PDA

View Full Version : Micheal Jordan Calls out Lebron for Joining Wade & Bosh

Bladers
07-18-2010, 05:12 PM
At the Lake Tahoe Celebrity Golf, When Interviewed about LBJ.
Jordan said "I would not have called Larry and Magic and say let's play together. I wanted to beat them"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2CQhit0Vac

CLE[216]
07-18-2010, 05:14 PM
No shit, Mike.:lol

(e)
07-18-2010, 05:15 PM
MJ is also a huge dbag, so who cares.

kentatm
07-18-2010, 05:16 PM
http://www.posterized.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/lebroncheckmystats.jpg

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/d377035ac4f6dbfd0beeff8a61b77d1d.jpg

JM720
07-18-2010, 05:17 PM
How dare you speak against the KING.

Soundwave
MJ's earned the right to have his opinion ... but since when are Wade + Bosh comparable to Magic + Bird? I've heard that said a lot and it doesn't really make sense.

It's not even like Wade's Heat was beating LeBron's Cavs, so he joined the Heat.

LeBron's Cavs would've steam rolled Wade's Heat or Bosh's Raptors in a playoff series.

game3524
No surprise here......

Bladers
07-18-2010, 05:18 PM
I dont remember Bosh and Wade ever stopping Bron from winning a championship.

They would have this season, that's why Lebron joined them.
So he was like "Can't beat em? Join em!"

Heilige
07-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Do you have a link to this?

If true, :applause: :applause: :applause:

omarnyc
07-18-2010, 05:19 PM
MJ's earned the right to have his opinion ... but since when are Wade + Bosh comparable to Magic + Bird? I've heard that said a lot and it doesn't really make sense.

It's not even like Wade's Heat was beating LeBron's Cavs, so he joined the Heat.

LeBron's Cavs would've steam rolled Wade's Heat or Bosh's Raptors in a playoff series.

which makes his decision to join them even worse. he needed to get the cavs past the celtics.jordan had to finally beat the pistons, the pistons had to finally beat the celtics...lebron basically said i aint gonna beat these guys so let me go join forces with wade

Melo#15
07-18-2010, 05:19 PM
MJ has hit this one dead on! This is why LeBron will never be as good as Kobe. Kobe wants to be the best, and feeds off that, LeBron is just out there doing his thing. LeBron jokes around on the court all the time, just look at Kobe ignore Chris Rock in the finals, that show you something right there. The Lakers are gonna make the Heat look stupid anyways.

CLTHornets4eva
07-18-2010, 05:20 PM
We all know that MJ is a long legged mack daddy. In a good way.:pimp:
http://d0inw0rk.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/michael-jordan-cigar-smoking.jpg

Bladers

You think Lebron's Cavs can beat Wade & Bosh? ROFL!!!
That's why he joined them cause he couldn't beat them.

and he wasn't comparing Bosh to Larry or Magic.

(e)
They would have this season, that's why Lebron joined them.
So he was like "Can't beat em? Join em!"

This was his exact thought process.

:roll:

Tito Beasley
07-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Jordan said "I would not have called Larry and Magic and say let's play together. I wanted to beat them"

He went on to add: "But then again, I drafted Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison first and third overall, respectively. So what the **** do I know?"

JM720
Lets see what Mr. Outspoken Wade has to say about this.

game3524

Your missing the point, the point is MJ would never join a fellow alpha dog to win a championshp, that is what Lebron did by going to Miami.

Tide
07-18-2010, 05:22 PM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f374/Penguinpoker/lebronrobin.png

oh the horror
07-18-2010, 05:22 PM

What doesnt make sense? Really?

Those are Lebron's peers in terms of talent in the league in this day and age....Youve got Kobe, Wade, Bosh, Carmelo, etc etc...

Where Jordan had guys like Magic, Bird, Drexler, Barkley, Yada yada...He isnt comparing them LITERALLY.

Jordan's point is pretty simple. He didnt want to join anyone, he wanted to beat, everyone of his peers.

(e)
07-18-2010, 05:23 PM
He went on to add: "But then again, I drafted Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison first and third overall, respectively. So what the **** do I know?"

+1. :applause:

game3524

Those are Lebron's peers in terms of talent in the league in this day and age....Youve got Kobe, Wade, Bosh, Carmelo, etc etc...

Where Jordan had guys like Magic, Bird, Drexler, Barkley, Yada yada...He isnt comparing them LITERALLY.

Jordan's point is pretty simple. He didnt want to join anyone, he wanted to beat, everyone of his peers.

He is a Lebron tot, who is grasping at straws.

Tito Beasley
Your missing the point, the point is MJ would never join a fellow alpha dog to win a championshp, that is what Lebron did by going to Miami.

Oh, wait, but I thought MJ would do "anythign to win?" Isn't that part of his mystique?

So if he was on a team that was total shit from 2-12, he wouldn't join up with better players in order to win titles??? Oh, I guess Jordan doesnt REALLY care about winning, he just cares about personal attention and glorification. So in that way he's really more like Kobe.

:banana:

Oh, since when is everything Michael Jordan did the gold standard for living your own life? If Lebron never gambles himself into a two year suspension and possibly the death of his father, can he never live up to the standard of Michael Jordan? smh.

Bladers
07-18-2010, 05:24 PM

WHY DO PEOPLE LIE BECAUSE THEY CAN'T ACCEPT THE TRUTH, SELF BAN PLEASE!!!

Soundwave
07-18-2010, 05:24 PM

That's a two way street though. The Cavs have never given LeBron a "Pippen-type" player to grow with in Cleveland.

The Bulls had Pippen and Grant (no.5 and no.10 in the 87 draft) already in place by Jordan's third or fourth season.

Even if they were getting beat by the Pistons, you could start to see the beginning of something growing.

Where were the Cavs going? Antawn Jamison is 34 years old. Shaq is 38. Mo Williams is no Scottie Pippen.

oh the horror
07-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Once again, ANOTHER FORMER PLAYER makes yet ANOTHER remake like OTHER former players made, and people on this messageboard cannot handle it.

BARLEY said something SIMILAR. You people get upset.

I watched REGGIE MILLER say something about not liking the Lebron move.

JORDAN is now making similar remarks, and people cant handle it.

It is WHAT IT IS FOLKS....NO ONE OUTSIDE OF MIAMI THINKS THIS WAS A GOOD MOVE FOR HIM.

END OF STORY.

What is the debate?

game3524
07-18-2010, 05:26 PM
That's a two way street though. The Cavs have never given LeBron a "Pippen-type" player to grow with in Cleveland.

The Bulls had Pippen and Grant (no.5 and no.10 in the 87 draft) already in place by Jordan's third or fourth season.

Even if they were getting beat by the Pistons, you could start to see the beginning of something growing.

Where are the Cavs going? Antawn Jamison is 34 years old. Shaq is 38. Mo Williams is no Scottie Pippen.

Lebron still had other options though, the problem isn't leaving Cleveland that is fine. If he had gone to New York or Chicago, where there is no alpha dog it would have been ok and no one but Cavs fans would give shit.

Melo#15
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

That phrase always makes me laugh.

It's even funnier when we all know he's already better. Has been better.

Skill wise all give it to LeBron at this point in time, plus he has the size to go with it but thats not all that matters! LeBron is wasting it, he isn't mentally focused and straight up does not have enough desire. If Kobe had all that to work with he would be much better than MJ by now.

oh the horror
Way to overlook the fact that Lebron wasnt getting swept out of the playoffs by Wade or Bosh.

And so what? Again, we arent talking about literal comparisons. With improvements, Lebron could have been meeting his peers in the playoffs.

Thats a silly argument. When they're on OTHER teams, you're going to face them eventually.

Bladers
Once again, ANOTHER FORMER PLAYER makes yet ANOTHER remake like OTHER former players made, and people on this messageboard cannot handle it.

BARLEY said something SIMILAR. You people get upset.

I watched REGGIE MILLER say something about not liking the Lebron move.

JORDAN is now making similar remarks, and people cant handle it.

It is WHAT IT IS FOLKS....NO ONE OUTSIDE OF MIAMI THINKS THIS WAS A GOOD MOVE FOR HIM.

END OF STORY.

What is the debate?

This.

Soundwave
07-18-2010, 05:27 PM
I think people need to maybe accept something too.

In terms of demeanor and all that .... LeBron is not like a young Jordan. Not at all.

He is more like a young Shaq.

Carries himself the same way, same kind of prodigious talent, big ego, big marketing machine, playoff disappointments early on, but undeniably good.

Shaq's time eventually came, so will LeBron's.

The game today is not the same as it was 20 years ago too. Player movement is a given these days.

chazzy
07-18-2010, 05:28 PM

I came in to sarcastically post this, but I knew someone else would do it already. So I guess MJ's opinion on ANYTHING basketball related is tainted because of his draft picks :oldlol:

Svendiggity
07-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Who is upset? Can you point to the exact post which made you realize that, "hey, these guys are obviously disturbed by mj's comments."

I'm not understanding this at all.

you not understanding something is not saying much

game3524
07-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Lebron fans crack me up, if this was Kobe you would be all over this and rightfully so.

methusala
07-18-2010, 05:29 PM

This shouldn't be very hard to comprehend.

Unless you have a certain mark ass trick's nuts in your mouth clouding your judgment that Lebronze isn't, in fact, a complete pansy.

Indian guy
07-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Not a fair comparison by MJ. The Bird/Magic equivalents today would be Kobe and Boston's Big 3. You know, teams/players who've actually won something. Instead, LeBron joined a player who hasn't gotten past the 1st round in 4 years. The other has NEVER been past the 1st round in his career. LeBron's far and away the most successful of the 3 for a while now, not to mention better too. He's helping them out as much as he's helping himself here.

game3524
07-18-2010, 05:34 PM
This shouldn't be very hard to comprehend.

Unless you have a certain mark ass trick's nuts in your mouth clouding your judgment that Lebronze isn't, in fact, a complete pansy.

Yup, it is the same group of fans who are just being willfully ignorant.

Soundwave
07-18-2010, 05:35 PM
It is interesting to ponder though .... how long would Jordan have stayed in Chicago if they didn't have Pippen in place?

I give it till '92 or '93 at most before he would've demanded a trade out ala Barkley, probably ending up in New York to play with Ewing or something.

Tito Beasley
07-18-2010, 05:36 PM
I came in to sarcastically post this, but I knew someone else would do it already. So I guess MJ's opinion on ANYTHING basketball related is tainted because of his draft picks :oldlol:

What makes it valid in the first place? Because he could jump high and dribble well? Those things don't make you a analyst.

Right, but I'm sure you'd be super happy if the Lakers hired Isiah Thomas to make basketball decisions. I'm sure you'd be like "oh, just cause he single-handedly ruined a franchise, doesnt mean his opinion isn't really valuable! he was a really good player, remember!!!!

sorry, stanley.

Doranku
07-18-2010, 05:40 PM
What makes it valid in the first place? Because he could jump high and dribble well? Those things don't make you a analyst.

Right, but I'm sure you'd be super happy if the Lakers hired Isiah Thomas to make basketball decisions. I'm sure you'd be like "oh, just cause he single-handedly ruined a franchise, doesnt mean his opinion isn't really valuable! he was a really good player, remember!!!!

sorry, stanley.

