PDA

View Full Version : Sofoklis Schortsanitis Will Sign With Clippers

Lakas Fan Yo
05-07-2010, 05:11 AM
Sofo's agent said he will sign a 3 year $8 million contract with the Clippers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrs4rGBMlbw

Go Getter
05-07-2010, 05:24 AM
And if he doesn't pan out it will be due to the fact that the NBA is biased againgst euro players right?:oldlol:

EastCaliChillin
05-07-2010, 05:25 AM
Wow the guy is a ox. Oversea version of Shaq

EDIT. Wow he's undersized and athletic as shiit. I don't see this guy doing anything in the NBA

Lakas Fan Yo
05-07-2010, 05:28 AM
And if he doesn't pan out it will be due to the fact that the NBA is biased againgst euro players right?:oldlol:

The NBA is only biased against white European players. They love the black Europeans. They are racist.

beermonsteroo
05-07-2010, 05:28 AM
I don't think he can have a real impact on the NBA.
He will be something like a 20mpg 7ppg 6rpg 1bpg guy.

AJ2k8
05-07-2010, 05:37 AM
Clips are my team in live 11:lol

InspiredLebowski
05-07-2010, 05:37 AM
Haven't we known this for like 2 months?

kNIOKAS
05-07-2010, 05:38 AM
career ending injury. book it

Go Getter
05-07-2010, 05:45 AM
The NBA is only biased against white European players. They love the black Europeans. They are racist.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Go Getter
05-07-2010, 05:47 AM
I have my doubts but I won't short change him with the way he man handled us that year in the Olympics.

oh the horror
05-07-2010, 05:56 AM
The greek shaq? Are they serious? I see this man as being nothing more than a Ronny Turiaf clone. A decent role playing big body off the bench that might be able to produce some high energy plays. Nothing too crazy in actual games though.

Living Being
05-07-2010, 06:04 AM
Fat guys usually don't do well in the NBA, especially if they are under 7'1".

Lakas Fan Yo
05-07-2010, 06:04 AM
I have my doubts but I won't short change him with the way he man handled us that year in the Olympics.

You never get anything right.

Lakas Fan Yo
05-07-2010, 06:05 AM
The greek shaq? Are they serious? I see this man as being nothing more than a Ronny Turiaf clone. A decent role playing big body off the bench that might be able to produce some high energy plays. Nothing too crazy in actual games though.

Rony Turiaf? You are obviously someone that has never seen Sofo play. You could not have picked a player less like him if your life depended on it.

Lakas Fan Yo
05-07-2010, 06:06 AM
Wow the guy is a ox. Oversea version of Shaq

EDIT. Wow he's undersized and athletic as shiit. I don't see this guy doing anything in the NBA

6-10 315 with a 7-2 wingspan is "undersized"? What planet do you live on?

Lakas Fan Yo
05-07-2010, 06:06 AM
Fat guys usually don't do well in the NBA, especially if they are under 7'1".

He only has 8% body fat.

InspiredLebowski
05-07-2010, 06:07 AM
He only has 8% body fat.
And you have no biases.

Lakas Fan Yo
05-07-2010, 06:08 AM
And you have no biases.

The Clippers had a scout measure his body fat. It was 8%.

As for your "insights", I have yet to see you ever post one thing that was not wrong on this forum. You don't know anything at all about the game of basketball. You are just one of many trolls.

InspiredLebowski
05-07-2010, 06:09 AM
The Clippers had a scout measure his body fat. It was 8%.

As for your "insights", I have yet to see you ever post one thing that was not wrong on this forum. You don't know anything at all about the game of basketball. You are just one of many trolls.
Prove the 8% body fat.

Lakas Fan Yo
05-07-2010, 06:11 AM
Prove the 8% body fat.

Prove you are a not a retarded jackass.

Go Getter
You never get anything right.

This isn't the big greek fellow that killed team USA at the Olympics or the Int'l games or whatever?

I can't see the vid I'm just assuming.

Goodness! You are one angry little fellow....calm down man we're only taking basketball it should be something that gets you so uptight and offended.

InspiredLebowski
Another made up Lakas Fan Yo fact?

Go Getter
05-07-2010, 06:13 AM

See man there is no reason for all of that disrespect.

When you say something/make a claim people like to have sources sometimes.

That is all...show us where you get your info from so we can have an adult discussion about it.

Or continue to make unfounded claims and insult everyone that tries to post with you.

makes me no difference...

CeoTypeDoe619
05-07-2010, 06:16 AM
He only has 8% body fat.
:oldlol: @ 8 percent This guy is fatter then shaq ever was! I would say body fat is between 25 and 30

Go Getter
05-07-2010, 06:17 AM

:roll:

That is a gem right there.

