PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Garnett elbowed Q-Rich in Game 1. UPDATE: KG suspended one game

BarberSchool
04-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Quentin Richardson was approaching in peace to see if Paul Pierce was ok, and in an extremely immature and asenine act, Kevin Garnett threw a small push with his elbow at Quentin Richardson. They exchanged words, and Garnett then threw a second, hard, violent elbow shot towards Quentin Richardson's head and neck. This type of behavior is absolutely intolerable, and steps need to be taken to eliminate this type of disgusting, childish behavior from this postseason, and from the game as a whole.

It's extremely shameful for KG to still act this way at his age.

I feel the league should send a strong message and fine him $25,000.00 and suspend him for one game for each elbow shot thrown.

How many of you see nothing wrong with the first "elbow push", but think KG should be fined and suspended for the 2nd, violent elbow shot?

How many other posters agree that the league should make an example out of this type of disgusting, unnecessary behavior?

phoenix18
04-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Really?

I am going to have to check if anyone started a suspension thread when Kobe raped Battier and left him bloody in front of everyone.

BarberSchool
04-17-2010, 11:14 PM
I would also ask that everyone be respectful in this discussion, and we all can benefit from everyone's references evets they percieve as similar, opinions about suspensions in general, and the general tone that we might like to see as fans this postseason.

I for one think the league should take strong action, specifically against a player who has repeatedly done things that incite unnecessary conflict.

bada bing
04-17-2010, 11:15 PM
was horry suspended when he body checked nash into the boards hockey style a few years ago?

netsfan549
04-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Anybody here have a video?

plowking
04-17-2010, 11:16 PM
Two elbows to the face not in the heat of the game deserves a two game suspension.

Kobe Jnr
04-17-2010, 11:17 PM
When Pierce went down. And Richardson walked over to Pierce he must of said something to Pierce.. and Garnett was there sticking up for Pierce and that's when it all happened. Hopefully KG doesn't get suspended...

strifed169
04-17-2010, 11:18 PM
In the last video the refs show of it, they only show it one time, but it was a slowmotion angle caught looking up at KG when he was walking away fromk Richardson and you can clearly see him wind up his elbow, no one was holding him, he knew were Q was and his strike found its mark, what a snake.

Tito Beasley
04-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Mr. Garnett will not be appearing in game 2 of this series. I am very sure of that.

ILLsmak
04-17-2010, 11:21 PM
I think that he just deserves a fine. It was bull, but the Heat will get him back. Trust me... they are men, let them handle it.

He got tossed, but it was just unlucky timing that it wasn't at a part of the game where it mattered.

He didn't really do anything that was worthy of saying YOU ARE SUSPENDED. But if he gets suspended, I won't think it's unwarranted. I just don't think they will... probably end up getting a fine if anything.

-Smak

bl2k8
04-17-2010, 11:22 PM
was horry suspended when he body checked nash into the boards hockey style a few years ago?
2 games

airchibundo507
04-17-2010, 11:23 PM
One game? Nicca stern suspended Melo for 15 games. Garnett should miss 10.

Derek Zoolander
04-17-2010, 11:24 PM
Did any of you guys see Garnetrtt throw another cheap shot then back out of the pile really fast, living up to the reputation of a man who picks on smaller guys then runs away?

Pierce pretended to be hurt again too

Killbot
04-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Really?

I am going to have to check if anyone started a suspension thread when Kobe raped Battier and left him bloody in front of everyone.

It's Kobe. What do you expect? He almost always gets favoritism from the NBA.

sacredcow
If they suspended Dwight Howard for an elbow, they'll suspend Kevin "mommy didn't hug me enough" ***** *****.

BarberSchool
Correct me if i am mistaken, but did both these horrible plays occur on the field of play, with the clock running, and are therefore unfortuneately up for evaluation as per the intent of the actions of the players involved?

Really?

I beleive that while I personally find those 2 plays very suspicious at best and extremely poor sportsmanship and assault at worst, they still can be argued as things that may or may not have been actions that were incidental during game play.

Kevin garnett's actions were clearly not part of any regular game play or actions related to the game, they were clear signs of inciting conflict, and violent malice outside the field of play during a dead ball scenario.

This type of behavior is not subject to interpretation as to whether the player's intent was to serve a purpose in the game or field of play, it is completely ancillary and full of malice and violence.

At a bare minimum KG should be suspended 1 game, and if the league would like to send a strong message that it wants a clean, respectful postseason , a multi-game suspension is clearly the right course of action for the NBA league office to take upon this disgusting, and totally unnecessary behavior.

This type of behavior, displayed by Kevin Garnett, helps to undo much of the image that the NBA has worked so hard to achieve.

Derek Zoolander
When Pierce went down. And Richardson walked over to Pierce he must of said something to Pierce.. and Garnett was there sticking up for Pierce and that's when it all happened. Hopefully KG doesn't get suspended...
Richardson probably just asked pierce if he was faking another injury

BarberSchool
04-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Richardson probably just asked pierce if he was faking another injuryAlthough this is funny, i doubt Richardson said that. My guess is that he was genuinely concerned for Pierce's well being, as his body language looked peaceful and concerned.

lilo
04-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Two elbows to the face not in the heat of the game deserves a two game suspension.

It was not two, it was ten, all in the face and Richardson was taken away by the Ambulance :lol

kentatm
04-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Howard out for Game 6

The Orlando Magic will be without two starters in their next playoff game after the NBA announced Wednesday that Dwight Howard has been suspended for Thursday night's Game 6 in Philadelphia.

Howard received a one-game ban for an elbow he swung at the head of 76ers center Samuel Dalembert in Tuesday's Game 5, and like teammate Courtney Lee -- who was later felled by an unintentional Howard hit -- will be absent when the 76ers try to force a Game 7 in the teams' tight first-round series.

The Magic had been bracing for what was widely considered a certain suspension after video replays clearly showed Howard swiping at Dalembert's head.

Adding to the likelihood that Howard would receive at least a one-game ban was the fact that he was not ejected after the elbow, merely receiving a technical foul that allowed him to stay on the floor. Howard wound up totaling 24 points and a career playoff-best 24 rebounds to power Orlando to a 91-78 home win and nudge the Magic into a 3-2 series lead.

link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4112203)

This article makes me think that it may come down to if the NBA thinks the ejection was enough punishment for two elbows.

GatorKid117
04-17-2010, 11:31 PM
He will get suspended. They have to after Dwight's last year. It would be completely hypocritical not to.

And OP, you do not know if Richardson came over in peace, none of us do. For all we know he could have said, you want a wheelchair?

gyu
04-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Really?

That was Vujacic that left Battier bloody, but Kobe did get some dirty shots in on Battier as they were on the floor.

jasonresno
04-17-2010, 11:32 PM
I missed the game. Anyone got a video to the hit?

If he doesn't get suspended or even fined it wouldn't surprise me. Rondo threw Hinrich into the scorers table and got hi fived by the refs.

ZenMaster
04-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Really?

It's always about someone else..

Knoe Itawl
04-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Even if Richardson wasn't coming over to check on Pierce, I'm pretty sure that KGs reaction is frowned on by the league office.

At any rate, it wouldn't make sense for Richardson to make the effort to come all the way over there just to taunt Pierce for being down. Regardless of whatever "history" people are talking about, that just doesn't make sense.

thejumpa
04-17-2010, 11:36 PM
They need to chill on the BS suspensions. It was a lame ass elbow...caught Q in the chin. Big deal. Honestly, he deserved it if he came over there just to taunt Pierce while he was down. Dude was getting extra close....

It's the playoffs. Save the suspensions for something a little more serious.

west
04-17-2010, 11:37 PM
One game? Nicca stern suspended Melo for 15 games. Garnett should miss 10.
I'm amazed by your ability to bring Melo in every conversation.:lol

Kevin_Garnett_5
04-17-2010, 11:41 PM
They need to chill on the BS suspensions. It was a lame ass elbow...caught Q in the chin. Big deal. Honestly, he deserved it if he came over there just to taunt Pierce while he was down. Dude was getting extra close....

It's the playoffs. Save the suspensions for something a little more serious. This. Finally a non Celtic fan who isn't too blinded by hate too see the truth.

lilo
04-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Correct me if i am mistaken, but did both these horrible plays occur on the field of play, with the clock running, and are therefore unfortuneately up for evaluation as per the intent of the actions of the players involved?

I beleive that while I personally find those 2 plays very suspicious at best and extremely poor sportsmanship and assault at worst, they still can be argued as things that may or may not have been actions that were incidental during game play.

Kevin garnett's actions were clearly not part of any regular game play or actions related to the game, they were clear signs of inciting conflict, and violent malice outside the field of play during a dead ball scenario.

This type of behavior is not subject to interpretation as to whether the player's intent was to serve a purpose in the game or field of play, it is completely ancillary and full of malice and violence.

