PDA

View Full Version : Richard Jefferson opts out

ElPigto
06-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Wow.

Breaking @Spurs News: Richard Jefferson has just opted out of the final year of his contract .. would have guaranteed him $15.2 Mill #wow

http://twitter.com/ksatnews/status/17448519508

brooks_thompson
06-30-2010, 07:40 PM
goddammit that ****s the spurs, as much as he was a disappointment

i wish this was ISH doings

ZeN
06-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Wow.

..wtf..

whos going to pay him after his slump?

Rekindled
06-30-2010, 07:42 PM
now let's hope michael redd opts out

ElPigto
..wtf..

Who knows what the hell he was thinking. Maybe he really disliked San Antonio a lot and just wants to get the hell out of there.

Pokerface
..wtf..

This may allow the Spurs to restructure his contract in a favorable way to the Spurs.

ElPigto
06-30-2010, 07:44 PM
This may allow the Spurs to restructure his contract in a favorable way to the Spurs.

Why would they want him back though? He really didn't seem to fit in with the Spurs. He had a few good games here and there, but overall it just didn't seem like a good fit.

BigTicket
Wow, Spurs just got a $15M gift.

No way he gets a new contract with that kind of salary. Now he's a MLE guy at best.

rezznor
is this possibly some kind of back deal with the spurs to lure one of the big FA?

bucks_ole
06-30-2010, 07:45 PM
He is talented, but I can't see him going to anyone but a lottery team/not a playoff team. His last two years have really put a hurt on his stock.

Carbine
06-30-2010, 07:46 PM
What does this do to the Spurs cap room this year?

ElPigto
06-30-2010, 07:48 PM
What does this do to the Spurs cap room this year?

Not much. They only will have the Mid-Level to work with only. However it will be much easier to swallow signing Tiago for the full MLE without being in luxury tax territory.

QuebecBaller
06-30-2010, 07:48 PM
If the Wolves can't get Rudy, maybe they'll make a shot for him

niko
06-30-2010, 07:50 PM
A spurs fan on this board said MAYBE HE WILL OPT OUT and i laughed at him. I don't remember who he was but i apoligize. I also must comment that whatever shit RJ is smoking, he should pass it around, as apparently it's some GOOD shit.

Good luck getting that money back.

wang4three
06-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Good luck, RJ.

Pokerface
06-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Since this is on Twitter, could it be another false alarm to create excitement??

BFRESH44
06-30-2010, 07:51 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW His vaule when to the TANK when he pretty much failed with the Spurs. What a moron. He'll get MLE money at best.

The ramifications of a new CBA has dudes SHOOK. :oldlol:

Kobe Jnr
06-30-2010, 07:52 PM
He will regret this..

ZeN
06-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Since this is on Twitter, could it be another false alarm to create excitement??

Naw its an official and reliable source..

You can easily tell the fakes by when the account started twittering.

ElPigto
06-30-2010, 07:54 PM

http://www.ksat.com/sports/24102033/detail.html

Spurs' Richard Jefferson Opts Out Of Contract

POSTED: Wednesday, June 30, 2010

SAN ANTONIO -- According to a Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, forward Richard Jefferson has opted out of the last year of his contract.
The 6 feet, 7 inch forward's contract would have guaranteed him $15.2 million.

Jefferson was supposed to be the answer for the Spurs, but just never seemed to find a groove until late in the season.
He averaged just 12.3 points per game, the lowest of his rookie season.

Copyright 2010 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

There you go, no more doubts now.

QuebecBaller
06-30-2010, 07:55 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67636/20100630/richard_jefferson_opts_out_of_$152m_contract/

MeLO MvP 15
06-30-2010, 07:56 PM
That was a dumb decision by him unless some team (or teams) have showed preliminary interest (tampered)... He's actually a good fit it Miami if they decide to go with Bosh, Wade and splitting the FA money opposed to a third All star.... another place could be a return to New Jersey or to LA (clippers)

but he won't get more than the MLE imo

icemanfan
06-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Wow.

WOW THANK YOU GOD!!!

bagelred
06-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Hol Eee Sheet

W H Y

This really hurts the Spurs. This doesn't even open salary cap space for them.

niko
06-30-2010, 07:59 PM
WOW THANK YOU GOD!!!