JtotheIzzo
05-07-2010, 07:21 AM
8% body fat...lol:roll:

AJ2k8
05-07-2010, 08:02 AM
http://clipperblog.com/2009/08/

Was only reported that he had 8% body fat...:confusedshrug:

Edit: When he was above 350 he said he wanted to get to 340lbs(12% body fat) and now is supposed to be 300-320lbs...

InspiredLebowski
05-07-2010, 08:10 AM

Edit: When he was above 350 he said he wanted to get to 340lbs(12% body fat) and now is supposed to be 300-320lbs... That 8% link goes to an ISH Lakas Fan Yo thread from 9 months ago

chains5000
05-07-2010, 08:15 AM
That 8% link goes to an ISH Lakas Fan Yo thread from 9 months ago
lol

Bosnian Sajo
05-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Huge fan right here, although I don't see him doing very well...no matter, will still root for him :rockon:

Lakas Fan Yo
05-07-2010, 09:10 AM
He's muscle, not fat.

http://i31.tinypic.com/1zmlddv.jpg
http://www.sportsnet.ca/analytics/2009/09/20/10_640.jpg

and he's nowhere near to as fat as Shaq is.

http://www.sport.it/fnts/sport/immagini/550x413/AP091012028386-10038311.jpg

R.I.P.
05-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Yeah he

Go Getter
05-07-2010, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Yeah he

vinsane01
05-07-2010, 09:55 AM
The red letters are annoying and hurts the eyes. STOP please.

HylianNightmare
05-07-2010, 10:40 AM
This is great news with griffin and kaman starting hopefully the sofo can come off the bench backing up either of the bigs and show everyone what he's got, will be looking for his jersey when he's over here

fefe
05-07-2010, 10:43 AM
This is great news with griffin and kaman starting hopefully the sofo can come off the bench backing up either of the bigs and show everyone what he's got, will be looking for his jersey when he's over here

Well they have DeAndre Jordan too, so it won't be easy for Sofo to get on the court.

The_Yearning
05-07-2010, 11:10 AM
He sucks. Everything he did in that video was a damn foul. He won't even average 1.5 blocks a game in the NBA.

Tito Beasley
05-07-2010, 11:19 AM
this BETTER not be true, i swear to god if we waste cap space on this scrub-in-the-making i will be down at the clipper front offices and literally punching someone, john paxson style.

R.I.P.
05-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Rashard Lewis say "hi."

Yeah and he got two weeks. That is nothing. In other sports you get two years.

playtetris
05-07-2010, 02:05 PM

what a twisted web he weaves

Pharcyde
05-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Yeah and he got two weeks. That is nothing. In other sports you get two years.
Shawne Merriman got 4 games.

LJJ
05-07-2010, 02:15 PM

This is a gem right here.

Lakas Fan creating fact.

bdreason
05-07-2010, 03:07 PM
The racist NBA where 3 of the last 6 league MVP's were 'white' foreigners. :applause:

I doubt this guy gets much PT unless someone gets hurt... which is def a possibility with the Clips. :oldlol:

bdreason
05-07-2010, 03:09 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

PaperClip
05-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Where is the link to this, Lakas?

qrich
05-07-2010, 03:12 PM

C'mon man, you obviously don't know squat! Sofoklis is 10 TIMES the player Kaman & Camby can ever DREAM of being. Idiot!

StroShow4
05-07-2010, 03:12 PM
The Clippers need to play DeAndre Jordan...

WhySoInsecure?
05-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Greece is burning down so he's running to the states, makes sense

qrich
05-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Have to say I'm glad Sofo will finally come over, but a 3 year contract is really pointless without seeing what he does in the summer league, unless the final 2 years are team options, which is what I'm guessing it is.

this BETTER not be true, i swear to god if we waste cap space on this scrub-in-the-making i will be down at the clipper front offices and literally punching someone, john paxson style.

Don't think Sofo's a scrub in the making, but just a slightly better version than Craig Smith with better size. I'm confident we'd all give Smith a 3 year/6-8 mil contract.

At best, Sofo will just backup Griffin, or battle with Rhino for the 2nd PF spot. DJ has C locked down.

YouGotServed
05-07-2010, 04:48 PM

Edit: When he was above 350 he said he wanted to get to 340lbs(12% body fat) and now is supposed to be 300-320lbs...

This right here is one of the funniest shit I've ever read in a long time.

ISH: he's fat
Lakas fan yo: he's 8% body fat you racist.
ISH: prove it

then some poster goes on to post a link which leads back to an old lakas fan yo thread. :roll: :roll:

oh the horror
05-07-2010, 04:52 PM
C'mon man, you obviously don't know squat! Sofoklis is 10 TIMES the player Kaman & Camby can ever DREAM of being. Idiot!