At a bare minimum KG should be suspended 1 game, and if the league would like to send a strong message that it wants a clean, respectful postseason , a multi-game suspension is clearly the right course of action for the NBA league office to take upon this disgusting, and totally unnecessary behavior.

This type of behavior, displayed by Kevin Garnett, helps to undo much of the image that the NBA has worked so hard to achieve.

And your statments will sound even more convincing if you start using even larger font.

phoenix18
04-17-2010, 11:42 PM

It's the playoffs. Save the suspensions for something a little more serious.

Finally,someone gets my point. When someone is hurt, the first thing anyone says is back up so that the trainers(in this case)/doctors/nurses/etc can get over there have space to do their jobs. Q kept getting closer and closer until he got shoulder to shoulder with KG and then decided to take another step. I'm watching the replay, asking myself, "where is he going?". He could have realistically gotten any closer to Pierce, and he couldn't have stepped over because there were people on the other side.

EroticVanilla
04-17-2010, 11:50 PM
People need to stop with this fake-ass outrage, Richardson was creeping up on the Celts bench and KG gave him a elbow-push then everything exploded. The way some people make it seem on here you'd think Richardson smashed in the face after glancing over at the Celtics bench.

Really I don't even see the big deal, all the video's I've seen of the 80's game were much more physical and prone to violence and it was IMO much more entertaining, now if you breath in someone airspace you get a double-t, it's bullshit.

People it's the National Basketball Association, not the National Bi*ch Association like some of you would like it to be, these are grown ****ing men who can handle themselves.

Knoe Itawl
04-17-2010, 11:52 PM
Finally,someone gets my point. When someone is hurt, the first thing anyone says is back up so that the trainers(in this case)/doctors/nurses/etc can get over there have space to do their jobs. Q kept getting closer and closer until he got shoulder to shoulder with KG and then decided to take another step. I'm watching the replay, asking myself, "where is he going?". He could have realistically gotten any closer to Pierce, and he couldn't have stepped over because there were people on the other side.

Nevethless, it's up to the refs to handle that. Not up to KG to swing at him. And anyway, like I said what sense does it make for Richardson to come all the way over there just to taunt Pierce while he's down?

Juges8932
04-17-2010, 11:53 PM

Um, IDK what Kobe you're watching. He gets called for technicals all the time and most certainly does not get preferential treatment from the refs. Of the superstars, the least. I believe the person you are looking for was LeBron.

thejumpa
04-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Q kept getting closer and closer until he got shoulder to shoulder with KG and then decided to take another step. I'm watching the replay, asking myself, "where is he going?".

I was thinking the same thing. If he said to KG "Yo I just want to make sure he's OK" I doubt KG would have acted like that. He was getting a little too close for comfort and probably was being a smart ass afterward. Afterward, he was staring down the court towards the C's and KG with a smirk on his face. He probably knows that KG is going to get suspended.

Gotta love the posters who blasted KG afterward like he stole their lunch money.

leopoldstotch
04-17-2010, 11:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEymT8g_6HY

before watching this video, i couldn't take sides between garnett and richardson, because i didn't see what happened, and i have to view it from different angles. after watching this video, i side with richardson and miami on this fracas. KG was the clear assailant.

50inchvertical
04-17-2010, 11:57 PM
If you have Nba TV, Q is explaining everything. He was telling Jermaine O'Neal that Pierce was faking, as he is known to do. Then he called KG and Pierce "actresses," referencing Pierce's tendency to fall down like he's going to need to go to the hospital over minor contact, be carried off the court, then come back 5 minutes later and for KG, obviously him acting all tough all the time but you'll notice he threw his elow, then ran out of there. And when Magloire was in front of him, all of a sudden he's quiet like a schoolgirl and wanted no trouble. Then once there was some space, back trash talking and dropping F bombs again.

phoenix18
04-17-2010, 11:59 PM
If you have Nba TV, Q is explaining everything. He was telling Jermaine O'Neal that Pierce was faking, as he is known to do. Then he called KG and Pierce "actresses," referencing Pierce's tendency to fall down like he's going to need to go to the hospital over minor contact, be carried off the court, then come back 5 minutes later and for KG, obviously him acting all tough all the time but you'll notice he threw his elow, then ran out of there. And when Magloire was in front of him, all of a sudden he's quiet like a schoolgirl and wanted no trouble. Then once there was some space, back trash talking and dropping F bombs again.
I turned off the TV.

If this is true, then this mofo deserved to get hit in the mouth.

Knoe Itawl
04-17-2010, 11:59 PM

I stand corrected on Q not coming over to pop trash. Still, KG overreacted. Just admitted it in the interview session.

artest 93
04-18-2010, 12:00 AM
:roll: dumb kids trying to justify elbows.

If you say there are instances where throwing elbows, especially when the ball is out of play, is OK, then so many more scenarios for elbows to be thrown. Elbows are not thrown without being punished, even if your mom had just died and someone said something offensive. It's simply not your job to deliver "justice".

KG WILL be suspended. Don't act surprise and victimized either.

04mzwach
04-18-2010, 12:02 AM
KG was in the middle of everything, so it wasn't really his fault. I think that's why he gave the second elbow. People were starting to crowd around him. Paul Pierce should of just fell somewhere else. Seriously, did he have to fall on the floor around the Heat bench? :lol

lakerHater
Should suspend Pierce too for faking!

KB2009Champ
hopefully this teaches PP to stop with his over exaggerations of being injured. smh.

i hope q rich was telling him to quit acting like a biatch lol

Kevin_Garnett_5
04-18-2010, 12:04 AM
hopefully this teaches PP to stop with his over exaggerations of being injured. smh.

i hope q rich was telling him to quit acting like a biatch lol Pierce got the last laugh after winning the game while Q-rich went home after getting elbowed.

50inchvertical
04-18-2010, 12:04 AM

He was, but according to him Pierce was talking to him too from the ground. KG knew who he was elbowing. That's why he SPRINTED away afterwards. You forget, both of those dudes are from Chicago so they know each other. How come KG wasn't so animated when Jamal MacGloire was in his face? He don't want no trouble all of a sudden? Dude is such a fake.

Kingwillball
04-18-2010, 12:05 AM

seriously he was laying on the ground like he had a separated shoulder or broken collarbone..:rolleyes:

leopoldstotch
because of that interview, Q may get a 1 game suspension for instigating garnett to throw the elbow. do you get a suspension for instigating a shoving match? :lol

thejumpa
How can you fake or exxagerate a shoulder stinger? Not only that, but what is the advantage of doing it in the 4th quarter with 40 seconds left?

04mzwach
04-18-2010, 12:06 AM
PP looked like a scared ***** after KG was ejected. Didn't he? :ohwell:

jasonresno
04-18-2010, 12:07 AM
KG is a ****in gorilla.

"Jesus"
LOL @ Garnett running away immediately after throwing the elbow.

Timmy D for MVP
A flagrant 2 is an automatic suspension right?

But they gave him two technicals. So what's the ruling?

Regardless at least one game suspensioni will happen but I expect 2-3. We'll see, it depends on who the league deems the one who started it.

Also I don't think I saw anyone out of line on Miami's bench or Boston's but we'll see what happens there too.

04mzwach
because of that interview, Q may get a 1 game suspension for instigating garnett to throw the elbow. do you get a suspension for instigating a shoving match? :lol
If you started it, yes.

Kumo
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/BentleyCntlGT/gifs/wu2laq.gif

Force
04-18-2010, 12:08 AM
KG started the whole thing...it didn't help that the refs called the game so badly against Miami that the Heat were "heated" and pissed off as well.

50inchvertical
04-18-2010, 12:08 AM
How can you fake or exxagerate a shoulder stinger? Not only that, but what is the advantage of doing it in the 4th quarter with 40 seconds left?
You lay on the ground like you are super hurt and make grimace faces. The advantage, you get a bit of extra rest because it delays the game, plus you get to look like a hero when you "miraculously" bounce back. It's not like he hasn't done it before. He was carried off the court before in the playoffs, only to return minutes later. :oldlol:

Actress :oldlol:

And who has ever been suspended for "instigating" with words? Doesn't work that way. If anybody is suspended, it'll be KG, but I wouldn't be shocked if the league just overlooks this one since they have a tendency to be completely erratic with all their decision making.

But for reference sake, they suspended Dwight Howard for less against Samuel Dalembert.

04mzwach
04-18-2010, 12:09 AM
LOL @ Garnett running away immediately after throwing the elbow.
Do you think he was throwing the elbow to inflict pain or something?

