Rose a LOT.

http://www.candistar.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/marisa-bulls.jpg

Honestly with the amount of Money NBA players make, they can get any kind of girl they want. Props to Rondo for sticking with the girl that was with him when he had nothing.

DRoseOwnsACamry
11-15-2010, 08:10 AM

Why is McLovin cut out from this picture?
To be totally honest, Rondo's gf looks related to him

niko
11-15-2010, 09:38 AM
its the same ******* who never give the spurs any respect to. its obvious they have an agenda prime example niko. niko posts in EVERY spurs thread about negative shit. then you have the other 2-3 sh1t lickers with agendas
I don't think Parker is a top 3 or 4 PG currently in the NBA. I don't think Gino is a top 3-5 SG all time. If you think those are agendas then too bad. Find me something negative you EVER say about your own team. You pick them to win the title every year, you pick them to win every series, every game, and every player on your team is super duper fantastic, and when they lose, you say FOUR TITLES *******! instead of admitting those days are past.

You don't get props for being a stan, sorry...

niko
11-15-2010, 09:40 AM

There is one EVERY day. Saying Parker is not a top 5 PG in the league is insulting? That he might somehow be 6-10? That he might somehow benefit from playing with the greatest big man of our generation? Like every other guard that ever lives also does?

Exactly how much props do Spurs fans need?

Hagbard
11-15-2010, 09:45 AM
I don't think Parker is a top 3 or 4 PG currently in the NBA. I don't think Gino is a top 3-5 SG all time. If you think those are agendas then too bad. Find me something negative you EVER say about your own team. You pick them to win the title every year, you pick them to win every series, every game, and every player on your team is super duper fantastic, and when they lose, you say FOUR TITLES *******! instead of admitting those days are past.

You don't get props for being a stan, sorry...
Duncan's the PF GOAT.
Parker's probably in the 6-10 range among current PG's, and was probably top 5 during his peak.
Manu is probably top 15-20 all time among SG's, and easily top 5 today.

Add it all up, and it's no surprise there was a mini-dynasty there.

I agree that I don't see a whole lot of overrating or underrating of Spurs, either here or in the media.

Bigsmoke
11-15-2010, 10:22 AM

yea, The Spurs are o so mighty powerful

Duncan = top 5 ever
Manu = top 3 SG ever
Parker= top 3 PG right now
DeJaun Blair = rookie of the year
San Antonio = greatest city in the country

Arroyo8
11-15-2010, 10:30 AM
http://www.since1910.com/engagement-ring-blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/082907_longoria_400x400-300x300.jpg

like parker cares about top 5 pg ratings...

SinJackal
11-15-2010, 10:31 AM
Duncan's the PF GOAT.
Parker's probably in the 6-10 range among current PG's, and was probably top 5 during his peak.
Manu is probably top 15-20 all time among SG's, and easily top 5 today.

Add it all up, and it's no surprise there was a mini-dynasty there.

I agree that I don't see a whole lot of overrating or underrating of Spurs, either here or in the media.

You must be missing all the hate and naysaying then. Barely anyone here gives the Spurs props besides Spurs fans, and there aren't even that many of those on here. There's like less than ten Spurs fans on the board, and only about 5 of them even post frequently (that's 5 including me, one only posts in the Spurs team forumm, and another one of the other 4 is a troll :facepalm So there's like 3 Spurs fan posters who represent them in the NBA Forum).

And aside from Spurs fans, there's barely half a dozen people who even give as much a a single passing positive comment about them on here. Everyone else either says: "The Spurs are done", "the Spurs are too old" (even though they only have 3 players over 30), "the Spurs will be lucky to make the playoffs" (while saying the Thunder will be the 2-3 seed at the same time. -_- ..), or some random hate comment about either Parker, Duncan, or Ginobili either saying they're done, they suck, or are overrated despite the fact that nobody's giving them any props besides trolls who are trying to make people hate on them by claiming they're the best in the league, and random Spurs fans in game threads saying they're having a good game and might be top 5 at their position this year. That's the extent of how real Spurs fans rate them.