This guy is sweating bullets over this situation because he knows if LA beats Team Diva in the Finals, his beloved LeBron will be roasted in the media for decades to come.

game3524
07-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Not a fair comparison by MJ. The Bird/Magic equivalents today would be Kobe and Boston's Big 3. Instead LeBron joined a player who hasn't gotten past the 1st round in 4 years. The other has NEVER been past the 1st round. LeBron's far and away the most successful of the 3 for a while now. He's helping them out as much as he's helping himself here.

And who has won a championship as the man. Some of you guys are either really stupid or just can't accept reality. The problem isn't leaving Cleveland, hell I am glad he did. The problem is going to Wade's team, who is an alpha dog and close to his level as a player. Lebron is now A-Rod to Wade's Jeter, no matter what he does it will be Wade's team, and Miami is Wade's town. All Jordan is saying is he would never join up with peers who are close to his level and who have already won.

This isn't rocket science.

oh the horror
07-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Again, alot of you can argue it, but Jordan has taken the opinion, of most former ballplayers from what ive seen so far.

You can agree with them, or disagree, but it is what it is.

YAWN
07-18-2010, 05:43 PM
love the lebron fans that rode on over with him to miami :oldlol:

instead of wade being the 3rd best player in the world, hes referred to as some random dude that hasn't made it out of the first round in 4 years. haha. amazing comedy.

If anyone can honestly not see what Jordan and every other non lebron/miami heat worshipper is saying, then you've got some problems. Its clear as day what happened here.

Bladers
07-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Not a fair comparison by MJ. The Bird/Magic equivalents today would be Kobe and Boston's Big 3. You know, teams/players who've actually won something. Instead, LeBron joined a player who hasn't gotten past the 1st round in 4 years. The other has NEVER been past the 1st round in his career. LeBron's far and away the most successful of the 3 for a while now. He's helping them out as much as he's helping himself here.

Like others pointed out. Its not Lebron leaving cleavland.
and as MJ point out, Its Lebron going to Wade's team who already won a ring on his team and joining up with him. A player who is arguably better than you and you go and team up with him.

Not only that, but After another player(bosh) a 24/10 guy already joined him.
Its like Lebron going to join Kobe and Gasol in LA.
MJ would never do that and has spoken. Why can't we just accept it?
DAMN! I guess Bron Bron can do no wrong according to his fanboys?

jcfadul
07-18-2010, 05:50 PM
It is interesting to ponder though .... how long would Jordan have stayed in Chicago if they didn't have Pippen in place?

I give it till '92 or '93 at most before he would've demanded a trade out ala Barkley, probably ending up in New York to play with Ewing or something.

right on the money it looks all of the sudden Pippen was just
a regular player not a HOF how stupid can people be saying
that MJ, Magic or Bird did it by they self

To me the Bulls was the perfect fit for James
with Rose, Boozer and Noah but staying in Cleveland no way

i can understand Players calling out James For Joining
the Heat but dont tell me that staying in Cleveland was
the right choice

Bladers
07-18-2010, 05:52 PM

To me the Bulls was the perfect fit for James with Rose, Boozer
and Noah but staying in Cleveland no way

WTF you talking about? Pippen was no HOF till he played with Jordan.
Jordan made pippen better. Just like Gasol was no HOF till he played with Kobe!

And no one said he should stay in Cleveland. NOT one person, not even Jordan himself.

game3524
07-18-2010, 05:53 PM

To me the Bulls was the perfect fit for James with Rose, Boozer
and Noah but staying in Cleveland no way

No one is saying they did, but they never skipped town to play with a guy who was on the same tier as a player, and before you say Magic and Bird, they were drafted to LA and Boston. This is really funny to me, if Kobe Bryant had skipped town and went to play with Wade in Miami, you guys would be all over it.

I guess when Bron does it, it is ok.:applause:

RazorBaLade
07-18-2010, 05:53 PM
powerglove I can see your delusions from here. cover that up

StacksOnDeck
07-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Anyone else find it funny how Bron respects MJ so MUCH but in almost every interview, MJ makes it seem like he has none for Bron?

Indian guy
07-18-2010, 05:56 PM
The problem is going to Wade's team, who is an alpha dog and close to his level as a player.

I'm not a great fan of the move either, but I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be. Wade's won a championship, sure, but that was 4 years ago & he hasn't had any success since. Everyone prior to The Decision considered him inferior to LeBron and on a FAR lower level as a star-celebrity. Yet now that him and LeBron are teammates, suddenly LeBron's become secondary both as a player and a star? Please. Once the games being, none of this "Wade's team" and "Pippen" jokes will work. LeBron was the league's best player and it's biggest star the last 2 seasons. Changing teams won't change that.

All Jordan is saying is he would never join up with peers who are close to his level and who have already won.

Not big on speculating what MJ or any other superstar would've done. Fact is they weren't in LeBron's position. Mo Williams isn't the best teammate they had after giving a franchise 7 years. Who knows what they would've done.

ZeN
07-18-2010, 05:58 PM
With cigar in hand and sarcasm dripping from his words, Michael Jordan posed a question for Charles Barkley. "Charles, what would you have done if Pip (Scottie Pippen) and I called you up and asked you to come join us in Chicago?" Jordan asked. A look of disgust flashed on Barkley's face. Not in a million years, he scoffed, and his colorful language made Jordan smile with pleasure. It was nothing more than a humorous exchange between close friends on the driving range of the American Century Championship. Yet it spoke volumes of how the NBA's old guard views LeBron James and his ignoble departure to Miami.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2010/07/17/20100717lebron-james-nba-legends-reaction-bickley.html

RazorBaLade
07-18-2010, 05:59 PM
imdian guy stop acting like cle is the only team that wanted lebron. he could have gone to other teams and try to do it.. But he knows his limits and went to the best team for his level of play. no big deal :P

Bladers
07-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Not big on speculating what MJ or any other superstar would've done. Fact is they weren't in LeBron's position. Mo Williams isn't the best teammate they had after giving a franchise 7 years. Who knows what they would've done.

There is no speculations, MJ said it himself that he never thought about it or even considered it. It was a NO NO to him. He would never do it, he wanted to beat them not Join them!

Point Blank.
Lebron could have went to the bulls and faced Wade & Bosh in an epic playoff matchup.:bowdown:

But he would he would lose to wade so he said: "Can't beat em? Join em!"

chazzy
07-18-2010, 06:00 PM

Wow, there's a difference between Isiah Thomas running my favorite team and MJ voicing an opinion.. you're putting an asterisk on any MJ statement because of who he drafted, which has NO relevance to his opinion on this matter :oldlol:

New York Knicks
07-18-2010, 06:01 PM
It's funny how much Bron loves MJ, but MJ pretty much shows no respect for him. But MJ shows a lot of respect for Kobe and Kobe hates his guts (probably a competitive thing though).

Indian guy
07-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Is Charles the most deluded person in the world or what? He joined the Houston Rockets in 1996, a franchise that was only a year removed from winning 2 straight titles. What's even sadder is that Hakeem/Clyde beat him on their way to those 2 titles. Yet he still ring-chased his butt to Houston when they all remained Top 5-10 players in the league. Charles is really in no position to get on LeBron's case. Someone tell him to STFU.

thejumpa
07-18-2010, 06:03 PM
So.....4 pages on pointless debate by the same old LeBron haters and there is still no link? Hmm I wonder why...

....maybe because Jordan never said this:confusedshrug: . Nah, never that:roll:

Bladers
07-18-2010, 06:05 PM
So.....4 pages on pointless debate by the same old LeBron haters and there is still no link? Hmm I wonder why...

FOOL ESPN Mike Miller!

http://twitter.com/MIKESPN

"M. Jordan jst said @ this celebrity golf tourny that back in his day...he wld've nvr wntd 2 team up w/Magic & Bird...He wntd 2 beat them."

He SAID it at the golf tournament. Video will be on Youtube shortly.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-18-2010, 06:05 PM

per espn...

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-18-2010, 06:06 PM
FOOL ESPN Mike Miller!

"M. Jordan jst said @ this celebrity golf tourny that back in his day...he wld've nvr wntd 2 team up w/Magic & Bird...He wntd 2 beat them."
bout to make mention of it on espn, sportscenter...

thejumpa
07-18-2010, 06:07 PM
FOOL ESPN Mike Miller!

I said link, not random ESPN "personality" on twitter. If this is true, then we will see it on ESPN soon, right?

thejumpa
07-18-2010, 06:09 PM
per espn...

Thanks. Checking ESPN as we speak.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-18-2010, 06:10 PM
they said coming up a little while ago..

2010splash
07-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Hahahahaha. Miami getting owned here badly. :roll:

LeBron and Wade are both chumps compared to Jordan. Neither of these cowards has the willpower to be a true champion like the GOAT.

Heat fans mad right now.:lol

Lo1a
07-18-2010, 06:14 PM
It's funny how much Bron loves MJ, but MJ pretty much shows no respect for him. But MJ shows a lot of respect for Kobe and Kobe hates his guts (probably a competitive thing though).

Kobe hates MJ's guts?? Since when? :oldlol:

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Hahahahaha. Miami getting owned here badly. :roll:

LeBron and Wade are both chumps compared to Jordan. Neither of these cowards has the willpower to be a true champion like the GOAT.

Heat fans mad right now.:lol
i think lebron def regrets his decision after this. i don't really think dwade cares tho and why should he? also isn't wade on mj's brand?

thejumpa
07-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Kobe hates MJ's guts?? Since when? :oldlol:

Since never. You know what's really funny? The fact that it's been documented that they all show respect for one another.

StacksOnDeck
07-18-2010, 06:20 PM

Way to embarass yourself.

thejumpa
07-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Way to embarass yourself.

Each one of your 660 posts has been a demostration of you embarassing yourself. You're the token ISH clown:roll:

Furthermore, I still haven't seen any report on ESPN or anything....just a mention on Twitter:confusedshrug:

Bladers
07-18-2010, 06:23 PM
4 pages and the same LeBron haters/Laker fans are trying to discredit LeBron going to Miami. Get over it. Go outside and play some basketball. ****ing nerds. There is no link for a reason. JORDAN NEVER SAID THIS.

If he did, it would be on ESPN fast as hell. I've been watching the golf tournament and never once heard him say that. If he did, the story would will be reported in the next 24 hours.

Same ol people hopping on LeBrons dick like there's no tomorrow. Surely there is something else to talk about on ISH

thejumpa

That was His post which he deleted.
He might aswell self ban now!

thejumpa
07-18-2010, 06:25 PM
That was His post which he deleted.
He might aswell self ban now!

I deleted my post because I felt there was no need to say so much. My new post said the same thing but was shorter:oldlol:

D-Rose
07-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Is Charles the most deluded person in the world or what? He joined the Houston Rockets in 1996, a franchise that was only a year removed from winning 2 straight titles. What's even sadder is that Hakeem/Clyde beat him on their way to those 2 titles. Yet he still ring-chased his butt to Houston when they all remained Top 5-10 players in the league. Charles is really in no position to get on LeBron's case. Someone tell him to STFU.
Oh shut the hell up and get off LeBron's sack. Barkley tried to win it "the right way" for 12 seasons. He joined Houston when he was 33. That is similar to the KG, Ray, PP union.

He did NOT go join top FA when he was 25, as he said about LeBron making this decision, it was too early to go this route.

B-Low
07-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Jordan concluded the interview by criticizing LeBron's ball palming ability

Bladers
07-18-2010, 06:27 PM
I deleted my post because I felt there was no need to say so much. My new post said the same thing but was shorter:oldlol:

No your old post exposed you and that was why you deleted it...