Kevin_Garnett_5
04-18-2010, 12:09 AM
You lay on the ground like you are super hurt and make grimace faces. The advantage, you get a bit of extra rest because it delays the game, plus you get to look like a hero when you "miraculously" bounce back. It's not like he hasn't done it before. He was carried off the court before in the playoffs, only to return minutes later. :oldlol:

Actress :oldlol: Pierce 1

Q-Rich: 0 (May even be -1 after getting elbowed.)

KB2009Champ
04-18-2010, 12:10 AM
for real, i lost respect for PP after that wheelchair fiasco. people will say of course you did you are a laker fan but i think all non celtic fans will agree.

so for the rest of his career, ill never ever believe that any injury of his is as bad as he makes it seem. i think only vince is comparable but at least with vince you almost believe him cause he doesn't come out like the savior from the locker room after playing up his injuries.

smh at pp lol. and yeah, kg will be suspended.

"Jesus"
04-18-2010, 12:11 AM
Do you think he was throwing the elbow to inflict pain or something?

What do you think Kevin Garnett was trying to do?

lilo
04-18-2010, 12:12 AM
seriously he was laying on the ground like he had a separated shoulder or broken collarbone..:rolleyes:

He had a pinched nerve. It stings hard but the pain does not last long. This happened to him already for the third time this year.

thejumpa
04-18-2010, 12:13 AM

Actress :oldlol:

We don't know if he is faking it or not, but a stinger is a stinger. Who knows how he got it or how bad it hurt him. Furthermore, it's game 1 and there is 40 seconds left. I highly doubt Pierce was looking for rest. Someone is going to foul or something anyway...get your rest there:confusedshrug:

KB2009Champ
04-18-2010, 12:13 AM
does anyone have a link for q rich interview?

wang4three
04-18-2010, 12:14 AM
I waiting for JO to come in with a sliding punch.

Timmy D for MVP
04-18-2010, 12:14 AM
If it really was cause he called them actresses....

Cmon. There's far worse in pretty much every pick up game. Not deserving of an elbow. What you should do is let your game speak, and then if you knock them out make a little oscar, best team acting like they deserve to be in the playoffs. Hand it to him after the last game.

Well that might be a little too much. Nm.

50inchvertical
04-18-2010, 12:16 AM
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn105/dante1st/paulpierce.jpg
http://www.mixmakers.net/featured-thumbs/paul-pierce-jersey.jpg
http://blogs.pe.com/prosports/pierce-softball.jpg
http://www.kupypspwallpapers.info/psp-wallpapers/paul-pierce-finals-injury-psp-wallpaper.jpg

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/75e12d72dd58b1c1f0dd5416c6511487.jpg
http://3432.voxcdn.com/_images/articles/2008/06/06/x-20080606105323781.jpg
"Don't worry, I'll be back in like 5 minutes. I gotta go pee anyways."

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eQJ4oigl23Ut/610x.jpg

04mzwach
04-18-2010, 12:16 AM
What do you think Kevin Garnett was trying to do?
Get Richardson away from Pierce or just get Richardson off of him playing mind games of some kind. Then more people came around and emotions ran high, so he threw an extra elbow. Then he got out of there before he got into anymore trouble.

phoenix18
04-18-2010, 12:19 AM
I dont know about Paul "faking". My knee popped one time and I thought I was DONE. I mean it felt when lie down on your arm, get up and it feels all "tingly". That's how my leg felt and then it went numb. I still played and afterwards went to the doctor to figure out its just a sprain. :lol

PistonsFan#21
04-18-2010, 12:20 AM
For those wondering if Richardson was coming in to help Pierce i suggest you watch this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkPEZlVD8nk

They had beef from back when Quentin was still with NYK. He even challenged Pierce to a fist fight :lol

sirkeelma
04-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Quentin Richardson was approaching in peace to see if Paul Pierce was ok, and in an extremely immature and asenine act, Kevin Garnett threw a small push with his elbow at Quentin Richardson. They exchanged words, and Garnett then threw a second, hard, violent elbow shot towards Quentin Richardson's head and neck. This type of behavior is absolutely intolerable, and steps need to be taken to eliminate this type of disgusting, childish behavior from this postseason, and from the game as a whole.

I feel the league should send a strong message and fine him $25,000.00 and suspend him for one game for each elbow shot thrown.

How many of you see nothing wrong with the first "elbow push", but think KG should be fined and suspended for the 2nd, violent elbow shot?

How many other posters agree that the league should make an example out of this type of disgusting, unnecessary behavior?
Are you sure with this? FAIL!

50inchvertical
04-18-2010, 12:26 AM
I dont know about Paul "faking". My knee popped one time and I thought I was DONE. I mean it felt when lie down on your arm, get up and it feels all "tingly". That's how my leg felt and then it went numb. I still played and afterwards went to the doctor to figure out its just a sprain. :lol
Did you get carried or wheel chaired off the court, have somebody take your place, then come jogging back into the gym minutes later and finish the game? Furthermore, have you done it more than once?

Then the comparison fails

MMM
04-18-2010, 12:27 AM
We don't know if he is faking it or not, but a stinger is a stinger. Who knows how he got it or how bad it hurt him. Furthermore, it's game 1 and there is 40 seconds left. I highly doubt Pierce was looking for rest. Someone is going to foul or something anyway...get your rest there:confusedshrug:

logic escapes some people. there are some who still believe PP faked an injury with his team down 10 in game 1 of the finals. I guess having a 270+ pound 7ft'er fall on your knee is not going to cause any pain if anyone overreacted at the time it was probably the medical staff that wanted to be extremely careful.

phoenix18
04-18-2010, 12:29 AM
Did you get carried or wheel chaired off the court, have somebody take your place, then come jogging back into the gym minutes later and finish the game? Furthermore, have you done it more than once?

Then the comparison fails
This was High School.

I wasnt an NBA star worth making millions for myself as well as my team and the league. I was not on an NBA Roster with doctors and advanced medical equipment.

I did leave, went to the locker room, decided I still wanted to play and have it checked out after.

No wheelchair.No jogging.

lakerHater
04-18-2010, 12:37 AM
This was High School.

I wasnt an NBA star worth making millions for myself as well as my team and the league. I was not on an NBA Roster with doctors and advanced medical equipment.

I did leave, went to the locker room, decided I still wanted to play and have it checked out after.

No wheelchair.No jogging.
I dont think he mentioned @ what level basketball!!

LA_Showtime
04-18-2010, 12:45 AM
Please, Garnett hardly deserves a suspension. This is the playoffs, and these interactions make the series more intense and the games more exciting.

PP34Deuce
04-18-2010, 12:52 AM
Im a huge PP fan and in LA i believe the medical staff exaggerated and he milked it of course... Kobe,MJ have done the same shit.

PP is banged up and I believe he had a stinger, no player would act like that when you have the game dictated.

Q Rich and PP jaw all the time when they play and KG's elbow push was more like step off. then his emotions got the best of him with several people moving him.

KG should get one game.

Q Rich loses because the refs will pay more attention and PP easily can get his dumb ass in foul trouble.

BallsOut
04-18-2010, 12:52 AM

Well your argument fails, because we don't care about your situation little drama queen. kthxbye

LA_Showtime
04-18-2010, 12:54 AM
Well your argument fails, because we don't care about your situation little drama queen. kthxbye

BallsOut is a horrible movie. It's like this tennis comedy flick with that moron from American Pie. My history professor's brother actually produced the flick. Terrible, gut wrenching, kill myself type of movie.

Crash
04-18-2010, 12:54 AM

Unnatural Basketball Act.

BallsOut
04-18-2010, 12:55 AM
Pierce 1

Q-Rich: 0 (May even be -1 after getting elbowed.)

At least Q-Rich still has his street cred. Pierce sold out awhile ago. Q probably wasn't the first and won't be the last NBA player to call Pierce an "actress" straight up.

Kevin_Garnett_5
04-18-2010, 12:59 AM
At least Q-Rich still has his street cred. Pierce sold out awhile ago. Q probably wasn't the first and won't be the last NBA player to call Pierce an "actress" straight up. "Street cred" :roll: . He looked real tough talking to Pierce while he was hurt and then getting elbowed in the face.

bdreason
04-18-2010, 01:05 AM
Can't stand the Celtics. They were alright before they won a ring. Now they're just a bunch of pretentious *******.

I just saw the play on NBATV. That has to be AT LEAST a one game suspension. You can break someones jaw with an elbow like that.

LA_Showtime
04-18-2010, 01:05 AM
BTW, Pierce should opt out of his contract and sign with the Lakers. Then when he retires, he can quickly find a job as an actor. The guy ALWAYS exaggerates his injuries. I could throw a penny at him and he'd react like I shot him with a bazooka.

