PDA

View Full Version : Barkley Responds to LeBron's Tweet

Pages : [1] 2

Meticode
08-12-2010, 11:03 AM
LeBron James said via twitter recently that's he's keeping track of everyone, and he means everyone, who criticized him this summer amid his departure from Cleveland. You can move Charles Barkley to the head of LeBron's list. Never at loss for words, Barkley responded on 103.3 FM ESPN in Dallas yesterday, "I think that, number one, LeBron can go where he wants to. I had a couple of problems about the special. Thank God I was in Canada and didn't have to watch it, I thought that was stupid. I thought he should have told the Cavaliers in advance. And third, I think this thing has been planned all along and that's the only thing that really disturbs me...No matter how many he wins in Miami, it clearly is Dwyane Wade's team."

http://proxy.espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter/post/_/id/73056/10a-et-fog-delaying-pga-championship-merriman-ends-holdout-barkley-responds-to-lebrons-tweet

tpols
08-12-2010, 11:05 AM
barkley:facepalm this guy is beating it to death now. It is NOT wade's team.

zORi
08-12-2010, 11:10 AM

Actually.....it is.

brooks_thompson
08-12-2010, 11:10 AM

sez you

Meticode
08-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Why is it not Wade's team?

bada bing
08-12-2010, 11:19 AM

you are being delusional. go seek help at once. It is Wade's team and that was shown throughout the introduction of hte players when wade was in the middle surrounded by lebron and bosh. was also shown through out the press conferences and with every pic they took as a team. It is wade's team and you are being a delusional jackass if you think its not.

tpols
08-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Because lebron is the better player, will control the ball more often (wade is a decent off the ball player; lebron has never played off the ball), and if the heat win the championship, I guarantee lebron gets the FMVP. Lebron is already ahead of wade on the mvp predictions so this should tell you enough. Lebron, even if he can act like a bitch is still the best player in the game right now.

Meticode
08-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Because lebron is the better player, will control the ball more often (wade is a decent off the ball player; lebron has never played off the ball), and if the heat win the championship, I guarantee lebron gets the FMVP. Lebron is already ahead of wade on the mvp predictions so this should tell you enough. Lebron, even if he can act like a bitch is still the best player in the game right now.
So you honestly feel LeBron came to the Heat and Wade has been there his entire career and even brought a championship no lelss than 4 years ago, this is LeBron's team? And Wade even recruited him there.

jbryan1984
08-12-2010, 11:23 AM
I love Barkley. I hope Jordan, Bird and Magic respond to the tweet to.

Yung D-Will

Best player doesn't mean it's his team.

KG was the best player on Boston but you'd be labeled a retarded if you said it was his team over Pierce.

Se
Nice one Chuck. LeBron needs to respect past greats. Guy is a b*tch.

Meticode
08-12-2010, 11:24 AM

KG was the best player on Boston but you'd be labeled a retarded if you said it was his team over Pierce.
This was my consensus. I think he doesn't know what we mean by "Wade's team."

tpols
08-12-2010, 11:26 AM
So you honestly feel LeBron came to the Heat and Wade has been there his entire career and even brought a championship no lelss than 4 years ago, this is LeBron's team? And Wade even recruited him there.
I don't care who went where. Cleveland is a very crappy place and its hard to attract people there especially compared to south beach (one of the most desirable places in the country).

Lebron is the best player in the league. I don't think you guys will disagree about that. Lebron will be the statistical leader on this team and take over.

Yung D-Will
08-12-2010, 11:27 AM
I don't care who went where. Cleveland is a very crappy place and its hard to attract people there especially compared to south beach (one of the most desirable places in the country).

Lebron is the best player in the league. I don't think you guys will disagree about that. Lebron will be the statistical leader on this team and take over.

You're not getting in.

If Kobe came to the Spurs in like 07. It would still be Duncan's team.:oldlol:

tpols
08-12-2010, 11:28 AM

I never really thought about whose team boston's was. I just though of them as the big three. They were all pretty even in their runs in terms of impact.

Lebron and wade are two top three guys. It's definitely different here when were talking about the best player in the league coming over.

tpols
08-12-2010, 11:29 AM
You're not getting in.

If Kobe came to the Spurs in like 07. It would still be Duncan's team.:oldlol:
But duncan was arguably the better player that year:confusedshrug:

Yung D-Will
08-12-2010, 11:30 AM
I never really thought about whose team boston's was. I just though of them as the big three. They were all pretty even in their runs in terms of impact.

Lebron and wade are two top three guys. It's definitely different here when were talking about the best player in the league coming over.

It doesn't make a difference if hes the best player or not. Lebron at most is slightly better then Wade.

Just like KG was slightly better then Piece

And Wade's been on that team since he was drafted and won that team a championship by putting them on his back in the finals and remained loyal every year.

It's his team.

Yung D-Will
08-12-2010, 11:30 AM

Ok then 08 :oldlol:

What's your point

Pointguard
08-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Didn't Barkley join Houston and totally messed a good team up because he wouldn't accept that he should defer to Akeem? That's really ironic.

tpols
08-12-2010, 11:33 AM
It doesn't make a difference if hes the best player or not. Lebron at most is slightly better then Wade.

And Wade's been on that team since he was drafted and won that team a championship by putting them on his back in the finals and remained loyal every year.

It's his team.
If lebron were to win a mvp would everyone still say its wade's team? (he's ahead of him here)

If lebron were to win FMVP would evryone still proclaim it as wade's team?

We all know there's unspoken tension between these two guys in terms of who does better. Lebron will be actively trying to take over. This wouldn't happen with KG and Pierce since they don't have as big of egos and they have never been debated against each other nor do they play the same style/position.

tpols
08-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Ok then 08 :oldlol:

What's your point
Eh.. that's still iffy because duncan and kobe play different positions and styles. Duncan's defensive impact on that team is so substantial that it would make up for his lack of scoring when compared to kobe. If they were on the same team, they would both have equal impacts on its success.

Meticode
08-12-2010, 11:36 AM
If lebron were to win a mvp would everyone still say its wade's team? (he's ahead of him here)

If lebron were to win FMVP would evryone still proclaim it as wade's team?

We all know there's unspoken tension between these two guys in terms of who does better. Lebron will be actively trying to take over. This wouldn't happen with KG and Pierce since they don't have as big of egos and they have never been debated against each other nor do they play the same style/position.
Then it's up for debate since he'll actually accomplished something Miami versus nothing, but that's not happened at all. He just came in and people are like "It's LeBron's team." No it isn't. It's no more his team than when it wasn't Garnett's team when he came on the team being better than Pierce and in the MVP discussions in 2008.

Se
08-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Didn't Barkley join Houston and totally messed a good team up because he wouldn't accept that he should defer to Akeem? That's really ironic.

Nope. They played very well together. It was Pippen vs Barkley that f*cked up that team.

Meticode
08-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Eh.. that's still iffy because duncan and kobe play different positions and styles. Duncan's defensive impact on that team is so substantial that it would make up for his lack of scoring when compared to kobe. If they were on the same team, they would both have equal impacts on its success.
And LeBron and Wade won't have equal success since they're both in their current primes and Wade/LeBron have been in the top 3 MVP voting the last 2-3 years? :facepalm

tpols
08-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Then it's up for debate since he'll actually accomplished something Miami versus nothing, but that's not happened at all. He just came in and people are like "It's LeBron's team." No it isn't. It's no more his team than when it wasn't Garnett's team when he came on the team being better than Pierce and in the MVP discussions in 2008.
Ok I'm sorry, I didn't mean it as right now its his team off the bat but it will be by the end/middle of the season. There's no doubt that the media will blame lebron for its failure, say he can't win etc. or praise him for it if they win.

tpols
08-12-2010, 11:40 AM
And LeBron and Wade won't have equal success since they're both in their current primes and Wade/LeBron have been in the top 3 MVP voting the last 2-3 years? :facepalm
ok, whose team it is is based off of mass opinion. The media will affect how people view whose team this is. The media is much bigger on lebron than wade. If they win/lose you can be sure lebron will either catch the heat or be praised boosting his stock in the team.

Pointguard
08-12-2010, 11:41 AM

It's his team.

In Boston the true fans know whose team it is. The team took on KG's personality. It was a totally different team the day KG arrived and it was shaped around KG assets and not Pierce's. No way does that team make it out of the East playing Pierce ball like they had for 10 years. Pierce totally changed his game. KG deferred everything to Pierce and Allen and called it an ensemble from the beginning.

redbull
08-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Lebron has done nothing wrong aside from that stupid special, at the end of the day does that really validate all the ridiculous hate everytime the man opens his mouth. OK he issues a statement saying he's taken note of everyone who has taken shots at him, not calling out anyone specifically by name or group. Well why don't we all fly off the ****in handle about it! As much as I want to see these ultra-squads go down, all the hate from media/fans is mad immature and unnecessary. If this Bulls team can't get to the top, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Miami win the next 5 titles just to shut everyone up.

tpols
08-12-2010, 11:50 AM
In Boston the true fans know whose team it is. The team took on KG's personality. It was a totally different team the day KG arrived and it was shaped around KG assets and not Pierce's. No way does that team make it out of the East playing Pierce ball like they had for 10 years. Pierce totally changed his game. KG deferred everything to Pierce and Allen and called it an ensemble from the beginning.
:applause:

sipitri
08-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Lebron's decision shows that he doesn't give a sh!t about whose team the miami heat are.

Yung D-Will
08-12-2010, 11:51 AM

^ Can we get a Boston fan in here to confirm that cause I've never heard that from any Boston fan.

cavsfanatic
08-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Barley also said "them dancing like that was a punk move" I agree with that 100%. Oh yea It's wade's team. Lebron needs wade to win a title. Wade got a ring already

Team_Hollywood
08-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Another LeBron hate thread? :oldlol: This is getting pretty pathetic now. LeBron is clearly the best player in the league, and the Miami Heat is his team. You haters can talk out of your asses all you want, doesn't change the fact that LeBron is the leader of the Heat. It's funny reading all these butt hurt Cleveland fans' posts. *cough* Meticode *cough*

Get over it. That's all.

WE DA BESS

Yung D-Will
08-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Another LeBron hate thread? :oldlol: This is getting pretty pathetic now. LeBron is clearly the best player in the league, and the Miami Heat is his team. You haters can talk out of your asses all you want, doesn't change the fact that LeBron is the leader of the Heat. It's funny reading all these butt hurt Cleveland fans' posts. *cough* Meticode *cough*

Get over it. That's all.

WE DA BESS

Hmm I wonder how long you were a heat fan.

:rolleyes:

dynasty1978
08-12-2010, 11:58 AM

If the Heat were to adopt one player's personality, wouldn't Wade be the obvious choice? As it is, he already commands the most respect from his teammates, management, and city.

tpols
08-12-2010, 11:59 AM
^ Can we get a Boston fan in here to confirm that cause I've never heard that from any Boston fan.
The celtics went from 16th in defensive ranking to 1st when KG came over. It's no doubt they became a defensive juggernaut because of him.

cavsfanatic

Get over it. That's all.

