View Full Version : ISH Mock Draft 2010

Crystallas
05-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Now that the lottery is over with...

WHAT:
The rules are simple.

One representative per team.
No trades.
12 hours per pick, or a stand-in will make the pick.
Serious GMs only. Team fans will get priority, then first come, first served.

WHEN:
Once each 1st round pick has a representative. The lotto is underway, and we will have the definate order before we start. If you are given a team, and you have the first pick, you can go ahead and make your first round selection.

HOW: Each GM on the clock will be PMed after the previous pick is updated.

I call the Bulls

Magic, Pistons, Lakers, Blazers, Suns, Mavs, Celtics still open for late shows.

Draft Order - Selection - GM user ON THE CLOCK
1 Wizards - John Wall(UK) - The Big Skinny
2 76ers - Evan Turner(OSU) -
3 Nets - Derrick Favors(GT) - takeittothehoop
4 Timberwolves - Wes Johnson(Syr) - WhySoInsecure?
5 Kings - Demarcus Cousins(UK) - sak
6 Warriors - Al-Farouq Aminu(WF) - Brujesino
7 Pistons - Greg Monroe(GT) -
8 Clippers - Luke Babbitt(UN)- PaperClip
9 Jazz - Avery Bradley(Texas) - Rowe
10 Pacers - Ekpe Udoh(Baylor) - InspiredLebowski
11 Hornets - Ed Davis(NC) -CLTHornets4eva
12 Grizzlies - Paul George(Fresno St.) - qrich
13 Raptors - Donatas Motiejunas(Lithuania) - Sakkreth
14 Rockets - Hassan Whiteside(Marshall) -
15 Bucks - Xavier Henry - Sticks
16 Timberwolves - Cole Aldrich - WhySoInsecure?
17 Bulls - James Anderson(OkSt) - Crystallas
18 Heat - Gordon Hayward(Butler) - bballer
19 Celtics - Terrico White(Miss) -
20 Spurs - Patrick Patterson(UK) - sawyersauce
21 Thunder - Daniel Orton(UK) - Buffalobraves
22 Blazers - Armon Johnson(Nevada) -
23 Timberwolves - Elliot Williams - WhySoInsecure?
24 Hawks - Soloman Alabi - hawksdogsbraves
25 Grizzlies - Eric Bledsoe - qrich
26 Thunder -Damion James - Buffalobraves
27 Nets - Jordan Crawford - takeittothehoop
28 Grizzlies - Kevin Seraphin - qrich
29 Magic - Quincy Pondexter -
30 Wizards - Jerome Jordan -
SECOND ROUND
31 Nets - Gani Lawal - takeittothehoop
32 Thunder - Willie Warren - Buffalobraves
33 Kings - Greivis Vasques - sak
34 Warriors - Samardo Samuels - Brujesino
35 Wizards - Larry Sanders - The Big Skinny
36 Pistons - Devin Ebanks
37 Bucks - Keith Gallon - Sticks
38 Knicks -Jarvis Varnado - jlawdrummer
39 Knicks - Mikhail Torrance - jlawdrummer
40 Pacers - Stanley Robinson - InspiredLebowski
41 Heat - Matt Bouldin - bballer
42 Heat - Luke Harangody - bballer
43 Lakers - Jon Scheyer
44 Blazers - Derrick Caracter
45 Timberwolves - Art Parakhouski - WhySoInsecure?
46 Suns - Tim Ohlbrecht -
47 Bucks - Dominique Jones - Sticks
48 Heat - - bballer
49 Spurs -Nemanja Bjelica - sawyersauce
50 Mavericks - -
51 Thunder - - Buffalobraves
52 Celtics - -
53 Hawks - - hawksdogsbraves
54 Clippers - - PaperClip
55 Jazz - - Rowe
56 Timberwolves - - WhySoInsecure?
57 Pacers - - InspiredLebowski
58 Lakers - -
59 Magic - -
60 Suns - - Charles Barkley

Link to Main Board post (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175141)

KG215
05-18-2010, 08:55 PM
I want Boston. If you feel another poster is more worthy of the Celtics, then I want the T-Wolves.

I'll be out of town and not have computer access from May 23-June 5, though. So if this all starts during that time, or before then but doesn't get to #19, then I can't do it. Odds are, I won't be able to do this, but just getting dibs just in case.

Crystallas
05-18-2010, 09:37 PM
I want Boston. If you feel another poster is more worthy of the Celtics, then I want the T-Wolves.

I'll be out of town and not have computer access from May 23-June 5, though. So if this all starts during that time, or before then but doesn't get to #19, then I can't do it. Odds are, I won't be able to do this, but just getting dibs just in case.

No problem, and what we can do, is have standins, so if someone else calls the team legitimately, and your not here, the standin can make the pick.

Its more fun when the team fans make their own picks. And we could even split up some picks, like 1st come gets the first pick, and 2nd call gets the next selection.

sak
05-18-2010, 11:16 PM
I want SAK. Even if we did some how get ripped in the lottery again. lol

Brujesino
05-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Iam the most active warriors fan here so count me in

AI09
05-18-2010, 11:59 PM
count me in i got philly

qrich
05-19-2010, 03:45 AM
I'd like the Grizzlies, and if multiple teams are needed, toss me the Wolves or Clippers as well.

takeittothehoop
05-19-2010, 05:09 AM
I'll take the Nets as my first choice..if not give me the Clippers.

Crystallas
05-19-2010, 05:32 AM
cool cool

Added everyone so far. I left the 2nd round open for any dupes that pop up before we kick this off.

Buffalobraves
05-19-2010, 07:18 AM
I'll take the Thunder

InspiredLebowski
05-19-2010, 08:05 AM
Indy, I'll take other team/s if we need to

KG215
05-19-2010, 08:34 AM
I'll do multiple teams as well.

Jazz and/or Raptors if no one else claims them.

sawyersauce
05-19-2010, 09:30 AM
I'll take San Antonio, if available.

Crystallas
05-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Added :)

jlawdrummer
05-19-2010, 01:47 PM
I'd love to draft the Knicks :-)

Boshtown!
05-19-2010, 06:41 PM
raptorssssssssssssssssss :)

The Big Skinny
05-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Lemme get all the Wizards picks please!

Raj Da Dodge
05-19-2010, 10:48 PM
I'll take the Rockets if you don't mind.