I look at all the threads about the Spurs, or their players, and in my estimation, around 90-95% of the posts made about SA from non Spurs fans are negative ones. The only times they get any props is after they beat a tough team or win seven straight games, then people act like they've been saying they'd be good even though I know for a fact they said they would be the 7-8 seed at best and be done after this season, or said they'd straight up miss the playoffs.

They're definitely not even close to even being in the ballpark of being overrated. There's plenty of people who try to besmirch the titles they already won too, with lame comments like "the league was watered down so they didn't matter". They rarely get any props at all on here.

vinsane01
11-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Parker is playing very good at the moment and probably has a case for being called the 3rd best PG in the league. But the league has a lot of talent in the point guard position that to take him out of the top 5 isnt really that surprising. You got Paul, Deron, Rose, Nash, Rondo, Westbrook, Monta and Jennings.

At the end of the day those kind of rankings dont mean anything and is most likely based on numbers alone. Bottom line is the spurs are winning and tony is a big part of it. As a spurs fan i wouldnt care less if he's out of the top 5 or even 10 in peoples eyes, as long is he's doing what it takes to help the team win.

RajonKGcelts
11-15-2010, 11:07 AM
haaaaaa Rondo>Parker

I won't even talk about Rose

ninephive
11-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Yah it would be hard to carry him to that third one considering he was the Finals MVP. And why is Rose in this conversation? Because he's never won a playoff series?

jasonresno
11-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Yah it would be hard to carry him to that third one considering he was the Finals MVP. And why is Rose in this conversation? Because he's never won a playoff series?
Dan Marinos a shitty QB, too. Never won a Superbowl.

Fail argument is fail.

hitmanyr2k
11-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Parker was actually fairly decent for the '03 ring, and was good in '05. Very good in '07. As he's progressed as a player, his role's gotten larger and he hasn't disappointed at all until he developed plantar fascitis last season. So I wouldn't say he's been "carried to his rings". He obviously never won as the best player on the team though, but then again no one's saying he did. He's always been the #2-3 best player on the team, depending on if Ginobili was healthy or not.

Parker in '03 was exactly like Rondo in '08...just lucky to be there. And once Jason Kidd ate Parker's lunch in the Finals it was up to Speedy Claxton to step up and clean up the mess. Parker in '05 was a lot like Rondo in '10. Vastly improved but still had glaring weaknesses at the point...both players really had no consistent jumpshot to depend on and relied on open court play. Once again Parker was getting his lunch money stolen by Billups in the '05 Finals on both ends so they stuck Bowen on Billups and had Ginobili/Barry running the point in crucial games. And in Game 7 they practically hid Parker and specifically featured Duncan/Ginobili. There's no way in hell any of the top point guards get their PG duties stripped away from them. So yeah, Parker has rings but he's had his ups and downs in SA's title runs.

blondie
11-15-2010, 04:21 PM
It said...

was this an attempt at humor?

DRoseOwnsACamry
11-15-2010, 06:49 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

We're comparing SKILL, not ****ing careers.

spursdynasty420
11-17-2010, 02:38 AM

yah we are comparing skill and tony parker has more skill and would do better on a shittier team then rondo AND rose would. hes the better scorer the better finisher at the rim down the lane the better shooter i could go on

jasonresno
11-17-2010, 02:42 AM
yah we are comparing skill and tony parker has more skill and would do better on a shittier team then rondo AND rose would. hes the better scorer the better finisher at the rim down the lane the better shooter i could go on
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn159/Captain802_Second/obvious_troll.jpg

spursdynasty420
11-17-2010, 02:51 AM
lol jason which part do you disagree with? please tell me instead of calling me a troll so i can shut you down on that to. 0 basketball knowledge PU SSY

jasonresno
11-17-2010, 02:53 AM
lol jason which part do you disagree with? please tell me instead of calling me a troll so i can shut you down on that to. 0 basketball knowledge PU SSY
I have this rule where I don't argue with literally retarded kids. It's not fair for anyone.