WE DA BESS
Lmao at your join date. You can't be serious

haterofhaters
yeah it is

cavsfanatic
08-12-2010, 12:01 PM

He's been a heat fan since July 8th at 9:25 pm

Pointguard
08-12-2010, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE=Se

Noob Saibot
08-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Charles Barkley never has anything intelligent to say. The same moron who joined the Rockets with Hakeem, Pippen, & Drexler to win a championship, that backfired big time.

cavsfanatic
08-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Before that, when Clyde was still on the team. Barkley went into the playoffs and kept shooting and missing against Utah. He didn't get it in his head that he should let Akeem get the ball in the post where nobody on Utah could guard him. But Barkley just kept shooting. Pippen was later.
It's Hakeem u fool

tpols
08-12-2010, 12:08 PM
If the Heat were to adopt one player's personality, wouldn't Wade be the obvious choice? As it is, he already commands the most respect from his teammates, management, and city.
How can you adopt it when its already been there? Lebron's got one of the biggest personalities, if not the biggest, in the game. He will shine through as the heat's leader this season. The team's leader is based off of opinion. The media influences opinion. Lebron is in the media 24/7 and that coupled with him being the better player will lead to him taking over this team.

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Lebron has done nothing wrong aside from that stupid special, at the end of the day does that really validate all the ridiculous hate everytime the man opens his mouth. OK he issues a statement saying he's taken note of everyone who has taken shots at him, not calling out anyone specifically by name or group. Well why don't we all fly off the ****in handle about it! As much as I want to see these ultra-squads go down, all the hate from media/fans is mad immature and unnecessary. If this Bulls team can't get to the top, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Miami win the next 5 titles just to shut everyone up.
how the fck is it gonna shut everyone up when that is one of the main points...lebron is taking the easy way out. i just can not understand the idiots saying everyone will shut up when they win. no, nobody will shut up, in fact it will bring about much more hate.

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Before that, when Clyde was still on the team. Barkley went into the playoffs and kept shooting and missing against Utah. He didn't get it in his head that he should let Akeem get the ball in the post where nobody on Utah could guard him. But Barkley just kept shooting. Pippen was later.
who the fck is akeem? how old are you?

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-12-2010, 12:12 PM
How can you adopt it when its already been there? Lebron's got one of the biggest personalities, if not the biggest, in the game. He will shine through as the heat's leader this season. The team's leader is based off of opinion. The media influences opinion. Lebron is in the media 24/7 and that coupled with him being the better player will lead to him taking over this team.
i just cant wait for the loyal heat/wade fans vs. lebron fanboys. it is going down, bank on that.

Pointguard
08-12-2010, 12:13 PM

All two teammates? Its different if Miami was fixed before Lebron came but this team is rebuilt from the bottom up. The management and city is on a whole different level than it was before. They had Wade and they had low expectations for some time now. Now they have Lebron and they feel like they are a dynasty. There is a reason for that. Plus there is a shift in who is the primary ball handler. The shifts that have been made make this a whole new start.

I don't think the Heat fans are saying to each other we are going to see Wade ball this year. They are looking at it totally different just as the management and city is.

tpols
08-12-2010, 12:14 PM
All two teammates? Its different if Miami was fixed before Lebron came but this team is rebuilt from the bottom up. The management and city is on a whole different level than it was before. They had Wade and they had low expectations for some time now. Now they have Lebron and they feel like they are a dynasty. There is a reason for that. Plus there is a shift in who is the primary ball handler. The shifts that have been made make this a whole new start.

I don't think the Heat fans are saying to each other we are going to see Wade ball this year. They are looking at it totally different just as the management and city is.
This is another great point. When lebron joined they had what two people on their roster?

Team_Hollywood
08-12-2010, 12:14 PM

How is that relevant to the subject?

WE DA BESS

Pointguard
08-12-2010, 12:15 PM
How could you not know who Akeem is? How old are you?

tpols
08-12-2010, 12:15 PM
How could you not know who Akeem is? How old are you?
I think he's referring to you spelling hakeem wrong.

sipitri
08-12-2010, 12:17 PM
His original name was Akeem I think.

gts
08-12-2010, 12:17 PM
I think he's referring to you spelling hakeem wrong.his name was akeem before hakeem

tpols
08-12-2010, 12:18 PM
his name was akeem before hakeem
Yea i don't know, i'm just saying why the other guy replied to him (he thought pointguard spelled it wrong).

jjayfive
08-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Because lebron is the better player, will control the ball more often (wade is a decent off the ball player; lebron has never played off the ball), and if the heat win the championship, I guarantee lebron gets the FMVP. Lebron is already ahead of wade on the mvp predictions so this should tell you enough. Lebron, even if he can act like a ***** is still the best player in the game right now.

Tony Parker won final's MVP but it was still Duncan's team.... For once I agree with Barkley..

game3524
08-12-2010, 12:25 PM

This.

Pointguard
08-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Actually, in a lot of countries they drop the H sound. So you will see it as Akeem here and there. No biggie. I was just watching a movie called "Coming to America" and think I came up with a name change.

tpols
08-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Tony Parker won final's MVP but it was still Duncan's team.... For once I agree with Barkley..
That's a totally different scenario. First off, a lot of people believed duncan deserved it. Second, you're comparing a, at worst, top 3 player that year to a top 15 guy:confusedshrug:

Team_Hollywood
08-12-2010, 12:28 PM

Tony Parker won MVP because he overplayed Duncan. But Duncan was still the over all better player, see where I'm going? Your example doesn't make sense and its presented all wrong. LeBron James is clearly the best player in the league, and the Miami Heat is his team.

WE DA BESS

Pointguard
08-12-2010, 12:30 PM

Do you really need to? Sport Illustrated wanted only KG on the cover but he insisted the other two join him. You really think they were playing Pierce ball? You think Celtic fans didn't change the way they thought about their team? You think they were thinking Pierce offense after the first game?

tpols
08-12-2010, 12:30 PM
This.

This.

game3524
08-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Do you really need to? Sport Illustrated wanted only KG on the cover but he insisted the other two join him. You really think they were playing Pierce ball? You think Celtic fans didn't change the way they thought about their team? You think they were thinking Pierce offense after the first game?

The Celtics were Pierce's team, even KG and Ray said so. Pierce was/is the face of the Boston Celtics.

catch24
08-12-2010, 12:33 PM

Prior to his pro career (well, even during the first few years in Houston), he went by 'Akeem'..

As for the OP. RIGHT NOW, Miami is clearly Wade's team. We'll see how that pans out during the season.

Aye Dee
08-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Barkley has as many rings as I do....0!

jbot
08-12-2010, 12:36 PM
i still think Wade will have the ball in his hands the most but that seems to be the problem. Wade and Lebron play better with the ball in their hands so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Phong
08-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Barkley has as many rings as I do....0!And he has the same as LeBron does. Your point?

whatever666
08-12-2010, 12:37 PM

^This...

I love Wade but the only reason Lebron is saying that its Wades team is to be kind... we all know whos team that will become or whos team it already is.

gts
08-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Barkley has as many rings as I do....0!then we'll just have to use stats and old game footage when we compare your games

game3524
08-12-2010, 12:42 PM
^This...

I love Wade but the only reason Lebron is saying that its Wades team is to be kind... we all know whos team that will become or whos team it already is.

It is Wade's team, he has won without Lebron. That is thing Lebron fans keep missing, the general public and most people who are not Lebron fans say it is Wade's team.

whatever666
08-12-2010, 12:42 PM
And he has the same as LeBron does. Your point?

The point is... Lebron can do and wants to do something about it and has more than enough time to do something about, meanwhile Barkley has never really wanted to do something like this about it until the later stages in his career, in his prime all he really wanted was to be on a one man team for the rest of his career and shine his stats..... he wanted Lebron to be like him or something.

Now that Lebron clearly shows he doesnt want money and doesnt want to have the best stats... that all he wants is those championships.... it hurts Barkleys feelings, Barkley thought Lebron would turn down this oppurtunity and stay RINGLESS for the rest of his career in that one man scrub team.

Making this kindof brave move Lebron did, Barkley would NEVER do.... RINGLESS people stay RINGLESS....

Lebron doesnt want to be that, Lebron doesnt want anything anymore besides those rings... he would rather be like BILL RUSSELL... rather than CHARLES BARKLEY

whatever666
08-12-2010, 12:45 PM
It is Wade's team, he has won without Lebron. That is thing Lebron fans keep missing, the general public and most people who are not Lebron fans say it is Wade's team.

What has he won without Lebron (and without Shaq mind you).

After Shaq left Wade has been in the same one man team, scrub teammates situation as Lebron until to this day..... and we all know who was more successfull with similar situations, it clearly wasnt Wade....

Pointguard
08-12-2010, 12:52 PM
This is another great point. When lebron joined they had what two people on their roster?

Exactly Tpols, the team was gutted out. I am pretty sure there was only one player on the team officially at the time Lebron agreed to join the team and that was Chalmers and maybe one of the rookies were signed?

game3524
08-12-2010, 12:53 PM
What has he won without Lebron (and without Shaq mind you).

After Shaq left Wade has been in the same one man team, scrub teammates situation as Lebron until to this day..... and we all know who was more successfull with similar situations, it clearly wasnt Wade....

Wade has a ring, and he was the reason they got to the finals and won, Shaq was on the decline, and a mere shell of himself in the finals. Lebron fans can deny it, but the fact remains Wade has won without him.

Meticode
08-12-2010, 12:56 PM

Get over it. That's all.

WE DA BESS
I'll use lube next time. I've learned my lesson.

Aye Dee
08-12-2010, 12:57 PM

My point is no one cares what Barkley has to say he hasnt won anything

Team_Hollywood
08-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Wade has a ring, and he was the reason they got to the finals and won, Shaq was on the decline, and a mere shell of himself in the finals. Lebron fans can deny it, but the fact remains Wade has won without him.

Shaq was a top MVP candidate that year, fact. Shaq was on the decline, but he was still a top player in the league. Wade won MVP but Shaq was up there with him. LeBron is the leader of the Miami Heat. LeBron haters can deny but it won't change the fact that LeBron is the best player in the league.

WE DA BESS

Meticode
Charles Barkley never has anything intelligent to say. The same moron who joined the Rockets with Hakeem, Pippen, & Drexler to win a championship, that backfired big time.
Different circumstances, different situation.

whatever666

What part of the "Without Shaq" and being in the same situation as Lebron didnt you understand??? :no:

Shaq was on the decline, but still the best Center in the NBA.... He was a 20-10 guy, it was not the same 40 year old Shaq Lebron had, who was more like a 9-7 guy....

The point is with same situations Wade was never more successfull than Lebron, never more consistant than Lebron and never had better season performance than Lebron and NEVER made his scrub teammates better than Lebron............ its not even debatable ok?

Meticode
08-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Shaq was a top MVP candidate that year, fact. Shaq was on the decline, but he was still a top player in the league. Wade won MVP but Shaq was up there with him. LeBron is the leader of the Miami Heat. LeBron haters can deny but it won't change the fact that LeBron is the best player in the league.

WE DA BESS
It doesn't matter what you say, if LeBron came out and sad Wade is the leader of the team you'll still say LeBron is the leader.

Team_Hollywood
08-12-2010, 12:59 PM

Move on.

WE DA BESS

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Prior to his pro career (well, even during the first few years in Houston), he went by 'Akeem'..

As for the OP. RIGHT NOW, Miami is clearly Wade's team. We'll see how that pans out during the season.
damn i feel stupid :hammerhead: i actually do remember people referring to him as akeem even after he changed his name. on a side note, anyone remember akeem from wwf lol?

Team_Hollywood
08-12-2010, 01:01 PM
It doesn't matter what you say, if LeBron came out and sad Wade is the leader of the team you'll still say LeBron is the leader.

Because he is, LeBron is the top player in the league, not Wade. The early 2000's Lakers belonged to Shaq, because he was the best player back then.