Crystallas
05-19-2010, 11:01 PM
kk, added everyone but Boshtown. Something about a 6 post member being off LOL

Raj Da Dodge
05-19-2010, 11:06 PM
we should get posterize in this.

The Big Skinny
05-20-2010, 03:04 AM
cool cool

Added everyone so far. I left the 2nd round open for any dupes that pop up before we kick this off.

do i also get the wizards 30th overall?

when is this going down?

UConnCeltics
05-20-2010, 06:02 AM
T'Wolves for me.

WhatIfSports
05-20-2010, 09:45 AM
if you need help with some players and drafting order check out WhatIfSports.com NBA Draft Simulator

http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondtheboxscore/default.asp?article=2010NBA_MockDraft1

Crystallas
05-20-2010, 06:33 PM
if you need help with some players and drafting order check out WhatIfSports.com NBA Draft Simulator

http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondtheboxscore/default.asp?article=2010NBA_MockDraft1

Trying to get a Mock draft influenced by as much of the individual team's fan support, and not "expert" analyst style. That's what makes these fun, no offense.

Crystallas
05-20-2010, 06:35 PM
do i also get the wizards 30th overall?

when is this going down?

fixed, I'm double checking the entries before we start, then we can give this a go. If you have the Zards, and you want to do your first pick, then by all means. Also address why you made the pick, ala GM style :)

Raj Da Dodge
05-20-2010, 07:40 PM
we still need alot of people to represent teams...still got like alot open.

InspiredLebowski
05-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Might make a topic in the NBA forum asking for signups

rondo9
05-20-2010, 09:40 PM
I would be pleased to draft for the Bucks.

Brujesino
05-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Might make a topic in the NBA forum asking for signups
good idea

KG215
05-20-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm leaving on Sunday and will be out of town for two weeks-back on June 5th. I won't have computer access, so someone may be able to have my spot. I'm picking for the Celtics. Now, if for some reason this doesn't get started until the middle of next week and it takes another week or so to get to the Celtics pick at 19, then I'd like to stay in it, but someone should at least bgo ahead and speak up as a filler for me in case I'm gone when Boston's pick gets here.

Crystallas
05-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Im not in the biggest hurry to fill this up. I would rather have a proud represenative for each team that can keep this as accurate as possible. Although there is some sense of a timeline here.

Otherwise its just another sensless mock-draft that steals queues from ESPN-wanabee's. Would anyone agree?

Brujesino
05-20-2010, 10:41 PM
Im not in the biggest hurry to fill this up. I would rather have a proud represenative for each team that can keep this as accurate as possible. Although there is some sense of a timeline here.

Otherwise its just another sensless mock-draft that steals queues from ESPN-wanabee's. Would anyone agree?
Well we are never gonna fill up draft here might as well get them from the main board.Not many people really come to this forum i happened to stumble on it by accident.

InspiredLebowski
05-20-2010, 10:51 PM

That's fine, I don't really care when we get started, still have over a month until the real deal. Be pretty tough to get a fan of each team though, especially one that knows enough about the NCAA players.

KG215
05-20-2010, 10:52 PM

I do to an extent. I'd like for it to be as authentic as possible, and to have fans from each team, or at least knowledgeable NBA fans, who know the team needs and don't rely on mocks to make their picks.

And besides, the slower the better for me since I won't be here for 2 weeks. :D

Crystallas
05-21-2010, 02:09 AM
I do to an extent. I'd like for it to be as authentic as possible, and to have fans from each team, or at least knowledgeable NBA fans, who know the team needs and don't rely on mocks to make their picks.

And besides, the slower the better for me since I won't be here for 2 weeks. :D

2 weeks now?

And yeah, will post in the main forums.

KG215
05-21-2010, 02:21 AM
2 weeks now?

And yeah, will post in the main forums.

Two weeks starting Sunday. It wouldn't be a big deal because I'd normally have my laptop with me, but I'm working at a summer camp and will have very limited or no computer access

Crystallas
05-21-2010, 02:23 AM
kk, well, I hope its done before then, but I guess if its not, then thats cool too.

I don't want to prematurely edjaculate on a good thing(if we can actually get quality ISH'ers up for this!) LOL

KG215
05-21-2010, 02:29 AM
I'm sure it will start before or while I'm gone. I'm just holding out hope that it won'ot get started until next week sometime and it won't get back to the 19th pick until I get back. It's not a big deal if I miss it, though.

The Big Skinny
05-21-2010, 06:34 AM
Without further ado ladies and gentleman, lets get this thing rolling

With the 1st pick in the 2010 NBA Draft, The Washington Wizards select...

John Wall PG Kentucky

http://with-malice.com/images/stories/blogpics/john_wall.jpg

Why?

Because he's the f*ckin man! jk

He has quickness, leadership and is a proven winner. At the Age of 19, he is rare breed of pg's that have a high ceiling at such a young age. The wizards need a spark that will bring this team out of the depths...

Philly, You are now on the clock!

Sticks
05-21-2010, 09:04 AM
Seeing as the Bulls are taken I'm going to go for the Bucks. Let's see what we can get to push us to a Conference Finals next year.

KG215
05-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Seeing as the Bulls are taken I'm going to go for the Bucks. Let's see what we can get to push us to a Conference Finals next year.

5/20 8:40 p.m.

I would be pleased to draft for the Bucks.

sak
05-21-2010, 07:09 PM
did i miss something? did we start

Brujesino
05-21-2010, 09:21 PM
did i miss something? did we start
idk theres alot of blank teams:confusedshrug:

Crystallas
05-21-2010, 10:16 PM
idk theres alot of blank teams:confusedshrug:

No foul if the early picks start while we fill. Kind of buys time on both sides.

And for the Bucks. a 30 post member, and a member who is a Bulls fan... IDK, that would break up the integrity of what we got going on, yes/no?

sak
05-22-2010, 12:12 AM
ok. Just wanted to make sure not to miss my pick. lol. well..... were are the nets?

hawksdogsbraves
05-22-2010, 12:17 AM
Posted this in the main forum but I figured that I would call the Hawks over here too. I honestly haven't looked into our potential picks much yet, I'll have to do that before it's my turn.

Sticks
05-22-2010, 05:29 AM
No foul if the early picks start while we fill. Kind of buys time on both sides.