God loves you over in SA. I have no other explanation. It's freaking incredible.

icemanfan
06-30-2010, 07:59 PM

No way he gets a new contract with that kind of salary. Now he's a MLE guy at best.
Amen! Wow what a great day for Spurs fans!

Pokerface
06-30-2010, 08:00 PM
http://www.ksat.com/sports/24102033/detail.html

There you go, no more doubts now.

Does not make sense for him, financially.

Jasper
06-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Here comes the Lebron Spur uni posts :rockon: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

ElPigto
06-30-2010, 08:04 PM

Probably not considering he has been having some crappy seasons. Last year he was ok, but he will probably get no more than the MLE for 3 or 4 years. I really don't see a team with cap room throwing money at him since he isn't that great of a player. He must be really unhappy in SA since he left a lot of money on the table.

bagelred
Amen! Wow what a great day for Spurs fans!

I'm not sure I understand. The Spurs have no cap space to get anyone else. So isn't having Richard Jefferson better than NOT having him, even if he's a disappointment? :confusedshrug: At very least, its an expirer.....

icemanfan
most of these players have proven over and over again they are closer to down's syndrome than they are average intelligence. The fool is looking around the league thinking he is due a max deal. What a raging idiot.

MeLO MvP 15
06-30-2010, 08:05 PM
He actually might be a good fit in Boston

Pokerface
06-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Probably not considering he has been having some crappy seasons. Last year he was ok, but he will probably get no more than the MLE for 3 or 4 years. I really don't see a team with cap room throwing money at him since he isn't that great of a player. He must be really unhappy in SA since he left a lot of money on the table.

Maybe he got caught up in the rumors about the Nuggets being willing to trade Melo and he thinks he could be his replacement.

Clocian-IGN
06-30-2010, 08:06 PM
deng to the spurs, get it done garpax!!!

Pokerface
06-30-2010, 08:06 PM
most of these players have proven over and over again they are closer to down's syndrome than they are average intelligence. The fool is looking around the league thinking he is due a max deal. What a raging idiot.

Now you are going to get in trouble with Sarah Palin.

bagelred
06-30-2010, 08:07 PM
He must be really unhappy in SA since he left a lot of money on the table.

This. He probably was just so unhappy he could care less about money anymore. I can't see why else he'd do this. He knows he's only getting 1/2 what he was making at best.

icemanfan
06-30-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm not sure I understand. The Spurs have no cap space to get anyone else. So isn't having Richard Jefferson better than NOT having him, even if he's a disappointment? :confusedshrug: At very least, its an expirer.....
$51 mil after he opted out. That is NOT over the cap.

ZHAKIDD532
It'll take him 3 years to make that back...I'm sure the Spurs love it though.

ashlar
the spurs should be ecstatic they got rid of dick jefferson

SCdac
06-30-2010, 08:11 PM
this sucks. now the Spurs have a big hole at SF, and they could have used his expiring contract to get some players. Jefferson was disappointing, but he was better than having nothing.

bagelred
06-30-2010, 08:13 PM

Let's follow the logic:

$56.1 - $51 = $5.1 million of cap space. Because the Spurs are now under the cap, you get NO MID LEVEL EXCEPTION.

The MLE for 2010 is about $5.8 million?

So actually, now the Spurs have LESS money to spend if Jefferson stayed. See how that works?

niko
06-30-2010, 08:13 PM

Doesn't this hurt you in your pursuit of Tiago is now you are barely under the cap whereas you had more space in the MLE? Am i wrong in this?

icemanfan
06-30-2010, 08:14 PM
this sucks. now the Spurs have a big hole at SF, and they could have used his expiring contract to get some players. Jefferson was disappointing, but he was better than having nothing.
We are not over the cap and now the Spurs know what they have in place. I am thrilled. No one would have traded for him until AFTER the free agency market was decimated and the team knew they needed an expiring contract for next season.

icemanfan
06-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Doesn't this hurt you in your pursuit of Tiago is now you are barely under the cap whereas you had more space in the MLE? Am i wrong in this?
before we had no space and the MLE. We had $15m more on the books before this.

bagelred
06-30-2010, 08:16 PM
Richard Jefferson opts out, Paul Pierce opts out, Dirk opts out........