WE DA BESS

JM720
08-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Some keep saying Lebron is the better player in a way that you would think its by a mile, His and wade's talents are very close. You are talking about 2 of the top 3 guys here.

Team_Hollywood
08-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Some keep saying Lebron is the better player in a way that you would think its by a mile, His and wade's talents are very close. You are talking about 2 of the top 3 guys here.

Shaq was the best player for L.A a decade ago, but Kobe wasn't far behind. So it doesn't matter if LeBron is slightly better, he still is. That team belongs to LeBron.

WE DA BESS

indiefan24
08-12-2010, 01:04 PM

Shaq was a huge reason why they were even in the Finals.

Wade is the reason why they won the Finals.

indiefan24
08-12-2010, 01:05 PM

He warned you that he's "Da Bess".

whatever666
08-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Different circumstances, different situation.

Come on, Lebron has already tried for 7 years to become the first in NBA history to win a championship all by himself.... was never gona happen and never did in NBA history, never will.

Then he became a freeagent, he has done his part of the contract and is now --->FREE<--- agent, he found himself having 3-4 teams heading in a better directions than Cavs............ he would be stupid to come back to Cavs and his "Pippen" or "Kareem" in Moverrated Williams.

Even if Lebron came back to Cavs, people would go:

"Oh Lebron is such a douche!! He turned down those teams just so he can have STATS and $$$$$$ and stay RINGLESS!!"

LEBRON IS NEVER IN A WIN WIN SITUATION!

game3524
08-12-2010, 01:08 PM
What part of the "Without Shaq" and being in the same situation as Lebron didnt you understand??? :no:

Shaq was on the decline, but still the best Center in the NBA.... He was a 20-10 guy, it was not the same 40 year old Shaq Lebron had, who was more like a 9-7 guy....

The point is with same situations Wade was never more successfull than Lebron, never more consistant than Lebron and never had better season performance than Lebron and NEVER made his scrub teammates better than Lebron............ its not even debatable ok?

What part of Shaq being a shell of himself do you not understand. Lebron fans are funny, now D-Wade's ring doesn't count because he played with a decling Shaq? The fact is Wade won as the main guy and was the reason that team won, the Heat had no business winning a championship.

Meticode
08-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Because he is, LeBron is the top player in the league, not Wade. The early 2000's Lakers belonged to Shaq, because he was the best player back then.

WE DA BESS
Sure.

game3524
08-12-2010, 01:10 PM

WE DA BESS

What?

Maybe in 04-05, but Shaq was no MVP candidate in 05-06 when they won the championship. Also Shaq only averaged 14 a game in the finals that year, are Bron fans this stupid?

cavsfanatic
TRUE heat fans will always say wade better and its wade team. I asked my friend how'd it feel to have the best player in the league join yo team? He said "we already had the best player in the league on our team" one girl I know in Miami said she happy he came but wade better. Team Hollywood ain't a real heat fan. Ask any heat fan and they'll say wade better.

Aye Dee
What part of Shaq being a shell of himself do you not understand. Lebron fans are funny, now D-Wade's ring doesn't count because he played with a decling Shaq? The fact is Wade won as the main guy and was the reason that team won, the Heat had no business winning a championship.

Shaq was NOT a shell of himself in 06, he was declining...he's a shell of himself NOW

Meticode
08-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Come on, Lebron has already tried for 7 years to become the first in NBA history to win a championship all by himself.... was never gona happen and never did in NBA history, never will.

Then he became a freeagent, he has done his part of the contract and is now --->FREE<--- agent, he found himself having 3-4 teams heading in a better directions than Cavs............ he would be stupid to come back to Cavs and his "Pippen" or "Kareem" in Moverrated Williams.

"Oh Lebron is such a douche!! He turned down those teams just so he can have STATS and $$$$$$ and stay RINGLESS!!"

Like I said, different situation. All those players on Houston were well past their primes, but still good. None of them were getting paid the money they were getting paid earlier in their career. Miami spent 80%+ of their budget on 3 out of 15 players. All these players are in their primes, all of these players would have better legacies if they went and won it on their own. Or at least tried too during their primes.

catch24
08-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Shaq was NOT a shell of himself in 06, he was declining...he's a shell of himself NOW

It was still Wade's team and Wade's ring (hence the Finals Mvp). It's no different with Kobe and Shaq. Shaq's teams, Shaq's rings.

Pointguard
08-12-2010, 01:21 PM
The Celtics were Pierce's team, even KG and Ray said so. Pierce was/is the face of the Boston Celtics.

KG does that to defer to PP. Pierce ball was unsuccessful for 10 years. KG comes to town and they play KG ball. Doc Rivers changed everything about the previous team's culture to a KG culture. The team was pretty much gutted out like Miami was.

That team looked, played and had KG's personality, his aggressive mind set, his court priorities, he was at the commands shouting out the defensive shifts and the team had his manacle take no prisoners defense. They were no longer a team that played offensive minded team that disregarded defense like the Pierce team's.

If a team has your personality, mindset, and strong points and before it had another guys personality, mindset and strong points you can believe all you want that its the guy with the old way's team, despite them functionally totally different. The people really into it know. The manager's know. The teammate's know.

bagelred
08-12-2010, 01:21 PM

Holy sh-t. The Heat got Kobe Bryant TOO. Just wow.........

Pointguard
08-12-2010, 01:24 PM
I don't think you grab the best guy in the game and don't give him space to be the best. Meaning Lebron has to be Lebron.

CoryThaGr8
08-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Right now its wade team due to seniority that can change with what happens on the court though but I can't see a team not taking on brons personality he seems to have a lot of fun while playing the younger players may attach on to that not sure bout the vets though

tpols
08-12-2010, 01:40 PM
TRUE heat fans will always say wade better and its wade team. I asked my friend how'd it feel to have the best player in the league join yo team? He said "we already had the best player in the league on our team" one girl I know in Miami said she happy he came but wade better. Team Hollywood ain't a real heat fan. Ask any heat fan and they'll say wade better.
It doesn't matter if nostalgic heat fans want to say wade's their leader. I'm a huge nets fan and I always though jkidd was our leader even in 06 and 07 when carter clearly took his place. Wade's time as the man is over. Lebron will be the heat's leader through their playoff runs.

tpols
08-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Holy sh-t. The Heat got Kobe Bryant TOO. Just wow.........
I think kobe is number 2 behind lebron right now. Peak Lebron>32 year old kobe.

dynasty1978
08-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Right now its wade team due to seniority that can change with what happens on the court though but I can't see a team not taking on brons personality he seems to have a lot of fun while playing the younger players may attach on to that not sure bout the vets though

If they want to have fun, Bron is a great act to follow. If they want to compete and be champions, Wade has the pedigree. I think both will have their influence on the team, but it's hard not to lean towards the guy who's been to the top.

LA_Showtime
08-12-2010, 01:47 PM
I think kobe is number 2 behind lebron right now. Peak Lebron>32 year old kobe.

The fact that it's still a discussion is kind of sad.

Most young superstars force their way into the discussion and do something that says, "I'm the next big thing; goodbye, ____." LeBron hasn't done it yet, which is sort of disappointing.

Indian guy
08-12-2010, 01:54 PM
The fact that it's still a discussion is kind of sad.

Err, what? There isn't a single superstar in league history who wasn't beasting at Kobes's age.

iamgine
08-12-2010, 01:55 PM
It is currently Wade's team. It will be Lebron's team after one season.

tpols
08-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Err, what? There isn't a single superstar in league history who wasn't beasting at Kobes's age.
Not superstars that came out of high school...

LA_Showtime
08-12-2010, 01:57 PM

He's going to be entering his 15th year in the league.

Indian guy
08-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Not superstars that came out of high school...

KG put up an MVP season in Boston at 31. Moses put up 24/12 at 31. Those are the only 2 HS superstars besides Kobe.

chopchop20
08-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Barkley got in dat A.SS!!!

tpols
08-12-2010, 02:44 PM
KG put up an MVP season in Boston at 31. Moses put up 24/12 at 31. Those are the only 2 HS superstars besides Kobe.
And KG clearly wasn't as dominant as he was in minnesota as he was with the celtics. How is 18/9 a MVP season?:facepalm Not to mention he wasn't even 32 yet.

Moses put up a 24/11 season at 31 but was clearly on the decline by that time in his career.

Top prospects like Tmac and jermaine oneal have declined significantly to the point of nothing by that age.

Kobe is a standout because he relies on skill moreso than the other guys so his longevity is prolonged but to argue that coming out of H.S. doesn't put a hamper on your later years is dumb. Its more wear and tear.

Indian guy
08-12-2010, 02:57 PM
And KG clearly wasn't as dominant as he was in minnesota as he was with the celtics.

Only because he didn't need to be. He went from a bottom 5 team to the best team in the league.

How is 18/9 a MVP season?:facepalm

19/9/54%(career best) + DPOY is an MVP-caliber season. He also had the 4th best PER in the league. He was the leading MVP candidate before injury. Ended up finishing 4th in the voting.

Not to mention he wasn't even 32 yet.

Neither was Kobe last season. We don't know what Kobe will do at 32.

Moses put up a 24/11 season at 31 but was clearly on the decline by that time in his career.

Point is he was still a great basketball player. Kobe's on the decline too.

Top prospects like Tmac and jermaine oneal have declined significantly to the point of nothing by that age.

Both were dealt with career-altering injuries very early in their career.

Kobe is a standout

There's nothing out of the norm about Kobe still managing to be a great player at 31. That's been the case with all NBA superstars in league history in their early 30's.

SYM86
08-12-2010, 02:58 PM

sounds like the holleywood drama moved to Miami next few years.

tpols
08-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Point is he was still a great basketball player. Kobe's on the decline too.

And that is why I said peak lebron is > declining kobe.

thejumpa
08-12-2010, 03:02 PM
And KG clearly wasn't as dominant as he was in minnesota as he was with the celtics. How is 18/9 a MVP season?:facepalm Not to mention he wasn't even 32 yet.

Kobe is a standout because he relies on skill moreso than the other guys so his longevity is prolonged but to argue that coming out of H.S. doesn't put a hamper on your later years is dumb. Its more wear and tear.

Huh? TMac relies on his skills just as much as Kobe did. Same with Jermaine O'Neal. The only difference is they had serious injuries that cut their career short. If Kobe had back issues or microfacture surgery in his 8-10th season, the result would be the same.

tpols
08-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Huh? TMac relies on his skills just as much as Kobe did. Same with Jermaine O'Neal. The only difference is they had serious injuries that cut their career short. If Kobe had back issues or microfacture surgery in his 8-10th season, the result would be the same.
Yea my bad I meant with KG and moses. They have tremendous skill as well but their games were reliant on athleticism-rebounding-banging down low. Kobe and tmac are actually very similar in how they play.

john_d
08-12-2010, 03:16 PM
this thread is getting derailed fast.

i like barkey comments. he kinds of gives the fans a voice, since most ( if not all ) real bball fans agree with his sentiments.

i don't know why lebron fans still insist on defending his actions.

thejumpa
08-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Yea my bad I meant with KG and moses. They have tremendous skill as well but their games were reliant on athleticism-rebounding-banging down low. Kobe and tmac are actually very similar in how they play.

Gotcha. KG did in fact rely on his athleticism a lot. But hey, you can't blame him. If I was that gifted at 7'0, I'd do the same. No one was even close to how athletic he was. Can't say the same for Moses but I'd supposed the same would be true.