NotYetGreat
04-18-2010, 01:18 AM
Iunno, but the guy that brought up the interview of Q-Rich pretty much just disproved his point. I mean, if you call some grown-ass men "Actresses" or "Princess" then prepare to get your ass whooped. Now KG overreacted yes, and while I do agree that he may deserve a suspension for throwing the elbows, Q-Rich started it by saying it. Now does he deserve a suspension? Iunno. So many other players were known for talking trash and shit to other players. Michael did it. Larry did it. Rodman did it. They get suspended for it? No, so Q-Rich most probably won't either, but you have to face the fact that he started it by talking trash. His fault he got elbowed.

King Lebron LBJ
04-18-2010, 01:45 AM
No KG for game 2 will be Miami's chance to take control of the series. They don't win game 2 this series is likely over. Thought they had the game when they went up 14.

Jakeh008
04-18-2010, 01:46 AM
KG is the goat!!!!

at hitting someone... looking at there face... then running away...

sodapop
04-18-2010, 01:48 AM
I just now finished 2 hrs viewing the KG elbow video from both angles. Richardson was bumped by KG, Richardson got in KG face, it was in perfect view from both angles. This is where it get twisted. If you look closely at the second angle, you will see Richardson plus another player holding KG for a split second. I slowed down the video, zoomed in and caught Richardson grabbing hold of KG, another player grabbed KG's right arm, KG released his left arm and struck Richardson with the elbow. I think both players, Kevin Garnett , Q. Richardson should receive a one game suspension and pay a fine, regardless. Also, a few other players off the Miami bench should receive a one game suspension for violating the leaving the bench rule.

nbastatus
04-18-2010, 01:49 AM
KG is the goat!!!!

:oldlol: :oldlol:

New Jazzy Nets
04-18-2010, 01:50 AM
he saw kobe do it, he tried it also. I think its only fair to suspend both of those players(kobe/KG) for the rest of the playoffs.

Jayle
04-18-2010, 01:53 AM
Umm, I think the respectable thing for Richardson to do was to back off.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...maybe he went over to say, "Hey Paul, sorry man, did I hurt ya?"

But the minute KG said, "Hey just back off," Richardson should have just walked away.

But no...what did he do? He started ****ing yapping. Never mind that he got away with the foul. Let them play, is what I say.

But when Paul's teammate tells you to step off...just step off. It's that simple.

Jayle
04-18-2010, 01:57 AM
BTW, Pierce should opt out of his contract and sign with the Lakers. Then when he retires, he can quickly find a job as an actor. The guy ALWAYS exaggerates his injuries. I could throw a penny at him and he'd react like I shot him with a bazooka.

Let's pretend for a minute that you got really hurt. But after a few minutes you toughed it out and came back out and played.

Wouldn't you be pissed at everyone saying you weren't really hurt even though you were playing in pain?

And you know you can't say, "Yeah, I'm hurt but I'm playing anyway." Because who the fu'ck would believe you?

Nobody. So STFU. Either the guy is hurt or not, there's no way for you or me to know if he's playing through pain or painfully playing up his injury. Stick to the game and whether or not the ball goes in the hoop and stop trying to make a soap opera out of all the other sh't that goes on.

Burgz
04-18-2010, 01:58 AM
there is no excuse to act like that

so much for "experienced" veterans in boston
If a player talks trash, let them talk all they want, and if it rattles you as it did to garnett then you let that player get a psychological advantage over you

and if you retaliate like garnett did, then you deserve a suspension, it's clear a day

i used to defend garnett for his borderline unsportsmanlike conduct, but he always seems to be the instigator or catalyst to scrums like this

give him a 1 game suspension and let's get on with the series

Batz
04-18-2010, 01:59 AM
KG is the goat!!!!

:roll: :roll:

DuMa
04-18-2010, 02:00 AM
didnt read thread. but didnt daequan cook leave the bench to hold richardson away from the altercation?

Burgz
04-18-2010, 02:02 AM
didnt read thread. but didnt daequan cook leave the bench to hold richardson away from the altercation?

yea so did magloire and i think haslem but cant remember if he was on or just subbed out

they cant possibly suspend them when KG elbows one of their players practically ON their bench haha

if they do then god save the NBA

simcjt
04-18-2010, 02:03 AM

:roll:

Durant=GOAT
04-18-2010, 02:05 AM
KG should have played football instead of basketball. The way he got out of that altercation had Jim Brown written all over it. I have never in my life witnessed somebody split a scrum like that.

Also I love the elbow then run and then jump back into the altercation when none of the Heat players can touch him.

lpublic_enemyl
04-18-2010, 02:06 AM
yea so did magloire and i think haslem but cant remember if he was on or just subbed out

they cant possibly suspend them when KG elbows one of their players practically ON their bench haha

ok if amare gets suspended for stepping on the court after nash got hit, KG is definitely getting suspended , kg is dumb for doing that it's gonna cost his team....

DuMa
04-18-2010, 02:19 AM

they almost have to suspend those players... the amare rule is in effect. stern was very ****ign adamant about that when it happened.

White Chocolate
04-18-2010, 02:24 AM
If Dwight got suspended for his elbow, Garnett needs to be suspended for his.

Burgz
04-18-2010, 02:27 AM
they almost have to suspend those players... the amare rule is in effect. stern was very ****ign adamant about that when it happened.

it sucks that happened though

that spurs suns series pretty much set a precedent

i just hate when players get suspended for trying to calm the situation down

KoRn
04-18-2010, 02:44 AM
Really?

you being sarcastic right? cuz it was sasha vujacic that bloodied battier and it was in the course of the game.

shadow
04-18-2010, 02:49 AM
Paul Pierce acting as usual, KG overreacting as usual. IMO that's atleast a one game suspension. The elbow was unprovoked, both times. If the league has any sense of consistency they should suspend KG.

KoRn
04-18-2010, 02:49 AM

first it was sasha vujacic that made battier bleed and it was in the course of the game. it's one thing to hate, but another to let facts get in your way. kobe got suspended for hitting manu in the course of shooting a jumper. kobe also got suspended 2 games for elbowing mike miller in the throat.

what is this favoritism from the NBA? are you fjucking blind? stop making things up.

burnsy87
04-18-2010, 02:59 AM
\

Funniest shit anyones ever posted on this board.

MMM
04-18-2010, 03:09 AM
Paul Pierce acting as usual, KG overreacting as usual. IMO that's atleast a one game suspension. The elbow was unprovoked, both times. If the league has any sense of consistency they should suspend KG.

Pierce has hurt the same should a couple times this season just as recent as the game against SA a few weeks ago. it really doesn't make sense to fake an injury like that in the playoffs. i'm sure Pierce remember what happen to melo when he was laying on the court and the refs let play continue. So in a 5-6 point game at the time why risk faking an injury and leaving your team out to dry defensively???

KingLeBronJames
04-18-2010, 03:13 AM
Really?

LOL It was Vujacic who left Battier bloodied. Not Kobe.

boozehound
04-18-2010, 03:23 AM
well, the league has specific rules regarding elbows thrown (and connecting). besides horry was suspended.

Look, even if Q walked over to talk shit, thats not a specific violation of league rules (celts fans may want to recall garnett taunting on all 4s like a dog with no repercussion). garnett initiated the physical contact and should be suspended. probably one game.

boozehound
04-18-2010, 03:26 AM
there is no excuse to act like that

so much for "experienced" veterans in boston
If a player talks trash, let them talk all they want, and if it rattles you as it did to garnett then you let that player get a psychological advantage over you

and if you retaliate like garnett did, then you deserve a suspension, it's clear a day

i used to defend garnett for his borderline unsportsmanlike conduct, but he always seems to be the instigator or catalyst to scrums like this

give him a 1 game suspension and let's get on with the series
which is kind of funny, since KG is the king of inappropriate trash talk and the advantage it creates.

DaRondoStopper
04-18-2010, 03:39 AM

Whenever a game isn't going well for Kobe he throws an at least one elbow...he's never suspended so I don't see the big deal:confusedshrug:

KoRn
04-18-2010, 03:49 AM
Whenever a game isn't going well for Kobe he throws an at least one elbow...he's never suspended so I don't see the big deal:confusedshrug:

kobe got suspended for hitting manu in the course of shooting a jumper. kobe also got suspended 2 games for elbowing mike miller in the throat.

he never got suspended? so you ignore facts right?

Bernie Nips
04-18-2010, 03:49 AM
I would cop a 1 game suspension. I'm a huge KG fan, but I wouldn't be upset about him copping that... it was an elbow to the head.

In his defence, he wasn't looking at Quentin, and he was being held by Derozan I think, and he looked like he was frustrated by that and swung his way out of the hold.

Hotlantadude81
04-18-2010, 03:59 AM

I agree with the OP... I think KG is just a douche bag that wanted to play up the us vs. them mentality.

RazorBaLade
04-18-2010, 04:28 AM

Lol you say this as if Kobe just randomly elbows them for no reason, the defender fouls him all game long with no call and when Kobe gets tired of it he'll throw an elbow that is 'hidden' from the refs, but it gets replayed on ESPN a thousand times that night. We've seen maybe 5-10 elbows his entire career and they're all retaliation.