I'm still ROFL...

4 pages and the same LeBron haters/Laker fans are trying to discredit LeBron going to Miami. Get over it. Go outside and play some basketball. ****ing nerds. There is no link for a reason. JORDAN NEVER SAID THIS.

Same ol people hopping on LeBrons dick like there's no tomorrow.

niko
07-18-2010, 06:28 PM

Charles was in his mid 30's. Lebron is 26. Charles was pretty much shot. It's not the same.

People are ridiculously on Lebron's dick on this board, he joined up, he knows he shit on his legacy, he doesn't seem to care - why do you all defend it ot the death? He doesn't even speak on his own behalf anymore.

StacksOnDeck
07-18-2010, 06:30 PM
TheJumpa deleting his posts trying to hide his stupidity.

Lakers13
The GOAT has spoken, and LeBron groupies still wanna argue it, they will even discredit Jordan because his bad drafting to say anything he says is worthless. You kids are jokes. :oldlol:

thejumpa
No your old post exposed you and that was why you deleted it...

I'm still ROFL...

How am I exposed? You already know my stance. I said Jordan never said it and I saw no links. You, on the other hand, are a LeBron hater or a Laker fan. Looking back on it, I should have just left my orginal post.

Indian guy
07-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Oh shut the hell up and get off LeBron's sack.

Says the Kobe nut-rider :rolleyes:

He joined Houston when he was 33. That is similar to the KG, Ray, PP union.

It's nothing like Boston's Big 3. KG & Allen joined a team that had sucked for a while. Barkley joined a GREAT team that had defeated him on its way to 2 straight titles. It was the ultimate can't-beat-em-so-join-em loser move.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-18-2010, 06:33 PM
eh...how about u quote the rest of what he said. imo nothing to see here after i heard the complete response on espn.

Indian guy
07-18-2010, 06:33 PM
The GOAT has spoken

The GOAT also said a 1-on-1 game between him and Kobe wouldn't even be close. I guess Kobe nut jobs agree with that too?

D-Rose
07-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Says the Kobe nut-rider :rolleyes:

It's nothing like Boston's Big 3. KG & Allen joined a team that had sucked for a while. Barkley joined a GREAT team that had defeated him on its way to 2 straight titles. It was the ultimate can't-beat-em-so-join-em loser move.
Barkley like KG/Ray was traded there unlike Lebron who signed as a FA. Chuck asked for the trade but it would be his only chance at a ring before retiring.

and Hakeem/Clyde were clearly on the downside of their careers, NOT in their primes like Wade/Bosh.

StacksOnDeck
07-18-2010, 06:35 PM
The GOAT also said a 1-on-1 game between him and Kobe wouldn't even be close. I guess Kobe nut jobs agree with that too?

You used to be a decent poster.

niko
07-18-2010, 06:36 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You are delusional.

You guys should really look back at how you(yes, you) talk about Lebron.

ok, let's recap....
1) I said the show and such was ridiculous even before it aired (i started the thread)
2) I said the move to Miami seems ridiculously anti-competitive...
3) I said the move is shitting on his legacy, which i explained TO DEATH is because he was shooting for GOAT, and now he's shooting for what? Top 10? Title collecting as Wade's 2nd in command?

i guess the media reaction, public reaction, the reaction of his peers and the reaction of the NBA all time greats don't matter?

The people saying Lebron's legacy won't be hurt are the Miami Heat, their fans, and a few ESPN writers who worship Lebron. You think it's the same? Because i don't know your thoughts, because every single post of yours it just dissign on some post or topic, you never contribute, its just :rolleyes:

thejumpa
07-18-2010, 06:38 PM
And let's keep it 100 here, MJ didn't call out Lebron. Like I said earlier, only a kid/LeBron hater/Laker fan(on this site anyway) would put that in the title.

Bladers, you are an idiot. I loved how you forgot to add the part where he says "It's not necessarily a bad thing. I can't speak for these guys. It's not how it was back then. It's different nowadays. We had those guys on the Dream Team and it worked out perfectly. I just a different view of competitiveness."

So, you tell me. How is this calling out LeBron and how is this, in any way, shape, or form, a shot at anyone? He clearly understands that NBA basketball is different now and there are no rivalries(ironically, the same thing I, and others have been saying all a long).

Please.....I'm waiting on you or anyone else to expose me.

Lakers13
07-18-2010, 06:38 PM

Let them think what they want. I know Jordan is better then Kobe, I've never said otherwise. :confusedshrug:

Lakers13
07-18-2010, 06:39 PM
You used to be a decent poster.

Till he was exposed for what he is, a LeBron stan.

niko
07-18-2010, 06:40 PM
^ how in the hell did you get all that from what I said? I'm talking about you and some select others taking every chance to take lebron down a couple notches for whatever reason and then complaining about the ones who defend him.

and yeah,i never contribute to a thread. that makes so much sense.

This place is getting worse day by day.

you call me out. you don't disagree, agree say anything. you just pop in to a few posters (cause you don't like our team) and basically say YOUR POST IS STUPID.

:confusedshrug: what am i supposed to do? insult you back? i don't know you at all. i can just talk on topic...

Lakers13
07-18-2010, 06:41 PM
One person mentioned his drafting and now it has turned into groupies?:oldlol:

Im still trying to figure out why your defending LeBron at every corner, is it the cool thing to do now? :oldlol:

bagelred
07-18-2010, 06:45 PM
At the Lake Tahoe Celebrity Golf, When Interviewed about LBJ.

link?

D-Rose
07-18-2010, 06:45 PM
To put things in perspective, if Kobe did this exact thing and let's pretend 09 and 10 titles didn't happen, he'd be getting ripped to shreds by the same people defending LeBron.

"He can't win without Shaq or a Top 3 player"

"Kobe knows he's a 2nd fiddle"

"Kobe is forever a Robin"

etc

and you KNOW I'm right about this. I even as a fan would agree that such a move would tarnish Kobe from ever touching the Top 10 all time list. So please people, stop pretending to yourselves that somehow this decision doesn't effect LBJ's legacy because yes it does, completely changes his legacy from alpha male to sidekick/ co pilot.

bagelred
07-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Can someone Photoshop Miami Heat jerseys on them please? :lol

http://216.117.181.169/art/olympics//c65.jpg

PowerGlove
07-18-2010, 06:48 PM
you call me out. you don't disagree, agree say anything. you just pop in to a few posters (cause you don't like our team) and basically say YOUR POST IS STUPID.

:confusedshrug: what am i supposed to do? insult you back? i don't know you at all. i can just talk on topic...

How many assumptions do you aim to include in every post?

I contribute. Not that I really care about what a delusional"we're gonna get Lebron/Amare, maybe wade or JJ, or maybe...jesus" Knick fan thinks.

I dont really care for the Knicks either way. Your team has been irrelevant too long for me to care. I cannot hate or dislike something that doesnt matter, it just not the way I conduct myself. It would be a waste of time imo.

How is my post stupid? Please explain. I'm telling you, that you and others have been trashing Lebron in every single thread and then you turn around and tell me that he doesnt care? Then why do you verbally attack his name(because he has better things to do than this) on the internet with so much vigor? I know, that you like/love/treasure basketball, but when do you realize that you are paraphrasing your thoughts over and over before you stop? I've been watching you guys go at it, arguing over and over with I dont even know who because the only people who defended bron was either me/ashbelly and Indianguy and I dont think anyone defended his decision.

funny how people act on the internet. yeah, im still dumb as a box of rocks though and me contributing? no way.

Bladers
07-18-2010, 06:51 PM
^ how in the hell did you get all that from what I said? I'm talking about you and some select others taking every chance to take lebron down a couple notches for whatever reason and then complaining about the ones who defend him.

and yeah,i never contribute to a thread. that makes so much sense.

This place is getting worse day by day.

Niko is right dude. You never contribute. You only pop in to call out a few posters and call them names.

I even like Ginobli more than you though he disagrees with most of my post, Atleast he actually disagrees and explains. He contribute, he debates.
You just pop in call out posters and insult them!:confusedshrug:

PowerGlove
07-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Im still trying to figure out why your defending LeBron at every corner, is it the cool thing to do now? :oldlol:
I'm still trying to figure out how the guy(me) who said that Wade was better than Bron before the free agency debacle started, was crucified for my opinion but now that very same opinion is held as fact.

How hypocritical is that? Also, if you would read, I'm not even defending Lebron that much at all. I stopped that like last week.

Bladers
07-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Can someone Photoshop Miami Heat jerseys on them please? :lol

http://216.117.181.169/art/olympics//c65.jpg

Why didn't Jordan hatch a plan right then for them to come together and play?

PowerGlove
07-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Niko is right dude. You never contribute. You only pop in to call out a few posters and call them names.

I even like Ginobli more than you. They contribute, they debate.
You just pop in call out posters and insult them!:confusedshrug:
Really?

I dont hear anyone saying that they Pittsburgh Pirates or the Detroit Lions should be contracted and those teams havent made the playoffs since I was a kid.

What is your point?

Here we are, complaining about parity in a league where the longest playoff drought is six seasons.

"OMG something should be DONE!!!!:rant :cry: :cry: "

uh-huh, yeah right.

Competitive balance?

We've had a smorgasbord of teams that have been contender's and every single NBA team has made the playoffs in the past ten years. So what, if it's the same teams winning the whole thing over and over, it's not like other cities/areas have not had great teams.

and you should be the LAST person to call someone out. all I ever see you post has kobe in it somewhere.

Draz
07-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Lebron defamed himself, have anyone looked at D. Fisher? Fisher has as many rings as Kobe, and no ones complaining, he's a veteran. Lebron is going to be the next Fisher, with Wade to him will be Kobe. Lebrons just another veteran, thus compared to as Fisher.

Indian guy
07-18-2010, 06:56 PM
To put things in perspective, if Kobe did this exact thing and let's pretend 09 and 10 titles didn't happen, he'd be getting ripped to shreds by the same people defending LeBron.

Don't know about others, but much would depend on Kobe's own play and his cast prior to joining Wade/Bosh. If his own play wasn't superstar-like and had he failed to win it all with Gasol by his side, then yeah, he would look bad. In LeBron's case, I see a guy who produced back-to-back historical seasons yet couldn't end up winning it all because the FO could never surround him with a player better than Mo Williams.

completely changes his legacy from alpha male to sidekick/ co pilot.

He's a 25 year old who's been largely considered the game's best player the last 2 years. He's not a sidekick to anyone and I'm yet to read the logic behind why joining a great player would make an even greater one a "sidekick". Haters need to grow the fu*k up, honestly.

Bladers
07-18-2010, 06:57 PM
And let's keep it 100 here, MJ didn't call out Lebron. Like I said earlier, only a kid/LeBron hater/Laker fan(on this site anyway) would put that in the title.

Bladers, you are an idiot. I loved how you forgot to add the part where he says "It's not necessarily a bad thing. I can't speak for these guys. It's not how it was back then. It's different nowadays. We had those guys on the Dream Team and it worked out perfectly. I just a different view of competitiveness."

So, you tell me. How is this calling out LeBron and how is this, in any way, shape, or form, a shot at anyone? He clearly understands that NBA basketball is different now and there are no rivalries(ironically, the same thing I, and others have been saying all a long).

