PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James is on pace right now to Score 81 points against the Knicks

O.J A 6'4Mamba
02-06-2010, 09:13 PM
31 points 8 mins left in the 2nd . oh my.

U got Served
02-06-2010, 09:14 PM
I hope he breaks the record.

MeLO MvP 15
02-06-2010, 09:14 PM
wow... but if theyre up big, hell prob rest in the fourth

AKADS
02-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Game thread. Its not even half time yet

1~Gibson~1
02-06-2010, 09:18 PM
I hope he breaks the record.
the record is 100. i DOUBT he breaks that.

Bodhi
02-06-2010, 09:20 PM
He'll probably end up with less than 45. Just like every other time a thread like this is created before the second half.

francesco totti
02-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Difference right now is 23 points, and I think he will be rested alot in this game.

Just like post above me, he wont go beyond 45..

NBASTATMAN
02-06-2010, 09:23 PM
31 points 8 mins left in the 2nd . oh my.

Lebron is da man.. But he won't score that many cuz they are blowing the knicks out...

NBASTATMAN
02-06-2010, 09:24 PM
He'll probably end up with less than 45. Just like every other time a thread like this is created before the second half.

He usually goes into pt guard mode AFTER a great quarter... He is a team player..

cotdt
02-06-2010, 09:24 PM
They are blowing out the Knicks, Lebron will sit for most of 2nd half. Most of Kobe's 81 points were with the Lakers behind and his scoring happening in critical moments that eventually gave the Lakers the lead.

Lebron23
02-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Come on Knicks.

I want to see LeBron score 70 points.

Bodhi
02-06-2010, 09:26 PM
He usually goes into pt guard mode AFTER a great quarter... He is a team player..

Either that or he gets tired taking so many shots and plays passively on purpose. Depends on what team you're a fan of.

NBASTATMAN
02-06-2010, 09:28 PM
They are blowing out the Knicks, Lebron will sit for most of 2nd half. Most of Kobe's 81 points were with the Lakers behind and his scoring happening in critical moments that eventually gave the Lakers the lead.

Not Kobe's last 15 .. But he did it in a comeback so that was cool... If Lebron wanted to score 80 he could... Especially if they kept feeding him..

Myth
02-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Screw the points, he should go for a quadruple double! 4 steals, 6 assists, 3 rebounds.

rfm767
impressive, but not gonna happen

FashionIssues
his night will end early. 40 in the first half would have been impressive enough.

U got Served
02-06-2010, 09:37 PM
If LeBron wanted to score 81, he could.
LeBron>>Kobe

Myth
02-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Good game LeBron: 35 points, 6 assists, 4 steals, and 3 rebounds. :applause:

Whats that? Its only half time!?!?!

thejumpa
02-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Damn....he should at least go for 50.

GollyImSoGully
02-06-2010, 09:40 PM
He won't EVER get 81.

Myth
02-06-2010, 09:42 PM
He won't EVER get 81.

Thats nice. Thanks for your input Negative Nancy.

dr8ked
02-06-2010, 09:42 PM
:eek: :eek: shooting 13/18 FG. he'll go into PG mode in 2nd half

Myth
02-06-2010, 09:43 PM
As somebody pointed out in the game thread, he has played under 20 minutes :eek:

sixer6ad
02-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Here is the last of his back to back to back to back 3's in the final 1:55:

http://www.nba.com/video/games/cavaliers/2010/02/06/0020900743_nyk_cle_play2.nba/

thegodfather
02-06-2010, 09:51 PM
nah I am a LeBron super fan but he aint gonna touch Kobe's 81, he's just not that type of player or scorer...but it's cool, I'd rather have him 50-60 with a very good all around game, probably a triple or quadruple double if he can \m/.

Myth
02-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Here is the last of his back to back to back to back 3's in the final 1:55:

http://www.nba.com/video/games/cavaliers/2010/02/06/0020900743_nyk_cle_play2.nba/

Wow, shooting that far out seems completely unnecessary. Was the 24 second shot clock running out? It was amazing that he made it though.

coin24
02-06-2010, 09:54 PM
I doubt he'd ever try to match that 81.. obviously he could without too much effort.... Doesnt seem stat orientated as much as Kobe...