Im going to assume this is sarcasm. Seeing as how this man hasnt stepped foot onto an NBA court, you're already declaring that.....seriously?

qrich
05-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Im going to assume this is sarcasm. Seeing as how this man hasnt stepped foot onto an NBA court, you're already declaring that.....seriously?

Yeah it was sarcasm, I was just copying what Lakas always says.

beasted86
05-07-2010, 05:17 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Quata
05-07-2010, 07:54 PM
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss146/kobeowen131/gshaqclips.jpg
credit to kb24idb

Tito Beasley
05-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Don't think Sofo's a scrub in the making, but just a slightly better version than Craig Smith with better size. I'm confident we'd all give Smith a 3 year/6-8 mil contract.

I guess it's not so much about the guy himself, just the idea of that being the clippers big move this summer "we brought over sofo!" as if that's something to get excited about. i personally don't see the guy's game translating into anything effective. I HOPE I'm wrong but at this point I don't see it. I know he's built like Craig Smith but I think Craig is a lot niftier around the basket. Sofo looks so bumbling, this guy is gonna be a foul machine on both ends of the court I think. I mean if they can sign him for 2 million with a team option and it DOESNT interfere with the pursuit of quality NBA free agents then sure why not i guess but i'm really not counting on this move itself to bring much change to the clippers.

EroticVanilla
05-07-2010, 08:18 PM
I watched the FIBA semi-finals game and I was pretty impressed with Sofo, he's a f*cking tank. I agree with the people who are skeptical about him in the NBA though, FIBA refs allow more physical play then the NBA, so he would most likely be foul prone, though I wouldn't mind him on the Celtics as a back-up big.

DuMa
05-07-2010, 08:24 PM
clips already have rhino.... wtf man!

Scoooter
05-07-2010, 08:27 PM
That guy's huge. I can't imagine his knees putting up with that for much longer.

Then again, some guys are just freaks like that.

qrich
05-07-2010, 08:35 PM
I guess it's not so much about the guy himself, just the idea of that being the clippers big move this summer "we brought over sofo!" as if that's something to get excited about. i personally don't see the guy's game translating into anything effective. I HOPE I'm wrong but at this point I don't see it. I know he's built like Craig Smith but I think Craig is a lot niftier around the basket. Sofo looks so bumbling, this guy is gonna be a foul machine on both ends of the court I think. I mean if they can sign him for 2 million with a team option and it DOESNT interfere with the pursuit of quality NBA free agents then sure why not i guess but i'm really not counting on this move itself to bring much change to the clippers.

Well yeah, if this is the key move this summer, then I'm going to be really pissed off. LeBron, Amare and Bosh might be pipedreams, but there are plenty of other options as well to make this a good one.

clips already have rhino.... wtf man!

Rhino + Sofo in the paint playing 3-2 zone defense. Have fun driving in :oldlol:

Lakas Fan Yo
05-07-2010, 09:15 PM
At the Euroleague Final Four Sofo was interviewed about the NBA and his current weight.

He said he will play in the NBA with the Clippers as long as everything goes as is planned now by him and the Clips. He also said his current weight is 298 pounds.

That is 56 pounds less than he weighed when he had that good game against team USA. So clearly, despite what some idiots here claim, the guy is in decent shape now.

They also said that Sofo is now able to run for 18-20 minutes without stopping now and before it was only 10 minutes

Go Getter
05-07-2010, 09:45 PM
At the Euroleague Final Four Sofo was interviewed about the NBA and his current weight.

He said he will play in the NBA with the Clippers as long as everything goes as is planned now by him and the Clips. He also said his current weight is 298 pounds.

That is 56 pounds less than he weighed when he had that good game against team USA. So clearly, despite what some idiots here claim, the guy is in decent shape now.

They also said that Sofo is now able to run for 18-20 minutes without stopping now and before it was only 10 minutes

Still hasn't cited any sources....

"they":roll:

twolvesfan
05-09-2010, 04:27 PM
This right here is one of the funniest shit I've ever read in a long time.

ISH: he's fat
Lakas fan yo: he's 8% body fat you racist.
ISH: prove it

then some poster goes on to post a link which leads back to an old lakas fan yo thread. :roll: :roll:
Watching big sofo right now no way he is at 8% body fat, he is still pretty fat and tubby

thehoop
05-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Hi guys,

i'm the editor of the Hoop and I wrote the article here:
http://thehoop.blogspot.com/2010/05/big-sofos-agent-says-he-is-ready-for.html

It's basically an interview of Schortsanitis' agent who says that he is ready for the NBA. A few things about Sofo(as we call him in Greece). His body fat percentage was 8%(or close to that) back in 2006. After that it skyrocketed to a number I can't imagine when he put on so much weight that he couldn't even play for 2-3 minutes without asking to be changed.

Sofo's problem wasn't his food but the peoeple around him that were "consulting" him that led him "astray" on more than one occasions.

