PDA

View Full Version : Monta Ellis can't see playing alongside Stephen Curry

Mississippi
09-28-2009, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE]Then Monta came out. He was usually dismissive and, thus, boring until he was asked if he could see himself and rookie guard Stephen Curry sharing the backcourt.

StroShow4
09-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Warriors are a f@cking wreck. :ohwell:

NY Comeback
09-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Then his ass is getting dealt.

The Knicks are listening, Nellie! :D

kurple
09-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Ellis got to go

you don't say that even if it's true

Bigsmoke
09-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Warriors wasnt winning before Curry.

but they should might as well help the Lakers out and give then Ellis maybe lol.

G.O.A.T
09-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Sounds like Monta knows Curry is better than him.

Mississippi
09-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Sounds like Monta knows Curry is better than him.
:oldlol: Joke?

oh the horror
09-28-2009, 05:54 PM
I would trade this kid based on the simple fact that he sounds like a massive pain in the ass. Bye bye!

DuMa
09-28-2009, 05:55 PM
all the big 2s are gonan post that team all season long.

MeLO MvP 15
09-28-2009, 05:56 PM
So Monta Ellis should be traded to Denver!

idizzle
09-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Here is my opinion.

I would actually like Morrow and Curry better. Curry and Ellis are the same player except one went to college and the other came straight from high school. I want the Warriors to trade Monta Ellis because I honestly don't believe Curry and Ellis can co-exist plus I really don't want to a undersize backcourt.

These are the 2 options the Warriors should do either start Curry and Morrow together or start Monta Ellis and Kelenna Azubuike together.

Both of them are 6'3 180. The slight difference betweem them is Curry is a better passer than Monta. Monta can jump out of the gym better than Curry.

Curry is a better shooter than Monta. Monta can get to the rim better than Curry.

Mississippi
09-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Here is my opinion.

I would actually like Morrow and Curry better. Curry and Ellis are the same player except one went to college and the other came straight from high school. I want the Warriors to trade Monta Ellis because I honestly don't believe Curry and Ellis can co-exist plus I really don't want to a undersize backcourt.

These are the 2 options the Warriors should do either start Curry and Morrow together or start Monta Ellis and Kelenna Azubuike together.

Both of them are 6'3 180. The slight difference betweem them is Curry is a better passer than Monta. Monta can jump out of the gym better than Curry.

Curry is a better shooter than Monta. Monta can get to the rim better than Curry.

Why trade Monta though?

Rekindled
09-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Here is my opinion.

curry+ morrow would be the second best shooting back court in the nba

noob cake
09-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Here is my opinion.

Monta Ellis is proven in the NBA; Curry is untested.

Mississippi
09-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Big Z for Monta Ellis?

That trade makes alot of sense. Warriors get rid of Ellis's huge contract and get an expirer in return.

SCdac
09-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Monta complained about the Curry pick after the draft, not surprising to see he hasn't changed his tune... Have to wonder what will happen with that team though. Jackson wanting out, Monta seems unhappy, Maggette on the block last season, etc.

SCdac
09-28-2009, 06:10 PM
Big Z for Monta Ellis?

That trade makes alot of sense. Warriors get rid of Ellis's huge contract and get an expirer in return.

Even as an expirer though, how much use would Ilguaskas have with GS? He's slow and old. Have to think recent addition of Mikki Moore fits that running team better.

G.O.A.T
09-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Why trade Monta though?

Because you stink with him at PG and his value may never be higher.

I'm not saying I would for sure, but if a good offer comes across, I'm taking it.

Mississippi
09-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Even as an expirer though, how much use would Ilguaskas have with GS? He's slow and old. Have to think recent addition of Mikki Moore fits that running team better.
Cavs could send a pick too I guess. They don't need Z so they could buy him out and he could return to the Cavs. Then Warriors should trade Sjax to Portland for Outlaw and Blake. Warriors get more expiring contracts with this trade.

Cavs:
Mo Williams
Monta
Lebron
Varejeo
Shaq

Warriors:
Curry
Morrow
Maggette
Randolph
Biedrins

Portland:
Miller
Roy
Sjax
Aldridge
Oden

OneMoreSucka
09-28-2009, 06:32 PM
He's just pissed that Nelson already loves Curry more than him :oldlol:

kurple
09-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Are you for real missisippi? Monta is worth much more than a late 1st round pick,

Mississippi
09-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Are you for real missisippi? Monta is worth much more than a late 1st round pick
Big Z's expirer and a first round pick is enough? They're are only two teams I could see him going to and it's Charlotte and Cleveland maybe even Houston.

brwnman
09-28-2009, 06:53 PM
I think this has more to do with Monta's animosity towards GS than him not wanting to play with Curry. He got jerked around by GS after his accident (and some might say rightfully so), and he didn't like it. He wanted out last year as well, he just didn't say it - but there were plenty of rumblings going on. Monta will not survive the year in GS; he doesn't want to...

beasted86
09-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Monta is one of my favorite players... but what were they thinking giving him $11M per year?