Please.....I'm waiting on you or anyone else to expose me.

and you forget to mention the part where he said: "I would not have called Larry and Magic and say let's play together. I wanted to beat them"

Your in deny dude, right from the beginning.

Look how dumb you look now?

chazzy
because the only people who defended bron was either me/ashbelly

Not someone you wanna group yourself with :lol

Lakers13
I'm still trying to figure out how the guy(me) who said that Wade was better than Bron before the free agency debacle started, was crucified for my opinion but now that very same opinion is held as fact.

How hypocritical is that? Also, if you would read, I'm not even defending Lebron that much at all. I stopped that like last week.

:confusedshrug: I've always preferred Wade over LeBron

keep-itreal
i dont think jordan ever beat larry bird tho:lol

PowerGlove
07-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Not someone you wanna group yourself with :lol
meh.

thejumpa
07-18-2010, 07:01 PM
and you forget to mention the part where he said: "I would not have called Larry and Magic and say let's play together. I wanted to beat them"

Your in deny dude, right from the beginning.

Look how dumb you look now?

Huh? I assumed that you made up the quote and went off that. I'll admit I was wrong. Jordan really did say that. However, he didn't call anybody out and didn't send any shots at anyone. Care to address the rest of the quote or are you going to mention me deleting my post or how stupid I am again?

:roll: I know you can't be this slow. I know StacksonDeck is, but you seem to have some sense. Either address it or prove my point from the beginning....that you are a LeBron hater.

2LeTTeRS
07-18-2010, 07:17 PM
Why is everybody so quick to discuss a players legacy when his career isn't even half over yet? Bron hasn't even played a game with Miami yet but we're already assuming who the best player on the team will be. Lets just have a little patience and see what actually goes down on the court and worry about all that other secondary non-sense later.

LAClipsFan33
07-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Lebron defamed himself, have anyone looked at D. Fisher? Fisher has as many rings as Kobe, and no ones complaining, he's a veteran. Lebron is going to be the next Fisher, with Wade to him will be Kobe. Lebrons just another veteran, thus compared to as Fisher.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s2/pizdetss/suicide.jpg

Career:

Fisher ppg : 9

Lebron ppg : 27.8

How the f*ck would he be Fisher ?

bokes15
07-18-2010, 07:32 PM
We all knew this already, but to be fair:

Jordan/Magic/Bird >>>>> Wade/Bron/Bosh. It might be more accurate if he said something like himself along with Isiah Thomas and Karl Malone.

Courtside View
07-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Why is everybody so quick to discuss a players legacy when his career isn't even half over yet? Bron hasn't even played a game with Miami yet but we're already assuming who the best player on the team will be. Lets just have a little patience and see what actually goes down on the court and worry about all that other secondary non-sense later.

Well, for Kobe fanatics, Cleveland fans and other Lebron haters that's easy to understand. This is the perfect opportunity to try to end his entire career at 25. Sure it's pathetic, illogical and unreasonable but sports frequently produces these types of mentalities. I don't even care if you dislike the move. It's the stupidity behind most of the anti Bron arguments that gets to me. For example, Bron has widely been considered the best player for at least the past 2 years (some would say more). He's the reigning two time MVP. Now all of a sudden because he's on a different team, he's a sidekick? That doesn't even make sense, unless you're just on a mission to condemn Lebron.

SuddenImpact09
07-18-2010, 07:35 PM
This.

Yeah it cant be put any better than that. I mean NOW everyone wants to speak against Jordan because he's in disagreement with LEBRON. Had it been Kobe, people would be claiming Jordan knows all.

It is what it is and the best to play the game, and arguably the greatest winner who knows what he is talking about contrary to YOUR opinion, has spoken.

game385
07-18-2010, 07:39 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
MJ basically confirmed what we all new anyway.

niko
07-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Maybe this current generation of NBA fans is weaned on this "we all love each other" generation of stars so they don't care, but when i started watching, those players really were competitive to a level they would not have made the choice Lebron did. Their individual legacies were important to them, and they measured themselves against their peers. Wade is Lebron's peer (bosh is a secondary star), a Magic or a Isiah, etc. - they wanted to (as long as they were able) compete against each other's teams to see who was best. Lebron wants to eschew that challenge and join another star's team. that's just strange to me, but again - the generation i grew up with the stars didn't run over to make sure their friends, not their teammates were ok after a hard foul. the one's who went ring chasing, they were older, and couldn't realistically be a first option anymore.

:confusedshrug: when all is said and done the decision to join, not crush his rivals will be a part of Lebron's legacy, like it or not...

niko
07-18-2010, 07:55 PM
How many assumptions do you aim to include in every post?

I contribute. Not that I really care about what a delusional"we're gonna get Lebron/Amare, maybe wade or JJ, or maybe...jesus" Knick fan thinks.

I dont really care for the Knicks either way. Your team has been irrelevant too long for me to care. I cannot hate or dislike something that doesnt matter, it just not the way I conduct myself. It would be a waste of time imo.

How is my post stupid? Please explain. I'm telling you, that you and others have been trashing Lebron in every single thread and then you turn around and tell me that he doesnt care? Then why do you verbally attack his name(because he has better things to do than this) on the internet with so much vigor? I know, that you like/love/treasure basketball, but when do you realize that you are paraphrasing your thoughts over and over before you stop? I've been watching you guys go at it, arguing over and over with I dont even know who because the only people who defended bron was either me/ashbelly and Indianguy and I dont think anyone defended his decision.

funny how people act on the internet. yeah, im still dumb as a box of rocks though and me contributing? no way.

you are taking my argument and reducing it to **** LEBRON. i never said he made the wrong decision. you just want to portray it as a decision with no downside, it has an upside (he has a much better chance to win a title, he's in miami with bikinis and girls and its fun as shit) BUT it also has a downside (his reputation and legacy are total shit right now).

you want to portray the decision as having no downside, nothing in life is every all upside.

and did you really say ashbelly? you are aware he's PB's pro Lebron trolling personality, because his regular SN made too many dumb pro cav posts to be pro Lebron anymore?

Courtside View
07-18-2010, 08:05 PM
you are taking my argument and reducing it to **** LEBRON. i never said he made the wrong decision. you just want to portray it as a decision with no downside, it has an upside (he has a much better chance to win a title, he's in miami with bikinis and girls and its fun as shit) BUT it also has a downside (his reputation and legacy are total shit right now).

you want to portray the decision as having no downside, nothing in life is every all upside.

and did you really say ashbelly? you are aware he's PB's pro Lebron trolling personality, because his regular SN made too many dumb pro cav posts to be pro Lebron anymore?

Like I said, I have no problem with someone not liking the move. I can even understand where some of the criticism comes from as far as joining Wade instead of wanting to compete against him (though I don't agree with that view).

The thing is, the world is much bigger than message boards, which tend to be filled with obsessive fans. Bron has taken a hit in public opinion, no doubt, but I honestly believe it's being blown way out of proportion by those who have a desire to bury Bron, rather than offer objective analysis of the situation. In the outside world, I just haven't seen the kind of hostility and anger that is found in places like ISH. Most people have either been ambivalent or thought he was a jackass for the "Decision" TV special and that's about it. NOT where he went.

This idea being pushed by Bron detractors that no matter what he does in Miami that he will never be considered a top 10+ player, and that he'll be forever hated blah blah blah is just complete idiocy.

A. A dominant Heat team WILL be the most popular in basketball. Guaranteed.

B. Lebron WILL retire a legend, and the sky is still basically the limit on how high he goes depending on how well he plays/championships won, etc.

These two things will only fail to happen if the Heat fail. Some people are just so blinded by their rage/desire to see him fail that they can't comprehend this simple truth.

niko
07-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Like I said, I have no problem with someone not liking the move. I can even understand where some of the criticism comes from as far as joining Wade instead of wanting to compete against him (though I don't agree with that view).

The thing is, the world is much bigger than message boards, which tend to be filled with obsessive fans. Bron has taken a hit in public opinion, no doubt, but I honestly believe it's being blown way out of proportion by those who have a desire to bury Bron, rather than offer objective analysis of the situation. In the outside world, I just haven't seen the kind of hostility and anger that is found in places like ISH. Most people have either been ambivalent or thought he was a jackass for the "Decision" TV special and that's about it. NOT where he went.

This idea being pushed by Bron detractors that no matter what he does in Miami that he will never be considered a top 10+ player, and that he'll be forever hated blah blah blah is just complete idiocy.

A. A dominant Heat team WILL be the most popular in basketball. Guaranteed.

B. Lebron WILL retire a legend, and the sky is still basically the limit on how high he goes depending on how well he plays/championships won, etc.

These two things will only fail to happen if the Heat fail. Some people are just so blinded by their rage/desire to see him fail that they can't comprehend this simple truth.

see this i don't like. this is the implication nothing changed. it did change. one thing, just ONE was given up by Lebron that day. 100%, can't change, no matter what. Because that day, he gave up any claim, even a tiny tiny one of possibly being GOAT. and i ****ing HATE jordan (although i acknolwedge his greatness) and that little % that Lebron could outshine him, that was something i thought was pretty cool. And Lebron decided that didn't matter, and no matter what happens, that will always strike me as a bit dissapointing.

Courtside View
07-18-2010, 08:17 PM
see this i don't like. this is the implication nothing changed. it did change. one thing, just ONE was given up by Lebron that day. 100%, can't change, no matter what. Because that day, he gave up any claim, even a tiny tiny one of possibly being GOAT. and i ****ing HATE jordan (although i acknolwedge his greatness) and that little % that Lebron could outshine him, that was something i thought was pretty cool. And Lebron decided that didn't matter, and no matter what happens, that will always strike me as a bit dissapointing.

Well, I personally don't think that Bron could have been GOAT regardless because I didn't see him ever being as good as Jordan. However, his move to Miami is not why.

The problem that I think detractors have is that they keep harping on the "He went to play with another top 2 player in the league!!! Oh my god!!! Coward!! He couldn't do it on his own!! " and all of that.

The reason that doesn't matter to me is because I don't look at it that way. I just look at it like he went to play with other great players, and that MANY legends have played with stacked teams. Russell, Bird, Magic all did. Wilt. If no other legend had ever played with a stacked team then MAYBE I'd consider that to be a relevant point. If he had the most talented basketball team by far ever in the history of the sport!!! Maybe I'd consider that. But that's not the case.

All that matters to me is how he performs. That's really all that should matter.

triangleoffense
07-18-2010, 08:21 PM

Wade and Lebron are top3 players in the league, so are Magic and Bird. It's not only wade and bosh that teamed up but also wade/bosh/lebron.

Never, in the history of the league, have I seen 2 undisputed top3 players playing on the same team. That's 2 out of the best 3 players in the league playing together.

Basketman
07-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Michael Jordan is a huge doushe. Forget his opinion.

bdreason
07-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Nobody respects a front-runner.

niko
07-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Well, I personally don't think that Bron could have been GOAT regardless because I didn't see him ever being as good as Jordan. However, his move to Miami is not why.

The problem that I think detractors have is that they keep harping on the "He went to play with another top 2 player in the league!!! Oh my god!!! Coward!! He couldn't do it on his own!! " and all of that.

The reason that doesn't matter to me is because I don't look at it that way. I just look at it like he went to play with other great players, and that MANY legends have played with stacked teams. Russell, Bird, Magic all did. Wilt. If no other legend had ever played with a stacked team then MAYBE I'd consider that to be a relevant point. If he had the most talented basketball team by far ever in the history of the sport!!! Maybe I'd consider that. But that's not the case.