Andrei89
08-12-2010, 03:19 PM
1 Lebron triple double and Barkley will quickly lean on ""Maybe it's their team"" argument

Miami is Wade. But i have the feeling it will soon be Lebron and Wade

NBASTATMAN
08-12-2010, 03:23 PM

Yes it is.. Wade has won a title... This is WADES' TEAM... Sorry Lebron..

tpols
08-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Yes it is.. Wade has won a title... This is WADES' TEAM... Sorry Lebron..
that was 4 years ago...stop living in the past. They didn't bring the best player in the league and back to back MVP onto their team so he could play second banana to wade.

Andrei89
08-12-2010, 03:27 PM
that was 4 years ago...stop living in the past. They didn't bring the best player in the league and back to back MVP onto their team so he could play second banana to wade.

Right now its D-wade's team no matter what ppl say.

But when Lebron starts playing just as good or who knows even better. It will be the Lebron's-Wade's team duo

Team_Hollywood
08-12-2010, 03:28 PM
This is pretty hilarious. :oldlol: It's like Kobe fan boys trying to argue the Lakers back in the day were Kobe's team; when clearly, Shaq was the best player and the leader of that team.

This is LeBron's team, deal with it haters.

WE DA BESS

ShaqAttack3234
08-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Wade is the face of the Miami Heat, but Lebron is no sidekick. Most have considered him to be better than Wade the last 3 seasons. They may be a 1.A/1.B type duo, but calling Lebron a sidekick is ridiculous when he's won the last 2 MVP awards.

Inception
08-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Who cares whose team it is? That kind of talk is a little childish don't you think?

Samurai Swoosh
08-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Wade is the face of the Miami Heat, but Lebron is no sidekick. Most have considered him to be better than Wade the last 3 seasons. They may be a 1.A/1.B type duo, but calling Lebron a sidekick is ridiculous when he's won the last 2 MVP awards.
Wade was a LEGIT MVP candidate in 2009. If the Heat record was better I'd even say he would've been the favorite. Wade was stuck on a team full of scrubs, and LeBron had the best regular season team two years in a row ... that was the deciding factor in the 2009 MVP race. Not pure individual play.

niko
08-12-2010, 04:38 PM

Because there is not allowed to be even one negative thing about Lebron's move, don't you understand?

tpols
08-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Because there is not allowed to be even one negative thing about Lebron's move, don't you understand?
knicks fans:roll:

Bosnian Sajo
08-12-2010, 04:46 PM

It really is...

niko
08-12-2010, 04:49 PM
knicks fans:roll:

i had this similar fights with kobe nut huggers in years passed, it's 100% nto my fault the lebron **** suckers have flown passed them.

Lebron is joining WADE's team. Get over it. He knows it, he doesn't care, YET you are fighting it to the death.

chazzy
08-12-2010, 04:57 PM
This is pretty hilarious. :oldlol: It's like Kobe fan boys trying to argue the Lakers back in the day were Kobe's team; when clearly, Shaq was the best player and the leader of that team.

This is LeBron's team, deal with it haters.

WE DA BESS

Completely different situation because this team HASN'T PLAYED A SINGLE GAME. If Wade went to Cleveland instead and put up slightly better numbers than Lebron, would people say it's Wade's team?

gasolina
08-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Just for kicks I googled "Miami Heat" just now... and what do I see?

Yeah boy... a picture of D-Wade :D

tpols
08-12-2010, 04:59 PM
i had this similar fights with kobe nut huggers in years passed, it's 100% nto my fault the lebron **** suckers have flown passed them.

Lebron is joining WADE's team. Get over it. He knows it, he doesn't care, YET you are fighting it to the death.
Check my posts man. I defend kobe WAY more than I do lebron. Kobe's been my favorite player for the past few years because my team hasn't been on in the playoffs. You're the one that got extremely offended at lebrons 'threat' lol. :lol If he was on your team though you'd be on his dick so hard it wouldn't be funny.

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-12-2010, 05:01 PM
i hope an unexpected twist comes about and it becomes bosh's team.

thejumpa
08-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Check my posts man. I defend kobe WAY more than I do lebron. Kobe's been my favorite player for the past few years because my team hasn't been on in the playoffs. You're the one that got extremely offended at lebrons 'threat' lol. :lol If he was on your team though you'd be on his dick so hard it wouldn't be funny.

+1

We would hear "LeBron to Amar'e pick and rolls...Knicks 2011 champions!" all day...

oh the horror
08-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Sorry ladies, but it is indeed "Wade's team"

What is meant by that, is it is Wade's in terms of heart and soul. Wade was drafted BY MIAMI, and has spent his entire career there, and has gone through the ups, and downs, brought a championship there, and an awful season.

Just because a "better player" joins the team later, it doesnt become that player's team suddenly. Only children think this way.

It will always be viewed as Wade's team. Barkley knows it, and everyone else knows it. Its how its viewed generally in sports.

You can argue it all you'd like, but that is the way of the sporting world for the most part.

Anything said by anyone to disagree is just opinion. Its WADE'S TEAM.

tpols
08-12-2010, 05:14 PM

What is meant by that, is it is Wade's in terms of heart and soul. Wade was drafted BY MIAMI, and has spent his entire career there, and has gone through the ups, and downs, brought a championship there, and an awful season.

Just because a "better player" joins the team later, it doesnt become that player's team suddenly. Only children think this way.

It will always be viewed as Wade's team. Barkley knows it, and everyone else knows it. Its how its viewed generally in sports.

You can argue it all you'd like, but that is the way of the sporting world for the most part.

Right now it can be argued as wade's team. Once they start playing lebron ball though...

and 'whose team it is' will always be a matter of opinion.

iamgine
08-12-2010, 05:15 PM

Isn't that also just opinion?

Team_Hollywood
08-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Completely different situation because this team HASN'T PLAYED A SINGLE GAME. If Wade went to Cleveland instead and put up slightly better numbers than Lebron, would people say it's Wade's team?

If Wade went to Cleveland and if he were the better player, then yes it would be Wade's team. LeBron James is clearly the better player out of those two and he's the leader of that team.

WE DA BESS

TMacYaoRockets
08-12-2010, 05:16 PM
It's cause people think he has better stats, more awards and honors than D-Wade even though D-Wade is another dominate superstar that's won a NBA Finals MVP and a NBA Championship.

oh the horror
08-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Right now it can be argued as wade's team. Once they start playing lebron ball though...

and 'whose team it is' will always be a matter of opinion.

It could be opinion, but im telling you right now, the vast majority die hards will probably tell you the same. A new player walking into a team that isnt "his own" doesnt suddenly make it HIS team, over the superstar that has BEEN there already. It just DOESNT go down like that.

And you're crazy if you think they'll be playing "Lebron ball"....This is what makes Lebron going there so interesting....we get to see how HE adapts to a new system of play.

niko
08-12-2010, 05:39 PM

no, i got pissy when people said it wasn't an implied threat, that somehow he was taking names because of some other reason. Stupidity offends me. Liek the people who somehow think Wade is a second banana when nothing this offseaon has pointed to that at all.

Kurosawa0
08-12-2010, 05:42 PM
It's about who the best player on the floor is. Period. If LeBron is the best player on Miami, any championships they win will be credited to him more than anyone. That also swings Wade's way as well though.

206kid
08-12-2010, 05:46 PM
It is Wade's team, and D-Wade > Lebron James

tpols
08-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Just say 'no' man.

Sarcastic
08-12-2010, 05:53 PM

You are close.

It's Wade's team, but LeBron James > DWade.

Soundwave
08-12-2010, 05:56 PM
I have to agree with something someone else said in another thread ... if Miami and Chicago were the best two options for him, it's better to be in Wade's shadow for a couple of seasons rather than Jordan's shadow for an eternity.

LeBron is three years younger than Wade too. At some point younger legs may prevail.

I'm not really even sure if I subscribe to this whole theory to begin with. If in a parrallel situation, Jordan in his prime was a UFA and opted to sign in Portland ... it would become Jordan's team in pretty short order over Drexler.

Sarcastic
08-12-2010, 05:58 PM
I have to agree with something someone else said in another thread ... if Miami and Chicago were the best two options for him, it's better to be in Wade's shadow for a couple of seasons rather than Jordan's shadow for an eternity.

LeBron is three years younger than Wade too. At some point as the years go on, Wade will need him more than the other way around.

I hear NY was also an option. If he goes to NY he becomes the shadow.

Soundwave
08-12-2010, 06:00 PM
I hear NY was also an option. If he goes to NY he becomes the shadow.

NY just didn't have the right pieces. And honestly that organization -- no offense to the fans who are great and deserve better -- is run by idiots (ie: trying to bring back Isiah Thomas into the fold says pretty clearly this is a group that just doesn't get it).

Killer_Instinct
08-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Hilarious.

Sarcastic
08-12-2010, 06:06 PM
NY just didn't have the right pieces. And honestly that organization -- no offense to the fans who are great and deserve better -- is run by idiots (ie: trying to bring back Isiah Thomas into the fold says pretty clearly this is a group that just doesn't get it).

Amare + Lebron alone is a title contender. They could also add another piece later on with Curry's expiring. Best thing of is Lebron keeps his dignity and does not have to play in any shadows. His road to a title would have been a tad rougher, but that is what builds character. If he brought NY a title, he would become the biggest star in NY since Babe Ruth (that is including Joe Dimaggio and Mickey Mantle[maybe not Mickey because he is such an American icon]).

oh the horror
08-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Lebron doesnt know what it means to "build character" dude. This much we've seen from his behavior over the years. He reaks of a spoiled child mentality. Incredible basketball player, but a child none the less.

Kurosawa0
08-12-2010, 06:20 PM
I have to say I may not watch Inside the NBA this season. It's going to be really bad with this Barkley and Kenny.

branslowski
08-12-2010, 06:30 PM
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn105/dante1st/lebronbaby.jpg
:lol :lol :lol

PistolPete
08-12-2010, 06:49 PM

Then you obviously don't know much about basketball and you should study the game a bit more. Wade was drafted by this team, Wade has won a Championship with this team, and Wade is the best player on this team. When you add all that up, this is Wade's team. For as much as I hate Miami and their sorry ass fans, this is Wade's team.

Kurosawa0
08-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Then you obviously don't know much about basketball and you should study the game a bit more. Wade was drafted by this team, Wade has won a Championship with this team, and Wade is the best player on this team. When you add all that up, this is Wade's team. For as much as I hate Miami and their sorry ass fans, this is Wade's team.

I just have a problem with calling Wade the best player on the team when LeBron has consistently always been the better of the two. Besides, LeBron's the guy that has to make this work. He's got to be the glue. The guy who creates, attacks in transition and crashes the boards. Wade can have the higher ppg average, but I think LeBron ends up being the best overall player on the team.

gilalizard
08-12-2010, 06:55 PM
It's Wade's team. LeBron hopped on the bandwagon AFTER Bosh joined Wade. No matter how good he is as a player, he'll always have run to join Wade and Bosh because he didn't have the iron in his soul to lead his own team.

It doesn't really compare to the Boston, Pierce/Garnett dynamic. Pierce never won a ring before Garnett came. Wade has already won one for Miami when LeBron jumped onto the Wade/Bosh party. And so long as Wade and Lebron are on the same team, Wade will always have brought one more ring to Miami.

Wade's team as long as Wade is on it.

Kurosawa0
08-12-2010, 06:58 PM
It's Wade's team. LeBron hopped on the bandwagon AFTER Bosh joined Wade. No matter how good he is as a player, he'll always have run to join Wade and Bosh because he didn't have the iron in his soul to lead his own team.

