PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Boozer to sign with the Bulls

MAC system
07-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Just heard on ESPN. 5 years 80 million.

Looks like Bron is going to NY, CLE, or MIA.

The_Yearning
07-07-2010, 04:54 PM
I can't believe they gave this dude the max.

SmH.

This guy is a 8-10 Mil per year player at best.

PleezeBelieve
07-07-2010, 04:55 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: @ 16 mill a year

Nets fan 93
07-07-2010, 04:56 PM
I can't believe they gave this dude the max.

SmH.

This guy is a 8-10 Mil per year player at best.
10-12 mill

Lets hope LeBron likes Lee

Juges8932
07-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Wow lol. :roll: :roll: That was dumb of the Bulls. Waste of $.

MAC system
07-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Ya, it's pretty ridiculous. But, the Bulls probably saw that they had little chance at Bron now, and had to make any signing they could. Still a good pick up, just not for 80 Mill.

GOBB
07-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Already a thread

1987_Lakers
07-07-2010, 04:58 PM
I feel sorry for Chicago fans. It looked like Chicago were going to be big winners in the free agency, but they end up being the big losers.

HylianNightmare
07-07-2010, 04:59 PM
so is this legit?

lots of threads about it, i'm sure it must be but i missed it on espn

plat1numX
07-07-2010, 05:00 PM
well atleast its not david lee...

MAC system
Already a thread
My threads got more hits, eat a dick GOBB.

I am that I am
I feel sorry for Chicago fans. It looked like Chicago were going to be big winners in the free agency, but they end up being the big losers.
How? They got Boozer, which makes them a contender to come out of the East, Boozer>Gibson starting is a giant upgrade, and they still have space for a max contract on the offchance that Lebron chooses them or they can just throw it at D-Wade or more likely Ray Allen

boozehound
it actually starts around 13.65

why are people acting like this is a max contract. and to those saying he isnt worth more than 10 mil per, you are nuts. Hes the best post player and rebounder of the big 3. higher shooting %.

and it doesnt preclude them from getting LBJ either

Fatal9
Bulls still have more than enough to get Lebron right?

MAC system
07-07-2010, 05:01 PM
I don't think so.

bleedinpurpleTwo
can't they still get Lebron?
If not outright, then via S&T (Deng + whatever necessary).

Rowe
Its a solid deal. They'll be looking to dump him elsewhere by year 3.

Nets fan 93
They better trade Deng or they are out of the Bron hunt.

boozehound
07-07-2010, 05:02 PM
My threads got more hits, eat a dick GOBB.
actually it does not. this is the third thread at least.

JordanL

Yes. Boozer's contract starts at $13 million, max contract starts at $16.6 and the Bulls had $30 to spend.

plat1numX
im pretty sure they still have room for a max...lbj hope still alive!

The_Yearning

why are people acting like this is a max contract. and to those saying he isnt worth more than 10 mil per, you are nuts. Hes the best post player and rebounder of the big 3. higher shooting %.

Boozer is one of the more overrated players in the game.

Dude can't score without LEGIT PG.

bagelred
So what does this mean? Is this the piece to try to entice Lebron ? Or does this mean Bulls moved on?

:confusedshrug:

bdreason
It was a good signing by the Bulls. Boozer makes them a top 4 team out East. I'm not a fan of Boozer, but he's exactly the type of player the Bulls were lacking. He's going to take a ton of pressure off Rose.

Rowe
can't they still get Lebron?
If not outright, then via S&T (Deng + whatever necessary).

If LeBron takes a paycut.

Snoop_Cat
Well, LeBron just went down the drain.

Come to NY Carmelo!

MAC system
07-07-2010, 05:03 PM
actually it does not. this is the third thread at least.
Ya, didn't see the other one because of the title. Still, **** that jobless piece of shit GOBB.

Pharcyde

Yup, we still have enough cap space to sign LeBron if he chooses us. There is no negative out of this, except Boozer's injury concerns.

dak121

Derrick Rose?

boozehound
I don't think so.
then you think wrong. this deal (if its the 80 mil over 5 and assuming the standard max raise % of 8.5) starts at about 3 mil under the max (3.15 actually). that leaves them with just enough room to sign a 30% max deal (the type lebron would get).

Pharcyde
07-07-2010, 05:04 PM

We can still offer a max to LeBron.

coin24
So the bulls basically tanked the last 2 years, dropped/ gave players away so they could sign Boozer for max $$... Really???? Id hate to be a bulls fan :lol

Expect another decade of being crap. The rose, deng, noah enticing trio i keep hearing about on here is badly overrated. Rose should GTFO of there as soon as he can!!! Wade was right about there management:applause:

MAC system
So what does this mean? Is this the piece to try to entice Lebron ? Or does this mean Bulls moved on?

:confusedshrug:

I was thinking it was a move on, but I guess if they can still give LeBron a max then there's still a chance. Still looks like he's going to NY in my opinion.

I am that I am
07-07-2010, 05:05 PM
So the bulls basically tanked the last 2 years, dropped/ gave players away so they could sign Boozer for max $$... Really???? Id hate to be a bulls fan :lol

Expect another decade of being crap. The rose, deng, noah enticing trio i keep hearing about on here is badly overrated. Rose should GTFO of there as soon as he can!!! Wade was right about there management:applause:
Bulls didn't tank, they just sucked

MAC system
07-07-2010, 05:05 PM
then you think wrong. this deal (if its the 80 mil over 5 and assuming the standard max raise % of 8.5) starts at about 3 mil under the max (3.15 actually). that leaves them with just enough room to sign a 30% max deal (the type lebron would get).
Thank you for correcting me. I thought it was a max.

ALBballer
07-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Some reason I'm getting the Elton Brand feeling from him, I dunno why.

Bulls should look to add Mike Miller to spread the floor.

BallsOut
Good signing for the Bulls fans. Boozer is easily better than Amare (can't rebound) and Lee (empty stats in NY).

boozehound

good thing he'll be playing with one then.

who was his pg in cleveland? his second year in the league he averaged 16 and 11.4 on 52.3% shooting. Good thing he had mcinnis and ollie to hook him up

JordanL
Bulls can still sign a max contract.