Cangri
02-06-2010, 09:55 PM
nah I am a LeBron super fan but he aint gonna touch Kobe's 81, he's just not that type of player or scorer...but it's cool, I'd rather have him 50-60 with a very good all around game, probably a triple or quadruple double if he can \m/.
He could if he wanted to, but he would have to be the only one trying to score, something he'll never do.

FlashDwyaneWade3
02-06-2010, 09:56 PM
If LeBron wanted to score 81, he could.
LeBron>>Kobe
Unless he improves his jump shot.

ODEN>DURANT
02-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Lebron will settle out for about 45, 10 assists, 7 rebounds, 6 steals.

DTD
02-06-2010, 10:03 PM
I doubt he'd ever try to match that 81.. obviously he could without too much effort.... Doesnt seem stat orientated as much as Kobe...

:oldlol:

Younggrease
02-06-2010, 10:04 PM

b/c thats why he did it...he choose not to do a week before and got blasted and now he does it and still gets blasted. people are so fickle

Lebron is very stat oriented...

thegodfather
02-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Unless he improves his jump shot.

he has improved tremendously since, though he could still improve...but at the end of the day, as everyone would agree, he's just not that type of player or prolific scorer ala Kobe or even Durant because he still involves his teammates...I'll take that 10/10 times, a very high scoring all around performance or player at that than just a super scoring machine...I'll take 40-50 pts with a triple double than 81 pts at all times if you know what am sayin \m/.

FlashDwyaneWade3
02-06-2010, 10:09 PM
he has improved tremendously since, though he could still improve...but at the end of the day, as everyone would agree, he's just not that type of player or prolific scorer ala Kobe or even Durant because he still involves his teammates...I'll take that 10/10 times, a very high scoring all around performance or player at that than just a super scoring machine...I'll take 40-50 pts with a triple double than 81 pts at all times if you know what am sayin \m/.
He can get a chance cause he has the ball 90% of the time. That's why he averages 29 PPG and 8 APG.

dr8ked
02-06-2010, 10:11 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: @ lebron missing the alley hoop

thejusman1
02-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Aw, you jinxed it.

YAWN
02-06-2010, 10:14 PM
:eek: :eek: shooting 13/18 FG. he'll go into PG mode in 2nd half

hes 13/23 now, thread jinx?

thegodfather
02-06-2010, 10:14 PM
He can get a chance cause he has the ball 90% of the time. That's why he averages 29 PPG and 8 APG.

wahahaha, hatin? of course he has to have the ball, he needs to have the ball 90% of the time, depends on what the team needs him to be...so what? at least the good thing is he still involves the whole team...he might be chuckin some shots here and there at times but nobody can accuse him of being a ballhog or not trying to involve his teammates...he's still a team player, a very very good all around team player...unlike other superstars who's more than happy to chuck and chuck and chuck...clearly ballhogs...\m/.

Cangri
02-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Nothing but net?

Cangri
02-06-2010, 10:16 PM
wahahaha, hatin? of course he has to have the ball, he needs to have the ball 90% of the time, depends on what the team needs him to be...so what? at least the good thing is he still involves the whole team...he might be chuckin some shots here and there at times but nobody can accuse him of being a ballhog or not trying to involve his teammates...he's still a team player, a very very good all around team player...unlike other superstars who's more than happy to chuck and chuck and chuck...clearly ballhogs...\m/.
This is true, he ALWAYS tries to involve his teamates.

amfirst
02-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Sure LeBron can score 81 and so can anyone else, but they'll end up losing the game.

thegodfather
02-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Sure LeBron can score 81 and so can anyone else, but they'll end up losing the game.

he CAN, he COULD...but he DON'T and WON'T...just not that type of player \m/.