It doesn't really compare to the Boston, Pierce/Garnett dynamic. Pierce never won a ring before Garnett came. Wade has already won one for Miami when LeBron jumped onto the Wade/Bosh party. And so long as Wade and Lebron are on the same team, Wade will always have brought one more ring to Miami.

Wade's team as long as Wade is on it.

See, that's just trying to push an opinion, rather than looking at what will actually happen on the court. It's not about "what's in this guy's soul." It's about how the game is played. That is what will determine which player ultimately gets the credit for hypothetical wins

Lord Leoshes
08-12-2010, 07:05 PM
I love Barkley. I hope Jordan, Bird and Magic respond to the tweet to.

Yeah me too. I hope everyone & their grandmother starts talking crap over, & over, & over again so it gives them more motivation to come in seriously pissed off & ready to prove everyone wrong. :applause:

I love it just keep throwing wood into that fire. :rolleyes:

alanLA92
08-12-2010, 07:08 PM
the miami heat is wade's team lebron was the player of the franchise in cleveland but he left there to go to someone else's team. lebron won 2 MVPS, 0 titles, 0 finals games, and hasnt played one game as a heat

while wade has won 0 MVPS,1 title, and has played his entire career in miami

JMT
08-12-2010, 07:11 PM
It's about who the best player on the floor is. Period. If LeBron is the best player on Miami, any championships they win will be credited to him more than anyone. That also swings Wade's way as well though.

That's just not true.

Grew up a Sixers fan, so that's the example that comes immediately to mind. Moses was the best player on the team; arguably the best in the league. But there was never any question that it was Doc's team.

Robinson's team, despite Duncan emerging as the better player. Walton always said it was Mo Lucas' team. It was Unseld's team, despite the presence of Big E. The list goes on.

It's not always about the best player. More often, it's about the strongest personality, the one with stability, bragging rights and credentials. Wade has those.

It appears to me that James has shown a disinclination to be the leader of a team. Strong leaders rarely look to others to overcome their shortcomings. It's why so many of the all timers have shown disdain for his move. The alpha dog defends his turf above all else, convinced that he can triumph by virtue of his will, skill and determination.

It's not a slam against him. Some people are simply not born to lead, despite incredible skill or physical talents.

G-train
08-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Why is it anyones team?

Meticode
08-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Why is it anyones team?
Because there are always leaders.

gilalizard
08-12-2010, 07:32 PM
See, that's just trying to push an opinion, rather than looking at what will actually happen on the court. It's not about "what's in this guy's soul." It's about how the game is played. That is what will determine which player ultimately gets the credit for hypothetical wins

It's not opinion. It's basic facts and LeBron's own actions.

Wade has already won a championship for Miami.
Wade has been the face of and leader for Miami for many years now.
So long as Wade and Lebron both play for Miami, Wade will always have brought one more championship there.
LeBron did go to join Wade, after Bosh had already gone there, instead of leading his own team. Which he had several legit options to do and still contend for rings.

AirJordan&Magic
08-12-2010, 07:39 PM

Get over it. That's all.

WE DA BESS

Is this Ashbelly?

Replay32
08-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Why is it anyones team?

This. I'm pretty sure that both wade and lebron will be co-captains. Lebron has always been a leader and has overachieved most of his career despite poor coaching. And last I checked lebron was the best player in the league and just won back to back MVP's.

It's irrelevant who's team it is. I'm sure bosh, wade and lebron will ball and contribute greatly to the teams success. At the end of the day it's all about winning championships and if the heat win a few, it will be a "whole" team effort. Basketball is a team game. The media has a lot of cats brain washed.

ShaqAttack3234
08-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Wade was a LEGIT MVP candidate in 2009. If the Heat record was better I'd even say he would've been the favorite. Wade was stuck on a team full of scrubs, and LeBron had the best regular season team two years in a row ... that was the deciding factor in the 2009 MVP race. Not pure individual play.

But Lebron getting that team to 66 wins was an accomplishment in itself. I mean a core of Williams/Z/Varejao/West isn't anything special. The players did fit well around Lebron, but that team had no business winning 66 games or going 39-2 at home.

Replay32
08-12-2010, 08:57 PM
But Lebron getting that team to 66 wins was an accomplishment in itself. I mean a core of Williams/Z/Varejao/West isn't anything special. The players did fit well around Lebron, but that team had no business winning 66 games or going 39-2 at home.

I agree. And the fact that the team couldn't win without him, says a lot about the impact he brought to that team.

nbacardDOTnet
08-12-2010, 10:14 PM

100 % Heat is Wade 's team.

Look at this.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/Funny%20NBA%20Record/Lebron%20James/1-1.jpg

Honk for

Wade !

Wade !

Wade !

Wade !

Wade !

Wade !

Wade !

chazzy
08-12-2010, 10:15 PM
I have to say I may not watch Inside the NBA this season. It's going to be really bad with this Barkley and Kenny.

You'll be missing out on some good entertainment

nbacardDOTnet
08-12-2010, 10:21 PM

Get over it. That's all.

WE DA BESS

:oldlol: :roll: :applause: :applause:

His original name was Akeem I think.

his name was akeem before hakeem

1991-92 season
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/84-01%20The%20Dream/The%20Dream%20Insert%20n%20Others/akeem.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0fmddzownk

Barkley has as many rings as I do....0!

At least, Sir Charles didn't guarantee 8 rings like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V25rBBTDvJs

@Aye Dee - thoughts ?

Team_Hollywood
08-12-2010, 10:31 PM
:oldlol: :roll: :applause: :applause:

Says the guy who also just joined in July 2010. :roll: :roll:

:roll: :roll:

WE DA BESS

nbacardDOTnet
08-12-2010, 10:35 PM
this thread is getting derailed fast.

i like barkey comments. he kinds of gives the fans a voice, since most ( if not all ) real bball fans agree with his sentiments.

i don't know why lebron fans still insist on defending his actions.

no wonder.

because not less of them are not fans but bandwagoners

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn105/dante1st/lebronbaby.jpg
:lol :lol :lol

:lol :lol

Says the guy who also just joined in July 2010. :roll: :roll:

WE DA BESS

It has nothing to do with the topic ?

gxL
08-12-2010, 10:35 PM
...kobe has been the best player since 06

chris2010
08-12-2010, 10:37 PM
so i guess when gasol came over it suddenly became his team. i mean whoever is the final peice to the puzzle suddenly becomes the leader of the team? So i guess John Wall is the leader of the Wizards now. Oh and its garnetts team in boston. Wow, it is Boozer's team in Chicago too? Get real. Wade went there on his own terms, Lebron couldnt live up to his title of king of a championship caliber team so he went to go piggyback with a guy who has lead his team to the ultimate goal.

and dont bring up this argument about steve nash. The Suns were literally crap the season b4 he got there. Stoudemire,marion,johnson were not capable nor are ever capable of leading a team into the playoffs by themselves. Wade did it with his 2nd best player being Michael Beasley- and that player not playing a style that really meshed with Wades.

in the end, i know espn is going to try and build up lebron so much during the regular season and try to get him the MVP. Oh well, im not concerned at all about him

Team_Hollywood
08-12-2010, 10:38 PM
no wonder.

It has nothing to do with the topic ?

So if has nothing to do with the topic, why didn't you say that when D-Will pointed out my join date? Instead you ":roll: ".

Clear sign that you're a hater. Dwight > Yao

U :mad: ?

WE DA BESS

Team_Hollywood
08-12-2010, 10:41 PM
so i guess when gasol came over it suddenly became his team. i mean whoever is the final peice to the puzzle suddenly becomes the leader of the team? So i guess John Wall is the leader of the Wizards now. Oh and its garnetts team in boston. Wow, it is Boozer's team in Chicago too? Get real. Wade went there on his own terms, Lebron couldnt live up to his title of king of a championship caliber team so he went to go piggyback with a guy who has lead his team to the ultimate goal.

and dont bring up this argument about steve nash. The Suns were literally crap the season b4 he got there. Stoudemire,marion,johnson were not capable nor are ever capable of leading a team into the playoffs by themselves. Wade did it with his 2nd best player being Michael Beasley- and that player not playing a style that really meshed with Wades.

in the end, i know espn is going to try and build up lebron so much during the regular season and try to get him the MVP. Oh well, im not concerned at all about him

You're clearly an idiot. The best player on that team is LeBron James. The early 2000's Lakers belonged to Shaq because he was their best player. Just like this team belongs to LeBron because he's the best player.

WE DA BESS

EoJ
08-12-2010, 10:53 PM
It's obviously Bosh's team now.

chris2010
08-12-2010, 10:57 PM
You're clearly an idiot. The best player on that team is LeBron James. The early 2000's Lakers belonged to Shaq because he was their best player. Just like this team belongs to LeBron because he's the best player.

WE DA BESS

blah blah blah. one thing that makes up being the best player is mental toughness. not quitting when the going to tough and doing your best to fix it. wade attempted to play with a messed up shoulder; kobe this past year with his broken finger, sore leg,ankle,back, garnett in 09 with a messed up leg. Yet lebron couldnt "play" with a sore elbow. Let me ask you this, does a sore elbow just suddenly pop up? B/c i noticed in the bulls series he was playing just as fine as he did in the regular season. I noticed that in game 3 when the cavs destroyed the celtics lebron had a monster game. So i guess for one game the pain went away? If you say yes, your clearly the idiot

chris2010
08-12-2010, 11:03 PM
I agree. And the fact that the team couldn't win without him, says a lot about the impact he brought to that team.

so i guess lebron was mostly responsible for like idk 50 wins and a few playoff wins?

Team_Hollywood
08-12-2010, 11:05 PM
:blah :blah :blah

Your agenda and hatred for LeBron is pretty obvious.

Your 'arguments' are pathetic and to be honest with you, I laughed a little inside. LeBron didn't quit, he is a true warrior. Funny that you mention Kobe, last time I checked he was threatening the franchise and kept saying he wanted a trade. Yeah, he handled that pretty well. Besides, you're bringing up points that are irrelevant to the subject. Who cares what injuries LeBron had or didn't have? This is his team, he is the best player, he is the face of the franchise now. LeBron James: 2011 MVP.

You're clearly an idiot, it's "you're" not "your". Thanks for trying though. :oldlol:

WE DA BESS

jinsanity
08-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Look at the New York Yankees. A-Rod is considered the better player. Derek Jeter though is the face of that franchise. It's his team. Similar situation.

chris2010
08-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Your agenda and hatred for LeBron is pretty obvious.

Your 'arguments' are pathetic and to be honest with you, I laughed a little inside. LeBron didn't quit, he is a true warrior. Funny that you mention Kobe, last time I checked he was threatening the franchise and kept saying he wanted a trade. Yeah, he handled that pretty well. Besides, you're bringing up points that are irrelevant to the subject. Who cares what injuries LeBron had or didn't have? This is his team, he is the best player, he is the face of the franchise now. LeBron James: 2011 MVP.

You're clearly an idiot, it's "you're" not "your". Thanks for trying though. :oldlol:

WE DA BESS

He didnt quit huh? so that elbow pain just conveniently shows up when he faces a team that wont bow down and kiss his ringless hand. Last time you checked on the Kobe thing? wow 3 years ago, 3 finals appearances, 2 rings, an MVP trophy to throw in to. Do you keep up with the nba at all? He did any means necessary to help improve his franchise, even if that meant going off and acting like a winey brat so his owner would spend a lil more money. At least he didnt quit all together to go piggy back with a player equal in his stature of talent. Who cares about the inuries he did or didnt have? The fans who were believing in his title of being "savior", an unstoppable player no matter the circumstance.
and btw, you got real small balls to go and correct someone on grammar when you are saying "we DA bess". im sure DA stands for dumbass on your part. do yourself a favor, quit while you are ahead

mlh1981
08-12-2010, 11:18 PM
*sigh* this new age media......

twitter will take over the universe. Guys have long offseasons, get antsy, and want people to know what they are thinking.