And for the Bucks. a 30 post member, and a member who is a Bulls fan... IDK, that would break up the integrity of what we got going on, yes/no?

I'm a Bulls/Bucks fan. I root for both the teams. I however find the picture of the Bulls mascot waving the flag amazingly striking.

Edit: To slightly expand on this. I feel comfortable picking for the bulls/bucks since I follow the teams and I think I have a good grasp of what kind of players they are looking for. I'm not going to be picking for any other team since I don't feel I know the teams well enough. I actually prefer to picks for the bucks since I know the team ever better than I do the bulls.

I dont really mind either way though, I'll keep checking the thread.

Crystallas
05-22-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm a Bulls/Bucks fan. I root for both the teams. I however find the picture of the Bulls mascot waving the flag amazingly striking.

Edit: To slightly expand on this. I feel comfortable picking for the bulls/bucks since I follow the teams and I think I have a good grasp of what kind of players they are looking for. I'm not going to be picking for any other team since I don't feel I know the teams well enough. I actually prefer to picks for the bucks since I know the team ever better than I do the bulls.

I dont really mind either way though, I'll keep checking the thread.

Fair enough. The Bucks are counting on you LOL

KG215
05-23-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm gone today and won't be back until the 5th so if it gets to the Celtics before then someone can have my spot.

sak
05-23-2010, 05:57 PM
did this forum die?

hawksdogsbraves
05-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Yeah let's get this show on the road!

Brujesino
05-24-2010, 03:39 PM
still waiting on the 2nd pick

sak
05-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Well it looks like the sixers guy flaked or something so i say we just mark them down for Turner because seriously this guy is beast and his range is only getting better along with his pure skill.

So i vote for turner and say we move on. lol

Sakkreth
05-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Can i still pick a team ? If yes i'd like to get Raptors.

sak
05-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Sakkreth added.

Crystallas started this but also said that u had 12 hours on the clock. its been like 2 days. So i say Even Turner at the number 2 spot because its really the most logical choice to pick up the best player at this spot.
then we move on and put the nets ON THE CLOCK.

Draft Order - Selection - GM user ON THE CLOCK
1 Wizards - John Wall(UK) - The Big Skinny
2 76ers - - Evan Turner - AI09
3 Nets - - takeittothehoop
4 Timberwolves - - WhySoInsecure?
5 Kings - - sak
6 Warriors - - Brujesino
7 Pistons - -
8 Clippers - -
9 Jazz - - Rowe
10 Pacers - - InspiredLebowski
11 Hornets - - CLTHornets4eva
12 Grizzlies - - qrich
13 Raptors - - Sakkreth
14 Rockets - - Raj Da Dodge
15 Bucks - - Sticks
16 Timberwolves - - WhySoInsecure?
17 Bulls - - Crystallas
18 Heat - bballer
19 Celtics - - KG215(stand in: Se

Brujesino
05-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Bah i was hopeing people would pass on turner so i can pick him at #6:oldlol:

sak
05-24-2010, 04:48 PM
even if the sixers pass on him. i dont think there is any way the wolves pass on him at 4.

hawksdogsbraves
05-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Yeah Turner at number 2 is fine let's keep this draft rolling.

Brujesino
05-24-2010, 05:10 PM
even if the sixers pass on him. i dont think there is any way the wolves pass on him at 4.
i was hoping for dumb fans to pick for their teams

Crystallas
05-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Its amazing how many people just give up entirely on anything basketball, once the season is over. Having a rough time filling this up. I thought a day of peace, then a few bumps would help LOL...

PaperClip
05-24-2010, 11:47 PM
I suppose I'll pick for the Clips.

Crystallas
05-25-2010, 12:04 AM
I suppose I'll pick for the Clips.

Added you for the Clippers picks

The Big Skinny
05-25-2010, 12:57 AM
what is goin on...why am i the only one who made a legit pick?

Crystallas
05-25-2010, 02:35 AM
It will get going soon, quality over all else.

Sakkreth
05-26-2010, 07:14 AM
It will get going soon, quality over all else.
Ohh really ? :confusedshrug:
Well i hope the open spots will fill soon... btw i hate word "soon"

Crystallas
05-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Ohh really ? :confusedshrug:
Well i hope the open spots will fill soon... btw i hate word "soon"

I don't have a whole lot of control over "soon" lol

People must be Mock-Drafted to death by now.

WhySoInsecure?
05-26-2010, 03:32 PM
just give him Evan Turner and keep moving.

Sakkreth
05-26-2010, 04:14 PM
just give him Evan Turner and keep moving.

And what we gonna do when it's time to choose for Pistons ?

WhySoInsecure?
05-26-2010, 04:30 PM
And what we gonna do when it's time to choose for Pistons ?
at the rate this is going the real draft will be over before we even get to the pistons.

Sakkreth
05-26-2010, 04:31 PM
at the rate this is going the real draft will be over before we even get to the pistons.

Well everyone till pistons are active members.

Holden Magroine
05-26-2010, 05:05 PM
If I can, I'd like to pick for the my Pistons

sak
05-26-2010, 06:01 PM
lol. i dont know whats up. i tried to move it along but i didnt start it. i say we just moove to 3 but takeittothehoop doesnt seem to be responding. lol

hawksdogsbraves
05-27-2010, 02:01 AM
gah people just need to at least say the player they want if they can't be bothered for an explanation because this thing needs to get started

Crystallas
05-27-2010, 03:52 AM
Its going, its going. Screw the disapearing acts LOL. It is possible that RL GMs flunk their own picks too, so if fans dont want to represent, oh well.

takeittothehoop
05-27-2010, 05:02 AM
With the 3rd pick in the 2010 NBA Draft, the New Jersey Nets select F Derrick Favors.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/writers/seth_davis/02/22/hoop.thoughts/derrick.favors.jpg

The aim of this pick was to give the Nets an explosive frontcourt duo of Favors and Lopez. Having two strong big men to operate inside is going to make life a lot easier for the Nets and help them improve on that dreadful 12-70 record after the 09-10 season.