Cangri
02-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Not really.

dr8ked
02-06-2010, 10:29 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: shaq blocks duhon and nate, nate returns the favor with a block :oldlol:

Cangri
02-06-2010, 10:32 PM
They can't stop the Knicks rofl, I swear the Knicks don't miss anything!

dr8ked
02-06-2010, 10:35 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: cavs getting raped in the qtr

plowking
02-06-2010, 10:36 PM
I love all these "he could score 70, but he doesn't want to since he plays for the team"...

He was 13-18 and now he's gone 2-11 after that. My ass he's not going for it. :oldlol: People don't seem to understand that these are NBA players, and they can adjust to stop a guy.

kkling
02-06-2010, 10:37 PM
I love all these "he could score 70, but he doesn't want to since he plays for the team"...

He was 13-18 and now he's gone 2-11 after that. My ass he's not going for it. :oldlol: People don't seem to understand that these are NBA players, and they can adjust to stop a guy.

Lebron missing easier shots than he was making earlier is because of the adjustments?

rfm767
02-06-2010, 10:38 PM
He choked just on the idea of making a feat like kobe did. :lol

Now seriously, Shooting bad after such an awesome 1st half is normal.

Indian guy
02-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Knicks sure have made the league's #1 ranked defense look ordinary tonight.

plowking
02-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Lebron missing easier shots than he was making earlier is because of the adjustments?

His shots not on as well. Just because he's missed one alley, doesn't mean the rest of the shots were easy.

thegodfather
02-06-2010, 10:42 PM

the point is he's not going out of his way to do so, he might be, might not be trying to score more...but it's within the flow of the game, what he's called for, he still makes it a point to play within the team concept, not "ME" against the other team, he still involves his teammates...that's what makes him special and a very very good all around player...not just an all around scorer or a super prolific scorer or shooter...\m/.

dr8ked
02-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Knicks sure have made the league's #1 ranked defense look ordinary tonight.

knicks outscored them in the paint in the 4th qtr. on offense there was no ball movement on the cavs side, just chucking up shots.

YAWN
02-06-2010, 10:52 PM
the point is he's not going out of his way to do so, he might be, might not be trying to score more...but it's within the flow of the game, what he's called for, he still makes it a point to play within the team concept, not "ME" against the other team, he still involves his teammates...that's what makes him special and a very very good all around player...not just an all around scorer or a super prolific scorer or shooter...\m/.

from what i have seen he touches the ball on nearly every possession. he makes the decision of whether he is going to take a shot, drive, or dribble and kick to a teammate. its hard to claim that as playing within the team concept, since mike browns employs the "i just get the ball to the king and hope things go well" game plan.

Cangri
02-06-2010, 10:55 PM
from what i have seen he touches the ball on nearly every possession. he makes the decision of whether he is going to take a shot, drive, or dribble and kick to a teammate. its hard to claim that as playing within the team concept, since mike browns employs the "i just get the ball to the king and hope things go well" game plan.
Well if it's working, why change it? :lol
They have the best record in the NBA with that simple strategy, that's just nuts.
Good job Brown, another Coach of the year for you :D

thegodfather
02-06-2010, 11:06 PM

well if that's what the team needs him to do now in the absence of Mo-Will and DWest or even with them around...if that what it takes to WIN, he'll do that...that's what a basketball player is all about, whatever however your team needs you to produce and perform to come up with a W...its quite obvious with other superstars that they really go out of their way to just score and score and score, despite the talent they have around them, despite the system the coach implements to play team ball...play the right way...if you're not a homer or a hater, its very easy to distinguish the difference of what am talking about...\m/.

Allstar24
02-06-2010, 11:08 PM

I know :oldlol:

Indian guy
02-06-2010, 11:14 PM

I don't think you watched the game. Knicks made no adjustments in the 2nd half save for being a bit more aggressive on high screen n rolls. LeBron simply didn't come out to compete in the 2nd half. Wasn't at all intersted in shooting(only 13 shots, majority once the game got close), and when he did shoot it was mostly bail out shots or oh-i'm-supposd-to-be-hot-shots. No real aggressive intent to score(or play D for that matter). His first drive to the basket in the 2nd half was late 4th qtr. Believe me, if he truly had the intent to put up a big number, he would've CRUISED to a 60 point night. The NY D is brutal and LeBron can drive on them for a dunk/layup/foul on pretty much every possession.