I feel like the offseason has consisted mostly of player x tweeting whatever, followed by the response, then the "controversy" ensues.

Team_Hollywood
08-12-2010, 11:20 PM
He didnt quit huh? so that elbow pain just conveniently shows up when he faces a team that wont bow down and kiss his ringless hand. Last time you checked on the Kobe thing? wow 3 years ago, 3 finals appearances, 2 rings, an MVP trophy to throw in to. Do you keep up with the nba at all? He did any means necessary to help improve his franchise, even if that meant going off and acting like a winey brat so his owner would spend a lil more money. At least he didnt quit all together to go piggy back with a player equal in his stature of talent. Who cares about the inuries he did or didnt have? The fans who were believing in his title of being "savior", an unstoppable player no matter the circumstance.
and btw, you got real small balls to go and correct someone on grammar when you are saying "we DA bess". im sure DA stands for dumbass on your part. do yourself a favor, quit while you are ahead

You're clearly butt hurt kid, get over yourself. :oldlol: You are again brining up the injuries LeBron had, how is that relevant to the subject? We are discussing who's team this is. You are trying to argue one thing, your hits are way of child.

This is Wade's team because LeBron faked his elbow injury!

:oldlol: That doesn't even make sense. It doesn't matter how much time has passed. Fact is, Kobe threatened to leave the franchise if he didn't get what he asked for. He piggy backed Shaq too, pot calling the kettle black here.

This is pretty hilarious to me, I liked being entertained by you clowns. Try brining up relevant points next time, injuries in the past are meaningless now. :sleeping

WE DA BESS

chris2010
08-12-2010, 11:30 PM
You're clearly butt hurt kid, get over yourself. :oldlol: You are again brining up the injuries LeBron had, how is that relevant to the subject? We are discussing who's team this is. You are trying to argue one thing, your hits are way of child.

This is Wade's team because LeBron faked his elbow injury!

:oldlol: That doesn't even make sense. It doesn't matter how much time has passed. Fact is, Kobe threatened to leave the franchise if he didn't get what he asked for. He piggy backed Shaq too, pot calling the kettle black here.

This is pretty hilarious to me, I liked being entertained by you clowns. Try brining up relevant points next time, injuries in the past are meaningless now. :sleeping

WE DA BESS

It has everything to do with the subject dumbass. If he has a small minor injury and quit on his team in the playoffs instead of playing through it like for example his counterpart wade, then should he still be considered the best player, i guess mental toughness is something you clearly dont understand? I dont recall kobe joining with shaq via free agency b/c he couldnt do it as being the best player on his own team. He was a rookie for gods sakes. At least Kobe has won w/o shaq. Plus i dont think Kobe was the one struggling to find work this summer like shaq.
so an injury is meaningless, yet a temper tantrum should stick forever?

Team_Hollywood
08-12-2010, 11:37 PM
It has everything to do with the subject dumbass. If he has a small minor injury and quit on his team in the playoffs instead of playing through it like for example his counterpart wade, then should he still be considered the best player, i guess mental toughness is something you clearly dont understand?

I knew you were somewhat of an idiot, but not this much.
So what you're saying is, LeBron is the leader of the Miami Heat because he's not mentally tough? :oldlol: That's a weak and pretty sad argument. LeBron has 2 MVP's and he is clearly the best player. It doesn't matter what injuries he's had in the past, they don't change the fact that LeBron is the best player and the leader of the Miami Heat.

I dont recall kobe joining with shaq via free agency b/c he couldnt do it as being the best player on his own team. He was a rookie for gods sakes. At least Kobe has won w/o shaq. Plus i dont think Kobe was the one struggling to find work this summer like shaq.
so an injury is meaningless, yet a temper tantrum should stick forever?

It doesn't matter how Kobe got there, fact is, he got his first 3 rings because of Shaq. So he piggy backed his way to some of his titles. You can deny it, but you can't change reality. Not only did he piggy back his way to his first 3 titles, he knew he couldn't win without Shaq; so he requested a trade. He hasn't been able to win without a big man on his side. When was the last time LeBron had someone like Shaq or Gasol?

WE DA BESS

BallinSinceBirf
08-12-2010, 11:55 PM
A-Rod > Jeter
Jeter's team

LeBron > Wade
Wade's team

Simple.

chris2010
08-12-2010, 11:56 PM
I knew you were somewhat of an idiot, but not this much.
So what you're saying is, LeBron is the leader of the Miami Heat because he's not mentally tough? :oldlol: That's a weak and pretty sad argument. LeBron has 2 MVP's and he is clearly the best player. It doesn't matter what injuries he's had in the past, they don't change the fact that LeBron is the best player and the leader of the Miami Heat.

It doesn't matter how Kobe got there, fact is, he got his first 3 rings because of Shaq. So he piggy backed his way to some of his titles. You can deny it, but you can't change reality. Not only did he piggy back his way to his first 3 titles, he knew he couldn't win without Shaq; so he requested a trade. He hasn't been able to win without a big man on his side. When was the last time LeBron had someone like Shaq or Gasol?

WE DA BESS

Ignorance is not bliss hollywood. So if someone wins the MVP for that year they are automatically the best player in the nba hands down? Dont you know they normally give the award to the best player on the best team? So i guess hands down Steve Nash was better than Shaq in 05, yet Shaq already had 3 rings. I agree Shaq was a key part of the lakers 3peat, but by no means the sole reason Kobe got his first 3 either. I recall him having several big playoff games when Shaq struggled with fouls, injuries, whatever. And news flash, NO TEAM WINS W/O A BIG MAN. The big does not have to be the most dominant player ever, but does have to be good. And please gtfo Lebron did have shaq this past year. Are you this willfully ignorant or what? Lebron may not have had a top nba pf to play with, but what do you expect when your eating up a huge part of ur teams salary cap for a somewhat small market team? And frightening off other potential running mates when you refuse to commit to the team. You are by far the most ignorant lebron james fan i have ever quitnessed

BallinSinceBirf
08-13-2010, 12:05 AM
It doesn't matter how Kobe got there, fact is, he got his first 3 rings because of Shaq. So he piggy backed his way to some of his titles.
You're an idiot.

Kobe ---> TRADED to Lakers. No choice of his own.

LeBron ---> SIGNS with Heat. Chooses to play on stacked team.

Shaq ---> Never won anything prior to Kobe's arrival.

Wade ---> Already won a ring without LeBron.

Saying that Kobe piggybacked Shaq for a title is so stupid that it can only come from some sweaty-azzed mongrel from that steaming cesspool called Miami.

Kobe had no say in where he plays. He was acquired by the Lakers, played his azz off, and won. Huge difference between that and willfully joining a stacked team of your friends.

Stop slurping LeBron's nuts. They're too big for you. You seem to be choking on them cuz what you're saying ain't making no sense any more.

chris2010
08-13-2010, 12:06 AM
and yes, he has won w/o shaq. 2 years running now. shaq hasnt been close to a championship since his last in 06

Team_Hollywood
08-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Ignorance is not bliss hollywood. So if someone wins the MVP for that year they are automatically the best player in the nba hands down? Dont you know they normally give the award to the best player on the best team? So i guess hands down Steve Nash was better than Shaq in 05, yet Shaq already had 3 rings.

You're too ignorant to handle. LeBron James has been the best player in the league for quite some time now. Only Kobe n*thuggers, like yourself, will deny that. Whoever gets the MVP award, that means they're the best player in the league that year. LeBron James is the raining MVP so the he's the leader of the Miami Heat.

I agree Shaq was a key part of the lakers 3peat, but by no means the sole reason Kobe got his first 3 either. I recall him having several big playoff games when Shaq struggled with fouls, injuries, whatever.

It doesn't matter what you say, Kobe still piggy backed his way to those first titles. Like it or not, that is a fact. So you sound like a clown when you accuse LeBron of doing the same thing Kobe's done the past. :oldlol:

And news flash, NO TEAM WINS W/O A BIG MAN. The big does not have to be the most dominant player ever, but does have to be good.

And yet LeBron haters like yourself bash LeBron for not winning a title, when he's never had a legit post big man in the paint. Funny how you keep digging yourself a bigger hole.

And please gtfo Lebron did have shaq this past year. Are you this willfully ignorant or what? Lebron may not have had a top nba pf to play with, but what do you expect when your eating up a huge part of ur teams salary cap for a somewhat small market team? And frightening off other potential running mates when you refuse to commit to the team. You are by far the most ignorant lebron james fan i have ever quitnessed

You're corny, lame, and pathetic. Just stop embarrassing yourself. You're seriously using last year's Shaq as an argument? :facepalm I've said this countless of times. He's been irrelevant in the NBA for a few seasons now. He should have retired as 'The Big Cactus', instead he's now 'The Big Embarrassement'. Shaq was useless last year. Try again, kid.

Your hatred for LeBron baffles me, why all the hate kiddo?

WE DA BESS

kentatm
08-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Even a guy that has tossed a person out of a bar window understands class better than LeBron

chris2010
08-13-2010, 12:13 AM
You're too ignorant to handle. LeBron James has been the best player in the league for quite some time now. Only Kobe n*thuggers, like yourself, will deny that. Whoever gets the MVP award, that means they're the best player in the league that year. LeBron James is the raining MVP so the he's the leader of the Miami Heat.

reigning mvp. so if nash had went to cleveland following an MVp season then it would be his team suddenly?

It doesn't matter what you say, Kobe still piggy backed his way to those first titles. Like it or not, that is a fact. So you sound like a clown when you accuse LeBron of doing the same thing Kobe's done the past. :oldlol:

again, shaq never won till kobe came along either. your argument for piggy backing is moot at this point

And yet LeBron haters like yourself bash LeBron for not winning a title, when he's never had a legit post big man in the paint. Funny how you keep digging yourself a bigger hole.

yeah, i guess shaq forgot how to post up. oh yeah and Big Z too he couldnt remember either.

You're corny, lame, and pathetic. Just stop embarrassing yourself. You're seriously using last year's Shaq as an argument? :facepalm I've said this countless of times. He's been irrelevant in the NBA for a few seasons now. He should have retired as 'The Big Cactus', instead he's now 'The Big Embarrassement'. Shaq was useless last year. Try again, kid.

Your hatred for LeBron baffles me, why all the hate kiddo?

WE DA BESS

If shaq was so useless, then why did the savior want him in Cleveland? a quasy prodigal son story?
and btw, dont you dare call me kid when you cant even spell certain basic words correctly

chris2010
08-13-2010, 12:14 AM
You're an idiot.

Saying that Kobe piggybacked Shaq for a title is so stupid that it can only come from some sweaty-azzed mongrel from that steaming cesspool called Miami.

Kobe had no say in where he plays. He was acquired by the Lakers, played his azz off, and won. Huge difference between that and willfully joining a stacked team of your friends.

Stop slurping LeBron's nuts. They're too big for you. You seem to be choking on them cuz what you're saying ain't making no sense any more.

COSIGN

Team_Hollywood
08-13-2010, 12:14 AM
You're an idiot.