Strengths: Explosive athlete with unique combination of power and quickness ... Possesses an extraordinary wingspan, with Georgia Tech official website claiming a 9-1 standing reach ... Tremendous leaping ability ... Frequent target of the alley-oop pass and seemingly nothing is out of reach. Soft hands allow him to corral passes most bigs would muff ... Runs the floor like a gazelle showing great speed from baseline to baseline ... Finishes with power around the rim - a dunking machine ... Has made dramatic advancements in his post game repertoire and footwork ... Features a drop step into the lane for a mini right hook and quick spins to either side of the floor ... Cat quick in the post. Displays a deft touch with his left hand around the basket, almost inclined to use his off hand ... Has a nice looking stroke out to 12-15 feet, but does not appear overly comfortable ... Appears relaxed at the free throw line shooting 73% early on ... An absolute vacuum on both the offensive and defensive backboards. Averaging 8.3 rebounds through his first seven collegiate games in 24 minutes of action (4.4 def and 3.9 off) ... A shot blocking menace (5 per game as a HS senior and 2 per game early this season) ... Alters countless other attempts ... His mere presence makes opponents think twice before driving inside ... Not a boastful personality, but rather allows his game to do the talking ... Excellent student and quick learner.

Weaknesses: Has done a good job adding bulk to his frame, but needs to continue to get stronger ... Needs to increase trajectory on his jumper and increasing his range would be beneficial ... Ball handling is decent for a big, but must be improved to augment his face up game ... Continued advancement of his footwork and comfort level in the post ... Seems to predetermine moves rather than reacting to the defense ... Does not handle double teams well ... Needs to slow the game down and not panic ... Not a great passer out of the post. Has relied heavily on his athletic gifts up to this stage against inferior competition ... Needs to work harder and understand court positioning ... Can be lazy at times defensively and on the boards depending on his length and leaping ability ... Stands too upright and his lateral movement is sloppy ... His conditioning has been questioned, often tiring in the latter stages of games.

WhySoInsecure?
05-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Wes Johnson, Jonny Flynn get's his buddy.

Crystallas
05-28-2010, 12:54 AM
Hmm, can't PM sak, but your up.

sak
05-28-2010, 11:47 AM
With the number 5 pick.
Sacramento selects Demarcus Cousins.

http://isportsweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/CUZSCreveng.jpg

Even with him being over weight at the combine, this is probably the best talent at this draft spot. If he didnt have the personal red flags i think he would be selected higher.

Hes long, athletic, good hands and has a number of tools in his box on the post.

On a side note. I think he was bulking on pourpose. He knows he needs to be real big to play his type of game in the NBA. Future star.

Brujesino
05-28-2010, 11:23 PM
Damn cousins is gone give me a little bit to get my pick in

Brujesino
05-28-2010, 11:32 PM
With the 6th pick in the 2010 ISH mock draft the Brujesino selects for the warriors

Al-Farouq Aminu
http://www.lostlettermen.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/al.jpg

Strengths: One of the top athletes in the country, Aminu had a solid sophomore year, with more opportunities to shine after James Johnson and Jeff Teague left for the pros ... A huge leaper with freakish athleticism, explosiveness and solid length, Aminu uses these 3 strengths to make him an excellent rebounder and defender ... His athleticism contributes to a quick first step, while possessing a good enough handle to take his defender off the dribble north to south rather than east to west ... His solid frame, length and athleticism give him the ability to be an excellent defender, with the option of allowing him to guard the 2, 3 or 4 ... His leaping abilities allow him to get up and block shots, as well as eliminate second chance opportunities on the defensive glass ... Again he uses his pure athleticism to keep the ball alive on the offensive glass making him a tough target to box out ... High energy player, will lay out for the ball ... Showed an improved post game, using his quickness to elude his defender down low and get off uncontested shots even with his man on his back ... He has a good enough handle to match his athleticism following a rebound, allowing him to go coast to coast where he thrives in transition, as he runs the floor very well and can soar around the hoop making him a point guard's best friend on the break ...

Weaknesses: Aminu's glaring weakness is his inability to create shots for himself and hit from the outside ... He lacks any real range on his outside game, and does not have the ability to pull up off the dribble ... He lacks touch around the basket when he's not close enough to dunk ... Turnover prone, with a tendency to be out of control and a bit awkward when taking his man off the dribble ... Handle is not diverse enough, most of his drives are made because of a quick first step, while limited to mainly just going right ... His lack of shooting ability hurts his chances of playing the 3 at the next level, most likely he will play the athletic and high flying power forward role until he broadens his perimeter skills ... Not skilled enough to immediately be effective on the offensive end...

Overall: Aminu's strengths include all of the things you can't teach, which is a great sign for potential and upside considering all the things he needs to improve upon can be learned and developed as he grows as a player ... More than just a highlight reel type player, Aminu would be a great fit on a team that wants to run and gun, or a team that lacks athleticism at the forward position ... His defensive and rebounding abilities make his stock higher than those players who may be more skilled at this point in time ... His versatility on defense, energy and athleticism on offensive, and tremendous upside should make Aminu a surefire lottery pick in June...

Sure he looks ugly but the warriors need a defensive minded Sf and since we like to play small ball he can see some time at the 4.He doesnt create his own shots well enough but there are alot of players on the warriors who can do that so Al will be a role player for the team in his first couple of years.

PaperClip
05-29-2010, 03:28 AM
Hm, this will be a reach for my pick, but the Clippers really do have a crowded front court. My pick will be...

http://www.thehoopsreport.com/images/babbitt.jpg

Nice combine results, both athletics-wise and shooting-wise. Great shooter in college (50/40/90 club!), which is something the Clips need. It was a tossup between him or George, but I decided to go with the more proven college player.

Rowe
05-29-2010, 10:02 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/228156/30159_Texas_St_Texas_Basketball.jpg

Jazz select PG/SG Avery Bradley.

Utah could go with another SG, a SF, a PF, or a C due to their roster depth right now, but what they really need is an X-Factor like Bradley. Utah hasn't really had a good 6th Man in years, in terms of a guy who you can bring off the bench and contribute with scoring instead of the offense running through only Williams and Boozer. Bradley could actually end up starting by the end of the season at SG, he brings great defense considering he was ranked the top defensive backcourt player coming out of HS. Bradley has the versatility to sub in for Williams to let Williams rest as well as to pick up some of the scoring so Williams can focus on just being a PG rather than having to score most of the points almost every night. Utah needs that 3rd scoring option every team has and Bradley would be it.