I do believe LeBron cares deeply about his stats, but he doesn't seem to have any great passion to put up high scoring numbers. He would've easily doubled his career 50 point games by now if he even had 1/4 of Kobe's desire to dominate with his scoring when HOT.

RedBlackAttack
02-06-2010, 11:19 PM

Well... 12 shots in the second half when you are that hot in the first isn't all that much... Especially considering that he didn't get his usual rest to start the fourth quarter.

He was pretty clearly in passive mode after the first quarter and it got him out of his rhythm. I'm not going to sit here and say that he would have gone for 70 or 80 if he would have stayed aggressive in the final three quarters, but I do think that he would have probably had 60 or more. Even if his shot did not stay as crisp as it had been to start, being aggressive would have meant getting plays at the basket and getting to the free throw line.

He most certainly went into passive mode tonight and it had nothing to do with what NY was doing defensively.

NBASTATMAN
02-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Lebron will settle out for about 45, 10 assists, 7 rebounds, 6 steals.

Dude you were pretty damn close.. :applause:

NBASTATMAN
02-06-2010, 11:29 PM
He choked just on the idea of making a feat like kobe did. :lol

Now seriously, Shooting bad after such an awesome 1st half is normal.

If Lebron wanted to score in the 70 plus range he would have to get to the free 20-25 times..But when he gets hot he just starts throwing up 30 fters.. With the Knicks he could have tried to get to the line early in the 3rd to get his shot going again but he didn't.. He settled for making passes and taking jumpers.. Doesn't matter cuz he could have easily gone for 50 plus and still didn't go for it.. He wasn't even trying to attack when they had a big lead..

Kingwillball
02-06-2010, 11:32 PM
I don't think you watched the game. Knicks made no adjustments in the 2nd half save for being a bit more aggressive on high screen n rolls. LeBron simply didn't come out to compete in the 2nd half. Wasn't at all intersted in shooting(only 13 shots, majority once the game got close), and when he did shoot it was mostly bail out shots or oh-i'm-supposd-to-be-hot-shots. No real aggressive intent to score(or play D for that matter). His first drive to the basket in the 2nd half was late 4th qtr. Believe me, if he truly had the intent to put up a big number, he would've CRUISED to a 60 point night. The NY D is brutal and LeBron can drive on them for a dunk/layup/foul on pretty much every possession.

I do believe LeBron cares deeply about his stats, but he doesn't seem to have any great passion to put up high scoring numbers. He would've easily doubled his career 50 point games by now if he even had 1/4 of Kobe's desire to dominate with his scoring when HOT.

:applause: Good post, I agree completely. With Cavs up by 20 plus he coasted than did what he had to do to seal the victory. If he kept on attacking he would have scored 60 easy tonight but the Cavs would have been up 30 and that would have looked like he has padding his stats or being a ball hog. This the 4th or 5th time this year Lebron COULD have scored 50 points but chose to throttle it down and coast after Cavs built big lead.

Glide2keva
02-07-2010, 12:04 AM
To a terrible Raptors team, lol

YAWN
02-07-2010, 12:29 AM
Well if it's working, why change it? :lol
They have the best record in the NBA with that simple strategy, that's just nuts.
Good job Brown, another Coach of the year for you :D
hah him having coach of the year drives me nuts. and yes if they can get away with it in the playoffs then roll with it.

well if that's what the team needs him to do now in the absence of Mo-Will and DWest or even with them around...if that what it takes to WIN, he'll do that...that's what a basketball player is all about, whatever however your team needs you to produce and perform to come up with a W...its quite obvious with other superstars that they really go out of their way to just score and score and score, despite the talent they have around them, despite the system the coach implements to play team ball...play the right way...if you're not a homer or a hater, its very easy to distinguish the difference of what am talking about...\m/.