Since people evidently are blind. Boozers starts at just over $13 mil per.

BigTicket
07-07-2010, 05:08 PM

Actually he doesn't have to take a paycut.

Assuming Boozers contract is structured with the normal annual raises, this leaves Chicago enouygh money to sign Lebron to a max deal.

El Seano
07-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Bulls can still sign a max contract.

Since people evidently are blind. Boozers starts at just over $13 mil per.

This.

Most of you are so ****in' wrapped in going LOLZ at the bulls to realize they could secure Lebron and then ship Deng out for the role players.

Jesus some of you are idiots.

bleedinpurpleTwo

i believe you are mistaken.

SinJackal

Considering that Rose has only played for 2 years, and Noah for 3, it's not and overrated trio at all. Players who are clearly good now, and only getting better are rated just fine. Nearly everyone believes Rose is going to be one of the top stars in the league within a couple years. And you can't just overlook a quality center at this point in the NBA. Nearly nobody has a decent center on their team right now. It's a big edge.

Boozer was also the #3 most wanted player for them this offseason, after LBJ and Bosh. He was only slightly less sought after than Bosh was. They already had a deal in place with Boozer before Bosh announced to go to Miami. Hence, why the deal was announced so quickly after the Wade/Bosh announcement to Miami.

Bosh has been getting very overrated this offseason. Boozer is underrated. Period.

ReturnofJPR
07-07-2010, 05:10 PM
ISH is home to too many idiots.

Boozer is not a MAX...you stupid hating fools!

Boozer is exactly what Chicago needed. Their first Low post scorer since Brand...YES!!!!!!!!

niko
07-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Good signing for the Bulls fans. Boozer is easily better than Amare (can't rebound) and Lee (empty stats in NY).

I'll take Amare, thanks. You can keep Boozer.

SinJackal
07-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Also. . .the money Boozer is not getting more than was expected anyway. Look around the league at players who are clearly inferior to Boozer who are actually getting similar or more money. Even the crappy Joe Johnson is getting a MAX deal. . .that doesn't mean he's as good as LBJ. it's just the broken way the stupid NBA cap system works that causes players to get overpaid while people like Wade/LBJ/Kobe/etc, get underpaid.

Kobe Jnr
07-07-2010, 05:15 PM
It's not that bad considering Gay got 80 million Johnson got 120 :lol

Though i feel sorry for the Jazz.

Well, I think this makes the Bulls the favorites for LeBron..

I mean,

Rose
Whoever
LeBron
Boozer
Noah

That's a championship team right there. From the get go. Knicks don't have that.

BigTicket
Was just starting to feel optimistic about Lebron staying in Cleveland, then this happens.

Now Lebron has a great supporting cast ready and waiting for him, and its in a big city. Lets keep it real, he'd have to be awfully loyal to stay in Cleveland at this point. I hope he is, but it's not looking likely.

chitownsfinest
07-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Never have liked Booz that much but I'm not that disappointed tbh. Knew Wade was staying in Miami and Bosh was probably going to follow him, and never felt the Bron rumors that much. Booz is coming off his healthiest season, seems to be money with that mid range J, can hit the turnaround, and is a pretty good rebounder. He is a decent finisher as well and Rose can either run the pick nd roll or pick and pop with him. His main problems other then staying healthy is that, judging from the Lakers series, he struggles finishing at the rim against lengthy front lines and is a average defender at best.

Best case scenario at this point is that Bulls get JJ and Mike to fill the remaining cap space (Ray is most likely staying in Boston imo). Bulls do have enough to get a certain other player available, but I'm not getting my hopes up at all. If my best case scenario at this point comes into plan, I see the Bulls winning 54-57 but prolly not having enough to win it all.

(e)
07-07-2010, 05:17 PM
This really isn't that bad of a signing. IMO he might of got a little bit more than he is worth, but considering Chicago has bird rights on anyone else on their roster that they would extend, it doesn't really matter.

I think starting him out at around 10-12 would of been fitting, but it's no surprise in this years free agency.

Rose
X
Deng
Boozer
Noah

That really is a very solid lineup. LeBron could still come (not likely), which would put them way over the top. A Mike Miller would be a perfect fit for the shooter to go along side Rose and Boozer now. Maybe even a Roger Mason.

Smart move to pick him up right away though, Chicago still has the best roster for LeBron to go to if he is serious about winning.

hawkfan
07-07-2010, 05:17 PM
The Jazz were ready to deal Boozer last year. They have Paul Milsapp. They will be fine.

If the Bulls lose out on LBJ, will they target David Lee or Mike Miller?

Fatal9
07-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Lebron is stupid if he doesn't sign with the Bulls. Even if chemistry doesn't work out in the season they have tons of trade assets to make adjustments. If he stays in Cleveland, they won't even be a top 4 team in the conference next year.

ReturnofJPR
07-07-2010, 05:18 PM
The Jazz were ready to deal Boozer last year. They have Paul Milsapp. They will be fine.

JJ Redick and Mike Miller, maybe Ray Allen.

gasolina
07-07-2010, 05:20 PM
If Lebron signs with the Bulls then imagine what would happen if they visit Cleveland.

Cleveland's most hated persons list:
#1 Lebron
#2 Boozer
#3 Noah

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

boozehound
07-07-2010, 05:22 PM

until they realized there frontline was shit without him

leopoldstotch
07-07-2010, 05:24 PM
a bit overpayed, but a definite upgrade over taj gibson.

congrats to the bulls. :applause:

bongolarry
07-07-2010, 05:29 PM
I don't think so.
they do u idiot

BallsOut
07-07-2010, 05:30 PM
You know if the Bulls can get Lebron, ship Deng out and get Mike Miller and JJ Reddick, that's a pretty solid team.

PG: Rose
SG: Reddick/Miller/Johnson
SF: Bron/Miller
PF: Booze/Gibson
C: Noah

They would just need a backup pg and c

Crazy Style
07-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Well, I think this makes the Bulls the favorites for LeBron..

I mean,

Rose
Whoever
LeBron
Boozer
Noah

That's a championship team right there. From the get go. Knicks don't have that.