Bradley allows Utah to go with a smaller finesse lineup with Matthews or Miles at the 3 playing a more uptempo style with Kirilenko playing minutes at the 4 like he did several years ago.

el gringos
05-29-2010, 11:42 AM
As a nugs fan I am worried about the jazz getting avery bradley or motiejunas- nugs and everyone else already have enough problems with dwill if they had bradley too that would be a real problem to defend- good pick

Rowe
05-29-2010, 11:46 AM
As a nugs fan I am worried about the jazz getting avery bradley or motiejunas- nugs and everyone else already have enough problems with dwill if they had bradley too that would be a real problem to defend- good pick
Pretty much.

The only way to beat Utah is to limit their role players, Boozer and Williams will get their points and make their impact but they dont have anyone else who can consistently carry the rest of the scoring load.

WhySoInsecure?
05-29-2010, 03:17 PM
The Jazz are about to lose their best big man, have 2nd round picks playing the wings and they draft Bradley? In one of the best big man draft classes?

Babbit is a REACH.

InspiredLebowski
05-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Pacers pick Ekpe Udoh.

I'll fill in the reasoning later, kinda busy right now, just keeping this moving.

CLTHornets4eva
05-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Hornets will definately go for a big, and I think Orton will be good, def. better than the 6'9" Aldrich. But since he is still available and he has the raw potential of a top 5 pick i will go with:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0d1h8DN7efgtB/340x.jpg

qrich
05-29-2010, 08:52 PM
With the 12th overall selection, the Memphis Grizzlies select Paul George from Fresno State University.

With Rudy Gay being an unknown, the Grizzlies draft his potential replacement, and George can be brought along slowly, playing inbetween Mayo & Randolph.

Sakkreth
05-30-2010, 02:49 AM
Toronto Raptors select PF Donatas Motiejunas
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/USA+v+Lithuania+2009+FIBA+U19+World+Championship+Q D5ZHpWiYrPl.jpg

With current situation I think Raptors should go with best talent aviable no matter the position, and i am lucky Motiejunas wasn't selected earlier (thought that he's gonna be picked by NOH)
He's impressive 7'0foot player with great skills. Left handed. He prefers play face to the goal. He plays great from the line to the basket. He can shot 3p, already has an impressive wingspan. He is a player very quick and coordinated for his height, allowing it to displace its defenders outside the area, and is capable of bounce and face their rivals, in one of his plays more common. Suffer in defense against players more physical, partly for lack of weight and upper body muscle. He must work hard on defense, in attitude and fundamentals.

Crystallas
05-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Tick-tock Raj Da Dodge.

Sticks
05-31-2010, 03:23 AM
With the 15th pick the Bucks select: Xavier Henry

http://new.kentuckysportsradio.com/wp-content/uploads//2009/04/henryxavier.jpg

With John Salmons most likely walking out the SG position is quite weak. Henry is a bit of a project but is a nice compliment to players like Bogut and Jennings with his abillity to knock down the outside jumpshot.

WhySoInsecure?
05-31-2010, 02:03 PM
Wolves select Cole Aldrich. He's a winner and should be a solid defender at the next level. Aldrich, Jefferson and Love should make for a great trio.

Crystallas
05-31-2010, 02:52 PM
The Bulls select SG James Anderson from Oklahoma State.

He's a heavy load offensive player that creates for himself and his teamates. His style is a mix of a young Clyde Drexler, and he has the NBA body to make an impact off the bench, with potential room to grow into a starting role for the Bulls.

Raj Da Dodge
05-31-2010, 04:49 PM
Aite here's my thing. I'll give yall a vote on who i think we should get, everyone knows we need a big, but knowing DM no we keep this pick thats what I think. He already said we're gonna go all out this summer, and the last time we had a lottery pick we traded it, so I mean there's a 90% chance we're not gonna have this pick. We might move up or move down. But knowing that we need a big, and knowing DM draft foreign players, I wouldn't be surprised if he got that one guy, montejunes. But I honestly don't think we should get him cuz of our past with foreign stars that are bigs. (except for yao). So if we DO keep this pick, I think we should and need to get Whiteside if he falls, I just saw his highlights and he was a beast at Marshall, but what I'm scared of is is he strong enough to handle bigs like dirk, boozer, bynum/gasol, etc...if he gets bigger and stronger, then he's perefect for us as a backup. My vote goes to Hassan Whiteside and DM will pick him if he falls to us, its just a matter of will we keep him/pick? thats the mystery of DM on draft day!

With the 14th pick the Rockets draft Hassan Whiteside from Marshall University!

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/archive/x300694216/g276258000000000000daf0034fe39bfc3d05aebb3cc13ab72 0bb8fb615.jpg

bballer
05-31-2010, 09:49 PM
Gordon Hayward. Butler

People may be wondering why I chose Hayward over Orton, but with the recent news coming out about him, I felt that it would be a good decision to have a known winner who can score on my team.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Greece+v+USA+2009+FIBA+U19+World+Championship+sSJm xbs7CWVl.jpg

sawyersauce
05-31-2010, 11:56 PM
With the 20th Pick - San Antonio selects Patrick Patterson.

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/ch13s/patpat.jpg

I'm not really sold on any of the raw defensive bigs in this draft. I'd rather go with the sure thing, and Pat can step into the rotation straight away - replacing Bonner's expirer with toughness, a scoring option in the post, a solid mid-range shot and great IQ. His sound fundamentals and basketball smarts suit him well to the Spurs and his ability to step out, catch and shoot from mid and long-distance compliment Duncan. This pick should give the spurs frontcourt a nice 3 or 4 man rotation inside (between Duncan, Patterson, Blair and maybe Splitter) and allow the aging Dice to play a mentor's role. It leaves a little more size to be desired, but measuring at 6'8 barefoot and 6'9.25 in shoes and at 240 pound Pat is a legit NBA power-forward.

Crystallas
06-01-2010, 01:23 AM
Buff's PM box is full. Hope he checks in, its the Thunder's pick.

Buffalobraves
06-01-2010, 04:54 PM
With the 21st pick in the NBA draft the Oklahoma City Thunder select...

Daniel Orton C, Kentucky

http://i49.tinypic.com/vgu6gx.jpg

Orton, who is from Oklahoma City, is a good fit for the Thunder. Even though he hasn't really proven himself in college to be a great NBA prospect, he definitely has potential to be a solid NBA center. Orton will get time right away with the Thunder and with his great athleticism and good post presence he should be able to at least make some impact especially on the defensive end.