this isn't just with those guys out, this is all the time. it gets even worse down the stretch in close games where they just go to the le-iso 10 times in a row. but if it works and they feel it will work in the playoffs then they have to roll with it. it helps my fantasy team :D

YAWN
02-07-2010, 12:34 AM

thats countered when smush parker, chris mihm, and kwame brown are starters. i don't care if you're playing the worst team in the nba, scoring that much in a game in the nba is an amazing feat, not need to downplay it because you dislike kobe.

RedBlackAttack
02-07-2010, 12:37 AM
thats countered when smush parker, chris mihm, and kwame brown are starters. i don't care if you're playing the worst team in the nba, scoring that much in a game in the nba is an amazing feat, not need to downplay it because you dislike kobe.
Incredible... No doubt. One of the most amazing individual performances in modern sports history, in fact. We may not see it again in our lifetime.

Meticode
02-07-2010, 01:07 AM
A win is a win. The Cavaliers drove me nuts in the second half with their play. The first half it was pretty much LeBron Cavaliers vs. New York Knicks.

big baller
02-07-2010, 01:12 AM
81 :roll:

artest 93
02-07-2010, 02:17 AM
This happens to LeBron all the time. He always seems to be on paced for something legendary and then he falls off all of a sudden. Sometimes he just decides to shut it down and let his teammates play. LeBron just doesn't chuck out 35 shots on any given night -- he rebounds and dishes out assists like a true PG.

I'm willing to bet that LeBron will definitely have a 70 pt. game at least once in his career, but I'm thinking it will happen more than once. This guy is insanely good. Unfortunately, his wins tend to be blowouts and he has no excuse for stacking up points. He needs to make it a goal, and make it known to the public so he won't be attacked for it.

Let's face it: LeBron has a ridiculously high standard. When my friend texted me his statline tonight: 48/8/8 or whatever it was, I said "OMG he sucks" because I was expecting 70/10/10/10 :lol (after having 31 pts/4/5/4 with 11 minutes left in the 2nd)

LeBron is an all-around player. Him having 70/5/5 would look pathetically selfish. It would have to be 70/10/10 or better.

dr8ked
02-07-2010, 02:27 AM
This happens to LeBron all the time. He always seems to be on paced for something legendary and then he falls off all of a sudden. Sometimes he just decides to shut it down and let his teammates play. LeBron just doesn't chuck out 35 shots on any given night -- he rebounds and dishes out assists like a true PG.

I'm willing to bet that LeBron will definitely have a 70 pt. game at least once in his career, but I'm thinking it will happen more than once. This guy is insanely good. Unfortunately, his wins tend to be blowouts and he has no excuse for stacking up points. He needs to make it a goal, and make it known to the public so he won't be attacked for it.

Let's face it: LeBron has a ridiculously high standard. When my friend texted me his statline tonight: 48/8/8 or whatever it was, I said "OMG he sucks" because I was expecting 70/10/10/10 :lol (after having 31 pts/4/5/4 with 11 minutes left in the 2nd)

LeBron is an all-around player. Him having 70/5/5 would look pathetically selfish. It would have to be 70/10/10 or better.

This post is funny :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Thats too much to ask for.

DuMa
02-07-2010, 02:33 AM
someday LeBron will have the ultimate stat line in NBA history. i wont say what it is but you'll know what it is when it comes.

also LeBron cant play for the Knicks. he has too much fun playing against them. so he is definitely staying in Cleveland

oh the horror
02-07-2010, 02:36 AM
I think people tend to under estimate just how difficult it is, to just walk into a basketball court, and score into the 60s, 70s, and 80 point ranges.

DuMa
02-07-2010, 02:37 AM
"I could really go for 50 a lot of nights if I wanted to," James said. "But I feel like if I have my teammates involved, it's ultimately going to help us in the long run."

so there u have it.