spursdynasty420
11-17-2010, 02:59 AM
I have this rule where I don't argue with literally retarded kids. It's not fair for anyone.

you mean you have this rule where you act like a troll and spew shit on forums and never back it up because you have 0 basketball knowledge. check and negged cause im sure thats important to you.

jasonresno
11-17-2010, 03:05 AM
you mean you have this rule where you act like a troll and spew shit on forums and never back it up because you have 0 basketball knowledge. check and negged cause im sure thats important to you.
Buddy, your reputation is so terrible on here your "negs" literally do nothing. It's like it never happened. Much like your posts making any sort of sense.

spursdynasty420
11-17-2010, 03:07 AM
Buddy, your reputation is so terrible on here your "negs" literally do nothing. It's like it never happened. Much like your posts making any sort of sense.

keep talking trash without providing any insight or knowledge on the situation because you dont have any. yes you were successfully negged.

jasonresno
11-17-2010, 03:10 AM
keep talking trash without providing any insight or knowledge on the situation because you dont have any. yes you were successfully negged.
http://i54.tinypic.com/1zew6sk.jpg

Annnnd ignored.

spursdynasty420
11-17-2010, 03:17 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/1zew6sk.jpg

Annnnd ignored.

LOL you took all that time to do that and you spend all this time talking sh1t with no insight or basketball knowledge or why you think anyone is wrong. you just spew crap you are the one who looks like the fool. i can sit here and dispute your sh1t you cant do anything about what i say but ignore me. i win

jasonresno
11-17-2010, 03:29 AM
LOL you took all that time to do that and you spend all this time talking sh1t with no insight or basketball knowledge or why you think anyone is wrong. you just spew crap you are the one who looks like the fool. i can sit here and dispute your sh1t you cant do anything about what i say but ignore me. i win
It takes me longer to try and figure out what the **** your 'tarded little fingers are trying to type then it took me to press "print screen".

steve franchise
11-17-2010, 03:36 AM
Thanks for confirming what a moron you are, spursdynasty420.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/8067/spursdynasty.png

:roll:

spursdynasty420
11-17-2010, 03:40 AM
you guys crack me up for real i just cant help but laugh.

seriously though why is rondo the better shooter then parker? hes never shown to be the proven better shooter

why is rose the proven better shooter then parker??

parker is the better shooter out of both of them and hes proven it IN THE FINALS and outside of the finals

what makes you think that rose is the better finisher at the rim then parker?? because he can dunk sometimes????

what makes you think rose or rondo would do better on a shittier then parker would?? you cant answer any of these questions you can just cry. i win

DRoseOwnsACamry
11-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Rose and Rondo are better then Parker. That's it. Case closed. Everyone but retarded Spurs homers realize that.

Draz
11-17-2010, 11:09 AM
rose is over rated. rondo cant shoot. what makes cp3 and parker along with d will ahead is their ability to shoot.

ninephive
11-17-2010, 11:53 AM

Correct, and most people who win Finals MVP trophies have a bit of skill.

Kobe Bryant, Paul Pierce, Tony Parker, Dwayne Wade, Tim Duncan, Chauncey Billups, Shaquille O'Neal, Micahel Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwan, Isaiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, James Worthy, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, etc, etc, etc.

jasonresno
11-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Correct, and most people who win Finals MVP trophies have a bit of skill.

Kobe Bryant, Paul Pierce, Tony Parker, Dwayne Wade, Tim Duncan, Chauncey Billups, Shaquille O'Neal, Micahel Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwan, Isaiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, James Worthy, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, etc, etc, etc.
At this point in their respective careers Rose & Rondo >>>>>>>>>>>> Tparker.

spursdynasty420
11-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Rose and Rondo are better then Parker. That's it. Case closed. Everyone but retarded Spurs homers realize that.

what a surprise another comment from someone with rose or RONDO in there name saying something like "hes better na na na" fuqing douchebag trash posts that give no insight is to be expected i guess from ish pus sies like you

ImmortalNemesis
11-17-2010, 03:58 PM
what a surprise another comment from someone with rose or RONDO in there name saying something like "hes better na na na" fuqing douchebag trash posts that give no insight is to be expected i guess from ish pus sies like you

I sense an insecure butt hurt Spurs fan.