Eddy Curry opts in....

Curry, you fat f=ck

niko
06-30-2010, 08:17 PM
We are not over the cap and now the Spurs know what they have in place. I am thrilled. No one would have traded for him until AFTER the free agency market was decimated and the team knew they needed an expiring contract for next season.

It honestly does not help you at all except getting him off the roster. It removes an expirer you could have used to trade for something, it gives you less money to give Tiago (assuming the full MLE rumors were true). You have no money to replace him. Aside from getting his sucky ass out of there, there is no benefit except financial to the spurs, and not financial helps team out, financial helps bottom line out.

This is funny.:D

icemanfan
Let's follow the logic:

$56.1 - $51 = $5.1 million of cap space. Because the Spurs are now under the cap, you get NO MID LEVEL EXCEPTION.

So actually, now the Spurs have LESS money to spend if Jefferson stayed. See how that works?
Mid-Level Exception

A team is allowed to sign one player to a contract equal to the average NBA salary, even if the team is over the salary cap already, or if the signing would put them over the cap. This is known as the Mid-level exception (MLE). The MLE may be used on an individual free agent or split among multiple free agents, and is available to any team that exceeds the salary cap at the beginning of the offseason. The Mid-Level Exception for the 2008-09 NBA season was $5.585 million.[2] The MLE is $5.854 million for the 2009-10 NBA regular season.[3]

Do not loose MLE when you go under the cap.

ElPigto
Let's follow the logic:

Actually, the Spurs can renounce their newfound cap space and get the MLE if it is more convenient, which in this case it would be.

niko
06-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Mid-Level Exception

A team is allowed to sign one player to a contract equal to the average NBA salary, even if the team is over the salary cap already, or if the signing would put them over the cap. This is known as the Mid-level exception (MLE). The MLE may be used on an individual free agent or split among multiple free agents, and is available to any team that exceeds the salary cap at the beginning of the offseason. The Mid-Level Exception for the 2008-09 NBA season was $5.585 million.[2] The MLE is $5.854 million for the 2009-10 NBA regular season.[3]

Do not loose MLE when you go under the cap.

It doesn't say anything like that. You might be right but it does not say that. I actually think you MIGHT be wrong, i think the MLE (the ability to have one) comes into play right now when FA starts. It is all in the timing.

The question is when is the MLE given out. If it's yesterday or before, then you got lucky. If its as of midnight when FA starts, you didnt.

icemanfan
06-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Actually, the Spurs can renounce their newfound cap space and get the MLE if it is more convenient, which in this case it would be.
or they can sign someone and then still use the MLE to sign another player. Being under the cap does not kill your MLE.

niko
06-30-2010, 08:20 PM

so its same but no RJ expirer to trade which actually is not good (except i can see how a spurs fan would be like YAH, RJ is gone!

no added benefit though...

SCdac
06-30-2010, 08:20 PM
623 people viewing the "RJ opts out" thread on spurstalk.com, thread is going on 12 pages! alot of mixed feeling and various opinions. I'm disappointed we lost RJ, but if he didn't want to be on the team I don't want him and I don't think anyone else in SA would either.

bagelred
06-30-2010, 08:21 PM

OK that is true. So essentially the Spurs are in the same boat whether RJ opts in or out.

In other words, RJ leaving does NOT create more cap space. You simply lost a pretty good player without getting any players back.

ElPigto
or they can sign someone and then still use the MLE to sign another player. Being under the cap does not kill your MLE.

No you can't. You either take the cap room or get the MLE, is either one or the other, not both.

niko

thats actually not what he said at all. he actually said you keep your cap space, OR renounce it and get the MLE. not both. you are implying both, elpigto said the opposite, i dont know...

ElPigto
06-30-2010, 08:23 PM
OK that is true. So essentially the Spurs are in the same boat whether RJ opts in or out.

In other words, RJ leaving does NOT create more cap space. You simply lost a pretty good player without getting any players back.