ILLsmak
02-07-2010, 03:45 AM
A win is a win. The Cavaliers drove me nuts in the second half with their play. The first half it was pretty much LeBron Cavaliers vs. New York Knicks.

I think it was in the 2nd half, too... that's why they were all just standing around.

This game was over early. Scoring 20+ points in the first for a 20 point lead... then I think he just lost his concentration. I do wonder if people were urging him to shoot, though. Everyone (including me) wants to see how many Bron can score, but I don't think he feels comfortable. It's not that he can only score about 40 (in one half, mind you), but it's just his way of clowning. I think when people start relying on him too heavily it messes up his rhythm.

But I wanna see a game just once where Bron is in one of those modes like he was vs the knicks and the other team is balling enough to keep it close. That's when we'll see him score the most.

I think people tend to under estimate just how difficult it is, to just walk into a basketball court, and score into the 60s, 70s, and 80 point ranges.

Yea, but people don't realize 35 in one half on those kind of percentages... effectively putting the game away in about 10 minutes... is just as hard. Then you probably get bored.

-Smak

TheGreatDeraj
02-07-2010, 04:02 AM
I love when Lebron just starts throwing up threes from all over the place, unstoppable :bowdown:

You've been slacking on your Lakers gamethread predictions. I miss them.

flipogb
02-07-2010, 06:22 AM
if you can score 81 and your fans say you are capable of it and want to see it

then do it . dont give me this teammate crap, I get it your a good teammate.

be selfish for one day and lets see if you really have that huge scoring game in you

who says hes not allowed to have an ultimate stat stuffing game and in another game have one of the highest scoring outputs ever

plowking
02-07-2010, 07:12 AM
so there u have it.

Yep, lied right to the camera. Why wouldn't he go for 50 every night? Because he can't. You think he wouldn't want to average 40+ points throughout the season while being on a 55+ win team? It'd be looked at as the greatest accomplishment in basketball.

lilgodfather1
02-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Yep, lied right to the camera. Why wouldn't he go for 50 every night? Because he can't. You think he wouldn't want to average 40+ points throughout the season while being on a 55+ win team? It'd be looked at as the greatest accomplishment in basketball.
He averages 30 on 20 shots a game. If he shot 10 more times (30) he could theoretically average 40. But that isn't his game. He likes to get everyone involved and that is what his greatest strength is not scoring.

joyner82
02-07-2010, 11:03 AM
He averages 30 on 20 shots a game. If he shot 10 more times (30) he could theoretically average 40. But that isn't his game. He likes to get everyone involved and that is what his greatest strength is not scoring.

Durant and Lebron have the same averages in FGA and PPG while Durant is 4 years younger. I guess you'd say the same about Durant, correct? Actually speak even higher of Durant seeing as he's 21 and in his 3rd year while Lebron is a 7 year vet.

lilgodfather1
02-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Durant and Lebron have the same averages in FGA and PPG while Durant is 4 years younger. I guess you'd say the same about Durant, correct? Actually speak even higher of Durant seeing as he's 21 and in his 3rd year while Lebron is a 7 year vet.
Yes theoretically durant could average 39-39.5 PPG on 30 shots. His FG% is lower than Lebron so his points would be lower.

Amil23
02-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Kobe fans are the most insecure ever.Of course hes not going to go for 80 because he will NEVER take over 40 shots.

oh the horror
02-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Kobe fans are the most insecure ever.Of course hes not going to go for 80 because he will NEVER take over 40 shots.

You're so right. Lebron should just break Wilt's record of 100.

Disaprine
02-07-2010, 02:29 PM
you mad?