KG elbowed someone and broke out of there, his reason for the elbow? Q was gonna tell Pierce to get a wheelchair. Boo hoo.

yeaaaman
04-18-2010, 04:37 AM

Rafer Alston was suspended a game for a light slap to the back of Eddie House's head, so if that's the kind of precedent the NBA wants to set I don't see how Garnett isn't suspended.

King Lebron LBJ
04-18-2010, 04:39 AM
I'm sure in the next day or so we should hear some news. Be surprised if he avoids a suspension.

yeaaaman
04-18-2010, 04:43 AM
Im a huge PP fan and in LA i believe the medical staff exaggerated and he milked it of course... Kobe,MJ have done the same shit.

PP is banged up and I believe he had a stinger, no player would act like that when you have the game dictated.

Q Rich and PP jaw all the time when they play and KG's elbow push was more like step off. then his emotions got the best of him with several people moving him.

KG should get one game.

Q Rich loses because the refs will pay more attention and PP easily can get his dumb ass in foul trouble.

It's funny how many people swear PP wasn't faking and how many swear Carmelo was faking the other week when he was lying with his eyes closed as people played around him...interesting.

TheAnchorman
04-18-2010, 04:45 AM
There should be a way to change the precedent, to the way when an actual fight would mean an actual suspension instead of a slap to the back of the head... because at this rate years from now someone's going to tell his man "you can't do shit" after a shot, then *BAM* ejection for "inappropriate conduct".

veilside23
04-18-2010, 05:01 AM
i could careless if kg will get suspended..

i know some kg haters just want the suspension so that the celts would lose.

kg was just trying to make sure pierce is ok.

i dont why people blame kg for all this.

all that q rich had to do is to walk away since they already lost.

qrich probably knew that if kg nor pierce they get suspended they might won the series.. pp and kg might be actors ..

so whats qrich a producer :D

people always tend to bash kg for his actions :D..

RazorBaLade
04-18-2010, 05:10 AM
i could careless if kg will get suspended..

i know some kg haters just want the suspension so that the celts would lose.

kg was just trying to make sure pierce is ok.

i dont why people blame kg for all this.

all that q rich had to do is to walk away since they already lost.

qrich probably knew that if kg nor pierce they get suspended they might won the series.. pp and kg might be actors ..

so whats qrich a producer :D

people always tend to bash kg for his actions :D..

he elbowed a guy and ran away. Come on.

KoRn
04-18-2010, 05:15 AM
yeah, kg was trying to make sure pierce was ok.....by elbowing richardson in the head?

RazorBaLade
04-18-2010, 05:19 AM
yeah, kg was trying to make sure pierce was ok.....by elbowing richardson in the head?

I think he means he didn't want anyone coming up to pierce and hitting him while he's on the ground, because that is what usually happens..

Hotbullets
04-18-2010, 05:57 AM
Man, I fugging hate Garnett. What an ass.

BlackWhiteGreen
04-18-2010, 05:58 AM
I would cop a 1 game suspension. I'm a huge KG fan, but I wouldn't be upset about him copping that... it was an elbow to the head.

In his defence, he wasn't looking at Quentin, and he was being held by Derozan I think, and he looked like he was frustrated by that and swung his way out of the hold.

Derozan plays for the Raptors. I could live with a game ban :confusedshrug:

BlackWhiteGreen
04-18-2010, 06:02 AM
Fox sports is impartial :lol

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/04/18/kevin-garnett-nbas-biggest-punk/

U got Served
04-18-2010, 06:10 AM
I have not read the entire thread but I'm sure is nothing but

KG is a punk!
THE biggest asshole in the NBA!

Richardson was trying to take the ball out of bounds and KG stood up for his team mate. He did just did it the wrong way.

U got Served
04-18-2010, 06:12 AM
he elbowed a guy and ran away. Come on.

We know he elbowed and ran, the question is...
Why did he elbow Rich? I'm pretty sure Richardson was talking some smack to Pierce and KG simply stood up for Pierce.

RazorBaLade
04-18-2010, 06:21 AM
We know he elbowed and ran, the question is...
Why did he elbow Rich? I'm pretty sure Richardson was talking some smack to Pierce and KG simply stood up for Pierce.

It's not standing up for him because since KG ran away, there was nothing stopping Q from continuing doing whatever he was doing that got KG upset in the first place. You can't stand up for someone and then bolt out of there, it removes the entire purpose of standing up for the guy.

Richardson has the right to talk smack, KG talks smack. The best way to put it IMO is that it was classless of Q to talk smack/respond to smack talk/whatever to a guy on the other team that's lying on the floor, but that's overshadowed by someone that threw a cheap shot and ran away. There needs to be consequences for actions, if KG is going to choose to stand up for his teammate then he should need to stand there and deal with whatever comes from him standing up for his guy.

edit: I'd fine Q and suspend KG for a game.

sigh I better wake up for the lakers game on time.

NotYetGreat
04-18-2010, 06:32 AM
^^^ Lulz. Yeah, that's one game I'd really want to see to. :cheers:

But yeah, I'd doubt he throw it unprovoked. There's no question that he elbowed Q-Rich and he may deserve a suspension, but why he threw it is what's really bugging me right now.

icemanfan
04-18-2010, 06:33 AM
yep for two games.

BarberSchool
04-18-2010, 06:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEymT8g_6HY

before watching this video, i couldn't take sides between garnett and richardson, because i didn't see what happened, and i have to view it from different angles. after watching this video, i side with richardson and miami on this fracas. KG was the clear assailant.

Yup, that video should be PM'd to anyone who didn't see the 2nd elbow, this shows it clear as day.
Garnett should recieve a multi-game suspension, bith to set a tone for this postseason to clean it up, and to send a lesson to Garnett that he needs to stop acting so childish, and inciting conflict to try and make himself look like an enforcer which he is not. this is just sad on so many levels. Sh!t like this probly makes Garnett's mother cry.

brantonli
04-18-2010, 07:00 AM
I'm actually impressed that after Garnett threw that second, much harder elbow, Richardson barely reacted. You could see his expression, it barely changes after Garnett elbows him. To keep your composure when a guy talking smack to you and elbowing you twice is something.

BarberSchool
04-18-2010, 07:02 AM
It's not standing up for him because since KG ran away, there was nothing stopping Q from continuing doing whatever he was doing that got KG upset in the first place. You can't stand up for someone and then bolt out of there, it removes the entire purpose of standing up for the guy.And to take it one step more, KG's actions actually further endangered Pierce.

KG's actions aren't even rooted in his desire to "protect" Pierce, and I'll explain why. When one uses unecessary violence and incites conflict in an area where someone is injured, it only ups the possibility that the area will become a chaotic dangerous one, with bodies moving around during a tustle, or even falling on Pierce, which KG himself almost did, after he threw the 2nd elbow, and ran out of there, stepping directly on/over pierce's legs. he had to have known that what he was doing could up the chances of pierce being stepped on and injured further, but he did it anyway, in an attempt to look like a tough guy, which he clearly is not. IMO KG is an aspiring bully, and an unfortuneate coward. His behavior in all likelihood probably makes his mother cry. It's truly phony and positively disgraceful for someone his age.

G.O.A.T
04-18-2010, 08:36 AM
There should be no suspension.

For once the officials handled it right. KG got two technicals, one for being an a-hole and one for throwing an intentional elbow.

A suspension would only serve to hurt the series.

Back in the day, there would have been nothing called there.

LJJ
04-18-2010, 08:39 AM
KG with the cheap shot and the backpaddle. For him it's just a single motion, silky smooth.

BarberSchool
04-18-2010, 08:42 AM
There should be no suspension.

For once the officials handled it right. KG got two technicals, one for being an a-hole and one for throwing an intentional elbow.

A suspension would only serve to hurt the series.But do you not also agree that the league office would look like hypocrites, given how many other players have been suspended during the postseason in recent years for similar actions?

Did you think Dwight should not have been suspended for his intentional, far less violent elbow last year in the playoffs ?

the_chosen_1
04-18-2010, 08:43 AM
This is the reason people hate Garnett; it doesn't matter what Q-rich said, it is the way KG throws cheap shots while turned away. The only people he faces are tiny point guards. this guy does not act like a man, he's a *****.

50inchvertical
04-18-2010, 08:48 AM
Wouldn't be shocked to see JO and KG suspended. JO straight leveled Big Baby into the bench chairs.

G.O.A.T
04-18-2010, 08:49 AM
But do you not also agree that the league office would look like hypocrites, given how many other players have been suspended during the postseason in recent years for similar actions?

Did you think Dwight should not have been suspended for his intentional, far less violent elbow last year in the playoffs ?