You would think that's the case.

SinJackal
07-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Never have liked Booz that much but I'm not that disappointed tbh. Knew Wade was staying in Miami and Bosh was probably going to follow him, and never felt the Bron rumors that much. Booz is coming off his healthiest season, seems to be money with that mid range J, can hit the turnaround, and is a pretty good rebounder. He is a decent finisher as well and Rose can either run the pick nd roll or pick and pop with him. His main problems other then staying healthy is that, judging from the Lakers series, he struggles finishing at the rim against lengthy front lines and is a average defender at best.

Best case scenario at this point is that Bulls get JJ and Mike to fill the remaining cap space (Ray is most likely staying in Boston imo). Bulls do have enough to get a certain other player available, but I'm not getting my hopes up at all. If my best case scenario at this point comes into plan, I see the Bulls winning 54-57 but prolly not having enough to win it all.

Since you're a Bulls fan (I assume), I'm gonna impart you with some knowledge real quick. Do not be down on Boozer, at all. He is a better fit than Bosh is with the Bulls.

The way his game works would perfectly go with Rose and Noah's game. Those three by themselves will kill people next year, whether their SF is Deng or LBJ. . .they're gonna smash people.

Boozer is also an excellent playoff player. If you've been watching the western conference playoffs at all the last few years, you'll have known that! Boozer was smashing top notch big man defenders every year. He damn near can't be covered 1 on 1.

Chris Bosh playoff stats: 20 PPG, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 43% FG%. 16% 3pt%

Boozer playoff stats: 20 PPG, 12.5 RPG, 3 APG, 50% FG%.

Boozer's playoff exp: 44 games. Bosh's: 11 games. 4 times as much for Boozer.

Boozer's going to average 20/11 next year. Bosh will get maybe 22/10. Bosh isn't gonna be any better stat-wise. Extra bucket for Bosh, extra rebound for Boozer. That's the difference. . . defensively Boozer can handle more powerful players, Bosh is a little longer. Boozer's hardly a crap player. Don't worry

ReturnofJPR
07-07-2010, 05:36 PM
You know if the Bulls can get Lebron, ship Deng out and get Mike Miller and JJ Reddick, that's a pretty solid team.

PG: Rose
SG: Reddick/Miller/Johnson
SF: Bron/Miller
PF: Booze/Gibson
C: Noah

They would just need a backup pg and c

They already have Turkey's 2nd best C ever coming over in Omar Asik. He is a great defender and rebounder but terrible free throw shooter and so-so on offense.

leopoldstotch
07-07-2010, 05:40 PM
i agree with the above.

yeah boozer isn't exactly top 3 power forward material, but hell he gets the job done in the paint. the guy isn't a slacker, yet does lose motivation from time to time. i do think him pairing with noah is a lot better combination than bosh and noah.

a team of noah, boozer, (deng ??), and rose isn't a slouching team. give the bulls 1 jump shooter (redick, allen, miller), and they can go places. top 3 or 4 in the East?

AMISTILLILL
07-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Boozer's tendency to lose interest is contagious and detrimental to locker room morale. Troubling fact to observe when you have a guy like that around a young core of players looking to learn the ropes.

thejumpa
07-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Anyone know what the Bulls cap space looks like now?

Darkess
07-07-2010, 05:43 PM
As a Jazz fan I'm thrilled Boozer's leaving. Here are a few items to consider Bulls fans. Believe me, you'll see them eventually.

1) Boozer doesn't play defense. He just doesn't. If you get Boozer to move instead of just yelling (which is easy to hear) on defense it just might mean that he's on meth. You know what wins championships. Not a consistent offense (which Boozer is), but consistent defense.

2) Boozer is overpaid due to offensive stats. People argue all the time that he's better than other players because of these stats. And he'll be a 34 year old 18.5M player?

3) He will never play hurt. At all. Just call him the anti-Jordan. When Boozer stubs his toe he's out for the game. When he actually hurts himself he's gone for half the season. And he gets hurt often.

4) He'll screw your team over sooner or later. Jazz fans thought Cleveland was a 1-time deal when he screwed them. Guess what, he'll do it to you too.

5) He's shorter than you think. He doesn't just stop producing against tall players, sometimes he gets dominated.

Darkess
07-07-2010, 05:44 PM
i agree with the above.

yeah boozer isn't exactly top 3 power forward material, but hell he gets the job done in the paint. the guy isn't a slacker, yet does lose motivation from time to time. i do think him pairing with noah is a lot better combination than bosh and noah.

a team of noah, boozer, (deng ??), and rose isn't a slouching team. give the bulls 1 jump shooter (redick, allen, miller), and they can go places. top 3 or 4 in the East?

Not a slacker? On which end of the floor? He doesn't slack on offense, but very few players slack more on defense.

BigTicket
07-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Anyone know what the Bulls cap space looks like now?

Everything included they have just over $17M left to sign a free agent, which is pretty much exactly the size of a max deal. There's no way that's an accident, they basically gave Boozer exactly as much as they could while leaving room for Lebron.

To me that makes it a two horse race for Lebron now. Either he stays at home with the Cavs, or he goes to the best situation which is the Bulls. I see no reason he'd opt for a much worse supporting cast by going to Nets/Knicks.

flipogb
07-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Boozer will be great for the Bulls against any team (except for the Lakers)

SinJackal
07-07-2010, 05:50 PM
2) Boozer is overpaid due to offensive stats. People argue all the time that he's better than other players because of these stats. And he'll be a 34 year old 18.5M player?

Not as overpaid as Bosh, and (haha) Amare are. So compared to those damn near pure offense players, he's a deal.

3) He will never play hurt. At all. Just call him the anti-Jordan. When Boozer stubs his toe he's out for the game. When he actually hurts himself he's gone for half the season. And he gets hurt often..

I'm a little wary of his injury history too.

Everything included they have just over $17M left to sign a free agent, which is pretty much exactly the size of a max deal. There's no way that's an accident, they basically gave Boozer exactly as much as they could while leaving room for Lebron.