But the Spurs have always been cheap. They have always tried to remain under the luxury tax penalty. They were planning on signing Tiago this summer with the MLE anyways and now this will prevent them from having to fork over any money to the league due to tax penalties.

I don't think this necessarily is good for them, however knowing the history of their owner it probably is best for them that Richard opted out. I'm sure they are going to try to trade away Tony Parker away this season, so perhaps they can get a replacement somehow.

niko
06-30-2010, 08:24 PM
before we had no space and the MLE. We had $15m more on the books before this.

you were in the luxury tax land, now you are not. So if you want a positive, this helps your spurs cash flow, and money saved can be spent later (so maybe they would be more apt to add a long term contract with that MLE than they would ahve been or trade a different expirer for a longer contract.

in terms of opening up additional cap space to help you sign a player, no this did not do that. sorry.

ElPigto
06-30-2010, 08:25 PM
20. How do exceptions count against the cap? Does being under the cap always mean that a team has room to sign free agents? Do teams ever lose their exceptions?

If a team is below the cap, then their Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level and/or Traded Player exceptions are added to their team salary, and the league treats the team as though they are over the cap. This is to prevent a loophole, in a manner similar to free agent amounts (see question numbers 29, 30, 31, 32). A team can't act like they're under the cap and sign free agents using cap room, and then use their Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level and/or Traded Player exceptions. Consequently, the exceptions are added to their team salary (putting the team over the cap) if the team is under the cap and adding the exceptions puts them over the cap. If a team is already over the cap, then the exceptions are not added to their team salary. There would be no point in doing so, since there is no cap room for signing free agents.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q20

There you go iceman in case you don't believe me. I really do try my best to keep up with the CBA.

icemanfan
06-30-2010, 08:25 PM
No you can't. You either take the cap room or get the MLE, is either one or the other, not both.
Possible your right. I don't know for sure. We will wait and see. I will say it is bad for team moral having a guy make that kind of money and play as shitty as he did. The Bucks did great in getting rid of him. The Spurs front office are most like giddy now that he opted out.
Steins twitter sums my feelings up
http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

1987: Spurs win David Robinson lottery. 1997: Spurs win Duncan lottery. 2010: Spurs win lotto again w/R. Jefferson opting out of $15.2 mil

icemanfan
06-30-2010, 08:27 PM
http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q20

There you go iceman in case you don't believe me. I really do try my best to keep up with the CBA.
Like I said I do not know for sure. Still thrilled to have him gone.

niko
06-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Possible your right. I don't know for sure. We will wait and see. I will say it is bad for team moral having a guy make that kind of money and play as shitty as he did. The Bucks did great in getting rid of him. The Spurs front office are most like giddy now that he opted out.
Steins twitter sums my feelings up
http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

you are a smaller market team that has to watch their bottom line. so you saved a lot of money. this makes you more flexible in what your team is willing to spend in later years. So thats good...

ElPigto
06-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Like I said I do not know for sure. Still thrilled to have him gone.

Well I know for sure. And the CBA knows for sure. So, yeah...

icemanfan
06-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Well I know for sure. And the CBA knows for sure. So, yeah...
we will see how it plays out after the lock out. Could be a lower cap. You never know.

ElPigto
06-30-2010, 08:32 PM
we will see how it plays out after the lock out. Could be a lower cap. You never know.

What in the hell are you talking about?

We are talking about this season. The 2010-2011 season, not next summer. So once again, you will only have the MLE to work with, or you can renounce that and take the $5.1M which would obviously make no sense.

icemanfan
06-30-2010, 08:33 PM
What in the hell are you talking about?

We are talking about this season. The 2010-2011 season, not next summer. So once again, you will only have the MLE to work with, or you can renounce that and take the $5.1M which would obviously make no sense.

have they announced cap for this coming season?

DKLaker
06-30-2010, 08:38 PM

WTF was that idiot thinking????

ElPigto
06-30-2010, 08:39 PM
have they announced cap for this coming season?

I thought it was 56.1M. That's been the projection for several months now and they are usually right on the money.

VIP2000
06-30-2010, 08:40 PM
RJ would be a good fit in Phoenix.

