Tim Duncan, Gerald Wallace are NBA Players of Week
The Charlotte Bobcats' Gerald Wallace and
Antonio Spurs' Tim Duncan today were named the Eastern and
Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played
April 2 through Sunday, April 8.
Wallace averaged 30.0 points on .610 shooting to go along with
rebounds, 4.0 steals and 3.0 assists in leading Charlotte to a 3-1 week.
had four games with three or more steals. Wallace ranks fifth in the
with 1.97 steals and has recorded 10 games this season with 30 or
Duncan averaged 21.3 points, 10.0 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 3.3 blocks
leading the Spurs to a 3-0 week. His two double-doubles for the week
his season total to 43 on the season, which ranks fifth in the NBA.
season he is shooting .543 from the field, while averaging 20.1.
10.7 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 2.4 blocks in just 34.4 minutes per game.
Here is a closer look at the week for Wallace and Duncan:
Gerald Wallace, Charlotte Bobcats:
- April 3 vs. Washington: Tallied 34 points, 14 rebounds, three steals
two blocks in a 122-102 win over the Wizards.
- April 4 @ Washington: Posted 27 points, 12 rebounds, eight assists and
steals in a 108-100 win over the Wizards.
- April 6 vs. Indiana: Netted 29 points along with nine rebounds, five
and two blocks in a 112-102 loss to the Pacers.
- April 8 @ Miami: Totaled 30 points, eight rebounds and four steals
111-103 victory over the Heat.
Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs:
- April 3 vs. Seattle: Tallied 14 points, seven assists, five
block and a steal in 27 minutes of a 110-91 win over the SuperSonics.
- April 5 vs. Phoenix: Added 22 points, 10 rebounds, five assists and
blocks in a 92-85 win over the Suns.
- April 7 vs. Golden State: Recorded 28 points, 15 rebounds, three
and four blocks as the Spurs defeated the Warriors 112-99.
Other nominees for Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week
Denver's Allen Iverson, Miami's Shaquille O'Neal, New Jersey's
Carter, New Orleans/Oklahoma City's Chris Paul, and Toronto's Chris