To me that makes it a two horse race for Lebron now. Either he stays at home with the Cavs, or he goes to the best situation which is the Bulls. I see no reason he'd opt for a much worse supporting cast by going to Nets/Knicks.

While as a man of logic, I agree with that 100%. . .it's becoming more and more obvious that LBJ's offseason plans were set before free agency even began. And it's looking like that's either the Cavs or Knicks. Logically, the Bulls would be his best option for money and winning, while retaining his prestige and legacy. . .but that doesn't mean LeBron's going there because perhaps he isn't a very logical person. He might've planned to go to NY two years ago.

thejumpa
07-07-2010, 05:50 PM

Yeah, I totally agree. They are in a great position to land him. Swap out Deng for Mike Miller/Ray Allen and you have a very solid team. I'm not about their MLE status or anything though....

Indian guy
07-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Really like this signing. Still leaves us with enough to sign another MAX guy and hey, even if LeBron's stupid enough to not come here, the Bulls have set themselves up to be a very good team in the coming years. Boozer/Noah is a Top 3 front court in the league. All we need is an SG now to be a contender. Considering how bleak our outlook was earlier today with the possibility of being shut down, I really like where we are going into tomorrow's big day.

Xiao Yao You
07-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Hes the best post player and rebounder of the big 3.

Amare

There is no negative out of this, except Boozer's injury concerns.

His matador D puts a lot of pressure on Noah.

Boozer is easily better than Amare (can't rebound) and Lee (empty stats in NY).

Hardly. Lee will likely come much cheaper. How much better is he?

Boozer is underrated.

not

Their first Low post scorer since Brand

You forgot about the Eddy Curry era I guess?

Though i feel sorry for the Jazz.

Why? Millsap's the better player of the two. He actually plays at both ends of the court. Maybe they can get Johnson and/or Gibson in a S & T too?

seems to be money with that mid range J

He does like to shoot it but not very effectively.

average defender at best

He's pathetic defensively.

emsteez forreal
07-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Amare

not

Why? Millsap's the better player of the two. He actually plays at both ends of the court. Maybe they can get Johnson and/or Gibson in a S & T too?

ladies and gentlemen, i present to you: the resident boozer-hater.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Jasper
07-07-2010, 06:04 PM
After Miami was taken out of the equation , I thought what other warm climate team would be a good fit .....

Well I actually thought he might land back in Utah / but CHicago got themselves a very good PF.

I think this will compliment Rose in the pick and roll , and help Rose shoot less.
He's one of my fav players. Like his style of play.

SinJackal
07-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Amare

not

I hope you realize nearly everything you said was wrong. You said Amare is a better rebounder than Bosh and Boozer. . .he's the WORST of the three. Not the best.

Boozer is an upgrade defensively for the Bulls regardless of how much you dislike him.

Lee's not going to be cheaper than he would have been if Boozer didn't sign before he did. He'll be cheaper since he's a lesser player.

Eddy Curry was a bust, not a high quality player. Didn't rebound for dick, didn't defend for dick. All he did was score easy baskets.

Boozer is a career 54% FG shooter. He doesn't shoot effectively? Okay.

Everything you just said was wrong. Stop posting.

Luigi
07-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Bulls will enjoy his post game, and the pick and roll might turn into something with Rose. With Noah, they actually need a big that you can run plays for. Boozer is that guy. He's a great piece for any execution offense and he can create his own offense. I wonder if the offensive paint will be clogged with Noah on the floor next to Boozer. Okur helped keep bigs out of the paint for Boozer to go to work. Now, he might have to deal with more help side defense.

He is limited by his length defensively (even though he has a good standing reach). He'll get motivated against better 4s on occasion, but he won't have as much trouble in the East as he did in the West.

ReturnofJPR
07-07-2010, 06:14 PM
i agree with the above.

PICK AND ROLL TEAMS TO DEATH!!!!!

Rose + Boozer = Deadly

In Chicago, they'll play great D with their new head coach and guys like Noah. Not saying Boozer will but he is a better defender than Amare.

ReturnofJPR
07-07-2010, 06:15 PM
As a Jazz fan I'm thrilled Boozer's leaving. Here are a few items to consider Bulls fans. Believe me, you'll see them eventually.

1) Boozer doesn't play defense. He just doesn't. If you get Boozer to move instead of just yelling (which is easy to hear) on defense it just might mean that he's on meth. You know what wins championships. Not a consistent offense (which Boozer is), but consistent defense.

3) He will never play hurt. At all. Just call him the anti-Jordan. When Boozer stubs his toe he's out for the game. When he actually hurts himself he's gone for half the season. And he gets hurt often.

4) He'll screw your team over sooner or later. Jazz fans thought Cleveland was a 1-time deal when he screwed them. Guess what, he'll do it to you too.

5) He's shorter than you think. He doesn't just stop producing against tall players, sometimes he gets dominated.

The Jazz had a soft euro who could only shoot 3's playing Center.

Chicago has a defensive warrior in Joakim Noah playing Center. That will be better for Booz.

I don't know what you are so happy with considering Paul Milsap is a midget.

Undisputed
07-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Not the guy we set out for, but I'm at peace with this decision and Boozer's reported deal. One thing is for sure, the Bulls will outrebound most opponents, again. I love it how Boozer shows up in the play-offs. He's a good compliment to Rose and can fill the scoring need at the power forward position. I'm really excited for next season. When teams can't zero in on Rose all the time, everyone will benefit, especially Carlos.

Everyone who's hating on this deal, I have no idea why. He was the best available after Bosh chose to team up with D-Wade, which is the smartest thing Bosh could do. That being if the Heat snag a starting center, which I know they had to promise Bosh. Getting Boozer(would've been happy with Lee too) is much better than striking out.

I'm ready for some Bulls basketball. Now we gotta go get some shooters. When Boozer is signed officially I will put my order in for a jersey.

SinJackal
07-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Not the guy we set out for, but I'm at peace with this decision and Boozer's reported deal. One thing is for sure, the Bulls will outrebound most opponents. I love it how Boozer shows up in the play-offs. He's a good compliment to Rose and can fill the scoring need at the power forward position. I'm really excited for next season. When teams can't zero in on Rose all the time, everyone will benefit, especially Carlos.