GOBB
06-30-2010, 08:41 PM

Probably has to do with the new CBA. Seems guys want to opt out and get deals under the current CBA before the change over. Thats my guess. Also while it may not happen maybe a fear for a strike/lockout?

thejumpa
06-30-2010, 08:41 PM
He's opting out so he can sign a deal that gives him years and another player option. Leaving 15 mill on the table isn't that bad because he there is a good chance he'd make that and have to deal with FA next year when he's older and his value has dropped. Might as well opt out now and try for another 3-5 year deal while you are semi hot. Sounds like he knows he's on the decline and/or wants to be apart of a real championship team.

Either way, someone will pick him up.

edit: sounds about right GOBB

Pokerface
06-30-2010, 08:42 PM

There is no way he was thinking. He was probably pissed off and maybe a bit drunk to make such a decision.

vert48
06-30-2010, 08:44 PM
RJ is going to end up in Greece, and we all know why...

Tito Beasley
06-30-2010, 08:46 PM
All i can say is WOW.

Someone in San Antonio must have some pictures of RJ in a compromising situation with other men.

Either that or his agent feels like there isnt even going to BE 2011 season for him to sign a new deal in, because of the pending CBA negotiations.

This may not make much of a difference for the Spurs in terms of signing a free agent outright, but it will allow them a lot more breathing room to be creative in terms of upgrading their roster.

Pretty crazy stuff.

JerrySteakhouse
06-30-2010, 08:47 PM
This dude shouldn't even get the money he opted out for in the span of 4 years lol.

Jasper
06-30-2010, 09:09 PM
This dude shouldn't even get the money he opted out for in the span of 4 years lol.
Heard he is the celtic's first option over Pierce's weak knees :lol

bagelred
06-30-2010, 09:14 PM
Can the Spurs Sign and Trade him? Maybe that'll help the Spurs.

ChuckOakley
06-30-2010, 09:14 PM
RJ is going to end up in Greece, and we all know why...
:oldlol:

He'll go where Gay goes

SCdac
06-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Can the Spurs Sign and Trade him? Maybe that'll help the Spurs.

Yes they can. Wouldn't all-out surprise me if they did. could even resign him to a longer deal, no one really knows at this point. from what it sounds like, Jefferson just wants options, his agent said "it's not a matter of not wanting to be in San Antonio. It's maximizing as many opportunities as you can".

GiveItToBurrito
06-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Is he retarded? He'll be lucky to get the MLE.

Faberg
06-30-2010, 09:53 PM
:roll: He just ****ed himself over. He's not getting that type of money he left by any other team.

noob cake
06-30-2010, 10:00 PM
:roll: He just ****ed himself over. He's not getting that type of money he left by any other team.

Well he ****ed the Spurs harder. Spurs are still over the cap with him gone. They will have a gaping hole at SF. By opting out, Jefferson is basically forcing the Spurs to do a SnT with him.

Faberg
06-30-2010, 10:04 PM
RJ would be a good fit in Phoenix.
http://thingsifoundatthethriftstore.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/do-not-want-dog.jpg

bdreason
06-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Something has to be up. No way this guy just opts out of 15 million.

GOBB
06-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Is he retarded? He'll be lucky to get the MLE.

What makes you think he will be lucky to get the MLE let alone not get more than it?

LA_Showtime
06-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Um, what an idiot. He must have been really unhappy in San Antonio. What's sort of amusing is that he's screwing himself AND the Spurs organization. He's not going to fetch much on the open market and the Spurs now have a gaping hole at small forward.

boozehound
06-30-2010, 10:46 PM
God loves you over in SA. I have no other explanation. It's freaking incredible.
yeah this is nuts. either he knows something about the CBA/lockout or he is insane? He just left close to 10 mil on the table for next season. Playing in a great town on a great, if aging, team. Think he wants to be a ring chaser for the heat or some shit? He must be rich as balls by now.

ashlar
06-30-2010, 10:47 PM
He wants to be in LA with his boyfriend Luke.

ChuckOakley
06-30-2010, 10:49 PM
I don't get it either.