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Green
Orton

Orton will provide the final piece to the young line up and if he could develop they would become serious title contenders.

Crystallas
06-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Aite here's my thing. I'll give yall a vote on who i think we should get, everyone knows we need a big, but knowing DM no we keep this pick thats what I think. He already said we're gonna go all out this summer, and the last time we had a lottery pick we traded it, so I mean there's a 90% chance we're not gonna have this pick. We might move up or move down. But knowing that we need a big, and knowing DM draft foreign players, I wouldn't be surprised if he got that one guy, montejunes. But I honestly don't think we should get him cuz of our past with foreign stars that are bigs. (except for yao). So if we DO keep this pick, I think we should and need to get Whiteside if he falls, I just saw his highlights and he was a beast at Marshall, but what I'm scared of is is he strong enough to handle bigs like dirk, boozer, bynum/gasol, etc...if he gets bigger and stronger, then he's perefect for us as a backup. My vote goes to Hassan Whiteside and DM will pick him if he falls to us, its just a matter of will we keep him/pick? thats the mystery of DM on draft day!

With the 14th pick the Rockets draft Hassan Whiteside from Marshall University!

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/archive/x300694216/g276258000000000000daf0034fe39bfc3d05aebb3cc13ab72 0bb8fb615.jpg

That kind of worked out. You were MIA, so I had to pull the trigger. I think he was the best fit available.

WhySoInsecure?
06-01-2010, 10:13 PM
T'wolves pick Elliot Williams.

hawksdogsbraves
06-02-2010, 02:02 AM
With the 24th pick in the NBA draft the Atlanta Hawks select....

Soloman Alabi, Florida St.

http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/solomon-alabi-fsu1.jpg

One of the biggest players in the draft, Alabi is a long true center who has the potential to be a high caliber defensive player in the league. He would add size and depth to the Hawks' thin frontcourt, despite being raw, and would be extremely useful against Dwight Howard, who always gives the Hawks trouble.

Alabi needs to put on weight and learn more about the game of basketball; he is very raw offensively and is a worse rebounder than he should be for his size.

He is charismatic and likable, is a great leaper for a man his size, and by all accounts has a good motor and runs the court well. He could contribute immediately off the bench, and if he turns out to be much better than projected, he could eventually give the Hawks an opportunity to trade either Josh Smith or Al Horford, who are both true PF's, for a star wing or guard.

qrich
06-02-2010, 02:16 AM
With the 25th pick, the Memphis Grizzlies go with a reach and take Eric Bledsoe from the University of Kentucky.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/11/08/amd_wildcats_eric_bledsoe.jpg

After taking Paul George earlier in the draft, the Grizzlies go with an offensive point guard who could fit in well with Ovinton J'Anthony Mayo and makes Mike Conley more expandable.

Bledsoe-Mayo-George-Randolph-Gasol
Conley-Carroll-Young-Brewer-Haddadi-Thabeet

With one more pick left in the draft and still possibly using Rudy Gay in a S&T

Sticks
06-02-2010, 04:40 AM
With the 24th pick in the NBA draft the Atlanta Hawks select....

Soloman Alabi, Florida St.

http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/solomon-alabi-fsu1.jpg

One of the biggest players in the draft, Alabi is a long true center who has the potential to be a high caliber defensive player in the league. He would add size and depth to the Hawks' thin frontcourt, despite being raw, and would be extremely useful against Dwight Howard, who always gives the Hawks trouble.

Alabi needs to put on weight and learn more about the game of basketball; he is very raw offensively and is a worse rebounder than he should be for his size.

He is charismatic and likable, is a great leaper for a man his size, and by all accounts has a good motor and runs the court well. He could contribute immediately off the bench, and if he turns out to be much better than projected, he could eventually give the Hawks an opportunity to trade either Josh Smith or Al Horford, who are both true PF's, for a star wing or guard.

Actually it could allow Josh Smith to move down to SF where he is more effective in my opinion. The frontcourt trio of Smith, Horford and a Defensiveminded center could prove pretty volatile.

Buffalobraves
06-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Thunder select:
Damion James SF/PF, Texas

http://i47.tinypic.com/2vmzgx5.jpg
Thunder get a great athlete off the bench to back up Durant. James brings good toughness and a high level of intensity. The dude is an absolute beast physically and would fit right in with the Thunder because of his commitment to defense when he plays.

takeittothehoop
06-02-2010, 09:10 PM
The New Jersey Nets select Jordan Crawford, SG Xavier

http://media.cleveland.com/sports/college_impact/photo/jordan-crawfordjpg-bd53774e19e2c8d7.jpg

Nets get a talented scorer who is going to give the Nets many more options on offense, New Jersey is pretty much set in the backourt now, with a nice group of Devin Harris, Douglas-Roberts, Courtney Lee and now Jordan Crawford. A fair bit of young talent there for the new HC to play with.

qrich
06-03-2010, 02:15 AM
Was out all day, but with the 28th pick in the 2010 NBA Draft, the Memphis Grizzlies select Kevin Seraphin from France.

http://www.nbadraft.net/files/images/kseraphin02.jpg

Grizzlies already have three young bigs, one of whom is real solid in Marc Gasol, but Seraphin seems to be highly touted and could stay overseas for another year to further develop his game and give the Grizzlies a chance to really evaluate Thabeet & Haddadi.

Bledsoe-Mayo-George-Randolph-Gasol
Conley-Carroll-Young-Brewer-Haddadi-Thabeet-Seraphin + whatever happens with Rudy Gay.

I do find it funny that NBADraft.net changed the Grizzlies 25th pick from someone to Bledsoe from when I checked it to see who was left to now :oldlol:

Crystallas
06-03-2010, 04:58 AM
Wow, almost done with the first round :)

TBH, this fan-mock draft seems a great deal more logical than any site that I have seen.

bballer
06-03-2010, 10:09 AM
dang i got picks 41,42 and 48

Crystallas
06-04-2010, 03:33 AM
dang i got picks 41,42 and 48

Build a dynasty!

takeittothehoop
06-04-2010, 09:46 AM
With their 3rd pick in the draft, the New Jersey Nets select Gani Lawal, PF Georgia Tech.
http://strotty.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/lawal.jpg

The Nets strengthen their frontcourt again with the addition of Derrick Favours teammate at Georgia Tech, Gani Lawal. Adding these two to play alongside Brook Lopez will hopefully give the Nets a true inside presence. Favours and Lawal should already have a bit of chemistry together which will only help build teamwork.