I don't think anyone should be suspended in the playoffs for any reason short of hurting another player.

Hypocrite is the wrong word, there has been no rhyme or reason to the suspensions they've doled out in the past. It's one of the few things David Stern absolutely fails at in my opinion.

I get what you're saying, but just because they've made the wrong decision a lot in the past doesn't mean they should continue to just to be consistent.

dough
04-18-2010, 08:51 AM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/kgpeeler.gif

Silverbullit
04-18-2010, 08:51 AM
I don't think anyone should be suspended in the playoffs for any reason short of hurting another player.

Hypocrite is the wrong word, there has been no rhyme or reason to the suspensions they've doled out in the past. It's one of the few things David Stern absolutely fails at in my opinion.

I get what you're saying, but just because they've made the wrong decision a lot in the past doesn't mean they should continue to just to be consistent.

And for trying to hurt another player!

nashisbest
04-18-2010, 08:55 AM
rondo did get away with shoving hinrich last year didn;t he?

and why did miami only get one technical free throw for 2 Ts on KG?

and why the heck is Dwade shooting Ts? shouldn't someone lik arroyo do it?

Fizdale
04-18-2010, 09:00 AM
^^^

Haslem got a tech.

Q got a tech.

KG got a double tech.

Baby got a tech.

2 for Miami, 3 for Celtics.

Thus the extra FT for Miami.

And was Arroyo even in the game at that time? Iunno.

Magic Vinsanity
04-18-2010, 10:01 AM
KG is the biggest ***** ****** in the NBA. Hit and run as usual.

BarberSchool
04-18-2010, 10:19 AM
I don't think anyone should be suspended in the playoffs for any reason short of hurting another player.Honest question:
If a player throws a series of vicious jab, uppercut, elbow, knee and kick combos at another player, and misses with all of them, not hurting or inuring the other player in any significant way, we should not suspend them?

MK2V1GP
04-18-2010, 10:44 AM
wow.theres still little girls over here making outrageous claims calling KG a ***** and a girl and scared and all this nonsense? ISH has reached an all time high for trolls and haters. Way to go Jeff. A once great website for basketball talk has turned into this. congrats!

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/news/story?id=5107909

It all started b/c of Q. And only an idiot refuses to see that. Pierce was down, KG was checking over him, and Q came over there like an in-bred idiot with no respect, standing over Pierce and talkin nonsense, so KG defended his teammate, just like he was supposed to do.

You guys are ****ing idiots, and I'll leave it at that.

boozehound
04-18-2010, 11:01 AM
wow.theres still little girls over here making outrageous claims calling KG a ***** and a girl and scared and all this nonsense? ISH has reached an all time high for trolls and haters. Way to go Jeff. A once great website for basketball talk has turned into this. congrats!

It all started b/c of Q. And only an idiot refuses to see that. Pierce was down, KG was checking over him, and Q came over there like an in-bred idiot with no respect, standing over Pierce and talkin nonsense, so KG defended his teammate, just like he was supposed to do.

ah, dont get butthurt. It doesnt matter if Q started "it", KG threw an elbow and connected. The NBA has a specific rule on that. Now, sure, the league could decide to suspend others including KG, but it pretty much has to suspend KG.

and KG is a little *****. all talk and backpedaling. he has been for years.

I think its funny that KG, one of the trashiest and most disrespectful players in the league, couldnt handle getting talked back to.

G.O.A.T
04-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Honest question:
If a player throws a series of vicious jab, uppercut, elbow, knee and kick combos at another player, and misses with all of them, not hurting or inuring the other player in any significant way, we should not suspend them?

In that case they should be suspended. As well as if they pull out a gun fire and miss. Some things are obvious and don't need rules.

I don't think "trying" to hurt someone is grounds for suspension. It's too subjective. KG's elbow looked intentional, I thought it was intentional, but there is no way to prove it. If it lands you can suspend him if the guy gets hurt and has to miss game time. Otherwise the officials or the league are deciding the series, not the players.

zORi
04-18-2010, 11:32 AM

Calm down.

I definitely agree that Q started, he had no business going over there, and I'm sure whatever he said wasn't good.

But KG is the one who escalated it, and most likely will be the one suspended. Sad as it is, though, they both definitely added some fire to this season.

DukeDelonte13
04-18-2010, 11:47 AM
KG is a ***** and a p*ssy. I hope some scrub on the heat breaks that a**holes leg.

tontoz
04-18-2010, 11:51 AM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/kgpeeler.gif

Typical Garnett, picking on a small guard and getting clowned. He is a punk and a sissy.

D-Rose
04-18-2010, 11:54 AM
I think it's pretty ironic that KG is so sensitive to a little trash talk (if that's what Q was doing) when KG talks more of it than anyone in the league.

Grey Dawn
04-18-2010, 11:58 AM

You, my friend, are the idiot. With your senseless defending where your only tactic is calling people names.

It was unquestioningly an intentional elbow to the face (and then running away like the sissy he is). And no, no one was holding him, he wasn't trying to flail around to free himself and made incidental contact. It was a deliberate cheap shot. Just watch the replay (without 'Celt fan' vision). Automatic suspension. End of story.

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-18-2010, 12:10 PM
eh, just saw the replay on espnnews....doubt any suspension occurs. thanks for getting my hopes up a-hole. jk

DTD
04-18-2010, 02:59 PM
One player in the league is allowed to throw elbows to the face with no repercussions by Stern and Stu Jackson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sTAMUZxfZA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGnnN5BMXwE

GatorKid117
04-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Wow, that 2nd elbow from LeBron was brutal.

MK2V1GP
04-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Looks like KG shouldnt be the only one suspended. I knew Haslem threw a punch/elbow of his own, but no one here was talking about it. Haslem hitting Big Baby, with a ref RIGHT THERE. lol. Defend that, haters.

http://i42.tinypic.com/16apbpk.jpg

Derek Zoolander
04-18-2010, 03:32 PM
Looks like KG shouldnt be the only one suspended. I knew Haslem threw a punch/elbow of his own, but no one here was talking about it. Haslem hitting Big Baby, with a ref RIGHT THERE. lol. Defend that, haters.

http://i42.tinypic.com/16apbpk.jpg
Remember that one guy yesterday, he was this poster from Dallas who was a Boston fan, and he gave up on his team when down 12 at the half of game one, then he came back once Boston got a clear lead and started talking shit?

I remember that guy.
He was a bitch. He reminded me alot of KG.

King Baron
04-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Garnett should be suspended. But honestly I don't know if I feel like reading 'the league is out against the celtics' bs for the entire summer and beyond. This is the Celtics last year at the top and I'm pretty sure if he gets suspended and the Heat win this series, the whining will never stop ala Spurs/Suns.

I don't believe in favoritism either, by the rules Garnett should be suspended, and stop getting away with cheap shots all the time. Tough call.

insidehoops
04-18-2010, 07:22 PM
KG has officially been suspended for Game 2

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5757

NewYorkUSCtrojan
04-18-2010, 07:24 PM
The ***** Gay-G got what she deserved. What a puss!

zORi
04-18-2010, 07:26 PM
LOLOLOLOL!!!!

He knows better than that.

thesighter
04-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Justice prevails.
What say you Celtics homers?

Kevin_Garnett_5
04-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Justice prevails.
What say you Celtics homers? Whatever. We'll still get Game 2.

Big Bang Theory
04-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Didn't expect a suspension or find it necessary but if that's what it takes to nudge KG towards some respect, then fine.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
04-18-2010, 07:29 PM
LOL - Gay-G and Pauley Pierce both been exposed. Their image will always be remember as the NBA's PUSS! Bunch of Fake Thugs!!

Kevin_Garnett_5
04-18-2010, 07:29 PM
LOL - Gay-G and Pauley Pierce both been exposed. Their image will always be remember as the NBA's PUSS! Bunch of Fake Thugs!!!!!

NewYorkUSCtrojan
04-18-2010, 07:34 PM
http://lostangelesblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/paul-pierce-finals-injury-psp-wallpaper.jpg

http://ihatelebronjames.com/oldwebsite/images/Kevin%20Garnett%20is%20out%20to%20get%20you.jpg

Moan
04-18-2010, 07:37 PM
LEt me get this straight, phil criticized the refs and got fined 35k, KG elbowed someone in the neck and got 25k fine... wow

MaxFly
04-18-2010, 07:39 PM
It was the right call... You can't throw elbows, especially during stoppages of play. KG should know better and he needs to do a better job of keeping his emotions in check from here on out.

wang4three
04-18-2010, 07:39 PM
The suspension was the right call.

GOBB
04-18-2010, 07:46 PM
LEt me get this straight, phil criticized the refs and got fined 35k, KG elbowed someone in the neck and got 25k fine... wow

Wow what? Whats your point. I missed it.