Everyone who's hating on this deal, I have no idea why. He was the best available after Bosh chose to team up with D-Wade, which is the smartest thing Bosh has ever done. That being if the Heat snag a starting center, which I know they had to promise Bosh. Getting Boozer(would've been happy with Lee too) is much better than striking out.

I'm ready for some Bulls basketball. Now we gotta go get some shooters. When Boozer is signed officially I will put my order in for a jersey.

Everyone who's hating on him is just going off heresay. They haven't even watched the guy play. People are gonna trash talk Boozer until he starts smashing people next season. Just gotta deal with it 'til then. Even my brother said he was disappointed in getting Boozer. . .but see, I'm 100% sure he never watched western conference playoff games. I'm guessing that's why Bulls fans are down on him too. They just never watched the guy.

Xiao Yao You
07-07-2010, 06:20 PM
You said Amare is a better rebounder than Bosh and Boozer.

No I said he was a better post player.

Boozer is an upgrade defensively for the Bulls regardless of how much you dislike him.

Hard to imagine him being an upgrade over anyone. He plays no D. No effort at all.

He'll be cheaper since he's a lesser player.

Is he that much worse to pay Boozer twice as much though?

Eddy Curry was a bust, not a high quality player. Didn't rebound for dick, didn't defend for dick. All he did was score easy baskets.

You are right. He was a low post scorer though.

He doesn't shoot effectively?

His face up game is weak.

Only way this is a good deal is if it gets Lebron to Chicago.

AMISTILLILL
07-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Not the guy we set out for, but I'm at peace with this decision and Boozer's reported deal. One thing is for sure, the Bulls will outrebound most opponents, again. I love it how Boozer shows up in the play-offs. He's a good compliment to Rose and can fill the scoring need at the power forward position. I'm really excited for next season. When teams can't zero in on Rose all the time, everyone will benefit, especially Carlos.

Everyone who's hating on this deal, I have no idea why. He was the best available after Bosh chose to team up with D-Wade, which is the smartest thing Bosh could do. That being if the Heat snag a starting center, which I know they had to promise Bosh. Getting Boozer(would've been happy with Lee too) is much better than striking out.

2nd round exit.

leopoldstotch
07-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Not a slacker? On which end of the floor? He doesn't slack on offense, but very few players slack more on defense.

i was trying to be nice and smile while trying to grind my teeth .... can't express that emotion on the internets. :lol

but yeah i do whole heartedly agree he isn't the best of them on both ends of the court. noah and boozer complement each other's disadvantages. noah will cover boozer's deficiency on the defensive side of the floor, while boozer will cover noah's lack of offensive moves.

we all know boozer cannot be a #1 option on a team. at best a #2. if he's a #3 option, that would be great for the bulls.

Undisputed
07-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Everyone who's hating on him is just going off heresay. They haven't even watched the guy play. People are gonna trash talk Boozer until he starts smashing people next season. Just gotta deal with it 'til then. Even my brother said he was disappointed in getting Boozer. . .but see, I'm 100% sure he never watched western conference playoff games. I'm guessing that's why Bulls fans are down on him too. They just never watched the guy.
I can deal with the trash talkers. Nothing can bring me down after the Bulls fill a need. We wanted Bosh and Wade, but we needed a power forward who can take some of the load off Noah and Rose. I'm content. I just hope Boozer follows through on signing.

Xiao Yao You
07-07-2010, 06:23 PM

Happy because the midget is the better player.

Undisputed
07-07-2010, 06:23 PM
2nd round exit.
If we can get out of the first round this year, I'm cotent with that. It's all about progression. As long as the team gets better it's all I can ask for as a fan. We went for the home run, but instead got an RBI on a base hit. There was a lot of good competition for free agents.

Undisputed
07-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Happy because the midget is the better player.
This coming season will be the tell all. Milsap will get his chance and he definitely has deserved it. Let's see if he does better things.

chitownsfinest
07-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Bulls will enjoy his post game, and the pick and roll might turn into something with Rose. With Noah, they actually need a big that you can run plays for. Boozer is that guy. He's a great piece for any execution offense and he can create his own offense. I wonder if the offensive paint will be clogged with Noah on the floor next to Boozer. Okur helped keep bigs out of the paint for Boozer to go to work. Now, he might have to deal with more help side defense.

He is limited by his length defensively (even though he has a good standing reach). He'll get motivated against better 4s on occasion, but he won't have as much trouble in the East as he did in the West.
Since you seem to be the most active and most level headed Jazz fan on these boards, how is Boozer's defense in depth. Can he play decent post D? Does he rotate quickly on D? I know he gets killed by guys who have a major length advantage like Gasol (logically so) but how does he do against guys who don't have a major length advantage? Also, do you think him being in a mediocre defensive system (Sloan has never been good with defenses) has to do with his flaws?

Lol sorry for the questions but I don't watch many Jazz games.

Xiao Yao You
This coming season will be the tell all. Milsap will get his chance and he definitely has deserved it. Let's see if he does better things.

He already has when given the opportunity.

leopoldstotch
I can deal with the trash talkers. Nothing can bring me down after the Bulls fill a need. We wanted Bosh and Wade, but we needed a power forward who can take some of the load off Noah and Rose. I'm content. I just hope Boozer follows through on signing.

+1

that's exactly what the bulls did, and they did it correctly without trying to lap around waiting for Bron's decision.

now i say if the bulls can get a quality shooter who can hit some 3's, the bulls can see themselves in the top 4 in the East next year.

thejumpa
07-07-2010, 06:26 PM

Yup. While he is short, you can't deny that the guy is really talented. Arguably more so than Lee or Amar'e. He's shorter, but has a better post game, better rebounding skills, and is right behind Amar'e in terms of the pick and roll. LeBron or Rose to Boozer pick and rolls will be deadly.

Also, in the playoffs, he plays his ass off. Even though height eventually won during the Jazz/Lakers series, he kept on trying and I never saw him give up. Dude has a lot of heart. $16M is steep, but it may prove the best move FA signing if they can snag LeBron. Chicago got better and didn't have to dump or swap anybody...