All that matters to me is how he performs. That's really all that should matter.

how you play matters. when you are a top all time player, how you play vs. your peers matters. it doesn't matter? then leave lebron out of the talk about all time greats. i doubt lebron fans will do that. because it DOES matter.

Lebron is a front runner. Front runners generally don't get props for being front runners.

bdreason
07-18-2010, 09:26 PM
I saw the quote on ESPN, and he was definitely ripping LeBron. Not only did he say he wouldn't have called up Larry and Magic, but he called LeBron and Wade "kids", and then said that apparently the NBA today isn't about being competitive.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-18-2010, 09:41 PM
how AWESOME is this thread???
here's how: MJ calls out Lebron, and fcukin' ISH retards call MJ a douchebag.
THAT is why I come back to this place!

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Wade and Lebron are top3 players in the league, so are Magic and Bird. It's not only wade and bosh that teamed up but also wade/bosh/lebron.

Never, in the history of the league, have I seen 2 undisputed top3 players playing on the same team. That's 2 out of the best 3 players in the league playing together.

quoted for truth.

game3524
07-18-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm not a great fan of the move either, but I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be. Wade's won a championship, sure, but that was 4 years ago & he hasn't had any success since. Everyone prior to The Decision considered him inferior to LeBron and on a FAR lower level as a star-celebrity. Yet now that him and LeBron are teammates, suddenly LeBron's become secondary both as a player and a star? Please. Once the games being, none of this "Wade's team" and "Pippen" jokes will work. LeBron was the league's best player and it's biggest star the last 2 seasons. Changing teams won't change that.

Your acting like Lebron had no choice but to go to Miami. The guy had other options, he could have gone to New York or Chicago and been the clearcut man.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-18-2010, 09:46 PM
when we hear statements like this, from bigtime NBAers, how can it NOT impact Lebron's "legacy"?

Soundwave
07-18-2010, 09:53 PM

Errr ... Shaq + Kobe?

I'd argue currently Howard + Kobe + LeBron are the top in the NBA, Wade would be just below that.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Errr ... Shaq + Kobe?

I'd argue currently Howard + Kobe + LeBron are the top in the NBA, Wade would be just below that.

Kobe wasn't top 3 when they initially teamed up. Nor did they collude to play together.

Soundwave
07-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Kobe wasn't top 3 when they initially teamed up. Nor did they collude to play together.

Shaq didn't (he went running to L.A. for even dumber reasons) but I'm pretty sure Kobe demanded to be drafted by only the Lakers.

Yeah real heart and soul types ... fact is Shaq + Kobe have more in common with LeBron than they do with true old school ballers like Jordan/Bird/Magic. They are a product of the modern hype machine and they're constantly aware of things like their "legacy" (more marketing BS).

By 02/03, I think you could make a fair argument that the top 3 in the NBA was

1. Shaq
2. Duncan
3. Kobe

And maybe LeBron wouldn't have had to have "colluded" to play with anyone if Cleveland's front office had actually gotten him someone to grow with (not 34-year-old Antawn Jamison) in the seven year window they had.

Like maybe drafting Joe Johnson instead of Dajuan Wagner. Or Amare Stoudemire instead of DaSagana Diop. Little details like that.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Shaq didn't but I'm pretty sure Kobe demanded to be drafted by only the Lakers.

1. Shaq
2. Duncan
3. Kobe

yes, Kobe wanted to be traded to the Lakers. But that had nothing to do with Shaq. He didn't know Shaq.

you know what I'm saying. Its not comparable to LeWadeBosh

Vicp493
07-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Jordan has proven time and time again that he doesn't know a thing about basketball. People only care about what he has to say because he's the GOAT.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-18-2010, 10:03 PM
And maybe LeBron wouldn't have had to have "colluded" to play with anyone if Cleveland's front office had actually gotten him someone to grow with (not 34-year-old Antawn Jamison) in the seven year window they had.

he had other options than teaming up with Wade and Bosh.
really good options.

Vicp493
07-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Btw, I'd place Paul just slightly above Wade in the overall player rankings.

1.Lebron
2.Kobe
3.Paul
4.Wade
5.Howard
6.Duncan

Soundwave
07-18-2010, 10:05 PM
he had other options than teaming up with Wade and Bosh.
really good options.

Chicago was the only other really solid option.

The Knicks have been a joke for a decade+ now, if he went there he'd really be going for media attention/marketing potential more than anything.

I wouldn't call New York a "great" option. Would Kobe trade his spot to go play in NY with that roster/coach? Would Garnett? Would Howard?

game3524
07-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Jordan has proven time and time again that he doesn't know a thing about basketball. People only care about what he has to say because he's the GOAT.

Actually he is right in this case, only Lebron tots and Heat fans can't see it for what it is.

Soundwave
07-18-2010, 10:08 PM
yes, Kobe wanted to be traded to the Lakers. But that had nothing to do with Shaq. He didn't know Shaq.

you know what I'm saying. Its not comparable to LeWadeBosh

I don't think Kobe/Shaq have any more character than LeBron/Wade.

They're all the same cloth/same attitude.

Only difference is Shaq + Kobe have played on stacked teams all their careers.

Kobe got a taste of actually having to build something from relatively scratch in that short period between Shaq leaving and he did ton of complaining and demanded a trade and insulted the front office, etc. etc. etc.

They all have their multi-million dollar sneaker deals before they ever play a game, they all are making demands before they even play a game, they all have a massive sense of entitlement. When things don't go their way they all whine like babies.

They're all the same. Shaq's reasons for going to L.A. are probably the dumbest and most arrogant/self centered reasons ever. Leaving a perfectly great situation in Orlando to further a laughably lame movie career.

None of these guys are like old school 70s/80s/early 90s era ballers. Pro sports and especially pro basketball has changed. I think people might as well accept that.

Cleveland is probably lucky they got LeBron for 7 years, Orlando only had Shaq for 4. I'll cut Wade some slack, because he hasn't made crazy demands or complained even as Miami sucked the last few years, and now he's getting rewarded big time.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Chicago was the only other really solid option.

The Knicks have been a joke for a decade+ now, if he went there he'd really be going for media attention/marketing potential more than anything.

I wouldn't call New York a "great" option. Would Kobe trade his spot to go play in NY with that roster/coach? Would Garnett? Would Howard?

NY had the financial flexibility to build a strong team around him. Not just Stat.
NJ has one of the best young centers in the game and lots of financial flexibility. Chicago was a great option, but I suppose he was not comfortable going against Wade/Bosh.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-18-2010, 10:12 PM
I don't think Kobe/Shaq have any more character than LeBron/Wade.

They're all the same cloth/same attitude.

Only difference is Shaq + Kobe have played on stacked teams all their careers.

Kobe got a taste of actually having to build something from relatively scratch in that short period between Shaq leaving and he did ton of complaining and demanded a trade and insulted the front office, etc. etc. etc.

They're all the same. Shaq's reasons for going to L.A. are probably the dumbest and most arrogant/self centered reasons ever. Leaving a perfectly great situation in Orlando to further a laughably lame movie career.

None of these guys are like old school 70s/80s/early 90s era ballers. Pro sports and especially pro basketball has changed. I think people might as well accept that.

Cleveland is probably lucky they got LeBron for 7 years, Orlando only had Shaq for 4.

so, are you trying to compare the Kobe/Shaq situation to the Lebron/Wade/Bosh situation?

Are you suggesting that Shaq went into a situation where he was not the clear #1. As for Kobe, he was just drafted.

game3524
07-18-2010, 10:13 PM
NY had the financial flexibility to build a strong team around him. Not just Stat.
NJ has one of the best young centers in the game and lots of financial flexibility. Chicago was a great option, but I suppose he was not comfortable going against Wade/Bosh.

This.

Lebron fans can spin how many ways that want, but the guy clearly had options that would have led to titles.

Soundwave
07-18-2010, 10:16 PM
so, are you trying to compare the Kobe/Shaq situation to the Lebron/Wade/Bosh situation?

Are you suggesting that Shaq went into a situation where he was not the clear #1. As for Kobe, he was just drafted.

I'm saying their attitude is all the same.

If Kobe/Shaq were put in a similar position to LeBron they would've bolted from Cleveland. Hell, Kobe probably would've demanded a trade within 2 or 3 years stat.

Wade is really the only one of these guys that has probably a true old school mentality.

Did he b-tch and moan when the Heat sucked the last few years? Nope.

He's been a good soldier for that franchise and gone to bat for them. And now he's getting rewarded by being able to play on a truly great team for really the first time in his career (yeah, the '06 team won the title, but I wouldn't call that a "great" team ... Shaq was clearly on the downside of his career).

LeBron's attitude reminds me a lot of a younger Shaq and isn't that far off from Kobe IMO. All self absorbed, all would cry if they were forced to play on average teams (well actually LeBron did alright in Cleveland), all are obsessed with marketing buzz words like "legacy" and being brand names.

RazorBaLade
07-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Shaq didn't (he went running to L.A. for even dumber reasons) but I'm pretty sure Kobe demanded to be drafted by only the Lakers.

Yeah real heart and soul types ... fact is Shaq + Kobe have more in common with LeBron than they do with true old school ballers like Jordan/Bird/Magic. They are a product of the modern hype machine and they're constantly aware of things like their "legacy" (more marketing BS).

1. Shaq
2. Duncan
3. Kobe

Like maybe drafting Joe Johnson instead of Dajuan Wagner. Or Amare Stoudemire instead of DaSagana Diop. Little details like that.

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2008/jun/18/lakers-trade-for-bryant-has-been-misconstrued/

By the way Ariza and another guy don't remember who but also a decent player were interesting in joining Cavs, but since Lebron would never say what he was doing in '10 they didn't.. Saw that in an article somewhere I dunno.

JM720
07-18-2010, 10:21 PM

No he didnt.
----

And those who were involved in the wheeling and dealing at the time of the trade shoot down all the legends that have developed over the years.

"The deal was actually done a day ahead of time, and it was Vlade for a player to be named," said Bill Branch, the Hornets' head scout at the time who still operates out of Charlotte as a scout for the Seattle-now-Oklahoma City Sonics. "If I remember right, they didn't even tell us who they wanted us to pick until about five minutes before the pick was made. So it was never a matter of us actually drafting Kobe."

The trade was more about the Lakers' pursuit of Shaquille O'Neal in free agency and the Hornets' need to acquire a center than it was about Bryant.

In order to get far enough under the salary cap to make a valid pitch to O'Neal, the Lakers needed to unload Divac's contract, preferably to a team under the salary cap and preferably for a draft pick. The Hornets had traded Alonzo Mourning the previous year, were without a bona fide center, and were well under the cap after renouncing the rights to free agent Kenny Anderson. They would trade Larry Johnson to New York for Anthony Mason later that summer.

The Hornets reasoned that they could come out of the draft with no better than Vitaly Potapenko or Todd Fuller if they drafted a center, and jumped at the chance to trade the 13th pick for Divac.

"When you look back at it, when we made that trade, here was a 17-year-old kid who had played in high school," said Bob Bass, the Hornets' executive vice president of basketball operations at the time. "Twelve other teams passed on him. We made a decision to win now and not later. We had Dave Cowens as our first-year coach, and I wanted to give him a chance to win. I knew if we got Divac in here, we'd win. I didn't feel the same about Bryant. Without Divac, I thought we might have won 25 games."