Courtside View
04-18-2010, 08:11 PM
I wanted to like Pierce, I really did. But after he threw up a gang sign like a f*ckin idiot, I started to really dislike him.

thesighter
04-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Hard for anyone to like KG at this point. It aint about emotions, KGs got a history of dishing out cheap shots and running away when he's about to get his comeuppance.

kunk75
04-18-2010, 08:22 PM
they will really miss KG's 10 and 6.:roll:

White Chocolate
04-18-2010, 08:24 PM
He had to be suspended. This is Miami's chance to get some momentum.

zizozain
04-18-2010, 08:24 PM
this
thank you

zORi
04-18-2010, 08:51 PM

It's that the NBA values it's refs more than it's players.

RazorBaLade
04-18-2010, 09:02 PM

Why are words dealt with more severely than actions? Doesn't make sense.

GOBB
04-18-2010, 09:15 PM
KG recieved a fine and suspension.

The ref situation is a very known issue the NBA has been trying to take control of. Phil Jackson knew very well the penalty for criticizing the refs but guess what? He did it anyway. The bigger the fine the better chance Phil bites his tongue next time so it doesnt become a habit of criticizing officials.

Kujo
04-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Really hoping Miami wins this series.

The suspension was well deserved. KG is such a punk. It was a total cowardly act.

MagicalLA
04-18-2010, 09:20 PM

The ref situation is a very known issue the NBA has been trying to take control of. Phil Jackson knew very well the penalty for criticizing the refs but guess what? He did it anyway. The bigger the fine the better chance Phil bites his tongue next time so it doesnt become a habit of criticizing officials.

I hope you have the same attitude next time the refs make bad decisions in a Philadelphia team game.

GOBB
04-18-2010, 09:24 PM
I hope you have the same attitude next time the refs make bad decisions in a Philadelphia team game.

I'm lost part II.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
04-18-2010, 09:24 PM
How can we start a petition to send these two clowns to the WNBA? Atleast, have them banned from the NBA. Pauley and Gay-G are both fake ass puss! What a disgrace to professional basketball!!!!

Meticode
04-18-2010, 09:28 PM
I'm lost part II.

My wife part LXXXV. I think that's 85, but not sure.

MagicalLA
04-18-2010, 09:28 PM
I'm lost part II.

If my reading comprehension was good (english is not my first language) I understood you were blaiming Phil Jackson for being so cocky with the refs, talking bad about them all the time and stuff...

My point is, I hope you say this same thing "its not right to blame the refs all the time" next time this same refs make bad decisions against your 76ers.

kentatm
04-18-2010, 09:29 PM

dont forget Phil has a history of bashing the refs.

thats partly why the fine was so huge.

its just like how Cuban got fined half a million for ripping the refs. The fine was so big b/c he has a history of ref bashing.

GOBB
04-18-2010, 09:39 PM
dont forget Phil has a history of bashing the refs.

thats partly why the fine was so huge.

its just like how Cuban got fined half a million for ripping the refs. The fine was so big b/c he has a history of ref bashing.

Yup, good point.

If my reading comprehension was good (english is not my first language) I understood you were blaiming Phil Jackson for being so cocky with the refs, talking bad about them all the time and stuff...

My point is, I hope you say this same thing "its not right to blame the refs all the time" next time this same refs make bad decisions against your 76ers.

I'm blaming Phil for breaking a rule in the NBA where he questions the integrity of officiating which is a no no. And as mentioned by kentatm Phil has been a repeated offender which is why a fine would be hefty. The NBA wants to protect the officials from being bashed in the media. Whether Phil was justified behind bad officiating or not? You cant not express it thru the media. Thats my point.

If Sixers are in a game thats poorly officiated? My opinion on the refs doesnt come at a cost. But if the HC for the Sixers did? His opinions do come at a cost. I wont be crying unfair to fine the HC because I'm fully aware of the rule thats been in place for quite some time. Players know what they can and cant say, some tow the line because of how much they make.

Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say here.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
04-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Phil and his mind games.

Phil does not care for NBA's fine. That fine was to get into Kevin Durant's head. Phil is crazy with his mind games.

MagicalLA
04-18-2010, 09:42 PM
Yup, good point.

I'm blaming Phil for breaking a rule in the NBA where he questions the integrity of officiating which is a no no. And as mentioned by kentatm Phil has been a repeated offender which is why a fine would be hefty. The NBA wants to protect the officials from being bashed in the media. Whether Phil was justified behind bad officiating or not? You cant not express it thru the media. Thats my point.

If Sixers are in a game thats poorly officiated? My opinion on the refs doesnt come at a cost. But if the HC for the Sixers did? His opinions do come at a cost. I wont be crying unfair to fine the HC because I'm fully aware of the rule thats been in place for quite some time. Players know what they can and cant say, some tow the line because of how much they make.

Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say here.

Yes I understand it now, and its fair enough.

Anyway, I dont agree with some of the rules the NBA has, this one is a clear example. Has nothing to do with you though, lol.

Lord Leoshes
04-18-2010, 10:35 PM
This. Finally a non Celtic fan who isn't too blinded by hate too see the truth.

You two are so right. It should be perfectly legal to elbow people in the face. :wtf:

jasonresno
04-18-2010, 10:37 PM
If that elbow wasn't on the basketball court it would have been assault.

He deserves the suspension. The hit didn't come during the game but came during a dead ball. **** him.

Lord Leoshes
04-18-2010, 10:38 PM

So when someone gets close to you you just elbow them?:confusedshrug:

zORi
04-18-2010, 10:38 PM
You two are so right. It should be perfectly legal to elbow people in the face. :wtf:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Splitz77
04-18-2010, 11:27 PM
I think thats what makes the playoffs fun to watch. So **** all of you. :lol :lol :lol

sixer6ad
04-18-2010, 11:32 PM
The strugs in this whole situation is that KG used to be the guy in 'Sota who busted his ass non-stop for a team/city that could not get over the top. People loved him for that and for his effort. He was respected.

That respect is gone. In Boston, the title was Paul Pierce's. It was for Paul Pierce, and KG played a HUGE part in that. Despite that...he is lost. He never won it with HIS team, nor he will NEVER be considered a Celtic great. Now, at the end of his rope, he has turned into a punk ass who mother f's everyone and has "fake rage" so that everyone will think he still plays as hard and carries the load as he once done.

I watch him play, and it is sad. Some really good players turn into role players at the end of their career and act like it. Bill Walton for the Celts was a good example of that. KG - he acts/talks like he's 1st Team All-NBA and every player in the league is getting pissed off about it. I've watched the NBA for over 30 years, and the stars have never been called out the way KG is getting called out. The people who run and up down the floor with him have had enough. So have I.

RazorBaLade
04-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Wait when did PJ question the integrity of the refs? Didn't he say that Durant gets superstar calls and he doesn't understand why?

zORi
04-18-2010, 11:40 PM
The strugs in this whole situation is that KG used to be the guy in 'Sota who busted his ass non-stop for a team/city that could not get over the top. People loved him for that and for his effort. He was respected.

That respect is gone. In Boston, the title was Paul Pierce's. It was for Paul Pierce, and KG played a HUGE part in that. Despite that...he is lost. He never won it with HIS team, nor he will NEVER be considered a Celtic great. Now, at the end of his rope, he has turned into a punk ass who mother f's everyone and has "fake rage" so that everyone will think he still plays as hard and carries the load as he once done.

I watch him play, and it is sad. Some really good players turn into role players at the end of their career and act like it. Bill Walton for the Celts was a good example of that. KG - he acts/talks like he's 1st Team All-NBA and every player in the league is getting pissed off about it. I've watched the NBA for over 30 years, and the stars have never been called out the way KG is getting called out. The people who run and up down the floor with him have had enough. So have I.

I agree with you on the Celtic great part.

He'll probably only be a C for a total of 5 or 6 years. While probably only bringing 1 ring, this is Pierce's team.

He'll have a legacy of not having pulled his first team to the Finals, and not having been around long enough to be a great Celtic.

Even though he is.

King Lebron LBJ
04-19-2010, 01:14 AM
Justice has been done...

ILLsmak
04-19-2010, 01:46 AM
Surprised, but glad

-Smak

blazerjimmy
04-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Surprised, but glad

-Smak

I too was happily surprised that he was suspended....however, I was hoping that he would get a two game suspension - one for the elbow and one for running away like a little Carmelo.....

gyu
04-19-2010, 03:15 PM
For those KG supporters who says he does these stupid things to get in the opponents head to get them ejected or get technicals, how do you explain this one, getting himself suspended?

dr8ked
04-19-2010, 06:48 PM
I was looking forward for a good Cavaliers VS Celtics Matchup in the playoffs,since the Last Game of the season they were going at it..