Strengths: Lawal is a relentless player in the post with great potential ... He is a big time athlete with combination of a great body, huge wingspan (7’0’’) and excellent motor ... Has great footwork for a big man and runs the floor extremely hard ... Offensively, his game is based on his strength under the basket with putbacks, rebounds and hook shoots (shows solid touch with his right hand) and he does a great job at holding down his position ... Good finisher around the rim. If he catches the ball in the post and decides to turn around for a jump-shot, he will most likely try to shoot it off the glass ... Likes to play a physical game and is very hard to stop if he caches the ball on the low-post ... Has ability to get his defenders in the air and draw fouls ... Lawal possesses soft hands and he is very explosive player off the ground when he catches the ball in the paint or going for a rebound ... Solid passer inside the post with good vision ... Defensively, Lawal does excellent job at holding down his position on the post and using his body ... He has great timing for blocking shoots and rebounding the ball (his long arms make him a good rebounder as well) ... It’s very difficult to shoot over Lawal due to his long arms, and if he doesn’t block shots he can alter them ... Hard working kid with great attitude and effort on the court ... Has the type of frame and body that should allow for significantly more weight ...

Weaknesses: Right now, Lawal is raw and very limited offensively and needs to work on his low post game (he needs a go-to move) ... Has troubles putting the ball on the floor and making moves (commits a high number of travels) ... Lawal must work on his outside shot as well as free-throws (.541 FT %) ... His shot doesn’t have good mechanics and he doesn’t feel comfortable shooting the ball ... It will be interesting to see if he improves his outside game and learns how to beat his defenders off the dribble (it would make him very difficult player to guard at the next level). Lacks experience ... Will commit some cheap fouls and get into unnecessary foul trouble

Buffalobraves
06-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Thunder select Willie Warren SG, Oklahoma

http://i47.tinypic.com/bwpjs.jpg
Thunder take warren to gain some guard depth. Warren had a disappointing sophmore season but the guy is a great scorer. His defense is a bit lacking but I think coach Brooks could fix that.

sak
06-04-2010, 09:30 PM
gimme time. was hopin on warner or bledsoe slippin. need to re evaluate. lol

sak
06-04-2010, 09:48 PM
with the 33rd pick in the 2010 draft. The Sacramento kings select Greivis vasques.

http://shell-games.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Greivis-Vasquez.jpg

The i think The Sac GM will try and mov thins pick. The kings need help at the gurd spot and bigs. with cousins already drafted we look to the guards.

Evens is playing the point and the team seems content that way. so you would think we need a 2guard.

I would have liked willie warner or at this spot but greivis has some very good court vision and a good 3 point shoot. those things are what u really want aroung a very good combo guard like Evens. some one that can spot shoot if evens is dominanting the ball with dribble drives and kicks. or stand back and help control the game with good passing and decision making. He could be a solid point in the nba.

will he ever be dominant probably not. but does he has the posibility of filling a role in the guard spot off the bench. definantly.

givin the kings very good salery cap position. we can pick up a vet that can play solid in this role if Greivis doesnt pan out. but if you can pick up a good back up like greivis in the second round. gooood stuff.

Crystallas
06-05-2010, 04:38 AM
I'm sorry for the delay in forcing picks out, for users who are past their draft window. Most everyone has been very good about this, almost ahead of the pack.

I had 2 picks, switched out of order, and that may have cause confusion. Thats why I'm giving someone a fresh clock.

The 2nd round has been pretty interesting so far. I bid everyone good luck to finding players that can contribute, in this weaker than normal draft.

Da KO King
06-05-2010, 10:16 AM
I like the James Anderson to Chicago pick. Think it works well for both parties.

The Big Skinny
06-05-2010, 08:02 PM
My bad i was on a trip and did not have access to the internet....did you skip my pick?

Crystallas
06-06-2010, 12:34 AM
My bad i was on a trip and did not have access to the internet....did you skip my pick?

Brujesino is up. he has a few hours left, then its your pick.

Brujesino
06-06-2010, 12:53 AM
With the 34th pick the warriors select

Gani Lawal
Gets his points off putbacks and some post game(hook shots) something we need since biedrins doesnt have a post game

Also a very good rebounder,shot blocker and man DEFENDER.

With my 2 picks for the warriors i have selected a SF and PF who can play uptempo dont need much offense to impact the team right now, we will get 2 players that can come in play defense and run the floor

Sakkreth
06-06-2010, 06:44 AM
[QUOTE=takeittothehoop]With their 3rd pick in the draft, the New Jersey Nets select Gani Lawal, PF Georgia Tech.

The Nets strengthen their frontcourt again with the addition of Derrick Favours teammate at Georgia Tech, Gani Lawal. Adding these two to play alongside Brook Lopez will hopefully give the Nets a true inside presence. Favours and Lawal should already have a bit of chemistry together which will only help build teamwork.

Strengths: Lawal is a relentless player in the post with great potential ... He is a big time athlete with combination of a great body, huge wingspan (7

boozehound
06-06-2010, 12:17 PM
anyone want to update the draft in its entirety for me?

Brujesino
06-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Same palyer cannot be selected by two teams :lol

goddamn it!!!!1

i looked at the first page to make sure nobody picked him.....guess ill have to pick again

this make take a while

edit-his pick was only 3-4 posts above me,fail on my part

Brujesino
06-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Samardo Samuels
http://www.interbasket.net/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/samardo-samuels.jpg
he is very strong and has some decent offensive post game but is a little undersized

The Big Skinny
06-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Has Larry Sanders been taken? if not

PUT EM ON THE BOARD!

Crystallas
06-07-2010, 03:45 AM
Has Larry Sanders been taken? if not

PUT EM ON THE BOARD!

He is available. Nice pick. A lot of people slept on Larry. He should be one of the few 2nd rounders(in this draft) that doesn't go to D-League his rookie year.

Sticks
06-07-2010, 06:43 AM
With their first second round pick the Bucks select Keith "Tiny" Gallon.
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/125802/picture7zox.png

The Bucks are quite weak in the front-court behind Andrew Bogut. Mbah a Moute is not a guy you can rely on for scoring inside. Gallon can provide a big body off the bench who can both bang inside and provide scoring from range opening up the paint for Bogut to work with and providing a nice High/Low post offense.