Batz
07-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Rose's turnovers are gonna skyrocket...

Luigi
07-07-2010, 06:27 PM
The Jazz had a soft euro who could only shoot 3's playing Center.

Chicago has a defensive warrior in Joakim Noah playing Center. That will be better for Booz.

You don't know Okur. He's a mismatch player, not a simple three-point shooter. He shoots on bigger defenders, and posts up smaller ones. That is a complete offensive game. He doesn't finish like a big, but he makes his free throws like a guard, so it doesn't matter.

He also does well manning up on bigger centers. Athletic centers and slashing guards give him problems, but he isn't soft. He takes contact very well on defense.

That said, Noah will be an interesting new frontcourt mate for Boozer. He'll have more help defense and more energetic rebounding, but Boozer will also have to put up with Noah's defender sagging to help on him. When Okur was on the floor, Boozer knew the other big defender was on the opposite side of the court, feeling stupid out on the three point line. Now, Noah's defender will be looking for an easy helpside swat.

And yes, Paul Millsap is way too small. He showed us some interesting footwork last playoffs, but I am afraid of losing out on a polished offensive player like Boozer. I hope Millsap can get his offense tuned.

Go Getter
07-07-2010, 06:27 PM
I saw Booze play several times since he's been in Utah and he is a decent defender he just instead physically capable of hanging with tall, athletic 4's.

He kinda plays Karl Malone defense in that he's good with stripping the ball and tying guys up on the ground and holding his ground but he's not going to block shots and start fast breaks.

He is a corporation type player like Lebron but he does give effort and cares about winning from what I see.

SinJackal
07-07-2010, 06:28 PM
No I said he was a better post player.

Hard to imagine him being an upgrade over anyone. He plays no D. No effort at all.

Is he that much worse to pay Boozer twice as much though?

You are right. He was a low post scorer though.

His face up game is weak.

Only way this is a good deal is if it gets Lebron to Chicago.

You replied to a "best rebounder" line when you said amare. Hence, why it seemed you were saying he was. I'm not sure Amare's any better a post player. He has better dribbles, but less power and got roughly 20% of his Suns points on fast breaks, not half court sets.

Lee is NOT going to get HALF what Boozer is, lol~ What the hell man? Lee is gonna get over 10m a year. Purely because he just got 20/10. Even though it was 20/10 on a completely shit team. He's gonna make bank 'cause of it. Just watch, they will announce a 5 year 50-62 mil deal or some crap for Lee soon. Watch man.

Curry could score in the low post, yes. But not better than Boozer. . .Curry got half his points cherry picking fast breaks. I live in Chicago dude. . .seen the games. Curry was a joke.

Trust me Boozer is a good deal with or without LBJ. Boozer is the best player possible this offseason for the Bulls other than LBJ and Bosh. It's a good fit. The only real issue is Boozer's injury history.

Undisputed

Thanks for the summery, Luigi. Very well written.

Noah plays the high screen a lot and is a very underrated passer. Besides, most teams don't respect his offense anyway. I don't think the post will be jammed as a result of pairing with Noah. I think Noah is a great compliment.

chitownsfinest
Boozer's face up game seemed ok to me when he was constantly hitting mid range j's against the Lakers. His problem seems to be finishing against lengthy and physical D lines but how many teams other then LA and a healthy Celtics team has that? He seems like a decent finisher when I watch him play against other teams.

chitownsfinest
07-07-2010, 06:30 PM

Noah plays the high screen a lot and is a very underrated passer. Besides, most teams don't respect his offense anyway. I don't think the post will be jammed as a result of pairing with Noah. I think Noah is a great compliment.
Noah and Boozer can be a really good high-low combo considering Joakim has evolved into a really good interior passer.

Undisputed
07-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Noah and Boozer can be a really good high-low combo considering Joakim has evolved into a really good interior passer.
You're damn right.

Xiao Yao You
07-07-2010, 06:32 PM
You don't know Okur. He's a mismatch player, not a simple three-point shooter.

He's got him down to a tee. Channing Frye for twice the money. LMAO!

posts up smaller ones.

He couldn't post up Charlie Hayes.

he isn't soft. He takes contact very well on defense.

He'll lean up against someone. You forgot about his prolific rebouding skills.

I am afraid of losing out on a polished offensive player like Boozer. I hope Millsap can get his offense tuned.

Boozer hasn't shown much more of an offensive game than Paul.

Luigi
07-07-2010, 06:32 PM

Noah can pass? Boozer can pass, too.

I wonder how their personalities will mix? Boozer yells a lot on the floor: "GRAB IT" "GET IN THERE" "BAAAAAAA".

Plus, Chicago has another max deal coming. If they miss on Lebron, who will they go for? That addition will make a huge difference for team roles and chemistry.

ReturnofJPR
07-07-2010, 06:34 PM

I wonder how their personalities will mix? Boozer yells a lot on the floor: "GRAB IT" "GET IN THERE" "BAAAAAAA".

Plus, Chicago has another max deal coming. If they miss on Lebron, who will they go for? That addition will make a huge difference for team roles and chemistry.

Mike Miller

JJ Redick

Anthony Morrow

Ray Allen

Undisputed
07-07-2010, 06:35 PM

Oh yeah, I'm well aware of Boozer's passing ability. That's what will make Boozer and Noah a really good front court duo. I think he will feed off of Joakims aggression. How could it not be contagious on the floor?

If Lebron decides against coming to the Bulls, I would hope we'd seek out Ray Allen first and Mike Miller as a fall back option. Hopefully Ray was fond of Thibodeau. That could really help bring him in.

chitownsfinest
07-07-2010, 06:36 PM

Most likely go after a shooter on the wing. Hopefully they don't fall into Ray Ray's trap and overpay him. I like Allen but he's too old to be earning 10+ mil a yr. I would settle for JJ/Miller even if it means we have to overpay for one of them.

Xiao Yao You
07-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Lee is NOT going to get HALF what Boozer is, lol~ What the hell man? Lee is gonna get over 10m a year. Purely because he just got 20/10. Even though it was 20/10 on a completely shit team. He's gonna make bank 'cause of it. Just watch, they will announce a 5 year 50-62 mil deal or some crap for Lee soon. Watch man.