Rose and Rondo are BY FAR better than Parker. Parker is good but Rose and Rondo are on another level.

Only a retarded Spurs homer would say otherwise.

spursdynasty420
11-17-2010, 04:02 PM

Rose and Rondo are BY FAR better than Parker. Parker is good but Rose and Rondo are on another level.

really because ive stated reasons why i think parker is better then both and all you DOUCHEBAGS can say is " HES BETTER MEEHHHH" sounds like you are the unsightful butt hurt b1tch

spursdynasty420
11-17-2010, 04:02 PM

really because ive stated reasons why i think parker is better then both and all you DOUCHEBAGS can say is " HES BETTER MEEHHHH" sounds like you are the unsightful butt hurt b1tch

ImmortalNemesis
11-17-2010, 04:06 PM

First of all, what the f*ck is "unsightful". Don't get your big girl panties in a bunch.

Rose and Rondo are BY FAR better, there is nothing to discuss here. Parker is not even a top 5 PG in the league. Rondo and Rose at least have a shot at making the list. It's funny how you call everyone douchebags and b*tches, someone sounds mad. Change your tampon.

spursdynasty420
11-17-2010, 04:07 PM
First of all, what the f*ck is "unsightful". Don't get your big girl panties in a bunch.

Rose and Rondo are BY FAR better, there is nothing to discuss here. Parker is not even a top 5 PG in the league. Rondo and Rose at least have a shot at making the list. It's funny how you call everyone douchebags and b*tches, someone sounds mad. Change your tampon.

there you go again posting and spewing sh1t. all you do is say "hes not top 5 hes better hes not better" why dont you give a reason f@ggot??? thats the problem with ish people like you. ive given reasons and yes tony is a top 5 pg

ImmortalNemesis
11-17-2010, 04:12 PM
there you go again posting and spewing sh1t. all you do is say "hes not top 5 hes better hes not better" why dont you give a reason f@ggot??? thats the problem with ish people like you. ive given reasons and yes tony is a top 5 pg

Tony Parker is not better than: Nash, Rondo, Rose, Williams, Paul. That is a fact.

You've been name calling pretty much all this time.

How about you take a seat right there and explain yourself. Elaborate for me and post reasonable arguments. Not some bullshit argument pulled out of your ass like "Parker has been playing the lanes so good this year".

spursdynasty420
11-17-2010, 09:36 PM
Tony Parker is not better than: Nash, Rondo, Rose, Williams, Paul. That is a fact.

You've been name calling pretty much all this time.

How about you take a seat right there and explain yourself. Elaborate for me and post reasonable arguments. Not some bullshit argument pulled out of your ass like "Parker has been playing the lanes so good this year".

ive already posted 4-5 reasons why and you have STILL yet to post one. pu ssy

DRoseOwnsACamry
11-17-2010, 09:42 PM
How insecure are you, troll?
Everyone agrees that Parker is worse than Rose and Rondo except for retarded, angry Spurs fans like you.
Please GTFO of here.

BullsAj
11-17-2010, 09:48 PM
... Rose doesn't have Facebook, twitter, or social networking matter of fact & :

At this point in their respective careers Rose & Rondo >>>>>>>>>>>> Tparker.Rose and Rondo are better then Tony Parker.