He comes from a good program in Oak Hill and has chemistry with Jennings. He's also shown a nice work attitude getting his weight down and getting in shape and if he can get that weight down even more he can certainly be an impact player off the bench. He provides solid rebounding effort which the Bucks can certainly use. He is not a solid defender yet but can certainly become servicable under Scott Skiles.

Crystallas
06-08-2010, 04:00 AM
Knicks GM no-show for the 2 picks.

38 Knicks -Darington Hobson
39 Knicks - Craig Brackins

WhySoInsecure?
06-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Knicks GM no-show for the 2 picks.

38 Knicks -Elliot Williams
39 Knicks - Craig Brackins
i already picked Elliot in the 1st round

Crystallas
06-08-2010, 06:55 PM
i already picked Elliot in the 1st round

Ah, thats right. Fixed.

jlawdrummer
06-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Knicks picker here...possible for me to change the picks? Nearly forgot about this, it got so slow moving. We started this 3 weeks ago?!

If I can change, I want Jarvis Varnado and Mikhail Torrance

The Knicks need a shot-blocker on this team, even if he is wispy thin. He'll be a presence off the bench, and fills a HUGE need. As for Torrance, Mikhail is a nice PG type of guy that I'd like a lot at this pick. Definitely worth the chance here in the 2nd.

Thanks!

InspiredLebowski
06-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Lots, lots of guys I like on the board still. I won't name names, but there's at least 4 guys I'd welcome to the Indy roster. Hell there's going to be a lot of undrafted guys that may make rosters, this is a deep draft on rotation guys.

I'm gonna take Stanley Robinson, F, UConn. Outta this world athlete with a blossoming face up offensive game. Versatile defender, can guard a number of the combo forwards in the league today. Huge amount of upside for a second rounder that's just too much to pass up.

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/NCAA+Basketball+Tournament+Second+Round+Philadelph ia+2K_GC5Beei5l.jpg

AJ Price and Stanley Robinson reunite for all kinds of alleyoops. Jeff Adrien continues to be sad.

bballer
06-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Pick 41-Matt Bouldin

Pick 42-Luke Harangody

spoonhoops
06-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Hobson is the steal of the second round

WhySoInsecure?
06-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Art Parakhouski for the t'wovles

Sticks
06-10-2010, 02:09 AM
With the 47th pick the Bucks select USF's Dominique Jones

http://content.draftexpress.com/gallery/DominiqueJones/1272379530.jpg

With Ridnour possibly walking out the bucks could use some depth at the guard position. Jones provides nice size and has great wingspan which will allow him to play both guard spots on offense and defense. He could stand to work on his dribble, especially his left and his jumpshot is slow and lacks a little range. He is quite strong though logging in at 19 reps on the bench press.

He is aggresive off the dribble and looks to attack, he needs to learn to keep his head up though in order not to get himself caught in trouble in the lane and force a bad shot/pass resulting in a turn-over. His strength though allows him to finish through contact and draw fouls and allows him to knock smaller defenders aside as he drives by them. On the point guard position he's shown he can setup both in the half-court and run the break and he's a willing passer.

His main upside is his defense though, he is unrelenting with great footwork and the drive to match it. He's willing to step up and take charges and will get right up into the opposing players chest and uses his size and long arms to bother shots and his strength to create awkward driving angles. He's a fairly decent rebounding guard as well which allows him to quickly ignite fast breaks.

TLDR: An exciting young prospect at the guard spot who I think can be one of the steals of this Mock Draft. Certainly able to contribute right off the bench with both scoring and defensive stopping power.

InspiredLebowski
06-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Are we gonna vote on the Heat or what?

Crystallas
06-11-2010, 10:21 PM
At this point, I don't care. Too many rummors of players pulling out of the draft, so this isn't a very good mock =/

If you have a pick, go for it.

InspiredLebowski
06-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Nah, I don't really know, just wanted to see what kinda guards people thought'd last until #57.

I do think Latavious Wiliams, the PF from the D-League that skipped college would be a solid fit for Miami though. Somewhat like a more athletic Udonis Haslem.

Crystallas
06-12-2010, 01:31 AM
Yeah, it would be nice to see some gems, but this draft is just too weak. Every team out of the lottery is really grinding it out, to find a solid bench player.

InspiredLebowski
06-12-2010, 01:38 AM
Yeah, it would be nice to see some gems, but this draft is just too weak. Every team out of the lottery is really grinding it out, to find a solid bench player. I completely disagree. This is certainly a draft that's weak on franchise altering talent. There's literally not one that I see as a surefire franchise player. Wall certainly can, Cousins can if he takes his Paxil. Turner's a very, very nice piece, but I can't ever see him being a #1 on a contending team. Maybe Favors if he learns how to actually play ball.

However, this draft is VERY deep on rotational players. I suppose there could end up being some 2nd round Euro gems that get stashed for a few years and turn into something like Shved and Bjelica, but there're some very solid pieces on the board, guys like Trevor Booker, Lazar Hayward, Dexter Pittman, Derrick Caracter, etc etc. These aren't game changers, but all of them have the chance to be very good contributors. Frankly as much as the one and done rule's done to hurt the game in regards to gambling in the lotto and top of the first, I absolutely love what it's done by pushing legit NBA players into the second round.

sawyersauce
06-12-2010, 02:52 AM
It's been about 2 days waiting for the Heat, so I'm just going to pick for the Spurs.

- Nemanja Bjelica

I've only seen highlights and read scouting reports. But he seems like the sort of player San Antonio would lean towards - He fills a position of need (SF) and we can add him to our trove of oversea projects. From what I've seen/read he looks like a super-versatile Lamar Odom type. He has an intriging combination of size (6'10) and point-guard skills, ie ballhandling, court vision, passing. He has decent range on his jumpshot which should allow him to fill both wing-positions. And at Eurobasket 09, he did an excellent job of using his size and strength to seal low against mismatched defenders.

PaperClip
06-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Yo, what happened to this thread? :confusedshrug:

takeittothehoop
06-25-2010, 12:42 AM
Bumping this to announce that I got both my picks for the Nets correct. I mock drafted both Favous and Crawford who were both drafter by the Nets in the real draft.

Yeah, *******.