I remeber the same thing being said about Brand on the Bulls.

not better than Boozer.

Didn't say he was.

Curry was a joke.

And an even bigger one now.

The only real issue is Boozer's injury history.

And D.

SinJackal
07-07-2010, 06:40 PM
I remeber the same thing being said about Brand on the Bulls.

Didn't say he was.

And an even bigger one now.

And D.

His D's not that big a deal with a good defensive center there. That's what centers are for anyway. Hakeem, DRob, Duncan, etc, have always won 50-60 games a year because of that.

I agree that Curry's an even bigger joke now. It's pathetic. . . at least he made his money grab though. Props to him for getting 10x more than he ever should have.

jasonresno
07-07-2010, 06:41 PM
His D's not that big a deal with a good defensive center there. That's what centers are for anyway. Hakeem, DRob, Duncan, etc, have always won 50-60 games a year because of that.

I agree that Curry's an even bigger joke now. It's pathetic. . . at least he made his money grab though. Props to him for getting 10x more than he ever should have.
Isn't he broke though?

Deltron3030
07-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Why the hate on Boozer? He is solid all around and brings the pain. Sure, maybe a tad overpaid but so is everyone in the NBA. It's all relative, overpay to ensure another team doesn't get him. Bulls lineup looks solid.

Funnyfuka
07-07-2010, 06:46 PM
what about NY and NJ...

Gundress
07-07-2010, 06:50 PM
That's good moved by Bulls. I liked that.

Luigi
07-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Since you seem to be the most active and most level headed Jazz fan on these boards, how is Boozer's defense in depth. Can he play decent post D? Does he rotate quickly on D? I know he gets killed by guys who have a major length advantage like Gasol (logically so) but how does he do against guys who don't have a major length advantage? Also, do you think him being in a mediocre defensive system (Sloan has never been good with defenses) has to do with his flaws?

Lol sorry for the questions but I don't watch many Jazz games.

Depends on the day and the play.

He hedges alright on pick and rolls. When they get the better of him there, it's usually on the pop and not the roll.

When a player posts up on him, he goes for the underhanded up swipe that Sloan teaches everyone (and Karl Malone perfected). Sometimes he'll knock the ball loose, but often he'll settle for the swipe and not move his feet. That's why he looks like he stands still sometimes: he moves his upperbody and turns his hips = blow by. But he doesn't get backed down (he's strong), he just gets beat by footwork or good first steps.

Slashing guards earn and-ones off of him that make me crazy (soon to make you crazy).

Most of the time, his offense keeps his man off center so he doesn't get destroyed on the other end. He does a good job at keeping them out of rhythm overall. Even taller players without skills like Pau don't do that well against him because he uses his size to keep them off their shooting spots, and he can keep in front of the bigger guys better. But if they can turn and shoot, goodnight. He'll generally outperform rather than shut down his man. And if the refs let a physical game go on, he'll win the bully contest.

He doesn't give up rebounds except to Lamar Odom. Players that crash the boards after the shot goes up can sneak around him and steal the board, but if a player tries to outposition him, they don't get the board.

I have no idea how he'll react in a position where he doesn't have Sloan forcing him to play some defense. He likes to win, he has passion, so that might be enough. He used to be fast laterally (combine numbers very good), but he's changed since then. Hard to say. If his team keeps him motivated, and he doesn't turn on them for it, he might defend.

SinJackal
07-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Isn't he broke though?

Only because he's a dumbass. You or I would be having sex on piles of cash every night, rather than blow it on craps tables, Lambos, and "bling".

Edit: not with eachother.

jasonresno
07-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Only because he's a dumbass. You or I would be having sex on piles of cash every night, rather than blow it on craps tables, Lambos, and "bling".

That's a good edit.

ReturnofJPR
07-07-2010, 07:08 PM

Much needed edit. Good save.

Luigi
07-07-2010, 07:08 PM
That's a good edit.
:oldlol:

Sarcastic
07-07-2010, 07:10 PM
The Bulls had to come away with something. They had to sign Booze.

LA KB24
07-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Hahahaha, wow so much Boozer hate ITT. Have some of you who are talking sh*t even watch him play? Stop pulling shit out of your @sses.

SinJackal
07-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Hahahaha, wow so much Boozer hate ITT. Have some of you who are talking sh*t even watch him play? Stop pulling shit out of your @sses.

I know man. The people talking shit about him likely haven't watched any Jazz games in the last 3 years.

Boozer's way better than they're giving him credit for. It's insane how much they can overrate somebody, and undervalue another. It's like they think every play is either an A to A+ player, or a C- or worse player. They can't be a B+ quality player like Boozer is, apparently.

chitownsfinest
07-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Depends on the day and the play.

He hedges alright on pick and rolls. When they get the better of him there, it's usually on the pop and not the roll.

When a player posts up on him, he goes for the underhanded up swipe that Sloan teaches everyone (and Karl Malone perfected). Sometimes he'll knock the ball loose, but often he'll settle for the swipe and not move his feet. That's why he looks like he stands still sometimes: he moves his upperbody and turns his hips = blow by. But he doesn't get backed down (he's strong), he just gets beat by footwork or good first steps.

Slashing guards earn and-ones off of him that make me crazy (soon to make you crazy).

Most of the time, his offense keeps his man off center so he doesn't get destroyed on the other end. He does a good job at keeping them out of rhythm overall. Even taller players without skills like Pau don't do that well against him because he uses his size to keep them off their shooting spots, and he can keep in front of the bigger guys better. But if they can turn and shoot, goodnight. He'll generally outperform rather than shut down his man. And if the refs let a physical game go on, he'll win the bully contest.

He doesn't give up rebounds except to Lamar Odom. Players that crash the boards after the shot goes up can sneak around him and steal the board, but if a player tries to outposition him, they don't get the board.

I have no idea how he'll react in a position where he doesn't have Sloan forcing him to play some defense. He likes to win, he has passion, so that might be enough. He used to be fast laterally (combine numbers very good), but he's changed since then. Hard to say. If his team keeps him motivated, and he doesn't turn on them for it, he might defend.
Damn, thanks for the insight. Hard to find quality posts like this around here anymore.