:banghead: Crackhead GMs.... If he was fairly priced around $8M, there would be alot of teams after that kid.

snipes12
09-28-2009, 07:00 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9exm5d

Clippers-dallas-gsw trade

clippers

camby
griffin
howard
gordon
davis

gsw
beidrinch
randolph
magette
curry
barrea

dallas

kaman/gooden
dirk/tim thomas
marion/jackson
ellis/curry
j-kidd/bebwas

sick

Twiens
09-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Trade Monta and Biedrins for a star big, start Morrow.

branslowski
09-28-2009, 07:51 PM
I never even understood the pick of Curry by the Warriors anyway...I mean, Monte is suppose to be your primed scorer (ppl calling him the next A.I), and he's small and quick...I think DeMar Derozen would have been the better pick...He's about 6-6 or so, this could slide Monte to the 1..Be a scoring PG who could dish the ball...And Morrow coming off the bench with a solid scoring ability...Man...They should have passed on Steph...So the Knicks could have took him.

The_Yearning
09-28-2009, 07:57 PM
monta ellis is g as fk for saying that lol mofo effin g right there...

goldenryan
09-28-2009, 08:08 PM

in before eddie curry & jeffries gets brought up.

qrich
09-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Camby + Ricky Davis for Monta. Warriors get a running big man and save salary, Clippers create a great trio at the G's with Monta/Baron/Gordon :eek:

ganja0710
09-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Here is my opinion.

What, i dont get it.

First you said curry and ellis are alike, hell you said that they're the "same player" then you go on seperating the two from their differences? :confusedshrug:

Brujesino
09-28-2009, 09:50 PM
hey nellie how about you just have monta play pg and bring stephon of the bench?

oh wait your a dumbass and want to start them at the same time

lineup should be

pg monta
sg buike
sf jackson
pf randolph
c beidrins

thats a solid starting lineup that can somewhat defend and can defenitly score

BankShot
09-28-2009, 09:57 PM

The Knicks are listening, and have nothing that the Warriors would be interested.

In general, the Knicks have pretty much nothing other teams would be willing to take back in a trade for any desirable talent.

The Poet
09-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Monta hasn't been relevant for awhile now.

White Chocolate
09-28-2009, 10:47 PM
A backcourt where neither player is more than 6'2". This team is giving up 120 PPG. :oldlol:

NLZ
09-29-2009, 12:30 PM
Big Z for Monta Ellis?

Yeah, they're going to get rid of a 20 PPG player for cap relief just because of a comment he made, that's right. Why are people so narrow-minded? You don't sign a player, and then 12 months later try and get rid of him for "cap relief" because of his "huge contract" you gave him ONLY 12 months ago.., come on..

Mississippi
09-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Yeah, they're going to get rid of a 20 PPG player for cap relief just because of a comment he made, that's right. Why are people so narrow-minded? You don't sign a player, and then 12 months later try and get rid of him for "cap relief" because of his "huge contract" you gave him ONLY 12 months ago.., come on..
Are they winning with his 20ppg? Do they not have another player on the team capable of scoring 20ppg? He's been nothing but trouble since signing the contract. The team is already in turmoil. If he wants out then they should try and trade him while his stock is pretty high. They are not getting much for him so they may as well get cap relief and a pick or two.

NLZ
09-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Are they winning with his 20ppg? Do they not have another player on the team capable of scoring 20ppg? He's been nothing but trouble since signing the contract. The team is already in turmoil. If he wants out then they should try and trade him while his stock is pretty high. They are not getting much for him so they may as well get cap relief and a pick or two. That, or they can trade for equal quality, or package him along with someone else for an an improved upgrade. There are better ways to go about this then to just get rid of him for virtually nothing.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
09-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Monta to NYK!

hawkfan
09-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Ellis got to go

you don't say that even if it's true

Who wants that horrible contract?

Ellis isn't worth more than 7 million per season, like Marvin Williams.

bagelred
09-29-2009, 01:39 PM
The Knicks are listening, and have nothing that the Warriors would be interested.

In general, the Knicks have pretty much nothing other teams would be willing to take back in a trade for any desirable talent.

More Knick bashing? Geez....isn't it boring already?

Why don't Knicks/GSW do a Curry/Hill swap and correct draft day mistake? I'm sure Knicks would do it and GSW probably benefits, even though Don Nelson hates black people....I mean, tall people.

SuperTwinz
09-29-2009, 11:41 PM
Doesn't look too happy:
http://www.nba.com/warriors/photos/MD09Portraits_Jackson.jpg

TheCorporation
03-19-2019, 11:23 PM
I never even understood the pick of Curry by the Warriors anyway...I mean, Monte is suppose to be your primed scorer (ppl calling him the next A.I), and he's small and quick...I think DeMar Derozen would have been the better pick...He's about 6-6 or so, this could slide Monte to the 1..Be a scoring PG who could dish the ball...And Morrow coming off the bench with a solid scoring ability...Man...They should have passed on Steph...So the Knicks could have took him.

Oh boy

Walk on Water
03-20-2019, 04:09 AM
:oldlol: Joke?

How is it a joke?

nashwade
03-20-2019, 04:14 AM
Warriors wasnt winning before Curry.

but they should might as well help the Lakers out and give then Ellis maybe lol.

they beat the first seed Mavs