DRoseOwnsACamry
11-17-2010, 09:50 PM
ive already posted 4-5 reasons why and you have STILL yet to post one. pu ssy
And you've been proven wrong on all of your points. Whatever Parker does, Rose does better.
And Rondo? Are you SERIOUSLY going to try to say that Parker is better than the #2 Candidate in the MVP race? :facepalm

spursdynasty420
11-17-2010, 09:50 PM
How insecure are you, troll?
Everyone agrees that Parker is worse than Rose and Rondo except for retarded, angry Spurs fans like you.
Please GTFO of here.

obviously not everyone. read the thread

DRoseOwnsACamry
11-17-2010, 09:52 PM
obviously not everyone. read the thread
EVERYONE that knows their basketball agrees that Rose and Rondo are better then Parker.

spursdynasty420
11-17-2010, 10:43 PM
EVERYONE that knows their basketball agrees that Rose and Rondo are better then Parker.

i can say the same thing. everyone that KNOWS basketball agrees that tony is the better player and would be better on a worse team then they would of worse teams.

DRoseOwnsACamry
11-17-2010, 10:46 PM
i can say the same thing. everyone that KNOWS basketball agrees that tony is the better player and would be better on a worse team then they would of worse teams.
Thing is, they don't, and he won't.

spursdynasty420
11-17-2010, 11:13 PM

thing he they will and he will

DRoseOwnsACamry
11-17-2010, 11:14 PM
thing he they will and he will
Nope. Sorry.

spursdynasty420
11-18-2010, 12:27 AM
Nope. Sorry.

well well well look who is OUTPLAYING rose

TONY ****ING PARKER

DRoseOwnsACamry
11-18-2010, 12:39 AM

TONY ****ING PARKER
...Not quite. :oldlol:
Just cuz his team is winning doesn't mean he's outplaying him.

steve franchise
11-18-2010, 02:41 AM
he was cheating with eva earlier in their marriage with some woman and kept contact with her thru facebook
so probably thats the only reason why he would be there :oldlol:

jasonresno
11-18-2010, 03:03 AM

TONY ****ING PARKER
You are the dumbest ****ing person I've ever had the mispleasure of mincing words with. You should have been aborted while still in your mothers womb. The fact that you can type and spell, at at least a rudimentary level, is astounding in itself. Whatever teacher got stuck with the unenviable position of helping your dumbass through school deserves the highest honors there are.

You are what is wrong with the world.

You. dumb. ****ing. ****.

/blocked.

ninephive
11-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Wow, great logic. It is true, you don't give any valid reasons. You just keep saying he's better. Well, it's nice to know you have an opinion as well. Oh yah, and TP could put up crazy numbers on a crappy team like the Bulls too. Pretty much anyone with any skill could on a team that has won 1 playoff series in 12 years.

JustinJDW
11-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Scoring
Rose
Parker

Rondo

Passing and Creating
Rondo

Parker
Rose

But scoring PG's do ten to get overrated a bit. (Rose, Evans, Wall, Westbrook). Why? Because they are scoring PG's. People have always admired and promoted the skills of a scorer opposed to that of a creator. That's just the way it is.

TheSituation
11-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Eva shoujld start dating a Spur like George Hill or a rapper like 50 cent. that would make TP real mad i bet.

GOBB
02-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Funny thread, OP is a clown

dunksby
02-18-2012, 08:08 PM
He just sent a nasty to message to CP3!

millwad
02-18-2012, 08:22 PM

It's a Gobb-thread, they always suck.

poido123
02-18-2012, 08:40 PM
These are the type of threads that fuel hate towards opposing teams fans...All 3 players are great in their own right, I enjoy watching all 3 of them, as much as I love the bulls, it doesnt give me the need to feel that I have to pull down other stars on their respective teams to make Rose any better than he is.

I greatly respect Parker and what the Spurs collectively have done as a team, they do remind me a little of the current Bulls team, and year after year they continue to perform, such a well run organisation the spurs are.

As for my opinion on the comparison? Its too hard to say, I will note that Rose is every good of a finisher around the basket as Parker is, and he can thank absurd athleticism for that.