Yeah, I was thinking Boozer would be used to the hack and swipe Karl Malone strategy. Hopefully he will become more disciplined as a defender in Tom T's defensive schemes.

He will also be playing next to one of the five best defensive c's in the game in Noah though, a luxury he didn't have in Utah. If he's getting lit up, we can always switch Noah on his man to slow him down. This can really help Booz out.

I see what you are saying about him having problems with hustle guys but he will be playing with two of the best hustle guys in the league in Noah and Taj, so any woe he has in rebounding will not hurt us that much due to having Noah. I also think Tom Thib. will get the best out of him defensively considering that is his strong point.

Basically he won't have Sloan's offensvie genius around and Rose isn't better then D-Will, but I think having a guy like Noah around will help him a lot. He might have to more heavy lifting on offense though but we can use the extra space on more scoring. Honestly, the more I think about this signing the more I'm happy about. I think the difference between him in Utah and here will be that he will be playing in a system that hides away flaws he might have defensively, but might bring some of his offensive flaws into view.

ReturnofJPR
07-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Amare 5/100
JJ 6/122
Duhon 4/18
Dark 4/20

Boozer's contract actually looks really good right about now.

Duncan21formvp
07-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Bulls were a 45 win team without Boozer and now with him they are a 53-56 win team.

(e)
07-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Bulls were a 45 win team without Boozer and now with him they are a 53-56 win team.

Agree with this. IF they fill the SG position with a solid player. Kirk was an excellent defender and was a solid shot on the offensive end. Mike Miller would be a good player to fill that SG spot right now, which then I could easily see 55 wins in the East.

If they get LeBron, 60+.

bada bing
07-07-2010, 08:34 PM
so bulls have noah and boozer now? holy fck! thats sick and one tough defense. I love this move by the bulls. Boozer fits in perfectly with this team. I think the only other player that would have fit in with teh bulls very well was bosh. Boozer is another awesome signing who fits the team perfectly.

Roundball_Rock
07-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Agree with this. IF they fill the SG position with a solid player. Kirk was an excellent defender and was a solid shot on the offensive end. Mike Miller would be a good player to fill that SG spot right now, which then I could easily see 55 wins in the East.

If they get LeBron, 60+.

:cheers:

highwhey
07-08-2010, 12:27 AM

If they get LeBron, 60+.
wins become irrelevant if they were to acquire lebron. they will show up in the finals.

Nets fan 93
07-08-2010, 12:27 AM
45 win team? not last year...:ohwell:

LA KB24
07-08-2010, 03:27 AM
Now all they need is JJ Reddick.

Glide2keva
07-08-2010, 08:15 AM
13 win team, not last year.

SevereUpInHere
07-08-2010, 08:23 AM
13 win team, not last year.

Haha, I love how that nets guy tries to trash every other team. Especially the Knicks, despite his team barely winning half the pitiful amout of games we won.

Basketbolero
07-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Of all the fans it had to be a Nets fan who pointed that out...:D

Chicago made it into the playoffs last year after completely sucking for the first part of the season, they got rid of Salmons and Tyrus Thomas and still were able to keep improving till the end of the season. I expect Rose and Noah to be even better next year. Maybe not statistically, as they will be surrounded by better players but still make better decisions, play better defense (Thibbodeau will be huge here, and he is joining an already good defensive team)... things like that, in general, be more mature. Depending on other additions I can see them becoming a 50-55 win team, but only with Boozer and a shooter like Redick or Mike Miller they're not contenders yet. A very good team indeed, but still not contenders.

Roundball_Rock
07-08-2010, 09:53 AM
The Bulls would have been a 45-47 win team last year if the team did not have so many injuries, especially to key players like Rose (early in the season--he didn't become the real DR until about game 20) and Noah (2-10 without Noah). Add a 20/11 PF, factor in the improvements Rose and Noah will have and the Bulls are close to a 53-56 win team a la the Hawks this year. If the Bulls can get a legit SG who can stretch the floor then they are a dark horse candidate to make the ECF and lose to the evident superteam in Miami.

juju151111
07-08-2010, 09:58 AM
The Bulls would have been a 45-47 win team last year if the team did not have so many injuries, especially to key players like Rose (early in the season--he didn't become the real DR until about game 20) and Noah (2-10 without Noah).
Exactly and Noah was on a rampage early in the season. I find it funny how this signing is not getting hyped up. We got a 20/10 player for lower then max.
Derrick rose
Blank
Deng he was great last season
Boozer
Noah

We have decent bench players in Gibson and Pargo.

Darkess
07-08-2010, 03:56 PM
I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else.

The Jazz are going to do a sign and trade deal to send Boozer to Chicago. Chicago receives a conditional second rounder and the option of signing Boozer to a 6th year if they wish. The Jazz receive a traded player exception for ~13M.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700046560/Utah-Jazz-Sign-and-trade-agreement-reached-with-Bulls-for-Carlos-Boozer.html

Glide2keva
07-08-2010, 04:51 PM
I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else.

The Jazz are going to do a sign and trade deal to send Boozer to Chicago. Chicago receives a conditional second rounder and the option of signing Boozer to a 6th year if they wish. The Jazz receive a traded player exception for ~13M.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700046560/Utah-Jazz-Sign-and-trade-agreement-reached-with-Bulls-for-Carlos-Boozer.html
Nice

Pharcyde
07-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Boozer's deal is set at 5 years-76 million. We might trade the TPE to Utah, but it's not for a 6th year.
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/07/bulls-jazz-will-make-boozer-sign-and-trade.html

Xiao Yao You
07-08-2010, 11:20 PM
I have no idea how he'll react in a position where he doesn't have Sloan forcing him to play some defense.

Do you know that the Bulls coach is the man behind the Celtics D? Sloan is the man behind the Jazz D. LOL!

ReturnofJPR
07-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Do you know that the Bulls coach is the man behind the Celtics D? Sloan is the man behind the Jazz D. LOL!

Funny, isn't it?