You're clearly an ignorant ass clown, just stop it. :roll:

How are you going to deny this? Did not Kobe piggy back his way to his first three titles? He was NOT the best player back then, Shaq was; so he piggy backed Shaq. That is a fact, and no matter how much you bark over the internet, you won't change reality. LOL @ "Kobe had no say in where he plays." Once again, you're wrong. Stop talking about of your ass, child.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122522&page=6

WE DA BESS

G-train
08-13-2010, 12:15 AM
Because there are always leaders.

But its not even training camp?

Team_Hollywood
08-13-2010, 12:16 AM
If shaq was so useless, then why did the savior want him in Cleveland? a quasy prodigal son story?
and btw, dont you dare call me kid when you cant even spell certain basic words correctly

Where are you getting the idea that LeBron wanted Shaq in Cleveland? :oldlol:
You're more of an idiot than I thought. Go back to playing with your action figures kid.

WE DA BESS

G-train
08-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Even a guy that has tossed a person out of a bar window understands class better than LeBron

Charles Barkley has the advantage of age and experience.

chris2010
08-13-2010, 12:17 AM
You're clearly an ignorant ass clown, just stop it. :roll:

How are you going to deny this? Did not Kobe piggy back his way to his first three titles? He was NOT the best player back then, Shaq was; so he piggy backed Shaq. That is a fact, and no matter how much you bark over the internet, you won't change reality. LOL @ "Kobe had no say in where he plays." Once again, you're wrong. Stop talking about of your ass, child.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122522&page=6

WE DA BESS

YOU ARE CLEARLY A TROLL, im done arguing with you. july 2010, your just some 12 year old boy who hasnt watched basketball till you seen a lbj commercial and suddenly wikipedia'd the nba since he has been in the league.

chris2010
08-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Where are you getting the idea that LeBron wanted Shaq in Cleveland? :oldlol:
You're more of an idiot than I thought. Go back to playing with your action figures kid.

WE DA BESS

Umm its easy i read espn, yahoo, fox sports, whatever and lebron backed it. stop using lebronjames.com or whatever as a source. and for someone calling me a kid you sure do have a terrible grip on spelling. and one thing ive noticed is that those who normally want to make someone else look like a kid they normally are the kid behind the fake picture.

Team_Hollywood
08-13-2010, 12:22 AM
I have a confession to make... I am borderline retarded. Just took an IQ test today. :(

:facepalm

Team_Hollywood
08-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Umm its easy i read espn, yahoo, fox sports, whatever and lebron backed it. stop using lebronjames.com or whatever as a source. and for someone calling me a kid you sure do have a terrible grip on spelling. and one thing ive noticed is that those who normally want to make someone else look like a kid they normally are the kid behind the fake picture.

*yawns* *stretches* You keep rambling on and on the same redundant false assumptions. You clearly have no counter argument whatsoever, kid. You haven't provided a link showing that James wanted Shaq in his team. Just stop embarrassing yourself.

WE DA BESS

Raider007
08-13-2010, 12:26 AM
I have a confession to make... I am borderline retarded. Just took an IQ test today. :(

http://friends18.com/img/funny-animation/0297.gif

Team_Hollywood
08-13-2010, 12:30 AM
http://friends18.com/img/funny-animation/0297.gif

Disaprine
08-13-2010, 12:34 AM

http://static.open.salon.com/files/home-alone1243399120.png

BallinSinceBirf
08-13-2010, 12:34 AM

That's the first time you've been right in this entire thread.

Team_Hollywood
08-13-2010, 12:35 AM
That's the first time you've been right in this entire thread.

:rolleyes: Sure kid.

triangleoffense
08-13-2010, 01:20 AM

repped for truth

Soundwave
08-13-2010, 01:46 AM
What were the circumstances of Barkley leaving Philly anyway?

As I recall he asked to be traded.

*Hypothetically* if a deal could've been worked out to send him to say ... Portland or even Chicago, I doubt Charles would've said no.

BallinSinceBirf
08-13-2010, 02:40 AM
:rolleyes: Sure kid.
LOL. You're the only kid around here. Too bad you don't know who your father is, gutter trash.

Team_Hollywood
08-13-2010, 08:57 AM
LOL. You're the only kid around here. Too bad you don't know who your father is, gutter trash.

You have no argument whatsoever so you have to go with the personal insults. :applause: Like it or not, its LeBron James' team. Deal with it.

WE DA BESS

Rambis
08-13-2010, 09:28 AM

I'm sooooo glad he guaranteed this $hit. I'm gonna put money down in Vegas now, and get my money back from him if I lose. Any more guarantees you feel like making -- cause none of us really give a damn on what you guarantee.

Unfuc$ingbelievable.:hammerhead:

niko
08-13-2010, 09:31 AM
Lebron made his decision. In making this decision he clearly knew he was going to Wade's team and would no longer be a clear cut #1. He knew it and did not care. It was part of the decision. Why do people argue this to death? He knows the truth and is cool with it. The rest of you need to follow suit.

Lebron picked a path of more titles, better chance at a title, and less individual props. You can't ahve everything.

Rambis
08-13-2010, 09:37 AM
The point is... Lebron can do and wants to do something about it and has more than enough time to do something about, meanwhile Barkley has never really wanted to do something like this about it until the later stages in his career, in his prime all he really wanted was to be on a one man team for the rest of his career and shine his stats..... he wanted Lebron to be like him or something.

Now that Lebron clearly shows he doesnt want money and doesnt want to have the best stats... that all he wants is those championships.... it hurts Barkleys feelings, Barkley thought Lebron would turn down this oppurtunity and stay RINGLESS for the rest of his career in that one man scrub team.

Making this kindof brave move Lebron did, Barkley would NEVER do.... RINGLESS people stay RINGLESS....

Lebron doesnt want to be that, Lebron doesnt want anything anymore besides those rings... he would rather be like BILL RUSSELL... rather than CHARLES BARKLEY

Do you know what "coattails" are? Barkley wanted to earn that shit. He had true heart. Rewatch game 5 and 6 of the Celtics series and tell me what kind of heart LeBron has. LeBron is a chickenshit mother****er, to call it brave is just moronic.

Yeah, LeBron is doing the Bill Russell thing, riiiiiiight.

Lebron23
08-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Do you know what "coattails" are? Barkley wanted to earn that shit. He had true heart. Rewatch game 5 and 6 of the Celtics series and tell me what kind of heart LeBron has. LeBron is a chickenshit mother****er, to call it brave is just moronic.

Yeah, LeBron is doing the Bill Russell thing, riiiiiiight.

Did you watch Game 6 Dumb @$$? LeBron had a triple double performance. ( 27 points, 19 rebounds, and 12 assists).

Rambis
08-13-2010, 09:46 AM

Is this what retardation looks like? Honestly, I suppose I know what he means.

Can you give me an example of a win win situation in the NBA?

Just kinda a dumbass thing to say...

So glad we have the new Miami trolls: whatever, indian guy, aye dee, team hollywood, etc.. Thank you people for adding completely no intelligence to the board. The fact that you look at LeBron and can't see how people think he did things wrong just blows my mind -- but I guess the adage holds true.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the human race.

Rambis
08-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Did you watch Game 6 Dumb @$$? LeBron had a triple double performance. ( 27 points, 19 rebounds, and 12 assists).

Yeah, jackass, did you watch the last 90 seconds of it? Call me when the best player in the universe doesn't quit on his team, his fans, and his promises. OK?

Lebron23
08-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Yeah, jackass, did you watch the last 90 seconds of it? Call me when the best player in the universe doesn't quit on his team, his fans, and his promises. OK?

Where were you Kobe fans when the Suns were kicking the Lakers @$$ in the first round of the playoffs a couple of years ago? You also criticized LeBron when he almost averaged a 38/9/9 againts the Orlando Magic last year. Kobe is getting older every season. I pray to God that some young team in the Western Conference would beat the Fakers in the first round of the playoffs.

Kobe trolls are the most despicable human being on the face of the planet.

niko
08-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Where were you Kobe fans when the Suns were kicking the Lakers @$$ in the first round of the playoffs a couple of years ago? You also criticized LeBron when he almost averaged a 38/9/9 againts the Orlando Magic last year. Kobe is getting older every season. I pray to God that some young team in the Western Conference would beat the Fakers in the first round of the playoffs.

This is probably true but is it really reason for the lebron fans to try to match them?

indiefan24
08-13-2010, 10:00 AM
I pray to God that some young team in the Western Conference would beat the Fakers in the first round of the playoffs.

keep praying.

Lebron23
08-13-2010, 10:03 AM
This is probably true but is it really reason for the lebron fans to try to match them?

That's why I rarely posts in the NBA forum. These Clowns are ruining the main NBA forum.

LeBron is no longer my favorite NBA player. Tyreke Evans is my new favorite NBA player. I hope the Kings advance into the playoffs, and beat the Lakers in a Best of 7 series.

Rambis
08-13-2010, 10:08 AM

Kobe trolls are the most despicable human being on the planet.

Yeah, knew you couldn't come back about Game 6, so on with the Kobe stuff.

Personally, I'm a Lakers and Magic Johnson fan and still think he was the greatest player ever (to watch/root for) BECAUSE he involved his teammates. However, Kobe IS a Laker and I support him even though he is a FLAWED player. I'll take him cause he's the best we've got now. He almost cost the Lakers Game 7 this year with all his ridiculous shots and he did pull a Pippen against the Suns way back when and I was equally disgusted. And yet, Pippen goes into the hall of fame and obviously so will Kobe.

However, I am not killing LeBron for bad performances per se. I am slamming him and his ego for calling himself THE KING and THE CHOSEN ONE (so +1 ego on Kobe), promising his city a championship and leaving a team that twice had the best record in basketball, and then joining another great player (who had already won a championship for that team) so that he never has the pressure of taking a final shot again.

I am pissed that we'll never see him grow into what he could be because he will have joined, not beaten the best. This will not be the Lakers and Celtics. Eventually, when the pieces are around him, this could be the Dream Team type stuff. He will never become what Jordan HAD to become to beat the Bad Boy Pistons. MJ's opponents were great and forged Jordan into the greatest player ever. LeBron will always be heartless cause Wade can do the heavy lifting.

Kobe has earned his way past the legacy of that game with his performances, much as I believe LeBron can get past the legacy of his leaving Cleveland. I believe he will do that, actually. But he took away his chance and our chance to watch true greatness.

IF he had stayed and brought a championship to his city, as he promised, that would have been truly great. Winning it in Miami will be something less, and if you can't admit that... then you're either stupid or dishonest.

nbacardDOTnet
08-13-2010, 10:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMujqWwBqDk

KenneBell
08-13-2010, 10:58 AM
I pray to God that some young team in the Western Conference would beat the Fakers in the first round of the playoffs.
Wow you really are mad.

You should be blaming LeBron for not winning those championships you predicted for the Cavs for the past 2 seasons.:roll:

gasolina
08-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Why won't ISH make a good use of the reputation system and maybe suspend posting or limit posting to those who's reps go over 4 or 5 blocks?

Seriously, there's a reason why these bufoons have bad reps. It's really dumbing down this board with all this "WE DA BESS" bullshit.

Since "the Decision" how many new accounts have been created for the sole purpose to spread crap on this board?

Rambis
08-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Why won't ISH make a good use of the reputation system and maybe suspend posting or limit posting to those who's reps go over 4 or 5 blocks?

Seriously, there's a reason why these bufoons have bad reps. It's really dumbing down this board with all this "WE DA BESS" bullshit.

Since "the Decision" how many new accounts have been created for the sole purpose to spread crap on this board?