GOBB
05-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Pretty cool thread by me. Of course now Rose stepped his game up. But how much better is Rondo over Tony Parker?

nathanjizzle
05-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Rondo is better than Parker. The people ranking Rose over him are delusional Chicago homers that claim Jordan would average 50 ppg in today's game

:roll: at parker and rondo being better than derrick rose.

nathanjizzle
05-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Pretty cool thread by me. Of course now Rose stepped his game up. But how much better is Rondo over Tony Parker?

yo gobb, you know derrick rose was better than rondo and parker in 2010 right?

GOBB
05-13-2012, 11:02 AM
yo gobb, you know derrick rose was better than rondo and parker in 2010 right?

Nope he wasnt. Tony Parker was coming off a season that Derrick Rose now generally puts up. Runtelldat.

CelticBaller
05-13-2012, 11:03 AM
He is and its going to be like that until rose develops a consistent shot :confusedshrug:

nathanjizzle
05-13-2012, 11:08 AM
He is and its going to be like that until rose develops a consistent shot :confusedshrug:

:roll: you girls are jokes. and i hope your talking about parker having a consistent shot and not rondo.

CelticBaller
05-13-2012, 11:16 AM
:roll: you girls are jokes. and i hope your talking about parker having a consistent shot and not rondo.
Rondo is a better rebounder, passer, defender and is developing a shot. Your little god just tore his ACL so who knows how much his explosiveness suffered. Unless he develops a consistent shot I don't see how he is better than Rondo(that is if he lost most of his explosive ness)

BlackWhiteGreen
05-13-2012, 11:32 AM

Their knees are better.

nathanjizzle
05-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Rondo is a better rebounder, passer, defender and is developing a shot. Your little god just tore his ACL so who knows how much his explosiveness suffered. Unless he develops a consistent shot I don't see how he is better than Rondo(that is if he lost most of his explosive ness)

yea, rondo is such a great defender. thats why rose tied the all time record of most points scored in first playoff game in his rookie season against rondo

just look up derrick rose vs boston celtics and youll see how overrated your making rondo as a defender, when rose consistently scores 30 points against the celtics.

you already seen what kind of team the bulls are without Rose.

GOBB
05-29-2012, 09:57 PM
:pimp: Nuff said.

Tenchi Ryu
05-29-2012, 09:59 PM
If we legitimately got beat, yea. But ACL injury don't count for me. Rose was gonna be on a mission this postseason, his first game he flirted with a triple double.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Pacquiao
05-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Parker is underrated

inclinerator
05-29-2012, 10:15 PM
best pg in the game, best finisher
pretty good passer

DStebb716
05-29-2012, 10:20 PM
No. It probably said: voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir.

Akrazotile
04-24-2015, 02:14 AM

:roll: :facepalm :biggums:

Akrazotile
04-24-2015, 02:16 AM
Gayest thread title ever but funny how the goblet was actually right.

clipps
04-24-2015, 04:30 AM
:roll: Rondo is a joke. I like how his shot improved. Tony Parker is the most underrated PG of all time. This forum ranks stars based on rings, yet Rondo/Rose>Parker?:facepalm

RoundMoundOfReb
04-24-2015, 04:36 AM
damn humor on this forum was pathetic before i got here. you're welcome

ILLsmak
04-24-2015, 08:46 AM
was expecting one of those fake FB screenshots.

-Smak

k0kakw0rld
04-24-2015, 09:21 AM
Better at what?

GOBB
04-24-2015, 10:08 AM
Gayest thread title ever but funny how the goblet was actually right.

Get off my d!ck already

Akrazotile
05-19-2015, 05:30 PM
Labran sent boris diaw a facebook message.

Akrazotile
05-19-2015, 05:30 PM
Get off my d!ck already

Akrazotile
07-03-2016, 05:05 PM

Jasper
07-03-2016, 06:52 PM
It said...

2010 post thread , plez quite bring these back.. . :D

FultzNationRISE
11-07-2019, 02:13 AM
GOAT thread

FultzNationRISE
11-07-2019, 02:19 AM
Also, Parker finished comfortably ahead of Rondo in career ranking. I admit to being wrong in hindsight.