Myth
02-07-2010, 02:35 PM
if you can score 81 and your fans say you are capable of it and want to see it

then do it . dont give me this teammate crap, I get it your a good teammate.

be selfish for one day and lets see if you really have that huge scoring game in you

The problem is, to see what he is really capable of he would have to have many days where he decided to be selfish. Kobe had about 2 seasons of trying to do most of his team's scoring, and 1 day he just happened to get hot enough to go for 81. The other days he Kobe went out gunning he scored somewhere between 40 and 60. Thus, if Kobe only chose "1 day" to go off, it most likely would not have been the 81 point game. So having LeBron choose just "1 day" means he will likely have 40-60 points, but it would take many trial and error days of trying to do all the scoring himself to reach a peak point performance for himself, much like it took Kobe many tries.

Younggrease
02-07-2010, 02:39 PM
The problem is, to see what he is really capable of he would have to have many days where he decided to be selfish. Kobe had about 2 seasons of trying to do most of his team's scoring, and 1 day he just happened to get hot enough to go for 81. The other days he Kobe went out gunning he scored somewhere between 40 and 60. Thus, if Kobe only chose "1 day" to go off, it most likely would not have been the 81 point game. So having LeBron choose just "1 day" means he will likely have 40-60 points, but it would take many trial and error days of trying to do all the scoring himself to reach a peak point performance for himself, much like it took Kobe many tries.

so your saying Kobe tried to go off on Toronto...like it was planned..

Also Kobe wasnt able to try to go off when he was at his peak in scoring abilities...Kobe in 2003-2004 when he was more athletic would have been able to put up bigger numbers easier. after his injury following the 2005-2006 season he lost a lot athletically. He really only had one year where he had his elite athletism +elite skills +health + green light to go out and put up numbers.

What he did in 2006-2007 was a guide on how to score the ball. He went from people saying he was never going to get back enough athletism, that he lost it, missing dunks, getting his shots thrown to scoring at will after adjusting and getting a portion of his atheltism back mid season.

RJChPD
02-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Another Kobe vs Lebron thread in disguise. Who would have thought ?

Myth
02-07-2010, 02:44 PM
so your saying Kobe tried to go off on Toronto...like it was planned..

No, I'm saying Kobe had many games where he didn't worry so much about getting teammates involved, and after many of these games, one of them he just happened to score 81 points. The guy I was responding to was suggesting that LeBron should just try for only 1 game to not hold back, and I was pointing out that just doing it once will not likely result in your top performance.

oh the horror
02-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Like I said....people continue to underestimate how hard it is to just walk onto a court, and drop 50-60-70-and 80 plus.

crisoner
02-07-2010, 03:25 PM
81 points will never happen again and here is why.

You need a player who can do it first off all and you need it to be the right situation. Kobe was on that hot streak back then remember he scored 60 plus on the Mavs in 3 quarters.

Then you need the right situation....Kobe was on a bad team back then. And when he went for 81 the Lakers NEEDED (key word) him to take over the game so they can win.

I think LeBron...Melo....and maybe D-Wade are all capable of scoring this many points I really do. But for this to hapen they all will need to be in that Zone Kobe was in in that stretch...AND they will need to be in the right situation.
It's like the planets will all have to align in a certain way or some sh*t.

Hence........81 or plus points is not gunna happen anytime soon if ever.
70 plus....maybe.
And I bet Melo does it someday in his career.

Younggrease
02-07-2010, 03:28 PM
And I bet Melo does it someday in his career.

melo cant do it b/c he can handle the ball well enough. too easy to take the ball out of his hands.

crisoner
02-07-2010, 03:37 PM
melo cant do it b/c he can handle the ball well enough. too easy to take the ball out of his hands.

Melo is a great scorer can score all day in the post...just how Wilt did it to get 100.

Younggrease
02-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Melo is a great scorer can score all day in the post...just how Wilt did it to get 100.

please dont ever compare Melo to Wilt again.

the points that come once you get over 50 or 60 are not gonna come from the post because of the zone and how quickly your doubled.

bleedinpurpleTwo
02-07-2010, 04:12 PM
I just don't see anyone dropping 81 ever again.
1. it would have to be against a team like the Knicks.
2. it would have to be a close enu game (otherwise, the scorer in question will go to the bench).

nah...I just don't see it happening.