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2008/jun/18/lakers-trade-for-bryant-has-been-misconstrued/

More at the link...

*edit someone already posted this

Soundwave
07-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Any 17 year old that comes into the NBA thinking they should be able to dictate what NBA franchise they play for is full of themselves. Bird or Magic or Jordan would never have done that either.

I'm sorry, but you know at that age, you should be happy to just have the privilege of playing in the NBA period.

Shut up and go to where you're drafted. If you want to play somewhere else, wait until you're a free agent.

That simple. LeBron at least played by those rules.

JM720
07-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Any 17 year old that comes into the NBA thinking they should be able to dictate what NBA franchise they play for is full of themselves. Bird or Magic or Jordan would never have done that either.

I'm sorry, but you know at that age, you should be happy to just have the privilege of playing in the NBA period.

Shut up and go to where you're drafted. If you want to play somewhere else, wait until you're a free agent.

Did you read the last two post before you?

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-18-2010, 10:27 PM

ummm, you might want to see the prior posts

KB2009Champ
07-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Did you read the last two post before you?

of course he didnt.

anyone trying to compare shaq moving to la to furthur his acting career and playing with a ROOKIE to lebron (who many have said can be g.o.a.t. without even winning a title :oldlol: ) joining wade and bosh.

you have to be a *****n idiot to think they are the same thing.

find another angle pls

Soundwave
07-18-2010, 10:31 PM
ummm, you might want to see the prior posts

It doesn't matter what the reasoning for the Hornets-Lakers deal eventually was or whether there were other factors in play.

Any kid who has that kind of attitude coming into the NBA at age 17 (or f-ck that ... any age) has a sh-t attitude in my book.

You get drafted, and you better damn well like whatever team you go to. You want to make a change, that's what being a free agent is about.

Everyone and their grandma on this board knows damn well too that Kobe wouldn't last even 4 or 5 years on a franchise like the Cavaliers before the water works/whining/crying/trade demands would start.

StacksOnDeck
07-18-2010, 10:32 PM

Damn, can't even read the posts on the last page. You must feel like an idiot.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-18-2010, 10:33 PM
It doesn't matter what the reasoning for the Hornets-Lakers deal eventually was or whether there were other factors in play.

Any kid who has that kind of attitude coming into the NBA at age 17 (or f-ck that ... any age) has a sh-t attitude in my book.

You get drafted, and you better damn well like whatever team you go to. You make a change, that's what being a free agent is about.

you are being intentionally obtuse.

Draz
07-18-2010, 10:33 PM
17? you mean 18 .. ? lol dammmm

game3524
07-18-2010, 10:34 PM
you are being intentionally obtuse.

He is a Lebron fan, they have been like this for the past couple of weeks now........

Soundwave
07-18-2010, 10:36 PM
He is a Lebron fan, they have been like this for the past couple of weeks now........

Not neccessarily. I just see the hypocritical bullsh-t in giving one person a pass and crying bloody murder when another guy has the same sense of entitlement.

LeBron/Kobe/Shaq are not old-school ballers at all in my book. They all have egos the size of Texas and me-first attitude all throughout their career.

The only difference with LeBron is he's been placed in different circumstances.

None of these guys have ever "built" a franchise like Jordan did from the ground up and lifted them to a championship from the boot straps up.

None of them would last even 3 years in a situation like that. The only reason LeBron stuck it out so long is because he's from Cleveland.

JM720
07-18-2010, 10:39 PM

You get drafted, and you better damn well like whatever team you go to. You want to make a change, that's what being a free agent is about.

Everyone and their grandma on this board knows damn well too that Kobe wouldn't last even 4 or 5 years on a franchise like the Cavaliers before the water works/whining/crying/trade demands would start.

:roll: :roll: Do you understand the article is explaining what you are saying is false? That what you are saying never happened?

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Not neccessarily. I just see the hypocritical bullsh-t in giving one person a pass and crying bloody murder when another guy has the same sense of entitlement.

LeBron/Kobe/Shaq are not old-school ballers at all in my book. They all have egos the size of Texas and me-first attitude all throughout their career.

None of these guys have ever "built" a franchise like Jordan did from the ground up and lifted them to a championship from the boot straps up.

None of them would last even 3 years in a situation like that. The only reason LeBron stuck it out so long is because he's from Cleveland.

wrong.
Lakers were not very good when Shaq arrived.
After Shaq left, the Lakers sucked...again... Kobe stuck it out as the leader of the team and now has back to back.

game3524
07-18-2010, 10:41 PM

WTF are you talking about? The Cavs won 61 and 66 games, this isn't like Garnett's T-wolves. The only hypocrisy is coming from Bron tots who would be ripping Kobe if he were in the same circumstances and did the same thing as Lebron.

Soundwave
07-18-2010, 10:43 PM

WTF are you talking about? The Cavs won 61 and 66 games, this isn't like Garnett's T-wolves. The only hypocrisy is coming from Bron tots who would be ripping Kobe if he were in the same circumstances and did the same thing as Lebron.

The Cavs are an inflated 60-win team. The only reason they won 60+ games is because of LeBron himself and because the bottom half of the Eastern conference is so sh-tty they might as well be playing against WNBA teams for all the difference it would make.

No one would look at that roster minus LeBron and think "gee that's a pretty solid team there".

Kobe/Howard/Garnett/Carter/etc. I doubt any of these guys would look at Cleveland's roster with envy and say "gee I wish I could trade places with LeBron".

The Raptors could probably win close to 60 games if you put LeBron on that roster.

game3524
07-18-2010, 10:46 PM
The Cavs are an inflated 60-win team. The only reason they won 60+ games is because of LeBron himself and because the bottom half of the Eastern conference is so sh-tty they might as well be playing against WNBA teams for all the difference it would make.

No one would look at that roster minus LeBron and think "gee that's a pretty solid team there".

Kobe/Howard/Garnett/Carter/etc. I doubt any of these guys would look at Cleveland's roster with envy and say "gee I wish I could trade places with LeBron".

They are not the greatest team, but they are not the worse. They won 66 and 61 games, even still Lebron could have left and gone to Chicago or New York as the man, but he didn't...he choice Miami and now we know that he didn't want to be the man, which is ok.

Soundwave
07-18-2010, 10:49 PM
They are not the greatest team, but they are not the worse. They won 66 and 61 games, even still Lebron could have left and gone to Chicago or New York as the man, but he didn't...he choice Miami and now we know that he didn't want to be the man, which is ok.

He will get his chance to be "the man" in Miami. Even if it's by nothing else but age, he is several years younger than Wade and will eventually overtake him.

He knows all that anyway.

I think all he wants is to be on a stacked team. Kobe's had it from day 1. Shaq has always played on stacked teams. Magic did. Bird did. Jordan had to work a little harder, but eventually he got there too.

I think that's LeBron's reasoning ... that simple. The Cavs front office couldn't give him that, and really being in a situation like that is really just the luck of the draw. So take luck out of the equation.

Now he has a great team to play with, no outside circumstances or incompetent management to get in the way. Lets see what happens.

game3524
07-18-2010, 10:51 PM
He will get his chance to be "the man" in Miami. Even if it's by nothing else but age, he is several years younger than Wade and will eventually overtake him.

He knows all that anyway.

I think all he wants is to be on a stacked team. Kobe's had it from day 1. Shaq has always played on stacked teams. Magic did. Bird did. Jordan had to work a little harder, but eventually he got there too.

I think that's LeBron's reasoning ... that simple. The Cavs front office couldn't give him that, and really being in a situation like that is really just the luck of the draw. So take luck out of the equation.

Now he has a great team to play with, no outside circumstances or incompetent management to get in the way. Lets see what happens.

He went to Miami because he won't have to be the man, the guy has a "Magic" mentality which is fine.

Soundwave
07-18-2010, 10:52 PM
He went to Miami because he won't have to be the man, the guy has a "Magic" mentality which is fine.

You do realize Magic Johnson is probably a top 5 GOAT player, right?

game3524
07-18-2010, 10:57 PM
You do realize Magic Johnson is probably a top 5 GOAT player, right?

That is why I said it is fine. But it is funny how the guy has been built up as MJ's heir by everyone, his fans, media etc.

Soundwave
07-18-2010, 11:00 PM
That is why I said it is fine. But it is funny how the guy has been built up as MJ's heir by everyone, his fans, media etc.

I never really saw that in his game to begin with. He plays a lot more like Magic Johnson.

Yeah so he liked Michael Jordan as a kid ... big deal ... every kid in that age range who liked basketball had a no. 23 Bulls jersey in their closet growing up.

Reverend Hoops
07-18-2010, 11:08 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rU0DhdoaHwM/Sq5TR7n9vfI/AAAAAAAAFAE/-Bos7aZulzE/s1600/pippen_s.jpg

You needed me though Mike.

momo
07-18-2010, 11:11 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r132/b_lew/michael-jordan-cigar.jpg

gts
07-18-2010, 11:15 PM

That simple. LeBron at least played by those rules.wtf are you talking about? you trying to keep that myth alive? charlotte drafted kobe for the lakers they wanted nothing to do with him, they wanted a center and LA had one and that the lakers wanted him

HotNHere
07-18-2010, 11:49 PM
Funny how before we wanted our stars to be win at all cost guys and be unselfish. Now the argument has changed to wanting them to be selfish players who only want to win if they are the only reason...which is selfishness no matter how you look at it.

Kobe and Shaq were destroyed for being I and ME guys.

How did public enemy number 1 to fans... the selfish, all about the money athlete, all of a sudden become what is praised?

Which one is it?

D-Rose
07-18-2010, 11:56 PM
For the people (jumpa) that were saying it's a fake quote from haters, here ya go

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry (Bird), called up Magic (Johnson) and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'" Jordan said on Sunday. "But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68228/20100718/jordan_would_have_never_wanted_to_play_with_magic_ bird/#ixzz0u656tv4n

chopchop20
07-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Jordan is ashamed that Bron ever wore #23 now

ThaRegul8r
07-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Do you have a link to this?

If true, :applause: :applause: :applause:

This one is true:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/13651163/jordan-shares-his-disappointment-of-heat-big-3

Geezer
07-19-2010, 12:12 AM
I've been a Heat fan from back in the Glen Rice days... went through the Zo/Hardaway/Mashburn playoff days, on to the Eddie Jones/Anthony Mason/Zo kidney disease years, through to Wade/Shaq, and up to now.

In a way, I am almost disappointed that we signed LeBron, all it's done is created a huge bandwagon and made my team a target for criticism, justified or not. I would have been more than happy had we just added Bosh and filled out the roster with a bunch of other quality players, but now we have this huge circus, and while yeah, I will be happy if we win another championship, it just won't FEEL the same as if we did it without LeBron :\

Soundwave
07-19-2010, 12:17 AM
If the Cavs had an equivalent to a young Scottie Pippen ... even the "migraine/losing to the Detroit Pistons" Pippen there for LeBron to see some kind of successful future with, I think he would've resigned in Cleveland.

That's the difference though.

And it's not a minor one.

I respect Jordan and he makes a valid point, but the situation isn't 100% comparable.

The comparable situation would be if the Bulls kept Olden Polynice instead of acquiring Pippen, and tried to jimmy rig past-their-prime talents around Jordan that always fell apart in the playoffs.