He would have gotten $15m next year, and then say he could have gotten a 3 year $15m deal after that. That would mean he would get $30m over the 4 years.

If he gets a 4 year deal tomorrow, I will be surprised if it's more than 4 years $20m.

I think he costs himself a good $5-$10m dollars by doing this.

Yung D-Will
06-30-2010, 10:54 PM
The Spurs Organization must have his whole family in a basement held at gunpoint.

Jasper
06-30-2010, 10:59 PM
I don't get it either.

He would have gotten $15m next year, and then say he could have gotten a 3 year $15m deal after that. That would mean he would get $30m over the 4 years.

If he gets a 4 year deal tomorrow, I will be surprised if it's more than 4 years $20m.

I think he costs himself a good $5-$10m dollars by doing this.
------------
Maybe once your a multi millioniare - a pow wow wit hthe franchise says you do this we will take care of you long term , and allow us some flexibility to land Ginobli or other free agents .... just saying we have no clue what these big franchises say to their players before they opt out.

Qwyjibo
06-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Something has to be up. No way this guy just opts out of 15 million.
I would laugh if the Spurs and him had a verbal agreement then the Spurs reverse-Boozer'd him and told him to GTFO.

This is great news for San Antonio.

The_Yearning
06-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Richard Jefferson sucks...lmao dude needs a reality check.

HylianNightmare
06-30-2010, 11:32 PM
orlando for the min

JustinJDW
06-30-2010, 11:32 PM
I'm not sure I understand. The Spurs have no cap space to get anyone else. So isn't having Richard Jefferson better than NOT having him, even if he's a disappointment? :confusedshrug: At very least, its an expirer.....This.

Only stupid people think this is good for the Spurs.

hawkfan
07-01-2010, 12:20 AM
I would hazard a guess the Spurs will extend RJ at a more reasonable contract money-wise and longer, giving him more money, and allowing the Spurs to sign a free agent via MLE to upgrade the bench.

Say 3 years, $30 million.

boozehound
07-01-2010, 12:31 AM
of you are less than the mle under the cap, you can use the mle and the bae (if you have it)

boozehound
07-01-2010, 12:31 AM
you are completely wrong on this. Its either or, not both.

ashbelly
07-01-2010, 12:32 AM
good another bum who knows he's worth. :applause:

crisoner
07-01-2010, 02:19 AM
is this possibly some kind of back deal with the spurs to lure one of the big FA?

Exactly what I'm thinking....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

R.I.P.
07-01-2010, 05:14 AM
I would laugh if the Spurs and him had a verbal agreement then the Spurs reverse-Boozer'd him and told him to GTFO.

This is great news for San Antonio.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

He can

Basketbolero
07-01-2010, 05:36 AM
Dude heard Joe Johnson is getting max money and got overexcited :lol

LakersLaLaLand
07-01-2010, 06:51 AM
Almost as bad as Nomar Garciaparra turning down the Boston Red Sox contract. What an idiot. All those poles to his derriere must be affecting his cognitive skills.

PowerGlove
07-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Exactly what I'm thinking....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

and they are trying to trade parker too right?:eek:

Shit is out of control.

Rowe
07-01-2010, 08:44 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]:oldlol: :oldlol:

He can

ukplayer4
07-01-2010, 11:11 AM
The Spurs Organization must have his whole family in a basement held at gunpoint.

:roll: :applause:

I disagree.

That $15 Million was based on his contract he signed when he was a borderline All Star talent with New Jersey competing for a NBA Title. He mentioned several times that playing in San Antonio's system was killing his value as a FA in 2011. He realizes hes a MLE player, but with that big contract people were looking at him as a bad contract rather than a good SF in the right system.

So he gives up 15 Million? He did this to help San Antonio. San Antonio can S&T Jefferson(similar to Toronto with Marion) for Jefferson to get maybe a 5/$40 Million Dollar Deal while San Antonio can bring back some talent as well since they wont have a MLE this season. They weren't going to find any suitors for Jefferson's expirer post-2010 FA Frenzy.

how will they do this and pay splitter?

GOBB
07-01-2010, 02:46 PM
[QUOTE]Jefferson staying in S.A.?

Richard Jefferson