Nowadays he is very close to the shape that he was back in 2006 but he literally lost 3 years doing absolutely nothing. He put his body under too much strain and lost 3 years that he could have been working on his physical condition.

He has very good awareness of the game but he can only play in the low post. He's got a decent shooting form for a big guy but he's slightly better than Shaq when it comes to free throws.

Sofo needs someone to be constantly working with him and then he can actually perform quite well. He's not at 8% at the moment.. he'd wish. People are amazed that he hasn't had a serious injury yet, a testament to his gifted natural physique. I think he could actually play for 2-3 seasons in the NBA, perhaps even more if he becomes more of an athlete rather than a celebrity.

YouGotServed
05-10-2010, 04:15 PM
You're not Lakas fan yo right?

PAOK
05-10-2010, 04:36 PM
why is everyone so obssesed with his body fat?? its just a number

sofo is a very strong player who is fit enough to play for 15 mins... thats all... does it really matter if his bodyfat is 8% or 18% ??

YouGotServed
05-10-2010, 04:44 PM
why is everyone so obssesed with his body fat?? its just number

sofo is a very strong player who is fit enough to play for 15 mins... thats all... does it really matter if his bodyfat is 8% or 18% ??

*facepalm*

bdreason
05-10-2010, 04:44 PM
why is everyone so obssesed with his body fat?? its just number

Nobody actually cares what his body fat is, we just like fukcing with lakas fan yo because he's a moron and constantly makes shyt up with no sources.

thehoop
05-10-2010, 04:45 PM
It matters when you're as big as Sofo.. he could play for longer provided he lost a lot of unnecessary weight. It's not good for him in all sorts of ways..

Lakas Fan Yo
05-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Hi guys,

i'm the editor of the Hoop and I wrote the article here:
http://thehoop.blogspot.com/2010/05/big-sofos-agent-says-he-is-ready-for.html

It's basically an interview of Schortsanitis' agent who says that he is ready for the NBA. A few things about Sofo(as we call him in Greece). His body fat percentage was 8%(or close to that) back in 2006. After that it skyrocketed to a number I can't imagine when he put on so much weight that he couldn't even play for 2-3 minutes without asking to be changed.

Sofo's problem wasn't his food but the peoeple around him that were "consulting" him that led him "astray" on more than one occasions.

Nowadays he is very close to the shape that he was back in 2006 but he literally lost 3 years doing absolutely nothing. He put his body under too much strain and lost 3 years that he could have been working on his physical condition.

He has very good awareness of the game but he can only play in the low post. He's got a decent shooting form for a big guy but he's slightly better than Shaq when it comes to free throws.

Sofo needs someone to be constantly working with him and then he can actually perform quite well. He's not at 8% at the moment.. he'd wish. People are amazed that he hasn't had a serious injury yet, a testament to his gifted natural physique. I think he could actually play for 2-3 seasons in the NBA, perhaps even more if he becomes more of an athlete rather than a celebrity.

He weighs 56 pounds less now than he did in 2006. Get your facts right.

gts
05-11-2010, 08:20 PM
He weighs 56 pounds less now than he did in 2006. Get your facts right.
he's still an overweight euro pig.. stick and apple in his mouth and he can be the guest of honor at a luau

YouGotServed
05-11-2010, 09:29 PM
he's still an overweight euro pig.. stick and apple in his mouth and he can be the guest of honor at a luau

Lakas Fan Yo
07-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Latest news is that Sofo might sign with Maroussi because he does not want to play in Spain. So since the two biggest Greek clubs don't want him right now then his next option is the third Greek club Maroussi.

hawkfan
07-28-2010, 02:31 PM
The Clippers need to sign Shaq, so they go with a twin towers of Sofo and Shaq.

dough
07-28-2010, 02:34 PM
lakas fan yo, clippers 10 mil/2 years? thats what you claimed.

boozehound
07-28-2010, 02:36 PM
lakas fan yo, clippers 10 mil/2 years? thats what you claimed.
well, to be fair, NoLinksYo! makes lots of outrageous claims that turn out to be completely false.

A.M.G.
07-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Wow, Sofo's still only 25 years old? Seems like people have been talking about him forever.

Obviously needs to lose some weight to keep up in the NBA, but he's at the very least a huge body, and he's a decent insurance policy for an injury to Kaman or Griffin.

qrich
07-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Latest news is that Sofo might sign with Maroussi because he does not want to play in Spain. So since the two biggest Greek clubs don't want him right now then his next option is the third Greek club Maroussi.

Sad, a guy thats 10 times better than a DPOY and All-Star NBA Centers can't even make the 14th man spot

Agent_Zero
07-28-2010, 06:11 PM
The Clippers need to play DeAndre Jordan...

I agree here...that guy has leaps and bounds of potential.