• LeBron James became the fourth player over the last 20 seasons to have four 30-point games against Boston in a single season.

-- Game Stats & Information

Six technical fouls were handed out -- two to Cavs coach Mike Brown , who was ejected. James got one and was spared another when he lingered in the Celtics' huddle during a timeout to exchange words with Tony Allen.

"We don't like them. They don't like us. So I wasn't surprised at all," James said, citing the seven-game playoff series Boston won in 2008 on its way to its 17th NBA title. "It comes from them wanting to be really great, them winning the championship, us wanting to win the championship and having to come through Boston to try to win it.

"The competition -- that's what's good about this game."

Kevin Garnett, who was fined $25,000 for comments about the officials' treatment of Kevin Durant last week, also had words with James but declined to elaborate on what was said.

"Nothing in particular that I want to share or that the NBA wants me to share," Garnett told reporters. "Y'all are trying to cost me another 25."

The suspension will kill the intensity of the game since players will be wary of fines/suspensions. KG won't be his old self and we will be robbed of a good series. :mad: :banghead: Miami might even end up winning the series, even though a Wade VS Lebron series would be nice, it won't be entertaining as much as a CAVS VS Celtics series. The league has officially gone soft. :sleeping

Sonics4Life
04-19-2010, 06:49 PM
league went soft years ago but you're right.

i miss taunting. can't even stare a guy down anymore :sleeping

thesighter
04-19-2010, 06:58 PM
I don't disagree about the heavy officiating, but you guys are missing the point about Garnett.

He dishes out cheap shots and runs away like a girl, he ain't a tough guy. He is in fact taking advantage of modern day officiating.

If he tried this sort of sh*t during the 80s, he would have been clocked by J.O. or Magloire immediately after. Players had a bit more respect in the past and would self-regulate each other.

Showtime
04-19-2010, 07:00 PM
It's pretty sad one douchebag with a beer has emasculated the game.

RazorBaLade
04-19-2010, 07:31 PM
league went soft years ago but you're right.

i miss taunting. can't even stare a guy down anymore :sleeping

Unless you're doing it to Kobe that is.. Then you can stare him down, throw fake passes at his head, anything goes.

sodapop
04-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Honestly, Kevin Garnett have been all bark, no bite, no action since he came back from his injury. I don't understand the WWE, pumped up facial expressions and he's too scared to play inside the paint? How can a 6'11 power forward flex his mighty authority and get abused by point guards at the same time? Now we have the elbow suspension at a critical time for Boston. You wonder why many people view KG as a selfish weakling? I'm not a KG hater. I've been a fan of KG's since his rookie year in Minnesota. He was never this extreme in Minnesota. I hope KG will learn something from this crucial situation. Right now, KG is stinking up the place, stinking up his team and stinking up himself.

P.S. I wonder if NBA players read the Inside Hoops forum?

RealKnowledge
04-19-2010, 07:45 PM
Kg deserved to get suspended. But they making the game real boring with the no taunting, Technicals for the dumbest reason. They need to let them play and just worry about punches

GOBB
04-19-2010, 07:53 PM

Yeah because before that the league was oh so tough. Oh so real. :rolleyes:

MeLO MvP 15
04-19-2010, 07:57 PM
of course i like everyone being emotional and fierce... but, garnett really is just an a$$hole... like he has this tough dude mentality but he cant really back it up any more... notice he only picks on smaller players... like its sad for me to admit it cuz i used to love him as a player, but he is just obnoxious now... id like to see him try his sh!t with kmart...

Myth
04-19-2010, 08:03 PM
I agree it would be nice for the league to allow a little more to go on like they did back in the day, but KG's suspension is warranted for consistency sake. It wouldn't make sense to let this go while others have been suspended for less or for things that actually happened during a play. If it were the norm for teams to be rough, that's cool, but that is not the way things have gone for the last 5+ years. If the league ever wants to let people battle things out without hefty suspensions, that precedence needs to be set at the beginning of the season.

kentatm
04-19-2010, 08:05 PM

yea, its THAT guy that did it.

It has nothing to do with the massive guaranteed contracts these guys have now.

They still would have let Bill Laimbeer play combat basketball had Larry Bird been making a guaranteed $15 million a year.

miniharrison37
04-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Huge discussion on ESPN PTI today if the league is getting soft or not with suspensions. Good points though

Jakeh008
04-19-2010, 10:36 PM
I don't disagree about the heavy officiating, but you guys are missing the point about Garnett.

He dishes out cheap shots and runs away like a girl, he ain't a tough guy. He is in fact taking advantage of modern day officiating.

If he tried this sort of sh*t during the 80s, he would have been clocked by J.O. or Magloire immediately after. Players had a bit more respect in the past and would self-regulate each other.

This

-Smak

BarberSchool
04-20-2010, 01:05 AM
Kg deserved to get suspended. But they making the game real boring with the no taunting, Technicals for the dumbest reason. They need to let them play and just worry about punchesright, the taunting needs to be allowed, but as soon as the taunting conflagrates into actual physical contact/agression/violence, that's when suspensions and big fines are necessary.

And enough with these overly quick technicals for hanging on the rim.

23ajay
04-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Why did garnett get suspended and richardson didnt thats ridiculous richardson walked over to the celtics bench and started shoving people out of the way and then garnett gets suspended for throwing a accidental elbow:wtf: is going on

04mzwach
04-20-2010, 03:41 PM
There's a lot of players that throw elbows. It would be dumb as a donkey to ruin the outcome of the series based on one player's actions. Who wants to screw up the entire playoffs? Are some of you Heat fans or something? My god. No one was even hurt. Noah was though. I forgot. :lol

-M-I
04-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Why did garnett get suspended and richardson didnt thats ridiculous richardson walked over to the celtics bench and started shoving people out of the way and then garnett gets suspended for throwing a accidental elbow:wtf: is going on

...It was the Heat bench. Don't know why people keep saying Celtics bench.

KoRn

because all richardson did was yap. if he threw an elbow, then he would have been suspended too.

04mzwach
I don't think they should make an example of Garnett, but take off your homer glasses or get some new specs. That's not how it happened. :ohwell:

Or was there another incident I don't know about?

StacksOnDeck

Accidental?

KoRn
04-20-2010, 03:45 PM
There's a lot of players that throw elbows. It would be dumb as a donkey to ruin the outcome of the series based on one player's actions. Who wants to screw up the entire playoffs? Are some of you Heat fans or something? My god. No one was even hurt. Noah was though. I forgot. :lol

elbow to the head are different from elbows to the body when one tries to fight for position. and to top that, play was dead. so you don't think dwight howard should have been suspended last year for elbowing dalembert?

04mzwach
04-20-2010, 03:59 PM
elbow to the head are different from elbows to the body when one tries to fight for position. and to top that, play was dead. so you don't think dwight howard should have been suspended last year for elbowing dalembert?
There should always be consequences. I just don't want them to "hand" out something like a 3 day suspension, which could "hand" another team the series. I'm good with a 1 day suspension, but the people looking for harsher punishments are the people that I don't agree with. I want it to stay competitive.

KoRn
04-20-2010, 04:03 PM
There should always be consequences. I just don't want them to "hand" out something like a 3 day suspension, which could "hand" another team the series. I'm good with a 1 day suspension, but the people looking for harsher punishments are the people that I don't agree with. I want it to stay competitive.

that's kool. i would rather they go back to 80's rule and not suspend them. but these days, since they are suspending players, i just want it uniformly enforced.

MMM
04-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Accidental?

I thought the elbow was more of a get off of me elbow instead of an intentionall but it doesn't really matter now.

Phong
04-20-2010, 04:44 PM
I thought the elbow was more of a get off of me elbow instead of an intentionall but it doesn't really matter now.When he threw the elbow to Richardson's face only his right arm was being held. So why swing with your left and hit Richardson when the guy who's holding you is on your right?

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/5944/animation1u.gif

And by the way he cocked his left arm his movements weren't restricted at all. I don't know how anybody can think it wasn't intentional.

EDIT: And notice how only one Heat player was holding KG (one arm then wrapped him up when he swung his elbow), yet all the Celtics fans were saying how 7-8 players were surrounding him and that's why he had to fight to get out of there.

jasonresno
04-20-2010, 09:18 PM
When he threw the elbow to Richardson's face only his right arm was being held. So why swing with your left and hit Richardson when the guy who's holding you is on your right?

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/5944/animation1u.gif

And by the way he cocked his left arm his movements weren't restricted at all. I don't know how anybody can think it wasn't intentional.

EDIT: And notice how only one Heat player was holding KG (one arm then wrapped him up when he swung his elbow), yet all the Celtics fans were saying how 7-8 players were surrounding him and that's why he had to fight to get out of there.
You're not allowed to call Celtic fans wrong on anything. KG is and will always be Jesus Christ incarnate.