Well, that would wipe you out from posting.... if you suspended folks. It's just the way it is. Ignore the trolls, they go away if they don't get fed. But yeah, it can be difficult.

gasolina
08-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Well, that would wipe you out from posting.... if you suspended folks. It's just the way it is. Ignore the trolls, they go away if they don't get fed. But yeah, it can be difficult.
Yes extremely difficult. So much more because they DO have a great team and they CAN win a chip this year and next years to come. But that in itself is no reason to act like spoiled little rich children.

toneloc103
08-13-2010, 12:18 PM

Just curious.... when has Wade played off the ball?

BallinSinceBirf
08-13-2010, 01:30 PM

I agree. This whole forum is nothing but trolls and responses to trolls. This is what happens when pathetic gutter-tard tweens are allowed free reign on the computers mommy & deadbeat-out-of-the-picture-daddy bought them for school are left without adult supervision. You get these losers like AssBelly, IndianGal, TeamHollywood, PowerGlove, etc. None of these people are getting laid, which is why they feel the need to lash out for attention on boards like this. They're probably stirring up just as much s**t on the Pokemon forums over whether Charizard's peak was better than Pikachu's prime. My guess is that these losers will settle down once school starts again and they can't sit in mommy's basement all day drinking Cactus Cooler and posting BS.

tpols
08-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Just curious.... when has Wade played off the ball?
olympics and occasionally in nba games. You'll rarely see lebron coming off screens and what not though as he ussually has the ball in his hands or is hanging out on the perimeter waiting for it.

LA_Showtime
08-13-2010, 02:43 PM

You're just mad that Kobe won Finals MVP and your boy went home early.

KenneBell
08-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Pretty much.

bagelred
08-13-2010, 08:06 PM
http://i36.tinypic.com/211t1kj.jpg

nbacardDOTnet
08-13-2010, 08:21 PM
http://i36.tinypic.com/211t1kj.jpg

:oldlol:

Great Job.

I will rep later.

sixer6ad
08-13-2010, 09:11 PM

Go to www.miamiheat.com and you will see whose team it is.

chris2010
08-13-2010, 09:56 PM

i thought his elbow was hurting? at least that was his reasoning for poor games earlier in the series. i guess something like that comes and goes.

knightfall88
08-13-2010, 10:16 PM
lol I can't believe idiots here actually think for the second that it is Lebrons team/

bagelred
08-14-2010, 11:47 AM
I think the question on everyone's mind is.....

Why does Chris Mullin still have that haircut? :confusedshrug:

Fatstogie
08-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Actually.....it is.

ACtually its not. Whos team it is, wont be decided until the end of the season.

I love Sir Charles but this is stupid.

A guy with no rings saying "when i was 25 i wanted to be the guy that won it for my team" BUT YOU WERENT ASSHOLE. YOU DIDNT WIN!!!!!

"HE SHOULDA stuck it out in cleveland and tried to win them a championship first."

Im sorry what has he been doing the last 7 years? The team had their chance. They had the guy and squandered their opportunity by putting him with shitty players and washed up vets.

Yes mo williams is garbage. Dalonte west was garbage. And so on and so on. Youll see this year when they win 20 games. Lebron carried that team. He carried all that dead weight.

Now some dick who doesnt have a ring is gonna make comments? Sounds like barkley is upset cause Lebron made the choice that barkley wishes he woulda made to get himself a ring.

macpierce
08-14-2010, 12:32 PM
for the 2nd straight year :oldlol:
best record in the league for 2 straight years too :applause:
consecutive regular season MVPs too :D

BallinSinceBirf
08-14-2010, 01:57 PM
A guy with no rings saying "when i was 25 i wanted to be the guy that won it for my team" BUT YOU WERENT ASSHOLE. YOU DIDNT WIN!!!!!

LOL at you criticizing Barkley. I'm sure you've won a lot from your mom's basement.

Looks like you're too dense to understand what Barkley's even saying. It DOESN'T MATTER that Barkley never won it. He gave it his all and did it the right way. THAT'S the point.

Better to lose on your feet like a man than win on your knees like D-Wade's b*tch.

Im sorry what has he been doing the last 7 years? The team had their chance. They had the guy and squandered their opportunity by putting him with shitty players and washed up vets.

Yeah, those Cleveland teammates were such scrubs. They did win 60+ games almost every season, but that was ALL LeBron and no doing of their own.

Nevermind the fact that LeBron can't sit through more than 5 minutes of gametape study at a time. I'm sure breaking down Boston's defensive schemes in the tape room wouldn't have helped at all. Never mind that the guy b*tched and moaned his way through a phantom elbow sprain while guys like Bynum went out and banged full effort on bum knees with no drama.

Nevermind all that. It's all the scrub teammates' fault.

/sarcasm

PHILA
08-14-2010, 02:55 PM
I love Sir Charles but this is stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ9WsbchF9A#t=1m3s

Heilige
08-16-2010, 12:22 PM
LOL at you criticizing Barkley. I'm sure you've won a lot from your mom's basement.

Looks like you're too dense to understand what Barkley's even saying. It DOESN'T MATTER that Barkley never won it. He gave it his all and did it the right way. THAT'S the point.

Better to lose on your feet like a man than win on your knees like D-Wade's b*tch.

Yeah, those Cleveland teammates were such scrubs. They did win 60+ games almost every season, but that was ALL LeBron and no doing of their own.

Nevermind the fact that LeBron can't sit through more than 5 minutes of gametape study at a time. I'm sure breaking down Boston's defensive schemes in the tape room wouldn't have helped at all. Never mind that the guy b*tched and moaned his way through a phantom elbow sprain while guys like Bynum went out and banged full effort on bum knees with no drama.

Nevermind all that. It's all the scrub teammates' fault.

/sarcasm

Do you have any links regarding LeBron not being able to sit through more than 5 minutes of gametape study at at time?

Yung D-Will
08-16-2010, 12:23 PM
So two people who are arguably the second best power forward of all time don't have the right to give their opinion. In Barkley and Malone?

Shax
08-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Do you have any links regarding LeBron not being able to sit through more than 5 minutes of gametape study at at time?

Of course not.

So two people who are arguably the second best power forward of all time don't have the right to give their opinion. In Barkley and Malone?

How does that matter? Barkley whined and bitched to get out, and is mad about Lebron getting out? lol

Jordan-esque
08-16-2010, 01:40 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter/post/_/id/73056/10a-et-fog-delaying-pga-championship-merriman-ends-holdout-barkley-responds-to-lebrons-tweet
Aww, you didn't quote the BEST part of Charles Barkley's response:

Charles Barkley:

"I heard about LeBron's little Tweet today that he's remembering everybody who said anything bad about him," Barkley said. "And he said 'everybody.' Well, I want him to make sure that he puts my name on that[list]."

Barkley, Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson, all hall of famers, criticised the move by Chris Bosh and James joining Dwyane Wade in Miami to form a super team. All three players said it wasn't a move they would have made.

Even worse for Barkley was LeBron's one-hour special to announce where he was taking his talents, and the party-like event the Heat hosted for all three players.

"I thought that his little one-hour special was a punk move. I thought them dancing around on the stage was a punk move, and I thought he should've stayed in Cleveland. Him joining Dwyane Wade's team was very disappointing to me."

After these comments, don't expect James to invite Barkley to a cookout on South Beach anytime soon. That, however, doesn't seem to bother Barkley.

"He's got enough people kissing his ass with his family and all the people who work for him," Barkley said. "We don't have to tell him what he wants to hear all the time. That's one of the reasons why ... some of these young guys ... my opinion is he should have stayed in Cleveland.

On Thursday, he was asked if "punk'' was an appropriate word to use.

"I should have never used that word [punk],'' said Barkley, sounding at first as if was an apology. "It was bull (bleep). Bull (bleep) is a better word.''

:roll:

thejumpa
08-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Even though this all sounds funny, Chuck needs to have some class and step away from this. Judging by his comments and attitude, I really could see him making similar comments throughout the season. Seriously...why is he so mad over this?

FWIW....I don't think LeBron was talking about MJ,Magic,Bird. They didn't really take any shots or say anything disrespectful. They just said that they would personally never do it. I doubt LeBron was even talking about them.

LA_Showtime
08-16-2010, 01:55 PM
I don't know why people are criticizing Barkley. Yeah, he hasn't one anything, but at least he won a game in the Finals, right?

Pointguard
08-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Yeah, knew you couldn't come back about Game 6, so on with the Kobe stuff.

Personally, I'm a Lakers and Magic Johnson fan and still think he was the greatest player ever (to watch/root for) BECAUSE he involved his teammates.

I'm with you there. Magic was to me one of the best players to watch. It was like the team was an extension of this thoughts.

I am pissed that we'll never see him grow into what he could be because he will have joined, not beaten the best.Himself? The Lakers still have a better team. And I know nobody was calling Wade the best (outside of bars in Miami).

This will not be the Lakers and Celtics. Eventually, when the pieces are around him, this could be the Dream Team type stuff. He will never become what Jordan HAD to become to beat the Bad Boy Pistons. MJ's opponents were great and forged Jordan into the greatest player ever. LeBron will always be heartless cause Wade can do the heavy lifting.Even if you don't believe it's Lebron's team then why do you believe that after a couple of years it will still be Wade's? Who says Jordan's way is the only right way? Pippen was considered top three at a couple of points as well.

Kobe has earned his way past the legacy of that game with his performances, much as I believe LeBron can get past the legacy of his leaving Cleveland. I believe he will do that, actually. But he took away his chance and our chance to watch true greatness.Funny, I see it as our chance to see true greatness. If they mesh together, and both players are the best passers who lead the league in scoring since probably ever, then we will should see some of the best basketball ever.

IF he had stayed and brought a championship to his city, as he promised, that would have been truly great. Winning it in Miami will be something less, and if you can't admit that... then you're either stupid or dishonest.
IMHO, greatness comes in many different packages. Magic wasn't great in the same way Jordan was. While I have Jordan as GOAT it wasn't great team ball like Magic ball was. So its always going to be a different way. To me if you are the best guy on the best team ever then its greater than living your life in question mark status. If you have the choice to do that and you are confident that you can do it - you should do it. He's going after the highest bar possible. Very few people ever bet on themselves that way. I'm sure the competitive side of Jordan and Magic are upset that Lebron has raised the bar higher than they could. Lebron still has to get past a better Laker team but he isn't doing it with his standards low (1 or 2 rings in Clevlend).

2LeTTeRS
08-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Even though this all sounds funny, Chuck needs to have some class and step away from this. Judging by his comments and attitude, I really could see him making similar comments throughout the season. Seriously...why is he so mad over this?

FWIW....I don't think LeBron was talking about MJ,Magic,Bird. They didn't really take any shots or say anything disrespectful. They just said that they would personally never do it. I doubt LeBron was even talking about them.

I agree. Barkley seemed to take this whole situation personally, and I don't get why. We get it, you didn't like the choice he made and you hated "the Decision," but how long are you going to be in a war of words with a player?

And isn't this just a little bit unprofessional since he works for TNT broadcasting for the NBA and he's constantly bad-mouthing the league's biggest star?

thejumpa
08-16-2010, 05:16 PM
I agree. Barkley seemed to take this whole situation personally, and I don't get why. We get it, you didn't like the choice he made and you hated "the Decision," but how long are you going to be in a war of words with a player?

And isn't this just a little bit unprofessional since he works for TNT broadcasting for the NBA and he's constantly bad-mouthing the league's biggest star?

Yeah. He can pretty much kiss his GM wishes goodbye.