By '92/'93 perhaps MJ himself would've asked for a trade out.

thejumpa
07-19-2010, 12:30 AM
For the people (jumpa) that were saying it's a fake quote from haters, here ya go

If you read what I said, you would see that I've already hear what MJ said. He didn't "call out" anyone and didn't take a shot at anyone. If you read it for what it is(and not for what fits your agenda), he clearly acknowledges that the NBA of today is different than the NBA of his day. Rivalries are no more and it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

The haters comment stands, though. The majority of the anti-LeBron threads are started by people who don't like LeBron(you know who you are) and just want to spread junk. I thought this thread was no different. So far, I've been partially right because that kid Bladers didn't even reply as to why he left out the rest of the quote. He just kept saying how I was stupid and blah blah blah....

CLTHornets4eva
07-19-2010, 12:49 AM

The problem is half of the threads on ISH are talking about one current players legacy over another. I agree 100%, but so many people do it, that its impossible to curb.

branslowski
07-19-2010, 01:04 AM
No shock here really...

Jordan just basically said what everyone outside of Miami and LeBron's ******* has been saying...

Good to see the 3 obvious LeBron ball lickers in here defending their king too..

Also good to see everyone still thinking only Laker Fans/ Kobe fans think of what LeBron did as negative...Morons.

We have a bunch of old-school players who isn't down with this...Even current players...Maybe some of you should rise LeBrons sack off your face and recongnize that this isn't just some witch hunt against your King...This is some real legit sh!t that he's being bashed for...Most of you just need to STFU, suck it up, and hope tht he leads Heat to a title...Stop being little pusse ass woman in here...

nevetslc88
07-19-2010, 04:22 AM
Here's the video of MJ talking about this.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhvS747Yx84ES32Ol2

mamba24
07-19-2010, 04:39 AM
Who is this soo called MJ guy to tell the KING, the CHOSEN 1, what he should do.

Lebron is going to send his goons out and take care of MJ...

MJ is going to end up with the other MJ who is 6 foot under

JM720
07-19-2010, 05:14 AM
Here's the video of MJ talking about this.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhvS747Yx84ES32Ol2

"Wish we could play against him (Bill Russell) the Kobe Bryant's of this Era and Tim Duncan's"

How dare he not Mention the KING. :oldlol:

jbryan1984
07-19-2010, 09:03 AM
And he is exactly right. It would had sucked seeing them together because I enjoyed watching them play against one another. Same can be said with LeBron and Wade. Cavs/Heat was always one of my favorite games of the year, not just because the Cavs are my team but the competition was awesome. 2 games last year come to mind. That one where Wade dunked on Andy and the other one where it looked like Miami had won but LeBron stole the ball from Wade with like 30 seconds left to score the winning dunk. That was just great competition to watch no matter what team you were a fan of and now its all gone because of their egos.

game385
07-19-2010, 09:14 AM

:applause: I find it amazing you have to break this down for some people. Had to explain the same thing to a friend of mine yesterday.

Allstar24
07-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Jordan's just saying out loud what everyone outside of Heat bandwagoners were thinking.

Tuvi
07-19-2010, 09:23 AM
Not a fair comparison by MJ. The Bird/Magic equivalents today would be Kobe and Boston's Big 3. You know, teams/players who've actually won something. Instead, LeBron joined a player who hasn't gotten past the 1st round in 4 years. The other has NEVER been past the 1st round in his career. LeBron's far and away the most successful of the 3 for a while now, not to mention better too. He's helping them out as much as he's helping himself here.
Considering Wade has a finals mvp and ring makes him more sucessful then Lebron

game385
07-19-2010, 09:29 AM

Where were the Cavs going? Antawn Jamison is 34 years old. Shaq is 38. Mo Williams is no Scottie Pippen.

LeBron could have went to the Bulls though. There he would have had talent and arguably the same chances of winning as he does in Miami.

The only thing is, he would have been the unquestioned leader of that team. More responsibility, more pressure (ie. playing in "Jordan's shadow"). A no-nonesense organization that wouldn't give his homeboys a free pass. He would have basically had to "grow up", but I guess he wasn't ready for that type of challenge.

I believe that's where the much of critcism on LeBron comes from, not from wanting to win or play with better talent, but from the apparent lack of challenges in his decision.

Rasheed1
07-19-2010, 09:39 AM
First of all Jordan didnt call out Lebron... He said he wouldnt he have called Larry or Magic to play with them....

He also said that what Lebron did isnt a bad thing, this is just a different era... then they added some criticisms from Barkley who has as many rings as I do so Im not sure what it matters what he says...

Mj was a great player, but there is no need to act like it can only be done the way he did it....

the OP lied.... He didnt call out Lebron...

lilbeastnani
07-19-2010, 10:26 AM
lol @ the dude for cutting the quote in half:

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,' " Jordan said after playing in a celebrity golf tournament in Nevada. "But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys.

Allstar24
07-19-2010, 11:02 AM
First of all Jordan didnt call out Lebron... He said he wouldnt he have called Larry or Magic to play with them....

He also said that what Lebron did isnt a bad thing, this is just a different era... then they added some criticisms from Barkley who has as many rings as I do so Im not sure what it matters what he says...

Mj was a great player, but there is no need to act like it can only be done the way he did it....

the OP lied.... He didnt call out Lebron...
Lebron ******gers to the rescue. "The OP lied!!" So sensitive :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

game3524
07-19-2010, 11:06 AM
LeBron could have went to the Bulls though. There he would have had talent and arguably the same chances of winning as he does in Miami.

The only thing is would have been the unquestioned leader of that team. More responsibility, more pressure (ie. playing in "Jordan's shadow"). A no-nonesense organization that wouldn't give his homeboys a free pass. He would have basically had to "grow up", but I guess he wasn't ready for that type of challenge.

I believe that's where the much of critcism on LeBron comes from, not from wanting to win or play with better talent, but from the apparent lack of challenges in his decision.

This is what Lebron tots keep ignoring, the problem isn't leaving Cleveland. He could have gone to Chicago and be the leader of a great team that could compete with Orlando, Miami, and Boston. Dude didn't want to be the man, and took the easy way to get a ring. Everyone who is not a Lebron tot or Heat fan can see that.

game385
07-19-2010, 11:08 AM
lol @ the dude for cutting the quote in half:

Yeah, once I read the full quote, U can tell MJ wasn't "calling out LeBron" or really even taking a shot, but at the same time, the inference is obvious.

Reading between the lines here, IMO MJ is basically saying what every1 else (outside of the Miami fans and bandwagonners) has been saying all along.

He's questioning the "competitive nature" of these guys for chosing to play with their top peers instead of wanting to beat them. (Personally, I kind of excuse Bosh from this dynamic since he's not quite the level of talent as Wade & James and he's a big man so it makes sense for him to team with one of those guys.)

He's not knocking them for it; Merely confirming what we all knew anyway, which was that even if he had the opportunity he would not have chosen to play with his most talented peers (Bird & or Magic) b/c he wanted to beat them.

People always compare great perimeter players to MJ with regard to on court accolades and skills so as far as I'm concerned its fair game for MJ himself to give his opinion on what truly separates him... His competitive nature.

LBJ4MVP23
07-19-2010, 11:44 AM
WOW Jordan, my favorite player ever and the reason I watch ball, IS A MORON.

Did he really just compare wade and bosh, to two top 5 players of all time? Did LBJ go to LA and join Kobe (Top 10 player ever)? No. He joined forces with 2 top 20 talents in the league, something Kobe already has on his team because of his front office and city location.

If im magic and bird, im laughing/pissed that MJ compared us to wade and bosh. Thats a slap in the face to those two talents. But yea MJ pippen was garbage, just a top 5-7 player of the 90's and you had him on your team.

Desperado
07-19-2010, 11:47 AM
:oldlol: Jordan is the one who threatened to retire if the Bulls traded Pippen!

game385
07-19-2010, 11:53 AM

Did he really just compare wade and bosh, to two top 5 players of all time? Did LBJ go to LA and join Kobe (Top 10 player ever)? No. He joined forces with 2 top 20 talents in the league, something Kobe already has on his team because of his front office and city location.

If im magic and bird, im laughing/pissed that MJ compared us to wade and bosh. That's a slap in the face to those two talents. But yea MJ pippen was garbage, just a top 5-7 player of the 90's and you had him on your team.

Wow! This disrespect... No sir, You're the Moron. This is why people like myself and the gentleman who wrote the following quote have to break stuff down so that even dimwits like you understand. READ CAREFULLY or this could go over your head too...

Originally Posted by oh the horror
What doesn't make sense? Really?

Those are Lebron's peers in terms of talent in the league in this day and age....You've got Kobe, Wade, Bosh, Carmelo, etc etc...

Jordan's point is pretty simple. He didnt want to join anyone, he wanted to beat, everyone of his peers. :applause:

I find it amazing you have to break this down for some people. Had to explain the same thing to a friend of mine yesterday. I guess some people are just simple.

MannyO
07-19-2010, 11:58 AM

If im magic and bird, im laughing/pissed that MJ compared us to wade and bosh. Thats a slap in the face to those two talents. But yea MJ pippen was garbage, just a top 5-7 player of the 90's and you had him on your team.

dam you are so stupid, anybody saying this is dumb. Jordan def didnt compare them he gave an example and he used the people he faced of with during his playing years. DUH

game3524
07-19-2010, 11:59 AM
Wow! This disrespect... No sir, You're the Moron. This is why people like myself and the gentleman who wrote the following quote have to break stuff down for the dimwits like you. READ CAREFULLY or this could go over your head too...

I find it amazing you have to break this down for some people. Had to explain the same thing to a friend of mine yesterday. I guess some people are just simple.

You don't have to, they are just being willfully ignorant, they know what Mike mean't.

game385
07-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Yeah, once I read the full quote, U can tell MJ wasn't "calling out LeBron" or really even taking a shot, but at the same time, the inference is obvious.

Reading between the lines here, IMO MJ is basically saying what every1 else (outside of the Miami fans and bandwagonners) has been saying all along.

He's questioning the "competitive nature" of these guys for chosing to play with their top peers instead of wanting to beat them. (Personally, I kind of excuse Bosh from this dynamic since he's not quite the level of talent as Wade & James and he's a big man so it makes sense for him to team with one of those guys.)

He's not knocking them for it; Merely confirming what we all knew anyway, which was that even if he had the opportunity he would not have chosen to play with his most talented peers (Bird & or Magic) b/c he wanted to beat them.

People always compare great perimeter players to MJ with regard to on court accolades and skills so as far as I'm concerned its fair game for MJ himself to give his opinion on what truly separates him... His competitive nature.

Oh yeah... and another portion of the interview that further supports my stands. Jordan also said, "I'm a competitive guy and I like playing against competitive players... but it's a different time, etc.."

If that's not a politically correct way of questioning the competitive integrity of LeBron, I don't know what is..

Johnni Gade
07-19-2010, 12:28 PM
lol.

Rasheed1
07-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Lebron ******gers to the rescue. "The OP lied!!" So sensitive :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Im sensitive because I call lies?? Dont be stupid....

Im not apart of the Kobe/lebron agenda on this board... So you miss me with the dumb talk...

DemiBlan
07-19-2010, 12:34 PM
I have not read all the posts but for me, MJ is one of the best. He is a legend in NBA. I personally watched NBA because of him before.

hawksdogsbraves
07-19-2010, 12:35 PM
When i go to Miami, it's to f*ck b*tches. Not be a f*cking b*tch"

-Michael Jordan, shortly after eating a cake made of gold

indiefan24
07-19-2010, 12:39 PM

You can barely lace up your sneakers.

Pointguard
07-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Jordan (GOAT) only speaks when he is protecting his Nike brand as he is in this instance. He has no class and can't gauge talent to save his life. Now he is out here just flat out lying. If Len Bias doesn't die Jordan would have needed to join a duo to beat Boston. And if he was presented with the opportunity he would have been stupid to turn it down.

Ironically, Len Bias was built like Lebron and athletic like Lebron and had an all around game (not point guardish like Lebron moreso like the PF/SF of 5-15 years ago).

niko
07-19-2010, 12:45 PM
There is absolutely nothing in his career that would make you think Jordan would think any differently that this quote indicates. Yes he had good teammates, on HIS team, which he was the leader of, with absolutely no indication that he would ever give that up or share that in any way. If they asked you (pre-quote) what Jordan's viewpoint was, it would be this. 100%.

BTW, espn is on full spin mode today on the radio. It's WHY JORDAN IS A HATER AND LEBRON IS RIGHT. I've never seen an outlet so determined to tell fans that what they are thinking, it's wrong! LOVE LEBRON! Don't hurt his feelings anymore!

game385
07-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Jordan (GOAT) only speaks when he is protecting his Nike brand as he is in this instance. He has no class and can't gauge talent to save his life. Now he is out here just flat out lying. If Len Bias doesn't die Jordan would have needed to join a duo to beat Boston. And if he was presented with the opportunity he would have been stupid to turn it down.

Ironically, Len Bias was built like Lebron and athletic like Lebron and had an all around game (not point guardish like Lebron moreso like the PF/SF of 5-15 years ago).

:lol

I'm laughing at you btw:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

game385
07-19-2010, 12:58 PM
When i go to Miami, it's to f*ck b*tches. Not be a f*cking b*tch"

-Michael Jordan, shortly after eating a cake made of gold

:lol

indiefan24
07-19-2010, 12:59 PM

haha really?

LBJ4MVP23
07-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Bird, Magic, and Isiah are the reason Jordan never sniffed a titled in the 80's along with no real second superstar next to him.

Did Lebron go to the Magic, Celtics, or Pistons? His rivals? No he went to miami, somewhere he has no rivalry.

If Jordan left the bulls to go to Pheonix after the 1990 season, it would be roughly equal to what LBJ just did. If jordan went there, he would have run that town like no other, and still been a god. Yet somehow LBJ going to Miami takes him from best player in the world, to second best on his own team? Yea ok.

And Jordan specifically said he never would have teamed up with magic and Larry, but when the hell did LBJ ever have a rivalry with bosh and wade? Never. Jordan, the goat, is saying he never would have teamed up with 2 top 5 players of all time that were competing for a title year in and out. The fact is that the raptors and heat are never competing for a title, so LBJ didnt go to a title contender that is his playoff rival, he went to a neutral team and will lead it to victory.

LBJ teaming up with kobe and Pau would be much more equivlent to Jordan teaming up with magic and bird Since when is bosh a top ten player in the league? Good god accept the fact that kobe did absolutely nothing Pre-Pau and post-Shaq, specifically nothing in the playoffs. Yet him crying 12 times on a radio show is forgotten "i want to leave LA, they suck and bynum is soooooo bad" is forgotten, but LBJ moving on is not. Its called hypocrisy and media hype. Kobe is Jordan-lite. He moves like him, gives interviews like him, walks like, even chews his gum like him so everyone loves him, but hes as far from Jordan as Bosh is from Malone. But we're all dying for the era of Jordan to come back so Kobe is loved and his faults are overlooked.

Im sorry LBJ is 25, the best player in the league and will go down as the second best or best player ever, just accept it haters. Or at least get a job so you dont have to be jealous of a 25 year old kid.

Andrei89
07-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Who cares

Jordan abandoned the bulls to play Baseball

LBJ 23
07-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Bird, Magic, and Isiah are the reason Jordan never sniffed a titled in the 80's along with no real second superstar next to him.

Did Lebron go to the Magic, Celtics, or Pistons? His rivals? No he went to miami, somewhere he has no rivalry.

If Jordan left the bulls to go to Pheonix after the 1990 season, it would be roughly equal to what LBJ just did. If jordan went there, he would have run that town like no other, and still been a god. Yet somehow LBJ going to Miami takes him from best player in the world, to second best on his own team? Yea ok.

And Jordan specifically said he never would have teamed up with magic and Larry, but when the hell did LBJ ever have a rivalry with bosh and wade? Never. Jordan, the goat, is saying he never would have teamed up with 2 top 5 players of all time that were competing for a title year in and out. The fact is that the raptors and heat are never competing for a title, so LBJ didnt go to a title contender that is his playoff rival, he went to a neutral team and will lead it to victory.

LBJ teaming up with kobe and Pau would be much more equivlent to Jordan teaming up with magic and bird Since when is bosh a top ten player in the league? Good god accept the fact that kobe did absolutely nothing Pre-Pau and post-Shaq, specifically nothing in the playoffs. Yet him crying 12 times on a radio show is forgotten "i want to leave LA, they suck and bynum is soooooo bad" is forgotten, but LBJ moving on is not. Its called hypocrisy and media hype. Kobe is Jordan-lite. He moves like him, gives interviews like him, walks like, even chews his gum like him so everyone loves him, but hes as far from Jordan as Bosh is from Malone. But we're all dying for the era of Jordan to come back so Kobe is loved and his faults are overlooked.

Im sorry LBJ is 25, the best player in the league and will go down as the second best or best player ever, just accept it haters. Or at least get a job so you dont have to be jealous of a 25 year old kid.

:applause: :applause:

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-19-2010, 02:51 PM

Failed to get the point.
Its about competition. Having your OWN team, not piggy-backing off an established champion by going to his team.

More than enuf pros and pundits have weighed in. Lebron chickened out.
But there is nothing wrong with being the next Pippen. Pippen is one of the greatest of all time. Maybe Lebron can get there.

3zazer1
07-19-2010, 03:02 PM
MJ is also a huge dbag, so who cares.

If mj was such a dbag, how would he lead his team to 2 3 peats? the true dbag, Lebron.

JM720
07-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Im sensitive because I call lies?? Dont be stupid....

Im not apart of the Kobe/lebron agenda on this board... So you miss me with the dumb talk...

No one lied, this is how Jordan's words are being presented by everyone... even ESPN. As a Dig at Lebron.

BallsOut
07-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Way to overlook the fact that Lebron wasnt getting swept out of the playoffs by Wade or Bosh.

LMAO. The circumstances never had Lebron going against Wade in the playoffs. Jordan was never swept by Magic in the playoffs and Wade ALREADY won a title as the man on his own team, so don't even act like it's a ridiculous analogy.

The point is Lebron was afraid of going up against a Wade/Bosh pairing and Kobe/Gasol so he joined the former to feel more secure about his chances of a ring. There's nothing wrong with admitting that. He just didn't have the killer instinct that Jordan/Kobe had.

3zazer1
07-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Who cares

Jordan abandoned the bulls to play Baseball
:wtf:
If you call
-Leading your team to 6 titles
-Getting 5 mba mvps
-putting his body on the line for his team
abondoning the bulls, I really question your intelegence. That is such a weak statement and it tells us how much you know about basketball.
nothing :roll:

Bladers
07-19-2010, 03:16 PM
THE GOAT HAS SPOKEN!

Sarcastic
07-19-2010, 03:29 PM

Umm, by going to Miami Lebron virtually assured himself that he will not finish in the top 3 GOAT. He will get his rings, but he took himself out of the running for any future MVPs.

RazielTheWolf
07-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Umm, by going to Miami Lebron virtually assured himself that he will not finish in the top 3 GOAT. He will get his rings, but he took himself out of the running for any future MVPs.
stop assuming that lebron wont win more mvp's wait until they play before asuming

Rasheed1
07-19-2010, 03:38 PM
No one lied, this is how Jordan's words are being presented by everyone... even ESPN. As a Dig at Lebron.

but that isnt what Mj said and he didnt even imply it thru his words....

^that = lie

:confusedshrug: how other people 'present' it doesnt mean anything....

of course they present it that way... it creates trouble where there was none....

:violin:

MakeHistory78
07-19-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm sure that all true LeBron fans would prefer to stay in Cleveland....
I said that he was the only active player who had a small chance to challenge Mike.But it's over.Miami is a big mistake for his legacy.

White Chocolate
07-19-2010, 05:52 PM
The issue here isn't even LeBron leaving Cleveland, but going to a team with 2 other superstars so he won't face as much pressure from the media. LeBron could have gone to the Knicks, Bulls, Clippers, or even the Nets and this wouldn't be an issue. Guys like Stockton, Malone(though he did go to LA at 40, Utah wasn't even a playoff team the year Malone left), Barkley, and Miller stayed with their teams throughout their primes and careers and even though they didn't win a ring, they are remembered as all-time greats because they faced the pressure and came through regardless.

LeBron going to Miami would be the equivalent of Jordan playing with Magic and Bird, or Vince Carter going to LA to play with Shaq and Kobe. The truth is LeBron can't handle the pressure. He went to a team that's not even his(it's Wade's) and he won't get any blame if they don't win.

zORi
07-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Failed to get the point.
Its about competition. Having your OWN team, not piggy-backing off an established champion by going to his team.

More than enuf pros and pundits have weighed in. Lebron chickened out.
But there is nothing wrong with being the next Pippen. Pippen is one of the greatest of all time. Maybe Lebron can get there.

This, all over again.

People are disappointed because LeBron had a legitamite shot to be the GOAT, but he gave it up. Personally, I don't think he ever really wanted to be, I think we just wanted it for him.

He lacks the necessary nasty, mean, competitive streak that the greats tend to have (Kobe, Jordan, etc...). He wants to be friends and have fun, which is fine, but kind of disappointing because it's robbed the league of what could be one of the greatest playoff battles and renewed rivalries of all time (NY vs Miami). Too bad.

PowerGlove
07-19-2010, 06:12 PM
LMAO. The circumstances never had Lebron going against Wade in the playoffs. Jordan was never swept by Magic in the playoffs and Wade ALREADY won a title as the man on his own team, so don't even act like it's a ridiculous analogy.

The point is Lebron was afraid of going up against a Wade/Bosh pairing and Kobe/Gasol so he joined the former to feel more secure about his chances of a ring. There's nothing wrong with admitting that. He just didn't have the killer instinct that Jordan/Kobe had.

Trying way too hard.

D-Rose
07-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Audio of MJ saying it...

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?id=5391947&callsign=ESPNRADIO&autoplay=1

Bladers
07-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Audio of MJ saying it...

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?id=5391947&callsign=ESPNRADIO&autoplay=1

I already posted the video...

EoJ
07-21-2010, 04:30 AM
he copied what he said from Jarette jack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9hREwBB4Ec

RazorBaLade
07-21-2010, 04:33 AM
Trying way too hard.

So why didnt he try to beat them w/ amare or boozer?

LMS4
07-21-2010, 06:16 AM
:oldlol: Lmao, I saw someone on some website call him Letraitor.

I like it, I think i'm going to have to call him that often now!

Man, people sure have jokes. haha, "King without a crown"
Not a king in my book, or royalty at all really. How about Jester? haha